6.6

1. Apr 21, 2014
    I really felt like something was lacking from Iron Man so when i heard about the sequel i was of, coarse, very skeptical. Iron man 2 is an enjoyable film, none the less, yet has so many flaws that kinda out way the positive, first the Humor is funny, the action and fight scenes look amazing and spectacular and the acting is solid plus it hints at a future Avengers movie, yet despite all this the things that matter to me the most are just Terrible, the characters come of as annoying and i really didn't care what was happening i just wanted to see stuff blow up, the Villain in appalling and is very forgettable, the plot doesn't really have any focus and feels boring and slow at times also whilst Iron man had a really weak final act this one has an awesome astonishing final act yet the rest feels like pointlessness that really served no purpose.

Overall i wasn't really surprised that this sequel didn't live up to the good original film, yet, still i recommend siting down and watching the film cause it is pretty entertain when it wants to be.

2. Apr 1, 2014
    I really liked the first Iron Man, it was a solid film telling the retelling the story of how Tony Stark became Iron Man. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iron Man 2. This entry felt pretty bland and lacked the action and the excitement that the first film have leaving me dissatisfied. I did think that there were some somewhat humorous parts, but overall I just felt that this film just focused too much on stupid plot points that were not at all necessary making this mess known as Iron Man 2. Robert Downy Jr. is a good Iron Man, but if you want him to be in an excellent film, go watch the first Iron Man, The Avengers or Iron Man 3 because those films rocked, this one...not so much. Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    Ficou muito abaixo do primeiro mais divertido.
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    A not bad/not-great sequel to the original Iron Man. The fault lies in the films inability to stand on its own and instead becomes the prologue to "The Avengers"
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 2 is a junkyard.
    The movie takes off where its prequel left off, an explosive beginning with intriguing storyline behind a possibly great villain. Then after nearly no storyline or explanation for most of the following events, the movie finally finishes with a drawn out fight scene. The entertainment is barely there, and the elements that were the keys to success for the original
    aren't apparent. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    Rather a dull, mundane superhero sequel to an extraordinary action film. It has some of those moments that shine in its predecessor, mostly due to the charisma of Downey Jr., but the whole film is uninteresting and Downey is the only thing that builds interest. Shame, was a good movie, its predecessor was.
  7. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the first, but it's still worth watching. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Iron Man and does a great job portraying him. The visuals and the CGI are still brilliant but the problem with "Iron Man 2" is the script.
  8. Oct 17, 2013
    this film exaggerated a little in jokes and it ended up spoiling a bit on the seriousness of the film, it would be good since it was a continuation of a good movie.
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    After the excitement that was the first Iron Man, the sequel contributes little of anything notable. The story is simply not as entertaining and the action not as captivating as before.
  10. Sep 22, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is able to continue its predecessor's wonderful visual effects, however, the writing feels a bit unstable. Many sub plots are not well executed, and ends up to being pointless to the film. Along with this thought, I often found myself annoyed by the protagonist, Tony Stark, and felt that the lessons learned in the original film felt off put in this sequel. While many things irked me in the film, the story isn't horribly crafted, and maintains a nicely put action-packed story. With a surprising finale that overpasses the middle section of pointless scenes, "Iron Man 3" manages to make it to an above average super hero film. Expand
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    Mickey Rourke makes for an okay antagonist to the story, but doesn't seem to pull it off all the way. Unlike the first one, Iron Man 2 is more depressing and dark, and this takes away from it. It's less fun than its predecessor.
  12. Sep 18, 2013
    Iron Man 2 isn't as good as it's predessessor but is still a good film. This film is all suspence and build-up, and at points is a bit boring. But the times when there is action, the film is at it's very best with brilliant special effects, camera-work and exciting sequences, but these moments are short and do not appear in the film enough. The film is disjointed and often trails from it's story, and at points when watching it, I felt that these moments were fairly boring and pointless. The actors did exceptionally well and their characters developed reasonably well. I felt the comedy aspects of this film were overly used and at some points ruined the feel.

Iron Man 2 is disjointed, is overly long and over-uses the comedy aspects, yet when the action appears and the camera-work is it's very best, the film is brilliant. But, overall, the film isn't as good as it should've been; so I give this film a... 72/100!
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Although it doesn't contain the depth that made the first Iron Man memorable, it still has plenty of wit and humor that the first one had and enough explosive action to go around.
  14. May 31, 2013
    This is the first Iron Man movie I've ever seen. It was actually pretty good. My only problem with this movie is that Iron Man isn't seen that much in the film. But all in all, it was a good sequel.
  15. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was nowhere near as good as the first one. First of all, I hate when they replace main characters in movies. I understand that it's not necessarily the fault of the film but replacing Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle affects the feel of the movie; similar to when they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gylenhaul in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. Also, a technology that was pushed to be so incredible and impossible to replicate in the first installment is thrown around in this movie like if it's no more rare than an std. Lastly, similar to the first film, there were some huge plot holes. If a villain's weapons are a sort of lasso, wouldn't common sense tell you to just fire on him from outside of the lasso range? I would certainly think a genius like Tony Stark would be able to figure that out. Also, if you access the main computer and can reset the War Machine, why couldn't you also reset the others? Nonetheless, Robert Downey Jr. once again proves to be a top notch actor in Hollywood and the movie's transition to the "Avengers" adds some excitement to an otherwise quick and overrated ending. Still, I was a little disappointed. Expand
  16. May 24, 2013
    This was a good movie. A little thin in a few places but the actors and actresses pulled it off okay. There were some really good scenes in the movie like when the car alams all get set off. That was good they needed more scenes like that.
  17. May 6, 2013
    This film was a major step down from the first film. I was not a fan of how they took Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash and turned him into a villain that was nothing more than a punching bag for Iron Man & War Machine. This movie just didn't feel like it had high stakes and started playing too much for humor instead of taking the source material seriously. Black Widow was definitely a nice touch though. Expand
  18. May 5, 2013
    I was so bored when I went to see this at the movie theatre. It never really caught my interest or kept me entertained the whole time and the only really cool part was when Micky Rourke was attacking the race cars with his scorpion whips. Other than the boredom of it, everything else was fine. The acting, dialogue, and the special effects are why I did not give it a 4.
  19. May 4, 2013
    I think the numbering of the Iron Man movies is appropriate, With the first one being the best by far, this one being the second best, and the third one failed as far as following the comics go. Ironman 2 is one of the best action movies to date. I could watch that last scene where War Machine and Iron Man are back to back any day. Although the movie took a while to get up to speed, this is still one of the best Marvel movies to date. Expand
  20. May 1, 2013
    It's not as fun and exciting like the first Iron Man movie, but it tends to still be a decent sequel. The first 45-50 minutes of the movie are just fun and exciting. It really relates to the first Iron Man movie. But then you reach the middle of the movie where the story starts to progressively slow down a lot. That's when it really feels like your watching a drunk version of the first Iron Man movie. The middle really sags unlike the first 45-50 minutes. It just "in a sense" drops. Near the end, it tends to kick it back into gear. As far as characters, Tony is still as enjoyable as the first movie. The actors are still about average. Except for Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke). He was incredible at the beginning of the movie, but (just like the storyline) it starts to become progressively slow and boring once he meets Hammer (Sam Rockwell). I wish Vanko could have been in the movie much longer and be bad-a** throughout and not just in the beginning and the end of the movie. Overall, with it's progressive slowness during the middle, in the end, it still turns out to be a decent sequel. Expand
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic. Still a high recommendation to fans of the original Expand
  22. Mar 16, 2013
    Against my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point is that too many things in this film are unrealistic and as in Iron Man, there are a lot of so-called “Cinema Sins” like stupid dialogues, obvious goofs or simply illogicality. That is quite an issue, but doesn't prevent this movie from being an even better superhero-movie than the original. Collapse
  23. Feb 15, 2013
    There have been three films that I have seen in the cinema where I have left after the credits, not quite sure what to think of what i had just seen, not necessarily a bad film, but one which I just wasn't sure I enjoyed to the extent I thought I was going to, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Quantum of Solace, and now Iron Man 2.
    This was a big film, it had big ideas,
    and don't get me wrong, it delivered..but only to an extent.
    Picking up after the revelation of the first instalment, life goes on for Tony Stark, he has re-opened his fathers brainchild of Stark Expo, hoping to change direction away from weapons of mass destruction.
    Short-lived, in another world away sits Ivan Vanko, son of Anton Vanko, the man who drew up plans with Tony's father in regards to the expo.
    Back at home, Tony has to deal with his own government requesting that he hand over the Iron Man armour, but increasing health issues concerning his failure to find a substitute for the palladium he used to save his life has spawned reckless behaviour on Tony' part.
    What was surprising about this film was its failure to zero in and develop on the ideas at hand, Stark was basically dying in this feature, but this was brushed over with a few scenes Nick Fury and a cringe-worthy dance and drink in the Iron Man suit. On the subject of Nick Fury, there was a silly amount of characters in this film, all with under-developed stories that never led anywhere, Sam Rockwell also appears in this as a rival to Tony Stark, but he was just annoying and slightly orange. There was perhaps too much of a S.H.I.E.L.D presence that took over the movie. They had to play their part, but this wasn't a good movie with them in it, this was a moderately decent film until they were in it.
    Downey Jr did shine as usual, he has embraced his role to the point of belief that he could be Tony Stark, perhaps his best was shown in this film as it was quite an emotional journey, but with Iron Man himself only appearing a very small amount in this film, it didn't justify the over-abundance of characters and the messy and very anti-climatic ending, this could have been so much better on multiple levels, and unfortunately didn't deliver compared to the first effort.
  24. Jan 17, 2013
    I'm actually disappointed about this movie. I'm big fan of the first
  25. Dec 8, 2012
    Another great action, superhero movie. Definitely not as good as the first, but I still absolutely loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is great, and Gwyneth Paltrow is again, perfect. The addition of Scarlet Johansson was very nice as well.
  26. Dec 8, 2012
    A massive disappointment after the brilliance of Iron Man. It is overstuffed and bloated. Seemingly satisfied with mediocrity. Not painful to watch, but lifeless and forgettable.
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Doesn't even flick a booger in the direction of the first film, but it still remains a pretty entertaining action bout.
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avenge his father's legacy that he believes has been ruined due to Stark's father. He attempts to recreate the arc reactor which is also powering Stark's heart as a power source to fuel his electric whips as he becomes Whiplash. Stark meanwhile is dying due to the stress on his arc reactor, as he is losing his lustre. After Vanko attempts to murder Stark, he is abducted in prison by Stark's buisness competitor, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) as they form an alliance to bring down Stark industry's. Compared to Iron Man: Iron Man 2 makes for a very well made sequel and should definently be viewed by those who enjoyed Iron Man. Opinion: Very well done a worthy sequel Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    The movie is just an awesome creation of science fiction and this movie is glorifying the name of iron man in the top super hero names .The movie has great visual effects and Robert Downey jr has done a great job
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    This sequel has everything it's predecessor did, but the dialogue doesn't flow and the action isn't exciting. Sequels of this genre need to bring new ideas and visual brilliance to the screen. Iron Man II had neither.
  31. Oct 15, 2012
    A lack of depth, little real story and far too many fast-talking scenes means that IM2 never really hits the heights it should. But don't let that make you think it's not entertaining - it is and it certainly has it's moments, however it also most certainly has it's fair share of scenes where you can grab a non-pause pee-break too. I really hope they make another cut of this with about 20 minutes trimmed off as it could really work with some of the fat cut out, and having said that it does work as it is - just not to any mind-blowing degree. Decent enough and never an effort to watch, an ideal film to put on when with mates or your partner if you want a film you can talk through. Expand
  32. Aug 11, 2012
    Robert Downey's Iron Man returns after his first film outing two years previous, with director Jon Favreau again at the helm. As with Iron Man, Favreau delivers another fun ride and allows Downey to steal the show as Tony Stark. Downey's egotist, smarmy and arrogant but ultimately likeable Tony Stark is the film. Other characters are purely used for Downey to show off in front of, flirt with or talk over. In honesty, this becomes a little frustrating by the end of the film but it doesn't become a terminal problem because of the hidden weakness and humility Stark shows on occasions. Also, it makes a change for a superhero to be so public with his identity and arrogance.

Facing pressure from the US government on one side and the film's nemesis Whiplash on the other, Stark also struggles to cope with the ill effects of his power source and becomes isolated and irresponsible with his powers. The main antagonist is Whiplash, the son of a Russian inventor formerly employed by Stark Industries, who out of spite for the Stark family develops his own power source to rival Iron Man. The Russian factor brings about inevitably thin Cold War references but it is the idea that the US government sees Iron Man ans his technology as their property and does not wish to be dependent on Stark's alliance for protection that is the strongest plot string.

When given scenes without Downey present, the supporting characters are a mixed bunch. The introduction of Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to the Marvel Universe is flat and the same can be said for Gywneth Paltrow, who is talked over by Downey for all of her lines. Don Cheadle plays Iron Man's sidekick James Rhodes (aka War Machine) complete with some Robin-esque cheesy lines ("Get a roof"). The positives come in the form of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash and Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. Rockwell injects some brilliant humour to proceedings for when you've had your fill of Downey.

The action is evenly paced, although the action sequences towards the end of the film are a little robotic, literally, as Iron Man and War Machine take on Whiplash (in a similar suit) and his army of Iron Man suited drones.

Overall, perhaps not as fresh as the original but still a better than average entry to the Marvel catalogue.
  33. Aug 8, 2012
    I did like Iron Man 2, the comedy and action was still there, but you knew what the final 'Boss fight' would be almost from the beginning, iron man vs the bad guy who makes a suit for himself.
  34. Jul 17, 2012
    While Robert Downey Jr is as great as always and the action visuals are nicely done, this sequel is nowhere near the same league as the first. There's lots of plotholes, Mickey Rourke was one-dimensional and Scarlett Johannson was bland and the plot in the third act took a back set to Avengers tie-ins. Not as bad as Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3, but it could have been a lot better.
  35. May 18, 2012
    While I really liked the first Iron Man for some reason I, just could not get into the Iron Man 2 like I could the first one. The movie is still is funny and has action moments but not like the first one. The first one was truly great Iron Man 2 was only okay.
  36. May 11, 2012
    I find that Iron Man 2 is just as good as the first. Robert Downey Jr. gives another great performance, the story is plentyful, and the action is brilliant.
  37. May 6, 2012
    Passable effort which lacks a real unstoppable super villain. Downey is excellent as usual and the movie works the storyline well to get Nick Fury involved. Lacking real action scenes until the final battle it concentrates on character and storyline development so those expecting an action packed CGI dream may be disappointed.
  38. Apr 19, 2012
    This movie was good,but I'm disappointed about the action scenes,I mean there were too many people talking and there was a few minutes of action,the first one didn't have much action because it was the start,but I expected this one to be better,the action might be bad but it is a good movie.I hope Ironman 3 will have more action scenes.
  39. Mar 30, 2012
    Okay Iron Man 2 is better than the first because the new actors but yet again there isn't much action and when there it is it sucks. More stupidy throughout the film. But hey its an improvement from the first.
  40. Mar 13, 2012
    Slightly boring, with not enough zing and character development like the first one. For an action film, there was too much explosions and fighting which substituted for the storylines - I couldn't even hear myself think. Also, I wasn't sure who the villain was, and if he was who I thought he was, he didn't have much depth to his character. Although, I did love Scarlett Johansson, especially when she was kicking everyone's ass, and the fact that what was keeping Stark alive was also killing him, but his portrayal of a dying man was still unconvincing, seeing as he mainly acted arrogant, instead of his versatility of emotions in the previous film. In conclusion, this failed to live up to the promise of what could have been a good sequel. Expand
  41. Mar 7, 2012
    This second part of Iron Man have great things: 1) The Cast,2) Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, 3) War Machine ,4) Black Widow, but the biggest problem, is that is not like the first part. Is some tired. But is a great film.
  42. Feb 29, 2012
    Its a 2 hour movie with what feels like 15 minutes action. Endless babbling plus a bad story. Waste of time except for kids. Great animations though. Its probably a good movie for the youngest.
  43. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man for me was something I was looking forward to, but I wasn't necessarily jazzed about it. It was a pretty good though, and it actually might be my 2nd best comic book origin film, next to X Men First Class. So going into this sequel to Iron Man, I kind of felt the same way, I was looking forward to it, but I wasn't super stoked about it. But let me tell you, I think you might be somewhat shocked about this, but I think Iron Man 2 is actually a bit better than Iron Man. I won't say everything that is better than Iron Man, but I will say parts in the middle of Iron Man dragged for me. Not that the movie was too long, but for some reason it dragged in the middle for me. Now getting on with Iron Man 2, Tony Stark in this sequel haves three main things going against him. The government wants Tony's suit, Tony's health condition is getting worse, and than there's a mysterious man that seems to feel wronged by Tony's actions from the 1st movie. As far as the villians in this movie, I feel Mickey Rourke as the villian in this movie is the strongest performance just behind Robert Downey Jr. This time there seems to be less action in this one. The plot though is good and there's good character development. The cgi and action in this is great. The only real flaw in the movie is I thought Ivan Vanko could have used a few scenes in the middle of the film. Also the last encouter when Ivan uses his ultra suit at the end, went a bit too fast. Overall I thought this movie was great and funny. Compared to Iron Man, I give that an 8.2 out of 10, and I give Iron Man 2 an 8.4 out of 10 Expand
  44. Feb 10, 2012
    Though not as smart or inventive as its predecessor, Iron Man 2 is an entertaining follow-up to the 2008 movie. In fact, in terms of action scenes and villains, this movie is better. Sam Rockwell is good as Justin Hammer, Tony Stark's oily competitor and Mickey Rourke presents a threat as Whiplash. However, the movie isn't as witty or as clever as before. Iron Man 2 is constructed like a typical superhero movie and while this is not the worst thing in the world, it does make the story feel a little more by-the-numbers. Performances are good all round, especially Downey Jr., who clearly enjoys playing the eccentric billionaire. Expand
  45. Feb 7, 2012
    This movie was disappointing. The problem with this movie is that the action sequences are 10 seconds. As well, the plot is less entertaining and more tedious. Scarlett Johansson's character is in the movie so that people can gawk at her. This movie is a step back from the first Iron Man.
  46. Jan 24, 2012
    I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the first film. I thought it did a good job at cameos as well (building towards the Avengers film). The acting and the action was solid as well. It was just a little too corny and generic for my taste. Also I did not like the main villian in the film, Im sure there could have been a better one for them to pick.
  47. Jan 21, 2012
    After the first film I waited a little bit more. I don't say I didn't enjoy it because it was great but the story line was too predictable. Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was awesome.
  48. Jan 17, 2012
    I liked the first Iron Man. It was an origin story but didn't get overly bogged down in that. I also agreed with a lot of others in that Robert Downey Jr made an excellent Tony Stark, but upon seeing this movie I disagree and believe I was maybe wrong in the first place. I'm a comic book geek and I grew up with Tony Stark as a character. He is someone who wants control in order to do the right thing or what he thinks is the right thing, he is a good man at heart but he is misguided, stubborn and egoistical. What's the problem you ask, is that what Downey is playing? Yes, but a shallow version of that, mixed with playing Robert Downey Jr. He's half acting now at best and it's less Tony Stark is Iron Man and now more Robert Downey Jr is Iron Man. We are told who he is but not really shown any depth other than the motivation of being a former arms dealer and the guilt of that. The racetrack scene is exciting though and well filmed as is the final fight, but the rest of the film is pretty dull. The villain Whip Lash just turning into another Iron Monger when he gets the suit bothered me too. Scarlett Johansson is totally miscast. Although I did like the casting of Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. Expand
  49. Jan 4, 2012
    The biggest flaw of the film is how they pause the action just to show you upgrades to the suit. It was interesting to see what was so different about each suit but to do it right in the middle of a fight takes away all the excitement of the fight that is happening. I didnt mind the plot either but it could have been a lot more interesting and it could have taken a lot less time to explain.

I did like how it featured a lot of interesting action through out. I liked the addition of Don Cheadle (as Terrance Howard's replacement) and Robert Downey Jr gave a great performance as well. I suprisingly liked it a lot more then the first film.
  50. Dec 27, 2011
    Enjoyable, not as enjoyable as the first - dragged a smidge in the middle and the whole thing felt at times like a giant trailer for the Avengers. B-. I am sure anyone who was going to see it already has though. On a random side note, I am positive the trailers for this movie showed a scene with Tony jumping out of a plane and saying to Pepper "You complete me!" - This did not appear in the movie, I hate it when trailers show scenes that aren't actually in the release version of the film. Expand
  51. Nov 11, 2011
    Iron Man 2 is well acted, but is quite boring. This action scenes were uneventful, the fight scenes were short, but the humor was good though. I was disappointed, it could have had more stuff in it.
  52. Sep 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 2 is not exactly a worthy followup to the original. My problems with the film: The fight between Rhodey and Tony in his mansion with DJ AM in the background was really dumb. These two guys are supposed to be best friends? Yeah Tony was being a douche, but that doesn't mean you steal one of his suits and proceed to try to beat his ass and tear up his whole damn mansion in the process. It just felt like they needed an action beat, like they said "Oh hey, it's been x amount of pages since we've had some action to entertain the audience, we need to stick a fight scene in here according to this scriptwriting 101 guide." It seemed very forced and unnecessary to me.

Justin Hammer was cheesing up the joint and just acting way too goofy.

Tony and Pepper's playful banter had turned into a lot of bickering that wasn't that fun to watch.

Tony's father had hidden away his secret formula for an amazing new element as... the overhead blueprint for his **** Stark Expo? What the hell, why would anybody... what? That doesn't even make any sense. How would he know that Tony would possess a nifty holographic projector that could strip away the details and reveal this magical wonder element? Why not just write down the formula on a piece of paper, why hide it as the layout for a stupid ass expo? This... this **** stinks.

How is Tony's new power source poisoning his blood? The palladium core goes right into his arc reactor, why would this end up in his bloodstream? His bloodstream seems completely segregated from the reactor. Couldn't he just invent some filter between the reactor and his body? He seems good at inventing stuff.

At the race track, when Vanko attacks... why don't the security guards just shoot Vanko in the chest with their guns? His exoskeleton doesn't seem to cover his chest, they could shoot him to death.

Rourke's Vanko spends most of the second half of the movie in a factory building robots. That's kinda boring, you shouldn't have your main villain squirrelled away that much.

The final battle with Vanko was way too short and just involved IM and WM doing some stupid high-five with their repulsors. Vanko also opens his helmet for no reason, making his head incredibly vulnerable. But other then that, I thought it was an enjoyable experience.
  53. Sep 15, 2011
    With a baffling story and really unnecessary humor, Marvel's "Iron man 2" doesn't seem to have the prominent blockbuster spirit its prequel contained.
  54. Aug 28, 2011
    Iron Man 2 is a satisfactory sequel to a kick-ass comic book movie. It is nothing more than that: satisfactory. Some will call that a good thing, and some will call that a bad thing.
  55. Aug 22, 2011
    Like the first movie the humor and action are still there but this one dealing out more action while going hand in hand with the storyline of the comics. A fantastic watch and well deserving the acclaim it's getting.
  56. Jul 17, 2011
    I usually hate recast sequels. It's just the principal of continuity. Whether it be The Mummy 3 or the Matrix sequels I hate to see actors get yanked in favor of other actors or replacement characters. Sometimes it can work. Iron Man 2 isn't made better by the inclusion of Don Cheadle, but it doesn't suffer either. Cheadle creates his own take on Rhodes/War Machine. There are few actors that can step into a role they didn't originate and not screw it up. I consider IM2 one of the pleasing exceptions of recasting. Kudos. Expand
  57. Jul 13, 2011
    I find exactly what I expected, and that was exactly what I found in the first part. It's fun, entertaining, and compared to other recent action movies of this kind, has much more sense and not having that many absurd action scenes of those you sometimes don't even know what's happening.
  58. Jul 5, 2011
    This is a very good movie. I don't think it has the great story of the first one. But I'm going to say it's better just because this one has more fight scenes and is more exciting.
  59. Jun 15, 2011
    Great follow up of the first Iron Man. Tony Stark is yet again well portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. and the cast got a really nice add from the Avengers (yes, I'm pointing out Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow). Plot is great, action is great and acting is great. Great super-hero movie!
  60. Jun 4, 2011
    I think this film isn't as good as the first. A lot of Scenes weren't needed and felt they needed a better plot. Yes Tony Stark found out he was dying, that's sad. But there are only two main action scenes between him and the Villain and most of the film Tony Stark thought he was dead. I'm sorry I cannot give this film a good review. It's not a terrible film its ok but it's lacking of Plot just bores me. Expand
  61. May 28, 2011
    I was a bit disappointed with the first movie and to be honest, I think this sequel is better. Great special effects and Mickey Rourke was fantastic as well as Robert Downey Jr. who was as energetic as always.
  62. May 10, 2011
    The first Iron Man was very good and enjoyable. Iron Man 2 was bigger than the first one. Bigger explosions, funny dialogue, and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. as he basically embodied Tony Stark with an updated change to his character. But the sequel is no "The Dark Knight". I still enjoyed but I just felt like something was missing.
  63. Mar 9, 2011
    After the first Iron Man movie I was expecting a great sequel, but this fell short because they tried to add to much drama (think Spider-Man 3) and took out a lot of the humor and action that made the first one pop, while the first one was awesome this one was just ok.
  64. Mar 5, 2011
    When ironman 2 started I thought wow impressive, the effects were quite impressive, but then the story ends up spoiled, like a pair of spiked pants. The whole it becomes alot disorientational and uninspiring, I mean what the hell is going
    On here.
    Stark himself is a **** guy, suit gets robbed, drones, the wrestler with whips lmao seriously get a grip.
  65. Jan 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The whole movie was crap. The movie never had its "climax". All was pre-pre-pre-pre-pre- final scene. All the movie i was thinking "so...whats next... i already saw this at iron-man 1...boring....joke not funny..."

The scene protagonized by Scarlett Johansson sucks... In general i think the writers said :
    - "how we can make a better movie"
    - "Iron-man 1 was great"
    - "oh, i know! what if... if 1 iron-man is great, then we should put 30 iron-men in scene"
    - "yeah!! spectacular"
    - "but the story?"
    - "does it matter? Fill it with anything"
  66. Jan 22, 2011
    It's disappointing that Iron Man 2 has a case of sequel-idus, with too many characters crammed and a few too man plot lines for you to really be engaged with all of the characters. Still though, Iron Man 2 has excellent acting, stellar and improved action, great special effects, and good humor. It is not as good as the first, but for a fun summer blockbuster, you can't go wrong with Iron Man 2.
  67. Jan 11, 2011
    There is something exciting every time we watch Iron Man. Complete action-packed, great characters interest, and interludes with effective humors. Tony Starks is an eccentric, self-centered (even sometimes looks childish) but genius multi-billionaire who builds Iron Man suit. Thiz time, he faced health issue and ready to confront another threads from his business rival, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) and mysterious Whiplash (Mickey Rourke). In the first Iron Man two years ago, I said to everyone that Tony Starks was too humanist on the movie, that was wrong. Starks should be appears more **** to fill his original character (If you asked me thiz kind of stuff, well, comics was my world. I remembered my dad bought me first Iron Man issue from overseas). But on thiz sequel, Iron Man character really fills my expectations. Robert Downey Jr. acted amazingly well, continues his first exhilarating performance. The most powerful element in Iron Man movies is definitely Downey Jr. Mickey Rourke is our other attention after his Oscar-nominated THE WRESTLER (2008). He is playing save on his villain-character and it looked well. On the fight scene, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow was surprisingly kick-ass. I did not know was the camera angle or the fight choreography which made it worked, but Johansson really left behind her girly image. Unfortunately, I do not like Nick Fury character (Samuel L. Jackson) which reconstructs from Fury original character. Other Casts were: Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, etc. The movie directed by an actor who luckily thrived on thiz franchise, Jon Favreau. Some of his Directing credits were ZATHURA: A SPACE ADVENTURE(2005) and the comedy ELF (2003). It is almost very difficult to say thiz movie is not a good one. Apparently it is an excellent and entertaining movie for everyone. Cannot wait for another Starks Expo!

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  68. Dec 5, 2010
    It doesnt out-do its predecessor like The Dark Knight did, but it gives the original justice. It's the effective sequel and it does an amazing job with what its given. The action is still great, the jokes are still funny, the acting is still great, and the character's are still interesting. Although with Stark's condition it's a little less optimistic than its predecessor, but that doesnt ruin it, nor does it make it bad. It's not as good as the first but it's still a grest and effective sequel Expand
  69. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie suffers from what i call the "the second movie drop." The first movie had sparks flying and this intriguing edge that made you want more. This second addition to the Iron Man series was interesting for a bit but then became obvious and dragged on for long period of the movie.
  70. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie is a dud. It's just as bad as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Mickey Rourke as a Russian scientist? Give me a break, or at least my money back.
  71. Nov 23, 2010
    Though not nearly as inspired as the first, this summer sequel boasts solid effects, some sweet action scenes, comedy and with characterization by a great cast. It is a good film, not the best, but definitely worth a good look.
  72. Nov 15, 2010
    I was pretty bored to tears while watching this movie. It's a real shame since the first one had some nice moments to it, the film just stays within the constraints of those people who would be satisfied with classifying every no-brain-required movie as "hey, it's just entertainment". Once again it could have more than the sum of its highly expensive parts and give us something other than by-the-book action sequence after sequence. Stark is pretty much the same except that now he has a bit of angst, but don't worry that's quickly solved by some BS that the writers threw in to wrap things up quite nicely. Nothing has importance or impact, and I was just waiting for the happy ending that inevitably followed. The only glimmer of light in the whole movie was Mickey Rourkes and Sam Rockwells performance. Let's end these superhero movies while we still have some diginity...or take a freakin leap of faith and someone start writing better ones instead. Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2010
    Very disappointing movie. The first Iron Man movie (2008) was a thousand times way better then this one. It was a long boring pathetic two hours strait. At the end, we were all expecting the big fight between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), but it lasted like 45 seconds. It's a little bit stupid because, Ivan was preparing for that fight through almost the whole movie. All a long the film, was a bunch of dialogue with a few action scene.This movie was a big waste of my time. While watching, I couldn't wait until it was over. Expand
  74. Nov 9, 2010
    Good, but not nearly as good as the first one. Somehow Mickey Rourke builds a super suit and still gets his ass kicked by Ironman?? Can't stand the good guy always winning every battle no matter what the odds storyline. I guess it's worth watching
  75. BKL
    Nov 5, 2010
    Iron Man yet again rocks the house in this hair raising thriller when he faces his newest rival, Ivan Vanko. With better effects, sound, picture, & action, Iron Man 2 will have you wanting more before the credits even roll.
  76. Nov 4, 2010
    I was looking forward to this as i enjoyed the last film, even though i didn't think it was fantastic, but this film seemed to be all over the place and was very annoying and tedious at times, especially between the exchanges of dialogue between Downey and Paltrow.
  77. Nov 3, 2010
    It's sufficiently entertaining but it could have been a lot better. The plot doesn't make much sense, and a lot of the characters are just annoying.
  78. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau has done it again!
  79. Oct 31, 2010
    10 SUPERB!

This movie is sublime in every way. I totally love it :) I heard a lot of negative stuff about it, and because of that i didn't go to the theater to see, but man, am i sorry i didn't go!!!
    I do NOT understand the criticism it has hat...in no way!
  80. Oct 27, 2010
    I knew what to expect from this movie and i wasn't much disappointed. Some good action scenes, some funny lines is what characterizes Iron Man and Robert Downey Jr. the perfect actor for this role. He is very charming and funny
  81. Oct 25, 2010
    Paycheck movie extraordinaire.
    Just awful. RDjr's and Don Cheadle's talents are utterly wasted on this exercise in big budget Hollywood garbage. Gwynth Paltrow has no talent, so she's well within her element here. The writing is so uninspired, and the BIG part Jon Favreau plays is frankly lame, and not a little self serving. Where were the editors on this movie too, because it has massive
    balance problems, and endless filler scenes? This was no doubt a bridging movie to get us into the much vaunted trilogy territory. If there is an I.M.3, and it seems impossible there won't be, you can count me out. Expand
  82. Oct 18, 2010
    The second Iron Man film by its own standards is a fun comic book film that stands tall over your basic comic book efforts. However it generally comes across so flat in tone, lacking any real danger that it comes across more like a pointless and unneccessary extension of the first Iron Man. It is however filled with great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and the supporting cast but a sequel that has so much potential that instead settles for being merely mediocre is close to being unforgiveable. That said however, it still could have been much worse and still remains a fun watch. Expand
  83. Oct 18, 2010
    The sequel lacks giving us something else to offer that wasn't already in Iron Man. However, Robert Downey Jr's performance makes this movie worth watching.
  84. Oct 15, 2010
    Wow....what a disappointment this was. More action to be sure, but for me, just having more action doesn't cut it. you have to bring over everything that made the first one great: A coherent, well told story, and interesting characters...which the second one did not. While I don't think this is the train wreck that a lot of people make it out to be, I just do not understand how so many people can say this is BETTER than the first. Expand
  85. Oct 10, 2010
    "Iron Man 2" is actually a fairly disappointing film in comparison to its superior predecessor. The action can be fun, while at some points fairly generic and mundane. However, the story of Tony Stark is a gripping and an endearing one. I love how he makes well-thought transitions in his struggle for power and humanity in a world that finds him immature; living off his father's blueprint to success. Expand
  86. Oct 9, 2010
    "Iron Man 2 is one of the sequels that by far beats out its Predecessor .. I loved every second of this thrill to the min Extravaganza ,Robert Downy Jr. Was Brilliant as Tony Stark .. a MUST SEE for everyone!" .. A
  87. Oct 8, 2010
    terrible, just awful. the clever discovery and good action and characters and humor and everything else from the great first movie is replaced by pure stupidity and disappointment.
  88. Oct 6, 2010
    a big disappointment yet again all the summer blockbusters are overhyped rubbish as usual the sequel is not nearly as good as the first.All of us wait in anticipation and for what?
  89. Oct 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a let down, I thought the first movie was pretty good (except for the fact that Iron man gets his %$# kicked by the bad guy and then defeats him without the need of his iron man powers!). The action scenes were boiler plate stuff, nothing special, the final battle was short and lame, and Downy's character was just plain annoying throughout the movie, and yes, once again Iron Man could not beat the bad guy with his Iron Man suit, he needs help this time around. Glad I waited to rent it! Expand
  90. Sep 29, 2010
    I'm giving this a 1 since it fails on so many levels. I go to the movies to escape reality / this film had too many political overtones. It felt like whatever script was available fell away only to be replaced with a jabbering/chattering Robert Downy Jr. His character seemed like a horny 11 year old amped up on caffeine and sugar. The first Iron Man had some meat to it, a decent story with a great mystery which was portrayed with great acting and outstanding special effects. This film just has special effects, nothing else. Expand
  91. Sep 28, 2010
    I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the predecessor of this Iron Man franchise. Well it was not exactly cerebral as The Dark Knight (its Summer opponent of 2008), it was fast-paced and indeed had enough action to fill its run time. I wish I could say the same about the sequel, Iron Man 2. What was a franchise known for its action, is now a dull plot-developing movie. The majority of the movie focused on the foolishness of Robert Downey's character. Although well-acted, I wish there was more "Iron Man" than of Tony Stark. The final scene of the movie does go back to it comic-book roots with the duo of War Machine & Iron Man, but it feels empty because there was not much to support it. It is an acceptable and somewhat enjoyable blockbuster, but I could not get over the mindless drama and lack of action. Expand
  92. Sep 28, 2010
    Iron Man 2 is a very good superhero film. The action scenes are pretty awesome,the story gets very well,but for my letdown size is that it gets too much corky scenes and it has dumbest dialogues for getting over the top. Mickey Rourke was so awesome as Whiplash,that will be my favorite villain in my top. Scarlett Johansson was awesome as Black Widow and she's kind of hot in the way,but far the hottest marvel chick ever! Don Cheadle did good,but the same person like Terrence Howard does,but I prefer Howard better. Robert Downey Jr. plays very good,but not much as good since the first one. I've just seen him every scene that gets more dumber and to be so stupid in the way and like I said it's more over the top and even gets weirder. So I really like this movie,but I heart times that I love is the first Iron Man movie that I always love to watch. But enjoy,not bad but in the good way. Expand
  93. Sep 25, 2010
    im not sure why this movie is rated so low? it had the perfect mix of action and comedy, had great acting ,an interesting storyline and some killer special effects. honestly what more could you ask for?
  94. Sep 15, 2010
    I personally thought it was same old, same old. I didn't love Iron Man 1, but I still liked it. Same goes for this sequel. However, this movie did get me pumped for movies like Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers!
  95. Sep 15, 2010
    Even though the movie is not as exciting or surprising like the first installment, this second part is still great superhero entertainment with a good script and nicely done action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow stand out once again with their great characters even more on this film. Yet, the change of the actor of the lieutenant may have not been for the best, because Don Cheadle does not show enough emotional friendship with Tony Stark. Still, it is a movie worth to check out! Expand
  96. Sep 12, 2010
    I quite liked it. A couple of plot holes (like, if Scarlet Johanssen could hack Rhodey's suit from the Hammer terminal, why couldn't she call off the drones, etc), but all in all a fun, enjoyable movie, and I thought everyone onscreen turned in great performances.

The complaints about confusing plots and multiple villains are really pretty laughable. The first had multiple villains, and
    the plot is pretty straightforward assuming you were kind enough to leave a little paste uneaten in grade school. Expand
  97. Sep 5, 2010
    A bit underwhelming and slow compared to the first one, but still mostly fun due to un-pretentiousness and playful irreverence so rare in superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. is the (polonium) heart of the franchise both as the playboy Stark and the Hammeroid fighting Iron Man, Sam Rockwell makes a great weaselly villain, Mickey Rourke speaks Russian like a real Slavonic soul, Scarlet Johansson has only one proper super-spy action scene as Natasha Romanov/Black Widow but her ballet-like kickassery steals the show and begs her own movie. A decent popcorn movie. Expand
  98. Aug 27, 2010
    It's easy to write off "Iron Man 2" as easy enjoyment, but let's look at what we have here: Mickey Rourke plays the blandest Russian villain imaginable; Robert Downey Jr. pulls off the role of Tony Stark as well as last time, but the bickering between him and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper gets worn thin pretty quickly; Scarlett Johansson shows up supposedly to introduce romantic strain between Stark and Pepper, but it soon becomes apparent that she is more there for the audience to ogle at (which I did). Saddest of all, the most interesting part of the movie was the Avengers subplot, which in the end really has no influence in the realm of the movie. And the discovery of Thor's Hammer at the end of the closing credits reveals all - "Iron Man 2" really isn't much more than a mediary between the (deserved) hype of the first "Iron Man" and the hype of the upcoming "Thor" movie. And this is why no one likes a critic. But seriously, Scarlett Johansson is hot. Expand
  99. Aug 24, 2010
    Although the first movie was much better, this was still a lot of fun! Highly recommended for all to see. Don't forget to see Robert Downey Jr. in Sherlock Holmes, too!
  100. Aug 22, 2010
    Meets expectations. That is all I wanted to say but there is a 150 character minimum for reviews, 131 more characters then I needed to make my point.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can’t put right for Iron Man 3.
  2. Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Isn't as much fun as its predecessor, but by the time the smoke clears, it'll do.