6.4

1. Jun 10, 2013
    The movie was ok. I expected more. You know The Avengers style. It's not like that. It is entertaining to some points but in general i was disappointed with the movie as i expected more. However, it's fun to watch in the cinema. Hope if there's a next iron man will be better.
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    Though I have to admit IM3 is better than IM2, I still wasn't impressed by the story line. Since the first movie there hasn't really been breathtaking action scenes, only some mediocre ones. But that not really why I wasn't a fan. It was the path of unexplained phenomenon's throughout the movie. It was just full of things they were throwing at us and telling us to believe it.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    After the massive disappointment of Iron man 2 and the avengers this movie had to be good but once again it didn't deliver. Since Iron man 1 the series has gone on a crash course. To say the least this was a mindless action film that had no heart at all and I saw the plot twist coming from miles away.
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    I hate sequels, I hate watching same characters, story. I thought it is another Iron Man same movie.
    but this movie is completely different movie what I was expecting, completely new different movie, ideas. That's what I love about it. Everything was great. Great villains, battle scenes. Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron Man.
    It really surprise me.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    This is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. IThis is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. I mean this is just stupid. Iron Man sucks! marvel is going down the drain. Expand
  6. May 3, 2013
    To me this movie clearly signals the decline of the superhero genre as a whole, with Avengers having been the peak. It was just so underwhelming and boring with very few action scenes, a flat and self indulgent humour, shallow "characters" (can they really be called characters at this point, I mean a guy in the movie ends up wanting to destroy the world because he got stood upTo me this movie clearly signals the decline of the superhero genre as a whole, with Avengers having been the peak. It was just so underwhelming and boring with very few action scenes, a flat and self indulgent humour, shallow "characters" (can they really be called characters at this point, I mean a guy in the movie ends up wanting to destroy the world because he got stood up seriously...), and an extremely clumsy plot with a very silly twist that makes little sense. The tone was also all over the place, alternating between silly bits (which weren't particularly funny, except for one or two one-liners, just absurd) and pretty grave and dark bits, all with almost no transition. I really hope Man of Steel and Wolverine can bring it back, because this is just not what a good superhero should be like in my honest opinion and it failed at making me excited for phase 2 of the Avengers. Expand
  7. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is the epic continuation of story about famous superhero. It's good, not ideal. Iron Man 3 has an unexpected outcome with a main villian, augmented story of previous films and funny jokes of protagonist (not always). And yet, the movie lived up to my expectations. Expand
  8. May 3, 2013
    For me this was an massive disappointment, after the avengers i really couldn't wait for the next iron man. After waiting for almost a year it was finally here, but i would love to know why they decided to destroy everything I and most other fans loved about the movies.

The film starts well and just got worse and worse then the big twist came, they took the character mandarin and basically just said F**K YOU to the fans. And the way they ended it just ruined the series.

I had to go home and watch the Avengers to cleanse myself of this garbage. Thanks for wasting 130 minutes of my life, oh and the extra 7 minutes for the after credits scene which was a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!
  9. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Average movie. It had HUGE potential to be one of the best movies of all time however it ruined that opportunity.
    Below are the top 7 issues with the movie:
    1) Mandarin was a BIG disappointment. Viewers were taken for granted. I mean c'mon who thought of this twist? It would have been such a great character ruined by school going script writers. Seriously.
    2) There is no real justification or any explanation of how the mutants are so powerful than Iron man. Just by injecting a serum they turn into superhumans???
    3) The plot was ridiculous with no coherent string to it. Same old story I want to take over the world" blah blah crap
    4) Most of the plot elements are a direct rip off from recent super hero movies. For e.g the mandarin twist is straight from Dark knight rises climax when Bane is shown as just a decoy element
    5) The action scenes (there is just one main one at the climax) are just too many explosions to really make sense of what is happening. Just the climax so many explosions and so many Robots flying in the air is just too much to absorb
    6) Pepper is one of the worst looking actress to be paired with Tony stark. C;mon there are better looking hot actresses to die for with some intelligence. She is just shown as one dumb bimbo who can't even figure out the real motive of the villain.
    7) So many explosions happening all around for e.g the entire house collapses and there is no fractures or no grave injuries to any of the survivors. Ok the ion man suit comes to the rescue but it is not until pepper, the other lady and Iron man gets thrown around by huge explosions
  10. May 3, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is exactly what I wanted the other instalments to be and I thought the tone in this instalment really worked well with the film. This sequel surpasses its predecessor and is not just one of the best Marvel Universe films, but a promising start to Phase 2. This film would have got a perfect score if it weren't for some scenes/performances that came off as silly and campy and IIron Man 3 is exactly what I wanted the other instalments to be and I thought the tone in this instalment really worked well with the film. This sequel surpasses its predecessor and is not just one of the best Marvel Universe films, but a promising start to Phase 2. This film would have got a perfect score if it weren't for some scenes/performances that came off as silly and campy and I honestly expected a more emotional conclusion. In the end, Iron Man 3 is one of my favourite Marvel Universe films and is a great end to the Iron Man trilogy. Expand
  11. May 5, 2013
    Plot: Even a great hero, faces his match sometimes. This was perhaps what the Iron Man was missing the most. That is until the Mandarin came along. Showing little emotion, Ben Kingsley emulates a terrorist to perfection. Places are bombed with no trace of the type of explosive device left behind. He challenges everything Iron Man stands for. Slowly midst all the chaos, a pattern seems toPlot: Even a great hero, faces his match sometimes. This was perhaps what the Iron Man was missing the most. That is until the Mandarin came along. Showing little emotion, Ben Kingsley emulates a terrorist to perfection. Places are bombed with no trace of the type of explosive device left behind. He challenges everything Iron Man stands for. Slowly midst all the chaos, a pattern seems to emerge in the way the chaos unfolds. In the end, Tony Stark issues an open challenge to the Mandarin to come and fight him face-to-face.

Tony is made to pay dearly for this. Mandarin's reach is beyond Tony's wildest expectation. He takes hit after hit. In a couple of moments the life and home of Tony Stark come crashing down. He is put in such a precarious situation that losing all his tech (including the Iron Man) is probably the last of his woes! Even with his long time pal Colonel James Rhodes trying to help him out, Stark cannot get out of sudden anxiety attacks. In the meanwhile, he befriends a little boy when trying to figure out how to tackle Mandarin.

With the world looking vulnerable once again, Mandarin pushes on. His target now includes the President of the United States. With no one around to stop, evil seems to spread in all directions. Can the man inside the suit muster courage and help salvage his pride, is what forms the rest of the movie.

Effects: This movie is technically brilliant. The sight of Iron Man crouching on one leg ready to spring to action is simply exhilarating. Given the fact that we get to see almost an army of Iron Men, makes it all the more enjoyable. The sound effects keep the visuals at pace. At no point could I feel the effect was overdone.

There are a couple of scenes really worth mentioning. For example, the brilliant scene that is shown in the trailer where Stark's mansion is torn down, is even more brilliant in its full length. There was one more visual where Dr. Killian gives a demonstration of the live feed of his brain. The concept itself is cool and I somehow felt the visual was even more glorious to watch on large screen.

The action sequences, though not that many (sadly) were still worth waiting for. The climax is like a crescendo and makes worth watching on a big 3D screen.

Cast: There is no viable replacement for Robert Downey, in my opinion. So the producer's better pay up and retain him in any immediate sequence (Avengers sequences included)! This guy nails the character so well. Paltrow makes a fine girlfriend, but I felt there were a few scenes like the one where she meets Dr. Killian after years, when she under performed.

Ben Kingsley fits in so well. The way in which he portrays a terrorist and a show man with élan is really unbelievable. He is the show-stealer in all the scenes; even when he shares the stage with the inimitable Mr. Downey Jr. Others like Cheadle, Pearce do justice to their role. However I felt the later was underutilized. Ty Simpkins probably acted a wee bit more sheepish than was required but I think that kind of felt good on the whole.

Direction: Shane Black has done decently in his first Iron Man flick. If the intention was to show more of Stark (the human) than just the gloss and glamor of the man in the armor then he certainly excelled.

I do have second thoughts on whether this kind of story will hold good in the future. People flock to cinemas to see superheros like Iron Man kick evil bosses butts. But the director kind of makes up in the climax.

There is also this humor portion of the script, which was kind of nicely handled. There were a handful of scenes which had the audience in splits. Especially the one where Tony (all tied up) awaits his suit when he is talking to a couple of bad guys. Overall, I feel the director has portions to improve, but there is no major flaw that is worth talking about.

Read the full review review at http://blog.nrajesh.com/review-iron-man-3-2013
  12. May 3, 2013
    As a movie, it's a fun romp with a solid cast, that doesn't necessarily feel like Iron Man, but the when certain parts come together, it works as Iron Man. With that in mind, if you're a fan of the comics and sticking to the lore, if you go into this movie expecting that, you'll be severely disappointed. The cast is excellent; Robert Downey never misses a beat, Guy Pearce is great to watchAs a movie, it's a fun romp with a solid cast, that doesn't necessarily feel like Iron Man, but the when certain parts come together, it works as Iron Man. With that in mind, if you're a fan of the comics and sticking to the lore, if you go into this movie expecting that, you'll be severely disappointed. The cast is excellent; Robert Downey never misses a beat, Guy Pearce is great to watch and goes through somewhat of a metamorphosis, and Ben Kingsley has some of the most interesting scenes in the movie. The comedy and banter between the characters is what makes this movie really fun. The action bits are sporadic, but the cliff side destruction of his home, an airplane scene, and the finale are all spectacles to watch. There are definitely some odd and unnecessary bits that awkwardly fly by, and this is by no means a retelling of the Extremis story line, but rather a take on it. Iron Man 3 doesn't work the best as a comic book moive, but greatly succeeds as a fun action movie, with clever dialogue, great chemistry among actors, and some unforgettable action sequences, it's a great way to spend about 2 and 1/2 hours/ Expand
  13. May 4, 2013
    I feel like I need to give this movie two separate scores. One of r people that have no idea about the Iron Man comics and one for those that do. The movie is top notch as far as the action, humor, and acting goes. The plot I feel was the weakest part of the movie. Also I think the trailers for this movie are the most misleading that I have ever seen for a movie. They advertise MandarinI feel like I need to give this movie two separate scores. One of r people that have no idea about the Iron Man comics and one for those that do. The movie is top notch as far as the action, humor, and acting goes. The plot I feel was the weakest part of the movie. Also I think the trailers for this movie are the most misleading that I have ever seen for a movie. They advertise Mandarin out to be the main bad guy, or at least a bad guy at all. It turns out the only reason that "The Mandarin" was in the movie was to be a joke. For those of you that don't know, The Mandarin is to Iron Man what the Joker is to Batman. So why they chose to do this to Iron Man's archnemesis is beyond me. I think this is the weakest entry in the series, but regardless go see this movie! It may be the last time you get to see Robert Downey Jr. play as one of the greatest characters the cinema has ever seen! Expand
  14. May 3, 2013
    It is fair to say that Marvel is reusing a formula that has been working for them for a few years now. Action, humour, heroes, villains and clever twists. This is might be the best Iron Man yet however, it is starting to show that their effort to go one bigger each time results to more convoluted fighting scenes and I can only imagine the next installments being more difficult to follow.
  15. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't think of a bigger Ironman fan than myself having loved to death the first 2 movies and the Avengers but this final piece was a major dissapointment! The Mandarin is fake, there is zero explanation on the extremis powers, the villian is totally weak, no explanation on how Tony controls his suit and every single person in the movie wears a suit including the president of the United States!!! Really? The movie seemed to be intent on showcasing Tony Stark's abilities outside the suit but if that's the case give us a Nolan perspective. Stark's influence and guide is a 5 year old kid all the while appearing to be on wired on speed? The suit should hold an extremely special privelige to the user and not be treated like someone's random sweater for all to share. I felt the Director completely abandoned all the special things that made this franchise so great and loved. Now I can see why Robert Downey Junior wants to give up the role as this movie barely drew a chuckle out of me. And for the record not once did anyone in the theatre cheer or clap for a scene or at the end of the movie!! Not once! The excitement level was non-existent! And the surprise scene at the end was totally lame too! New Director Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  16. May 3, 2013
    Arriving before its North American landing, IRON MAN 3 pulls off a momentous debuting in its international market, I saw it in a plain 2D version and, about this franchise, IRON MAN (2008, 8/10) is a left field coup, a middle-aged superhero to clinch the youth-dominated market, only Robert Downey Jr. could nail it with dapper openness and wisecracking debonair. So within six years span, aArriving before its North American landing, IRON MAN 3 pulls off a momentous debuting in its international market, I saw it in a plain 2D version and, about this franchise, IRON MAN (2008, 8/10) is a left field coup, a middle-aged superhero to clinch the youth-dominated market, only Robert Downey Jr. could nail it with dapper openness and wisecracking debonair. So within six years span, a fourth cranked-out (if one counts THE AVENGERS 2012, 5/10) comes on strong this year to ignite the summer powder keg. Personally I skipped IRON MAN 2 (2010) though I still possess the DVD, and the only reason why IRON MAN 3 interests me is the Chinese element, reportedly three Chinese actors are on the slate of the cast, Xueqi Wang, Bingbing Fan and Jing Wu, but it turned out to be an utter scam, only Xueqi Wang appeared in about 3 seconds in 2 fleeting scenes with one line “Nihao” (“hello” in Mandarin) and so is Ben Kingsley’s “The Mandarin”, the ostensible ringleader of the terrorists (more Al-Qaeda than mandarin).

So what this new episode has offered to its devoted fanboys apart from the cookie-cutter template of the mega-Superhero action flicker? Since there are no succour from his fellow The Shields’ teammates, Iron Man 3 perfunctorily opts to mass-produce the iron-clad robots to rescue the world (perish the undying human mutants), a lame and opportunist move to simplify the mess it creates and spurn any logistic plausibility (at least notify us how to kill mutants for good since they can regenerate themselves under any terms of damage), not to mention the cliffhanging twist of Pepper Potts, maybe it is all written in the next sequel.

Fans will never get enough of raking and levelling, it is undeniable that the demolition of Stark’s mansion is visually stunning and apocalyptic, and the esprit-de-corps of the plane-wrecking rescue is also worth the wait (thanks to the telltale trailer), but in the end, the inevitable face-off is a kill-joy, compared with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012, 8/10), IRON MAN 3 looks as feckless as a light-hearted comedy, and its success can mainly be indebted towards Mr. Downey’s omnipotent appeal, a rakish fop who owns everything and is sternly faithful to his partner (although a certain degree of promiscuity is a requisite), and more alluring, he can create superheroes.

Paltrow has more action sequences demanding out of her gaunt physique, and also shoulders a turnabout climax in the end, but still a trophy secretary-lover. Guy Pearce is a common-or-garden villain here (not as remotely interesting as in LAWLESS 2011, 8/10 last year), Ben Kinsley on the other hand, is the comic relief (besides Tony Stark) here, eccentrically inconsequential but a timely buffer from the intensified situation. Don Cheadle is ham-fisted as the other iron fighter and Rebecca Hall does evince cursory nuances for her expendable character. Among others, James Badge Dale (from SHAME 2011, 9/10 and FLIGHT 2012, 7/10) finally found his stepping-stone into mainstream showbiz, his indestructible henchman even makes his boss pale in comparison.

A puff of fresher air comes from the interaction between Stark and a fatherless boy (Ty Simpkins) at a rustic Tennessee setting, with jocular ripostes and a paternal bond affectingly enriches Tony Stark’s personality and one plainly wishes this part would be more to offer. However, as the turnover rate has been accelerated dramatically these years in the superhero assembly-line, IRON MAN 3 is a serviceable vehicle to appease its core audience’s anticipation, and if put into a larger picture, it is not innovate enough to be a game-changer as its prototype, it is just another helluva sequel, trite but lucrative. But it will be a sad sack if Mr. Downey keeps churning out the persona into his fifties, it could be a grand farewell for the trilogy, and future cameos are warmly welcome.
  17. May 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a enjoyable movie to watch if you just go with it. It has a little extra humor than I am used to and a kid that pals around with Tony at one point, but its OK. The Mandarin bait and switch wasn't as bad as I thought when the twist was first revealed. Having the goofy "actor" Mandarin was a poke at the purists with Guy Pierce revealed as the "real" Mandarin. I think people are stuck on this point because Kingsly first appears to be the comic book version of the Mandarin and then isn't. Its a bit of a reboot making Guy Pierce the new version of the Mandarin. The movie is a solid 7 and I wouldn't mind watching it again. You can tell it had a troubled development period and was probably meant to be released around Christmas originally but the actors are good and they stumble through it in a decent manner. Expand
  18. May 6, 2013
    Whoever reviewed this movie high should in one simple expression never be allowed to review a movie again. I am sorry, but Iron Man 3 is in one word a "betrayal" of loyal comic book fans! period. How dare they completely ruin the mandarin.....sigh...So far, part 2 sucked, now part 3...when will it end? oh and the end credits? wtf was that
  19. May 3, 2013
    I liked it, didn't love it. Iron Man 3 takes a completely different approach than its predecessors did; in some ways it worked, but in some is did not. The best thing about the film, in my opinion, is that the character of Tony is completely stripped down and his relationship with Pepper gets some more depth; Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow are better than ever in this installment.I liked it, didn't love it. Iron Man 3 takes a completely different approach than its predecessors did; in some ways it worked, but in some is did not. The best thing about the film, in my opinion, is that the character of Tony is completely stripped down and his relationship with Pepper gets some more depth; Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow are better than ever in this installment. Such a human approach to the story does leave you wanting a little more at certain points. Apart from the the two main figures, the remaining characters (even the villains) are either underdeveloped or criminally underused. The final moments do deliver some excitement that the rest of the movie lacked. Overall, the result IS an entertaining superhero film even if it is slightly underwhelming. Expand
  20. May 3, 2013
    "Iron Man 3" is a good movie. In my opinion, this part of series is much better than the awful second part, but is worse than the first film. Special effects are great. I enjoyed watching film in 3D. The storyline is good. Actors play well, especially Robert Downey Jr(as always). The great final of an Iron Man trilogy.
  21. May 4, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is an amazing, funny, and action-packed film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Now, I never read any of the comics, so I don't know if they portrayed any of the characters wrong, so please forgive me. Iron Man 3 amazes and keeps you laughing your entire showtime, although it is over 2 hours, it never leaves you bored. Every thing is great from start to finish. Now theIron Man 3 is an amazing, funny, and action-packed film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Now, I never read any of the comics, so I don't know if they portrayed any of the characters wrong, so please forgive me. Iron Man 3 amazes and keeps you laughing your entire showtime, although it is over 2 hours, it never leaves you bored. Every thing is great from start to finish. Now the reason I don't give Iron Man 3 a full 10 is because a few scenes kind of felt like they were put in there just for laughs, although they were great and I laughed till I cried, it sort of drifted just a little away from the story and left you wondering why they put that in there. Iron Man 3 is a terrific movie and I want you to go see it today, if you've already seen it, see it again. Expand
  22. May 10, 2013
    They ruin Iron Man franchise and they did'nt even care. Even Joel Shumacher could make a better version of the Mandarin. This movie totally suck and Guy Pierce is less expressive than Kristen Stewart
  23. May 17, 2013
    This probably must be the best Marvel movie yet I liked every aspect of it and I think you should go watch it .
    The only thing I didn't like was the music and that's why I'm giving it a 9 instead of a full 10.
  24. May 3, 2013
    It was great and entertaining a lot it is a great follow-up to The Avengers, visually it is amazing, the 3D is really good but it felt a little bit long, but still it is superb threequel to the Iron Man franchise.
  25. May 3, 2013
    A great sequel that takes the best elements of the original two and adds too them in mostly every way. May not be as good as the avengers but its still up there. I understand that hardcore fans of 'The Mandarin' might not like this version of the character, but I enjoyed this reinvention, Ben Kingsley is intimidating and surprisingly funny. Honestly that character might be one of theA great sequel that takes the best elements of the original two and adds too them in mostly every way. May not be as good as the avengers but its still up there. I understand that hardcore fans of 'The Mandarin' might not like this version of the character, but I enjoyed this reinvention, Ben Kingsley is intimidating and surprisingly funny. Honestly that character might be one of the highlights of the film for me. Expand
  26. May 3, 2013
    This is not a good movie: the plot, characters, action, pace, villains (laughable) and character arcs (don't make me cry) and wrong.
    Shane Black made some good movies in the past, but this mock of a super-hero movie is not even entertaining.
    The 3D in this movie is not done properly, I paid 9€ to see a 2D movie that try to tell me it's a 3D movie. Don't waste your time, Iron Man is one
    Don't waste your time, Iron Man is one of the worst Marvel movies (if not the worst) until now.
  27. May 3, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the movie that makes the fans believe in the legend and power of Tony Stark. Iron Man 3 is totally a new original story that has come into life by director Shane Black who brought us the unusual Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's epic and awesome at times. So this powerful sequel is about Tony Stark who's life falls apart by a terrorist named Mandarin, with the help of James RhodesIron Man 3 is the movie that makes the fans believe in the legend and power of Tony Stark. Iron Man 3 is totally a new original story that has come into life by director Shane Black who brought us the unusual Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's epic and awesome at times. So this powerful sequel is about Tony Stark who's life falls apart by a terrorist named Mandarin, with the help of James Rhodes he seeks revenge. In this plot Pepper Potts digs deeper into the superhero we all know. Basically this movie is something you have never seen before, new suit and new story. IronMan 3 is the movie of the year. The comic scenes were funny and the action was good. Worth watching in 3D. You will not waste your money. But in the end my long wait has finally ended. With satisfaction. Expand
  28. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So first of all, I want to say that I loved this movie, but I do get the hate on it, for it's controversial plottwist.
    But there are some reasons why some fanboys shoud NOT be so angry about it;
    - first of all, the fake mandarin was set up, to not set up a racist stereotype and more of like a fun character.
    - aldrich killian revealed that he was the real mandarin, he even had some dragontattoos across his chest.
    - a big part of the fanbase was angry at Tony throwing his arc reactor away at the end, but Tony states that he is still Iron Man and he picks up one of the extremis holders, which will likely mean that he will build an extremis suit, powered by repulsor technology (which has also been confirmed as the new energysource for the suits.) and this will set up a suit that will allow Tony to go into space with it, and this will probably set up the bridge between guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2.

so for me this was a very good movie, and I think they've done a great job with expanding the MCU even further
  29. May 3, 2013
    @J-P-M we don't hate your country, What we really hate is united statiants. by the way, good movie. ...the best of the Marvel films with its complex story, exciting action, great cast and special effects.
  30. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 can be seen from two perspectives. As an average movie goer, it's fun but not half as exciting as The Avengers. Humor is fine but repetitive (specially the limited edition watch joke), action scenes are nice to look at, and with the exception of the cringe-worthy Extremis soldiers, acting is simply ok.
    Seen from the perspective of a Marvel fan, it's really disappointing. The Extremis storyline could have resulted in the best Iron Man movie yet, but it was lazily adapted. The villains were played by very talented actors, but their skills were underused. Aldrich Killian was exactly the same as Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer from the previous films, Maya Hansen doesn't have much screen time, and then comes the Mandarin. Turns out he isn't Iron Man's greatest villain, but a junkie actor used as a cover, which is a big middle finger to true believers. Not to mention it's revealed as silly comedy. The story is nothing we haven't seen before and better in other superhero films, and it's full with plot holes that don't make sense with the other Marvel movies (specially regarding the operation of the armors).
    If Iron Man 3 was any other movie, I'd give it 7/10. But keeping in mind what Marvel has brought us before, it's underwhelming and I give it 5/10.
  31. May 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was a great movie. It was full of action-packed scene that left you hanging on to the edge of your seats, dramatic scenes that may have fell a little short, but were still okay, and most of all, comedy. Iron Man 3 is by far the funniest movie of the series, with hilarious one-liners from many of the characters that left the whole theater cracking up. Robert Downey Jr did aIron Man 3 was a great movie. It was full of action-packed scene that left you hanging on to the edge of your seats, dramatic scenes that may have fell a little short, but were still okay, and most of all, comedy. Iron Man 3 is by far the funniest movie of the series, with hilarious one-liners from many of the characters that left the whole theater cracking up. Robert Downey Jr did a fantastic job as Iron Man and explained why the man makes the suits very well. There are a few twists that no one will be expecting at all, and may not like at all. For average movie-goers and not hardcore fans, these plot twists may be funny and exciting to them, while for the hardcore fans, these twists will most probably ruin part of the film for them.

The movie does a fine job following The Avengers, although I don't understand why Tony is having these anxiety issues now, when he asked for schwarma right after he survived the alien attack in Manhattan. This film is nowhere close to as serious as it was shown in the trailers, which could be a plus or a minus. Either way, the movie does not fail to excite. However, people who are looking forward to a serious and dramatic movie should look elsewhere from Marvel. Marvel's movies are more about fun and excitement than it is about serious plots and drama-full moments.

All in all, Iron Man 3 is a great movie, but not a perfect one. It leaves you thinking for a while after watching the movie. The cast is great overall, especially RDJ and Ben Kingsley. Gwenyth Paltrow did a pretty good job as well. And even if you don't like the movie, hearing the song "Da Ba Dee" play full blast in IMAX is worth the money in itself.
  32. May 3, 2013
    Warning SPOILERS. A film directed by Shane Black instead of Jon Favreau and you can tell from the very beginning. As such it carries almost a darker tone when compared to the previous two films. It shows the impact of what happened in New York in a way i did not expect. Instead of Tony Stark carrying on like he is invincible the events of The Avengers has shown that Iron Man is not asWarning SPOILERS. A film directed by Shane Black instead of Jon Favreau and you can tell from the very beginning. As such it carries almost a darker tone when compared to the previous two films. It shows the impact of what happened in New York in a way i did not expect. Instead of Tony Stark carrying on like he is invincible the events of The Avengers has shown that Iron Man is not as invulnerable as he would seem. As the film progresses it is clear Tony is suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and is plagued with nightmares and having panic attacks which is something you wouldnt have seen in Iron Man 1-2.

Inspiration for the film was taken from the Extremis storyline from a few years ago a story that also helped shape the look of the original suit in the first film and its evolution in the second. The action as ever is fantastic, bombastic and adrenaline fuelled. From the scene where the house in Malibu is attacked to the final fight between the films antagonist but more on that later. It felt as if there was less action than the previous but that may be because this film is much more of a Tony Stark story than an Iron Man. For much of the film Tony is stranded and is forced to build his own means of protecting himself without relying on the suit. However when the suit is in the frame it does not disappoint. Very early on were shown one of the suits featured in the film and from those early scenes the suit seems to take on a character of its own and could almost be considered a form of comic relief similar to the mechanical arms in the the other films. I say one of the suits because unless you have somehow managed to evade any of the promo material for the film you will be very aware that there is much more than just one new suit. I cannot go into detail but fans of the comics will enjoy suits that appear to be based on some of the famous comic book incarnations such as the silver centurion and one that could be based on the infamous hulk buster armour.

Moving onto the villain of the film as we have been lead to believe it was to be portrayed by one Sir Ben Kingsley. In a move in which i believe to be both bold and brilliant we learn that the Mandarin is not who we believe it to be. What will no doubt enrage the hardcore it seems that real villain is actually Guy Pierce's Aldric Killian and that the Mandarin is nothing but a creation of his designed to insight fear. When Black could of gone the somewhat obvious way of making the Mandarin some sort of middle eastern power he has taken the film in a direction that i feel is more adult than the previous films as it seems more intelligent then the comic book films that we are gifted every summer and is something i would like to see continue in the rest of Marvels phase 2 and 3 films. I think in making the films more than what some may assume just action films they will garner more widespread appeal. Aldric's evolution as a villain start right at the very beginning of the story and continues to grow throughout the film. Guy Pierce seems to enjoy himself in this role and will no doubt receive some a great many female fans from his performance. However i hope he told Ridley Scott that he was gonna borrow some of the tech from Prometheus im sure the Weyland corporation would have something to say about that.

What Shane Black and his team has done is to instead to trying to make a film bigger than the Avengers and in making it a more personal story have created a film that stands on its own two feet. Unlike Iron Man 2 which struggled being in the middle of Phase 1 and needed to sort of seed both Thor and Captain America this film is allowed to evolve Tony Starks character more and give you an ending which i definitely did not expect and am genuinely excited to where it can go next. Downey Jr IS Tony Stark and even though his contract appears to be up Marvel would be mad not to throw money at him to get him to return as now no one could see anyone else filling Starks suits.

I do have a few minor problem though i do think that the character of Maya Hansen who was an important character in the comics was almost criminally under used. With few appearances in the film and not alot of character development there was definitely something more that could have been done for her. The same could have been said for Col James Rhodes who featured prominently in the promo material wearing the Iron Patriot armour. We never really got to see him get going till just over mid way through the film which was dissapointing as i wanted to see more of the Iron Patriot and see what it was capable of but maybe just maybe thats being saved for Avengers 2.

Besides those few minor problems this is a fantastic and highly enjoyable film that established fans should enjoy and is a ideal jumping on point for people who have managed to evade all the other films. Whilst it doesnt reach the heights of the Avengers its still the best Iron Man film and deserved a solid 9.
  33. May 4, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is funny and has some good special effects. I went in hoping for a bit of an emotional arc as Iron Man 2 let me down in this regard. While it seemed like they tried to make this happen, it was not well executed and now I'm back to where I was. I don't really care about the villain bait-and-switch as Kingsley was very funny (best part of the movie) and who cares about followingIron Man 3 is funny and has some good special effects. I went in hoping for a bit of an emotional arc as Iron Man 2 let me down in this regard. While it seemed like they tried to make this happen, it was not well executed and now I'm back to where I was. I don't really care about the villain bait-and-switch as Kingsley was very funny (best part of the movie) and who cares about following the comics. If I want the comics I'll go sit down and read them. The writing for the true villain was weak and his motivation was slim. Get better scripts Marvel! Sheesh! Expand
  34. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it's ok until about 3/4 of the way in....then a "plot twist" that renders the whole movie lame and and ending of epic fail proportions. (army of suits? puh-lease). Expand
  35. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what I just saw.
    This was by far the worst marvel movie I have seen to date. The problem with this movie was not the actors. They did great. The Mandarin plot I thought was going to be the part of the movie that was going to make me angry but it didn't really. The way he was used made sense during the real events of our world today. I mean who would be afraid of a guy in a dress with 10 rings doing magic in which one repulser blast will eradicate him instantly. That's why we have Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet for that.

The problem with the movie was with the Extremis, the lack of Iron Man action and the finale of the movie. I really thought this movie would really help my distaste of Iron man 2 which I really didn't like, but instead it did the opposite.

Lets begin with the Extremis. For starters every time I see one of these guys pop up I cringe and wait for something stupidly IMPOSSIBLE to happen.

Next is the constant Tony in the Iron man suit and out of the suit. He does this so much it makes me dizzy. Like he's advertising to the audience that he can do this. I've seen Tony in the suit like over 5 times and does nothing while wearing it besides walk down stairs, fall into the ocean, escape the ocean, force pushes it for pepper to put it on, force removes it from her to put it on himself, force pushes it to the villain to try it on. Hopscotches from one suit to the next just to fly. Then see other people use these suits with no training whatsoever. At this point I was just waiting for the kid to put on the suit to save Tony at one point.

Lastly the finale. Oh boy. At this point of the movie I want it to end already. Then we get the scene from the trailer where all the different Iron Man Marks show up. I knew that when they added a kid to this film it will lead to what I was afraid of. Chris O'Donnell said it best that when doing Batman and Robin it was like doing a Toy Commercial. That's exactly what it was. You see Tony using different suits made of METAL to be destroyed by humans which are made of FLESH AND BONE every time he puts one on. I yelled, "A what the Fudge" in a packed theater when this happened. Seriously. Then something even worst happens. He self destructs all his 42 suits. Why would he do this? Did he consider thinking about using these suits in case another threat from space happened again? Gee these suits will come in handy right? There was no answer to it. By the time I started writing this part it came to me and that is by the time Iron man 4 or Avengers 2 is released he somehow made new models of suits which can be sold as toys. BRAVO...

I believe if you remove all the stuff I have problems with it would have been a better movie. Making a movie really doesn't mean to make it bigger every time. Just make it simple and to the point. When you add to many elements you lose the audience and it becomes unwatchable. There has not been a successful comic book Trilogy yet and I don't think there ever will be. Just more reboots because people messed up the movies to recreate new ones. I really don't understand how any screws up a comic book movie when all the source material is already done for you in the comic books. I think making Iron man 3 was a big mistake as is The next Thor and Captain America. I believe that they should have used all these resources to create more Avengers movies. The spent all this time trying to get these characters together to just split them up again was a bad idea which is going to have bad repercussions down the road. The time will come when some of these actors don't want to reprise there roles anymore and this is going to make a lot of people and fans really upset. Upset because of the greed of milking these movies as a form of business instead of a form of art is going to destroy it.
  36. May 9, 2013
    The cast is great although i was not initially sold on Ben Kingsley as Mandarin. I am still not. The story itself was generic and blah. I get the concept of the movie of making Tony Stark vulnerable but the story itself doesn't work and is sluggish and boring to me. Seeing it in 3D is/was a waste in my opinion. I honestly think that they could have stuck more to the comics and made aThe cast is great although i was not initially sold on Ben Kingsley as Mandarin. I am still not. The story itself was generic and blah. I get the concept of the movie of making Tony Stark vulnerable but the story itself doesn't work and is sluggish and boring to me. Seeing it in 3D is/was a waste in my opinion. I honestly think that they could have stuck more to the comics and made a better movie.

From a comics stand point. They made Mandarin into a womanizing drinking soccer fan. Rhodes should have never been in the Iron Patriot armor that should have been worn by Norman Osborn. Rhodes should have been in the War Machine Black and Grey. Combining the Extremis and the Mandarin was a bad idea. Given that this a series of events after Captain America/Thor/ The Avengers the characters have dealt with gods and an alien race. A script could have easily been written that made a closer resemblance of how Mandarin should be and just had Mandarin vs. Ironman without it being too cheesy.
  37. May 5, 2013
    The movie seemed like a poor copy of the Dark Night Rises; and they completely screw the Mandarin in favor of the melt man brigade. All in all disapointing
  38. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll tell you why everyone is hating on Iron Man 3 (also known as "The Adventures of Tony Stark, The Mechanic"! Worst interpretation of a super villain!!!! (yes, even worse than Bane in "Batman & Robin") I wanted to see an Iron Man movie but instead I got a wanna be 007 meets Lethal weapon 5 with no character development. So many holes in the Script. You know it's bad when a series introduces a child actor for comedic relief. Just an example of the numerous holes here is one: When Tony Stark was fighting the main Villain at the end who is powerful because he injects some fluid into his body that was made to regenerate and just so happens to also give you super strength and 3000 degrees body temp.and the ability to blow up, Tony goes through about 3 sets of armor and then fights hand to hand. Ok no biggie. But almost dies. Only to find out that he had about 60 more suits of armor he could of wore that he decides to blowup for no real reason. Also, apparently Stark Towers no longer exists in this world or other superheros. because no one else could rescue the president or save air-force 1. I want the movie the trailer shows us, not this piece of crap......... Expand
  39. May 6, 2013
    such high hopes for the third installment of the franchise, but the disappointments never letting up from beginning to end, left an even more sour taste in my mouth. The treatment of the characters was not only non-entertaining, but fell very flat. Jon Farveau handled the terrorist angle brilliantly in the first film with Obadiah Stane, here The Mandarin character while decently acted bysuch high hopes for the third installment of the franchise, but the disappointments never letting up from beginning to end, left an even more sour taste in my mouth. The treatment of the characters was not only non-entertaining, but fell very flat. Jon Farveau handled the terrorist angle brilliantly in the first film with Obadiah Stane, here The Mandarin character while decently acted by Ben Kingsley, might have worked as a ‘bait and switch’ if he had been replaced with a more interesting and menacing character other than what turned out to be the failed scientist Aldrich Killian. The plot is thin and muddled with Tony Stark suffering from anxiety attacks (he only NOW gets to that point?) again, this might work, if the movie actually showed him caring about the supposed love of this life Pepper. Instead, it trots along, not giving any real human connection between any of the characters. I end up going where I never thought I would with Tony Stark not really caring what happens to him. Which makes me sad the more I think about it. Even the coined humor of the armored avenger seemed forced and often times mean and ill-spirited. If The Avengers taught us anything, it was that you can take a plot about unbelievable things and make a well thought out, believable movie out of it. Iron Man 3 suffers not just from choosing to go a less entertaining, less thought provoking route, but also because it took a step back with tired, worn, overdone concepts. Such a shame really with the wealth of material the comic world has to offer in the way of Iron Man, material Iron Man 1 & 2 took full advantage of. Expand
  40. May 7, 2013
    In comparison to the originality of the first movie, IM3 falls short, not just on story, but direction and editing. It looks like Paramount just threw a bunch of things into a stock pot and assumed because it revolved around the Marvel franchise, that we would automatically accept it. This is greed and laziness on the studios part, even Avengers was way better, IM2 has a momentum andIn comparison to the originality of the first movie, IM3 falls short, not just on story, but direction and editing. It looks like Paramount just threw a bunch of things into a stock pot and assumed because it revolved around the Marvel franchise, that we would automatically accept it. This is greed and laziness on the studios part, even Avengers was way better, IM2 has a momentum and dynamic, it's weak in parts but aside from Rouke's character being campy, is still watchable. The true test of time is when these films materialize on FX cable years later, I can never get tired of watching IM1, but this last installment was blah, overdone, and hokey, Kingsley role as the villain was left to being a laughable Buffon of a joke. When will Hollywood treat the legacy of these series with more respect, sure IM3 is going to make a ton of money, it's was budgeted in at about 200 mil, but who really cares, when they slapped together, a half baked, shoddy finale to a very interesting super hero..... Expand
  41. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very disappointed, the actors do well with the story they are given, sadly that story is just terrible. My kids fell asleep and they are absolutely hooked on the Avengers characters and all things Marvel related.
    I heard they wanted to give the characters more screen time but you have to make an action movie about action.
    The showdown at the end was about all the action Iron Man fans could take away from this slow and painful butchery of the Mandarin, Iron Man and War Machine characters.
    No one wants to see glimpses of the empty suit wandering around the mansion or the Mandarin turned into a flame throwing yuppy with a grossly overblown grudge.
    Shane Black is clearly the most destructive villain in this movie, Iron Man 3 is Tony Stark destroying his previously well defined role as a super hero. I expected the final scene to be Stark paying restitution and making public apologies after destroying all the suits and quiting so he could have more quality time with Pepper.
  42. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mannnn, this movie stunk! Is Stan Lee going senile or something? How much money did Hollywood pay him (or drug him) to allow them to wreck the Mandarin villain like that? The plot drug on too much in the beginning, the PTSD thing Tony Starks suffers from blows, and the villain twist was just lame. This comic-book hero movie has for the first time made me hope this trendy movie fad dies a quick death now. Downey looks old and tired and I liked him as an actor in the first Ironman and others, but they need to weld the iron door shut on this series for good my goodness. Anyone saying this movie is good must be easily entertained. Expand
  43. May 10, 2013
    I just watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the same week I saw Iron Man 3 so maybe because I didn't have to wait a year to see this one, I found it enjoyable! I know some hard core fans have their complaints but over all it was 100x better than the last installment to the Batman series. Clearly not related but as far as trilogies go, there's a lot of expectation to finish off the series in aI just watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the same week I saw Iron Man 3 so maybe because I didn't have to wait a year to see this one, I found it enjoyable! I know some hard core fans have their complaints but over all it was 100x better than the last installment to the Batman series. Clearly not related but as far as trilogies go, there's a lot of expectation to finish off the series in a good way. I think Iron Man 3 did that. Robert Downy Jr is so much fun to watch (and easy on the eyes, right ladies and gents?) and the SFX of 17 studios was pretty amazing. Good job! Expand
  44. May 3, 2013
    Saw this last night at the 9pm showing (which wasn't very packed, but everything apparently decided to come to midnight, lol) Anyway, the movie was awesome. Not quite a good at the first, but definately better than the second. I enjoyed quite a few things of the movie some of them containing spoilers that I won't mention, so do yourself a favor and go see the movie
  45. May 4, 2013
    Same old sh*t.I hate this movie,i went to sleep on the twentieth minute. I feel sorry for Robert and i wish, that he wouldn't be shooting in Iron Man anymore
  46. May 3, 2013
    The one thing I hate about Iron Man 3, "EVERYTHING"!!!!! 1 pt coz I sat for full 130 min expecting that something will happen but nothing happened
  47. May 3, 2013
    Iron Man 3 contains one of the worst twists in comic book film history. It fails to live up to the promise of its trailers, but still has its occasional sweet spots.
  48. May 4, 2013
    Wish I hadn't seen it. If Iron Man 1 The Dark Knight, then Iron Man 3 Batman & Robin. That's how bad it is. Words can't even begin to describe what an epic fail Iron Man 3 is. The entire movie was complete nonsense. Completely unfaithful to the established Iron Man lore.
  49. May 9, 2013
    I thought the movie was good. Robert Downy Jr was excellent. The plot line was a bit lame but what do you expect from a popcorn action movie when the hero knows all along he is not in any real danger. OK for a rainy Saturday afternoon.
  50. May 26, 2013
    If your looking for an entertaining movie then this isnt a bad choice.....that being said. This wasnt a superhero movie it was a "hollywoodized" mess. They let a writer direct his second movie ever and it realy shows. Without giving any spoilers out there the writer/director made some decisions and it was a huge mistake. If they ever let this guy direct another Marvel or DC movieIf your looking for an entertaining movie then this isnt a bad choice.....that being said. This wasnt a superhero movie it was a "hollywoodized" mess. They let a writer direct his second movie ever and it realy shows. Without giving any spoilers out there the writer/director made some decisions and it was a huge mistake. If they ever let this guy direct another Marvel or DC movie again, they will simply be committing suicide. My reasoning for 0/10 rating is simple bad script/direction so much so that it fails the whole movie. Everything else was good to great but this shouldnt have been an "Ironman" movie change some the names and call it something else then it would deserve a higher rating as for now it gets what Ive given it. Complete disgrace to Marvel. Expand
  51. May 7, 2013
    Actually left the theatre during watching this awful awful excuse for a comic book movie. Whoever came up with the "twist" at the end I hope lost their job and their house.
  52. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I only need six words to describe Iron Man 3 and how awful it is: The Madarin is a drunken actor. So, Ironman's #1 nemesis isn't really a nemesis, he's an actor impersonating his nemesis hired by another nemesis. Just awful. Its like finding out the Joker isn't really a bad guy, he was a circus clown hired by the Riddler to throw Batman off the scent of a less threatening evil plot. Just awful. Expand
  53. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First: I've always liked comics but I'm not a fanboy. So you will never hear me complaining about following the source material, how characters differ from the original,... Iron Man 3 however, is simply a bad movie.

First, it doesn't seem grasp the concept on how human interaction works. "Hello, I'm Tony Stark, a brilliant, rich playboy who speaks only in sarcastic one-liners. I have emotional issues because of what happened with the Avengers. Please care for me." This part doesn't work at all as it slotted in between silly jokes and mediocre action.

But hey, I could forgive them for that but the action is lame as well. Not one great scene to be found.

Furthermore, the is no coherence in the universe. The suit Iron Man used to fight powerful aliens gets trashed by a truck. His mansion get's trashed by a guy in a helicopter. Quite disappointing that a brilliant, rich playboy with the most high tech suit in the world forgot to put in a simple defence system in his own home. And don't get me started about the McGuyver part in the movie, the plot holes or the end.

The acting is... Let's keep it at: I'm happy that Guy Pierce got a bigger role because he was once a good actor but this kind of performances won't get him back on top. Robert DJ is acting like his suit: on autopilot. The only one that stands out is Ben Kingsley who is over the top yet hilarious as he should be in a comics movie. But if you are a fan of the comics, what they have done to the Mandarin as a character is an absolute insult to all fans.

Overall a big failure in all aspects: Story, characters, action, ...The first one was quite OK. The second one was bad. This one is no better.
  54. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm more than irritated by this movie. I felt let down in a huge way. Cheated. Betrayed. The twist was a complete lie and The Mandarin and his rings of power would have been an amazing threat for Tony, but Savin ended up being the "big villain" and although he was a nuisance, as villains are, he was just not what I cared about and because of the twist I was just more annoyed with him than anything. He keeps driving his armor remotely and after an amazing hero moment wrecks it once more (for like the 8th time.. which got real old) The whole movie was just an ongoing comedy. It was funny, but because I was let down by the twist the comedy lost it's effect on me and I just sat there stewing. The one liners got old and the snarkiness got irritating. The movie felt rushed too with no rise and falls of drama to build anticipation and the ending just felt like "and then this happened and then this happened and everything's ok now, ok bye" I wanted the real Mandarin and I want the chaos I foresaw in my mind this entire last year. And I didn't want Pepper Pots being a mutant and then suddenly not. I felt like Tony didn't use his suits to their full potential. It was all about "Oh look this new tech allows them to attach to me and whiz around all over and that's real cool" but he didn't use his on suit gadgetry hardly ever it seemed. One shot with a point blank uni-beam is not enough for me sorry. Arm repulsors were very underpowered from what we're used too. I just don't get it. The formula that's worked the past 3 movies and has built all this hype led to this... this... movie I'd rather not consider part of the Iron Man universe. And Iron Patriot might as well not even been shoehorned into this movie as a friend put it. War Machine isn't Iron Patriot anyway, Osbourne is... and his presence in the movie was purely novelty. And where's Nick Fury and his contact with Shield in any way, shape, or form. If the president's life was in danger, they would of had a huge impact on that.. Well, all the Avengers would have for that matter but they are nowhere to be seen. I get it's not Avengers 2, but more reference to what they were doing would have been nice.

Deep breath.... sigh. Better luck next time.
  55. May 3, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was an incredibly entertaining and clever movie. That said, like most superhero movies, it's a popcorn film, the kind where you simply sit back and enjoy the ride. And I3 certainly is a fun ride.
  56. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman is a simple character, a guy, a suit and weapons. Can you image what they are going to do with Thor and Captain America? Part one of those two were ok, Thor not so much. Yet they are bringing on part 2 for both. Disney sure can kill a franchise, what will they do with Star Wars?

This Ironman showed us that anyone can wear and control an Ironman suit. No firewall defenses, Jarvus just lets them have it. 42 suits and you still cant take down a low profile hacked up villain. As far as Iron Patriot why even bother making the CGI for him? Standard liberal story a kid with a missing father. They dare not have a story where the father is a good guy.
  57. May 8, 2013
    Although this movie is a mess,there is a way to get the real Mandarin in next Iron Man movie.But however this is still a very useless Iron Man movie.Although now Iron Man is an 'A' superhero, this non-existing plot is a very poorly written 'B' story.Not much positives from this movie,so i intended to forget this!
  58. May 10, 2013
    hated it!!!!!!!!

hated it!!!!!!!!

motivation for bad guy were weak... he started an evil terrorist group and kills people because he was ignored at a party by tony stark in 1999.... what they did to the mandarian character is unforgivable.... the post credit scene was horrible, wasn't entertaining nor funny and didn't further the anticipation for any upcoming marvel movies.... marvel had a good run but this was nothing but a money grab and pandering to the chinese market... the mandarian was originally chinese but you couldn't tell in this film.

atleast superman is around the corner- i guess iam switching over to dc movies from now on
  59. May 3, 2013
    Boring, boring, boring.... is it a disappointment? no.... just a confirmation about the path superheroes movies are following. Empty, not funny, not sad, incoherent, ridiculous. A good movie needs a good villain. And IM3 epic failed on this point. Unfortunately it is not the only pitfall in this movie. The end s**** and takes us for idiots... How can they ruined this movie with so manyBoring, boring, boring.... is it a disappointment? no.... just a confirmation about the path superheroes movies are following. Empty, not funny, not sad, incoherent, ridiculous. A good movie needs a good villain. And IM3 epic failed on this point. Unfortunately it is not the only pitfall in this movie. The end s**** and takes us for idiots... How can they ruined this movie with so many good stories in the comic book? Hope Disney won't botch star wars as they are doing with marvel... Expand
  60. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For the casual viewer, it's a step up from the mess that was Avengers, and is probably deserving of the critic's rating. It's a good watch, but if you're a fanboy it could be viewed as the WORST Marvel adaptation yet.

I'm not even a Marvel/comic fan in general, but I do know my stuff, and what they did to Mandarin was a crime. Especially with the awesome set up in the trailers. It's a lame bait and switch that doesn't work as well as it should.
  61. May 5, 2013
    This Movie is Terrible, It is by far the worst superhero movie every made. This movie has single handedly destroyed the franchise. How did anyone sign off on this horrible script?... I've never been so pissed about a movie being deceptive. Give me my money back!
  62. May 6, 2013
    Awful movie that made a complete mockery of the franchise. I really liked the first movie (loved the first half of the first movie). I was okay with the second movie. But this third movie was just...wtf. I've never seen a major villain ruined so thoroughly like they ruined The Mandarin. To quote Stark/Rhodes on The Mandarin, as a way to paraphrase the movie "It's embarrassing." TheAwful movie that made a complete mockery of the franchise. I really liked the first movie (loved the first half of the first movie). I was okay with the second movie. But this third movie was just...wtf. I've never seen a major villain ruined so thoroughly like they ruined The Mandarin. To quote Stark/Rhodes on The Mandarin, as a way to paraphrase the movie "It's embarrassing." The Mandarin has been effectively turned into a joke. The big "reveal" with "The Mandarin" has to be my least favorite Marvel film moment ever. The Mandarin is supposed to be to Iron Man what The Joker is to Batman, what Lex Luthor is to Superman. He's THE arch-villain... What happened, Marvel? You just had to go and make Iron Man 3 into a big budget spy spoof buddy film with as much slapstick and sophomoric humor you could squeeze in. Lame. DISAPPOINTMENT. Expand
  63. May 6, 2013
    Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had with movies. The story and plot are absolutely horrendous nothing makes sense and is only done to get to the movie's climax. The big "twist" is not only hilariously bad, but also a slap in the face of viewers we expect a great classical villain and instead get fooled. Simple put boring
  64. May 8, 2013
    I really enjoyed this. It was a classic superhero action movie with a lot of humorous dialogue and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. The 3D worked well and overall it just made for a really fun experience at the theater.
  65. May 8, 2013
    It seems more a parody than a movie of Iron Man. The characters are portraited as parody of their original comic-book counterpart. Feel so disappointed.
  66. May 18, 2013
    There are so many things that went wrong with this that I suggest you read spoiler filled reviews if you want to watch it. That way you wont have to watch it and I will have saved your life. Worst movie I've seen since Bratz: The Movie. Infinitely horrible. I want my money back. I also want apparently-retarded-Stark to build me a time machine so I can go back and never pay for this piece of sh*t.
  67. May 6, 2013
    i only subscribe in this page, to comment that the film is and absolutely dog excrement, i am a marvel fan and a comics collector and i know the character, but this is the worst film i see this year with no dude, just pathetic

no argument, no action, bad jokes, bad ending...........my god, sure the director was drunk or worse when he made it....
  68. May 3, 2013
    Its as if Tony Stark was dropped into a Lethal Weapon movie replacing Mel Gibson's, Martin Riggs. Just a big misfire and a bigger letdown. What was really jaw-dropping is the fact that the Marvel suits let one of Iron Man's most iconic villains, The Mandarin, be trashed in such a matter. There is some things that work and are genuinely funny, but it is just not enough. This makes me waryIts as if Tony Stark was dropped into a Lethal Weapon movie replacing Mel Gibson's, Martin Riggs. Just a big misfire and a bigger letdown. What was really jaw-dropping is the fact that the Marvel suits let one of Iron Man's most iconic villains, The Mandarin, be trashed in such a matter. There is some things that work and are genuinely funny, but it is just not enough. This makes me wary of the rest of the summer films Expand
  69. May 3, 2013
    As has been said by many others, this movie was incredibly disappointing. While the other two movies may not have stuck completely to the comics, this movie disrespects the characters that many of us have come to love. The movie itself is well made, with excellent effects, acting and humor here and there. Anyone who doesn't have much knowledge of the comics will likely enjoy this movie, asAs has been said by many others, this movie was incredibly disappointing. While the other two movies may not have stuck completely to the comics, this movie disrespects the characters that many of us have come to love. The movie itself is well made, with excellent effects, acting and humor here and there. Anyone who doesn't have much knowledge of the comics will likely enjoy this movie, as the story itself, taken completely independently from any other Iron Man stories (Aside from the movies of course), is very well formulated and engaging.

In summary, I had a hard time sitting through the entirety of the movie, and while it is a well made movie, I would personally not recommend it for anyone who cares/knows about the characters.
  70. May 3, 2013
    Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had with movies. The story and plot are absolutely horrendous nothing makes sense and is only done to get to the movie's climax. The big "twist" is not only hilariously bad, but also a slap in the face of viewers we expect a great classical villain and instead get fooled. The dialogue is some of the worst I've ever heard. The action is farProbably the biggest disappointment I've ever had with movies. The story and plot are absolutely horrendous nothing makes sense and is only done to get to the movie's climax. The big "twist" is not only hilariously bad, but also a slap in the face of viewers we expect a great classical villain and instead get fooled. The dialogue is some of the worst I've ever heard. The action is far too unrealistic and cartoony, even for a superhero movie, and the whole personal struggle between Tony and Pepper makes zero sense. It's like they took a movie formula and filled it out and said OK let's get our money now. The only redeeming factor of this steaming pile of crap is Downey's performance, as usual, and Ben Kingsley. Stay far away from this movie, it's only trying to milk the comic movie craze. Expand
  71. May 4, 2013
    This movie was such a disappointment. First, the entire story, despite a few moments, was very loose, cliched, and cheesy. Second, it was jam packed with political propaganda. And third, so many pointless and/or unlikely things happen, that they distracts from whatever the story is/was supposed to be.
  72. Jun 10, 2013
    Worst Iron Man ever! While special effects is still great as ever, story sucks. There's no sense of epic-ness in the whole story. Machine against man? Unthinkable mere flash & blood can battle Iron Man. I was pretty much bored throughout the film. Star Trek Into Darkness is way better than Iron Man 3.
  73. Oct 14, 2013
    Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyableAnother excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
  74. May 17, 2013
    Poorly done,sloppy, indulgent, often boring.
    Special effects instead of script, plot or dialogue.
    Too much action, too many sub plots, too many explosions.
    for $200,000,000 dollars worth of budget, they should have hired
    $2,000 worth of writing.
    Hand Iron Man 4 over to totally green, inexperienced, hungry film school graduates next time & you'll get a better result..
    DVD if your really bored
  75. Jun 2, 2013
    Just 3D colors and animation, no real movie or scenario, full kiddy movie. No actor did grasp the screen except the fake terrorist Ben Kingsley. A commercial movie, box office filled by tickets the parents buy for the youngsters. The iron man saves the US presidents from a maniac somebody, scientist? Not likely. Old story told in hundreds of movies. If you some other choices, skip this movie.
  76. Aug 28, 2013
    Great movie. Most people are just pissed about the whole Mandarin thing, thus the low score. This is a great film and deserves higher points. Great humor and good pacing. Yes, there are some things in the plot that doesn't make sense, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. Enjoy it for what it is and don't overanalyse it.
  77. May 17, 2013
    I've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totally does not deliver at all, and to be completely honest I almost walked out at the end such was the ridiculous finale. When I got home I watched the trailerI've never felt so cheated after watching that trailer. I realise that a trailer is not an abridged version of a film, but when I seen the trailer to Iron Man 3 it set a certain expectation for the Mandarin, for Tony Stark but it totally does not deliver at all, and to be completely honest I almost walked out at the end such was the ridiculous finale. When I got home I watched the trailer again and it;s like it was made for a different film. Expand
  78. Jun 25, 2013
    Pretty good flick. Lots of action and surprises. Great acting and a good story plot, but is he Iron Man any more or not? Guess you will have to go see it to decide for yourself. But there will be another Iron Man movie.
  79. Sep 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is definately one of the strongest superhero sequels released on the Marvel universe. Not only it crosses the boundaries in general but it also remains it's freshness, which is rare for a sequel. It's so good, I don't even want to say that it's a big improvement over it's predecessor. It is indeed, but it's almost as if Iron Man 2 never existed, which is a great thing. As a hugeIron Man 3 is definately one of the strongest superhero sequels released on the Marvel universe. Not only it crosses the boundaries in general but it also remains it's freshness, which is rare for a sequel. It's so good, I don't even want to say that it's a big improvement over it's predecessor. It is indeed, but it's almost as if Iron Man 2 never existed, which is a great thing. As a huge fan of the original, I loved this one just as much as I loved the first one. The plot twist has divided some people, but overall I'm glad this movie was still praised by critics and audiences alike, which is something rare and spectacular due to the lukewarm reception of it's predecessor. It is the most serious of the franchise but also the funniest. As a personal story and as for comedic timing it strikes high on both of those aspects. Shane Black was able to step up this franchise for a more groudbreaking territory with its complex narrative and impressive action scenes that will remain in everyone's minds forever. Its cast still remains professional and seem to know their roles pretty well, even newcomers to this series Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce portray their roles with the required versitality. Expand
  80. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good action, funny moments and strong performance from RDJ. However, the movie was a real let down, especially with The Mandarin, what a miss opportunity with the arch nemesis to Tony Stark. I was absolutely flabbergasted by that twist. Also the character of Tony Stark was made to look like a complete joke and admittedly I think his armour suits being destroyed so easily can be attributed that they were mainly a means to out let his insomnia and may not have used the proper elements to make them as strong as his current one, but still its rather lacklustre in the finale when they were easily dispensed by the generic villains. If you're a casual fan or like a standard action flick you will probably enjoy this but comic fans will be disappointed. They could have done a better job. Expand
  81. May 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Iron Man 3 is better than the second, but its not enough to beat the first. I was hoping more from the director, but I like the special effects. But, the story is not that good. It has too many humour inside it. I didn't like how Tony Stark make a joke or something, it makes the audience this film is a humour film instead of action film. Especially it makes me disappointed when I was waiting for the extra scene of this film, i wait until all the credits all end! But what, the special scene only consists about Stark telling his life story to the psychiatrist which are not real psychiatrist at all.
    That's not my only disappointments. Mandarin! Yes mandarin! The Iron Man's enemy!!! Which a idiot plot by the director when I know that Mandarin actually is a fake enemy! Mandarin is created by Aldrich Killian. Which is really disappointed me, because there are no big deal of Iron Man defeated Aldrich with his fire power.
    It sucks so many scene, like the US President who dies because of plane explodes, Maya Hansen who betrays Tony, Colonel James Rhodes who still be War machine or now called "Iron Patriot".
    But every negative critics, there always the positive ones.
    Like harley keener which is genius in that age. I like him. He has helped Tony for a big way.
    Though i have a lot disappointments, I hope it will be repaired in the next film of Iron Man.
    Hope for the best in Iron Man 4.
  82. May 6, 2013
    First of all, If you have seen all 3 of the major trailers for the movie. You have essentially seen the show. Honestly, I don't know how you could rate this movie that high. Anyone doing so, hasn't seen good movies. I am, by no means, snobby about the shows I watched. I liked Avengers. I enjoyed Thor to an extent. Don't get suckered in by this one. The plot divergences aside thatFirst of all, If you have seen all 3 of the major trailers for the movie. You have essentially seen the show. Honestly, I don't know how you could rate this movie that high. Anyone doing so, hasn't seen good movies. I am, by no means, snobby about the shows I watched. I liked Avengers. I enjoyed Thor to an extent. Don't get suckered in by this one. The plot divergences aside that other users have mentioned, the movie just isn't good..
    Like many movies Crappywood produces, the marketing department gets a hold of it, makes the hype and have trashed what could have been decent movie. All action sequences have been shown in the trailers. Every one. Even the big 3rd Act action sequence and resolution. Knowing that, the plot is entirely predictable.
    A couple of Pro's about the movie, is that they gave Tony Stark some realistic problems and motivations, but then the execution turns to crap. Sprinkle in a obligatory little kid to try and and get audience relation points (which seems entirely forced to me). The product placement is entirely over the top. It should read Sun Oracle's Iron Man 3.
    The dialogue can get down right corny at times, even worse than most of the other Marvel movies (minus a Nick Cage clumsy delivery). Add in one of the "superhero" characters being totally inept at an attempt of off comedy humor, and the product just looks silly.
    The product had potential, but then it seems like they just said "screw it, let's just make mass media that people will eat up." In my opinion, this is the worst of the Iron Man/Thor/Avengers/Capt. America combo. It's a step up from the Ghost Rider movies, but that isn't saying much.
    I didn't care about the other fan-boy crap mentioned about Mandarin that you may have read. I've read comics back in the day, and it doesn't bug me the divergence from the historic norm. Most of you average viewers won't care. Honestly, don't pay full price to see this in the theater. 1$ movie it, or wait for a Rental Service to get the disk product. Don't validate Marvel/Disney in producing this type of product. Seriously, don't do it, or they'll keep turning out this type of crap.
  83. May 31, 2013
    The story is a mixed of copy paste from Megamind ,Amazing spider man and Heroes.One of the lame super hero films with useless acting and stupid screen play.Hardly and 3D effects that also lame.Certainly not worth the hype and this is a orphan child of The avangers .Stay home and barrow Blueray later.
  84. May 6, 2013
    Overall disappointing. Slim plot and low level acting without any chemistry. The film will make a huge profit. I truly hope Iron-man IV, V and VI are better. My granddaughter, age 19, loved it. I hope Hollywood learns to make their movies as good as the comic books from where they take their "fresh" ideas.
  85. May 15, 2013
    After marveling at the cinematic brilliance of The Avengers last year, this year’s first Marvel release fell incredibly short of anything close to marvelous. Iron Man 3 like much of the glorified suit of armour in the movie is a clanking hollow shell lacking any real body or substance. It sorely suffers from the titanic box office juggernaut Marvel’s The Avengers proved to be and evokedAfter marveling at the cinematic brilliance of The Avengers last year, this year’s first Marvel release fell incredibly short of anything close to marvelous. Iron Man 3 like much of the glorified suit of armour in the movie is a clanking hollow shell lacking any real body or substance. It sorely suffers from the titanic box office juggernaut Marvel’s The Avengers proved to be and evoked overwhelming feelings of underwhelming disappointment and disenchantment upon its culmination. Damaged by a nonsensical antagonist swerve and a superhero over-utilizing his new remote play feature amidst inexcusable plot holes, aimless disjointed sub-plots, farfetched role reversals and a sense of going through the motions, this Iron Man installment is nothing short of filler, used as a catalyst to fuel the next phase in the ongoing Avengers (revenue) machine.

Robert Downey Jr. reprising his role as the brash billionaire playboy industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man is at his sardonic best, however, much of the dialogue Downey Jr. professes throughout the film seems on the verge of stand-up comedy rather than the empowering words of a man-made superhero. Also reprising her role as Pepper Potts is Gwyneth Paltrow, her performance though solid is plagued with an implausible narrative for her character, and the camaraderie between her and Downey Jr. seems forced at times. Ben Kingsley’s portrayal of credulous Tony Slattery otherwise known as the Mandarin is good for what it is, and Don Cheadle as the Iron Patriot formerly the War Machine got lost in the narrative somewhat but nevertheless provided a satisfactory performance for the parts and dialogue he was given. On a more positive note, Guy Pearce provided a stellar performance as the unstable scientist Aldrich Killian, a rivaling industrialist to Tony Stark with an underlying resentment for his fledging genius counterpart. Nonetheless, despite a couple of passable performances, notably those of Downey Jr. and Pearce, Iron Man 3 was sorely lacking character portrayals worthy of the audience’s time investment.

Shane Black takes over the helm of the Iron Man film series from Jon Favreau after his lackluster Iron Man 2 and teams up with Robert Downey Jr. who he last worked with on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. In hindsight perhaps Iron Man 3 could have been renamed to suit its premise more; Remote Control Iron Man, maybe Pepper Man, possibly even Avengers Hangover, these would all suffice, but How a Rich Man Copes with Seeing Aliens seems to fit best. Too much of Tony Stark’s vulnerability was exposed in this movie which diminished the character we have all warmed to, the exuberant larger-than-life billionaire playboy/superhero. By divulging Stark’s susceptibility to the strains of life to the extent it has in Iron Man 3 it makes it a lot easier to understand if he were to finally hang up his proverbial boots for good; not a good thing for a superhero film series with unfinished business. In addition to this, there is an underlying disconnect from the outset much like Stark with his beloved iron suit(s) in a significant proportion of this movie, by opting for the sympathy vote it is apparent Black has alienated viewers such as myself who want to see a superhero at the height of their powers overcome evil. By the end the very thing that ties Tony Stark to Iron Man is away with the wind, which is ironically where big-budget filmmaking intelligence went when this movie was produced. Here’s hoping the remaining parts of the Avengers machine have not depreciated like its iron core has evidently done.

Even the post-credits sequence connected to the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe seemed needless and afforded nothing to entice in terms of reasons to be eager to want to watch the forthcoming Avengers movie or the next entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. However, ironically the ending cameo encapsulated the essence of the entire Iron Man 3 movie, a psychiatric evaluation of a perturbed superhero.

On the contrary, Iron Man 3 is not a categorical disaster; it packed in enough explosive action and vivacious backdrops into a lengthy 2 hour 15 minute running time to at least be aesthetically pleasing to the viewer. Although when you look behind the niceties there is not much to write home about.

Nevertheless, Iron Man 3 is a frantic overblown popcorn flick that lacks any real conviction and can be only described as a damp squib. Like all superhero movies, the superhero is only as good as it’s adversary, and in this case the adversary was not worthy. As a stand-alone franchise it’s clearly demonstrable that it is suffering, as part of an even bigger picture, Iron Man’s appeal is draining with only 5% power and the odds of it reaching maximum altitude again are slim to none.

86. May 19, 2013
    Meh. There were some epic scenes (especially at the end), there were a few classic Downey Jr. lines, and some overall good special effects. Aside from that, this movie was pretty boring. The antagonist wasn't developed at all. There were way too many comic relief scenes. Like it was ridiculous, I would say about 70% of the movie could have been considered a bad comedy. With the combinationMeh. There were some epic scenes (especially at the end), there were a few classic Downey Jr. lines, and some overall good special effects. Aside from that, this movie was pretty boring. The antagonist wasn't developed at all. There were way too many comic relief scenes. Like it was ridiculous, I would say about 70% of the movie could have been considered a bad comedy. With the combination of the bad comedy and bad antagonist, the movie just didn't seem the way Iron Man movies are supposed to seem: epic. Expand
  87. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had mixed feelings on Iron Man 3. I'll start off with the positives as I normally do with my reviews (unless there is no positives!). Firstly.....Robert Downey Jr is a number 1 badass as Iron Man!!! I like how he acts and how he is when it comes to being witty. He is almost the merc with the mouth (DEADPOOL MOVIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!). I also liked the action scenes which were packed full of explosions and smart gestures that made up a pleasant scene. However, there were a few negatives about this film that I have to mention. The second half of the film was just meh to me....I mean sure there was 'action' but it was all a bit slow moving and just made me shrug my shoulders. The ending frustrated me the most.....it to me just felt like he just gave up in the end and quit abruptly as being Iron Man. So to sum it up, Iron Man 3 is a pretty good film was some highs and lows. Expand
  88. Jun 24, 2013
    In my opinion, the ending of a movie can make or break the experience. Up until the ending, Iron Man 3 was just outstanding. It was exactly the movie I had come to see, full of action, humor, and classic scenes. However, the ending was terrible. The final act of the movie was just full of plot holes, impractical actions, and the very end in particular completely defeats the whole plot ofIn my opinion, the ending of a movie can make or break the experience. Up until the ending, Iron Man 3 was just outstanding. It was exactly the movie I had come to see, full of action, humor, and classic scenes. However, the ending was terrible. The final act of the movie was just full of plot holes, impractical actions, and the very end in particular completely defeats the whole plot of Iron Man 2. It's a great movie and a must see, however the ending just bombs. It's definitely better than Iron Man 2, but not as good as the original Iron Man. Expand
  89. May 16, 2013
    Iron Man 3's trailers showed an epic Mandarin and a personal story. What we got, however, was an empty story with boring characterdevelopment and the most useless and disappointing comicbook villain ever brought to life on the big screen. As e supposed and definate ending to the Iron Man trilogy, it was unmemorable. You forget about the story, characters and ending, not only because it wasIron Man 3's trailers showed an epic Mandarin and a personal story. What we got, however, was an empty story with boring characterdevelopment and the most useless and disappointing comicbook villain ever brought to life on the big screen. As e supposed and definate ending to the Iron Man trilogy, it was unmemorable. You forget about the story, characters and ending, not only because it was uninterresting, but because you're better off forgetting than remembering. Expand
  90. May 23, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a tongue and cheek action movie. It has a nice comic book feel, which I felt was great considering all the gritty remakes we have been seeing lately. I would'nt say this movie is for everyone, mainly because the plot twist in the middle of the movie. It also suffers from boring, facepalm moments. It is an improvment over Iron Man 2, but not better than IronIron Man 3 is nothing more than a tongue and cheek action movie. It has a nice comic book feel, which I felt was great considering all the gritty remakes we have been seeing lately. I would'nt say this movie is for everyone, mainly because the plot twist in the middle of the movie. It also suffers from boring, facepalm moments. It is an improvment over Iron Man 2, but not better than Iron Man 1. It's, overall, a good movie. Expand
  91. Sep 5, 2014
    Weak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only onWeak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only on action, who dont think at all watching movie. I say again, it is not bad, just not for everyone. By the way, as I understood this movie was last of Iron Man series, at least I hope so, despite my love to Iron Man and other Marvel characters. Expand
  92. Jun 26, 2013
    A sarcastically humorous action movie that starts out a bit slow, but does eventually pick up. They did not follow the books, but it was still a good family movie and the graphics I have to say, were not bad either.
  93. Jun 11, 2013
    Here's the deal.. Iron man 1 was a very good movie that made all it's fans happy. Iron man 2 was kind of a downhill since iron man 1's success and I am not talking about it's box office; I'm talking about the plot. Iron man 3 shows sketchiness and a poor plot. Sure, the ending was fantastic with the whole iron man customs but if you really think about it, it was an average movie.. nothingHere's the deal.. Iron man 1 was a very good movie that made all it's fans happy. Iron man 2 was kind of a downhill since iron man 1's success and I am not talking about it's box office; I'm talking about the plot. Iron man 3 shows sketchiness and a poor plot. Sure, the ending was fantastic with the whole iron man customs but if you really think about it, it was an average movie.. nothing amazing but at the same time nothing boring. Okay now the box office: I went crazy when I found out that this movie made a billion in the box office that's 400 million dollars more than iron man 2. Overall, it wasn't that interesting but it also wasn't that bad! Expand
  94. May 5, 2013
    Very sadly disappointed with this film, as the first two had made Iron Man one of my favourite superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film dragged on for too long that I was actually getting bored whilst every serious, tense or exciting moment was 9/10 times ruined by a silly gag or one liner. I know nothing about Iron Man outside the movies but even I think the Mandarin thingVery sadly disappointed with this film, as the first two had made Iron Man one of my favourite superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film dragged on for too long that I was actually getting bored whilst every serious, tense or exciting moment was 9/10 times ruined by a silly gag or one liner. I know nothing about Iron Man outside the movies but even I think the Mandarin thing was dumb and from that point on I began to hate the movie, combined with cartoony fire people that are never explained and the severe lack of the Iron Man suit itself.
    I still give it a 3 because I was enjoying the film for the first half or so, as some parts were generally funny and the attack on Stark's mansion was pretty thrilling to watch.
  95. May 5, 2013
    If you are not a fan of the comic-book genre, I think you will not enjoy this film. Here, nothing in this movie lifts it above even the average comic-book genre film (you know, utterly predictable while being completely independent of its own logical premises). Heck, I thought I might as well be watching The Dark Knight Rises.

On a separate note, I saw this in 3D, and I do not believe

On a separate note, I saw this in 3D, and I do not believe 3D added anything worthwhile to this move.
  96. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The special effects and superb performances within the film did not help with a poorly executed story. The character of Aldrich Killian played by Guy Pearce begins with a weak character suffering from a physical condition then develops into a stronger one. A true villain will always remain stronger than the hero in order to raise the threat level. Meanwhile the Mandarin began as a threat then was reduced to a method actor. Iron Man 3 would have been well served if the villains were major threats to begin with rather than comic relief characters. Expand
  97. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know why Hollywood seems to feel the need to make the villains in movies, such as Iron Man, so terrifically dumb. In the first movie it was Iron Man against a bad guy that tried to copy his suit. Which was good. The next one is Iron Man against a couple dozen copies. I guess I can go along with that, but the so heavily used on-screen holographics really killed a lot of that move for me. Then it's a guy that is basically the human embodiment of a dragon. Really dumb. The storyline was just OK. Couple laughs here and there, but all-in-all it was a waste of time and money. I guess I'm glad they are done with the I.M. movies. The snarky Tony Stark character is about as fun to listen to as this last movie is to watch. Expand
  98. May 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a huge fan of the iron movies and marvels phase 1-2 movies. I was eagerly anticipating this movie and i was massively disappointed. this paragraph will not have any spoilers, but the next will. I get what the director was trying to do, he wanted to show that the man makes the hero- not the suit; but in that endeavor the director and script writers have gotten truly lost. the movie suffers from an over exploitation of cgi like that of the star wars 1-3. the movie is all over the place and has no focus.
    SPOILERS KIND OF )
    Any fan of the mandarian was looking for a stellar performance from ben kingsley, will be disappointed. the motive behind the creation of a bad guy who leads an international terror organization is inspired by the occurrence of being brushed off/ stood up by tony stark at a party some 16 years earlier. he was so deeply hurt that tony didn't stop what he was doing to acknowledge him that he created a terror organization and killed a bunch of innocent people...... are you kidding me marvel, the company seems to have such a bloated ego after the success of the avengers that it is not even trying any more. Marvel also treats us with an either awesome post credit scene or reveals a new bad guy, well the post credit scene SPOILER) was just tony rambling about his feelings to a dr. banner hulk), who keeps falling asleep on tony. plus dr. banner is fully gray- beard and all, he seriously looks like he aged 20 years in about a one year timeline. the post credit scene was useless. plus at the end of the movie before tony is even really sure if the bad guy is dead, he blows up all his suits, and gets his chest piece surgically removed. so lets recap- you blow up all your suits, your home and lab are blown up with now way to build a suit, you remove your iconic chest piece and then you end the movie saying you are iron man" just after you destroyed anything that proves it.
    all in all i want my money back, this movie blew up the box office and marvel is sitting at a desk right now thinking they did an awesome job when iam so disappointed right now!!! For a company that did a magnificent job on iron man 1-2, thor, cap america, and the avengers- they dropped the ball on this one. Now all of the other movies that are in the works and post production that i have been waiting to see, I am very worried as to what they will become. My confidence in marvel has diminished greatly. I know that even if i read any bad reviews i would have to see the movie for myself and judge it for myself, but if you feel the same way that i do about the movie- voice your opinion this is the first movie review i have ever done, it was that bad in my book).
  99. May 12, 2013
    I can't get over how ridiculously average this film is. I know that the film was hyped up a lot, and most people went to see it many times over, but for me, it was just barely worth seeing. With quite a bit of plain voice acting (I'm looking at you, Gwenyth Paltrow) average CGI, and very little charm compared to the first two, there are 3 things that make this film good: action sequences,I can't get over how ridiculously average this film is. I know that the film was hyped up a lot, and most people went to see it many times over, but for me, it was just barely worth seeing. With quite a bit of plain voice acting (I'm looking at you, Gwenyth Paltrow) average CGI, and very little charm compared to the first two, there are 3 things that make this film good: action sequences, settings and Trevor Slattery. I like the use of improvised gadgets in more realistic scenarios here. They make Tony Stark seem more hero like. But Trevor Slattery is what saved the film from being, say, a 3 or 4. His sense of humour made me pull through to the end. I'd nearly given up until he appeared, no joke. Anyway, the score is a 5... it's just so average. I can recommend you go see it, but only if you didn't see Iron Man 1 or 2. Expand
  100. May 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally I really wanted to see this movie, but as it came closer to release date I started losing interest. I ended up seeing it during memorial day weekend, and it was a full house. I just finished it and I have a bit to say. First of all, horrible way of hiding the villain, the minute you see him you can tell he's the villain, they did the same thing in Batman forever. The bad guys Tony has to fight are unclear, in how to kill. They get shot in the head and even get caught in explosions, but they still don't die. Only when they get hit through the chest do they finally die, also the effect they use for them doesn't look that great. The fact that nobody could figure out how the Manderin Attacks occur; even though we see how in the first 15-20 minutes, until a little too late in the film is a bit infuriating. The fact that Tony can now remotely control the suits almost makes him unimportant because now he doesn't have to put himself in danger anymore. Finally the most biggest complaint I have is the fact that Robert Downey Jr doesn't do his normal likeable performances, but feels more like he's on auto-pilot. This is pretty important to like the main character, especially when it's talking about his life story. I guess I should say some positive things about this flick. I like some of the effects like always, but doesn't have that same charm that the first one does. Some of the action scenes are pretty good, the airplane scene in particular is well done. The ending fight with the suits vs the Extremis soldiers is okay, but is bit messy to. At last I think Ben Kingsly performance as an actor is funny; him being a terrorist not so much, I'm glad that they didn't try too make him so serious and decided not make anything possibly offensive. In the end this film is really different from what I expected, what I got wasn't all too bad, but I wanted something else. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.