Insidious: Chapter 2

6.8

1. Sep 24, 2013
    Honestly, I feel like they put a lot of thought into this story, they just weren't amazing at telling it. Some things happened so abruptly that I had to ask my fellow movie goers how they got from one place to the other. There are too many spirits to focus on, that look alike, and I don't know which spirit is possessing who, and who is actually dead in the further, and apparently you canHonestly, I feel like they put a lot of thought into this story, they just weren't amazing at telling it. Some things happened so abruptly that I had to ask my fellow movie goers how they got from one place to the other. There are too many spirits to focus on, that look alike, and I don't know which spirit is possessing who, and who is actually dead in the further, and apparently you can time travel while in the further, and it was just sort of confusing. I feel like they made things up mid story just to make the story tie in and work. The acting on Rose Byrne's part was good, and for a lot of the part I thought Patrick Wilson was decent as a possessed guy... until the end it got kind of cheesy. I've seen this film twice now, and the first time I thought it was scary, the second time not so much, which just goes to show that a lot of the scares are because of the unexpected, rather than because of the unknown and wonder. The horror flicks that mess with your mind are the best kinds, like the Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, etc. This was watchable, for a horror sequel it actually wasn't bad... the music volume has GOT to be lowered though. Good lord. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2013
    This film was as good as the first. Horror films lately to me haven't been putting me on the edge of my seat. It seems that all horror comes down to nowadays is around 2 scares out of it. Nothing felt original in this movie and more or less felt like a remake with scares from the first one. Even the order of events were the same, "scares", arguments, "more scares", arguments, getThis film was as good as the first. Horror films lately to me haven't been putting me on the edge of my seat. It seems that all horror comes down to nowadays is around 2 scares out of it. Nothing felt original in this movie and more or less felt like a remake with scares from the first one. Even the order of events were the same, "scares", arguments, "more scares", arguments, get professionals, more and more "scares", into dream, and more "scares", end. And these scares we've seen way too many times in horror movies and it's time to grow up and think of something new. People around me and my friends were jumping out of their seats and I'm sitting leaning on my hand like "Really?" If you scare easily and are a novice to horror movies, I guess you'll get the experience more than I did. But if you're not scared from dark corners and jump scares, which was basically what this movie was like, then I suggest giving it a miss. People will disagree and say the build up in music tenses you. Sure for the first time it happened, not for the 10th time in a row. This feature felt as though it was getting shoved down my throat and I'm getting bored of it. This movie did have a few chuckle moments in it even though they were quite funny. I was honestly hoping it to be a good scare and not be able to sleep last night, but I slept absolutely no bother. Also, at the beginning it shows Elise when she was younger and they dubbed her voice in with the actress that plays her. It was a really lame part of the movie in my opinion. Although, the good things I can say about the movie was that the ending was good and the acting was very believing.

Good Points:

+Good acting
    +Better story than the first
    +Thumbs up to the make-up and props

Bad Points:
    -Barely frightened or scared me
    -Too predicable
    -Dubbed over voice of Elise
    -Brought nothing new to the horror genre
    -Jump scares are not scary
    -Followed the same timeline of events as the first one

To me, this a miss. For novice horror movie fans, go ahead you'll probably get a scare. But tough horror movie fans like me, you'll find yourself being more entertained by watching novices themselves.

5/10.
  3. Sep 14, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying that I am not a fan of scary movies. Jump scare scenes freak the crap out of me, but I managed to make it through Chapter 2, without peeing myself. That's both a good and bad thing, clean boxers, but a sub-par movie. Not seeing the first installment, I can tell you that the movie made full sense to me, and others in the same scenario. The film managed toLet me just start off by saying that I am not a fan of scary movies. Jump scare scenes freak the crap out of me, but I managed to make it through Chapter 2, without peeing myself. That's both a good and bad thing, clean boxers, but a sub-par movie. Not seeing the first installment, I can tell you that the movie made full sense to me, and others in the same scenario. The film managed to switch between present, past, and future, which made for a touch I usually don't see in movies, especially without a lot of plot.

I felt more like I was watching the cast walk through a haunted house, then a scary movie. Let’s be honest here, when you see a house in a scary movie, it looks nothing like a “real” home, especially for a family. The acting in the film was absolutely terrible, and it was more funny then scary, because you could tell the cast was "trying" on screen. It also did not help that the script lacked creativity too. Most scenes had a false sense of urgency, which made the characters show fake emotions. All of these factors added together, made for an extremely predictable, overhyped movie.

Along with the acting was the same exact song track that would start every time like 10 seconds before a jump scare, so it was obvious to be ready for someone popping out of something. The scary part for me was the editing flaw. I would see a metronome, or a plant in one scene and a minute later when they would cut back it would be gone, or a Macbook Pro sitting next to an old tube TV, and film camera. It reminded me of a Paranormal Activity, more then as if it was its own film series. Picture two for example, was already done in Paranormal Activity 3, and the main actress (Rose Byrne) reminded me of Julie (Lauren Bittner in Paranormal Activity 3), all the way down to the hairstyle.

(SPOILER) What no film critics seem to be talking about in their reviews was how main character Parker Crane as a child was a reluctant transvestite. Portrayed as a little girl in aspects of the film, he ends up pulling a wig of his head. His room filled with girly items, later reveals that his mom (picture one) wanted a girl named Marilyn. (END SPOILER)

After discussing with others who have now seen both films, many were disappointed with the lower amount of scary scenes shown. I think they wanted to make it more about the family in this film, and (LITTLE MINOR USELESS SPOILER) as all scary movies do; we were left with something to think about, obviously letting us know of a Chapter 3.

Basically, if you are a fan of the Insidious', then go see Chapter 2. Other than that, it was a crap movie, with a bad script, terrible acting, and predictable scenes. Definitely save your $9.50 on this one and borrow the DVD from your friend in a few months, when you’re looking for a scary movie to watch a year from now.
  4. Dec 27, 2013
    It doesn't live up to James Wan's previous works like The Conjuring or the first Insidious, but it still manages to provide a somewhat entertaining experience even though it does lack fear. The music and atmosphere are still creepy, but the film ends up relying too much on lame jump scares that failed to elicit any sort of reaction. The film also ends up being intentionally funny at times.It doesn't live up to James Wan's previous works like The Conjuring or the first Insidious, but it still manages to provide a somewhat entertaining experience even though it does lack fear. The music and atmosphere are still creepy, but the film ends up relying too much on lame jump scares that failed to elicit any sort of reaction. The film also ends up being intentionally funny at times. All of these flaws really should have killed this sequel for me, but there's something about this film that did keep me thoroughly entertained throughout.

I really enjoyed the continuation of the original film's plot and I liked how it added more details as to what was going on, even if not everything is as well explained as I would have liked. This movie ends up feeling refreshingly self aware, using it's goofier characters to its advantage. I was never scared but I found myself enjoying the film despite that. It's kind of like a haunted house at a carnival or something. You go into it with a couple of friends and end up having a blast and getting more than a few good laughs at just how not scary the whole things is.

I ended up enjoying this throwaway sequel to one of my favorite horror movies just because it was a sequels to one of my favorite horror movies. If you liked the original then you should like this one for the same reason I did. It might be throwaway and lacking in any sort of scary moments, but if enjoyed the first then you should give this one a look. However if you didn't watch the first then this isn't for you, as you'll probably just view it as another one of those lame, non-scary horror movies that just end up being a waste of time, rather than the goofy, thrill-ride continuation of the first movie that it is.
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    There is something more frightening than any curse or apparition that resides in movies; it is the blight of terrible sequel, and Insidious: Chapter 2 is haunted by it. Audience would come and expect the same terror from the original, but sadly will only find inferior version of it, a formulaic possession horror flick with little charm and plenty of high pitch noises. To its credit, itThere is something more frightening than any curse or apparition that resides in movies; it is the blight of terrible sequel, and Insidious: Chapter 2 is haunted by it. Audience would come and expect the same terror from the original, but sadly will only find inferior version of it, a formulaic possession horror flick with little charm and plenty of high pitch noises. To its credit, it does bring some good acting and direction. The script also works as a continuation, but perhaps because the mystery has dwindled; it only manages to be an average horror without the same chill its predecessor has.

Story follows the events of Insidious where Josh Lambert (Patrick Wilson) returned with his son from the Further, an astral realm. However, an entity is believed to be latching onto him as the clairvoyance Elise Ranier (Lin Shaye) is found dead near him. His family grows restless from the apparent continuous haunting and ultimately tries to solve the problem despite the grim obstacles ahead. The plot is rather bland, there's simply a lack of tension as the terrorizing entity is somewhat predictable and plastic.

Patrick Wilson delivers a good performance, he displays more variety of emotions to establish the dread. In some scenes he gives off cold enigmatic feel to puzzle the audience. Returning cast reprise their roles, Ross Bryne as Renai Lambert does a fine job, although her display of motherly concern at the first title was slightly better. The two ghost hunters are back, this time for more comedy relief than anything. There are probably too many humorous scenes, some are unintentional, in this sequel.

Its use of music is cringe-worthy, in fact even with only the sound, it'd be quite terrifying. The scares don't have the same weight though, as they are reduced to simple bursts rather than real frightful ones. James Wan's camera angle is great; he casually makes the viewers think there might be more in scenes than there really are, especially with a hint of contrasting color, shadowy background or some objects in outer peripheral vision.

The movie does poorly when the mystic of its entities is unveiled. Getting into fisticuffs with ghosts diminish the atmosphere since they seem unreal, part of me inadvertently immediately knew it's just make-up and sound effect put together for an illusion. Take away the jarring build up, replace it with mediocre possession scheme, even if the directing is well done, and you'll have a subpar sequel. It still performs its scare tricks decently, so at the very least it'll make you flinch a couple of times.
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    The original "Insidious" on its own terms works well enough, but its repetitive, unimaginative sequel clearly verifies that director James Wan is overextending in the name of continuing a franchise. "Insidious: Chapter 2" isn't a total disaster, but it is a disappointment when compared to the first installment, and Wan's most recent success with "The Conjuring" (2013). Despite some cleverThe original "Insidious" on its own terms works well enough, but its repetitive, unimaginative sequel clearly verifies that director James Wan is overextending in the name of continuing a franchise. "Insidious: Chapter 2" isn't a total disaster, but it is a disappointment when compared to the first installment, and Wan's most recent success with "The Conjuring" (2013). Despite some clever plotting, interweaving the film's second half with events from the original, it simply lacks tension and falls short on scares.

The opening prologue set almost 30 years prior, gives us a shadowy realm called the Further. In this place, the souls of the dead who refuse to accept their fate, and wander around searching for a way to reconnect with the real world. Following the prologue, events pick up right where the first movie ended. Josh (Patrick Wilson) has just rescued son Dalton (Ty Simpkins), whose spirit form had traveled away from his physical body, and is now trapped in a dimension not meant for the living. In their return to the real world, however, the same spectral presence that terrorized Josh as a child an old lady wearing a black veil in a wedding dress, has followed him back.

With the present-day Elise (Lin Shaye) found strangled to death, Renai (Rose Byrne) cannot curb her intuition that husband Josh might have had something to do with it. She trusts him and doesn't believe he'd be capable of murder, but when she looks into his eyes she no longer recognizes the man she married. As forensic sends away tests on fingerprints, the Lambert family go to stay with Lorraine (Barbara Hershey), hoping the worst is behind them.

What made the first film creepy and chilling is now all familiar material, and the addition of a back story infused with some artificial conflict isn't nearly enough to compensate for its lack of suspense. The storyline lacks structure leaving the movie noticeably uneven, and the plot ultimately becomes tiresome and convoluted. The ending is your typical, predictable sequel conclusion to keep the franchise going after Wan's exit. Inevitably, "Insidious 3" is only a matter of time, and it will continue to stretch a story that doesn't have much else to say.
  7. Nov 1, 2013
    What a disappointment. This is one of those films that focus more on storytelling than actually making it enjoyable. Unlike the first film, almost all scares were predictable, it wasn't creepy, it wasn't that suspenseful, and it had only ONE effective scare. I can't believe I wasted $16.00 to contribute to its box office money.
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    obviously no where near as good as the first one but it wasn't that bad, the friend I was with, really enjoyed it, I wasn't so impressed. felt as though the writers were trying to fit so much in when it simply wasn't possible. don't make another
  9. Aug 24, 2015
    Insidious (1) had a unique premise mixed with some established horror scenarios. For the most part atmosphere was great and the characters were well created, written and acted. I didn't feel the film needed a sequel or sequels, but I watched Insidious Chapter 2 out of curiosity.

The opening scene was interesting and set up parts of the origin story and continued where the first film left off.. however it then immediately fell flat after the opening credits. The wife's character suddenly went from being a strong but terrified woman out of control and scared for her family with knowledge of something horrible from the first film's last scene, to a weak and pointless character that seems to have forgotten anything she learned from the first film and simply became a plot device babysitter while all the other adults were busy.

Patrick Wilson's character turned into a cliché bad guy that had none of the threat or complexity the first film had set up, and the children, as like the first film were mostly plot devices that really serve little purpose than to offer a couple of jump scares.

The main characters of this film are really the supernatural detectives and even they don't seem as well written or as interesting as they were in the first film. I actually found the entire first hour of the film (post credits) extremely mundane and boring, with the film only becoming interesting again after that hour mark, wherein it establishes more of the origin story and then proceeds to offer some interesting and memorable scenes that really don't justify the film's existence.

For some reason handycam footage is inter-cut into parts of the film, and atmosphere is really fairly weak in the movie, relying much more on jump scares this time round than in the previous 'chapter'.

I feel like this movie could've been more if it had had more time spent on the writing and didn't tread on the toes of the original film so much (there really is very little new in this film). The best parts of this film where when it directly intercut with the original film, as suddenly you understand a bit more of what's going on in the mysterious scenes of that movie, but personally I like mystery and would've been happy never seeing this sequel.

Personally I'd recommend against watching this film unless you really don't mind redundant sequels, and look out for the cup-and-string scene on youtube somewhere, as that really was the only original thing I saw in this film.
  10. Oct 21, 2013
    Well definitely entertaining, maybe in the wrong categories a few times. Acting is still good, creepy is somewhat still there in like the first half. The story is interesting, the directing is perfect. I don't know it just didn't make me jump more then 2 times. Hell that's still 2 more times then The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity (1-2-3-4). See it with your friends or 3+ people for aWell definitely entertaining, maybe in the wrong categories a few times. Acting is still good, creepy is somewhat still there in like the first half. The story is interesting, the directing is perfect. I don't know it just didn't make me jump more then 2 times. Hell that's still 2 more times then The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity (1-2-3-4). See it with your friends or 3+ people for a good times, other then that, it's not the best. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    Insidious Chapter 2 is a solid follow up to it's predecessor the 2010 low budget but highly successful film, Insidious. It might be not as good as the first one, but it was up to the creep level and style of the first, with low budget considered to other horror movies, James Wan shows us what he can do with such budget, he knows where to spend money, considering that he spent a little bitInsidious Chapter 2 is a solid follow up to it's predecessor the 2010 low budget but highly successful film, Insidious. It might be not as good as the first one, but it was up to the creep level and style of the first, with low budget considered to other horror movies, James Wan shows us what he can do with such budget, he knows where to spend money, considering that he spent a little bit more on this film. Insidious Chapter 2 has that 90's vibe to it although it is original, with SOME ideas never used before, but still there is some cliched stuff and predictable jump scares, but what is funny that you know it is coming and you know what will scare you but you still jump. The acting is good, the tension is solid at times, the effects are really good, but at most of the time it falls apart, and somehow it becomes dull and predictable. Is it better than recents (The Conjuring, You're Next)? NO. Is it worth checking it out in theaters? For the scare yes. Is it worth checking at all? if you are fan of the first one, if not I recommend The Conjuring, which is ten times better and scarier, it received an R rating for just being scary for God's Sake! Expand
  12. Sep 19, 2013
    Other than a few decent creepy moments, I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one but I found I enjoyed this one. Although the film is one giant collection of unimaginative, cheap "jump" scares, this sequel is spooky as James Wan crafted a very creepy and unsettling atmosphere with the film. This one also worked in the comedy element better than the previous one (last time I felt theOther than a few decent creepy moments, I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one but I found I enjoyed this one. Although the film is one giant collection of unimaginative, cheap "jump" scares, this sequel is spooky as James Wan crafted a very creepy and unsettling atmosphere with the film. This one also worked in the comedy element better than the previous one (last time I felt the comic relief was grating and out of place) and the story is very good...I especially enjoyed how creatively it connected the two films. While it's not the best horror film out there, it still is far superior than most horror films released. Expand
  13. Sep 20, 2013
    I really hate to say it, but this movie was so disappointing. I expected the same, if not more of the same type of scares I got from Insidious. The acting was a bit turgid most of the plot was sort of cheesy. The scare sequences are predictable and boring. However, I do admire the fact that it was made under a small budget and became so successful commercially. I also admire the fact thatI really hate to say it, but this movie was so disappointing. I expected the same, if not more of the same type of scares I got from Insidious. The acting was a bit turgid most of the plot was sort of cheesy. The scare sequences are predictable and boring. However, I do admire the fact that it was made under a small budget and became so successful commercially. I also admire the fact that the crew shot the movie sort of like an homage to 1970's and 1980's horror films, camera wise. The music is also spine tingling. But other than that, it's just a disappointment. I'm sorry to be so harsh but it wasn't what I thought it would be. I felt like I was in the theatre like 4 hours because of how long and drawn out it was. Expand
  14. Apr 13, 2014
    Wan's second chapter to the 2010 horror hit film Insidious is disappointingly less scary, less intense, and loosely-scripted. The story here is confusing and incoherent -- you don't exactly know who is the real antagonist ghost here. A bad sequel but still acceptable.
  15. Feb 18, 2014
    It lacks scares and falls short of the first movie but otherwise, Insidious: Chapter 2 delivers a solid narrative and good acting to compensate for it.
  16. Jun 5, 2015
    This film was so much less than the first film, not as creepy an atmosphere, unnecessary comic relief that felt so campy and badly executed. The story was wrapped in a rather cool fashion but some things were still kind of unexplained, along with plot conveniences making a frustrating watch. It's still kind of enjoyable but far more like a typical jumpscare fest film. Missable.
  17. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The trailer makes it look good with all the horrific parts, but once that trailer's over, you won't jump at any parts of the movie for you've already seen all of the jumpy parts in the trailer. In other words, it was boring.
  18. Nov 10, 2014
  19. Jan 11, 2015
    Summary: Insidious: Chapter 2 delivers a few decent scares in its first act, but unfortunately the rest of the film is a strangely awful comedy. 40/100 [C-]

Insidious: Chapter 2 is directed by James Wan. It was one of my most anticipated horror films of 2013. Wan impressed me so much with The Conjuring, it was memorable, thrilling and well written. Unfortunately, Insidious: Chapter 2 is exactly the opposite, the script is filled with annoying and unfunny jokes, the direction is lazy, the production is cheap and some situations are extremely surrealistic. The opening scene and the first act are quite enjoyable, but there's a horrible lack of suspense and the scares are not so effective. I just can't believe that Wan directed this one, he forgot the most important thing in a horror film... the suspense! A horror film without suspense is utter crap.

The first act contains two or probably three extremely creepy moments, but seriously, the rest of the film is a stupid comedy, and it's so rare compared to Wan's previous work. Also, it has an intentionally funny script, the dialog was so cheesy and overcooked. Chapter two is a failed amateurish experiment by Wan and screenwriter Leigh Whannell, it's a joke. It is definitely one of the worst films I've seen at the theater so far. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some scenes during the first act, but the rest of the movie is just a strange, awkward comedy, literally. I really don't recommend it, maybe two or three moments are worth watching on YouTube or HBO, don't waste your money in this.

I'm a huge fan of the first Insidious, it was amazing, even though I had some issues with its final act, it was a solid horror flick with a well handled suspense. On the other hand, chapter two lacks of scares and is short on suspense. Well, at least, the performances are still fine, Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne are awesome as always and the young actors are excellent too. Chapter two boasts an original story and I'm glad that it delivers some fresh ideas to the horror genre, but its execution could have been better and the script could have less unfunny jokes. Moving on, it has a good camera work, Wan gives us some creepy shots, and at times it looks like a James Wan film! But that's not enough.

I'm really concerned about this movie, chapter two is a strange flick, I'm not even sure of what it is, maybe an awful mix of genres, such as: comedy and psychological horror. Whatever, it sucks. As I said above, yeah, the plot of the film is quite original, but it doesn't offer enough scares nor entertainment. I really want my money back, this was a truly awful flick. I don't even recommend it for fans of the first Insidious starving for horror, because chapter two is literally a comedy film, a very bad one. The trailer is amazing and scary, but unfortunately all the scenes in the trailer are the best parts in the movie and that's it. In conclusion, chapter two is well acted but it delivers more laughs than scares. [C-]
  20. May 23, 2015
    My only issue with “Chapter 2” is the almost grandiose persona that seems to shadow the nature of this family’s tale. At times the context and explanatory content seems a bit forced and over-exaggerated even for a fictional film setting. Even in fantasy and fiction the story needs to carry a bit of believability and realism. You need to think that this could actually happen to someoneMy only issue with “Chapter 2” is the almost grandiose persona that seems to shadow the nature of this family’s tale. At times the context and explanatory content seems a bit forced and over-exaggerated even for a fictional film setting. Even in fantasy and fiction the story needs to carry a bit of believability and realism. You need to think that this could actually happen to someone (given that you believe in hauntings and a supernatural presence in the world). Yet at times “Insidious Chapter 2” comes off more like those stories that get bigger the longer they are shared among peers, like going to a “haunted cemetery” and a sound becomes a presence, becomes an attack and before long someone became possessed and so on…That is how much of “Insidious Chapter 2” came off to me personally.

The effects and suspenseful thrills in the film are pretty effective. At times the shock value aspects worked perfectly with the sound effects to actually make me jump. There some definite creep elements to this film that manage to pull you into the terrifying even though “Chapter 2” carries an obvious overproduced quality. Unfortunately there are times when you should fill spooked or the film tries for an intense chilling moment, it all just falls flat. Over all “Insidious Chapter 2” works at carrying this nightmare to the next stage and works in creating a sort of mythos for this supernatural concept. It will scare enough for some fun moments, but it doesn’t go far enough to allow for replays of the movie that are just as thrilling as watching it for the first time. So really “Insidious Chapter 2” is one of those 50/50 films where it is cool if you like it and it is worth owning if ghost stories do it for you but if you choose to skip it then that is just fine too. I am definitely on the fence about this one. I will buy the DVD because I own the first film but not sure if it will be in rotation during my Halloween ghost story binge because it does walk the thin line between hokey and entertaining.
  21. Jun 25, 2015
    I should start by saying that I was not the hugest fan of Insidious to begin with although I did find it better than average and decent, just not great. The sequel however is the epitome of why most sequels do not work, Insidious 2 is just a mess. First strike is that this movie cannot stand on its own, viewing of the first Insidious is absolutely required if you are to understand the plotI should start by saying that I was not the hugest fan of Insidious to begin with although I did find it better than average and decent, just not great. The sequel however is the epitome of why most sequels do not work, Insidious 2 is just a mess. First strike is that this movie cannot stand on its own, viewing of the first Insidious is absolutely required if you are to understand the plot or care about any of the characters. Insidious 2 starts where the first left off only the characters are not familiar in the sense that this franchise is beloved or well known so that when we start here, even if you have seen the first, you just do not care about anyone in this film...child, women or otherwise. I think the creator is banking on fanboy success in that you are already familiar with all of the characters and thus interested in their progression. Even then, the characters here are wire thin as far as development goes...I will say that the actors portraying the young versions of the primary cast in flashback scenes were marvellous. It is obvious there is a lot of love here, as far as the making of, but it is too much to ask of the audience to be equally enthusiastic about this franchise as the creators are.

On paper everything is decent, solid acting, direction and script ... but as I mentioned only if you either JUST finished the first Insidious or are a huge fan of the first Insidious....otherwise this movie comes across as just a mess of stuff happening to characters you do not care about.

1. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Sep 30, 2013
    At the start of Insidious 2, a young woman opens her mouth to speak and someone else’s voice comes out of her. Demonic possession? Nope, just some inexplicable dubbing to kick off this clunker of a horror sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: Jesse Hassenger
    Sep 19, 2013
    The techniques of the movie, then, are sound. Wan still moves his camera and composes his shots with a patience that belies his dank Saw origins. But the cinematography isn’t as virtuosic this time around.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Sep 17, 2013
    Insidious Chapter 2 picks up where its predecessor left off-- in abject silliness.