New Line Cinema | Release Date: August 8, 2014
5.2
Mixed or average reviews based on 167 Ratings
WATCH NOW
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
Flashes of electrifying set pieces can't compensate for the chronic narrative anomalies and the overabundance of thinly sketched characters present in the disaster that is Into the Storm.
gadjitfreekAug 12, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK, so I went to see "Into The Storm". Wish I had been there with fellow storm chasers. I was nearly howling with laughter at certain points in the movie. They made all the same mistakes they made in Twister, but in some cases even more egregious. They totally ripped off Sean Casey and his TIV to the point where I'm shocked there wasn't legal action. Sure, the CGI in the tornadoes was miles better than Twister but the story and acting, if anything, was worse. And, once again, we have twisters appearing out of thin air at the bottom of stratus clouds and radar readings that show just nondescript cluster storms, moving in the WRONG DIRECTION. Their storms were heading SOUTHWEST in their screens. It wouldn't have taken much to get it right with the right consulting. The only storm that looked almost right was the first one and it looked as thought they ripped off the footage from a copter cam of a storm a few years ago. Honestly, Sharknado Two was better, at least that one knew it was low-rate and played on it. Still, glad I went to see it. The best part were the yahoos. I won't say more. Expand
OstrichGoatAug 25, 2014
Into the Storm is a disaster, no pun intended. The acting will have you cringing and the cliche ridden story bogs down the actually good visual effects. It seems like all the effort went into the effects and it shows, making this feel like anInto the Storm is a disaster, no pun intended. The acting will have you cringing and the cliche ridden story bogs down the actually good visual effects. It seems like all the effort went into the effects and it shows, making this feel like an updated Twister with less likeable characters. Expand
moviemitch96Aug 9, 2014
This film is so terrible I don't even feel like going into detail with a long review on this one. Basically all you need to know is that the acting sucks and there's basically no storyline other than tornadoes destroying a whole town the dayThis film is so terrible I don't even feel like going into detail with a long review on this one. Basically all you need to know is that the acting sucks and there's basically no storyline other than tornadoes destroying a whole town the day of a high school graduation. I give it a generous 1 just for some of the impressive effects. I thought I was saving myself by avoiding the new ninja turtles movie, but seeing this just convinced me that it's just a really bad week for new releases. Expand
PyongyangMayorAug 16, 2014
Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. I kept sorta open minded when I went into the theater (not a big fan of found footage movies) but this movie was just horrible. To people wanting to go to the theater this year to seeEasily one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. I kept sorta open minded when I went into the theater (not a big fan of found footage movies) but this movie was just horrible. To people wanting to go to the theater this year to see a movie, save your money. There isn't any blockbuster coming out this summer (except maybe Guardians of the Galaxy, though I'm not a big superhero fan). Expand
ajaydalmeidaOct 29, 2014
This is a below average disaster movie. The characters are forgettable, and time between the appearances of the tornado are quite unwatchable. The films only strong point are the special effects, which are good rather than great.
x295xAug 23, 2014
Call me an insensitive person but the beginning of the movie was terribly boring. There were so much unnecessary talking that I just wanted to walk out if the theatre — too frustrated to register all of the jibber jabber. However, as it goesCall me an insensitive person but the beginning of the movie was terribly boring. There were so much unnecessary talking that I just wanted to walk out if the theatre — too frustrated to register all of the jibber jabber. However, as it goes into the middle of the movie, it was mediocre... I was not that excited as I've been expecting. As it rolls into the end, it was just hands down weird... seriously. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Probably the worst movie of 2014? Expand
EpicLadySpongeDec 27, 2015
This movie deserved to be better, but it tried way too hard on the visual effects. 89 minutes about very special tornadoes striking Silverton, Oklahoma is not interesting at all.
BrianMcCriticNov 19, 2014
A film with good effects that fails to make you can about any of the characters who are in grave danger. The script is poor with second tier acting. A film that tries to be the new Twister is closer to Sharknado. D+
AxeTFeb 16, 2015
At least the big disaster movies of the seventies were made by adults generally for adults. This pitifully inept junk is made by shallow children, cast with shallow children, for shallow children. And it fails at that.
MyOpinionC0untsNov 22, 2014
I had no clue as to what was going on. frankly the plot had more holes than Bonnie & Clyde. I do recommend it though it is crap, you might enjoy it. but then get pissed of at how there is no plot, no ending, and how all the characters are asI had no clue as to what was going on. frankly the plot had more holes than Bonnie & Clyde. I do recommend it though it is crap, you might enjoy it. but then get pissed of at how there is no plot, no ending, and how all the characters are as stupid as, well Bonnie & Clyde. Expand
GuillermoBMJan 13, 2016
Summary: The tornado sequences are somewhat thrilling, but the writing is awful, and its found-footage format is confusing and unnecessary. 16/100 [D-]

The film starts well, the opening scene was just fine, even though since here you can realize how bad is the script. The first act begins with a guy recording with his camera and talking about stuff that nobody actually cares. This annoying guy called Donnie keeps talking about random stuff and introducing more characters such as: his dad performed Richard Armitage and his brother played by Nathan Kress. This whole character-development thing was boring and badly done. I almost fell asleep watching this. Give me some tornadoes! The good news is that when the film starts to deliver, it kind of delivers. Anyway, while I waiting for some tornadoes, there were some stupid gags and supposed-to-be-funny moments that were actually not so funny.

Its second act is not that bad, the first tornado scenes were short but all of them are quite edgy, but the found-footage was very confusing to me. It was difficult to know the difference between the found-footage scenes and the normal ones. Steven Quale directed the action sequences with energy and thinking about his audience. However, it is sad that Quale does not give a crap about the characters and the script. Near the end of the second act, there is an apology scene at the most purest style of The Blair Witch Project, it was so boring and ineffective. I literally fell asleep because it was so cheesy. I just can not believe that Quale directed this crap. It was instantly forgettable to me. After leaving the theater, I completely forgot the film.

As you can see in the trailer, there is an awesome fire tornado in the movie but this one is wasted by the stupid characters and the atrocious screenplay. This whole sequence could be epic, but the awful direction, CGI and script ruined it. The whole firenado sequence was visually good at first, but the director ruined it, you will see how. The final act contains a short, but mildly good looking F5 tornado sequence. This scene as you can see in the trailer, shows an airport being destroyed, trailers and cars flying through the sky, etc. I liked it and it was enjoyable to see, especially on a huge screen. Moving on, near the end some characters were in peril, but you know exactly what is going to happen. The movie was predictable and did not dare to do something different or surprising.

The characters were uninteresting and stupid. Some of them were painfully annoying. A perfect example is "Reevis" (performed by Jon Reep), and "Donk" (performed by Kyle Davis). Both were unnecessary and their lines were so damn idiotic. Who the hell wrote this? Even though Richard Armitage's character "Gary" was a nice presence, and Sarah Wayne Callies was generally good as "Allison", the atrocious script ruined them both. Overall the performances were decent, but my main problem here is the horrible script and the weak characterization. My conclusion is that the tornado sequences were somewhat enjoyable, but the writing and the characters were not interesting enough to keep me engaged. [D-]
SolInvictaMay 24, 2015
A disaster of a disaster film that takes unbelievability to new highs. Cool-looking tornados aren't enough to mask the awful writing and cringeworthy performances. It makes Twister look like Pulp Fiction.
XDMetalbabeAug 5, 2015
Don't waste your time watching this movie. After 25 minutes I couldn't watch anymore. It literally put me right to sleep. This movie was not worth the $9.00 I paid.