6.6

1. AustinT
    May 22, 2010
    I found this film to be highly disappointing. When I saw the first Iron Man, I was blown away by it. It was an epic, action packed adventure. Which included an excellent, easy to follow script and a great, entertaining story. One of the best super hero movies I had ever seen. This movie however couldn
  2. Nov 15, 2010
    I was pretty bored to tears while watching this movie. It's a real shame since the first one had some nice moments to it, the film just stays within the constraints of those people who would be satisfied with classifying every no-brain-required movie as "hey, it's just entertainment". Once again it could have more than the sum of its highly expensive parts and give us something otherI was pretty bored to tears while watching this movie. It's a real shame since the first one had some nice moments to it, the film just stays within the constraints of those people who would be satisfied with classifying every no-brain-required movie as "hey, it's just entertainment". Once again it could have more than the sum of its highly expensive parts and give us something other than by-the-book action sequence after sequence. Stark is pretty much the same except that now he has a bit of angst, but don't worry that's quickly solved by some BS that the writers threw in to wrap things up quite nicely. Nothing has importance or impact, and I was just waiting for the happy ending that inevitably followed. The only glimmer of light in the whole movie was Mickey Rourkes and Sam Rockwells performance. Let's end these superhero movies while we still have some diginity...or take a freakin leap of faith and someone start writing better ones instead. Expand
  3. Bill
    May 30, 2010
    Felt promising for the first 15 minutes or so, then it just didn't go anywhere. There was absolutely no suspense, no payoffs, no real emotion, not even any good laughs. To top it all off the film had some of the most boring action sequences I've seen in a recent superhero movie, and surprisingly few at that. It was as if the entire thing was just filler.
  4. Feb 29, 2012
    Its a 2 hour movie with what feels like 15 minutes action. Endless babbling plus a bad story. Waste of time except for kids. Great animations though. Its probably a good movie for the youngest.
  5. Steve
    May 17, 2010
    This movie was stupid. I dare anyone out there, including the script writers, to tell me what the point of the movie was. There are some dorky references to other super heroes, some things that seem like inside jokes to the geeks that think their comics are "good source material." The hero doesn't risk anything, nothing is lost, he's never really threatened by the villains, This movie was stupid. I dare anyone out there, including the script writers, to tell me what the point of the movie was. There are some dorky references to other super heroes, some things that seem like inside jokes to the geeks that think their comics are "good source material." The hero doesn't risk anything, nothing is lost, he's never really threatened by the villains, every problem was resolved easily and required no cleverness. SPOILER: Building a particle accelerator in your basement and creating a new element to fix his heart device is stupid - it's not even a level that Star Trek writers would sink to. Sam Jackson's side plot was distracting and pointless. The jokes were L-A-M-E...like tongue-in-cheek 1960's Batman lame. The only thing I can say good about Iron Man 2 is that Downy Jr. and Rourke are good at what they do. But I have a feeling if they weren't recovering drug addicts, we wouldn't be rooting for a 45 year old alcoholic corporate superhero fighting a 58 year old vodka-drinking villain. Expand
  6. JmieC
    May 26, 2010
    The movie was almost totally devoid of true excitement and tension. The closest it came to a a thrilling scene was the Monaco face off with Whiplash but that was over very quickly and what follows is largely a CGI-fest that was silly and boring. Very disappointing sequel.
  7. Oct 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a let down, I thought the first movie was pretty good (except for the fact that Iron man gets his %$# kicked by the bad guy and then defeats him without the need of his iron man powers!). The action scenes were boiler plate stuff, nothing special, the final battle was short and lame, and Downy's character was just plain annoying throughout the movie, and yes, once again Iron Man could not beat the bad guy with his Iron Man suit, he needs help this time around. Glad I waited to rent it! Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2010
    a big disappointment yet again all the summer blockbusters are overhyped rubbish as usual the sequel is not nearly as good as the first.All of us wait in anticipation and for what?
  9. Oct 8, 2010
    terrible, just awful. the clever discovery and good action and characters and humor and everything else from the great first movie is replaced by pure stupidity and disappointment.
  10. Mar 5, 2011
    When ironman 2 started I thought wow impressive, the effects were quite impressive, but then the story ends up spoiled, like a pair of spiked pants. The whole it becomes alot disorientational and uninspiring, I mean what the hell is going
    On here.
    Stark himself is a **** guy, suit gets robbed, drones, the wrestler with whips lmao seriously get a grip.
  11. Oct 25, 2010
    Paycheck movie extraordinaire.
    Paycheck movie extraordinaire.
    Just awful. RDjr's and Don Cheadle's talents are utterly wasted on this exercise in big budget Hollywood garbage. Gwynth Paltrow has no talent, so she's well within her element here. The writing is so uninspired, and the BIG part Jon Favreau plays is frankly lame, and not a little self serving. Where were the editors on this movie too, because it has massive balance problems, and endless filler scenes? This was no doubt a bridging movie to get us into the much vaunted trilogy territory. If there is an I.M.3, and it seems impossible there won't be, you can count me out.
  12. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie is a dud. It's just as bad as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Mickey Rourke as a Russian scientist? Give me a break, or at least my money back.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can’t put right for Iron Man 3.
  2. Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Isn't as much fun as its predecessor, but by the time the smoke clears, it'll do.