6.4

1. May 3, 2013
    As has been said by many others, this movie was incredibly disappointing. While the other two movies may not have stuck completely to the comics, this movie disrespects the characters that many of us have come to love. The movie itself is well made, with excellent effects, acting and humor here and there. Anyone who doesn't have much knowledge of the comics will likely enjoy this movie, asAs has been said by many others, this movie was incredibly disappointing. While the other two movies may not have stuck completely to the comics, this movie disrespects the characters that many of us have come to love. The movie itself is well made, with excellent effects, acting and humor here and there. Anyone who doesn't have much knowledge of the comics will likely enjoy this movie, as the story itself, taken completely independently from any other Iron Man stories (Aside from the movies of course), is very well formulated and engaging.

In summary, I had a hard time sitting through the entirety of the movie, and while it is a well made movie, I would personally not recommend it for anyone who cares/knows about the characters.
  2. May 3, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was an incredibly entertaining and clever movie. That said, like most superhero movies, it's a popcorn film, the kind where you simply sit back and enjoy the ride. And I3 certainly is a fun ride.
  3. May 3, 2013
    Watched the movie with my cousin 10 years and my uncle, both left happy movie, I went out thinking the movie because of the cool action scenes and some jokes "genius, billionaire and philanthropist" Tony Stark, because the rest I did not like. Fun, perfect word to summarize the film "Iron Man 3". The somber tone and tense past by trailers not passed print, the film follows the same tone ofWatched the movie with my cousin 10 years and my uncle, both left happy movie, I went out thinking the movie because of the cool action scenes and some jokes "genius, billionaire and philanthropist" Tony Stark, because the rest I did not like. Fun, perfect word to summarize the film "Iron Man 3". The somber tone and tense past by trailers not passed print, the film follows the same tone of other films, providing just more drama and personal problems to Tony Stark. On the positive side the film has the great action scenes, much improved compared to predecessors, and has a villain in an armor of Iron Man, but since it is something positive, we have seen this before, and jokes and Tony company, which even forced and coming at a bad time collaborating pro film look good "popcorn" (sit and have fun). Negative, first, the story seems to force more situations like the scene in which it appears in the trailer (not really a spoiler, but for the most conservative that they would not watch the trailer not to spoil surprises mark it as spoiler) Spoiler: Stark calls Mandarin to fight personally handing her his address before reporters, without thinking of the consequences and that just having your house destroyed by helicopters. Besides containing poorly explored characters like character who is the former relationship Stark and the boy that helps. The story does not have much content there and inexplicable things and many, many loose ends. I think choosing Shane Black as director was a mistake, he learned to drive the action scenes but did not know how to fit the jokes in some of his movies that were in perfect time. Something very negative, not for the film but for the Marvel universe in film, is the way the film ended, leaving a large cucumber to solve Joss Whedon (director of Avengers who will direct Avengers 2). MANY SPOILERS below: Spoiler: Dude! What was this close? Not the end of the movie, but what became Iron Man simply resets the franchise, making Stark without armor and without direction, one of the biggest was that Tony removed in a surgery any energy to their chest inexplicably, from what I understand it should have used this technology to remove extremis, from what I understand, because in no time as he relates in a simple surgery he was able to take, just stating why you did it so enigmatic, and what will be Pepper now has the extremis in your body? How this will influence the next stories. The film closes as if it were no more having movie Iron Man, but everyone knows that will be The Avengers 2. And boy! what they did with "Mandarin"?! Okay it's time to know that he was just an actor stoned and see how it really is, it was hilarious, but the image of him that built trailers, the anxiousness of seeing outside the Mandarin tv screens where it appears in the film, was all printing, felt betrayed by the dozens of trailers as well as I hoped this "villain" would be the highlight of the film, the film was all but has space for funny dialogues, which does not always make us laugh and could not be in the film along with the story to put more of the best, the action, especially if it is equal to the end. Gone is the time that movies meant everyone had to have only excuses for wild action, but if it is to have a story that only serves as the background, this would be the best way, and that tinkering with the universe of Man Iron in the cinema was very radical.

SORRY IF ENGLISH IS BAD, I AM BRAZILIAN.
  4. May 9, 2013
    I thought the movie was cool, funny and packed with action.
    The only thing I didn't like was American style super hero undermining other nationalities as if they were nothing, other than that good watch
  5. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman is a simple character, a guy, a suit and weapons. Can you image what they are going to do with Thor and Captain America? Part one of those two were ok, Thor not so much. Yet they are bringing on part 2 for both. Disney sure can kill a franchise, what will they do with Star Wars?

This Ironman showed us that anyone can wear and control an Ironman suit. No firewall defenses, Jarvus just lets them have it. 42 suits and you still cant take down a low profile hacked up villain. As far as Iron Patriot why even bother making the CGI for him? Standard liberal story a kid with a missing father. They dare not have a story where the father is a good guy.
  6. May 5, 2013
    Personally, this was my favorite installment of the Iron Man franchise. Does it feel like an Iron Man movie? Not really.Is it darker than the first two? Yes.

Iron Man 3 is definitely "A Shane Black Movie" rather than "A Marvel Movie" as his trademarks are "All over* this, but I enjoyed it a lot. I've seen other reviews that disliked the fact that it was so heavy and serious, but I have to disagree with that crowd, even though I can understand where they're coming from. The words "Dark and serious" mixed with "Superhero" don't exactly make sense. These types of movies are supposed to be relatively light and filled with nifty action sequences.

But if there's one character in the Marvel Universe that deserves to have the darker side of his story told; it's Tony Stark. They attempted to do so in Iron Man 2 with the hints of alcoholism and impending death, but failed---miserably in my opinion. With Iron Man 3, we get more into the modern day comics (Namely Matt Fraction's first few volumes of The Invincible Iron Man and Warren Ellis' beautifully written Extremis arc).

Again, I've seen reviews that didn't like the tone of the film, but I loved it! I liked the fact that we get to see Tony broken and vulnerable. It proves that, even though he's a superhero with awesome tech, he still still struggles with anxiety, guilt and other things like a "normal" person does. It humanizes him and given what he went through in "The Avengers", I found it to be a welcome change. I'm really happy that they chose to deal with his issues directly rather than sweeping them under the rug and forgetting about them altogether. We see Tony dealing with these issues and feelings all the time in the comics, so why not try it out on the screen?

As for it not following the comics: This is one *Major* gripe I've seen people have with the movie. I'll admit, I thought the plot would focus more heavily on the Extremis virus and how Tony integrates it into himself than it did, but it didn't really bother me too much. The thing I think people are most disappointed in (But nobody is brave enough to say) is both "The Twist" with the Mandarin (which has plenty of critics, but I think the real reason for the disappointment is with Extremis) and the fact that when the word "Extremis" was uttered, everyone thought they'd be getting something closer to Warren Ellis' storyline and they didn't.

About the only thing that bothered me was the use of flashbacks because it messed with the whole cinematic timeline of Iron Man as we know him, so there are a number of plotholes and inconsistencies throughout and if you're a die hard Iron Man comic person, that'll drive you crazy.

However, I still found it to be really enjoyable, plotholes and all. It's a fun and entertaining movie and in my view a great way to get the summer started! So if you can live with the fact there are plotholes and just have fun with it, it's a great movie. I recommend it!
  7. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an interesting movie in that I didn't hate it. But while watching and well somewhat enjoying the movie, I had this irking feeling from the middle to the end of the movie. From the beginning it was good in the sense of setting up a movie. Setting the tone and even introducing new characters, building them and old to the point of keeping my interest. I was soaked into the movie until the twist. And yes it is the Mandarin twist. Now I've never read the comics but I have heard from many that this villain is that of magic base and is the arch nemesis to Tony Stark. I though wow that would make a very interesting plot point, Science versus Magic and judging from the beginning it seemed that this villain would have been an excellent counterpart to Tony Stark, But no, sadly it was treated as a joke and for that it hurts me for when it disrespects the source material. And I'm sure many would argue that this movie was meant for people who don't follow the comics and that this was supposed to be a realistic approach in Iron Man. For that I argue if this was the reason, than why do that to a certain iconic character that has been well established in the franchise. Why not use a different villain or make up a new villain? Why hype up and advertise years before and publicly showcasing The Mandarin? Now enough with the Mandarin let's talk about other points of the movie. It was ok. But that's it. I didn't like how a lot of things were treated as a joke. Such as when Tony Stark was having panic attacks and well although it is suppose to be a serious matter, these attacks were shown in comic reliefs. These attacks could have made some interesting dilemmas during action scenes but it was cured and shrugged off before the climax. Not only that but the cure to it was lame in that it was something he was already doing in the first place. I didn't like the newest armor in that it was also treated as a joke. Yes, the armor was treated as a joke. It kept falling apart every time is hit something. Now for the overall plot. The plot was fine but very flimsy. It revolved around this virus? (not really a virus) called Estremis, which basically fixes and enhances everything in the body. So if you're missing a leg, you'll grow it back but also you have like super-human strength and stuff. Now I actually like this new thing, it was cool and interesting, and really the movie alone could have worked off this without having anything to do with the Mandarin. Woops sorry went back to The Mandarin. Other-wise I like the action, its still a good action flick, there are many other gripes about this movie but none that are as big as these points, and really it did not live up to the hype. The hype being a lie that is since the plot had nothing to do with what was advertise. Not the best Iron Man, better than 2, but the first is still better. I was really hoping this movie could have surpassed the first but it was an utter disappointment. Still though it's action right....... Expand
  8. May 5, 2013
    Look, I know what they did to the Mandarin but that has nothing to do with how good (or not good) the movie was. It is almost on par with the first one and is a large improvement over the second. The pacing of this movie made it constantly entertaining. When all the cards are on the table, it is a MOVIE first and not a comic book. Shane Black has provided a fresh movie for the MCU. I wishLook, I know what they did to the Mandarin but that has nothing to do with how good (or not good) the movie was. It is almost on par with the first one and is a large improvement over the second. The pacing of this movie made it constantly entertaining. When all the cards are on the table, it is a MOVIE first and not a comic book. Shane Black has provided a fresh movie for the MCU. I wish it would have given a little more info on future installments but I understand why it didn't. Expand
  9. May 5, 2013
    THE GOOD: Iron Man 3's first premise was to have characters not only stepping out of the shadows, but back into the shadows as the aftermath of The Avenger's eats away at a once over proud Tony Stark. His struggle throughout adds so much more development to the character and truly makes him feel more human than the vain main-man we are used to seeing.
    The villain aspect, albeit untrue to
    The villain aspect, albeit untrue to an extent, is still refreshing for someone who knows about the comic equivalent but isn't a complete fanboy that will pick holes. Everyone to their own, but I would much rather see a film that surprises me than one where I'm given the outcomes I expect.
    Generally, cinematography, sound and every other technical aspect are what you would expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or any other high budget movie for that matter; from loud, intense action sequences to the slower moments filled with emotion.

THE BAD: I can't completely justify their treatment of the villain being a comic book fan, although refreshing and unexpected what infuriates me the most is the plot holes/unjustified use of references to 'The Ten Rings' in previous movies.
    Although Tony Stark was, for the first time since the opening sequence of the first movie, emotionally human again, they jam packed this film full of Robert Downey Jr's humour even in moments where it wasn't necessary. I know he has a charm that suits Tony Stark perfectly and don't need to be reminded of it every second of every movie, even in potentially life threatening situations. I understand heroes are bad***, but they are meant to be relate-able too.

OVERALL: This movie is definitely worth a go, even for the sceptical comic book fans as this isn't an adaptation of a single comic storyline, but more of a different interpretation of the character and the foes he faces.
    With the premise of rotating characters to and from the shadows, let's not forget that Iron Man 3 is living in the shadows of 2012's comic book movie explosion, I think expectations may have been set a little high but Iron Man 3 tries it's best and delivers as much as possible.
  10. May 8, 2013
    It seems more a parody than a movie of Iron Man. The characters are portraited as parody of their original comic-book counterpart. Feel so disappointed.
  11. May 6, 2013
    Saw it when it was called Iron Man 2. It was predictable and the over acting made it another useless movie. Don't waste your brain cells on such a movie.
  12. May 6, 2013
    such high hopes for the third installment of the franchise, but the disappointments never letting up from beginning to end, left an even more sour taste in my mouth. The treatment of the characters was not only non-entertaining, but fell very flat. Jon Farveau handled the terrorist angle brilliantly in the first film with Obadiah Stane, here The Mandarin character while decently acted bysuch high hopes for the third installment of the franchise, but the disappointments never letting up from beginning to end, left an even more sour taste in my mouth. The treatment of the characters was not only non-entertaining, but fell very flat. Jon Farveau handled the terrorist angle brilliantly in the first film with Obadiah Stane, here The Mandarin character while decently acted by Ben Kingsley, might have worked as a ‘bait and switch’ if he had been replaced with a more interesting and menacing character other than what turned out to be the failed scientist Aldrich Killian. The plot is thin and muddled with Tony Stark suffering from anxiety attacks (he only NOW gets to that point?) again, this might work, if the movie actually showed him caring about the supposed love of this life Pepper. Instead, it trots along, not giving any real human connection between any of the characters. I end up going where I never thought I would with Tony Stark not really caring what happens to him. Which makes me sad the more I think about it. Even the coined humor of the armored avenger seemed forced and often times mean and ill-spirited. If The Avengers taught us anything, it was that you can take a plot about unbelievable things and make a well thought out, believable movie out of it. Iron Man 3 suffers not just from choosing to go a less entertaining, less thought provoking route, but also because it took a step back with tired, worn, overdone concepts. Such a shame really with the wealth of material the comic world has to offer in the way of Iron Man, material Iron Man 1 & 2 took full advantage of. Expand
  13. May 6, 2013
    i only subscribe in this page, to comment that the film is and absolutely dog excrement, i am a marvel fan and a comics collector and i know the character, but this is the worst film i see this year with no dude, just pathetic

no argument, no action, bad jokes, bad ending...........my god, sure the director was drunk or worse when he made it....
  14. May 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie was some what of a mixed bag, the misuse of Sir Ben Kingsley, though his performance was very very memorable in an unpredictable way, was a main area of disappointment for Iron Man 3. In my opinion Shane Black and co should have stuck closer to the source material of the comic books and had The Mandarin played out in a truer to the origin form. My reason for this is Ben Kingsley's performance in the transmission interruptions were frighteningly impressive and an actor of that stature should not have been so sorely misused. On the contrary, Stark's interactions with Harley were a high point of the film as were the special effects, and the post-credit scene with Dr. Banner was a nice touch. All in all, the movie was an interesting spectacle but I am left with the question of what could have been? Expand
  15. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quick Rant/Review

This movie was one of the most anticipated film for me this and and it somewhat disappoints. After 3 movies, I think this one by far is the worst simply because of that confusing twist with the mandarin! And that whole part with the little kid I forgot his name was just irrelevant, No it was STUPID, only to attract the much younger audience. The Mandarin was also a joke before the movie i was hoping for an epic fight scene with tony and the mandarin. However I get extremist agents the main baddies hacking and slashing away with all these suits. Additionally whats up with the way they made the Iron man suits so FREAKIN' weak in this movie, I remember Thor hitting the iron man suit with his hammer and only to sustain a couple of dents on the suit. but in IM3 most of his suits is torn in half with a single hit?? And with that the only pro with this one is the couple of funny banter with Tony and the inclusion with the extra suits
    I have to say if you don't wan't to ruin the smart-ass, Tony Stark in your mind i suggest you dont watch this movie's ending
    Also, I'd like to rant on the lack of the AC/DC ;D
  16. May 8, 2013
    Although this movie is a mess,there is a way to get the real Mandarin in next Iron Man movie.But however this is still a very useless Iron Man movie.Although now Iron Man is an 'A' superhero, this non-existing plot is a very poorly written 'B' story.Not much positives from this movie,so i intended to forget this!
  17. May 7, 2013
    For me it just got a “good” rating and nothing more.

The reason I cannot give it more is because of the following.... The Mandarin is an Ancient Mystic being from the Orient who has been able to harness special ancient mystic powers into forged rings that were made from swords, shields and even crowns of many historical warriors and kings. In the 1960's, 70's and early 80's The
    For me it just got a “good” rating and nothing more.

The reason I cannot give it more is because of the following....

In the 1960's, 70's and early 80's The Mandarin was to Iron Man what the Joker is to Batman.

He has the demeanor of Darth Vader.....The guy in the movie had the demeanor of Cheech from Cheech and Chong. As My Wife would say....."Really ?"

Tony knows Technology and Science but not the Mystic Arts and Magic which makes the Mandarin a worthy opponent.

The movie started as though The Mandarin was going the main villain and Aldridge (AIM) was the secondary villain (or lack thereof).
    It was the complete opposite. In fact, The Mandarin was some kind of hoax and comedy relief. Let alone they made him kind of like a Saudi that was in hiding that Tony found like when the US troops found Osama Bin Laden.

The action was good and worth seeing for the CGI effects but nothing else !
    Seems as though the primary focus during production was the technology and CGI effects.
    The story was secondary which made a lack of a major plot and thus suffered.

Maybe since I am a die-hard comic fan I am over analyzing this…maybe not.

Oh well, At least we have Superman next month, Wolverine in July and Thor in November.
  18. May 7, 2013
    In comparison to the originality of the first movie, IM3 falls short, not just on story, but direction and editing. It looks like Paramount just threw a bunch of things into a stock pot and assumed because it revolved around the Marvel franchise, that we would automatically accept it. This is greed and laziness on the studios part, even Avengers was way better, IM2 has a momentum andIn comparison to the originality of the first movie, IM3 falls short, not just on story, but direction and editing. It looks like Paramount just threw a bunch of things into a stock pot and assumed because it revolved around the Marvel franchise, that we would automatically accept it. This is greed and laziness on the studios part, even Avengers was way better, IM2 has a momentum and dynamic, it's weak in parts but aside from Rouke's character being campy, is still watchable. The true test of time is when these films materialize on FX cable years later, I can never get tired of watching IM1, but this last installment was blah, overdone, and hokey, Kingsley role as the villain was left to being a laughable Buffon of a joke. When will Hollywood treat the legacy of these series with more respect, sure IM3 is going to make a ton of money, it's was budgeted in at about 200 mil, but who really cares, when they slapped together, a half baked, shoddy finale to a very interesting super hero..... Expand
  19. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very disappointed, the actors do well with the story they are given, sadly that story is just terrible. My kids fell asleep and they are absolutely hooked on the Avengers characters and all things Marvel related.
    I heard they wanted to give the characters more screen time but you have to make an action movie about action.
    The showdown at the end was about all the action Iron Man fans could take away from this slow and painful butchery of the Mandarin, Iron Man and War Machine characters.
    No one wants to see glimpses of the empty suit wandering around the mansion or the Mandarin turned into a flame throwing yuppy with a grossly overblown grudge.
    Shane Black is clearly the most destructive villain in this movie, Iron Man 3 is Tony Stark destroying his previously well defined role as a super hero. I expected the final scene to be Stark paying restitution and making public apologies after destroying all the suits and quiting so he could have more quality time with Pepper.
  20. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mannnn, this movie stunk! Is Stan Lee going senile or something? How much money did Hollywood pay him (or drug him) to allow them to wreck the Mandarin villain like that? The plot drug on too much in the beginning, the PTSD thing Tony Starks suffers from blows, and the villain twist was just lame. This comic-book hero movie has for the first time made me hope this trendy movie fad dies a quick death now. Downey looks old and tired and I liked him as an actor in the first Ironman and others, but they need to weld the iron door shut on this series for good my goodness. Anyone saying this movie is good must be easily entertained. Expand
  21. May 9, 2013
    Entertaining but full of plot holes and lacking a good villain. Plotlines annoying wrapped up at the conclusion without much explanation. Has less actual Iron Man action than even the Avengers. About on par with Iron Man 2. Probably won't watch ever again.
  22. May 10, 2013
    hated it!!!!!!!!

hated it!!!!!!!!

motivation for bad guy were weak... he started an evil terrorist group and kills people because he was ignored at a party by tony stark in 1999.... what they did to the mandarian character is unforgivable.... the post credit scene was horrible, wasn't entertaining nor funny and didn't further the anticipation for any upcoming marvel movies.... marvel had a good run but this was nothing but a money grab and pandering to the chinese market... the mandarian was originally chinese but you couldn't tell in this film.

atleast superman is around the corner- i guess iam switching over to dc movies from now on
  23. May 10, 2013
    I just watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the same week I saw Iron Man 3 so maybe because I didn't have to wait a year to see this one, I found it enjoyable! I know some hard core fans have their complaints but over all it was 100x better than the last installment to the Batman series. Clearly not related but as far as trilogies go, there's a lot of expectation to finish off the series in aI just watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the same week I saw Iron Man 3 so maybe because I didn't have to wait a year to see this one, I found it enjoyable! I know some hard core fans have their complaints but over all it was 100x better than the last installment to the Batman series. Clearly not related but as far as trilogies go, there's a lot of expectation to finish off the series in a good way. I think Iron Man 3 did that. Robert Downy Jr is so much fun to watch (and easy on the eyes, right ladies and gents?) and the SFX of 17 studios was pretty amazing. Good job! Expand
  24. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love iron man 3, I really do but it falls flat when the mandarin is not the mandarin if you get what i mean. I absolutely loved the evil terrorist looking character. But when they changed that it really pissed me of. But it was still a great time and i did like it. Expand
  25. May 12, 2013
    A good movie all and all but not as good as Iron man 1 & 2. In this movie Tony Stark faces two of Marvel's worst villains in the Mandarin and AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics). After He nearly died in "the avengers" Tony is suffering from PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), can't sleep and when he does sleep dreams him and his love Pepper Pots dies. Tony is in no shape to fight any criminalA good movie all and all but not as good as Iron man 1 & 2. In this movie Tony Stark faces two of Marvel's worst villains in the Mandarin and AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics). After He nearly died in "the avengers" Tony is suffering from PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), can't sleep and when he does sleep dreams him and his love Pepper Pots dies. Tony is in no shape to fight any criminal but when a old friend of his is nearly killed in a attack by Mandarin and AIM Tony can't take it no more and calls them out. BIG Mistake!!! They attack without mercy, level his home and every body(including Pepper) thinks Tony is dead. But Tony lives and after recovering from their attack rebuilds his armor tracks them down and gets his pay-back! As I said the plot is OK but not great and many Marvel fans will really hate how the plot strays from the comic big time. But it's ok and leaves a great reason for a Iron Man 4 movie.I give it a 5 from 1 to 10. Expand
  26. May 12, 2013
    It is really fun and very enjoyable. The visual effect are very Well done but is a normal movie. The movie is not an spectacular movie but is really run to all family
  27. May 13, 2013
    German: Der Film ist wirklich gut gelungen. Leider bei weitem nicht so gut wie der erste Teil. Leider lohnt es sich NICHT den Film in 3D anzugucken, da die Effekte im besten Fall mittelmäßig sind.

Fazit: Für einen DVD-Abend auf der Couch super aber geht für das Geld lieber in Star Trek (ist der viel bessere Actionfilm und nicht nur was für Trekies)
  28. May 13, 2013
    This was s good way to spend a Saturday night there was a lot of action let me just say that again there was a hell of a lot of action through out the movie and it was very well done As I've been telling everyone else its better then two but not as good a one so go in with that mind set and you will have a good time with the film (unless your a die hard iron man fan then you willThis was s good way to spend a Saturday night there was a lot of action let me just say that again there was a hell of a lot of action through out the movie and it was very well done As I've been telling everyone else its better then two but not as good a one so go in with that mind set and you will have a good time with the film (unless your a die hard iron man fan then you will probably hate it Expand
  29. May 14, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was a very interesting movie, and the action/comedy was great. The storyline was, however, slightly anticlimactic for it's standard and hype, but that isn't a debilitating thing about the movie. Even though I thought some parts of the movie were a bit unrealistic (won't spoil it for the rest of the people waiting to watch), that's acceptable in an action movie. Downey Jr. did aIron Man 3 was a very interesting movie, and the action/comedy was great. The storyline was, however, slightly anticlimactic for it's standard and hype, but that isn't a debilitating thing about the movie. Even though I thought some parts of the movie were a bit unrealistic (won't spoil it for the rest of the people waiting to watch), that's acceptable in an action movie. Downey Jr. did a respectable job for his share of acting. Expand
  30. May 14, 2013
    Iron Man 3, while not being better than the original Iron Man, is far improved when compared to Iron Man 2. Robert Downey Jr. is in his typical smart-alec humorist, narcissistic, bad ass mantra, while this time developing more of a heart as his relationship with people and Pepper blossom. The action in this film is extremely intense and blood pumping, while not over powering the plot. TheIron Man 3, while not being better than the original Iron Man, is far improved when compared to Iron Man 2. Robert Downey Jr. is in his typical smart-alec humorist, narcissistic, bad ass mantra, while this time developing more of a heart as his relationship with people and Pepper blossom. The action in this film is extremely intense and blood pumping, while not over powering the plot. The plot is equally enthralling, leaving you on the edge of your seat, but giving you enough dramatic irony to make you empathize with the characters. Tony Starks interplay with the boy in Tennessee is charming, and enough to make the most judgmental appreciate Tony Stark. Ben Kingsley's cameo is brilliant and hysterical. Sadly I'm left wondering how Iron Man really gets the bad guys, it just kind of... happens. Overall, good movie. amongst the best superhero movies being made currently. Not a spectacular, but still a great movie. Expand
  31. May 14, 2013
    In this years Hollywood creates a good film about Marvel Heroes, Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr is a concrete and perfect opera, beautiful in every facet. But in this case as always happens the sequels are
    awfully undertone. Film for business anything else
  32. May 15, 2013
    The return of Iron Man is always full of surprises with this new result was no different. With great visual effects that follow the same pattern as the previous films, action to stay toltamente dazzled and magnetic charisma of Tony Stark complete the film. But in Quisito script the film was a bit weak compared to the others, if I had a script a bit more coherent film could be a moreThe return of Iron Man is always full of surprises with this new result was no different. With great visual effects that follow the same pattern as the previous films, action to stay toltamente dazzled and magnetic charisma of Tony Stark complete the film. But in Quisito script the film was a bit weak compared to the others, if I had a script a bit more coherent film could be a more complete but was not Expand
  33. May 16, 2013
    A solid action movie with great visuals and fun humour. While Robert Downey Jr. plays his role excellently, the supporting cast fails to inspire. Furthermore, the villain and prime predicament are generally uninteresting.

The main components that will keep you involved in this movie is its great action, stunning visuals (recommended: watch in 3D!), clever humour, and overall blockbuster feel to it.
    Don't expect a hugely innovative movie here (as Iron Man 1 was); this movie is highly enjoyable to watch with friends. It's a good movie for a weekend outing, but rather forgettable.
  34. May 19, 2013
    Really enjoyed this movie! Great visuals along with great sound effects. It also incorporated the avengers which was a nice spin. The adult puns were fantastic. Although I really wasn't a fan of the last two movies, this one turned out pretty good! Good family movie!
  35. May 16, 2013
    The trailer looked like absolute crap. Typical story, typical bad guy, typical typical typical. But after seeing the movie it was actually quite suprising. The plot was very good en the humor was better then expected. On the other hand there where some things that were rubbish (people who've seen the movie will know what i mean). Oh well, it makes you forget about the terrible ironman 2The trailer looked like absolute crap. Typical story, typical bad guy, typical typical typical. But after seeing the movie it was actually quite suprising. The plot was very good en the humor was better then expected. On the other hand there where some things that were rubbish (people who've seen the movie will know what i mean). Oh well, it makes you forget about the terrible ironman 2 and still makes you love tony stark. Expand
  36. Jun 8, 2013
    It's an enjoyable movie, yet somewhat predictable. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Tony Stark/Ironman yet again. The villains weren't anything special and the ending could have been better. But I liked the whole Tony/Pepper dynamic and the action sequences were good. Overall, I would say it's fairly light on plot, but with solid action and acting, it isn't a bad movie. It isn't great,It's an enjoyable movie, yet somewhat predictable. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Tony Stark/Ironman yet again. The villains weren't anything special and the ending could have been better. But I liked the whole Tony/Pepper dynamic and the action sequences were good. Overall, I would say it's fairly light on plot, but with solid action and acting, it isn't a bad movie. It isn't great, but it is enjoyable. Expand
  37. May 17, 2013
    The problem with Iron Man 3 is that it missed countless opportunities to great, and is no where near as engaging as some of the recent superhero flicks, but its still an entertaining summer blockbuster with some excellent set pieces. But be prepared, you will be disappointed.
  38. May 18, 2013
    There are so many things that went wrong with this that I suggest you read spoiler filled reviews if you want to watch it. That way you wont have to watch it and I will have saved your life. Worst movie I've seen since Bratz: The Movie. Infinitely horrible. I want my money back. I also want apparently-retarded-Stark to build me a time machine so I can go back and never pay for this piece of sh*t.
  39. May 19, 2013
    This was a good movie but it disappointed too many people by not following the comic. The fake Mandarin thing was a real disappointment and I'm disappointed with the change of War Machine. War Machine looked so much better in the 2nd movie and it wasn't even that good in that movie. They should have improved him even if he is not the focus. But if you ignore the comics, this is actually aThis was a good movie but it disappointed too many people by not following the comic. The fake Mandarin thing was a real disappointment and I'm disappointed with the change of War Machine. War Machine looked so much better in the 2nd movie and it wasn't even that good in that movie. They should have improved him even if he is not the focus. But if you ignore the comics, this is actually a good movie. If you are not an Iron Man fan then the twist will just make you laugh. Though this movie didn't really have a climax it still had a good Suits vs Monster scene. Would have been better if they concentrated on that fight than the Tony fight but its still good. They showed some tidbits of it. Overall a good movie. Expand
  40. May 19, 2013
    This movie IS NOT a direct adaption of either the Extremis or Mandarin story lines. And that is by no means a bad thing. I feel that anybody giving this movie a poor score does not understand the point of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is it's own universe, and doesn't completely follow the comics. Get over it. Yes, the comics are fantastic, but expecting these movies to have thoseThis movie IS NOT a direct adaption of either the Extremis or Mandarin story lines. And that is by no means a bad thing. I feel that anybody giving this movie a poor score does not understand the point of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is it's own universe, and doesn't completely follow the comics. Get over it. Yes, the comics are fantastic, but expecting these movies to have those exact same characters, story lines, and style is simply setting yourself up for disappointment. I will admit that the movie's biggest plot twist was a momentary let down for me. But then I began thinking, and realized how clever, risky, and bold it was of Marvel to do what they did. It froze the plot for a scene or two, but the rest of the movie easily regained that momentum. These movies are meant to be witty, action-packed entertainment. They've always been among the best as far as action movies go, and I for one was not disappointed by this movie. It was sweet to see Tony Stark in action outside of his suit, Guy Pierce and Ben Kingsley were great (while not spectacular) villains, and the plot twist may have been strange, but it certainly is not the movie breaking tragedy that fans are making it out to be. This movie has layers of greatness to it, and it's a shame to see people walk away disappointed from this film because they forget that it was exactly that; a film, and not an adapted motion comic. The Mandarin from the comics would not have fit to the Marvel Cinematic Universe at this point in its cycle, and the way they handled him was shocking and daring, but never felt disappointing. Accept this movie as its own creation, and if you've enjoyed the rest of these films, you will undoubtedly love it. Expand
  41. May 19, 2013
    I do see many bad parts of this movie such as chsy movie scenes I found over the top and stupid although I find excusable do to the great action and a tiny concept of a comedy movie. I enjoyed it mostly but found Robert Downy Jr.'s acting slopping to an end of the Iron Man series.
  42. May 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great start for summer movies, IM3 was amazing, heart throttling. If you only like superhero movies that gowith the comics I would not recommend. I mean I really wish they didn't do that to the mandarin other than that great movie. Expand
  43. May 29, 2013
    I saw Iron Man 3 last night, and first of all; it’s really disappointing to see a film series that started out so strongly reach to the unenviable level of mild entertainment, if even so. "A piping hot mess", as Tony Stark would put it. The tonal shifts, absurd plotting and the sheer level of disrespect for the source material (for all the geeks who care) made this summer blockbuster aI saw Iron Man 3 last night, and first of all; it’s really disappointing to see a film series that started out so strongly reach to the unenviable level of mild entertainment, if even so. "A piping hot mess", as Tony Stark would put it. The tonal shifts, absurd plotting and the sheer level of disrespect for the source material (for all the geeks who care) made this summer blockbuster a piping hot mess, indeed. Our new director on board is Shane Black and I must admit he did pretty good job in the way of characterizations in the first half of this flick. Tony's post traumatic stress disorder, from the events of 'The Avengers', was developing well. But, as the second half rolled in, things drastically change from being a character-centric event to a bloated non-stop action fest, which, mind you, wasn't even creatively staged. There seems to be a belief that more plot equals better story, but that bombardment of ineffective plot twists only regressed the story at hand. Being so focused on surprising the audience, I don’t think the writers were ever fully capable of telling a solid story and polishing the muddy motives of our paper thin villain. And I can’t leave here without mentioning those perennial bursts of “humor” which only functioned to pull the audience out of key dramatic moments. Overall the movie relied so heavily on build up but ultimately undid itself in several ways. This really showed how hollow this shiny hunk of metal really was. Expand
  44. May 22, 2013
    Another movie that wants to be The Dark Knight. Only it abandons that after awhile, and starts trying to be its own thing, which I can respect. These kinds of movies can use some more twists and surprises, which Shane Black delivers. Unfortunately, while it's funny in several places it's just not enough fun.
    I wouldn't call myself a Black Sabbath or an AC/DC fan, but there was something
    I wouldn't call myself a Black Sabbath or an AC/DC fan, but there was something pretty great about Robert Downey flying around to it previously that doesn't happen in the third film.

No, the third film wants to be serious. Except it doesn't. You can't have it all.
  45. May 24, 2013
    I don't understand why people don't grasp the concept that this is a movie, and not everything has to be identical to the comics. The movie does a great job of taking characters created 60 years ago and turning them into believable in our time. If your complaint is misdirection, get over it. That was the point, to provide an experience, not cater to every comic fans need to be exactly likeI don't understand why people don't grasp the concept that this is a movie, and not everything has to be identical to the comics. The movie does a great job of taking characters created 60 years ago and turning them into believable in our time. If your complaint is misdirection, get over it. That was the point, to provide an experience, not cater to every comic fans need to be exactly like the comic. Expand
  46. May 25, 2013
    I Liked it I thought the twist and how it ended was strange but I still enjoyed it very much. I hope Iron man is back in Avengers 2.I guess for now we wait to see where Iron Man Movies go from here.
  47. May 25, 2013
    This is now one of my most favorite movies of all time! Iron Man is my favorite Marvel hero, besides Wolverine, and this was the best of them all! Going to see it again, this time in 3D!
  48. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This part is second best from trilogy, after 1st. Whole movie is about Tony Stark not the Iron Man. This change made movie look less superhero and showed us much more jokes and funny atmosphere. The trick with villain was really something, I haven t expected such thing.

So movie is easy watching and you can laugh during watch, don t expect much from it. But considering that this is last part, I am bit disappointed.
  49. May 30, 2013
    The Mandarin idea was an interesting choice for a country that is in fear of terrorism. The interpseudoism that scares the viewer into believing a terrorist attack is possible is clearly a retention method. Consumption keeps the economy revolving.
  50. Jun 1, 2013
    this is one blockbuster comic book movie that actually felt a bit left field at times. maybe its a strength. i really enjoyed the pepper side plot and the one with the boy makes sense.
  51. Jun 2, 2013
    You can be the most arrogant man in the world parading around with your money, telling the National guard to suck it...Bud when you Get Pummeled by a God, Fix an invisible ship, and warp into outer space to save the world, you might get knocked down a peg or two ...

Iron Man 3 I guess now that I am reviewing this I am going to have to review the entire trilogy so be ready for

Iron Man 3

I guess now that I am reviewing this I am going to have to review the entire trilogy so be ready for Those Posts. So to me this movie is a sequel of two movies, Iron Man, and the Avengers. Why, because the Director, Shane Black is smart and he understands that that bore fest Iron Man 2 Never existed. So let us get on with the review of the movie that launched our SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER SEASON!!!

Cast and Crew

Iron Man 3 stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyeth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Peirce, and Ben Kingsley. The movie is Directed by Shane Black, the mind behind Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon 2, and The Screenplay writer of "Last Action Hero" ....

Well he wrote the Screenplay, he didn't direct the Last Action Hero. Shane Black is more known for his quick and smart dialogue. This is a style that you would understand if you watch "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" (I recommend it). So how did Shane Black handle the summer Epic? Pretty well. The Directer worked with Downy Jr. Before and knows how to utilize the guy. The Cast is Phenomenal with Don Cheadle doing a much better job as the Iron Patriot. As a fan service, he still sees himself as a war machine....ooooh speaking of fan service. I'll save that part for later :D

The Story
    Iron Man 3 is the story of Tony Stark post Avengers incident. Tony is left legitimately frightened after the incident in New York city that changes his life. Tony is left to his thoughts when a terrorist who calls himself the Manderine starts attacking LA. Now Tony has to face the Maderine while trying to battle with his own demons.
    That is the story and the story is great but there is an issue within the story that will inevitably divide the fans of this movie. Many who watched the movie know exactly what I am talking about but since the problem didn't piss me off to the core I will not spoil it. Of course I will have to create a retrospective post where I will get spoilerific about this movie. The story is good. It is exiting, Iron man is faced with a real threat and while you aren't left thinking "how the hell is Tony going to win?" you do still feel that he is facing a real and dangerous threat.

Presentation
    The Special effects and acting in this film is great. This is mostly due to the fact that Shane Black Utilizes a lot of Tony Stark in this film. This movie really brings the audience closer to the type of individual Tony is and I really liked that about this film. The Direction pulled out all the stops to show that these movies are not all about a CGI tin man that can fly, it is about Tony Stark. The performances are great and the movie makes good with showing you this. My only problem with the presentation was the inability to demonstrate certain things in a light that won't piss off the fans. I have a feeling I know where the story because of my knowledge of the franchise and its film adaptation. However, liberties were taken that make me fully understand that fans will be pissed and that all falls in the hands of the presentation.

The Rating
    After going to the theater to see this I am totally pumped for the summer season. Iron Man 3 has its problems has its problems but totally outshines part 2, and in some instances the first instalment as well. I still don't agree with some of the choices and chances the movie takes but those choices actually benefited the film. Angry Fans, all can say is remember Iron Man because the first instalment took liberties and facilitated in cheap propaganda. The ending was even a bit anti-climactic as well. this movie was well structured well played, and well presented and it was a totally fun watch. I am a stickler for source material so that will definitely knock this movie down a peg from being delicious. Iron Man 3 was certainly a tasty treat and

Great Tasting

52. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Once again, the superhero genre has released yet another faulty movie. The brilliant original Iron Man is nowhere to be found. Instead, we get a lot of what we saw in Iron Man 2 which was also pretty bad. The things I will most remember from this movie:

1. Iron Man armor can fit anyone, no matter their height or weight
    2. Apparently all the villains in the Iron Man world rival his strength
    3. Anyone can be a superhero and save the day
    4. Tony Starks character arc is a one trick pony
    5. The (seemingly indestructible in previous films) Iron Man suits double as fireworks
    6. Tony Stark didn't need to discover a new element or keep the electro-magnet in his chest at all, he only needed to have surgery and he could have been free of his "struggle"

I'm always baffled at how movies can start out so awesome in the first iteration only to end up worse as they go on. Time to retire this character until Marvel can write a compelling story.
  53. Jun 10, 2013
    The movie was ok. I expected more. You know The Avengers style. It's not like that. It is entertaining to some points but in general i was disappointed with the movie as i expected more. However, it's fun to watch in the cinema. Hope if there's a next iron man will be better.
  54. Jun 15, 2013
    Though I have to admit IM3 is better than IM2, I still wasn't impressed by the story line. Since the first movie there hasn't really been breathtaking action scenes, only some mediocre ones. But that not really why I wasn't a fan. It was the path of unexplained phenomenon's throughout the movie. It was just full of things they were throwing at us and telling us to believe it.
  55. Jun 14, 2013
    Complete garbage of a movie. This is a movie in which hollywood completely is milking the franchise and is just literally a set up movie for the avengers. No real thought into the main villain while destroying the mandarin which pretty much ruined this movie for me. I get the spin on mandarin but he is essential to the Ironman series, making a mockery out of him was a big no-no for anComplete garbage of a movie. This is a movie in which hollywood completely is milking the franchise and is just literally a set up movie for the avengers. No real thought into the main villain while destroying the mandarin which pretty much ruined this movie for me. I get the spin on mandarin but he is essential to the Ironman series, making a mockery out of him was a big no-no for an Ironman fan. The only reason why I didn't give it a zero is because of the suits and rdj. ALL IN ALL I'D RATHER WATCH PAINT DRY ON A WALL FOR 2 HOURS Expand
  56. Jun 15, 2013
    Too rated, boring, low action scenes. Only good is Robert and special effects. This is the point when MARVEL have to stop with this franchise. Could be better with a reboot.
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello! When I watch the 'Iron Man 3', was expecting to see a big order with big villains to begin with Mandarin could have been better presented, not shown as a bad comedian, moreover, the end left much to be desired, what happened to the romantic pair of Tony after the mutation suffered? What saves the film is the action scenes very well built. Expand
  58. Jun 21, 2013
    Unfocused in its purpose, plot, and characters, Iron Man 3 is ultimately a disappointment. Perhaps its only highlight was the action and explosions, typical of most action blockbusters. It does get credit for framing the tale in a manner that explores Tony Stark's issues in balancing his superhero persona and normality. Otherwise, the jokes are stale and the characters one-dimensional.Unfocused in its purpose, plot, and characters, Iron Man 3 is ultimately a disappointment. Perhaps its only highlight was the action and explosions, typical of most action blockbusters. It does get credit for framing the tale in a manner that explores Tony Stark's issues in balancing his superhero persona and normality. Otherwise, the jokes are stale and the characters one-dimensional. Neither the villain (The Mandarin) nor Tony Stark seem to have a legitimate motivation or back-story to make the conflict legitimate. In the end, it becomes apparent the movie was made only to make money. Expand
  59. Jun 21, 2013
    After the massive disappointment of Iron man 2 and the avengers this movie had to be good but once again it didn't deliver. Since Iron man 1 the series has gone on a crash course. To say the least this was a mindless action film that had no heart at all and I saw the plot twist coming from miles away.
  60. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ten Reasons Iron Man 3 was an absolute disappointment. Ranked in no particular order.

1) No AC/DC

2) Replaced Tony's Alcholism with Anxiety Disorder

3) Mandarin was fake and was completely misleading in the trailer

4) Apparently the suits no require a "charge" rather than pulling energy from the ark

5) Tony destroys all his suit because his grilfriend says so...

6) Kills Iron Man, Tony removes the ark and scrapnel from his chest, that apparently could not be done in IM 1 or 2, even though the entire second movie was about the ark poisoning him...

7) Extremis Goons could apparently more easily destroy Iron Man armor than the god of Thunder

8) Should have been called "Tony Stark 1 I can't do anything I use to do and barely where my suit."

9) 70's Spy Movie Montage for Credits

10) Bruce Banner unknowingly making commentary on the terrible movie by falling asleep to Tony'y retelling of it.

This movie is a terrible conclusion to one of the best franchises. Just don't see it.
  61. Aug 26, 2013
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    I hate sequels, I hate watching same characters, story. I thought it is another Iron Man same movie.
    but this movie is completely different movie what I was expecting, completely new different movie, ideas. That's what I love about it. Everything was great. Great villains, battle scenes. Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron Man.
    It really surprise me.
  62. Sep 19, 2013
    I hate this movie is such a boring, overrated piece of ever made and the worst superhero film since Batman& Robin they ruined the mandarin who are suppose to be the greatest villains and the portrayed as idiots
  63. Sep 23, 2013
    The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.

Film contains too much action, no real emotions or anything.
  64. Sep 26, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personalityIron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personality with this pointless anxiety quirck. The FX was stupid and seemed to be thrown in to patch the poorly written and conceived script. The Mandarin character could have neen developed into something great in the hands of a capable writer and director: instead it is willfully forgettable. Awful, awful awful from every perspective that made Iron Man 1 and 2 so great. I am sorry for the great talent in this film which was mismanaged. I wish I could have previewed it and not bought the blu ray, which I thankfully got at a big release discount, but I think anything over $2.99 for. The blu ray is a rip off. Expand
  65. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a movie watcher, I enjoyed Iron Man 3. It is action packed, it's pretty, RDJ as Iron Man/Tony Stark is as always one of the best casting decisions for any comic book adaptation ever.

But as a fan of the comic books, I feel disgusted and betrayed. The Mandarin, and Extremis- two of the best things to ever happen in the Iron Man universe- aren't even shadows of what they were in the comics. They're completely unrelated to their comic book source material, in fact. Ugh. I held off watching the movie, avoided seeing it in theaters, because I knew the Mandarin couldn't be handled properly in our politically correct world, and I disliked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Even though the trailer seemed to imply he'd be imposing and bring to the role his usual mastery.

The trailer was an outright lie. This movie took THE Iron Man villain, and made him a fraud. It showed the ten rings, for all of a second, and they turned out to be props. So awful. So disgusted, I want not just my money back, I want my time back. The Mandarin was one of Iron Man's most formidable enemies, and this movie made him a fake, played by "a stage actor" who's got a British accent and a recreational drug problem. REALLY?!?!

And Extremis. Let's talk about Extremis, one of my all time favorite story arcs and I have literally read almost all of them. This movie was written by someone who'd heard the word and thought it was a good idea. Aside from the fact that Extremis is unstable and can aid regeneration, nothing from the original masterpiece storyline remains. So if you watched Iron Man 3 looking forward to seeing the Mandarin's ten rings and the suit of armor Tony built into himself, you're out of luck.

Despite the fact that those two things are what the words "Mandarin" and "Extremis" promise.

This is by far the worst mainstream comic book adaptation. I wanted to love it. I really did. If they had called the Mandarin literally ANYTHING else, it would not have altered the storyline one iota, and yet they had to use "Mandarin"? WHY?! Same goes for Extremis, for that matter. If the serum had been called it would not have altered the storyline one iota.

It's like Shane Black and the other mongoloids who are responsible for this storyline WANTED to piss off fans. It's like they specifically made these choices in the writing of this film to piss on the greatest Iron Man villain and one of the greatest Iron Man storylines of 50 YEARS of the character's history.

While writing this review I have gotten even more angry than I was already, and the score dropped from a 5 to a 0, because the more I think about it, the more I realize that there is no reason for this shameless butchering of canon. Pathetic attempt to sell a comic book movie by someone who has no love and no concern for the comic book. Bottom line if you're looking to enjoy an action movie with Iron man, watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 or the Avengers. Don't give Shane Black a dime of your money, and don't waste your time. I could pick apart why this movie doesn't deserve a solid rating, but the real reason boils down to the fact that the movie's creators pissed on their fans so thoroughly and shamelessly.
  66. Oct 12, 2013
    Unfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written beUnfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written be to many different people with conflicting ideas, and was a product of that. I still have high hopes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like the beginning of the end for me as a fan of this series. Expand
  67. Oct 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never before have I felt so cheated by a movie like Iron Man 3. The film is a colossal failure in my books and could arguably be my worst superhero movie of all time; that doesn't mean to say it isn't good in some parts.

SPOILERS

The first act itself is a great piece of cinema and gave what the trailer promised; easily the best part of the movie. It showed a much more stellar and well paced point in the movie that I myself actually applauded at, especially the scene where the helicopters blow up the house; but even the first act had flaws. For example, WHY DID HE GIVE THE MANDARIN HIS HOME ADDRESS??!! or how about WHY DOESN'T HE ACTIVATE THE 40 OTHER IRON MAN SUITS THAT ARE IN HIS BASEMENT WHEN THE HOUSE IS BEING ATTACKED??!! GOD!!!! But I digress, the first act was fantastic and really stood out to me promising more as the film went on.

And then it started to deteriorate with the second act, and who do I blame for this? That god damn kid! He had no other involvement in the second act other than to anger me to my boiling point! I know that Shane Black probably wanted a more child atmosphere to it but you didn't have to make him that annoying. All he does is piss Tony off, causes him an anxiety attack and then gets captured....WHAT?! This kid was one of the major hiccups in the film.

However, the biggest hiccup was the Mandarin himself; yeah you all knew I'd mention this. The Mandarin was the biggest and best feature about the trailers that were shown, he looked menacing, he looked frightening! This to me screamed: MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Sure his alien rings were gone but he still became a threat in the story and you could sense his presence. And then you get to his mansion and you meet him and......who the f*ck is this? The Mandarin was a phony! He was an actor! BEN KINGSLEY WAS PLAYING HIMSELF IN THIS MOVIE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL, SHANE BLACK???!!! This made me infuriated that if my girlfriend wasn't with me at the time, I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE THEATER!!! What was he thinking, did he just wake up one day and say: "I don't care about The Mandarin now, let's make him into A GOD DAMN JOKE!!" For me this is what ruined the movie for me, it was just so ridiculous and so insulting to any comic book fan who had detailed knowledge of the character.

And speaking of insults, the ending is just ridiculous. To sum it up in short words: Killian is the "Mandarin", Pepper kills Killian, Tony explodes all the Iron Man suits and gets the shrapnel out of his heart claiming he is a "changed man". That is the worst ending ever....THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!

To sum it up in one word I would say "MESS", it is downright insulting to the comics, it's characters are bland at most points, it's development is pathetic and I hate it. The only good points that deserve the 2 points go to 2 separate things.
    1. The acting is spot on and Robert Downey Jr nails it as Stark much like he has done in the past films. There is not one actor who is off in this film and that is fantastic to see.
    And 2. The first act is mind blowing, it's what the trailers showed and that's what made me gravitate towards the film at first, even if it has flaws now and again. Truly great cinematography.

But is this film worth watching? I'd say yes, it's still an Iron Man movie and every movie with Iron Man in is usually a blast to sit through. It doesn't save it from my experience but maybe you'll find something better in that steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Pros:
    +Acting is great
    +Downey Jr nails it
    +First act of movie is amazing!

Cons:
    -THE MANDARIN TWIST
    -Act 2 and 3
    -Insulting and badly paced as the movie went on

VERDICT
  68. Oct 16, 2013
    it is the biggest disappointment of a movie superheroes marvel,I can even have a little fun but still they do not take the film too seriously,too bad for marvel
  69. Oct 19, 2013
    This is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. IThis is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. I mean this is just stupid. Iron Man sucks! marvel is going down the drain. Expand
  70. Nov 28, 2013
    Best one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" thenBest one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" then save your bucks and take a film appreciation class and go see some 'real' film. Expand
  71. BKM
    Sep 29, 2013
    The third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait forThe third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait for the next Avengers movie. Expand
  72. May 4, 2013
    This movie was such a disappointment. First, the entire story, despite a few moments, was very loose, cliched, and cheesy. Second, it was jam packed with political propaganda. And third, so many pointless and/or unlikely things happen, that they distracts from whatever the story is/was supposed to be.
  73. Nov 19, 2013
    Mediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massive terrorist threat to the world with Extremis and other programs? Why didnt Stark call SHIELD or anyone else, like Cap, for help during the movie?

And

And it drags on and on in the middle as Tony spends faaar too much time outside the suit. I didnt mind the plot twist with the villain though the ending was completely moronic. There was no reason to destroy all of his suits when he's just gonna rebuild them for Avengers 2.
  74. Jun 10, 2013
    Worst Iron Man ever! While special effects is still great as ever, story sucks. There's no sense of epic-ness in the whole story. Machine against man? Unthinkable mere flash & blood can battle Iron Man. I was pretty much bored throughout the film. Star Trek Into Darkness is way better than Iron Man 3.
  75. Oct 14, 2013
    Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyableAnother excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
  76. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doomIron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
  77. May 17, 2013
    Poorly done,sloppy, indulgent, often boring.
    Special effects instead of script, plot or dialogue.
    Too much action, too many sub plots, too many explosions.
    for $200,000,000 dollars worth of budget, they should have hired
    $2,000 worth of writing.
    Hand Iron Man 4 over to totally green, inexperienced, hungry film school graduates next time & you'll get a better result..
    DVD if your really bored
  78. Jun 2, 2013
    Just 3D colors and animation, no real movie or scenario, full kiddy movie. No actor did grasp the screen except the fake terrorist Ben Kingsley. A commercial movie, box office filled by tickets the parents buy for the youngsters. The iron man saves the US presidents from a maniac somebody, scientist? Not likely. Old story told in hundreds of movies. If you some other choices, skip this movie.
  79. Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never showAnyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
  80. Aug 28, 2013
    Great movie. Most people are just pissed about the whole Mandarin thing, thus the low score. This is a great film and deserves higher points. Great humor and good pacing. Yes, there are some things in the plot that doesn't make sense, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. Enjoy it for what it is and don't overanalyse it.
  81. May 17, 2013
    I've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totally does not deliver at all, and to be completely honest I almost walked out at the end such was the ridiculous finale. When I got home I watched the trailerI've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totally does not deliver at all, and to be completely honest I almost walked out at the end such was the ridiculous finale. When I got home I watched the trailer again and it;s like it was made for a different film. Expand
  82. May 10, 2013
    Starkers!

Starkers!

The ultimate star vehicle for Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man 3 is a hoot. It is fast, funny and totally dumb all at the same time. I think that Shane Black, the screenwriter and director this time around, must have had a whale of a time making this. No matter what else happens on screen, you're eyes are on Downey Jr he is just compelling to watch. His has a natural way about him that makes you think he is not acting, that he is deeply disturbed and it's all true. He illustrates the truth that if your central character is made of wood, your film is made of No other actor could fill his shoes on this, he is Iron Man, as he is so proud to claim.

The rest of the movie is fun enough, but total crap really. One exception there is a star cameo from Ben Kinglsey as 'The Mandarin.' Kingsley's role as a Bin Laden type illustrates the irony of the Christopher Nolan school of fake American heroes so perfectly, I wanted to laugh out loud. I will laugh out loud it was a brilliant touch. The best scene in the film is when Iron Man rescues 16 people thrown out of Air Force One at 30,000 feet. It is so unreal as to be.... well, unreal. But memorable as anything else in the two hours.

So hail, hail, Robert Downey Jr. He makes paint drying fun, and this movie would be a shambles without him
  83. Aug 24, 2014
    Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion. You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The
    Seen this twice now.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
  84. Jul 28, 2013
    The Irorn Man franchise is a huge franchise. You figured they'd be able to hire a good writer to give us a quality plot but sadly this is not the case. The plot is weak and rather predictable and it takes away from the film as a whole.

Absolutely hated the long run time. It really could have been a good 20-30 minutes shorter. All that unneeded filler during that time was sort of unneeded and it really hurt the film as a whole.

The action of the film is sort of disappointing as well. It's all flash with no real substance, Any on scene fight scenes generally range from a few seconds to a min (if that). It would have been nicer to see some more in-your-face fight scenes, Especially with Tony's (Iron Man) beef with the main villain.

The rest of the movie is pretty enjoyable. There is plenty of comedy through out, alright badly placed at times and it sort of throws off what should be key dramatic scenes. It's still enjoyable though and will get quite a few laughs from viewers. The acting is solid, no real complaints, I rather liked the additions of Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce as well.

Overall, I think the bits of comedy through out really save it but the long run time was a real killer for this movie.
  85. Jun 25, 2013
    Pretty good flick. Lots of action and surprises. Great acting and a good story plot, but is he Iron Man any more or not? Guess you will have to go see it to decide for yourself. But there will be another Iron Man movie.
  86. May 10, 2013
    To start things off, let me say this, “Iron Man 3” is not only the best Iron Man movie to date, but also the best Avengers build up movie. This film has it all from its great sense of humor to the amazing action set pieces. The story here is more personal than any of the other film in the series as it focuses more on Tony Stark than his suit of armor. We get a sense of depth to theTo start things off, let me say this, “Iron Man 3” is not only the best Iron Man movie to date, but also the best Avengers build up movie. This film has it all from its great sense of humor to the amazing action set pieces. The story here is more personal than any of the other film in the series as it focuses more on Tony Stark than his suit of armor. We get a sense of depth to the character and the psychological problems he has since putting on the suit. Iron Man becomes more like a cocoon rather than something that actually enhances the man. Throughout the movie we see his over dependency on the suit and how much weight it puts on is shoulder, which is well elucidated by Tony pulling the suit through the snow.

The pacing of the film in certain areas felt off mainly do to how fast they were jumping from topic to topic. However, the action sequences are always spot on and really gets the audience involved. Tony’s house exploding is a great highlight of the film and my personal favorite set piece as it tell a lot of story of the relationship of Tony and Pepper through stuff blowing up. Another thing to note in the film is its humor. It is funny and timed well. Some of it can be off putting in certain scenes or moments, but for the most part these particular segments are few and between.

The characters are great and the actors do a fine job. Robert Downey Jr. has finally found the perfect balance of arrogance and likability in Tony Stark. He’s great as the character and we finally get to see other side of him that we’ve never seen before. Pepper Potts, played by Gwyneth Paltrow, is finally a useful character. She holds her own and it’s great seeing this character grow and given attention to. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin is great. I particularly like how they introduce him with some great edited shots that highlight the amount of power and terror he poses. Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce are great in their roles as well, but the standouts are easily Downey, Paltrow, and Kingsley.

Overall, “Iron Man 3” is a really good popcorn flick that is not only entertaining, but engaging. It’s great seeing these characters develop and also seeing these actors hone on their personalities. The action and humor, for the most part, are spot on and give the movie the right amount of energy. There is a twist towards the last third of the film that can be jarring, but if you go with it, you’ll enjoy the film a lot more. I give it 4/5, incredibly entertaining and the best Iron Man movie yet.
  87. Jul 18, 2013
    To start off my review, I have to say if you haven't watched Iron Man the first of the three, watch that first. Otherwise you won't know what an Iron Man movie should look like, I would highly recommend Iron Man 1 over 3 or 2 any day. But Iron Man does have some good things... The destruction has always been a big part of Iron Man and in Iron Man 3 they still bring that back, I just feltTo start off my review, I have to say if you haven't watched Iron Man the first of the three, watch that first. Otherwise you won't know what an Iron Man movie should look like, I would highly recommend Iron Man 1 over 3 or 2 any day. But Iron Man does have some good things... The destruction has always been a big part of Iron Man and in Iron Man 3 they still bring that back, I just felt the movie was so cheesy and there were really no characters to care about other than Tony Stark himself. Like I said before there are some good parts of the movie that I enjoyed, Tony Stark's humor is back and is still solid, the jokes were usually hit or miss but when they hit they were good. I recommend Iron Man 1 over and of the 2, as the second was mostly corny as well. I give this movie 6 only because of the humor, SFX, destruction and the opening 10-15 minutes were great. Otherwise I would stay away from this movie, and if you haven't seen the first one watch that! All the "reviewers" on this movie giving it a one have either a) based there opinion on just the one movie, not the trilogy b) based there review on how it did not follow the comic books which isn't a big deal c) have only wrote one review (spam). Otherwise I would recommend the movie to big action fans or fans of the series. Expand
  88. Nov 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a excellent movie. Its darker than previous movie. Robert Downey Jr. is as charismatic as ever. Special effects are higher than previous film.
  89. Nov 4, 2013
    Perhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have as much playboy antics as its predecessors.
  90. Sep 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is definately one of the strongest superhero sequels released on the Marvel universe. Not only it crosses the boundaries in general but it also remains it's freshness, which is rare for a sequel. It's so good, I don't even want to say that it's a big improvement over it's predecessor. It is indeed, but it's almost as if Iron Man 2 never existed, which is a great thing. As a hugeIron Man 3 is definately one of the strongest superhero sequels released on the Marvel universe. Not only it crosses the boundaries in general but it also remains it's freshness, which is rare for a sequel. It's so good, I don't even want to say that it's a big improvement over it's predecessor. It is indeed, but it's almost as if Iron Man 2 never existed, which is a great thing. As a huge fan of the original, I loved this one just as much as I loved the first one. The plot twist has divided some people, but overall I'm glad this movie was still praised by critics and audiences alike, which is something rare and spectacular due to the lukewarm reception of it's predecessor. It is the most serious of the franchise but also the funniest. As a personal story and as for comedic timing it strikes high on both of those aspects. Shane Black was able to step up this franchise for a more groudbreaking territory with its complex narrative and impressive action scenes that will remain in everyone's minds forever. Its cast still remains professional and seem to know their roles pretty well, even newcomers to this series Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce portray their roles with the required versitality. Expand
  91. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good action, funny moments and strong performance from RDJ. However, the movie was a real let down, especially with The Mandarin, what a miss opportunity with the arch nemesis to Tony Stark. I was absolutely flabbergasted by that twist. Also the character of Tony Stark was made to look like a complete joke and admittedly I think his armour suits being destroyed so easily can be attributed that they were mainly a means to out let his insomnia and may not have used the proper elements to make them as strong as his current one, but still its rather lacklustre in the finale when they were easily dispensed by the generic villains. If you're a casual fan or like a standard action flick you will probably enjoy this but comic fans will be disappointed. They could have done a better job. Expand
  92. May 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Iron Man 3 is better than the second, but its not enough to beat the first. I was hoping more from the director, but I like the special effects. But, the story is not that good. It has too many humour inside it. I didn't like how Tony Stark make a joke or something, it makes the audience this film is a humour film instead of action film. Especially it makes me disappointed when I was waiting for the extra scene of this film, i wait until all the credits all end! But what, the special scene only consists about Stark telling his life story to the psychiatrist which are not real psychiatrist at all.
    That's not my only disappointments. Mandarin! Yes mandarin! The Iron Man's enemy!!! Which a idiot plot by the director when I know that Mandarin actually is a fake enemy! Mandarin is created by Aldrich Killian. Which is really disappointed me, because there are no big deal of Iron Man defeated Aldrich with his fire power.
    It sucks so many scene, like the US President who dies because of plane explodes, Maya Hansen who betrays Tony, Colonel James Rhodes who still be War machine or now called "Iron Patriot".
    But every negative critics, there always the positive ones.
    Like harley keener which is genius in that age. I like him. He has helped Tony for a big way.
    Though i have a lot disappointments, I hope it will be repaired in the next film of Iron Man.
    Hope for the best in Iron Man 4.
  93. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  94. May 5, 2013
    Iron man 3 is a fun, enjoyable and vary character driven but still it's a bit mess with one massive plot hole and things never getting explained. overall if you liked the first iron man, You will like this one
  95. May 6, 2013
    First of all, If you have seen all 3 of the major trailers for the movie. You have essentially seen the show. Honestly, I don't know how you could rate this movie that high. Anyone doing so, hasn't seen good movies. I am, by no means, snobby about the shows I watched. I liked Avengers. I enjoyed Thor to an extent. Don't get suckered in by this one. The plot divergences aside thatFirst of all, If you have seen all 3 of the major trailers for the movie. You have essentially seen the show. Honestly, I don't know how you could rate this movie that high. Anyone doing so, hasn't seen good movies. I am, by no means, snobby about the shows I watched. I liked Avengers. I enjoyed Thor to an extent. Don't get suckered in by this one. The plot divergences aside that other users have mentioned, the movie just isn't good..
    Like many movies Crappywood produces, the marketing department gets a hold of it, makes the hype and have trashed what could have been decent movie. All action sequences have been shown in the trailers. Every one. Even the big 3rd Act action sequence and resolution. Knowing that, the plot is entirely predictable.
    A couple of Pro's about the movie, is that they gave Tony Stark some realistic problems and motivations, but then the execution turns to crap. Sprinkle in a obligatory little kid to try and and get audience relation points (which seems entirely forced to me). The product placement is entirely over the top. It should read Sun Oracle's Iron Man 3.
    The dialogue can get down right corny at times, even worse than most of the other Marvel movies (minus a Nick Cage clumsy delivery). Add in one of the "superhero" characters being totally inept at an attempt of off comedy humor, and the product just looks silly.
    The product had potential, but then it seems like they just said "screw it, let's just make mass media that people will eat up." In my opinion, this is the worst of the Iron Man/Thor/Avengers/Capt. America combo. It's a step up from the Ghost Rider movies, but that isn't saying much.
    I didn't care about the other fan-boy crap mentioned about Mandarin that you may have read. I've read comics back in the day, and it doesn't bug me the divergence from the historic norm. Most of you average viewers won't care. Honestly, don't pay full price to see this in the theater. 1$ movie it, or wait for a Rental Service to get the disk product. Don't validate Marvel/Disney in producing this type of product. Seriously, don't do it, or they'll keep turning out this type of crap.
  96. May 31, 2013
    The story is a mixed of copy paste from Megamind ,Amazing spider man and Heroes.One of the lame super hero films with useless acting and stupid screen play.Hardly and 3D effects that also lame.Certainly not worth the hype and this is a orphan child of The avangers .Stay home and barrow Blueray later.
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman 2 was an entertaining movie that failed to live up to its predecessor. Ironman 3 is a slap to the face. Most of the movie chronicles the adventures of Tony Stark, who has set aside his intellect and technological mastery in favor of idiocy and laughable ineptness. What was once an invincible piece of machinery becomes a joke, continuously malfunctioning, and being destroyed by anything that touches it. But that's just the parts where Stark is actually IN a suit. For most of the movie, typically for no good reason, Tony Stark is running around with a handgun. This is like watching a spiderman movie where he only shoots web in one scene. Or a Superman movie where he doesn't fly. The "amazing plot twist" was easy to see coming, and left us with a villain who is entirely bland. Pepper Potts steals the show by beinf better at using Ironman's armor than Ironman himself. The president is caged up in War Machine's armor for reasons never revealed. And Tonys decides the best way to fight a man made of magma is a fistfight. Its not until pepper gets the suit that she decides to fire a missle and easily defeat the big bad guy. Are you kidding me? Expand
  98. Jun 29, 2013
    Very boring movie and with almost no good fighting scenes or action at all. Beats the second movie at least but that is all there is to say about this.
  99. Aug 11, 2014
    This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creatingThis ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
  100. Jan 6, 2014
    Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.