6.9

1. Nov 23, 2014
    Insidious: Chapter 2 es una película con un argumento interesante que explora conceptos poco usados en el cine y los convierte en una buena película de terror.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    It lacks scares and falls short of the first movie but otherwise, Insidious: Chapter 2 delivers a solid narrative and good acting to compensate for it.
  3. Nov 1, 2014
    This was a lot different than the first Insidious, but I liked it. The atmosphere was there as well as the creepy cinematography. The story was more interesting in the second chapter than the first; however, I felt the first chapter was scarier. This one does have its moments, though. i also really loved how it tied in with the first one. I wasn't expected that at all. Chapter 2 didn't wowThis was a lot different than the first Insidious, but I liked it. The atmosphere was there as well as the creepy cinematography. The story was more interesting in the second chapter than the first; however, I felt the first chapter was scarier. This one does have its moments, though. i also really loved how it tied in with the first one. I wasn't expected that at all. Chapter 2 didn't wow me like Chapter 1 did, but I still enjoyed it, Expand
  4. Aug 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. James Wan and Leigh Whannell's story picks up right at the end of the first film. puts you right back into the thrilling action, with the same atmosphere and feel, they both write more in depth on the same characters and how they stretch this Further aspect, I love it!!! Again the cinematographers and editors are amazing. Specs and Tucker are my new favourite characters... also like the back story on Parker Crane. Expand
  5. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The trailer makes it look good with all the horrific parts, but once that trailer's over, you won't jump at any parts of the movie for you've already seen all of the jumpy parts in the trailer. In other words, it was boring.
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    First of all, I DARE YOU TO WATCH THIS FILM BY YOURSELF IN THE DARK!!! Survive that and your critique would be taken seriously. lol. Whoever said that this movie is a disappointment, cannot deny experiencing some flinch-in-fear moments, that they aren't proud of. lol. C'mon you've gotta admit that this film was pretty good, as far as scary movies go. I mean, if you search for the topFirst of all, I DARE YOU TO WATCH THIS FILM BY YOURSELF IN THE DARK!!! Survive that and your critique would be taken seriously. lol. Whoever said that this movie is a disappointment, cannot deny experiencing some flinch-in-fear moments, that they aren't proud of. lol. C'mon you've gotta admit that this film was pretty good, as far as scary movies go. I mean, if you search for the top scariest movies, you'll come across old "not really scary anymore" scary films with bad special effects. Expand
  7. Apr 29, 2014
    After spending 105 minutes with this film, I can honestly say I have no idea what was achieved. Too dull and predictable to take seriously and guilty of plagiarising from not only the first instalment but every competent horror film made since Psycho. It's worst crime however is adversely affecting how we see the first film which was far superior. Yet, despite it's incompetence, Mr Wan hasAfter spending 105 minutes with this film, I can honestly say I have no idea what was achieved. Too dull and predictable to take seriously and guilty of plagiarising from not only the first instalment but every competent horror film made since Psycho. It's worst crime however is adversely affecting how we see the first film which was far superior. Yet, despite it's incompetence, Mr Wan has the audacity to end by setting up Chapter 3, we can only hope for a short book. Expand
  8. Apr 13, 2014
    Wan's second chapter to the 2010 horror hit film Insidious is disappointingly less scary, less intense, and loosely-scripted. The story here is confusing and incoherent -- you don't exactly know who is the real antagonist ghost here. A bad sequel but still acceptable.
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    It's a good film but the scares are not quite there with this one. It falls behind the first movie but only just. If you like the first film and want more, you'll get exactly what it says on the tin.
  10. Mar 18, 2014
    A less scary but a well pulled off sequel to one of the best horror movies of the decayed. A expansion in a rich story, excellent script and a all round out standing performance. Something not so easily pulled off in horror movie sequels. Worth your time and money can't wait for another!
  11. Mar 6, 2014
    this is the most dumb thing that they could ever do make a another insidious . i thought the sequel what stepped up a a little bitt but it is not that fun . i hope they end insidous 3
  12. Feb 18, 2014
  13. Feb 11, 2014
    Insidious: Chapter 2 is a direct follow up to the first one. If you haven't seen the first I strongly recommend you see the first before you watch this one. Insidious 2 follows up directly after the end of the first movie. It starts with same tone the first one ended with so I was instantly intrigued by it. I am also a massive fan of the first one so my expectations were pretty high goingInsidious: Chapter 2 is a direct follow up to the first one. If you haven't seen the first I strongly recommend you see the first before you watch this one. Insidious 2 follows up directly after the end of the first movie. It starts with same tone the first one ended with so I was instantly intrigued by it. I am also a massive fan of the first one so my expectations were pretty high going in. I was not disappointed with this at all. This was a very similar style to the original and still had all the elements that made the first one so ground-breaking. For a horror movie, the story is incredibly interesting, something the first movie didn't quite have. It was directed by James Wan, who is now an established director, especially for horror with movies like The Conjuring, Saw and Insidious. James Wan is fantastic at building suspense and using it at the right times to scare the audience. The performances are great in the film as well, especially from Patrick Wilson . His performance in certain parts of the movie reminded me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Rose Byrne was also pretty decent but this was Patrick Wilson's movie. I also really liked the way James Wan films his scares and suspense scenes. His style is very unique and extremely effective. He uses a lot of make-up and practical effects rather than CGI which I enjoyed as well.
    Final Score
    Acting-7/10-- Patrick Wilson is really good, but it is a horror movie so nothing major
    Practical Effects-8.25/10-- Make up in the movie was really good
    Script--7.75/10--The script is very clever and doesn't follow typical horror movie formulae.
    Overall Score
    Insidious:Chapter 2--7.7/10-- A very solid horror movie, especially for a sequel can't wait for a third instalment.
  14. Feb 10, 2014
    One of the best horror sequels, if not the best horror sequel ever and one of the main reasons for that is because unlike most horror sequels it is original and scary.
    Another good thing about this film is that it ropes you in at the beginning by picking up from were the first one left off and throughout the film it explains a lot about the first one, for example it explains why the ghostly old woman decided to haunt Josh.
    Like the first one this film focuses on the Lambert family, who are now trying to find out who or what killed Elise (Lin Shaye.) And they also soon find out that the ghosts that were haunting them in the first film aren't done with them yet.
    But even though at first the film builds up suspense and gets more scary at a very fast pace, towards the last half hourthe film goes a bit downhill and tries to focus more on action than on horror, which I thought wasn't a very good idea. Another bad thing about the last half hour is that at times it got a bit confusing and a bit hard to follow.
    I think my favourite part in the film is when Lorraine (Barbara Hershey), Specs (Leigh Whannell), Tucker (Angus Sampson) and Elise's friend, Carl (Steve Coulter) are trying to find out more about the old woman thatis haunting Josh and they go to her old address where she lived when she was a child. I like this scene because it keeps you on the edge of your seat with a mixture of action, horror and suspense. I thought it was particularly suspense-filled in one bit were Specs and Tucker find a mysterious little girl in one of the bedrooms.
    I would recommend this film to people who liked the first Insidious and to people who like horrors that will make you jump out of your skin. And I would give this film an 8 out of 10. And if you asked me to choose between Insidious and Insidious 2, I don't think I would be able to choose, they're both as good as eachother.
  15. Jan 15, 2014
    This movie like the other one isn't scare at all, sometimes is ridiculous, the story just like the other one doesn't make sense sometimes, it has the same mistakes than the other one, if you doesn't like the other one do not expect that one to be better...
  16. Jan 5, 2014
    Insidious: Chapter 2, fue creada en una época donde las películas de terror son una verdadera porquería y no se toman en serio, es por esta misma razón y por muchas otras como por ejemplo, un buen argumento e interesantes giros de trama, momentos de suspenso que tortura la mente del espectador para esperar lo menos esperado y muchas escenas perturbadoras que producirán a los que no estánInsidious: Chapter 2, fue creada en una época donde las películas de terror son una verdadera porquería y no se toman en serio, es por esta misma razón y por muchas otras como por ejemplo, un buen argumento e interesantes giros de trama, momentos de suspenso que tortura la mente del espectador para esperar lo menos esperado y muchas escenas perturbadoras que producirán a los que no están acostumbrados a este tipo de películas, varios sustos incontrolables. Si se hubieran esforzado un poco más en la distribución y desarrollo de personajes, la película quedaría espléndida, pero, por ahora me gustó aún más que la primera parte, y algunas de sus escenas te perseguirán hasta lo más profundo de la noche cuando estés durmiendo. Expand
  17. Dec 27, 2013
    It doesn't live up to James Wan's previous works like The Conjuring or the first Insidious, but it still manages to provide a somewhat entertaining experience even though it does lack fear. The music and atmosphere are still creepy, but the film ends up relying too much on lame jump scares that failed to elicit any sort of reaction. The film also ends up being intentionally funny at times.It doesn't live up to James Wan's previous works like The Conjuring or the first Insidious, but it still manages to provide a somewhat entertaining experience even though it does lack fear. The music and atmosphere are still creepy, but the film ends up relying too much on lame jump scares that failed to elicit any sort of reaction. The film also ends up being intentionally funny at times. All of these flaws really should have killed this sequel for me, but there's something about this film that did keep me thoroughly entertained throughout.

I really enjoyed the continuation of the original film's plot and I liked how it added more details as to what was going on, even if not everything is as well explained as I would have liked. This movie ends up feeling refreshingly self aware, using it's goofier characters to its advantage. I was never scared but I found myself enjoying the film despite that. It's kind of like a haunted house at a carnival or something. You go into it with a couple of friends and end up having a blast and getting more than a few good laughs at just how not scary the whole things is.

I ended up enjoying this throwaway sequel to one of my favorite horror movies just because it was a sequels to one of my favorite horror movies. If you liked the original then you should like this one for the same reason I did. It might be throwaway and lacking in any sort of scary moments, but if enjoyed the first then you should give this one a look. However if you didn't watch the first then this isn't for you, as you'll probably just view it as another one of those lame, non-scary horror movies that just end up being a waste of time, rather than the goofy, thrill-ride continuation of the first movie that it is.
  18. Dec 20, 2013
    A satisfying horror sequel from the director of 'Saw'. As a second installment to 'Insidious', it went deeper into the behind story of a character of the movie. Yeah, the first one was told about a boy's special talent astral projection where he can travel to another world in his sleep. I considered that was the movie's advantage but comparing to this, they just implemented the same ideaA satisfying horror sequel from the director of 'Saw'. As a second installment to 'Insidious', it went deeper into the behind story of a character of the movie. Yeah, the first one was told about a boy's special talent astral projection where he can travel to another world in his sleep. I considered that was the movie's advantage but comparing to this, they just implemented the same idea with neglecting the boy. In this movie it describes more about the father's perspective of the story without held back the much required secret for the twist at the end.

It opens with a story that set in 1986 where Josh as a kid is haunted by the souls of dead. Soon the story commence on present time where the Lambert family begins to feel again the presence of evil forces in their house. A team of spiritual medium begins their part to expose and free the family from dark forces. I thought the spiritual medium characters Elise and Carl is imitating the dwarf woman and an Indian characters from 'Poltergeist' movie series. I can say director was a clever, he just put away the usual ingredients of the horror genre and added different flavours like time travel and psychology.

For adults, most of the horror movies won't scary but watching during night will give more effective. So it a such movie you should try at a dark time for your own advantage to extract from it a better entertainment. I liked the first movie and this one is not far behind with the quality that all horror movie must have. So felt it is a decent follow up with a flashback story.
  19. Dec 15, 2013
    Liked the original but thought this film was just a recycling that was no where near as good. Incredibly boring, Not scary, and rather predictable. Would not recommend.
  20. Nov 8, 2013
    Insidious Chapter 2 is a solid follow up to it's predecessor the 2010 low budget but highly successful film, Insidious. It might be not as good as the first one, but it was up to the creep level and style of the first, with low budget considered to other horror movies, James Wan shows us what he can do with such budget, he knows where to spend money, considering that he spent a little bitInsidious Chapter 2 is a solid follow up to it's predecessor the 2010 low budget but highly successful film, Insidious. It might be not as good as the first one, but it was up to the creep level and style of the first, with low budget considered to other horror movies, James Wan shows us what he can do with such budget, he knows where to spend money, considering that he spent a little bit more on this film. Insidious Chapter 2 has that 90's vibe to it although it is original, with SOME ideas never used before, but still there is some cliched stuff and predictable jump scares, but what is funny that you know it is coming and you know what will scare you but you still jump. The acting is good, the tension is solid at times, the effects are really good, but at most of the time it falls apart, and somehow it becomes dull and predictable. Is it better than recents (The Conjuring, You're Next)? NO. Is it worth checking it out in theaters? For the scare yes. Is it worth checking at all? if you are fan of the first one, if not I recommend The Conjuring, which is ten times better and scarier, it received an R rating for just being scary for God's Sake! Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2013
    Insidious 2 may not be as memorable, good or as scary as its fantastic predecessor, but it certainly is an intense, funny and at times surprising thrill-ride filled with beautifully spooky set-pieces and fantastic sound-design. Though at times not feeling like an Insidious film, it is still a faithful sequel albeit not on par.
  22. Nov 1, 2013
    What a disappointment. This is one of those films that focus more on storytelling than actually making it enjoyable. Unlike the first film, almost all scares were predictable, it wasn't creepy, it wasn't that suspenseful, and it had only ONE effective scare. I can't believe I wasted $16.00 to contribute to its box office money.
  23. Oct 29, 2013
    I was hoping this would be better, and creepier then the first movie but sadly it wasn't barely anything was creepy and it relied too much on jump scares. But I do like how they explained what happened in the first movie, and the beginning of this one and I loved Patrick Wilson's acting it reminded me of Jack Nicklaus from the Shining.
  24. Oct 23, 2013
    James Wan shows us an amazing sequel! Insisdious: chapter 2 was an excellent movie, full of scares and ghosts, I really enjoyed this film. It was better than the first one more action suspense and horror/humor :P
  25. Oct 21, 2013
    Well definitely entertaining, maybe in the wrong categories a few times. Acting is still good, creepy is somewhat still there in like the first half. The story is interesting, the directing is perfect. I don't know it just didn't make me jump more then 2 times. Hell that's still 2 more times then The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity (1-2-3-4). See it with your friends or 3+ people for aWell definitely entertaining, maybe in the wrong categories a few times. Acting is still good, creepy is somewhat still there in like the first half. The story is interesting, the directing is perfect. I don't know it just didn't make me jump more then 2 times. Hell that's still 2 more times then The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity (1-2-3-4). See it with your friends or 3+ people for a good times, other then that, it's not the best. Expand
  26. Oct 13, 2013
    Very stupid, tedious and generally nonsensical movie. Every screamer and "scary moment" are predictable and those make you rather laugh, than scare. I regret watching this and advise to avoid as plague.
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    obviously no where near as good as the first one but it wasn't that bad, the friend I was with, really enjoyed it, I wasn't so impressed. felt as though the writers were trying to fit so much in when it simply wasn't possible. don't make another
  28. Sep 30, 2013
    There is something more frightening than any curse or apparition that resides in movies; it is the blight of terrible sequel, and Insidious: Chapter 2 is haunted by it. Audience would come and expect the same terror from the original, but sadly will only find inferior version of it, a formulaic possession horror flick with little charm and plenty of high pitch noises. To its credit, itThere is something more frightening than any curse or apparition that resides in movies; it is the blight of terrible sequel, and Insidious: Chapter 2 is haunted by it. Audience would come and expect the same terror from the original, but sadly will only find inferior version of it, a formulaic possession horror flick with little charm and plenty of high pitch noises. To its credit, it does bring some good acting and direction. The script also works as a continuation, but perhaps because the mystery has dwindled; it only manages to be an average horror without the same chill its predecessor has.

Story follows the events of Insidious where Josh Lambert (Patrick Wilson) returned with his son from the Further, an astral realm. However, an entity is believed to be latching onto him as the clairvoyance Elise Ranier (Lin Shaye) is found dead near him. His family grows restless from the apparent continuous haunting and ultimately tries to solve the problem despite the grim obstacles ahead. The plot is rather bland, there's simply a lack of tension as the terrorizing entity is somewhat predictable and plastic.

Patrick Wilson delivers a good performance, he displays more variety of emotions to establish the dread. In some scenes he gives off cold enigmatic feel to puzzle the audience. Returning cast reprise their roles, Ross Bryne as Renai Lambert does a fine job, although her display of motherly concern at the first title was slightly better. The two ghost hunters are back, this time for more comedy relief than anything. There are probably too many humorous scenes, some are unintentional, in this sequel.

Its use of music is cringe-worthy, in fact even with only the sound, it'd be quite terrifying. The scares don't have the same weight though, as they are reduced to simple bursts rather than real frightful ones. James Wan's camera angle is great; he casually makes the viewers think there might be more in scenes than there really are, especially with a hint of contrasting color, shadowy background or some objects in outer peripheral vision.

The movie does poorly when the mystic of its entities is unveiled. Getting into fisticuffs with ghosts diminish the atmosphere since they seem unreal, part of me inadvertently immediately knew it's just make-up and sound effect put together for an illusion. Take away the jarring build up, replace it with mediocre possession scheme, even if the directing is well done, and you'll have a subpar sequel. It still performs its scare tricks decently, so at the very least it'll make you flinch a couple of times.
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    It may not be better than the first one, but there are a few good scares. I enjoyed how it explains a few unanswered questions from the part one. Still better than a lot of current horror films
  30. Sep 29, 2013
    A definite improvement over the first one. Even thought that was a good film. Contains a strong use of jumpy scenes with build up of tension. The was the film goes back and forth in time to make sense and fulfil un explained answer later on in the film seemed very clever and keeps the viewer engaged.
    A definite watch for horror fanatics

1. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Sep 30, 2013
    At the start of Insidious 2, a young woman opens her mouth to speak and someone else’s voice comes out of her. Demonic possession? Nope, just some inexplicable dubbing to kick off this clunker of a horror sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: Jesse Hassenger
    Sep 19, 2013
    The techniques of the movie, then, are sound. Wan still moves his camera and composes his shots with a patience that belies his dank Saw origins. But the cinematography isn’t as virtuosic this time around.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Sep 17, 2013
    Insidious Chapter 2 picks up where its predecessor left off-- in abject silliness.