8.3

1. Nov 7, 2010
    Excellent review of events leading up to and persons causing the crisis. Most important is raising the question of accountability. Don't see this if you like living in a fog ... it will affect your perspective.
  2. JRE
    Oct 11, 2010
    The film revealed some fascinating aspects of the economic melt down that have not been shown in the main stream media. This film is well worth watching just to watch Fred Mishkin, Glenn Hubbard and John Campbell have "Ralph Kramden" moments when confronted with tough questions.
  3. Nov 22, 2010
    I found this documentary very disturbing to watch, yet, I knew that I had to. Several times during the movie I found myself uttering, OMG, Holy s__t! I can't believe the depth and pervasiveness of the greed and
    corruption in all strata of American society. I left the theater feeling totally impotent because I too voted for Barak Obama. I really believed he would/could change the status
    quo. But its obvious he can't/won't.
    I agree with Ashesndiamonds "every one should see this". But, better yet whats to be done?
  4. Nov 12, 2010
    What an excellent documentary, very well done and accurate. A must for free-thinkers and truth-seekers. The Wall Street Casino is widely exposed here!
  5. Nov 16, 2010
    This is simply the best film of the year and the best documentary since Fahrenheit 9/11. I was captivated and in awe. Instruction and informative, this really is a must see to those who want to think and learn. I rarely rate a film a 10 but this deserves it. I need to see it again to just absorb what is going on. It is what "Capitalism: A Love Story" wanted to be . A must see!
  6. Dec 18, 2010
    An excellent documentary - well organized. And a good looking film also. You do have to concentrate, as one question is answered by someone, then a cut to someone else who contradicts the first person. This juxtaposition happens often in the film and on occasion is hard to catch. Everyone in America should see this. With Wall St., who needs Al Qaeda!!
  7. Nov 27, 2010
    What the movie does for the viewer is to tie all all the ugly loose scraps together, so you see how "securitization", lack of regulation, insider double dealing and all the elements fit.

Recent poll, cited in the New York Review of Books, indicates that 32% of Democrats and 37% of Republican voters blame Wall St. for the economic collapse. You wonder who ELSE could possibly be blamed by
    the other 68% of Democrats and 63% of Republicans. These bipartisan dipsticks should see the film.

For a totally asinine review, check the New York Post's somewhere else on these pages. I tried to access the Post to register and counter the review. After 4th attempt to enter my birth date and being told that it was wrong each time, I settled for the bleak knowledge that general incompetence pervades this once-great daily, from its movie reviewer all the way to its website.
  8. Dec 11, 2010
    More of a horror film than a documentary, this film should be seen by every American to better understand this absolutely **** economic climate we are apart of. Absolutely one of the best docs of 2010, if the not the very best.
  9. Feb 26, 2011
    Very good documentary about some of the issues that caused the financial collapse. I thought the manner i which credit default swaps and derivatives was explained was great. I wish it would have had more interviews with people involved in washington at the time and asked more questions about regulation.
  10. Apr 12, 2011
    I am not a big fan of documentaries, but "Inside Job" was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I really praise Ferguson's courage to hit really hard one of the several "beasts" (=corporations) who get bigger and bigger every day by depleting people's pockets and pushing them into more misery. Other beasts are oil cartels, insurance giants (AIG is one), pharmaceuticals, auto makers, health-care providers, communication (including wireless) companies, and other greedy huge corporations, which through their virtually infinite lobbying power, rule our politicians, and therefore, rule our nation. Unfortunately their only goal is to get richer and richer, and they don't care if that goal only becomes possible through destroying people's jobs, lives, and happiness. Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2011
    A must see documentary. The only thing more amazing than what this film reveals is that nobody takes any notice to what it reveals. A true expose on the corruption in banking and politics that is so well delivered that I'm shocked that it was allowed to be made and released. If this film doesn't want to make you stand up and shout then you need to grow a brain. I'm sorry I'm coming across so strong but I feel the need to emphasize how important it is to open your mind to fact that everything we are being told is wrong! This has to be in my top documentary of all time list. Expand
  12. Aug 5, 2011
    Bail out, the bubble, CDO, subprime mortgage, and whatever whatever... Inside Job is brilliant, tells us the shocking truth behind economic crisis of 2008. Instead broaden our knowledge, the movie itself worth many accolades.
  13. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Movies like this need to keep being made until some real political action is made. I know a lot of this stuff already and it's sad that people in these big corporations are not being held accountable for their actions.
  14. CBZ
    Oct 15, 2011
    A must see for all of those who want to understand the crisis a little better. This doesn't mean everything is exactly how they say it is or that that's all there is to the crisis. Obviously their point of view is skewed but so is everyone else's. Very recommended, it brings up some facts that people might not know, especially who worked where and what laws are they pushing now.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    amazing, shocking, true!

As Former head of a capital market department of a large European bank I totally agree to the statements given. Greed and high-level betting at the cost of taxpayers was clearly the flavor of the 80ies, 90ies and first decade of 2000. Consequences: well, none as everyone made their money.
  16. Jun 18, 2012
    A true-life story about American national corruption and the thieves are still doing business so freely in American society. It raises such disappointment and anger for knowing such cruelties could still be existed legally in the society. In the end, the poor took it all, not the money- but the painful consequences that the rich had created and ignorantly left behind.
  17. Dec 29, 2012
    In September of 2008, we witnessed the collapse of companies, the loss of jobs, and the downfall of the worldwide economy. What we didn

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Feb 14, 2011
    A sharp study of corporate greed for those who felt Michael Moore pulled too many punches.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Dec 14, 2010
    This is a true-life heist movie, and the thieves not only got away with their billions, they're still doing business. Pay attention and blow a gasket.
  3. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Oct 28, 2010
    As a film, Inside Job is polished enough, and fueled by piquant indignation, but it's also often scattershot and meandering.