Insidious

7.4

1. Jul 6, 2016
    This is the worse movie i have ever saw, the story makes no sense and that thing of going to another world is just the most RANDOM thing ever. I dont advise anyone to watch this movie. pls dont do the 4!!!! #respeito #CR7bestintheworld
  2. Jun 1, 2016
    First time in a long time that a horror movie has actually been scary and good. Insidious achieves all of this on a low budget. Very impressive movie. That horror fans have been waiting for.
  3. Apr 25, 2016
    Insidious actually feels more like a person making it straight from his own camera watching so-called scary things coming in action just to make the audience feel scared than a theatrically-made movie.
  4. Apr 24, 2016
    It's a scary and entertaining film, one of the "walk in the haunted house", besides having a good final act. The film fails when it comes to having a good suspense and suddenly hurt a bizarre supernatural horror shooting.
  5. Mar 27, 2016
    "Saw" creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell try their hands at another sort of scare with the Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson horror film, a throwback to domestic ghost stories. in which exorcists battle otherworldly forces to reunite parents and children, occasionally uniting parents with their insurance agents as well.

Successful to a point (though seemingly unaware of the chuckles it

Successful to a point (though seemingly unaware of the chuckles it produces in between shrieks), the movie has strong prospects with genre audiences but won't spawn a phenomenon resembling the filmmakers' previous franchise.

If the Rube Goldberg-isms of the Saw films rely on merciless foreshadowing of agony, Insidious is the opposite: It’s a machine for yelling "Boo!" It does so over and over — with ghosts popping through walls, faces that jump-cut from calm to frenzied and a Darth Maul-like demon with a nasty habit of materializing just over victims' shoulders.

A surprising number of these gotcha moments have the desired effect, and the picture's first hour strings them along through a familiar tale: Young couple (Patrick Wilson andRose Byrne) moves to gorgeous-but-creepy old house; son Dalton falls into a coma after a mysterious encounter; creepy stuff starts to happen.

Less familiar, and off-putting, are the ways the characters and the film react to each new development. Wilson, displaying a strange lack of affect, responds to mysterious threats to his family by starting to stay late at work every night. The script doesn't explain or really exploit this, nor does it find a reason for the movie's jumpy chronology, in which scenes occasionally seem to begin during the day and end at night.

Confusion doesn't ruin the ghost-story vibe, which stays just this side of camp: Wan's camera loves to push slowly into vacant parts of the frame, and the sound department gives him every creaky door and ticking clock in the book.

Intentional comic relief comes in the form of a pair of low-rent ghostbusters working for a genuine psychic (Lin Shaye, who has a better handle on the picture than anyone else involved). But after some promising techno-mystical business from this team, the second hour spends too long astral-projecting through an ill-defined spiritual realm whose dangers and escape routes feel entirely arbitrary.

Guilty-fun exorcist flick manages some jolts but doesn't pull off a genre reboot.
  6. Mar 26, 2016
  7. Mar 9, 2016
    I find this movie very creepy and the twists are so awesome and unpredictable. I just love this movie.

Watch this online http://www.watchfree.to/watch-281b8f-Insidious-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  8. Mar 5, 2016
    Insidious is a fun, creepy and wildly entertaining film that is wonderfully directed and acted. A step above a lot of modern horror films, Insidious is memorable viewing.
  9. Mar 5, 2016
  10. Jan 23, 2016
    This is one of my favorite Blumhouse films. It's a fantastic film, and one of James Wan's best. It's scary and the acting is all way the awesome. It's creepy from start to finish, and I'm so glad that it exists.
  11. Nov 20, 2015
    Definitely one of he best horror films of the decade, Insidious is an incredibly creepy and unsettling haunted house ride. The first half is just perfect, full of shivers and goosebumps, but the second half falls a part a little bit... I have to give credits for the limited use of CGI and the main demon design that personally scarred me for life.
  12. Oct 30, 2015
    I'm not a fan of horror movies. I'm just not. But I want to rate this film fairly, and I gotta say that this was one of the most frightening things I've ever watched. I first watched this film when I was 13, so it's basically the very first scary film I've actually sat down and watched. This isn't the goofy horror crap that keeps coming out today, this is horror done right. I know thatI'm not a fan of horror movies. I'm just not. But I want to rate this film fairly, and I gotta say that this was one of the most frightening things I've ever watched. I first watched this film when I was 13, so it's basically the very first scary film I've actually sat down and watched. This isn't the goofy horror crap that keeps coming out today, this is horror done right. I know that there are most horror films that try too hard to scare you, but it just doesn't work. Insidious scared me effortlessly by just creating unexpected moments and wild jumpscares that actually worked. If you just like the **** being scared out of you for no reason, watch this. Expand
  13. Oct 24, 2015
    Insidious does a fantastic job creating a terrifying atmosphere and then utilizing that atmosphere to scare the living hell out of the viewer. Certainly one of the scarier films I have seen, Insidious got me really good more than a couple of times. Director James Wan really knows his way around a horror movie and it shows here. The cast, led by Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, is also reallyInsidious does a fantastic job creating a terrifying atmosphere and then utilizing that atmosphere to scare the living hell out of the viewer. Certainly one of the scarier films I have seen, Insidious got me really good more than a couple of times. Director James Wan really knows his way around a horror movie and it shows here. The cast, led by Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, is also really good. However, where Insidious falters is in the very far-fetched final act. Horror movies are obviously typically unbelievable, but good ones ere on the edge of possibility. Insidious goes completely off the reservation and gets lost out there. While it does not undo the terrifying first two acts, the third act could have been significantly better without trying to outsmart itself. Expand
  14. Aug 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Insidious is a decent movie, with good suspense and build-up, and an original concept. While the film borrows heavily from other films and resembles films such as Poltergeist (1982) and borrows from films like The Shining, Rosmary's Baby, , it holds it's own in many areas. It does have aspects of the story that seem to be popping up a lot again in recent years, with films like The Babadook, The Orphanage, and Changeling, of Mothers losing their sanity and questioning their own Son. But aside from these fashionable clichés the film is constantly interesting and exciting, with good horror and suspense throughout. The film is shot well and atmosphere is fantastic, the weakest part of the film is the low budget nature and over-simplicity of the second half, resembling a lower budget version of The Cell, just without the stunning visuals and other-worldly feel. The biggest issues with the film is the fast that you already know what the enemies look like, there's absolute no shock factor of "The Further", It's just darkness, and a room with rocking horses and puppets. It's not very scary or interesting. It doesn't feel particularly other-worldly, and the only interesting part of the whole experience is the 'lost souls' that move when you don't look at them, which has been done so many times before I've lost count. They still look creepy and offer a few good jump scares, but the atmosphere is lacking.

The ending works well though, and definitely motivates to watch the sequel, despite generally not liking sequels.

Also the other children clearly only server as a plot device, they are pushed out of the film so quickly, and forgotten about entirely. Of course it makes seen they are given to an aunt to be safe, but the mother never calls them? No interesting scenes such as mom calling the other son, only for the phone call to have interference from one of the demon voices? Lazy writing, but forgiveable.

I feel that with a few tweaks this film could've been incredible, otherwise it's just a solid horror film with cool moments, rather than a masterful horror film.
  15. Aug 3, 2015
    There is legitimate artistry behind the making of Insidious, but unfortunately it has a number of faults that prevent the film from reaching its full potential. Although I have to say it was actually a scary film in an unsettling way, which is what the film has going for it. My biggest problem is the characters, they don't bother talking about all of these crazy events that are happening.There is legitimate artistry behind the making of Insidious, but unfortunately it has a number of faults that prevent the film from reaching its full potential. Although I have to say it was actually a scary film in an unsettling way, which is what the film has going for it. My biggest problem is the characters, they don't bother talking about all of these crazy events that are happening. Even after they find their child's room ripped apart Patrick Wilson's character still doesn't believe what's going on is supernatural. Its a common problem where your absolutely frustrated with what the characters are doing, because their actions aren't realistic and there is also no depth to the characters. I didn't really care for the characters as there wasn't any character building moments, which more horror films need. If I care for the characters, then ultimately I would probably feel more scared and more into it. My other problem was the jump scares weren't scary at all because you could always predict when they were going to happen, it was probably the general idea around the film that made it scary. But the last act of the film made me more engaged with the story because it is a really interesting approach to a haunted house type story. So overall I would recommend it, but some of its really frustrating. I would have liked more depth to the characters, but its definitely above average for the genre. Expand
  16. Jul 12, 2015
    Summary: In spite of its messy final act, Insidious is clever, well-acted and suspenseful. 73/100 [B]

Insidious is a low-budget horror film directed by James Wan. The first act of the movie looks like Paranormal Activity 2 (without the found-footage), but after the first 25 minutes it becomes more original and some scary stuff start to happen. Wan directs very well, the movie boasts a nicely handled suspense, especially in its first act. In addition, it has terrific sound effects. The acting is superb, Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson were great in their roles. The two main characters performed by Byrne and Wilson were believable and very well developed. Insidious is a spooky, well-acted flick and probably Wan's first good film.

As I said above, the plot is refreshing and the scares are effective. The characters are well developed and some of them are funny (in a good way), a great example are the two male paranormal experts, both play a hilarious role without being annoying. The film scares you with some creepy noises and unexpected images. Its final act keeps the tension although it's a bit weak in comparison to the last two acts. During its final act there is a scene where this demon is revealed. It was very surprising for me, the demon itself looks very scary and that whole scene was so terrifying.

On the upside, Insidious has some thrilling scenes, good performances and unexpected scares; also, its second half is strangely original. James Wan is a director with experience in the genre and creates here a truly scary atmosphere that is reinforced with strong performances by Rose Byrne, Patrick Wilson and Lin Shaye. I also liked the camera work, this movie has lots of creepy shots and a good illumination too. See this film if you're a fan of the genre or if you're interested on seeing a strange, weird ass horror film. Also if you like jump-scares. Insidious is a jump-scare fest, a very good one.

On the downside, its final act is strange, sometimes confusing and it almost ruined the whole film for me. During its first half, the movie kept the suspense and delivered lots of scares; however, in its final minutes the suspense was totally gone and the movie was not as terrifying as it was before. I liked it anyway, the whole production design is awesome and the special effects are well done in spite of being a low-budget flick. In conclusion, Insidious is a great, scary flick that boasts a creepy demon and originality. My only issue is the final act, it's such a mess. [B]
  17. Jul 2, 2015
    As a Supernatural horror film, Insidious does it's job very well, while there's not much really going on story-wise when you think about, there's enough thrills and scares to be satisfying. The film is well written and directed, although the creepy direction does fade slightly in the second half, but it never becomes boring, there's always the tension of knowing that something could happenAs a Supernatural horror film, Insidious does it's job very well, while there's not much really going on story-wise when you think about, there's enough thrills and scares to be satisfying. The film is well written and directed, although the creepy direction does fade slightly in the second half, but it never becomes boring, there's always the tension of knowing that something could happen any minute, although when it does build up to some big terrifying jump scare, it doesn't always pay off. But anyway the acting is good, the writing is good, the direction is creepy, the scares are, ok, and the film is very satisfying. Expand
  18. Jun 24, 2015
    'Insidious' follows the story of a young boy named Dalton (Ty Simpkins) who falls into some sort of shock/coma. His concerned parents (Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson) worry that he might be possessed as they first believed that their new house that they just moved into was haunted.

Directed by James Wan, 'Insidious' is mostly a film that follows Rose Byrne's character, she is alone in the house a lot. Every time, she seems to see or hear something suspicious and is worried that something might happen to her son.

There is pure evidence that there are demons and evil spirits lurking about everywhere. When they try investigating, it seems that it is true.

There is also a few surprises along the way, as we all know, whenever a movie tries to surprise you, it can lead to two different audience reactions, and they are mostly negative.

'Insidious' relies mostly on suspense and a few jump scares that are not too gimmicky, it should be able to satisfy any horror film fan, but unfortunately does not offer anything new or innovative to the horror film genre. There is no gore or torture, just plain scares and a few horrific images. It'll do for weekend entertainment.
  19. Jun 23, 2015
    It's a good horror movie when you're bored or something like that. I doesn't have anything particularly special about it. It's just a semi-original story with the right amount of screamers and some vague characters, but a relatively good character development, which comes along with a relatively good script.
  20. Jun 6, 2015
    Personally my favorite horror movie of all-time. I don't know, It just actually scared me unlike other movies nowadays. James Wan is great and Patrick Wilson is a favorite of mine. And Rose Bryne is great here too. Highly recommended.
  21. Jun 5, 2015
    Since insidious 3 is coming out i thought i'd review insidious 1 & 2. This first instalment was visually very pleasing and it did have a very creepy atmosphere and even though a lot of scares were still (annoyingly) jumpscares overall it was a very entertaining watch! Watch this one definitely. Number 2 you could kinda pass if you want.
  22. Apr 23, 2015
    If there's a complaint to be made about Insidious, it's that the film's second half is unable to live up to the impossibly high standards set by the first half. This isn't unusual when it comes to films that include a "reveal"; even Jaws lost a share of its potency once the shark emerged as more than a shadowy underwater menace. For nearly an hour, Insidious is as unsettling a horror movieIf there's a complaint to be made about Insidious, it's that the film's second half is unable to live up to the impossibly high standards set by the first half. This isn't unusual when it comes to films that include a "reveal"; even Jaws lost a share of its potency once the shark emerged as more than a shadowy underwater menace. For nearly an hour, Insidious is as unsettling a horror movie as I have seen in recent years - taut, atmospheric, creepy, and at times downright scary. Director James Wan keeps the viewer on edge, always expecting the next "boo!" moment. Every pixel of the digital print oozes dread. Around the mid-way point, we are provided with explanations and things that were mysterious become more concrete. After that, nothing is quite as intense. The final 45 minutes of Insidious get the job done - that is to say, they resolve the story (at least to the extent that any horror movie wraps things up) - but they are not the equal of what comes before them.

Wan's inventive use of camera angles (which include hand-held and point-of-view shots) draws the viewer into the story. It's not as immersive as the pseudo-reality horror films like Paranormal Activity, but it's sufficient to elevate the level of tension. The color is heavily desaturated, making the movie almost black-and-white. The "boo!" moments, which are numerous, are expertly crafted and aren't as cheap or theatrical as is sometimes the case in horror movies. Best yet, Insidious does not feel like an R-rated horror film that was neutered to get a PG-13 rating. This kind of ghost tale doesn't demand gore; it works on atmosphere and story. Wan is best-known for Saw, which had as much atmosphere as Insidious, but more graphic horror elements. Here, working from a screenplay by Leigh Whannell (who co-wrote Saw with Wan and has a supporting role here as a paranormal investigator), he proves that he doesn't need the blood and viscera to generate psychological horror.

We believe in the characters, chiefly because they do not act like the script-driven mannequins who inhabit garden-variety horror films. They act intelligently, which is a rarity. When, after one particularly bad night in the house, Renai announces that they must leave, that's what they do. They get help. They consult experts. We respect the characters because, for the most part, they respond as we might in their circumstances.

Watching Insidious, I was reminded of David Lynch's Fire Walk with Me (and its TV predecessor, Twin Peaks). Iconography Lynch employed for the "weirder" aspects of the Laura Palmer murder mystery are echoed in some of the things Wan does here. Aspects of Insidious recall Twin Peaks' Black Lodge and BOB, and the ending bears more than a passing resemblance to the way in which the Twin Peaks series concluded. Whether intentionally or not, Insidious would seem to owe a debt to those products of Lynch's twisted imagination.

Insidious is a different sort of horror film from the usual genre fare. It is more geared toward intelligent, patient viewers than teenagers in search of a quick, graphic fix. It's not cut from the cookie-cutter mold and that makes it a harrowing, if uneven, experience.
  23. Apr 5, 2015
    Insidious is one of the most frightful and intricately crafted horror films I have ever seen. From providing vivid thrills to establishing one mesmerizing scene after another, it won't disappoint anyone looking for a genuine scare.
  24. Apr 3, 2015
    Insidious revolves around a child after he is put into a coma. However things take turn for the worse when he never wakes up from set coma, and mysterious things begin to happen. The family brings in a supernatural expert to get help on the phenomenon. A demon has been trying to possess the child, and it is only a matter of time before it is finally in possession of the child's body.
  25. Mar 19, 2015
    Terrible movie. The first 30 minutes was great. Once they moved out of the house, the rest was awful. Too many blatant ripoffs of Poltergeist; if you're going to borrow ideas from a great movie, don't do a horribly crap job of it, otherwise you just make an inferior version of that movie. Not scary at all in the last hour of the movie, just boring and ridiculous.
  26. Jan 7, 2015
    This was an absolutely brilliant movie and an instant classic. Forget the lame horror flicks being churned out left and right, and journey into the depths of the further. Insidious was extremely creative, and you can tell someone actually took time to think about the mythology behind it. This movie comes out of nowhere and is shockingly unpredictable. I loved each new plot developmentThis was an absolutely brilliant movie and an instant classic. Forget the lame horror flicks being churned out left and right, and journey into the depths of the further. Insidious was extremely creative, and you can tell someone actually took time to think about the mythology behind it. This movie comes out of nowhere and is shockingly unpredictable. I loved each new plot development because it was just so fresh. The ghost world depicted in this film is way scarier than it sounds and that psychotic violin theme gets me every time. The bride in black ghost just was... Wow... That was actually scary. ^.^ Loved every minute. Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2014
    I had high expectations for this movie but it wasn't quite as good as I expected. I did get scared here and there but its just seems like something that has been done a few times before.
  28. Nov 9, 2014
    Insidious delivers the thrills and scares for the most part of the movie with good setup, acting and characters, and then crumbles at the final act with a lot of clumsiness and a shaky plot and an atmosphere that is neither tense nor scary.
  29. Oct 21, 2014
    "Insidious" is an insanely scary and fun haunted house ride. The score, soundtrack, and cinematography really help create a disturbing and creepy atmosphere for the film. There are quite a few jump scares in this movie, but there's also a lot of tension, especially in the first and third acts. Some people might not like the third act for its slower pace, but I personally really enjoyed the"Insidious" is an insanely scary and fun haunted house ride. The score, soundtrack, and cinematography really help create a disturbing and creepy atmosphere for the film. There are quite a few jump scares in this movie, but there's also a lot of tension, especially in the first and third acts. Some people might not like the third act for its slower pace, but I personally really enjoyed the entire film equally. Expand
  30. Aug 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ever since I saw the Saw short film by James Wan, I found a new favourite horror director! Brilliant style of horror cinema, with an amazing chilling ambiance, plus the cinematographers are perfect (David M. Brewer & John R. Leonetti). Huge props go to Leigh Whannell for writing a masterpeice. I love the whole concept behind the astral projection aspect, and the place called The Further intrigued me! I'm 'bout to watch Chapter 2, which Ii'll also review here. Expand
  31. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Insidious was slow and sort of boring, but it was still entertaining with all the horrific scenes that make you either jump out of your seat or scream like your on a roller coaster.
  32. Jun 26, 2014
    This is the scariest movie I have ever seen in my life. It's suspenseful, no blood or gore, which makes it far scarier. I myself have seen a lot of these kind of movies and this is honestly the scariest one I have seen yet.
  33. May 15, 2014
    One of the best modern horror movies. Back in 2011 this movie was a pleasant surprise. After the painful drought for horror movie fans, James Wan comes with great horror flick and ends our suffering. Although the movie kinda fell apart at the very ending it was still very enjoyable.
  34. May 3, 2014
    I saw " Insidious " thinking about being in front of a movie completely new and really scary , given the good reviews I had read. Unfortunately, my impressions have not approached even a little ' earlier expectations .
    Where is all this originality ? I have not seen it . Appearances paranormal , parallel worlds, mediums, haunted houses, demonic possession , etc. I do not seem so original elements for a modern film , rather they are among the most typical and raped for horror movies .
    Sure, it's not fair to base the value of a movie considering only the original , but even if the script is working fine, flat and rather superficial defects such as these can only put more emphasis . To further strengthen the weakness of the film is the evidence actorial , which in part to Lin Shaye , I found unrealistic in their desire to be realistic .
    Overall, then , the movie did not like it , but I recognize some merits in it, such as the discrete directed by James Wan , and several dark scenes . In my opinion there were all the elements to make a great horror film , but unfortunately have not been exploited to the fullest.
  35. Apr 10, 2014
    There is a good beginning and good horror scenes.But what kills the movie in my opinion is when Patrick Wilson's character goes in the other world to save his son,it is not realistic at all.But it stays a good horror movie.
  36. Mar 23, 2014
    Good horror movie with some cool plot twists and an excellent cliffhanger.
    Positives:
    - Good Story
    - Nuanced
    - Great Actors
    Negatives:
    - Too short
    - Not all that scary
  37. Mar 6, 2014
    insidious is not that scary but gives me the creeps but i did not think it was fun . it is a sort of scary to learn about like the paranormal activity i will watch that soon .
  38. Feb 10, 2014
    When not being an unintentional comedy and not scary whatsoever. Insidious is incredibly boring, formulaic and predictable. Many compare this to Sinister, I think that is unfair, not just because Sinister is actually a good film but because Sinister bothers to build up tension. Insidious does not. The scares consist of a long silence and then a CGI ghost or creature appearing (usually theWhen not being an unintentional comedy and not scary whatsoever. Insidious is incredibly boring, formulaic and predictable. Many compare this to Sinister, I think that is unfair, not just because Sinister is actually a good film but because Sinister bothers to build up tension. Insidious does not. The scares consist of a long silence and then a CGI ghost or creature appearing (usually the very funny Darth Maul with a 60’s haircut and Freddy Kreuger glove), that is not scary. In some places I jumped but as I have ranted about in many other reviews there is a large difference between a film making you jump and a film being scary. I was always bored, always knew what was going to happen next, always cringing and almost always laughing. A perfect example of how modern horror movies are complete crap. Expand
  39. Feb 10, 2014
    If you want a film that won't scare you to help you sleep at night than don't watch this film. But if you want a film that will make you shake with fear and make you never want to turn the light off again then watch this film.
    The film is about family of 5 who move to a new house which seems to be fine at first but then the wife, Renai (Rose Byrne) starts seeing ghostly figures and hearing eerie voices. And when the youngest son, Dalton (Ty Simpkins) falls into an eternal sleep the family decides to call a woman, Elise (Lin Shaye), who is an expert in dealing with ghosts. But soon after calling this woman the family find out a terrible secret which is that it isn't the house that's haunted it's something much worse.
    In this film it was hard to choose my favourite scene because there's lots of parts in it that make you jump. One part that made me almost jump out of my skin is the part were the husband, Josh, (Patrick Wilson) is in a room with four ghosts who seem motionless but then the ghosts disappear and reappear right infront of his face.
    The film also ropes you in at the beginning when it shows scary images during the credits and the film also keeps you interested until the end when there is a terrifying twist.
    I would recommend this film to anyone who likes a good horror film that makes you jump out of your seat in almost every scene. And I would rate this film 8/10.
  40. Jan 23, 2014
    This movie scared me a lot. They have tensions scares, jump scares, and creep-you-out scares. I am very thankful that the writers made the ending a little more absurd than realistic, otherwise I'd have been traumatized for months.
  41. Jan 20, 2014
    I do not find Insidious to be that good. I believe Insidious is nothing more than an over-hyped thriller with a handful of scares, and an enjoyable cameo by a Tiny Tim song.
  42. Jan 20, 2014
    Wow, this movie sucks ass. If you think this movie is good or scary you obviously haven't watched any before. It's the same **** over and over again. Every single scary movie has the people seeing or experiencing creepy or "scary" things and yet they continue to stay in the place or house and not do anything about it and the "husband" never believes it at first and then things happen toWow, this movie sucks ass. If you think this movie is good or scary you obviously haven't watched any before. It's the same **** over and over again. Every single scary movie has the people seeing or experiencing creepy or "scary" things and yet they continue to stay in the place or house and not do anything about it and the "husband" never believes it at first and then things happen to him and then he believes then they get help and the help runs off. The movie is Crap seriously if you think this is a good movie then my god it's no wonder they keep making this **** it's not even scary at all. I love horror movies but f**k me they are so **** and not scary. Expand
  43. Jan 13, 2014
    This movie isn't scary at all, sometimes instead of being scared I was laughing, the only interesting part is the end, that can, maybe, you stay looking forward to the next one, the characters are poorly made and sometimes the movie just doesn't make sense.
  44. Dec 13, 2013
  45. Nov 24, 2013
    This reminds me of dazzling thoughts contained in Indian philosophy. Atman is hidden inside the body that can be attained through continuous meditation, the direction for which is sought through a GURU. Actually body is completely in tune with the atman so that it cannot find itself to be a separate entity until one strives very hard to find as one different from it. this adventure isThis reminds me of dazzling thoughts contained in Indian philosophy. Atman is hidden inside the body that can be attained through continuous meditation, the direction for which is sought through a GURU. Actually body is completely in tune with the atman so that it cannot find itself to be a separate entity until one strives very hard to find as one different from it. this adventure is termed as THAPAS in Hindu Mythology. If one does this, he will attain SIDDHIS and can go really out of this physical body as an astral body. Many stages in the film depict the Director's strange attachment with Indian thoughts which are culled well to have a deep impression over the mind to sense the worldly relationships as unreal and imaginary as long as we live in this world. Wish to see many more versions of this type to make us realise this bondings between us as unreal. Thanks Expand
  46. Oct 30, 2013
    cuando se cuenta con un bajo presupuesto no hay que intentar hacer cosas que por logica saldran mal con un bajo presupuesto, malos efectos, cosas que no dan miedo etc.
    Insidious estuvo bien la primera parte, la ultima media hora fue algo desastrozo en donde intentaron hacer hasta lo imposible por haacer ver 3 millones como 20 esto no es tanto asi no la desvaloro tanto pues la primera parte fue muy buena
  47. Oct 29, 2013
    While not as creepy as The Shining or Pet Semetary It's still creepy, even more than most classic horror movies. I enjoyed the demon and this is the first movie since the 80's to really creep me out.
  48. Oct 28, 2013
    A pretty good horror film. It's got a genuinely tense and creepy atmosphere, and because of it is able to provide some truly scary moments. Unlike most horror movies out there it doesn't rely on lame jump scares. It has them, but it doesn't rely on them. The soundtrack is used to great effect here. It shows up at just the right moments to make things more intense and frightening. So it's aA pretty good horror film. It's got a genuinely tense and creepy atmosphere, and because of it is able to provide some truly scary moments. Unlike most horror movies out there it doesn't rely on lame jump scares. It has them, but it doesn't rely on them. The soundtrack is used to great effect here. It shows up at just the right moments to make things more intense and frightening. So it's a good horror movie that provides some genuine scares, but it's not perfect.

The second-half of the movie brings in some comic-relief characters that severely damage the overall tone and atmosphere of the movie. Also just like most modern horror movies lame jump scares are present that fail to elicit any sort of reaction, much less fear. The plot and acting could have also used just a little more tightening. These flaws do bring down the overall quality of the movie, but they don't ruin it.

All in all "Insidious" is both impressive and scary in a time where most horror movies fall flat. It manages to do what all horror movies should do, but most fail to do; being scary. So if you're looking for a good horror movie there are a huge selection of worse out there. So grab your popcorn, turn off the lights, and get ready for a fright. It may not be perfect, but "Insidious" delivers some truly frightening moments. That's more than I can say about most horror movies.
  49. Oct 17, 2013
    First off I am not a horror fan, I don't like them. They don't scare me. They make me laugh! I started to watch "Insidious" and I started getting goosebumps! The story got me involved! There was a touch of science which made the movie a little more believable. Overall the movie is not perfect, there are some cheesy parts. But what it does pull off, is a good horror movie. It delivers theFirst off I am not a horror fan, I don't like them. They don't scare me. They make me laugh! I started to watch "Insidious" and I started getting goosebumps! The story got me involved! There was a touch of science which made the movie a little more believable. Overall the movie is not perfect, there are some cheesy parts. But what it does pull off, is a good horror movie. It delivers the right amount of scares, and is not over the top. Expand
  50. Oct 7, 2013
    This may not be the scariest movie ever but it's worth watching with entertaining jumpscares and its interesting plot and makes all of most of the main characters useful in the movie.
  51. Sep 21, 2013
    I saw Insidious on TV after going to see Insidious 2 at the cinema, so actually saw the two films in reverse order, regardless I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I thought that Insidious, compared to some of James Wan's other horrors/thrillers was a slightly overly hyped film. The film had some dull scenes and not very creative shots but still introduced an interesting element to ghost filmsI saw Insidious on TV after going to see Insidious 2 at the cinema, so actually saw the two films in reverse order, regardless I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I thought that Insidious, compared to some of James Wan's other horrors/thrillers was a slightly overly hyped film. The film had some dull scenes and not very creative shots but still introduced an interesting element to ghost films and left me wanting for more. The horror in it focused on being creepy and didn't have to rely on a ton of jump-scares to scare me. Some scenes had me completely baffled and wanting to rewind just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I would recommend this film to anyone who likes ghost films. Expand
  52. Sep 20, 2013
    Terrifying film. This movie is a sterling example of what a ghost story should be like. Absolutely great movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend this movie 100%.
  53. Sep 14, 2013
    Insidious is the type of horror film that is rarely seen in Hollywood today a film with no gore and all fun. A film that is well made and which acting is superb. A-
  54. Sep 7, 2013
    I watched it because it has pretty good ratings and was hoping for a great modern horror but what I got was mediocrity. I'm not pretending to be a tough guy, I get scared easily, but this movie simply was not scary. It had maybe 3 good jump scares throughout but jump scares are cheap horror and easy to pull off.

The plot was interesting at first when we didn't know what was happening

The plot was interesting at first when we didn't know what was happening but when its revealed its a complete joke. I won't spoil it but the ending has been done time and time again, and I could see it coming long before it happened. Aside from that there are huge inconsistencies with the spirits abilities. I could barely take it seriously because of all this.

Yet another mediocre modern horror...
  55. Sep 3, 2013
    The eery feel of this film makes you want to think it's real. James Wan hit it out of the park with this film. There is nothing wrong about this movie you can't ask for more. No Blood, just a paranormal thriller/horror that leave you gasping for air
  56. Aug 31, 2013
    Very scary. I really enjoyed that psychological thriller and do not miss it!! I do not think though that the second chapter will be as good as the first one.
  57. Jul 27, 2013
    A genuinley terrifying movie. Very physcological and a few jumpscares. A very scary movie but although this doesn't give anything away I have spotted a plot hole about 2 thirds in the youngest and one other child aren't seen for the rest of the film. Still though very scary. Perfect for a scary sleepover.
  58. Jul 18, 2013
    This was one creepy film! Definitely up there as one of the scariest films I've seen thanks to being so damn jumpy, but the concept is just great as young Dalton falls into a coma when he is captured by evil spirits. There are so many subtle things in this movie that make it perfect, and so many scares along the way that are just so damn freaky! It's a Horror fans favourite type of filmThis was one creepy film! Definitely up there as one of the scariest films I've seen thanks to being so damn jumpy, but the concept is just great as young Dalton falls into a coma when he is captured by evil spirits. There are so many subtle things in this movie that make it perfect, and so many scares along the way that are just so damn freaky! It's a Horror fans favourite type of film and I'd find it hard to find someone that loves Horror that hates this film. Highly recommend this one! Expand
  59. Jul 3, 2013
    Solid acting and while it had a generic supernatural plot to it, I still found Insidious at least some-what enjoyable to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.
  60. May 5, 2013
    This movie is truly scary as sh*t. I am not a horror film buff at all, just a casual watcher. The film uses sudden loud noises to make you truly scream OH SH*T. There are a variety of pop-ups accompanied by loud noises that really freak you out. Usually you know it's coming by the tension build up and suspense, but a casual viewer will still be scared. Great film to watch withThis movie is truly scary as sh*t. I am not a horror film buff at all, just a casual watcher. The film uses sudden loud noises to make you truly scream OH SH*T. There are a variety of pop-ups accompanied by loud noises that really freak you out. Usually you know it's coming by the tension build up and suspense, but a casual viewer will still be scared. Great film to watch with friends, but I can't say I would dare to watch it alone, in the dark. Expand
  61. Apr 23, 2013
    Oh boy when I first saw a preview the one that kept going "Insidious Is" I was like interesting definintly looks better then many many many horror movies. Then I saw another one that went "From the creators of Paranormal Activity and Saw". Thats my reaction I was like "This better not have a bunch of random trash happening or uneseccary things happening". That quickly changed I watched itOh boy when I first saw a preview the one that kept going "Insidious Is" I was like interesting definintly looks better then many many many horror movies. Then I saw another one that went "From the creators of Paranormal Activity and Saw". Thats my reaction I was like "This better not have a bunch of random trash happening or uneseccary things happening". That quickly changed I watched it thinking "This was creepy and scary (even though I was scared but my girlfriend surly was) and I didn't see a drop of blood" This was a good story. Now this is much better then the so-called American Horror Classic "Psycho". This INSIDIOUS should be the number one horror movie. If you think you can handle it watch it. Expand
  62. Apr 19, 2013
    A great scare flick that brings us back to the golden age of haunted house horror films with it's own twits.
    Writer Leigh Whannell and director James Wan do a spectacular job at creating a familiar yet original experience for viewers and generate some frightening memorable scares. Overall, Insidious is well written, directed, shot and acted, a great solid horror flick.
  63. Apr 16, 2013
    Creepy movie, but not over the top. Good movie if you're just starting to watch horror movies. Some pretty creepy parts, and interesting story mix for a good movie. 8 out of 10!
  64. Apr 14, 2013
    I have never seen a movie as creepy, freaky, and unnerving as this one. It is without a doubt one of the best ghost movies in existence. After I first watched it, I couldn't sleep very well for days. Do not under any
    circumstances let any child under the age of 12 see it or he/she will be scarred for life. I know I was.
  65. Apr 10, 2013
    Great suspense at the beginning, a generally good plot. However certain characteristics of the evil person make it less creepy. However it kept me hiding behind my duvet for certain areas.
  66. Apr 3, 2013
    Definitely a mixed bag.There are things in this movie that make me wonder if it's a serious attempt at a horror film or a parody of the genre. Either way it's enjoyable just to see where it goes next and I promise that as you start the movie, you would never guess the territory it goes into toward the end. XD
  67. Mar 17, 2013
    I had a good time watching it, but it wasn't too scary. I watched it in the dark on my own and only jumped slightly at one jump scare. It also got a bit slow at parts, but other than that, it was a fun watch.
  68. Mar 1, 2013
    "Insidious" is a horror movie about an average family haunted with supernatural forces that possess a natural tendency to open lots of doors and make funny noises. Most fans of this subgenre will praise it not because it is an excellent film, but because the ones that came before it are infinitely much worse. Have you seen "The Haunting in Connecticut"?

The unlucky family in this horror

The unlucky family in this horror film is the five members of the Lambert family. Each of them is terrorized by a mysterious creature, but most unlucky is young Dalton, who is in a deep sleep and would not wake up. A doctor says that he isn't in a coma. A psychic claims that his spiritual body is trapped in another dimension she likes to call, The Further. Dalton's parents, Josh and Renai, are, to say the least, confused. Whether any of these explanations makes sense or not is not a major concern, because the story mainly serves as an opening to provide scares.

"Insidious" is conscious of the genre's obvious clichés, but it avoids some of them by conforming to an unhelpful, alternative idea that is soon to be a cliché itself. Characters living in haunted houses are often so traumatized by the ghouls that they forget about the possible action of, you know, leaving the house. The Lambert family makes the practical decision of abandoning their home early on in the film, only to have their efforts thwarted when they are told that it's not the house that's haunted, but their son. "Oooooooo". So, instead of one haunted house, we get two haunted houses.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/insidious-movie-review/
  69. Feb 23, 2013
    This is a weird movie, that jumps quickly between boring, mildly interesting, and ridiculously stupid. It's good for a couple of good scares in the beginning, but the movie quickly deteriorates from there. The big slogan was, it's not the house that's haunted, and it was compared to the exorcist, both couldn't be further from the truth. Without going into details, the story is justThis is a weird movie, that jumps quickly between boring, mildly interesting, and ridiculously stupid. It's good for a couple of good scares in the beginning, but the movie quickly deteriorates from there. The big slogan was, it's not the house that's haunted, and it was compared to the exorcist, both couldn't be further from the truth. Without going into details, the story is just stupid. The special effects are laughable, and the acting is so-so. The kid, newcomer Ty Simpkins, was mildly entertaining and did do a nice job. The parents weren't too bad either, but the rest of the cast were just terrible, a perfect fit for a movie that is pure If it wasn't for a couple of scares and the fact that I was laughing at how stupid some of the parts were, this movie would have gotten zero. It's a complete and utter waste of time. Expand
  70. Jan 23, 2013
    Probably one of the scariest movies of all times. I had nightmares for weeks after watching this one. The imagery in Insidious is so unforgettable that it will stick with you for a very, very long time.
  71. Dec 7, 2012
    Loved it, an excellent piece of film-making. One of the best horror films I've seen in recent years, even for a film that's only PG-13 (don't let that fool you).
  72. Nov 30, 2012
    It is probably one of the few movies that really go into the depths of ghost haunting and the reasons why it occurs. I actually believed that it might be the first horror movie with a happy ending. Besides, the original story, the sound effects and the apparitions will try to make you jump off the seat more than one time.
  73. Nov 28, 2012
    I loved every minute of it although the lipstick-face demon was totally unrealistic but that just made the film funny. This film has been put in the genre Horror but in all honesty this film is hilarious; usually if a horror film is funny it makes it completely rubbish but Leigh Whannell (who also wrote saw) scripted this film very well and used a lot of talented actors (includingI loved every minute of it although the lipstick-face demon was totally unrealistic but that just made the film funny. This film has been put in the genre Horror but in all honesty this film is hilarious; usually if a horror film is funny it makes it completely rubbish but Leigh Whannell (who also wrote saw) scripted this film very well and used a lot of talented actors (including himself), this film is intriguing and maintains my attention throughout but the one thing this film lacks is the jump factor as I didn't jump once, I would recommend this film to anyone over the age of 11, I think that any 13 year old or older will like this film as I was 13 when I watched it and I loved it. Expand
  74. Nov 7, 2012
    A devilish little haunted house film that it most frightening when there is nothing scary happening. The first hour of Insidious is bone chilling and though the plot is preposterous, it still slithers under your skin and spins around in your head until you just loose your **** and fall helplessly into its grasps.
  75. Oct 9, 2012
    This movie scared the absolute **** out of me. It was so bad that I had to turn on the lights at some points through out the movie. I had goosebumps so bad that the hair on my arms would stand up and wouldn't go back down until the movie was over. Ghosts freak me out and if they freak you out also I recommend this movie to you.
  76. Oct 6, 2012
    From the images floating around the internet, I had extremely high hopes for this one. What started out as a truly uneasy environment full of suspense and genuine fear, later turned into a finale that had me laughing at the very "monsters" themselves. The plot has been done a hundred time before, and some of the acting is a bit... "off". While the first hour is actually scary andFrom the images floating around the internet, I had extremely high hopes for this one. What started out as a truly uneasy environment full of suspense and genuine fear, later turned into a finale that had me laughing at the very "monsters" themselves. The plot has been done a hundred time before, and some of the acting is a bit... "off". While the first hour is actually scary and uncomfortable to watch, it quickly goes from long, drawn out scenes of the protagonist walking through the house at night trying to find where all the noises keep coming from, to a "Hey audience!!! Look at this monster!!! It's so scary!! Be scared!!! WooOOOooo!!"

To be honest, if it had ended 30 minutes earlier than it did, it would have been a decent horror flick in itself, but the plot gets, for the lack of a better word, "cheesy", and feeble attempts at comic relief make it all the less frightful.

This is the kind of thing you watch with your friends, but start chit-chatting half way through the "scares".
  77. Sep 30, 2012
    Insidious seems as if it was split into two parts, each with a completely different director. Whilst the first half of the film builds up tension skillfully, providing a handfull of unsettling moments, the film is let down by a weak second half. What could have been a memorable horror experience dissolves into a bitter mix of jumpscares, action and rediculousness. Although the atmosphereInsidious seems as if it was split into two parts, each with a completely different director. Whilst the first half of the film builds up tension skillfully, providing a handfull of unsettling moments, the film is let down by a weak second half. What could have been a memorable horror experience dissolves into a bitter mix of jumpscares, action and rediculousness. Although the atmosphere remains impressive throughout. Expand
  78. Sep 27, 2012
    Overall, I thought this film was okay. I'm a fan of Rose Byrne, I think she's a hugely underrated actress and so I had high hopes for this film, but I was a little disappointed. Horror is my favourite and most watched genre and as such I didn't think that this film really offered up anything new. Firstly the good. Elements of this film were undoubtedly creepy. Certain aspects of theOverall, I thought this film was okay. I'm a fan of Rose Byrne, I think she's a hugely underrated actress and so I had high hopes for this film, but I was a little disappointed. Horror is my favourite and most watched genre and as such I didn't think that this film really offered up anything new. Firstly the good. Elements of this film were undoubtedly creepy. Certain aspects of the storyline were chilling and the overall concept was, I thought, quite original. In other words, it wasn't your typical 'haunted house' story where things go bump and people scream (but never seem to move house....), so for that I was grateful. Also, I think what ruins a lot of horror films is when someone does something that makes you think 'Well I wouldn't have done that' (like walking into a scary room without looking for a light, no one in the history of mankind has ever done that...) because that disconnects you from the action and makes you sit there with a slightly unimpressed look on your face at how stupid the person on screen seems to be. But this film didn't really have any of those moments, they all seemed to be fairly rational, sensible people making fairly rational, sensible decisions. That made the whole story better for me. !However! There came a point where that was no longer the case. What started off as a genuinely uncomfortable and creepy film turned into what I thought was a bit like a Michael Jackson 'Thriller' video out-take. I went from, 'well there goes any hope of me sleeping for the next ten years', to '....did that really just happen (insert appropriate unimpressed face here)' in the space of about 30 minutes. I felt like the plot got too ahead of itself and everyone went a bit CGI crazy. Elements were still scary, but I felt like the film started to rely too much on jump scares than actual, real terror moments. Anyone would jump if you made a loud noise and shoved a scary picture in their face, to me that isn't the same and just produces moments that are totally forgettable. So on the whole, I thought this film was okay. Parts were original, well thought out and outright creepy but the direction that the film went in let it down completely. A great film if you're with a friend and want to have a few scares but nothing I can see being remembered any time in the near future. Expand
  79. Sep 9, 2012
    Genuinely frightening film that really scared me. I've become desensitized to horror films, so I was shocked at how scary Insidious really is. Eerie, well acted, directed and written. A winner of a ghost story!
  80. Sep 4, 2012
    A surprisingly good haunted/possession movie. With how much generic crap is peddled out in this vein of cinema; I'm glad to see movies like this pop out every now and then. Would definitely recommend for a good scare!
  81. Jun 6, 2012
    This is the worst horror movie in a very long time. Just by watching the first 5 minutes, the whole plot becomes clear and nothing is a surprise. The movie was like a PG-13 episode of Scooby-Doo. All the moments where demons came at you were completely expected with no surprise of any kind. This s not even worth your time, this is not even worth a days renal. Even if you find if at theThis is the worst horror movie in a very long time. Just by watching the first 5 minutes, the whole plot becomes clear and nothing is a surprise. The movie was like a PG-13 episode of Scooby-Doo. All the moments where demons came at you were completely expected with no surprise of any kind. This s not even worth your time, this is not even worth a days renal. Even if you find if at the library, don't get it. Trust me, if you have to pick between Insidious, and Barney's Halloween party, pick Barney. Expand
  82. May 6, 2012
    Insidious is an excellent horror film for two reasons. One, the film has no blood or gore (which is typical of Wan's Saw films). Two, by employing the classic haunted house tale, its able to give the film a whole new twist when it throws a monkey wrench into the story.
  83. Apr 11, 2012
    Excellent by modern horror film standards, but as a ghost movie it lacks the performances from the actors required to make the events that take place that bit more believable. But all in all, a brilliant rip-off of Paranormal Activity that is sure to become one of the more worthwhile entries in the horror genre of recent years. The scares were effective but to my distaste were pretty muchExcellent by modern horror film standards, but as a ghost movie it lacks the performances from the actors required to make the events that take place that bit more believable. But all in all, a brilliant rip-off of Paranormal Activity that is sure to become one of the more worthwhile entries in the horror genre of recent years. The scares were effective but to my distaste were pretty much all jump scares, a technique that I feel is very overused and cliche. To make a horror film work, in my eyes, the main components needed are tone, mood and above all atmosphere. This film packs plenty of those but they become less effective because of the damn jump scares. Far more intelligently creepy scenes could have been thought of. Expand
  84. Apr 4, 2012
    I loved it! I am usually a harsh judge and I profoundly dislike cheesy horror movies, neither do I enjoy too much-unnecessary- gore, abuse of special effects, or/and bad performances. Here, however, I found all the ingredients needed for a movie to be considered -in my opinion- outstanding. There were indeed, many ghosts, but their presence was used smartly. The only flaw I find is theI loved it! I am usually a harsh judge and I profoundly dislike cheesy horror movies, neither do I enjoy too much-unnecessary- gore, abuse of special effects, or/and bad performances. Here, however, I found all the ingredients needed for a movie to be considered -in my opinion- outstanding. There were indeed, many ghosts, but their presence was used smartly. The only flaw I find is the part of 'comedy' they introduced when the two ghostbusters first appeared in scene. The initial interactions of those two characters were silly; henceforth, their performances felt fake. In fact, It sort of changed the feeling of the movie, they just didn't fit there. Fortunately, the movie quickly recovered its obscure nature, and went back to its initial pace; this allowed the actors who played the ghostbusters to improve their performances. Still, is precisely that randomness what stops me from giving to this film a score of 10 - but, it is arguably a solid 9. I wish the director didn't make that mistake, so we would have had a formidable movie. Just want to add that to me, the ending was magnificent, however; I acknowledge that as some have already pointed out, it raises a few questions...which I would like to see answered in an Insidious 2 movie. Yet, I sort of like the fact that the 'happy ending' was not quite there, I mean clear. Overall, this is one of the best horror movies I have watched even though it is not overly scary. Still, I adore it..and I am going to buy the dvd for sure! What is the secret of this film? It has a clever plot, good performances and the movie as a whole has style! Watch it! Do not let the score or negative comments found here to stop you from doing that! I know if you see this movie you won't regret it! Don't let other people's negativism to influence you negatively for you are the one who has to decide!..without bias! Expand
  85. Feb 11, 2012
    As far as horror movies go recently, Insidious is top notch. It is the only movie to make me jump and give me chills in years. The chills came the first time i saw it in theaters during the scene when the red demon face shows up behind the husband, HOLY SH*T! In these times of three Paranormal Activity's that didn't scare one ounce of me, Insidious is a very effective horror film.
  86. Dec 23, 2011
    It is easily one of the scariest movies I have ever seen in my life, but it features weak performances and just a weak premise and to add that a really questionable ending. I give this movie 59%.
  87. Dec 14, 2011
    While it is no horror masterpiece, "Insidious" is very entertaining and engaging. The thing that stuck out to me the most was some really beautiful cinematography, which I am not used to seeing in horror films. Kudos need to be given to the cinematographer and director of the film - very beautiful shots. Having beautiful cinematography and thrills and scares is not quite enough to have aWhile it is no horror masterpiece, "Insidious" is very entertaining and engaging. The thing that stuck out to me the most was some really beautiful cinematography, which I am not used to seeing in horror films. Kudos need to be given to the cinematographer and director of the film - very beautiful shots. Having beautiful cinematography and thrills and scares is not quite enough to have a very good film, though. There are some things in the film that just make no sense, and are definite loop-holes that the director and screenplay writers missed. The acting is not necessarily the best - the dialogue, especially, feels rather artificial at times, especially when the wife and husband talk. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the film quite a lot because of an interesting story (despite the holes in it), beautiful cinematography, and some good scary scenes! 6/10 Expand
  88. Dec 13, 2011
    The ghosts in "Insidious" are not the "Paranormal Activity" kind where you rarely ever see them. These ghosts definitely make their presences known by running through hallways and wearing really creepy costumes. They're like a combination between the ghosts in "Carnival of Souls" and "The Shining." Because of this, "Insidious" might not be for everyone. But if you dig old-school horrorThe ghosts in "Insidious" are not the "Paranormal Activity" kind where you rarely ever see them. These ghosts definitely make their presences known by running through hallways and wearing really creepy costumes. They're like a combination between the ghosts in "Carnival of Souls" and "The Shining." Because of this, "Insidious" might not be for everyone. But if you dig old-school horror films, you're in for a treat. James Wan takes his haunted house style of horror and runs with it. His film never lets up on movie atmospherics, and at times, it is truly terrifying. But with that said, the movie does get a little too hokey at times, and the characters aren't all that compelling aside from Lin Shaye as the psychic. But if you want to see a horror film that offers something different, check out "Insidious". Whether you laugh the whole time or you're scare straight from it; "Insidious" delivers the goods. Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2011
    Directed by a gifted director, Wan gives us an instant classic of modern horror! I am great fun of horror movies and i really loved this one! This movie has a great atmosphere and it will keep you on the edge.
  90. Dec 5, 2011
    this film is amazing, it was so scary i papped my self all the way through with scenes that were so smart and not only did it show scary scenes at night but also in daylight which i don't normally see in horror films was scared me even more. you don't know how it's going to end with a man entering some weird place where the devil lives. one of the most scary films i have ever seen. 9/10
  91. Dec 3, 2011
    Good to see a genuinly scary movie that didn't had to revert to use gore as a shock tactic. Watching a movie a second time will also allow you to pick up subtle bits and pieces that you may have missed the first time. For instance I saw a boy standing in the corner of the camera shot as one of the protagonists walked past that I didn't see the first time round and it scared the bejesus outGood to see a genuinly scary movie that didn't had to revert to use gore as a shock tactic. Watching a movie a second time will also allow you to pick up subtle bits and pieces that you may have missed the first time. For instance I saw a boy standing in the corner of the camera shot as one of the protagonists walked past that I didn't see the first time round and it scared the bejesus out of me. Like most scary movies the budget doesn't seem to be out of this world and the final few scenes look a tad corny. But overall very scary movi Expand
  92. Nov 15, 2011
    Definitely a must watch as Insidious goes "boss hogging" through Horror Street. The storyline itself is redundant, but Insidious does it its job right by frightening us pretty good. The horror genre hasn't been able to evolve, but Insidious came inches to it.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    The movie itself is okay, but I give it credit for managing to get me scared, however seeing the main villain leaves me to believe to lack of creativity it has; Mixing Darth Maul and Freddy Kruger seems oddly not scary to me.
  94. Oct 30, 2011
    This is a superb horror film. James wan makes fims that have familiar elements from the genre but he gives them a unique flavour with the use of harsh, punchy string music to accompany the shocks and some brilliantly imaginative imagery. the horror in this film is subtle at times and then very intense at others. James Wan is an inspired director that doesn't hold back. You're either gonnaThis is a superb horror film. James wan makes fims that have familiar elements from the genre but he gives them a unique flavour with the use of harsh, punchy string music to accompany the shocks and some brilliantly imaginative imagery. the horror in this film is subtle at times and then very intense at others. James Wan is an inspired director that doesn't hold back. You're either gonna accept his vision and feel the terror, or reject it - at which point it becomes comedic, hence some of the low scores. For me he's a true auteur, up there with Argento. I love old school horror, and this delivers for me. Expand
  95. Oct 28, 2011
    Very scary, and a really good story, I thought. To be honest, I could've done without the Egon Spengler characters and Insidious 2 is clearly signposted, but it was a great, creepy movie.
  96. Oct 18, 2011
    I have seen lots of horror movies, and many scary ones. This movie is scary, but not mainly bu the theme as much. More by the random pop ups, that don't seem to fit in at the right time. They seem to appear out of nowhere and at bad points in the film. It doesn't have the best storyline ever, and the plot is a bit weak at parts. The movie seems to go off subject a lot too. However, it is aI have seen lots of horror movies, and many scary ones. This movie is scary, but not mainly bu the theme as much. More by the random pop ups, that don't seem to fit in at the right time. They seem to appear out of nowhere and at bad points in the film. It doesn't have the best storyline ever, and the plot is a bit weak at parts. The movie seems to go off subject a lot too. However, it is a good movie. But not the best horror out there. Though it will scare you! Expand
  97. Oct 17, 2011
    Insidious lacks the creepy feeling after the first half of the film and the big finish seems to be a bit predictable but it is still a very entertaining haunted house film that delivers fun and jumps. Insidious pushes those cliché horror films off the cliff.
  98. Oct 1, 2011
    Insidiouse was a great movie. Scarery as hell. Literelly. I was in the movie theater watching it with my dad and he even scremed like a girl. It was hillariouse. I love my dad. What the hell is up with how scarehy they made this movie? After you have seen it once though it is not as f-ing scarey. What the hell is up with that? Ok well I have to go.
  99. Sep 25, 2011
    The movie "Insidious", directed by the infamous James Wan, is a surprisingly scary movie full of chills and creeps. Its a good film that will definitely cool you down in the hot summer with its scares.

1. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Apr 3, 2011
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Apr 1, 2011
    It feels more like a poor man's "Poltergeist, " minus the static-filled TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Apr 1, 2011
    Insidious doesn't feature the lazy, home-video-style terror of "Paranormal Activity," thankfully. But it's also pretty normal activity for a ghost story.