6.4

1. May 6, 2013
    Overall disappointing. Slim plot and low level acting without any chemistry. The film will make a huge profit. I truly hope Iron-man IV, V and VI are better. My granddaughter, age 19, loved it. I hope Hollywood learns to make their movies as good as the comic books from where they take their "fresh" ideas.
  2. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    Boring action, terrible screenplay. Another Disney/Marvel movie aimed at milking the audience money.
    This is not a movie by a long shot but some product made just to be watchable enough so people pay money.

Happy that I did not see that at theatres and I downloaded it by torrent. This movie absolutely did not deserve any money. I give it a 3/10 and not 1/10 because "some" Tony Starks
    lines were funny, because "Blue" of Eiffel 65 at start. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2013
    My review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simple movies when it comes to the script, there´s no heart in the characters, the love interest is totally bland, no strong villains and I could go on. I did not mind the Mandarin surprise, that is not the reason why this movie is average. And no amount of hype, budged and big box office success can change that. So many comic book movies superior to this out there. Expand
  5. May 15, 2013
    After marveling at the cinematic brilliance of The Avengers last year, this year’s first Marvel release fell incredibly short of anything close to marvelous. Iron Man 3 like much of the glorified suit of armour in the movie is a clanking hollow shell lacking any real body or substance. It sorely suffers from the titanic box office juggernaut Marvel’s The Avengers proved to be and evoked overwhelming feelings of underwhelming disappointment and disenchantment upon its culmination. Damaged by a nonsensical antagonist swerve and a superhero over-utilizing his new remote play feature amidst inexcusable plot holes, aimless disjointed sub-plots, farfetched role reversals and a sense of going through the motions, this Iron Man installment is nothing short of filler, used as a catalyst to fuel the next phase in the ongoing Avengers (revenue) machine.

Robert Downey Jr. reprising his role as the brash billionaire playboy industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man is at his sardonic best, however, much of the dialogue Downey Jr. professes throughout the film seems on the verge of stand-up comedy rather than the empowering words of a man-made superhero. Also reprising her role as Pepper Potts is Gwyneth Paltrow, her performance though solid is plagued with an implausible narrative for her character, and the camaraderie between her and Downey Jr. seems forced at times. Ben Kingsley’s portrayal of credulous Tony Slattery otherwise known as the Mandarin is good for what it is, and Don Cheadle as the Iron Patriot formerly the War Machine got lost in the narrative somewhat but nevertheless provided a satisfactory performance for the parts and dialogue he was given. On a more positive note, Guy Pearce provided a stellar performance as the unstable scientist Aldrich Killian, a rivaling industrialist to Tony Stark with an underlying resentment for his fledging genius counterpart. Nonetheless, despite a couple of passable performances, notably those of Downey Jr. and Pearce, Iron Man 3 was sorely lacking character portrayals worthy of the audience’s time investment.

Shane Black takes over the helm of the Iron Man film series from Jon Favreau after his lackluster Iron Man 2 and teams up with Robert Downey Jr. who he last worked with on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. In hindsight perhaps Iron Man 3 could have been renamed to suit its premise more; Remote Control Iron Man, maybe Pepper Man, possibly even Avengers Hangover, these would all suffice, but How a Rich Man Copes with Seeing Aliens seems to fit best. Too much of Tony Stark’s vulnerability was exposed in this movie which diminished the character we have all warmed to, the exuberant larger-than-life billionaire playboy/superhero. By divulging Stark’s susceptibility to the strains of life to the extent it has in Iron Man 3 it makes it a lot easier to understand if he were to finally hang up his proverbial boots for good; not a good thing for a superhero film series with unfinished business. In addition to this, there is an underlying disconnect from the outset much like Stark with his beloved iron suit(s) in a significant proportion of this movie, by opting for the sympathy vote it is apparent Black has alienated viewers such as myself who want to see a superhero at the height of their powers overcome evil. By the end the very thing that ties Tony Stark to Iron Man is away with the wind, which is ironically where big-budget filmmaking intelligence went when this movie was produced. Here’s hoping the remaining parts of the Avengers machine have not depreciated like its iron core has evidently done.

Even the post-credits sequence connected to the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe seemed needless and afforded nothing to entice in terms of reasons to be eager to want to watch the forthcoming Avengers movie or the next entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. However, ironically the ending cameo encapsulated the essence of the entire Iron Man 3 movie, a psychiatric evaluation of a perturbed superhero.

On the contrary, Iron Man 3 is not a categorical disaster; it packed in enough explosive action and vivacious backdrops into a lengthy 2 hour 15 minute running time to at least be aesthetically pleasing to the viewer. Although when you look behind the niceties there is not much to write home about.

Nevertheless, Iron Man 3 is a frantic overblown popcorn flick that lacks any real conviction and can be only described as a damp squib. Like all superhero movies, the superhero is only as good as it’s adversary, and in this case the adversary was not worthy. As a stand-alone franchise it’s clearly demonstrable that it is suffering, as part of an even bigger picture, Iron Man’s appeal is draining with only 5% power and the odds of it reaching maximum altitude again are slim to none.

6. May 19, 2013
    Meh. There were some epic scenes (especially at the end), there were a few classic Downey Jr. lines, and some overall good special effects. Aside from that, this movie was pretty boring. The antagonist wasn't developed at all. There were way too many comic relief scenes. Like it was ridiculous, I would say about 70% of the movie could have been considered a bad comedy. With the combination of the bad comedy and bad antagonist, the movie just didn't seem the way Iron Man movies are supposed to seem: epic. Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.0] In some ways it's my favorite Iron Man movie, and it's so much different from the first two. It has much more personality, but it doesn't take itself as seriously as I would have hoped.
  8. May 15, 2013
    Iron Man 3 had a lot of expectations. The second sequel to a hugely profitable franchise, this movie had some big shoes to fill. And the shoe fits, but not very comfortably. Robert Downey Jr. is excellent as usual, playing Tony Stark with such ease and smoothness that he just might save this movie. Iron Man 3 has more packed into its running time than the other movies. More action (or more violent action), more family friendly-parts, and more about Stark. But I feel like the plot is missing too much... explanation. I felt really confused with what was going on at times. I wish that the screenplay was better, but Downey really saved this film. I would say that it's worth your time, but not if you're going into it with a negative connotation. Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had mixed feelings on Iron Man 3. I'll start off with the positives as I normally do with my reviews (unless there is no positives!). Firstly.....Robert Downey Jr is a number 1 badass as Iron Man!!! I like how he acts and how he is when it comes to being witty. He is almost the merc with the mouth (DEADPOOL MOVIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!). I also liked the action scenes which were packed full of explosions and smart gestures that made up a pleasant scene. However, there were a few negatives about this film that I have to mention. The second half of the film was just meh to me....I mean sure there was 'action' but it was all a bit slow moving and just made me shrug my shoulders. The ending frustrated me the most.....it to me just felt like he just gave up in the end and quit abruptly as being Iron Man. So to sum it up, Iron Man 3 is a pretty good film was some highs and lows. Expand
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    In my opinion, the ending of a movie can make or break the experience. Up until the ending, Iron Man 3 was just outstanding. It was exactly the movie I had come to see, full of action, humor, and classic scenes. However, the ending was terrible. The final act of the movie was just full of plot holes, impractical actions, and the very end in particular completely defeats the whole plot of Iron Man 2. It's a great movie and a must see, however the ending just bombs. It's definitely better than Iron Man 2, but not as good as the original Iron Man. Expand
  11. May 16, 2013
    Iron Man 3's trailers showed an epic Mandarin and a personal story. What we got, however, was an empty story with boring characterdevelopment and the most useless and disappointing comicbook villain ever brought to life on the big screen. As e supposed and definate ending to the Iron Man trilogy, it was unmemorable. You forget about the story, characters and ending, not only because it was uninterresting, but because you're better off forgetting than remembering. Expand
  12. May 23, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is nothing more than a tongue and cheek action movie. It has a nice comic book feel, which I felt was great considering all the gritty remakes we have been seeing lately. I would'nt say this movie is for everyone, mainly because the plot twist in the middle of the movie. It also suffers from boring, facepalm moments. It is an improvment over Iron Man 2, but not better than Iron Man 1. It's, overall, a good movie. Expand
  13. Jul 2, 2013
    This was a pretty good movie im not gonna say great but it was still pretty exciting. I think some of the other iron mans were better. And I think they could have added a little more humor. But still an exciting movie.
  14. Nov 15, 2013
    so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
    and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
    and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ?
    and you have a
    terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
    and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
    just stop this series already.
  15. Jul 12, 2013
    I'm just gonna say this at first.. I liked this movie.
    But the people down below giving this movie 0s and 1s are being fanboys, retards, and are completely talking out of their asses because they have NO IDEA what a REAL 0/10 movie is. Go see Titanic 2, Birdemic or the Room and come here saying this is a 0 you blind fanboys.
    As to the Mandarin twist. Who the hell cares? It's an okay twist that's bashed on and hated by blind fanboys that are WAY TOO mad that this movie isn't taken straight out of the comics without a single atom changing.
    The Mandarin twist could have been teased in better though. It felt really sudden and almost not backed up.
    If they had hinted it with some foreshadowing or maybe put in some random earlier things that wold have tied in when we found out.
    Now, one thing I DIDN'T like however, was that Pepper was the one to kill Killian/The Mandarin.
    Overall this is a great movie, go see it if you're not expecting it to be true to the comics at all.
    And don't mind the bad reviewers, most of them are just mad cause they didn't get their magician man.
  16. Jul 13, 2013
    Decent. Was never a big Iron Man fan, but I like superhero movies. The trailer was very deceiving. Turned out to be nothing like I had expected. Had its moments though. I enjoyed it while in the theater, for the most part, but I don't ever imagine caring to see it again. I didn't particularly like the plot twist, or the main villain. To me, the twist turned the movie into a light-hearted action-comedy, and I was kind of hoping Iron Man would go out with a bang, with a darker plot (I'm assuming this was his last solo movie). But it wasn't enough to make me upset after seeing it. If I liked Iron Man more, I probably would have been really disappointed by this movie. Expand
  17. Oct 6, 2013
    I was sadly disappointed by Iron Man 3. Maybe because I was expecting too much out of it. I didn't get as much Tony sass I as hoped for. I just felt like it was missing something along the way. I did still enjoy Iron Man 3. I liked how it tied back to The Avengers. I could have been much better, but it still could have been worse.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    This is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took the Extremis story arc to appeal to a mass audience. It just made more sense. The blu-ray is packed with your typical blu-ray extras so no surprise there. Bottomline: a must see and own for even mild super hero movie fans. Expand
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    A sarcastically humorous action movie that starts out a bit slow, but does eventually pick up. They did not follow the books, but it was still a good family movie and the graphics I have to say, were not bad either.
  20. May 17, 2013
    Any decent film franchise will try to recover from a failure if the potential upside outweighs the downfall. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like most people, I wasn't a big fan of Iron Man 2. It had its moments and some great characters, most notably Scarlett Johansson in a skin tight suit kicking butt and taking names. Not to mention any movie that involves Samuel L. Jackson always gets a bump in credibility with me. That man can read the phone book and make it fascinating. Oh, and did I mention Scarlett Johansson in a skin tight suit? Even that can't save a badly told story from a weak script. As a friend recently told me, a good story can make people forgive bad production value but the reverse isn't necessarily true.

Thankfully, Iron Man 3 has a good story and good production value. Whereas Iron Man 2 was more wrapped up in setting the scene for The Avengers and the preceeding Captain America and Thor movies, this movie is about the aftermath. How does Tony Stark live with what he's seen and done? What does a scientist do when his perception of the world has been shattered and he realizes that the world is much bigger and more deadly then he could have imagined? Can a hero even operate under that kind of environment? That's the reality that Tony Stark is living with at the beginning of the film and the theme of the whole movie.

It's a powerful theme and something that's pretty common in the superhero film genre, particularly in today's world. Doing it well and in a fresh way takes a lot of planning and a good foundation. The best part about adapting a comic book character with as many years behind it as Iron Man, you have a lot to draw from. Particularly when your audience may not be as familiar with the character's history as most hardcore fans. The first film raised the profile of the character but I'm guessing that the fans of the first two films didn't go out and read all the best comics of the character. I can count myself among such fans.

Still, I know enough to know what makes a good superhero film for the bigger fans. This film has a lot of those elements but doesn't require you to go out and read through every comic book to understand the context. It also refocuses the story on the main character, something sorely lacking in a film that has such a self-centered hero. In the end though, I think most people will be very happy with the latest installment of the Iron Man franchise. It's smart, funny and has a lot to say about the world we live in. The way a great movie of this type of film genre should do things. Even better is the fact that we know that this franchise is far from over. They have Thor and Captain America 2 coming out and while the film doesn't appear to set up anything for them, it does leave you with room to do another chapter if the folks at Marvel want to.

And with the sucess they have been having lately they most certainly will. Unlike other film trilogies, the character's story isn't entirely wrapped up but many elements which have been carried over through the three films do get a resolution of sorts.

Is the 3rd time the charm for Iron Man? I was definitely charmed by it and I look forward to seeing more from the character and the Marvel Universe.

For more of my reviews, go here:

21. May 12, 2013
    You can read my review of the first chapter of Marvel's Cinematic Universe Phase 2, "Iron Man 3", here http://geektasticfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/iron-man-3.html
  22. May 5, 2013
    When I first heard the announcement of Iron Man 3 I though "to top off a movie with 7 superheroes they're making a movie with only 1 or 2 heroes, what happened to the ideology of crossovers?" Watching the trailers and this movie had rid me of this stupidity for the most part. Compared to the first two, Iron Man 3 takes a darker yet more suspense filled approach. Tony Stark is no longer the charming hero as he was in the Avengers, but a man trapped in dreaded post-recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks that had haunted him from the Avengers initiative. This does dramatically improve the importance of characters such as Rody and Pepper, but looking back at the previous two Iron Man movies it feels like the dark and to some extent humourless Timothy Dalton phase of the James Bond series which began right after the comedy styled and light hearted Roger Moore phase which makes you question whether this is really a reboot of the series. The Mandarin has charm and class, yet hides a cruel and un-redeeming character and similar to previous Iron Man villains he a recognizable character who can be easily feared and identified. Though the plot seems basic and hold it's moments, I'm rather disappointed with minor plot holes that could have been avoid through simple logic and instinct. If Tony Stark is threatening a terrorist group while providing the address of his home, shouldn't Stark at least get Pepper somewhere safe and possibly call Shield to provide support or maybe ask Bruce Banner or Steve Rogers to help? Hell, why isn't Stark wearing his Iron Man suit when he knows that he'll be attacked by a group of terrorists. Overall it's a great entry of the Iron Man series though with some flaws. I find the Mandarin's motive to be a little farfetched and the post-credit scene was not worth the wait. Expand
  23. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When this film started I was hooked! For the first half of the film I was at the edge of my seat. However then this kid showed up, he didn't ruin the film or anything but the film slightly dropped in quality but the dialogue was still great and Stark was on fire! But then Stark goes to take on 'the Mandarin'...*sigh*. When Kingsley walked out of the bathroom, my face sank. I was devastated, literally traumatized. I don't know who thought of this idea, but it is a terrible idea. Any comic book fan will be pissed watching this film. I don't even remember the rest it was so generic. Luckily I have fond memories of the fist half of the film, it really was great! But is you don't mind what happens to the Mandarin, you'll probably enjoy the film. Expand
  24. Jun 11, 2013
    Here's the deal.. Iron man 1 was a very good movie that made all it's fans happy. Iron man 2 was kind of a downhill since iron man 1's success and I am not talking about it's box office; I'm talking about the plot. Iron man 3 shows sketchiness and a poor plot. Sure, the ending was fantastic with the whole iron man customs but if you really think about it, it was an average movie.. nothing amazing but at the same time nothing boring. Okay now the box office: I went crazy when I found out that this movie made a billion in the box office that's 400 million dollars more than iron man 2. Overall, it wasn't that interesting but it also wasn't that bad! Expand
  25. May 21, 2013
    There is a problem that exists with casting big hollywood stars to play masked superheroes, and the more of the hero's face is covered with mask, the more pronounced that problem becomes. Big hollywood stars want their face on the screen. Close-ups preferably. Compare two "Judge Dredd" movies. The one from 1995 with Stallone and the recent one with Karl Urban. The comic book Judge Dredd never removes his helmet, but it was not good for Stallone, cause he is such a big star or whatever. So in 1995 movie most of the movie Dredd is seen not just without his helmet but without his uniform at all. Karl Urban. on the other hand is not such a big star (yet?) so he stayed true to the source and spent the whole movie in the helmet.
    Now lets look and those Iron Man Movies.When in the first movie we saw way more of Tony Stark than we did of Iron Man. It was kinda okay. After all we were watching the origin story so it was to be expected. The second movie was showing too much of Tony Stark and those "inside the helmet, holograms on the face" close-ups.. but we got to see War Machine and Downey Jr. is really a good actor so it was kinda okay.
    But Iron Man 3.. oh man. they should've named it "Tony Stark 1" instead of "Iron Man 3". It is not about the "MAN inside the armor". Its "man inside THE ARMOR" what made Iron Man what it is today! We do not care about Tony Stark that much, come on! Even in the final confrontation most of the fight Stark is outside of the Iron Man armor. They even made those "inside the helmet" close ups when Stark is actually OUTSIDE the helmet... come on! What the hell is this about? This movie makes me wish for Downey Jr. contract NOT to be renewed and for the studio to cast someone less famous (that does not mean less talented, just dive into TV actors pool and you can find some gems there) who has no problems with gvivng more screen time to CGI Iron Man Armor and just providing the voice.
  26. May 5, 2013
    Very sadly disappointed with this film, as the first two had made Iron Man one of my favourite superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film dragged on for too long that I was actually getting bored whilst every serious, tense or exciting moment was 9/10 times ruined by a silly gag or one liner. I know nothing about Iron Man outside the movies but even I think the Mandarin thing was dumb and from that point on I began to hate the movie, combined with cartoony fire people that are never explained and the severe lack of the Iron Man suit itself.
    I still give it a 3 because I was enjoying the film for the first half or so, as some parts were generally funny and the attack on Stark's mansion was pretty thrilling to watch.
  27. May 5, 2013
    If you are not a fan of the comic-book genre, I think you will not enjoy this film. Here, nothing in this movie lifts it above even the average comic-book genre film (you know, utterly predictable while being completely independent of its own logical premises). Heck, I thought I might as well be watching The Dark Knight Rises.

On a separate note, I saw this in 3D, and I do not believe
    3D added anything worthwhile to this move. Expand
  28. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The special effects and superb performances within the film did not help with a poorly executed story. The character of Aldrich Killian played by Guy Pearce begins with a weak character suffering from a physical condition then develops into a stronger one. A true villain will always remain stronger than the hero in order to raise the threat level. Meanwhile the Mandarin began as a threat then was reduced to a method actor. Iron Man 3 would have been well served if the villains were major threats to begin with rather than comic relief characters. Expand
  29. May 6, 2013
    Lots of explosions and other special effects! Also, some very funny "LOL" moments. This is a great movie for the eyes and the ears but plot holes, contradictions and absurdities negatively influenced my experience greatly.

Most the plot holes are spoilers so I will not elaborate. I will say the first two film were much more intelligent than this film. I completely agree with Orndorf's
    points about the film's disjointedness but I was surprised he skipped its many plot holes and contradictions.

Prior rules set by the first 2 movies (involving his chest wound, its relation to the armor and also how the armor functioned) were ignored and contradicted. Also, and perhaps only serious for comic book enthusiasts, the Mandorin's comic book mythos was almost completely ignored (He basically just looked like the Mandarin.)

Next, with a crazy movie premise (man in iron suit,) I was surprised no attempts were made to ground the movie's remainder in reality. IM3's intelligence was influenced by in-your-face and conveniently placed plot devices and ridiculous stunts performed by characters (not the magical ones) without care or injury. Also, character behaviors and actions, though funny and entertaining, were stupid and ridiculous. No forethought was placed on certain characters who were, magically, able to heat 3k degrees but stay clothed. This reminded me of Hulk and his ability to keep clothed. Finally, national security protocols, and awkward use of firearms were also hard to swallow... Ahhh! Some of the above examples were (admittedly) petty but still distracting.

The above greatly influenced my enjoyment, unlike the previous entries. Don't get me wrong, the first 2 movies required a suspension of disbelief as well, but with top-notch script, dialogue and direction I was able to suspend and enjoy.

Oh well. I will still buy the Blu to finish my collection.
  30. May 6, 2013
    Iron Man 3, the first movie I ever walked out of a theater after seeing and didn't know whether i liked it or not. But after looking through the plot and recalling certain scenes, I realized that this movie was a solid film, not amazing, not horrible, but solid. My one major complaint about it was that Director Shane Black tried to make it too funny. its an action movie with comedy, not an action comedy movie. half of the good comedy was some of Starks clever remarks towards the young boy and Mandarin, and the other half was the great satire dealing with how America views terrorism. The action sequences were great! Especially his house being destroyed. I enjoyed the major plot twist of this movie. It was certainly something no one expected to happen, and whether you were excited or pissed about it, you were indeed shocked by it. Despite Robert Downey's great performance as Iron Man again, I must say that Guy Pearce delivered the best performance in this movie. He was sinister, seductive, hate able yet believable. I truly think this summer will be the summer of great super villains. With actors like Pearce, Michael Shannon, and Benedict Cumberbatch playing villains who can easily steal the praise of the movie from the hero themselves. Overall I liked this movie, everyone should see it at least once, Ill see it again just not in theaters. I appreciate how it brought closure to Iron Man, but I wonder how he will be used in the next Avengers movies. Plus he will probably have more of those weird anxiety attacks. And Mandarin's army reminded me too much of the robot villain from Terminator 2, I guess they were supposed to be that way. Expand
  31. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know why Hollywood seems to feel the need to make the villains in movies, such as Iron Man, so terrifically dumb. In the first movie it was Iron Man against a bad guy that tried to copy his suit. Which was good. The next one is Iron Man against a couple dozen copies. I guess I can go along with that, but the so heavily used on-screen holographics really killed a lot of that move for me. Then it's a guy that is basically the human embodiment of a dragon. Really dumb. The storyline was just OK. Couple laughs here and there, but all-in-all it was a waste of time and money. I guess I'm glad they are done with the I.M. movies. The snarky Tony Stark character is about as fun to listen to as this last movie is to watch. Expand
  32. May 6, 2013
    I didn't see the two first movies, but I really loved this one. I think the action on it is the best I ever saw in the Avengers's characters. Just somethings didn't made sense, and I was bored sometimes.
  33. May 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man is one of the most iconic superheroes of all time. Everyone knows who he is and that is probably mostly because of this franchise fright here. I'm not complaining, and I'm not saying anyone else is either, but is anyone really thanking them for it?
    I think we can all agree that the first to this trilogy is, in fact the best of the series by far and one of the best comic book movies of all time. I don't want to get into the first one right now because this is supposed to be a review for the third, but I will say that the first one had an aspect to it that little superhero movies, or action movies for that matter had. It had the humanism that could create the ability to relate to a character (Tony Stark) who is almost impossible to relate to, for the average moviegoer. But that one pulled it off with flying colors. Now, I know that a movie like Iron Man will be tough to follow, but I felt that Iron Man 2 really lost sight of all of the aspects that made its predecessor a masterpiece. They turned the franchise into a big Blockbuster money grab. It may have reached the heights visually, but for sure not emotionally, and you need a little more than a couple cool action sequences to keep more mature audiences occupied…well, most of them. The third and I think final installment in the series brought some of the characteristics back that made the first great, but was there enough?
    Iron Man 3 was, in my opinion, the least over-the-top of the three. I thought that Robert Downey Jr. didn’t bring everything he had brought to the other two that made me love the character so much. He was surprisingly very mellow and toned down in this movie. It might have been the change of directors or maybe he might have just been done with the series and ready for his paycheck, but it just didn’t pull me in and that is a problem. This movie was also the most comedic with slapstick humor being thrown at you from every corner. I will admit, a good amount of it hit, but there was also the stuff that missed that just made you roll your eyes.
    After that first movie, I felt like the whole production team for these movies just gave up. They said, “Hey, we may have made one of the best action movies of all time. Who cares what comes next.” So they just threw a second installment together knowing it will make tons of money and it did, and it got some from me, but I really wish they had strived towards more. Sadly, I couldn’t shake that feeling during this movie that they just gave up. They put a little more thought into this one, but not enough to convince me that these people are actually trying to make a fantastic movie. I will give them credit for what they had in this movie though. They had some interesting material and not just mindless action like in the second one. There were some cool concepts in this, like taking the beloved villain (The Mandarin) from the comics and throwing a little twist into it and having him not be the actual villain at all and just an actor that is playing the part. Guy Pierce is actually the terrorist who attacked all those locations. I found it to be an interesting concept and I enjoyed it. I don’t know how the fanboys are all going to take it, but I liked it.
    I think we can throw the acting and the effects into the same boat for this one. The effects were a lot better than the acting in this movie. The effects looked great, especially the end action sequence with the dozens of Iron Men killing the mutants. The mutants looked pretty good too, except for when they exploded. That wasn’t the very best effect. So the effects were on a high note, but the acting was a bit lower. As I said before, Robert Downey Jr. didn’t bring as much to the table as he did in the other two. But I actually thought that everyone was kind of toned down and mellowed out, except for Ben Kingsley. He did an outstanding job and he was by far the most over-the-top, and he was the exact definition. Guy Pierce was fine and so was Gwyneth Paltrow but no one else really blew me away. Now let’s take a minute to talk about this child actor in this. When he first showed up, I knew I was going to hate him and I prayed that he was a small part of the movie. This kid was awful, and thank god he wasn’t in the majority of the movie. He had no emotion and he was just so annoying and unlikable. I know I hated him. But I mean, he’s a child actor, Can I really judge him? All I can say is that I was so happy to get rid of him.
    Iron Man 3 had its flaws and thank god there weren’t as many as the second one. But it still didn’t live up to the famous first film, but what will right? In my opinion, it was better than two, and worse than one. Taking it all into account, I did enjoy it and I recommend you at least see it. Just go see for yourself. This was the darkest of the three and I think that gives it a couple of extra points. I would recommend it, just don’t be expecting it to be influential.
  34. May 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a huge fan of the iron movies and marvels phase 1-2 movies. I was eagerly anticipating this movie and i was massively disappointed. this paragraph will not have any spoilers, but the next will. I get what the director was trying to do, he wanted to show that the man makes the hero- not the suit; but in that endeavor the director and script writers have gotten truly lost. the movie suffers from an over exploitation of cgi like that of the star wars 1-3. the movie is all over the place and has no focus.
    SPOILERS KIND OF )
    Any fan of the mandarian was looking for a stellar performance from ben kingsley, will be disappointed. the motive behind the creation of a bad guy who leads an international terror organization is inspired by the occurrence of being brushed off/ stood up by tony stark at a party some 16 years earlier. he was so deeply hurt that tony didn't stop what he was doing to acknowledge him that he created a terror organization and killed a bunch of innocent people...... are you kidding me marvel, the company seems to have such a bloated ego after the success of the avengers that it is not even trying any more. Marvel also treats us with an either awesome post credit scene or reveals a new bad guy, well the post credit scene SPOILER) was just tony rambling about his feelings to a dr. banner hulk), who keeps falling asleep on tony. plus dr. banner is fully gray- beard and all, he seriously looks like he aged 20 years in about a one year timeline. the post credit scene was useless. plus at the end of the movie before tony is even really sure if the bad guy is dead, he blows up all his suits, and gets his chest piece surgically removed. so lets recap- you blow up all your suits, your home and lab are blown up with now way to build a suit, you remove your iconic chest piece and then you end the movie saying you are iron man" just after you destroyed anything that proves it.
    all in all i want my money back, this movie blew up the box office and marvel is sitting at a desk right now thinking they did an awesome job when iam so disappointed right now!!! For a company that did a magnificent job on iron man 1-2, thor, cap america, and the avengers- they dropped the ball on this one. Now all of the other movies that are in the works and post production that i have been waiting to see, I am very worried as to what they will become. My confidence in marvel has diminished greatly. I know that even if i read any bad reviews i would have to see the movie for myself and judge it for myself, but if you feel the same way that i do about the movie- voice your opinion this is the first movie review i have ever done, it was that bad in my book).
  35. May 15, 2013
    Even though I think that this movie is a bit overrated, it is still good. RDJ is a good actor and the movie has a lot of action scenes. There's is also a lot of humour in it.
    If you watched and enjoyed Iron Man 1 & 2, you'll like this one too.
  36. May 12, 2013
    I can't get over how ridiculously average this film is. I know that the film was hyped up a lot, and most people went to see it many times over, but for me, it was just barely worth seeing. With quite a bit of plain voice acting (I'm looking at you, Gwenyth Paltrow) average CGI, and very little charm compared to the first two, there are 3 things that make this film good: action sequences, settings and Trevor Slattery. I like the use of improvised gadgets in more realistic scenarios here. They make Tony Stark seem more hero like. But Trevor Slattery is what saved the film from being, say, a 3 or 4. His sense of humour made me pull through to the end. I'd nearly given up until he appeared, no joke. Anyway, the score is a 5... it's just so average. I can recommend you go see it, but only if you didn't see Iron Man 1 or 2. Expand
  37. May 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally I really wanted to see this movie, but as it came closer to release date I started losing interest. I ended up seeing it during memorial day weekend, and it was a full house. I just finished it and I have a bit to say. First of all, horrible way of hiding the villain, the minute you see him you can tell he's the villain, they did the same thing in Batman forever. The bad guys Tony has to fight are unclear, in how to kill. They get shot in the head and even get caught in explosions, but they still don't die. Only when they get hit through the chest do they finally die, also the effect they use for them doesn't look that great. The fact that nobody could figure out how the Manderin Attacks occur; even though we see how in the first 15-20 minutes, until a little too late in the film is a bit infuriating. The fact that Tony can now remotely control the suits almost makes him unimportant because now he doesn't have to put himself in danger anymore. Finally the most biggest complaint I have is the fact that Robert Downey Jr doesn't do his normal likeable performances, but feels more like he's on auto-pilot. This is pretty important to like the main character, especially when it's talking about his life story. I guess I should say some positive things about this flick. I like some of the effects like always, but doesn't have that same charm that the first one does. Some of the action scenes are pretty good, the airplane scene in particular is well done. The ending fight with the suits vs the Extremis soldiers is okay, but is bit messy to. At last I think Ben Kingsly performance as an actor is funny; him being a terrorist not so much, I'm glad that they didn't try too make him so serious and decided not make anything possibly offensive. In the end this film is really different from what I expected, what I got wasn't all too bad, but I wanted something else. Expand
  38. May 31, 2013
    Fun, Frantic and Fast could summarise the newest Iron Man simply. Yet it fails to achieve the brilliance and depth of the original. Yet if you are looking for a movie which goes beyond simple action flick, keep on looking, the heavy CGI presence feels over used and some what blurry in the lengthier fight sequences.

As a fan of the comics and the first and parts of the second film, i
    feel this movie feels apart from the others and it is clear that another director has taken the helm. It is a shame that Shane Black was given the role as i felt he ignored the rich history and some what bastardised the series. Expand
  39. May 16, 2013
    There are many many logical fails in this terrible movie. Tony Stark always had more than 30 suits AND NEVER USES THEM TILL THE END!! ABSURD!! Mark 42 And Iron patriot were a big fail. The extremis soldiers destroys the armors like they was made of paper ¿iron man is garbage now? (also Pepper detroys one with 1 single hit) The Mandarin............well the mandarin. Many logical fails, many many disappointments, we never saw what we expected to see; this movie sucks, Iron Man was my favorite avenger, i hate the ones who made this movie. I give it 5/10 Expand
  40. Jun 1, 2013
    The latest Iron man movie was entertaining. It kept you on the edge of your seat. With that said the villians were all wrong. Pierce was great but the so called terrorist was a joke if u want to make a comedy make a comedy
  41. May 20, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a pleasant rarity, in the fact it surpasses the first two installments by miles. It's pure fun and humorous at the same time. Robert Downey Jr. does what does back as Tony Stark. You may have noticed that I didn't say Tony Stark/ Iron Man, that's mostly because when you think of Tony Stark you think Iron Man. When think about the two, you think Robert Downey Jr. He has personified the character, so much that he has become the character. The movie's plot was the most exhilarating of the three movies. Other great performances were provided by Ben Kingsley's sinister and need I say hilarious portrayal of the Arch Nemesis The Mandarin Guy Pearce as Nerd Turned Playboy/Maniac Aldrich Killian, and Gwyneth Paltrow returning as Pepper Potts who had more action in this outing. Iron Man 3 was a Summer Superhero blast but it did have parts where the plot was drawn out. That's why I give it 9/10 Expand
  42. May 22, 2013
    I went into the theater with high hopes for the movie, but came out of it feeling devastatingly disappointed. It was like one of many movies which try to build up to a climax of senseless fighting. As to filling in the gaps in the remaining time, I guess the director Shane Black had a tough time deciding what to insert. I wasn't just a little disappointment by how boring the movie was as a whole. I practically slept through the first quarter of the movie, and even after trying to concentrate on the movie, all interest faded out quickly.

There was barely any character development, and even for the supposedly exciting parts of the movie, I wasn't very impressed by the senseless fighting either. The whole plot just didn't seem to make any sense. Tony Stark dared the villain to come look for him, and even revealed his address on television. Yet, when the villain came, he wasn't even prepared for it in the least. How much sense does that make? Not a lot.

Well, fine. I shall give a little credit to the sub-standard climax since it actually got some adrenaline coursing through my blood for the first time. But the movie, which seemed to be trying to attract crowds with its violence and special effects, left my blood running cold. A fresh batch of troops arrived, boasting several other iron robots in its arsenal. This defeated the whole idea of a special "Iron Man", didn't it? After that, it was a chaotic flurry of blasts everywhere, and the movie ended at last with the robots exploding in mid-air. While watching it, my mind instantly reeled back to the point where the first suit exploded. That time, it was a big one. So, I was surprised when Tony and Pepper escaped unscathed from all the suits exploding around them. But fine, I can see that the director wanted to create more dazzling displays of special effects, and I applaud him for his effort.

To sum it all up, it is an 'ok' movie at best, and I don't see it surviving the cut-throat competition in the movie industry. Give it a few more years and who knows? Iron Man might turn from iron to rust.
  43. May 23, 2013
    When you go see a Marvel superhero movie, you do it to have fun, and you have to be willing to suspend a decent amount of disbelief. However, this movie actually found the limit of disbelief I'm willing to suspend when Guy Pearce breathed fire. It's also another great example of Marvel movies being completely unwilling to show good/innocent characters dying. It's a fun movie, I guess, but I probably rolled my eyes just as often as I laughed. Expand
  44. May 24, 2013
    Personally, I think the plot could have been better and not so thin on the ground. I love the cast. They are great actors and actresses but that does not mean it makes a good movie.The plot has to be good like in the Bourne series so it catches ones' attention. Because if one see a good movie with famous people and a descent plot, then one will remember it as being a good movie like the "Not Happy Jan Add," simple, yes but, effective because it was catchy and stand outish like a good plot should be. Expand
  45. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was horrendous. It's sad too because ironmans portrayal in the avengers movie gave me hope that the 3rd installment would rebound back after a disappointing sequel to the ironman series. Expand
  46. May 28, 2013
    Disappointing. Has the least action of all 3 movies, a confusing plot (something to do with regenerating limbs and exploding bodies), a generic villain who's only saving grace is its portrayal by a very good actor in Guy Pierce. But the worst part of all is the portrayal of The Mandarin, they marketing made it seem like he would be the main villain, its only a ruse however, it is revealed that The Mandarin is not the bad-ass, alien ring bearing super-villain, and rather then delivering the epic battle the trailer promised, we are treated to a half realized and rushed sequel. Cannot recommend. Expand
  47. May 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good movie but still a dissapointment to the end of a fantastic trilogy.theres some great action sequences towards the end(even though theres not many throughout the movie).villains are far fetched and the worst of them all is that the mandarin is built up to be this evil,sick terrorist and that excited audiences because he was different to the past villains in the trilogy(he didnt wear an iron suit) but when he turns out to be nothing more than just an actor working for killians company.that was a massive letdown.also they spend too much time on tony stark rebuilding his life and fixing his suit(which i think is a very ugly suit aswell).still a must see for the action itself because in a way it is spectacular and iron man finatics are sure to be satisfied! Expand
  48. May 31, 2013
    I would say that this is my favorite Iron Man movie. Yes, the twist pissed me off, but I'm still trying to get over it. I'm not a big fan of the mark 42 suit, but I feel like it fits very well into this movie. Please don't hate this movie because of the plot twist.
  49. Feb 3, 2014
    电影充满故事和幽默,但导演将基调弄得黑暗又和这种幽默格格不入,其它水准把握还算不错,特效不错,最后得大战控制得不够到位,反派的设定很不讨喜,令人失望。
  50. May 30, 2013
    There was a lot of problems with this movie, and it seemed to try to get more of the heart and good story (which it did some, but not to a great degree) and had less fun than the second.
  51. Jun 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The iron man 3 movie is both good and disappointing. The enemy is mostly a human who have many weakness like maybe with no arm and with the power that the main villain gives, it will make them superhuman. That's it. The new enemy is also disappointing. All the main villain and the villain could do is mostly generate heat which will burn almost anything. There isn't really much variety. Also there isn't much back story of the main villain other than he want to meet Tony Stark in the roof in the new year.

From what I see, the humor is one of the good thing in the movie. There is some really funny humor to just normal one.

The Mandarin enemy is not really intimidating for me. Basically, he only leads a false army of Arabians which the twist is that the real Mandarin use heat to make explosion. Not really that amazing and intimidating for me. And the super human villain ability is the same as the main villain. I expect them to have lower ability but it seem that they have both equal power which is kinda weird for me.

The plot to kill the president is also disappointing for me. They should really use a different plot because in movies, mostly they use that plot.

Now for the machines. There is really many suit at the final fight. I expect them to tell a bit small story about how they were created but all they do is like: Here is the machines now go kill those enemies.

I expect the movie to be better than Iron Man 2 but it seems I am wrong. Iron man 2 villain seems to be more powerful for me. They have a whole army of robot plus a human who use a battle suit like Tony Stark but with a different power. I would only recommend watching this movie for the Humor. Other than that, the movie is highly disappointing 5/10 for the movie from me.
  52. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  53. Jun 5, 2013
    Hands down worst movie Marvel has ever made...fire-breathing villains, plot holes, I could go on. They tricked people into thinking it was good through media manipulation and even worked over the critics in some of the sites...but as a fan of movies with over a thousand movies ranging from Citizen Kane to Casablanca, I can tell you I usually give movies a fair chance...and this movie completely sucked!!! What's worse is they made the villain, who is supposedly an iconic enemy to iron man, a joke...they even removed the shrapnel that makes him iron man at the end (why they didn't do this two movies ago...oh yeah, cause he couldn't). All this was a total slap to any kind of genre or iron man fans, although they will try to cover the bs by calling it "artistic"...and to top it off, even the vice-president is in on the super-secret group, And the avengers or other superheroes never show up. Oh, and Tony Stark runs around the whole time trying to get a new suit (even has a boy sidekick who is able to repair space-age technology in his barn).

This movie was a complete joke and those who made it should apologize to the comic and movie fans!!!

What's more troubling is that so many people liked this pile of crap...guess the media still has the power to manipulate...I have good taste in movies, and this was tasteless. Pure junk and worst Marvel movie ever made!!!
  54. Jun 7, 2013
    Marvel Cinematic Universe ‘Phase Two’ has kicked off with the third installment of Iron Man. Iron Man 3 follows in the wake of movies like The Dark Knight trilogy and The Amazing Spider-Man delivering a far darker and more serious-toned movie than its predecessors. The director baton has been passed from Jon Favreau to Shane Black, who has a history working with Robert Downey Jr. on the cult favorite Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Shane Black balances the darker tone of the film by injecting his signature off-the-wall dialogue that is expertly delivered by Robert Downey Jr. Although all of the jokes don’t land, the majority do, making the latest installment of Iron Man the funniest yet.
    Iron Man 3 opens with a flashback to 1999, narrated by a present-day Tony Stark, that introduces a pre-Iron Man Tony Stark creating his “own demons” as he blows off budding scientist and super-nerd Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) for a one-night fling with brilliant biologist Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall) who is on the verge of developing a technology to repair damaged cells if only she could figure out how to stop the unfortunate side effect of spontaneous combustion.
    Jumping back to present day it becomes readily apparent that Tony is having trouble coping with the aftermath of New York and the existence of aliens, other worlds, and Norse gods. Tony’s PTSD leads to many sleepless nights and the creation of numerous Iron Man armor variants. Several other familiar faces make an appearance including Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), Tony’s now live-in girlfriend and head of Stark Industries, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau), now Head of Security at Stark Industries, and Col. James Rhodes (Don Cheadle), who along with a new paint job has become the Iron Patriot.
    When super-terrorist, the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), responsible for multiple bombings against the United States, seriously injures Happy in a bombing, things get personal for Tony Stark. Tony issues a public warning to the Mandarin, threatening revenge and even going as far as to taunt him with his home address if the Mandarin is man enough to take him on his own turf. The Mandarin takes him up in his offer with a helicopter raid on Stark’s beach-side mansion. This is the film’s first big action scene and is beautifully intense, especially in IMAX 3D, and proves that Shane Black is a versatile director capable of delivering high-speed, over-the-top action sequences expected from blockbuster comic book films.
    Following the attack on Stark’s mansion, Tony is a little out of his element, having to take on the Mandarin and his accomplices, a now suave Aldrich Killian and souped-up soldiers Savin (James Badge Dale) and Brandt (Stephanie Szostak), without the aid of his Iron Man suits or billion dollar bank account. This is the heart of the movie where we see Tony lose much of his self-centered egotism without sacrificing the humor that comes with it. In fact there is quite a lot of banter between Stark and Tennessee adolescent, Harley Keener (Ty Simpkins), who aides Tony with the use of his long-gone father’s old workshop.
    Despite being an overall enjoyable movie-going experience, Iron Man suffers from several setbacks. The most apparent being the humorous pieces of Shane Black’s that fall short and instead come off as cheesy. The second being the sheer number of Iron Man armor variants, all of which seem to be self-autonomous which raises the question “If Tony Stark can create an army of Iron Man suits that can fight for themselves why put himself in harm’s way?” Lastly is the direction taken in a particular scene toward the middle of the film, which I won’t reveal to save you from any spoilers, which can either make the movie for some or in my case leave one with a sense of underwhelming. That being said the film is certainly worth the watch and will have you wondering where Marvel will take Tony Stark/Iron Man in future films.

Check www.moviemikereviews.com for more reviews and news.
  55. Jun 7, 2013
    When Iron Man 3 opens and Eiffel 65's hit "Blue" from 1999 begins to play as we see the Marvel and Paramount logos flash up on the screen it was clear we were in for a little something different this time around. I haven't read many comic books and out of the ones I have, none of them have ever been an Iron Man comic, but at the end of the day it feels like that if there were a film that was able to get as close to the spirit of its source material (or even the artistic medium originally used for that matter) that it might be this one. Granted, I have nothing to base that on, but it is simply a gut instinct in that the tone of this film is very light in its banter, very quick in its wit, and also more personal at the same time than I ever expected it to be, especially considering the obvious point that it's a massive summer blockbuster. While Iron Man 3 doesn't exactly live up to the expectations I was holding for it, it instead reroutes them and delivers a story that was more on the opposite side of the standard super hero flick spectrum while still containing enough explosions and fight scenes to appease those that go to these kinds of movies expecting nothing more than that. Director Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) takes over for Jon Favreau (who still shows up to play Happy Hogan) and took on writing duties as well and has delivered a very Shane Black-esque script with plenty of self-referential dialogue and a large scale action set piece every twenty minutes or so. I enjoyed the film immensely and found Robert Downey Jr. as good as ever as Tony Stark, but despite all the flash and bang it still felt like there was something missing, or maybe that's just because Captain America, Thor, and The Hulk didn't bother to show up.

read the whole review at www.reviewsfromabed.com
  56. Jun 7, 2013
    I think it was better than the second but not the first iron man. It kind of confused me about the whole mandarin villain but, the graphics and special effects were successful and the movie had a good story. The most exciting part of the movie was definitely the ending, it could have been a lot better if it had more action and they really should of fixed the mandarin situation. Overall it was a great movie. Expand
  57. Jun 8, 2013
    This movie was awesome the best out of the series. It had a great story line and great action. The humor was also great I found myself laughing at everything. The best part though from my perspective) was the best. I love this movie I can't wait till it comes out on DVD so I can watch it when ever I want. U have to see it.
  58. Jun 10, 2013
    This movie has abated the glory of the two previous ones, and gone to a state messed up. At the end of it Tony Stark threw that piece of energy source into water, and murmured himself still an iron man. It seems that directors have been tired of rationalizing this superman, are earnest to shatter his image apiece, and restore the meaning of “iron man” to the spiritual domain. Thus snapped off together are the gorgeous show of acrobatics in the movie’s body: what such exaggerated myths are for, if the man can remain steel without his armor? It’d be better the directors throw away all his iron pieces at the beginning, and progress on a fleshed man’s struggles with his iron-like spirit.
    Yet watching it is not very tedious, as the visual effects are somewhat good.
  59. Jun 20, 2013
    At this point in the game you know who Iron Man is and there are few surprises in store. All superhero movies depend on a good villain and unfortunately Tony Stark never seems to have one that can give him that much trouble. This time around it is different but unfortunately the villian isn't that intriguing.

Iron Man 3 is far better than it's predecessor but at this point I would
    think that we would have had a collaboration with the Hulk, Thor or Captain America. I'm not sure any of the individual movies can breathe in the shadow of the Avenger movie and the writers would be smart to try something different. Expand
  60. Jun 11, 2013
    May is the starting month for summer blockbusters. "Iron Man 3" is the first one for this season and it does not let down. Rather than being a tie in to the other "Iron Man" films and "The Avengers," this Iron Man stands out completely on its own in merit. To summarize the overall plot of the new Iron Man, it is basically about the champ down on his luck who needs a comeback. Tony Stark's new nemesis is a mysterious terrorist known as the Mandarin, played in an out-of-character role by Ben Kingsley. After obliterating Stark's home and crippling his iron suits, Stark is forced on his own to survive and try to figure out a way to thwart the enemy's plans. We expect Stark to win and we know he will…he's Iron Man after all. Nevertheless, we want to see how he will triumph over his foes. A frequently overused plot device, it still somehow works and makes an intriguing movie.

Things are often predictable (as in most superhero flicks), but there are also some nice surprises. I thank Shane Black for his contribution as both writer and director for the movie. Jon Favreau is still in the picture as producer and Stark's trusting bodyguard Happy Hogan. Don Cheadle and Gwyneth Paltrow reprise their roles as Colonel Rhodes and Pepper Potts. Paltrow particularly breaks the norm from the typical damsel in distress and makes a stand with a fiery intensity. Guy Pearce and Rebecca Hall step in as new characters, and both seem to be just having fun with their roles (perhaps too much in some scenes).

The film moves at a steady pace. The action and humor is abundant. The VFX is meticulously impressive. The characters are solid. There is nothing more I can ask for in the big budget Super hero flick. "Iron Man 3" kicks off the summer season so far with a smashing success. I hope that "Star Trek Into Darkness" does as well later this month.
  61. Jun 11, 2013
    Everything I want from a summer blockbuster: Drama, romance, comedy, craaaazy plot-twists, great performances...and action. Action galore. Probably my favorite Marvel film to date...even above The Avengers.
  62. Jun 12, 2013
    It's worth a watch, the movie works for die hard fans of IRON MAN!!! Robert Downey Jr's acting is cool as usual.

:) go ahead and watch it i personally liked the movie
  63. Jun 12, 2013
    I walked in the theaters with very high expectations, me thinking it was gonna be as good as the dark knight rises. I was very wrong... from the trailer the movie had a much much darker and serious tone. Iron Man 3 had very unnecessary and pointless "laughs" at sometimes.The big twist in the movie really disappointed, I thought Iron Man and the Mandarin were going to have an epic battle. The person (not saying who) who killed the actual villain made me laugh, seriously Tony Stark and his somewhat 43 suits couldn't defeat the villain!?? Wow.. This didn't really feel like an Iron Man movie. This movie felt like an action comedy movie. My dad was very disappointed as well. Overall I give it a 5 out of 10. Expand
  64. Sep 6, 2013
    I love the Iron Man film franchise, the previous films delivered childhood dreams for me and the 3rd film doesn't disappoint. There are a few things that they've done in this film that they shouldn't but it's still entertaining until the end.
    I have to say, I still prefer the assembly line suits in the previous films compared to the get in and go ones in this film but they did show the
    Extremis style suit very well.
    Hopefully in 3 days time, I'll have it on Blu-Ray.
    I highly recommend you buy the Invincible Iron man volume 1 hardcover just to see what the Extremis story arc really was about, look on Amazon.
  65. Jun 14, 2013
    The weakest one of the three movies, in my opinion. Action movies, and superhero movies in particular, will always have plot holes, but this is often a mine field. Robert Downey Jr. seems tired of being Tony Stark, as well. The action is cool and the graphics are great, but the thrill is missing a little compared to the other movies. The way everything is wrapped up at the end is quite lacking as well. I was entertained, but I feel there were many missed opportunities. Expand
  66. Jun 15, 2013
    Pretty split audiences' reaction towards this movie, which is a shame really considering the amount of work and care they took to maintain the Marvel's movie standard. A big task to follow up on one of the biggest movie franchise to date but the team behind Iron Man 3 took it as a challenge instead of an obstacle and simply went the other way and focus on the smaller stuff instead of trying to match the big spectacle before it. There are some big set-pieces that holds true to the capabilities of Marvel universe in putting you in awe but the remainders of the movie leans much more closer to a spy-thriller than the usual superhero cliches. It is not a bad thing at all to take a new direction but excluding myself, audiences might feel differently towards the risks taken in this movie, especially with that one big twist.
    Truth be told, the original canon is not suitable to be adapted in this day and age, with their aim in extending the Avengers movie franchise that's treading carefully between the 'real world' and the 'supernatural elements'. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie in 3D and loving every minute of it, including the end-credit scene which is bumming me out that it's just a playful scene but not doing much to extend this universe. Not perfect, but certainly one of the best to date!
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is extremely exciting, with great action sequences and a good plot, but it isn't better than the first one, but better than the second, but although there are some glitches here and there but still you can pass them away easily and enjoy the ride!
  68. Jun 15, 2013
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes RDJ you never fail me. This movie was incredible....action packed.....funny and watchable oh yeh and a marvel movie. This movie got slack for its very unexpected twist which made me cry from laughter it's just sooo good to have an action movie that doesn't take everything so goddamn serious....DC
  69. Jun 16, 2013
    this is one of the films that I expected more in the year 2013, the action was there but has lost its freshness of the first film.
    two things disappointed me: Mandarin and the end of the film that left me unsatisfied
  70. Jun 16, 2013
    This movie rocks, and I am writing this after watching Man of Steel (a mega disappointment). This one is so much better than that at every level. The special effects rock see the way the suit clings to him and sometimes throws him offguard, also the climax is awesome. The acting rocks RDJ is clearly the master of his game here and others chip in with superb performances too. The story, screenplay and dialogues rock it sounds like how normal people speak and is laced with subtle humor at all places. Most importantly, the film has soul and connects with people, rather than being crash-boom-bang without any purpose. If you haven't seen it, you're clearly missing one of the best films of 2013. Expand
  71. Jun 16, 2013
    I attended the midnight showing of Iron Man 3 and received satisfaction from a movie with a good plot outline, entertaining fight scenes that were planned out with technique, and Robert Downey Jr.'s ability to lift the crowd's humor with his sarcastic and very believable role as Tony Stark. All in all, except for a few ending tweaks of disappointment, it was an entertaining movie.
  72. Jun 17, 2013
    Fantastic. I loved this movie. Now that I have seen them both I can honestly say I like this movie better than man of steel. This movie had comedy. A good directed that knew what he was doing. And it had a lot of great action that wasn't to over the top. So basically the opposite of Man of steel. I thought this was a great movie that is good for the whole family. Don't listen to all those bandwagon mandarin fans. Go see this movie. Enjoy, laugh, eat some popcorn. I will say though. Their are some big twists in the movie. Some that I thought were way funny that they did. Some that I was kinda sad about. Still, go see it. I think you will enjoy Expand
  73. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron man 3 is a good film. That is probably enough to say about it but unfortunately that can't be the last of it. This film could be a ten if the director didnt have the mandarin twist. Also it tries to be funny but ultimately isn't. Ok the action scenes are intense and exciting but no where near the level as the first movie. Expand
  74. Jun 21, 2013
    I think out of all of the Iron Man movies, this was the best. This was a movie I would watch again tomorrow. Everything was good. The acting was good and the scenes were all good.
    The action was right up there to where you kept in your seat.
    I was never bored in the movie and I enjoyed the ending as you should.

We went and saw World War Z and that movie was not good at all. Iron man
    killed Brad Pitt. Expand
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie has the whole pack: comedy, action, plot, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it spreads too thin and a lot of it is felt forced (particularly the excessive jokes).
  76. Jun 23, 2013
    I found the acting really good and there were quite a lot of good action scenes. But the truth is its really disappointing. The trailer made it look so good. True Iron man fans will not like this movie and I do not recommend it to them. But if you're new to the series you might get a kick out of it.
  77. Jun 25, 2013
    i love iron man movies, but i feel they take these super movies and try to really go over the top with special effects trying to outdo the last one. There is no way in reality for a man to jump and a suit join to him, see it's nonsense, that's what spoils it. I think they could have made a better movie if it would have been a more simple one but smart.
  78. Jun 26, 2013
    As far as superhero movies go, the Iron Man franchise is up there. Iron man shows the world that you don't have to have been in a lab accident or bitten by a radioactive insect to be a super hero, but you will need several billion dollars!

As usual (and as you would expect), Robert Downey Jr is flawless in his portrayal of Tony Stark. Following the events of the Avengers movie, Downey
    Jr shows that stark is in fact human with his anxiety attacks and desperation to catch the bad guy. Great performances from Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle amplify the overall feel and viewer connectivity to the characters, and the casting of Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin is fantastic.

The plot is dynamic and doesn't feel as forced as the second movie did, although it is not quite up to the standard of the first. It is fast flowing as you would expect for a superhero movie and even has a twist or two throw in to catch you completely off guard. The action scenes are edge-of-seat stuff and it makes you feel for the characters when you need to. Its got all the humour that the previous movies have and then some, even making you laugh out loud when it wants you to.

In conclusion, one of the best superhero movies out there. Robert Downey Jr is one of the greatest casting choices to play a superhero and proves it yet again in this action packed and engaging movie.
  79. Jun 29, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was very complex movie, either to the first and second. Yet, it was one of the best in the sequel. Even though the battle was not that epic styled but it was one of the best.
  80. Jul 2, 2013
    I wanted to like this movie more and there was nothing really that wrong with it, it even had a good surprise twist but overall it just could not compare to the previous 2. I think the over the top upgrades took away from the movie a bit as well.
  81. Jun 30, 2013
    I went to the cinema expecting a great supehero movie (like the first two films) and what I got was a comedy instead. Still a decent film, but I hope they get rid of at least 50% of the humor for the next Iron Man.
  82. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was my most anticipated movie of 2013 and i have to say, it was a bit disappointing. The man in the iron suit is back for the third installment of this franchise, but is his return a victorious one or was it disappointing? For me, it wasn't victorious as I thought it would be, because this movie has a lot of problems. The poor use of the Extremis storyline was downfall for this film, their was no need for this storyline, they couldv'e just focused on the conflict between on Iron Man and Mandarin. Mandarin is my favorite villain from the Iron man comics and I was really excited on how were they going to present him, in this movie they had a twist about the mandarin's true identity, that twist was my biggest gripe for this movie, they revealed that mandarin was just an actor and guy pierce's character was the real one. I thought that they were just joking, I did not expect them to go on that direction, they shouldv'e just avoided that twist and just stayed true to the comics. The acting in this movie was fantastic, all of them did a good job, especially Robert Downey Jr. and the effexts looked great. This movie was not epic and dramatic as I thought it would be, because if you watched the trailers, then you know what I am talking about. Iron Man 3 was still a fun and good movie, the movie was nice start for Marvel's phase 2 and I am excited for their other movies, also hope that this will not be the last time that we'll see about Iron Man 3. I am going to give Iron Man 3 an 8/10. Expand
  83. Jul 4, 2013
    After the "Avengers", "Iron Man 3" can be seen as a step down, but is still engaging and fun to watch. With dazzling visual effects, it can sometimes mask the fact that its storyline isn't as well written as the first.
  84. Jul 9, 2013
    While Iron Man 3 is a vast improvement over Iron Man 2, it still doesn't reach that level of enjoyment that the first film did. That doesn't mean it is a bad film, however, far from it. Its action, while scarcely present throughout that middle act, is very solid and the climactic final battle is more than satisfying. Robert Downey Jr. is still flawlessly cast as Tony Stark and he doesn't disappoint in this installment. The humor still shines and it is well executed by Shane Black.

It's a great summer blockbuster for the family. if you're a Marvel fan, this film should satisfy your hunger for fun comic book entertainment. If you are looking for a deeper, more serious installment to Tony Stark's story arc, you may be a tad disappointed. No matter what, Iron Man 3 flies high!
  85. Sep 26, 2013
    After two iterations of the series and the Avengers collective effort, most of us who have paid attention thus far more or less knew what to expect from Iron Man 3. Namely, outstanding special effects coupled with heavy doses of Robert Downey Jr's sarcastic one-liners and playful interactions with his supporting cast. Here, Iron Man 3 does not disappoint. However, after so many examples of Tony Stark and his exploits to draw from, this particular batch seems stale in comparison.

I cannot find fault in the plot, despite my lack of comic-book knowledge and the incredible amount of animosity that crowd has towards the inconsistencies and utter lack of translation taking place between particular characters and events. Things unfold at a rapid pace, and even though you have a good feeling regarding how things will all turn out favoring Stark, there are moments where the film remembers (as the original Iron Man did) to remind the audience of his humanity. The standard cast of supporting actors returns, but Ben Kingsley adds some truly unexpected...things...to the film. No spoilers here, I assure you, but his presence is appreciated by this viewer.

So, what's to blame for the disappointment? Simple comparison, of course, and its unavoidable after four films based solely (or largely) on Stark/Iron Man. It entertains, but it also leaves a sour taste in the mouth. The closing line of the credits, "Tony Stark Will Return", is about a 50/50 proposition; we all know the Avengers 2 is coming, but Iron Man 4? Something tells me this is as far as they can (or should) take the series. Something also tells me they won't stop, and continuing to cast the light on Iron Man may end up making the entire franchise (which has been mostly stellar, in my opinion) poorer for it.
  86. Jul 14, 2013
    Great movie. In my Digital Fine Arts class a discussion about why Tony Stark and Iron Man weren't separate characters. I disagreed with a Theater Major Stating that The story isn't really about Iron Man It was about Starks hobbies and job interfering with his Relationship with Pepper. Tony Stark isn't Iron man until he puts the suit on. It was embarrassing that a college theater major wouldn't understand what a mask was!
    Director did a good job contrasting each relationship. Who is Superman P
  87. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a much, much better movie than that miserable Iron man 2. The pacing is better, the humor is more even, and there's more action and tension. Even with that much praise, Iron Man 3 is still not a great movie. Its plagued by a few underdeveloped characters, predictable plot points and some lame attempts at humor. Throughout this whole movie you just don't feel the sense of wonder that was carried in the Avengers and the original Iron man. The movie is lacking a clear threatening villain, which takes away some of the tension. Alone this movie is pretty solid, up against other films like Thor and Iron Man 2, it really stands out, but with much better movies like Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers, and the Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3 is a solid blockbuster that will make a killing in sales but will be forgotten in about a year. Expand
  88. Jul 25, 2013
    Iron Man 3 tries very hard to break the traditional superhero film mold, but doesn't quite succeed. That isn't to mean it's not a decently enjoyable time however. The film succeeds mostly to another fantastic performance given by Robert Downey. The biggest issue Iron Man 3 has is its fluctuating tonality. The mixture between seriousness and comedy isn't well blended. In fact, the way a scene can try to inspire a sense of gravitas, and then cut quickly to a joke is quite jarring. Some things are treated more like a cheap gag rather than a serious character twist. Nevertheless, the film does have a few interesting concepts, and the actors give their all. It's overall a decently good time at the cinema, even if it's lacking compared to the first film. Expand
  89. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined
    with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  90. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. kinda a letdown horrible humor twist was good but Aldrich Killian was a crappy villain except for his unique plan RDJ is amazing but the nonstop jokes and no real drama kinda makes this not as good as the 1st but a bit better than the 2nd Expand
  91. Aug 3, 2013
    After The Avengers, it be comes difficult for Marvel to top such a success, fortunately Iron Man 3 delivers with a heavy blow and all the same genius that made its predecessors so great, even improving upon the last Iron Man.
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the many who was disappointed in the mandarin plot twist. What I am most disappointed in is the fact that they cant use him as an enemy of the avengers. He would have been a good one. But back to Iron Man. The movie's action was awesome. It's humor was done appropriately and well (like all Marvel films). All of the good guys were well developed and didn't stray too far from character. I wasn't the huge fan of the ending. Mainly the part where he threw the arc reactor, that was in his chest, in the ocean. It didn't have anything to do with the plot or Stark's self conflict and felt it was thrown in. Overall good flick. Still a fan of Iron Man and will be disappointed if Downey Jr quits Tony. Expand
  93. Aug 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 would be an OK one. The movie can expect mixed reaction. Still there are some place it could be improved. As the trailer was really good. It was not like I was expected. But enjoyable watching.
  94. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  95. Aug 15, 2013
    Here’s another, critic wise, underappreciated movie. I won't link a trailer because I don't condone advertising pizza with pictures of ice cream. Seriously, don't expect the movie to take after the tone of the preview stuff.

THE PLAYERS

Happy Hogan He's the Jar-Jar of the Marvel Universe, with an uncontrollable badge fetish. He also survives a 3000 degree heat blast by ducking in
    front of a desk in a mall.
    Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) is in there somewhere also, but she gets surprisingly little to do for the amount of screen time she gets. Her banter with Tony -who's again excellently played by RDJ- are good and that's kind of it. Oh, and he's basically half naked in the 2nd half of the movie.
    Iron Man's other partner and best friend, James "Rhodey" Rhodes, finally gets to show us that there's a badass under and without that grey iron suit. Don Cheadle should legally change his name to Still Not Terrence Howard ".
    Aldrich Killian. If spelling Cillian with a K doesn't give away that he's evil, the combed back hair and being played by Guy Pearce will. He's also the man behind the Extremis soldiers (super-powered men at day, ticking timebombs come night time).
    Ben Kingsley Dude can A-R-T-I-C-U-L-A-T-E and act ).
    And Robert Downey has a scene or two in here. He's snarky, talks fast and acts cool. After that he even tries to act. So he's great.

Play-by-Play

Where's Iron Man ?

No time for a house party. After Happy's long awaited coma time, Tony Stark takes matters into his own hands and informs the good people of his home address. So when enemy choppers trash his place why is did he act surprised and why wasn't he prepared with more than a prototype which can barely fly? If only he had a contingency plan Never mind, he took out a helicopter with a piano.Talk about a well orchestrated move. This is the only scene with Iron Man action in the first hour.

Side story with discount Macaulay Culkin. The child actor playing the kid is actually good and their moments together -for the most part- feel sincere ,but there’sa noticeable lack of Iron Man presence. At least we get to see Tony defeats an Extremis soldier with raw brain power (and a microwave).

PTSD BS. Tony is shown having panic attacks in the first half of the movie and freaks out when talking to children or driving. But when the time comes to blow everything up, he's cool. Because being MacGyver cures mental disorders.(The movie says so.)
    Spoiler! The "Mandarin" pulls a reverse Keyser Soze. I sincerely feel torn about this one. It's hilarious, because of the clever setup and execution, yet the decision itself to do this can be questionable. Also, every time this scene gets mentioned, a die hard comic nerd gets a stroke.Personally I learned to really like and appreciate the ingenuity as well as the delivery of it.

Fights, camera, action !

Some Hulk-proof barn doors can be found in America. Stopping indestructible propulsor-accelerated metal is what small town people are prepared for. At the same time, one of the most creative movie shootouts in recent memory is its result.
    Fool Pepper once, shame on her, fool me twice you brilliant motherf*cker. That prototype armor is good for something after all.
    The Iron Patriot. All I could hear when it was on screen was the Team America theme.But the movie also makes fun of it, so kudos to Shane Black, again. Then in the climax of the movie, a character is put into it. The suit clearly wasn't functioning at the time.After Rhodey having reclaimed it, he could fly away instantly. Also, he didn't quite bother to hurry back to help his friend fight against a compact army of Extremis soldiers.
    The end fight. Besides the dialogue being too joky for a life and death battle, this is on par with the best Marvel could offer. The lead-up wasn't perfectly logical with Tony and Rhodey sneaking into the villains hideout on foot, risking getting captured or killed, so that Shane Black gets to do 3 minutes of Lethal Weapon )

Clean slate.SPOILER for the ending It was a very grand and symbolic character moment and all, but the whole plot of the movie was an indicator for why the world needs Iron Man -and why Tony needs replacement suits-.

All in all, Shane Black ironed out most of the kinks that lead led to the fall of Iron Man 2, delivered on a very entertaining piece of cinema and made continuity fanboys throw out their Arc Reactor themed shirts. It's certainly up there with the first Iron Man while being unique compared to every other Marvel movie in terms of structure and execution. The. dialogue is witty, the action is entertaining and clever twists happen.

Note to Marvel After credits scenes are tedious at best. Not unlike this post review remark..

Just let it go.
  96. Aug 19, 2013
    I loved it! Iron Man 3 wiped the floor with the disappointment of Iron Man 2. Unlike the other films of the Marvel Universe Iron Man did take have a darker feel to the film in comparison to the others in the film series. Although I was a little let down as the trailer suggested that the film would be more about Tony Stark’s psychological state after his fall from deep space in The Avengers. So when the only real event that was carried on from Avengers (par the world knowing about aliens and the Avengers) was the idea that Tony Stark has now become an insomniac, presumably over the shock and stress of the Avengers, I felt that Marvel had let me down.

However, despite Marvel not taking the move I would of done with this film they still made a pretty epic movie. Iron Man continues to pull it’s quirky humor with yet another great performance from Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man sticks to its high explosive themes and great slapstick humor moments.

I love the Iron Man series, so when I saw just how dark it was I was very impressed the Mandarin had such great screen presence I was almost taken aback by the way that Ben Kingsley had over his scenes was mind-blowing. The use of editing in the Mandarin take over videos was mesmerizing, I loved the change to hand held cameras and the camera effects to drop the quality to make the events more realistic just encapsulated the audience. It was truly a great piece of editing.

Despite all the upsides of this film I do believe that it does get a bit tacky towards the end, I will not elaborate because of spoilers but I thought it dropped in quality from the rest of the film in the last 20 or so minutes. Despite this I promise to every fan of the Marvel Universe and even to those who aren’t all that keen but enjoy light-hearted humor which comes with an Iron Man film, or simply anyone who enjoys a Superhero movie. The film contains exciting twists, turns and impressive visuals then you will enjoy this film.

In hindsight i think this film is a very enjoyable experience which I could easily watch over and over again. I would recommend the film, and when I look back at I remember the community spirit of a cinema all laughing together at once (first time I have experienced that since The Inbetweeners Movie). The film isn’t one that will make you think and change your life but it’s one which could cheer you up with its humor and make a night twice more enjoyable. I would recommend this film to all, I hope you have fun with it.
  97. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IM3 was a jumbled mess that screwed canon like a in heat. The writers clearly had no idea what the hell they were doing, turning Iron Man's deadliest villian into a bubbling comic-relief (and turning Ben Kingsley from the best villian to the worst in one HORRID scene I might add), completely raped the Extremis plot and left it dead in a ditch, and ONCE AGAIN completely ignored War Machine for the vast majority of the film (a war crime in and of itself). This was a waste of time, money, and 2 hours of my life, and I personally want it back NOW! I don't much care how much money this film made, it was mostly seen by your general public (i.e. people who had no real idea what they were watching and more interested in a action flick than a real comic book film). A crime was committed here. Murder of a (before this abomination) great film series. R.I.P. Iron Man, you made Robert Downey Jr. a very rich man, and nothing more. I hope you are proud of yourself. just sayin.... Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2013
    An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor.
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible
    predicted scenes and terrible acting. Expand
  100. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.