7.7

1. Sep 1, 2013
    This movie has the emotional intensity of BELLA, the humor of JUNO, and the social ramifications of KRAMER vs KRAMER. (I know I have watched a good movie when a year later, I scan the video store shelf and I can remember the plot of the movie. Trust me,you will remember everything from this film.) Loved the line sincerely expressed by a friend to the new Mexican father, "You better learnThis movie has the emotional intensity of BELLA, the humor of JUNO, and the social ramifications of KRAMER vs KRAMER. (I know I have watched a good movie when a year later, I scan the video store shelf and I can remember the plot of the movie. Trust me,you will remember everything from this film.) Loved the line sincerely expressed by a friend to the new Mexican father, "You better learn English so you can understand your American baby when she starts speaking." Don't let the subtitles keep you away. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    This movie is such a great movie, I loved it. It made me laugh so much and cry towards the end. Very good story line, la la loved it. No one walked out of that movie disappointed they all agreed it was a fantastic movie. P.s dont forget your tissues
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    Comedy drama and the whole range of emotions in between; the story has definite cultural characteristics that make it more powerful if understood.

However, the conflict of values generated by the plot -a single, freedom loving beach bum in Acapulco faced with the responsibility of raising a daughter, traveling to a country he does not understand, and forging a happy life in the face of the most devastating adversity, is universal and should touch everyone's heart.

When an artist has the inspiration to move the audience from laughter to tears he has accomplished his goal of touching people's lives.

The critics have spoken, now the public is raving! A masterpiece of a great comedian.
    Go see it for yourself. Highly recommend it.
  4. Aug 31, 2013
    This movie is really good hope you guys can see it. Just the end is a bit different but is really good and sometimes is going up and down to fast from laugh to a drama but is super good
  5. Sep 1, 2013
    This movie was good from beginning to end. I love it. I hope everybody enjoys it as mush as me and my family did. Don't forget to take some tissue ur going to need it.
  6. Oct 1, 2013
    Great movie, very few movies make me cry an laugh at the same time, if you consider the $5 million budget, this movie is great hit, its a "must see" movie, in any language, in any country, you will get the message, Highly recomended.
  7. Sep 21, 2013
    This film works in so many ways. Although it has one or two moments that are melodramatic, even those moments work well. The ending is truly impressive and it has several themes and messages that are very positive such as confronting fear and the power of love. I would love to share this film with as many family members as possible.
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ESTA PELICULA ES SUPER RECOMENDADA, YA QUE LA PELÍCULA NARRA UNA HISTORIA SORPRENDENTE QUE MANTIENE ENTRETENIDO AL RECEPTOR! ADEMAS QUE NO ES UNA PELÍCULA MUY COMUN COMO LAS QUE ESTAMOS ACOSTUMBRADOS A MIRAR!| SINO QUE ES DIFERENTE POSITIVAMENTE HABLANDO! MUCHAS FELICIDADES A MÉXICO, PERO SOBRE TODO AL GRAN EUGENIO DERBEZ! Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    It is a movie to remember. It is one of the greatest comdys of all time. It will become a classic instantly.
    Eugenia Derbez is in one of his best performances of all time and the best since he ended the show la familia P. Luche. If you are going to the movies soon, I recommend you to see it you will not retreated.
  10. Sep 28, 2013
    Congratulations Mr. Eugenio Dervez. “Instructions Not Included’ turned out to be a good job. The Oscar for Best Foreign Film will be a good prize.

Widely recommend it because the person can go to the movies, spending time enjoying the comedy. Good job!
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    Si.
    Oui.
    Ja.
    Imo.
    Etc.

This movie is the best I have seen so far. It is actually the FIRST movie to actually make me laugh.
    it was a masterpiece beginning to end.
    and the ending. What a mind-twist.
    Those few bucks for that ticket are all worth it for this film.
  12. Sep 24, 2013
    This movie is just amazing, it has a lot of funny moments, but still, the story is really nice, and has nicely developed characters, it even made me cry... Still, has a lot of issues, but overall it's a really good movie.
  13. Oct 3, 2013
    I loved the movie it was funny, sad and unexpected situations in life. Most of this movie is fantastic to relate to with the charector at least me. Is a great movie.
  14. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. una película muy buena y especial, con mucha intensidad emocional, pasa de la tristeza a la risa, la dirección es muy buena como la fotOgrafia, el mismo director es el actor principal, una de las mejores peliculas que he visto, te la recomiendo Expand
  15. Jan 26, 2014
    One of the best family movies I have ever seen. Eugenio Derbez has directed and starred what I feel to be one of his best movies. As a father I would recommend this movie to any father out there no matter what language you speak. The underlying message can be appreciated by all.
  16. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers. . “Instructions not included” has become one of my favorite movies by just watching it once. It’s a great family movie about a Mexican single father raising his American daughter that was abandon by her mother in Mexico. The movie will make you laugh hysterically, cry, and think. Watching this movie with my family was a really nice because everyone enjoyed the movie just as much as I did.
    The movie starts out in Acapulco Mexico where a young single bachelor is surprised at the door by one of his American flings. She showed up at the door with a baby girl in her arms saying that it was their love child. While he was trying to take it all in she asked for money to go pay the taxi and never came back. He tried to go look for her and saw her board a plane to the U.S. So then he went and hitch hiked all the way to L.A with the baby to go find her mom. He went to look for her at a hotel where babies weren’t allowed and he left the baby down stairs. He went looking in a suit where a movie director was having auditions for a stunt man. When he barged in the room he saw the baby about to fall in the pool and jumped from the balcony to save her. The director offered him a job and told him he would get the baby taken away if he tried to take her back to Mexico. So he decided to take the job as a stunt man and start a new life for himself and his daughter.
    He was an excellent dad he gave his daughter everything she wanted. He struggled being a single dad but he made it all work out in his own creative ways. The two were like two peas in a pod nothing could keep them apart. The dad had doctor appointments and was always nervous to go to and so his daughter would always go with him. She would even take shots with her dad so he wouldn’t be scared. He seemed to be very worried since the doctor told him that the treatment they had tried hadn’t worked. Soon after that the long lost mother came around asking to see her daughter. When she came to see her she couldn’t get enough of the daughter she had once abandon. She then took the dad to court to fight for full custody so she could take her with her to New York. The dad won the full custody and the mom couldn’t believe it. She then asked to get a DNA test to check her daughter’s paternity and it showed that he wasn’t her real dad. The daughter and dad then walked all the way back to Acapulco where their journey first started. When the mom went to go look for them the dad’s boss told him that she had to find out what was really going on and she had to go look for them in Acapulco. She got there and found them playing in the beach. They were a happy family for about two weeks. One day on the beach when they were looking at the sunset the little girl fell asleep and never woke up. She had a rare disease that made her fall asleep almost instantly and one day she wouldn’t wake up from it. On her last days she was the happiest and had all she wanted and that was being by her parent’s side happily ever after.
    This movie really touched me just because you never know what can happen. After all the things the dad did for his little girl he was about to lose her in a blink of an eye. Nothing could stop him from being by his daughter and so he just walked away with her and was ready to start all over in another country. The love of a father is so big and sometimes it can be unappreciated as you grow up and that really made me think about my dad. A father’s love can never be out grown or replaced. This movie has me that things can happen unexpectedly and you have to figure out how to overcome it on your own. It will have you laughing from the beginning and through the entire move and in a second it will have your eyes watery. The title “Instructions not included” tells you that in life things can be thrown at you at any time and you have to figure out a solution on your own. The chemistry between the father and his daughter is so powerful and seems so real. It’s an excellent family movie with a great message. The overall story and how the plot all falls together just made it impossible to not watch. I recommend this movie to everyone and especially for a family night.

The ending of the movie is a real grabber, the sort of thing that lifts and improves a tediously long and otherwise mediocre film and tricks you into thinking it was better than it really was as you leave the theater.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael O'Sullivan
    Sep 6, 2013
    The film’s counterintuitive success is largely due to Derbez, who demonstrates why he is beloved, both south and north of the border.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Sep 5, 2013
    Instructions Not Included is a sporadically amusing but unduly protracted dramedy that slowly — very slowly — devolves into a shameless tearjerker during its third act.