Iron Man 2

6.5

1. Apr 29, 2013
    Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic.Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic. Still a high recommendation to fans of the original Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau has done it again!
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    The movie is just an awesome creation of science fiction and this movie is glorifying the name of iron man in the top super hero names .The movie has great visual effects and Robert Downey jr has done a great job
  4. May 31, 2013
    This is the first Iron Man movie I've ever seen. It was actually pretty good. My only problem with this movie is that Iron Man isn't seen that much in the film. But all in all, it was a good sequel.
  5. Mar 2, 2015
    Good movie, sets up well after the first Iron Man. RDJ still seems like he was born to play the part, his sarcasm and arrogant wit totally make the movie worth. Gweneth Paltrow, despite me not liking her personally, seems to be coming more on her own as Pepper Pots. I thought Don Cheadle replacing Terrance Howard as Rhodey seemed a bit awkward and he seemed out of place, kind of similar toGood movie, sets up well after the first Iron Man. RDJ still seems like he was born to play the part, his sarcasm and arrogant wit totally make the movie worth. Gweneth Paltrow, despite me not liking her personally, seems to be coming more on her own as Pepper Pots. I thought Don Cheadle replacing Terrance Howard as Rhodey seemed a bit awkward and he seemed out of place, kind of similar to Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight. I felt Vanko/Whiplash had a lot of potential but seemed to take a backseat a bit to Justin Hammer by the movies end and I felt he was killed to easily. Rourke was great but by the time the movie was over, you felt as if his potential was wasted. Expand
  6. MikeB.
    May 17, 2010
    I would have given it a 7.5 if they hadn't shown Mickey Rourke's rotten fingernails so many times. Actually, they would had to have shown his fingernails zero times to get my 7.5 Dear Mickey Rourke's Fingernails: See you in my nightmares.
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    im not sure why this movie is rated so low? it had the perfect mix of action and comedy, had great acting ,an interesting storyline and some killer special effects. honestly what more could you ask for?
  8. Aug 14, 2010
    Sure, it isn't The Dark Knight, but its the near-perfect blend of action, drama and humor that makes Iron Man 2, one of the best comic-book films of all-time, and undoubtedly, one of this year's best films as well. A 10/10.
  9. Oct 9, 2010
    "Iron Man 2 is one of the sequels that by far beats out its Predecessor .. I loved every second of this thrill to the min Extravaganza ,Robert Downy Jr. Was Brilliant as Tony Stark .. a MUST SEE for everyone!" .. A
  10. Sep 29, 2010
    I'm giving this a 1 since it fails on so many levels. I go to the movies to escape reality / this film had too many political overtones. It felt like whatever script was available fell away only to be replaced with a jabbering/chattering Robert Downy Jr. His character seemed like a horny 11 year old amped up on caffeine and sugar. The first Iron Man had some meat to it, a decent story withI'm giving this a 1 since it fails on so many levels. I go to the movies to escape reality / this film had too many political overtones. It felt like whatever script was available fell away only to be replaced with a jabbering/chattering Robert Downy Jr. His character seemed like a horny 11 year old amped up on caffeine and sugar. The first Iron Man had some meat to it, a decent story with a great mystery which was portrayed with great acting and outstanding special effects. This film just has special effects, nothing else. Expand
  11. BKL
    Nov 5, 2010
    Iron Man yet again rocks the house in this hair raising thriller when he faces his newest rival, Ivan Vanko. With better effects, sound, picture, & action, Iron Man 2 will have you wanting more before the credits even roll.
  12. Aug 24, 2010
    Although the first movie was much better, this was still a lot of fun! Highly recommended for all to see. Don't forget to see Robert Downey Jr. in Sherlock Holmes, too!
  13. Sep 15, 2010
    Even though the movie is not as exciting or surprising like the first installment, this second part is still great superhero entertainment with a good script and nicely done action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow stand out once again with their great characters even more on this film. Yet, the change of the actor of the lieutenant may have not been for the best, because DonEven though the movie is not as exciting or surprising like the first installment, this second part is still great superhero entertainment with a good script and nicely done action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow stand out once again with their great characters even more on this film. Yet, the change of the actor of the lieutenant may have not been for the best, because Don Cheadle does not show enough emotional friendship with Tony Stark. Still, it is a movie worth to check out! Expand
  14. Nov 9, 2010
    Good, but not nearly as good as the first one. Somehow Mickey Rourke builds a super suit and still gets his ass kicked by Ironman?? Can't stand the good guy always winning every battle no matter what the odds storyline. I guess it's worth watching
  15. May 1, 2015
    This movie may not have such a battle against an enemy but it was very well composed, there are funny aspects in the movie, there's action (but not that much as expected), and the story behind makes it worth.
  16. IsaacV
    Jun 6, 2010
    Even better than the first but only by an inch.
  17. carlosl.
    May 17, 2010
    A blast to watch! Keep an open mind when watching tough cause the movie does not do a good job explaining things.
  18. JuneQ.
    May 18, 2010
    Cool movie. You got action, you got drama.
  19. MarshallC
    May 30, 2010
    Not nearly as good as the first, but still entertaining enough. Tony Stark is a caricature of his comic counterpart and that's what makes this inferior to its predecessor.
  20. ANTWIANF
    Jun 11, 2010
    I liked it but won't watch it again. scarlett was a major plus but should have had more action scenes. the final fight scene with mick was way too short and confusing.for mickey to be a genius he should have lasted longer. paltrow as ceo,hmm, nevertheless it was a good action flick.
  21. JacobL
    Jun 5, 2010
    I like super hero movies and I liked the first Iron man. After hearing all the hype and after numerous interferences I was finally able to check Iron Man out. AFter seeing it all I can say is that it was worth seeing but it wasn't as gripping as the first one. Iron Man 2 picks up shortly after the previous film The government is either considering Iron Man a threat or they want him I like super hero movies and I liked the first Iron man. After hearing all the hype and after numerous interferences I was finally able to check Iron Man out. AFter seeing it all I can say is that it was worth seeing but it wasn't as gripping as the first one. Iron Man 2 picks up shortly after the previous film The government is either considering Iron Man a threat or they want him to hand over the suit;but that's not that important. Also, there is a new villain on the scene called Ivan. On top of that Tony is dying. Here's my take on the story. The whole dying thing is interesting but it never really feels that critical. Now that the bad is out of the way lets talk about the good. Ivan is an awesome villain. The actor who plays him does a great job at bringing the character to life and making him interesting. On top of that, the villain's motivation is much more clear that the previous one's. As far as action goes the movie does not disappoint. All the action was awesome. However, I couldn't really get into. This was due either to the fact that I'm more mature or the fact that people were talking during the movie. Either way I was still able to enjoy the action but wasn't fully engrossed in it. One final thing I'd like to bring up is as always Robert Downey Jr. gives a spectacular performance creating a like able protagonist thats interesting. All and all Iron Man 2 is a good movie. The characters are interesting and the action is good. What prevents it from getting the solid 10/10 is the fact that it didn't suck me in as well as the first. Long story short if you liked the first Iron Man go see this one;but, if you didn't like the first one then don't see the sequel because it won't change your mind. P.S. For those of you who decide to see it, make sure that your expectations aren't set too high because if they are then this movie will probably disappoint you 5x more than it did for me. Expand
  22. EricJ.
    May 14, 2010
    Definitely better than I was led to believe. They touch on all of the major Iron Man plot components that my comic geek friends said they should (such as Tony Stark's alcoholism) while still being entertaining. Not as good as the first onr, but still worth the price of admission.
  23. JeffB.
    May 15, 2010
    Lots of fun, preserves quite a lot of what made the first one fun while carrying the narrative forward. Definitely settings things up for the Avengers!
  24. BethC.
    May 17, 2010
    The story doesn't have the depth of the original, and Mickey Rourke's motivation for revenge is left a little murky. And I can't believe Gwyneth Paltrow's character as a CEO. But Robert Downey's still convincing, Scarlett Johanssen gets to kick butt, there's a great car chase at the Grand Prix - and, hey, it's a lot a fun.
  25. DanF
    May 20, 2010
    Don't understand all the hate myself. I've seen it twice now, and it's tremendously enjoyable. Like Star Trek, this movie is a super good time, and I love Downey Jr. Lots of funny moments, good fight sequences and really, not remotely confusing. I love Rockwell as the Hammer industries guy, and the senator is great in his role. I think people just want to hate on sequels. Don't understand all the hate myself. I've seen it twice now, and it's tremendously enjoyable. Like Star Trek, this movie is a super good time, and I love Downey Jr. Lots of funny moments, good fight sequences and really, not remotely confusing. I love Rockwell as the Hammer industries guy, and the senator is great in his role. I think people just want to hate on sequels. I'm pretty picky about my movies, and this was on par with the first Iron Man. I don't think they were trying to create Batman; that's not who Iron Man is, so, naturally, the movie isn't about that. He's a cavalier super hero, and it's a cavalier, entertaining time. Expand
  26. DominicD
    May 22, 2010
    I enjoyed this movie, it wasn't as good as the first movie, but it still kept me entertained and that's what I expected going into this movie. The best things about this movie was Scarlett Johanssen's fight scene, Mickey Rourke's and Robert Downey's acting chops and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.
  27. Marcus
    May 24, 2010
    Great movie. Decent plot, solid acting, a lot of action and many "Laugh Out Loud" moments. In my opinion, it's just as good as it's predecessor. Either way, I definitely recommend watching this movie. Comic fans should definitely stay for the after-credits. Can't wait for the Avengers this 2012!
  28. BenS
    May 16, 2010
    I have a lot of complaints about this movie and I ultimately think it could have been great if they had gone in a different direction. That being said, I thought it was alot of fun, which is all that counts. Downey is great once again. The story line of Tony Stark's barrillium heart killing him and his subsequent self-destruction is the main point of interest. The Justin Hammer I have a lot of complaints about this movie and I ultimately think it could have been great if they had gone in a different direction. That being said, I thought it was alot of fun, which is all that counts. Downey is great once again. The story line of Tony Stark's barrillium heart killing him and his subsequent self-destruction is the main point of interest. The Justin Hammer character was a hoot. The scene with Whiplash at the Grand Prix was very good, as was the house fight between Stark and Rhodey, which is greatly enhanced by the mashup work of the late DJ AM. Jon Favreau again does a very good directional job. And while they ultimately didn't need to be in the movie, I can never complain about the presence of the ultrasexy Scarlett Johannsen or the so-cool-he's-ice-cold Samuel L. Jackson. Those are the positives, there are some negatives, but I won't mention them because the good outweighs the bad. Expand
  29. Darrius
    May 18, 2010
    Better than the first; more action, deeper plot. However, there are some UNREALISTIC scenes. Overall a good sequel.
  30. AnthonyB
    May 18, 2010
    If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. It's basically the same movie.
  31. DavidR.
    May 18, 2010
    Great movie funny action way more action well done director special effects were awesome. best film of the year 2010.
  32. HamblamHamblam
    May 24, 2010
    One of best super hero movie ever!
  33. JamesP
    May 27, 2010
    Not terribly original nor subject area accurate, but quite a lot of fun and LOL throughout. Good acting and amazing SFX.
  34. SabrinaF.
    Jun 15, 2010
    I loved this movie! is was like the perfect sequel to iron man!
  35. Aug 11, 2010
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I preferred this film to 'Iron Man'. It is funnier, the action sequences are more creative, and the presence of Mikey Rourke does wonders for the film.
  36. Aug 11, 2010
    When "Iron Man" was released in the early summer of 2008 it took the box-office and critics for a ride they would soon never forget, its huge critical and commercial success and Robert Downey Jr.'s natural charm and appeal as the hero Tony Stark landed this larger than life comic book adaptation amongst the ranks of greats such as Tim Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Returns",When "Iron Man" was released in the early summer of 2008 it took the box-office and critics for a ride they would soon never forget, its huge critical and commercial success and Robert Downey Jr.'s natural charm and appeal as the hero Tony Stark landed this larger than life comic book adaptation amongst the ranks of greats such as Tim Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Returns", Christopher Nolan's "Batman reboot "Batman Begins" and the number 2 greatest Batman film of all time, "The Dark Knight", "Richard Donner's "Superman" and "Superman II" and many other great comic book films. "Iron Man" also brought back to life the fledgling career of Robert Downey Jr. Shooting him straight to the top of superstar status after "Iron Man" finished it's run in theaters everyone had one question on there minds, when is the sequel coming out? Moviegoers waited anxiously to hear any news at all of a sequel to Jon Favreau's smash hit film. A few months after the closing of â Expand
  37. Nov 3, 2010
    It's sufficiently entertaining but it could have been a lot better. The plot doesn't make much sense, and a lot of the characters are just annoying.
  38. Sep 28, 2010
    Iron Man 2 is a very good superhero film. The action scenes are pretty awesome,the story gets very well,but for my letdown size is that it gets too much corky scenes and it has dumbest dialogues for getting over the top. Mickey Rourke was so awesome as Whiplash,that will be my favorite villain in my top. Scarlett Johansson was awesome as Black Widow and she's kind of hot in the way,but farIron Man 2 is a very good superhero film. The action scenes are pretty awesome,the story gets very well,but for my letdown size is that it gets too much corky scenes and it has dumbest dialogues for getting over the top. Mickey Rourke was so awesome as Whiplash,that will be my favorite villain in my top. Scarlett Johansson was awesome as Black Widow and she's kind of hot in the way,but far the hottest marvel chick ever! Don Cheadle did good,but the same person like Terrence Howard does,but I prefer Howard better. Robert Downey Jr. plays very good,but not much as good since the first one. I've just seen him every scene that gets more dumber and to be so stupid in the way and like I said it's more over the top and even gets weirder. So I really like this movie,but I heart times that I love is the first Iron Man movie that I always love to watch. But enjoy,not bad but in the good way. Expand
  39. Aug 17, 2010
    It had some flaws, but overall I thought it was a great film. Robert Downey Jr. is one of my favorite actors from Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, he's definitely great. This movie definitely entertained me, it didn't get boring like some movies do on sequels at least.
  40. Aug 17, 2010
    A fun movie to watch even with the lack of plot. Story was so-so, acting was pretty good, but it just felt as if this IM2 was a bridge to the 3rd Iron Man movie who will hopefully be much better.
  41. Aug 22, 2010
    Meets expectations. That is all I wanted to say but there is a 150 character minimum for reviews, 131 more characters then I needed to make my point.
  42. May 10, 2011
    The first Iron Man was very good and enjoyable. Iron Man 2 was bigger than the first one. Bigger explosions, funny dialogue, and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. as he basically embodied Tony Stark with an updated change to his character. But the sequel is no "The Dark Knight". I still enjoyed but I just felt like something was missing.
  43. Dec 5, 2010
    It doesnt out-do its predecessor like The Dark Knight did, but it gives the original justice. It's the effective sequel and it does an amazing job with what its given. The action is still great, the jokes are still funny, the acting is still great, and the character's are still interesting. Although with Stark's condition it's a little less optimistic than its predecessor, but that doesntIt doesnt out-do its predecessor like The Dark Knight did, but it gives the original justice. It's the effective sequel and it does an amazing job with what its given. The action is still great, the jokes are still funny, the acting is still great, and the character's are still interesting. Although with Stark's condition it's a little less optimistic than its predecessor, but that doesnt ruin it, nor does it make it bad. It's not as good as the first but it's still a grest and effective sequel Expand
  44. Sep 12, 2010
    I quite liked it. A couple of plot holes (like, if Scarlet Johanssen could hack Rhodey's suit from the Hammer terminal, why couldn't she call off the drones, etc), but all in all a fun, enjoyable movie, and I thought everyone onscreen turned in great performances.

The complaints about confusing plots and multiple villains are really pretty laughable. The first had multiple villains, and the plot is pretty straightforward assuming you were kind enough to leave a little paste uneaten in grade school.
  45. Sep 15, 2010
    I personally thought it was same old, same old. I didn't love Iron Man 1, but I still liked it. Same goes for this sequel. However, this movie did get me pumped for movies like Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers!
  46. Oct 18, 2010
    The second Iron Man film by its own standards is a fun comic book film that stands tall over your basic comic book efforts. However it generally comes across so flat in tone, lacking any real danger that it comes across more like a pointless and unneccessary extension of the first Iron Man. It is however filled with great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and the supporting cast but aThe second Iron Man film by its own standards is a fun comic book film that stands tall over your basic comic book efforts. However it generally comes across so flat in tone, lacking any real danger that it comes across more like a pointless and unneccessary extension of the first Iron Man. It is however filled with great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and the supporting cast but a sequel that has so much potential that instead settles for being merely mediocre is close to being unforgiveable. That said however, it still could have been much worse and still remains a fun watch. Expand
  47. Oct 31, 2010
    10 SUPERB!

This movie is sublime in every way. I totally love it :) I heard a lot of negative stuff about it, and because of that i didn't go to the theater to see, but man, am i sorry i didn't go!!!
    I do NOT understand the criticism it has hat...in no way!
  48. Nov 23, 2010
    Though not nearly as inspired as the first, this summer sequel boasts solid effects, some sweet action scenes, comedy and with characterization by a great cast. It is a good film, not the best, but definitely worth a good look.
  49. May 28, 2011
    I was a bit disappointed with the first movie and to be honest, I think this sequel is better. Great special effects and Mickey Rourke was fantastic as well as Robert Downey Jr. who was as energetic as always.
  50. Jan 11, 2011
    There is something exciting every time we watch Iron Man. Complete action-packed, great characters interest, and interludes with effective humors. Tony Starks is an eccentric, self-centered (even sometimes looks childish) but genius multi-billionaire who builds Iron Man suit. Thiz time, he faced health issue and ready to confront another threads from his business rival, Justin Hammer (SamThere is something exciting every time we watch Iron Man. Complete action-packed, great characters interest, and interludes with effective humors. Tony Starks is an eccentric, self-centered (even sometimes looks childish) but genius multi-billionaire who builds Iron Man suit. Thiz time, he faced health issue and ready to confront another threads from his business rival, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) and mysterious Whiplash (Mickey Rourke). In the first Iron Man two years ago, I said to everyone that Tony Starks was too humanist on the movie, that was wrong. Starks should be appears more **** to fill his original character (If you asked me thiz kind of stuff, well, comics was my world. I remembered my dad bought me first Iron Man issue from overseas). But on thiz sequel, Iron Man character really fills my expectations. Robert Downey Jr. acted amazingly well, continues his first exhilarating performance. The most powerful element in Iron Man movies is definitely Downey Jr. Mickey Rourke is our other attention after his Oscar-nominated THE WRESTLER (2008). He is playing save on his villain-character and it looked well. On the fight scene, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow was surprisingly kick-ass. I did not know was the camera angle or the fight choreography which made it worked, but Johansson really left behind her girly image. Unfortunately, I do not like Nick Fury character (Samuel L. Jackson) which reconstructs from Fury original character. Other Casts were: Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, etc. The movie directed by an actor who luckily thrived on thiz franchise, Jon Favreau. Some of his Directing credits were ZATHURA: A SPACE ADVENTURE(2005) and the comedy ELF (2003). It is almost very difficult to say thiz movie is not a good one. Apparently it is an excellent and entertaining movie for everyone. Cannot wait for another Starks Expo!

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  51. Jan 22, 2011
    It's disappointing that Iron Man 2 has a case of sequel-idus, with too many characters crammed and a few too man plot lines for you to really be engaged with all of the characters. Still though, Iron Man 2 has excellent acting, stellar and improved action, great special effects, and good humor. It is not as good as the first, but for a fun summer blockbuster, you can't go wrong with Iron Man 2.
  52. Feb 10, 2012
    Though not as smart or inventive as its predecessor, Iron Man 2 is an entertaining follow-up to the 2008 movie. In fact, in terms of action scenes and villains, this movie is better. Sam Rockwell is good as Justin Hammer, Tony Stark's oily competitor and Mickey Rourke presents a threat as Whiplash. However, the movie isn't as witty or as clever as before. Iron Man 2 is constructed like aThough not as smart or inventive as its predecessor, Iron Man 2 is an entertaining follow-up to the 2008 movie. In fact, in terms of action scenes and villains, this movie is better. Sam Rockwell is good as Justin Hammer, Tony Stark's oily competitor and Mickey Rourke presents a threat as Whiplash. However, the movie isn't as witty or as clever as before. Iron Man 2 is constructed like a typical superhero movie and while this is not the worst thing in the world, it does make the story feel a little more by-the-numbers. Performances are good all round, especially Downey Jr., who clearly enjoys playing the eccentric billionaire. Expand
  53. Jun 15, 2011
    Great follow up of the first Iron Man. Tony Stark is yet again well portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. and the cast got a really nice add from the Avengers (yes, I'm pointing out Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow). Plot is great, action is great and acting is great. Great super-hero movie!
  54. Jul 17, 2011
    I usually hate recast sequels. It's just the principal of continuity. Whether it be The Mummy 3 or the Matrix sequels I hate to see actors get yanked in favor of other actors or replacement characters. Sometimes it can work. Iron Man 2 isn't made better by the inclusion of Don Cheadle, but it doesn't suffer either. Cheadle creates his own take on Rhodes/War Machine. There are few actorsI usually hate recast sequels. It's just the principal of continuity. Whether it be The Mummy 3 or the Matrix sequels I hate to see actors get yanked in favor of other actors or replacement characters. Sometimes it can work. Iron Man 2 isn't made better by the inclusion of Don Cheadle, but it doesn't suffer either. Cheadle creates his own take on Rhodes/War Machine. There are few actors that can step into a role they didn't originate and not screw it up. I consider IM2 one of the pleasing exceptions of recasting. Kudos. Expand
  55. Jan 21, 2012
    After the first film I waited a little bit more. I don't say I didn't enjoy it because it was great but the story line was too predictable. Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was awesome.
  56. Jul 5, 2011
    This is a very good movie. I don't think it has the great story of the first one. But I'm going to say it's better just because this one has more fight scenes and is more exciting.
  57. Dec 27, 2011
    Enjoyable, not as enjoyable as the first - dragged a smidge in the middle and the whole thing felt at times like a giant trailer for the Avengers. B-. I am sure anyone who was going to see it already has though. On a random side note, I am positive the trailers for this movie showed a scene with Tony jumping out of a plane and saying to Pepper "You complete me!" - This did not appear inEnjoyable, not as enjoyable as the first - dragged a smidge in the middle and the whole thing felt at times like a giant trailer for the Avengers. B-. I am sure anyone who was going to see it already has though. On a random side note, I am positive the trailers for this movie showed a scene with Tony jumping out of a plane and saying to Pepper "You complete me!" - This did not appear in the movie, I hate it when trailers show scenes that aren't actually in the release version of the film. Expand
  58. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man for me was something I was looking forward to, but I wasn't necessarily jazzed about it. It was a pretty good though, and it actually might be my 2nd best comic book origin film, next to X Men First Class. So going into this sequel to Iron Man, I kind of felt the same way, I was looking forward to it, but I wasn't super stoked about it. But let me tell you, I think you might be somewhat shocked about this, but I think Iron Man 2 is actually a bit better than Iron Man. I won't say everything that is better than Iron Man, but I will say parts in the middle of Iron Man dragged for me. Not that the movie was too long, but for some reason it dragged in the middle for me. Now getting on with Iron Man 2, Tony Stark in this sequel haves three main things going against him. The government wants Tony's suit, Tony's health condition is getting worse, and than there's a mysterious man that seems to feel wronged by Tony's actions from the 1st movie. As far as the villians in this movie, I feel Mickey Rourke as the villian in this movie is the strongest performance just behind Robert Downey Jr. This time there seems to be less action in this one. The plot though is good and there's good character development. The cgi and action in this is great. The only real flaw in the movie is I thought Ivan Vanko could have used a few scenes in the middle of the film. Also the last encouter when Ivan uses his ultra suit at the end, went a bit too fast. Overall I thought this movie was great and funny. Compared to Iron Man, I give that an 8.2 out of 10, and I give Iron Man 2 an 8.4 out of 10 Expand
  59. Aug 22, 2011
    Like the first movie the humor and action are still there but this one dealing out more action while going hand in hand with the storyline of the comics. A fantastic watch and well deserving the acclaim it's getting.
  60. May 11, 2012
    I find that Iron Man 2 is just as good as the first. Robert Downey Jr. gives another great performance, the story is plentyful, and the action is brilliant.
  61. Jan 4, 2012
    The biggest flaw of the film is how they pause the action just to show you upgrades to the suit. It was interesting to see what was so different about each suit but to do it right in the middle of a fight takes away all the excitement of the fight that is happening. I didnt mind the plot either but it could have been a lot more interesting and it could have taken a lot less time toThe biggest flaw of the film is how they pause the action just to show you upgrades to the suit. It was interesting to see what was so different about each suit but to do it right in the middle of a fight takes away all the excitement of the fight that is happening. I didnt mind the plot either but it could have been a lot more interesting and it could have taken a lot less time to explain.

I did like how it featured a lot of interesting action through out. I liked the addition of Don Cheadle (as Terrance Howard's replacement) and Robert Downey Jr gave a great performance as well. I suprisingly liked it a lot more then the first film.
  62. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was nowhere near as good as the first one. First of all, I hate when they replace main characters in movies. I understand that it's not necessarily the fault of the film but replacing Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle affects the feel of the movie; similar to when they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gylenhaul in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. Also, a technology that was pushed to be so incredible and impossible to replicate in the first installment is thrown around in this movie like if it's no more rare than an std. Lastly, similar to the first film, there were some huge plot holes. If a villain's weapons are a sort of lasso, wouldn't common sense tell you to just fire on him from outside of the lasso range? I would certainly think a genius like Tony Stark would be able to figure that out. Also, if you access the main computer and can reset the War Machine, why couldn't you also reset the others? Nonetheless, Robert Downey Jr. once again proves to be a top notch actor in Hollywood and the movie's transition to the "Avengers" adds some excitement to an otherwise quick and overrated ending. Still, I was a little disappointed. Expand
  63. Aug 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie possesses many of the same elements as the first movie, but it wasn't as "calm and collected"; the scenes seemed sometimes unrelated without an actual thread to tie them firmly together. Don't get me wrong, it isn't as bad as it sounds, and I'm sure viewing the movie again will make it seem different.

And believe me, if you'll like this one, you'll want to see it again. Soon.

I had very high expectations, perhaps because "Iron Man" was and is one of my all-time favorites. I was disappointed that Rhodey's actor had been changed, but I like Don Cheadle and he did really well. He had a bigger part to play in this movie than the first one, for sure.

Same cannot be said for everyone else. The character played by Scarlett Johansson was one of the weakest, and not because of her acting, but because of the script. She just didn't have any real point being there, and many of the characters seemed to drown into the mass of events that took place around them.

Many elements, alongside Johansson's character, were very quickly introduced. Nick Fury and the involvement of S.H.I.E.L.D. were all based on the quick piece at the end of the first movie (has everyone seen it?), and it seemed a bit too much to ask to immediately bring them in without explanations.

Other than that, I must say I liked the movie. Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant, Tony Stark even edgier, more erratic than ever, struggling with multiple difficulties at once (SPOILERS: USA government wanting his armor, old family "colleague" wanting revenge, his blood poisoned by the very thing keeping him alive, and a rival company wanting him out of the game for good /SPOILERS).

There were several insanely funny scenes, not to mention plenty of cracks at the comics, of which some were lost to me since I'm not overly familiar with them. All the action looked good, although there was a bit too much going on on the screen at places.

Either way, this movie shall go to my favorites, and no doubt stick there.

Ps. there is once again a little treat waiting at the end of the credits.
  64. Mar 7, 2012
    This second part of Iron Man have great things: 1) The Cast,2) Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, 3) War Machine ,4) Black Widow, but the biggest problem, is that is not like the first part. Is some tired. But is a great film.
  65. Apr 19, 2012
    This movie was good,but I'm disappointed about the action scenes,I mean there were too many people talking and there was a few minutes of action,the first one didn't have much action because it was the start,but I expected this one to be better,the action might be bad but it is a good movie.I hope Ironman 3 will have more action scenes.
  66. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the first, but it's still worth watching. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Iron Man and does a great job portraying him. The visuals and the CGI are still brilliant but the problem with "Iron Man 2" is the script.
  67. Mar 16, 2013
    Against my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point isAgainst my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point is that too many things in this film are unrealistic and as in Iron Man, there are a lot of so-called “Cinema Sins” like stupid dialogues, obvious goofs or simply illogicality. That is quite an issue, but doesn't prevent this movie from being an even better superhero-movie than the original. Expand
  68. Aug 8, 2012
    I did like Iron Man 2, the comedy and action was still there, but you knew what the final 'Boss fight' would be almost from the beginning, iron man vs the bad guy who makes a suit for himself.
  69. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avengeIron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avenge his father's legacy that he believes has been ruined due to Stark's father. He attempts to recreate the arc reactor which is also powering Stark's heart as a power source to fuel his electric whips as he becomes Whiplash. Stark meanwhile is dying due to the stress on his arc reactor, as he is losing his lustre. After Vanko attempts to murder Stark, he is abducted in prison by Stark's buisness competitor, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) as they form an alliance to bring down Stark industry's. Compared to Iron Man: Iron Man 2 makes for a very well made sequel and should definently be viewed by those who enjoyed Iron Man. Opinion: Very well done a worthy sequel Expand
  70. Nov 28, 2012
    Doesn't even flick a booger in the direction of the first film, but it still remains a pretty entertaining action bout.
  71. Jan 17, 2013
    I'm actually disappointed about this movie. I'm big fan of the first
  72. May 4, 2013
    I think the numbering of the Iron Man movies is appropriate, With the first one being the best by far, this one being the second best, and the third one failed as far as following the comics go. Ironman 2 is one of the best action movies to date. I could watch that last scene where War Machine and Iron Man are back to back any day. Although the movie took a while to get up to speed, thisI think the numbering of the Iron Man movies is appropriate, With the first one being the best by far, this one being the second best, and the third one failed as far as following the comics go. Ironman 2 is one of the best action movies to date. I could watch that last scene where War Machine and Iron Man are back to back any day. Although the movie took a while to get up to speed, this is still one of the best Marvel movies to date. Expand
  73. Jul 29, 2014
    It might not be as awesome as the previous installment of Iron Man, but it's still entertaining to watch.

The things that really impress me is the great CGI, the opening scene, the music and the great action of Tony Stark's Iron Man. The movie truly is entertaining and cool to watch, even though there might have been a little to much (and boring) conversations between the actors, and that the amount of action was lower than the in the first Iron Man film. Iron Man 2 also felt more unserious than the previous movie.

Not as entertaining as the first Iron Man, but it's great to watch!

Iron Man 2 gets a 8/10
  74. Aug 3, 2013
    Although it doesn't contain the depth that made the first Iron Man memorable, it still has plenty of wit and humor that the first one had and enough explosive action to go around.
  75. Nov 14, 2014
    The movie is cheesy at times but it was overall a very good movie. i think that the special affects were really good and it had the same quality as most marvel movies.
  76. Nov 27, 2013
    A not bad/not-great sequel to the original Iron Man. The fault lies in the films inability to stand on its own and instead becomes the prologue to "The Avengers"
  77. Dec 9, 2014
    Iron Man 2 is an awesome movie which features plenty of action and great CGI. It has an interesting plot and is highly recommended for everyone. Overall, this is a pretty good movie.
  78. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט איירון מן הכי גרוע, לא כולל את הערימת חרא שלא ראויה להיקרא סרט "איירון מן 3" ותכלס סרט לא כל כך גרוע כמו שכולם אומרים, יש בו מלא סצינות יפות, פחות אוהבים אותו בגלל שהוא פשוט פחות טוב מהראשון
  79. Jul 27, 2014
    Iron man 2 fails to be even close to the first movie but its still an alright superhero flick mostly thanks to Robert d Jnr acting as Tony Stark.

my ratting 7.2/10 action/special effects 7/10 acting 8/10 story 7/10 style 7/10 characters/character development 7/10
  80. Oct 18, 2014
    In Iron Man 2, the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored super hero, Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes atIn Iron Man 2, the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored super hero, Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces. Expand
  81. Aug 6, 2015
    Iron Man 2 cuenta con un increíble reparto, con grandes actuaciones (Robert Downey Jr sigue siendo brillante y excelente) y unos excelentes efectos especiales. Pero a diferencia de su primera parte (que es de las mejores películas de super héroes que eh visto) pierde ese toque de humor negro que se presentaba en su antecesora, ademas, las secuencias de acción no solo dejan mucho queIron Man 2 cuenta con un increíble reparto, con grandes actuaciones (Robert Downey Jr sigue siendo brillante y excelente) y unos excelentes efectos especiales. Pero a diferencia de su primera parte (que es de las mejores películas de super héroes que eh visto) pierde ese toque de humor negro que se presentaba en su antecesora, ademas, las secuencias de acción no solo dejan mucho que desear, sino también hay muy pocas secuencias de acción, de hecho hay mas dialogo que acción en esta segunda parte. No es una mala película, pero sin duda deja mucho que desear. Expand
  82. Jan 16, 2015
    Iron Man 2 è un film spettacolare,con una trama fantastica ed emozionante,il migliore della trilogia dedicata al supereroe ed il miglior film Marvel assieme a The Avengers e Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  83. Dec 16, 2014
    Iron Man 2 has some things that were better than Iron Man (better effects and action) and some things worse (character development and pacing). But Iron Man 2 is still a great and fun movie to watch even if you aren't a die hard Marvel fan. 8/10 (Great)
  84. May 11, 2015
    Iron Man 2 was a really solidly entertaining sequel to the first movie. Robert Downey Jr's health problem throughout made for an interesting basis for a conflict, as it isolated him while also providing opportunities for personal reflection and growth on his part. The back story with his father was also a neat opportunity to explore Robert Downey Jr's character, while the introduction ofIron Man 2 was a really solidly entertaining sequel to the first movie. Robert Downey Jr's health problem throughout made for an interesting basis for a conflict, as it isolated him while also providing opportunities for personal reflection and growth on his part. The back story with his father was also a neat opportunity to explore Robert Downey Jr's character, while the introduction of Scarlett Johansson's character gave him a good reason to argue with Gwynaeth Paltrow and develop that romantic interest. I thought there was a good pace and a lot of action, and I always really enjoy the planning scenes where he's tinkering in his workshop--the special effects for all the displays are visually engaging, and some of the best banter is between Robert Downey Jr and his computers. Also, this movie has really good villains--the Russian villain is menacing in his efficacy, and he has a great foil in the inept and utterly detestable CEO who's hired him to try to ruin Stark. Overall I thought this was a solid addition to the franchise. Expand
  85. Mar 13, 2015
    Robert Downey Jr. personifies his role as Iron Man; his dry humor, his one liners, his ability to handle fan fare, and an ego the size of Antarctica. Despite the reviews, I liked seeing Sam Rockwell in this too, I thought he made a good rival. This is not a straight superhero/supervillain fight to the death kind of movie; there is a lot of dialogue and plot that helps lead to theRobert Downey Jr. personifies his role as Iron Man; his dry humor, his one liners, his ability to handle fan fare, and an ego the size of Antarctica. Despite the reviews, I liked seeing Sam Rockwell in this too, I thought he made a good rival. This is not a straight superhero/supervillain fight to the death kind of movie; there is a lot of dialogue and plot that helps lead to the Avengers. I enjoyed it though, and I think you will too. Expand
  86. May 23, 2015
    I honestly think that this Iron Man is the best of the 3 (that are out as of 2015). The original comes in a close second. This movie features more more action, more blowing stuff up, and more Iron Man! It also introduces War Machine, who serves as a nice addition to the movie. It's written well with some humor and some dark parts. It still stands as one of my favorite Marvel movies (butI honestly think that this Iron Man is the best of the 3 (that are out as of 2015). The original comes in a close second. This movie features more more action, more blowing stuff up, and more Iron Man! It also introduces War Machine, who serves as a nice addition to the movie. It's written well with some humor and some dark parts. It still stands as one of my favorite Marvel movies (but this isn't to say it's fantastic). Expand
  87. Nov 2, 2015
    The sequel to the Iron Man franchise isn't as bad as people say it is. However, it isn't as good as its predecessor. With fun action scenes, and entertaining characters, Iron Man 2 can be a fun movie to watch, but its atrocious villain was a low point in this movie.
  88. Jan 16, 2016
    I thought this sequel worked just fine for Iron Man. However, it's not as great as the original anyways, but who really cares about that? Just plain action as you people really wanted.
  89. Feb 21, 2016
    La primera película fue todo un éxito, era inevitable una secuela del héroe blindado y necesaria respondiendo lo que dejo la primera, su relación con Pepper y el dilema de que haya revelado su identidad de super héroe al mundo, eso le trae consecuencias al gobierno para que ceda su armadura, aunque a la vez trata con la muerte que lo orilla a perderse en sí mismo, acarriándole másLa primera película fue todo un éxito, era inevitable una secuela del héroe blindado y necesaria respondiendo lo que dejo la primera, su relación con Pepper y el dilema de que haya revelado su identidad de super héroe al mundo, eso le trae consecuencias al gobierno para que ceda su armadura, aunque a la vez trata con la muerte que lo orilla a perderse en sí mismo, acarriándole más problemas, no será un problema de borrechera como en los cómics, pero cumple bien con ello, la historia no está enredada del todo, de ello tiene mucho que ver, la envidia y venganza de ambos antagonistas y su alianza son muy claras, a pesar de que muchos dicen que esta película es mala, a mi me parece mejor que la primera en muchas cosas como la acción, aparte ha sido un buen cimiento para algo más grande que iba a venir, como la introducción de la Viuda Negra (interpreta por Scarlett Johansson) que aparte de hermosa, da caña, Rhodey, ahora interpretado por Don Cheadle me convence más que Howard con el personaje, aparte fue genial que ahora lo introduzcan como Máquina de Guerra, aparte que tiene buena química con Downey, Mickey Rourke le falto poco para que pudiera ser un gran villano, pero al final no lo fué y entiendo su molestia en este proyecto, seguro tiene mejores papeles en otras películas, Sam Rockwell me parecío mejor villano que Rourke, pero no en el sentido de maldad, si no de lo rídiculo que es y su carisma, si esta película me gustó más que la primera por todo lo que he dicho y sobre todo al quedarme más tiempo noté que había cierto objeto que sabría de más para el año siguiente. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can’t put right for Iron Man 3.
  2. Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Isn't as much fun as its predecessor, but by the time the smoke clears, it'll do.