6.6

1. Apr 21, 2014
    I really felt like something was lacking from Iron Man so when i heard about the sequel i was of, coarse, very skeptical. Iron man 2 is an enjoyable film, none the less, yet has so many flaws that kinda out way the positive, first the Humor is funny, the action and fight scenes look amazing and spectacular and the acting is solid plus it hints at a future Avengers movie, yet despite all this the things that matter to me the most are just Terrible, the characters come of as annoying and i really didn't care what was happening i just wanted to see stuff blow up, the Villain in appalling and is very forgettable, the plot doesn't really have any focus and feels boring and slow at times also whilst Iron man had a really weak final act this one has an awesome astonishing final act yet the rest feels like pointlessness that really served no purpose.

Overall i wasn't really surprised that this sequel didn't live up to the good original film, yet, still i recommend siting down and watching the film cause it is pretty entertain when it wants to be.

2. Apr 1, 2014
    I really liked the first Iron Man, it was a solid film telling the retelling the story of how Tony Stark became Iron Man. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iron Man 2. This entry felt pretty bland and lacked the action and the excitement that the first film have leaving me dissatisfied. I did think that there were some somewhat humorous parts, but overall I just felt that this film just focused too much on stupid plot points that were not at all necessary making this mess known as Iron Man 2. Robert Downy Jr. is a good Iron Man, but if you want him to be in an excellent film, go watch the first Iron Man, The Avengers or Iron Man 3 because those films rocked, this one...not so much. Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    Ficou muito abaixo do primeiro mais divertido.
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    A not bad/not-great sequel to the original Iron Man. The fault lies in the films inability to stand on its own and instead becomes the prologue to "The Avengers"
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 2 is a junkyard.
    The movie takes off where its prequel left off, an explosive beginning with intriguing storyline behind a possibly great villain. Then after nearly no storyline or explanation for most of the following events, the movie finally finishes with a drawn out fight scene. The entertainment is barely there, and the elements that were the keys to success for the original
    aren't apparent. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    Rather a dull, mundane superhero sequel to an extraordinary action film. It has some of those moments that shine in its predecessor, mostly due to the charisma of Downey Jr., but the whole film is uninteresting and Downey is the only thing that builds interest. Shame, was a good movie, its predecessor was.
  7. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the first, but it's still worth watching. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Iron Man and does a great job portraying him. The visuals and the CGI are still brilliant but the problem with "Iron Man 2" is the script.
  8. Oct 17, 2013
    this film exaggerated a little in jokes and it ended up spoiling a bit on the seriousness of the film, it would be good since it was a continuation of a good movie.
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    After the excitement that was the first Iron Man, the sequel contributes little of anything notable. The story is simply not as entertaining and the action not as captivating as before.
  10. Sep 22, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is able to continue its predecessor's wonderful visual effects, however, the writing feels a bit unstable. Many sub plots are not well executed, and ends up to being pointless to the film. Along with this thought, I often found myself annoyed by the protagonist, Tony Stark, and felt that the lessons learned in the original film felt off put in this sequel. While many things irked me in the film, the story isn't horribly crafted, and maintains a nicely put action-packed story. With a surprising finale that overpasses the middle section of pointless scenes, "Iron Man 3" manages to make it to an above average super hero film. Expand
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    Mickey Rourke makes for an okay antagonist to the story, but doesn't seem to pull it off all the way. Unlike the first one, Iron Man 2 is more depressing and dark, and this takes away from it. It's less fun than its predecessor.
  12. Sep 18, 2013
    Iron Man 2 isn't as good as it's predessessor but is still a good film. This film is all suspence and build-up, and at points is a bit boring. But the times when there is action, the film is at it's very best with brilliant special effects, camera-work and exciting sequences, but these moments are short and do not appear in the film enough. The film is disjointed and often trails from it's story, and at points when watching it, I felt that these moments were fairly boring and pointless. The actors did exceptionally well and their characters developed reasonably well. I felt the comedy aspects of this film were overly used and at some points ruined the feel.

Iron Man 2 is disjointed, is overly long and over-uses the comedy aspects, yet when the action appears and the camera-work is it's very best, the film is brilliant. But, overall, the film isn't as good as it should've been; so I give this film a... 72/100!
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Although it doesn't contain the depth that made the first Iron Man memorable, it still has plenty of wit and humor that the first one had and enough explosive action to go around.
  14. May 31, 2013
    This is the first Iron Man movie I've ever seen. It was actually pretty good. My only problem with this movie is that Iron Man isn't seen that much in the film. But all in all, it was a good sequel.
  15. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was nowhere near as good as the first one. First of all, I hate when they replace main characters in movies. I understand that it's not necessarily the fault of the film but replacing Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle affects the feel of the movie; similar to when they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gylenhaul in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. Also, a technology that was pushed to be so incredible and impossible to replicate in the first installment is thrown around in this movie like if it's no more rare than an std. Lastly, similar to the first film, there were some huge plot holes. If a villain's weapons are a sort of lasso, wouldn't common sense tell you to just fire on him from outside of the lasso range? I would certainly think a genius like Tony Stark would be able to figure that out. Also, if you access the main computer and can reset the War Machine, why couldn't you also reset the others? Nonetheless, Robert Downey Jr. once again proves to be a top notch actor in Hollywood and the movie's transition to the "Avengers" adds some excitement to an otherwise quick and overrated ending. Still, I was a little disappointed. Expand
  16. May 24, 2013
    This was a good movie. A little thin in a few places but the actors and actresses pulled it off okay. There were some really good scenes in the movie like when the car alams all get set off. That was good they needed more scenes like that.
  17. May 6, 2013
    This film was a major step down from the first film. I was not a fan of how they took Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash and turned him into a villain that was nothing more than a punching bag for Iron Man & War Machine. This movie just didn't feel like it had high stakes and started playing too much for humor instead of taking the source material seriously. Black Widow was definitely a nice touch though. Expand
  18. May 5, 2013
    I was so bored when I went to see this at the movie theatre. It never really caught my interest or kept me entertained the whole time and the only really cool part was when Micky Rourke was attacking the race cars with his scorpion whips. Other than the boredom of it, everything else was fine. The acting, dialogue, and the special effects are why I did not give it a 4.
  19. May 4, 2013
    I think the numbering of the Iron Man movies is appropriate, With the first one being the best by far, this one being the second best, and the third one failed as far as following the comics go. Ironman 2 is one of the best action movies to date. I could watch that last scene where War Machine and Iron Man are back to back any day. Although the movie took a while to get up to speed, this is still one of the best Marvel movies to date. Expand
  20. May 1, 2013
    It's not as fun and exciting like the first Iron Man movie, but it tends to still be a decent sequel. The first 45-50 minutes of the movie are just fun and exciting. It really relates to the first Iron Man movie. But then you reach the middle of the movie where the story starts to progressively slow down a lot. That's when it really feels like your watching a drunk version of the first Iron Man movie. The middle really sags unlike the first 45-50 minutes. It just "in a sense" drops. Near the end, it tends to kick it back into gear. As far as characters, Tony is still as enjoyable as the first movie. The actors are still about average. Except for Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke). He was incredible at the beginning of the movie, but (just like the storyline) it starts to become progressively slow and boring once he meets Hammer (Sam Rockwell). I wish Vanko could have been in the movie much longer and be bad-a** throughout and not just in the beginning and the end of the movie. Overall, with it's progressive slowness during the middle, in the end, it still turns out to be a decent sequel. Expand
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic. Still a high recommendation to fans of the original Expand
  22. Mar 16, 2013
    Against my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point is that too many things in this film are unrealistic and as in Iron Man, there are a lot of so-called “Cinema Sins” like stupid dialogues, obvious goofs or simply illogicality. That is quite an issue, but doesn't prevent this movie from being an even better superhero-movie than the original. Expand
  23. Feb 15, 2013
    There have been three films that I have seen in the cinema where I have left after the credits, not quite sure what to think of what i had just seen, not necessarily a bad film, but one which I just wasn't sure I enjoyed to the extent I thought I was going to, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Quantum of Solace, and now Iron Man 2.
    This was a big film, it had big ideas,
    and don't get me wrong, it delivered..but only to an extent.
    Picking up after the revelation of the first instalment, life goes on for Tony Stark, he has re-opened his fathers brainchild of Stark Expo, hoping to change direction away from weapons of mass destruction.
    Short-lived, in another world away sits Ivan Vanko, son of Anton Vanko, the man who drew up plans with Tony's father in regards to the expo.
    Back at home, Tony has to deal with his own government requesting that he hand over the Iron Man armour, but increasing health issues concerning his failure to find a substitute for the palladium he used to save his life has spawned reckless behaviour on Tony' part.
    What was surprising about this film was its failure to zero in and develop on the ideas at hand, Stark was basically dying in this feature, but this was brushed over with a few scenes Nick Fury and a cringe-worthy dance and drink in the Iron Man suit. On the subject of Nick Fury, there was a silly amount of characters in this film, all with under-developed stories that never led anywhere, Sam Rockwell also appears in this as a rival to Tony Stark, but he was just annoying and slightly orange. There was perhaps too much of a S.H.I.E.L.D presence that took over the movie. They had to play their part, but this wasn't a good movie with them in it, this was a moderately decent film until they were in it.
    Downey Jr did shine as usual, he has embraced his role to the point of belief that he could be Tony Stark, perhaps his best was shown in this film as it was quite an emotional journey, but with Iron Man himself only appearing a very small amount in this film, it didn't justify the over-abundance of characters and the messy and very anti-climatic ending, this could have been so much better on multiple levels, and unfortunately didn't deliver compared to the first effort.
  24. Jan 17, 2013
    I'm actually disappointed about this movie. I'm big fan of the first
  25. Dec 8, 2012
    Another great action, superhero movie. Definitely not as good as the first, but I still absolutely loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is great, and Gwyneth Paltrow is again, perfect. The addition of Scarlet Johansson was very nice as well.
  26. Dec 8, 2012
    A massive disappointment after the brilliance of Iron Man. It is overstuffed and bloated. Seemingly satisfied with mediocrity. Not painful to watch, but lifeless and forgettable.
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Doesn't even flick a booger in the direction of the first film, but it still remains a pretty entertaining action bout.
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avenge his father's legacy that he believes has been ruined due to Stark's father. He attempts to recreate the arc reactor which is also powering Stark's heart as a power source to fuel his electric whips as he becomes Whiplash. Stark meanwhile is dying due to the stress on his arc reactor, as he is losing his lustre. After Vanko attempts to murder Stark, he is abducted in prison by Stark's buisness competitor, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) as they form an alliance to bring down Stark industry's. Compared to Iron Man: Iron Man 2 makes for a very well made sequel and should definently be viewed by those who enjoyed Iron Man. Opinion: Very well done a worthy sequel Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    The movie is just an awesome creation of science fiction and this movie is glorifying the name of iron man in the top super hero names .The movie has great visual effects and Robert Downey jr has done a great job
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    This sequel has everything it's predecessor did, but the dialogue doesn't flow and the action isn't exciting. Sequels of this genre need to bring new ideas and visual brilliance to the screen. Iron Man II had neither.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can’t put right for Iron Man 3.
  2. Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Isn't as much fun as its predecessor, but by the time the smoke clears, it'll do.