6.3

1. Jan 23, 2015
    I like Ip man movies i must say the first two parts was good maybe very good but this one disappointed me .I mean it's basically the same like the others but with a very little difference.In the hole movie Herman Yao show us only the ass-kicking ability of Ip man there was no interesting story .
  2. Jan 20, 2014
    I think Anthony Wong did an excellent job portraying the grandmaster Ip Man in his twilight years in Hong Kong. Full of some surprisingly great dialogue that is occasionally punctuated by fairly good fight scenes. The overarching plot didn't really do much for me and I didn't really invest in any of the supporting characters - understandably this film is about Ip Man so the focus isI think Anthony Wong did an excellent job portraying the grandmaster Ip Man in his twilight years in Hong Kong. Full of some surprisingly great dialogue that is occasionally punctuated by fairly good fight scenes. The overarching plot didn't really do much for me and I didn't really invest in any of the supporting characters - understandably this film is about Ip Man so the focus is largely on him. It did feel more like a filmed play than a movie production. An OK film but nothing to write home about. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    Sep 20, 2013
    Wong is such a fine, subtle actor that it comes as a surprise to find him a superb martial artist as well, as he convincingly demonstrates the superiority of Ip Man’s technique over competing schools.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Abrams
    Sep 20, 2013
    The filmmakers fall over themselves trying to respect Man's outlook on life, and this makes their subject seem more like a hyper-disciplined saint than a world-reknowned, ass-kicking hermit.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    Sep 19, 2013
    As a character study, Ip Man: The Final Fight would be more convincing if it didn’t look so distractingly like a Hollywood musical.