6.4

1. Aug 24, 2014
    Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The
    story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
  2. Aug 11, 2014
    This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
  3. Aug 9, 2014
    Not bad for an "Iron Man" film, but a bit pointless. What is the purpose of this film anyway? To simply catch the eye and make you laugh? A great disappointment should you think about "The Avengers". What "Iron Man" lacks is a message to its audience, that other films deliver, but, in any case, every film in the MCU has its own unique style, and this the "Iron Man" style. Enjoyable, but far from decent action flick. Expand
  4. Aug 8, 2014
    My least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot more character driven than previous films, which is by no means a problem but with the lack of underdeveloped villains, it really does not balance it out.
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined
    with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  6. Jul 8, 2014
    definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
  7. Jun 11, 2014
    Well, "Iron Man 3" isn't fresh as the first movie, but still the film delivers exciting story, cinematic action sequences and awesome performances due to it's outstanding cast.
  8. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH . . . no. No, Shane Black and Robert Downey, I didn't find this 130-minute over budget inside joke between you two hilarious. No, I did not find Downey's excessive jazz hands in order to summon his armor hilarious. Were those really necessary or some signal towards the so-called illuminati? Either way, you looked like you were speaking in sign language to your boyfriend Shane. No, I did not appreciate Downey attempting to turn this film into Iron Man: Tropic Thunder. The only good thing about this film was the "House Party" protocol. Otherwise, shane and robert went full retard on this one. Expand
  9. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  10. May 4, 2014
    Iron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. Sorry Tony, maybe your solo film days are done...
  11. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally, I said this movie was "awesome", completely ignoring the fact that it disappointed all the true to heart fans when it came out. Looking at it now, I can see the mediocrity in it. First off, SPOILER WARNING!
    I will be going through this film beginning to end, both from the eyes of me and a major fan boy. Iron man 2 was one of the BIGGEST disappointments from marvel I've seen yet, and I think a comic fan boy could agree. I want to go over why Iron Man 2 sucked so damn much, but this is NOT a review for that movie so lets get on with this crap. First off, the Mandarin is not really the Mandarin. Now, through my perspective, as someone who hasn't really read any of the comics, I don't care! But from a fan boy's perspective this was another total shame on marvel's part, I mean they are damned marvel after all, so why would they do this to us? The mandarin is later revealed to be some asshat with some type of flame power, who... wants revenge after Tony ditched him years ago? WHAT?!? To be honest I kinda liked tony's new powers, and while I didn't like the newcomer in the 2nd film, I felt my blood rush a little when the president was forced into the suit, to the fans, once again I can see the facepalm induced by this from the original fan boys. As for Stan Lee's cameo... :D if there's ONE thing I love about the Marvel movies its seeing a silly good ol' cameo from Stan Lee. The trailers made it look like this movie was going to be all about protecting Pepper or whatever her name is (at least from my perspective), and what did I find out about this when I actually saw it? It had nearly nothing to do about protecting her!
    Here are some serious grudges I had with this entry 1) Less of iron man, more like regular man
    2) before the suit could stay on for hours, why it can run out of batteries in this entree way before it did in its predecessors... I DON'T KNOW. 3) Tony loses his heart-thing in the end and 4) in the VERY end of the film Tony says something like "...I am iron man", even though he loses his powers, and while this is a nice ending line, it leaves little confusion to whether a 4th iron man will be made.

MY FINAL SCORE IS: 5 out of 10
    THE FANBOY'S SCORE: 3.9 out of 10

PROS
    -Nice action scenes
    -Still a little better than iron man 2

CONS
    -Stays the hell away from the comic books that formed the story of iron man
    -No real mandarin.. THIS WAS TONYS WORST ENEMY!
    -Less iron man, more regular man
    -Leaves some confusion on ending line
  12. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  13. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is another fantastic film from Marvel Studios, It's a good way to end the trilogy. The original Iron Man movie is great, Iron Man 2 was not that great, The Avengers was revolutionary and this is also great. Overall it had some great action and some good story elements in it. I really wish people would not be so hateful to this movie just because of how much they hated that plot twist with the Mandarin, even though I didn't care, I mean I guess it was pretty stupid but I am not going to judge the movie by that one point. That wasn't even the worst part about this movie, I say probably the worst thing in this film is the fact that this felt more like "Tony Stark: The Movie" than a new Iron Man movie, I mean why not have more Iron Man in it. However the story was still good and it even has a bit of funny and enjoyable moments. If you can survive that plot twist that insulted many Comic Book fans, I think you will enjoy this movie. Expand
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    If your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. Surprisingly no one actor feels better than the other, creating a strong realism, especially in dramatic scenes. Like most Marvel movies the action is amazing and varied. One scene you'll see Tony without his suit, fighting super powered beings using only his intellect, and the next you'll see a pulse pounding air born rescue. However, the biggest thing I like about the action is how much there is. There's not to little ( like in Superman Returns ) and there's not to much ( like in Revenge of the Sith ). This leaves room for a fantastic story... That is until it hits the half way mark. The film brings in a twist, that it thinks is so clever, but just end up being stupid, and a slap in the face to all comic fans! This poor choice gets rid of an awesome, dark villain, The Mandarin, and replaces him with a poorly written villain that's generic as hell! Then when the story gets back on track, it introduces an awful ending that feels so rushed. In addition to this, this film has so many mistakes it's almost laughable! And its a shame because Shane Black's directing talent really shows. The camera feels organic and never out of place. If the fanboy inside of me was reviewing this, I would give it a 0. But because it's such a good film in its own right, I can't do that. Expand
  16. Feb 3, 2014
    电影充满故事和幽默,但导演将基调弄得黑暗又和这种幽默格格不入,其它水准把握还算不错,特效不错,最后得大战控制得不够到位,反派的设定很不讨喜,令人失望。
  17. Feb 1, 2014
    La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película.
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the
    moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
  20. Jan 12, 2014
    After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
  21. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  22. Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
  23. Jan 6, 2014
    Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  25. Dec 31, 2013
    Just overly not what I'm looking for out of a Marvel movie and I was really let down with the plot of this one. It felt extremely rushed and that no focus was put on this movie.
  26. Dec 29, 2013
    If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the best of the franchise, due largely in part to an unforgettable twist about halfway through, and a finale that is spectacular in every sense of the word.
  28. Dec 22, 2013
    Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one, but no like the first one. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
  30. Dec 21, 2013
    Almost perfect.Although I didn't like the ending, because it looks like there won't be Iron Man 4 :(
    Otherwise it's a nice movie, with great cast and super, astonishing visual and sound effects.
  31. Dec 17, 2013
    This trilogy of Iron Man is great, the last and recent Iron Man movie was not as good as the first two, it has nice special affects (as usual) and also is well created but the whole point is that the movie did not need to be made it was just a finale of the first two, but overall it was a decent movie.
  32. Dec 15, 2013
    It's unpleasant, irritating, has ridiculous moments. I feel like I had spit in her face, I cheated with the entry. That bastard sos Disney. Bastards people!
  33. Dec 10, 2013
    Lousy movie, it will fall with such a silly little comedy and ridiculous that I was ashamed, and the decision has no forgiveness Mandarin. It is truly a waste.
  34. Dec 10, 2013
    Terriblemente mala, terriblemente ridícula, una decepción total. Lo del mandarin fue lamentable pero en lo principal del por que es mala es por un exceso de comedia impresionante.
  35. Dec 8, 2013
    Lousy god, humorously goofy child. Slowly destroying the movie goes and turns in the show Tony Stark. Well this movie is extremely bad, rubbish and certainly the worst of the 3.
  36. Nov 29, 2013
    That movie so bad, not only the choice of Mandarin, but the whole movie is a mess, is ridiculous and stupid moments with silly humor unfunny. This between 5 Worst Movies of 2013.
  37. Nov 28, 2013
    Best one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" then save your bucks and take a film appreciation class and go see some 'real' film. Expand
  38. Nov 28, 2013
    A light, kid-friendly adaptation, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted plot twist at the end.
  39. Nov 27, 2013
    This a far superior sequel to Iron Man 2. This film is reminiscent of action films from the 1980s and 90s, with its Lethal Weapon 2 like ending and originality of interpreting characters from the original comic book source.
  40. Nov 23, 2013
    Meh. This movie started good, I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't. The first hour or so was really interesting, i liked Tony Starks panic attacks. Then, the second part..... They over did the humor and ruined the movie.
  41. Nov 20, 2013
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3**

* The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it
    feels like eating a dark chocolate with fruits on it The screen play focus in such way that the characters are not misplaced in any events .Each and every characters were essential in this movie to their correct attributes If they are not given those things confusion and mistakes takes place. The story revolves around tony stark the hero of this film .His lead is one of the factor that drive this movie entertaining .His character displays an amount of performance and charm which exceeds the performance of others characters .The entire credit goes to Robert Downey Jr he is a remarkable actor with such an excellent performance in full filling his role with out leaving any mark Not only lead character is good but also other characters such as Colonel James Rhodes, Maya Hansen & Pepper Potts they given such a delightful performance in full filling their role. Also characters regarding Aldrich Killian & The Mandarin these characters were well developed and very well performed by Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley they were remarkable in their respective roles Director and screenplay writer shane black did wonderful performance in screen play and also in character development *Action sequence and visual effects are fantastic. *Overall this film is excellent its sparkles with humor & excitement with all possible fireworks !.

Iron Man 3 :*******

(7/10) Stars
  42. Nov 19, 2013
    Mediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massive terrorist threat to the world with Extremis and other programs? Why didnt Stark call SHIELD or anyone else, like Cap, for help during the movie?

And
    it drags on and on in the middle as Tony spends faaar too much time outside the suit. I didnt mind the plot twist with the villain though the ending was completely moronic. There was no reason to destroy all of his suits when he's just gonna rebuild them for Avengers 2. Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2013
    so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
    and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
    and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ?
    and you have a
    terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
    and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
    just stop this series already.
  45. Nov 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a excellent movie. Its darker than previous movie. Robert Downey Jr. is as charismatic as ever. Special effects are higher than previous film.
  46. Nov 10, 2013
    An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor.
  47. Nov 10, 2013
    A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible
    predicted scenes and terrible acting. Expand
  48. Nov 9, 2013
    Iron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. I have a feeling Disney is interfering too much in the production process now. I hope this does not carry over to the upcoming Star Wars movies or I will not be watching those as well.

We need character depth and devolpement. Fast paced action is for Michael Bay teeny bopper fans. Blah. Waste of money.
  49. Nov 9, 2013
    Watching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that the Mandarin wasn't "real but even with all of Tony's suits, I still feel as if there wasn't enough Iron Man action. The jokes and comedy were OK. For me this is a sad and frustrating over-rated film. I also thought the ending was stupid. Seriously, Pepper (looking weird in only a bra and yoga pants, and glowing red) defeats the Killian?

If you like this review, read my other work on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and videogames and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  50. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie has the whole pack: comedy, action, plot, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it spreads too thin and a lot of it is felt forced (particularly the excessive jokes).
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the many who was disappointed in the mandarin plot twist. What I am most disappointed in is the fact that they cant use him as an enemy of the avengers. He would have been a good one. But back to Iron Man. The movie's action was awesome. It's humor was done appropriately and well (like all Marvel films). All of the good guys were well developed and didn't stray too far from character. I wasn't the huge fan of the ending. Mainly the part where he threw the arc reactor, that was in his chest, in the ocean. It didn't have anything to do with the plot or Stark's self conflict and felt it was thrown in. Overall good flick. Still a fan of Iron Man and will be disappointed if Downey Jr quits Tony. Expand
  52. Nov 4, 2013
    Perhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have as much playboy antics as its predecessors.
  53. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman 2 was an entertaining movie that failed to live up to its predecessor. Ironman 3 is a slap to the face. Most of the movie chronicles the adventures of Tony Stark, who has set aside his intellect and technological mastery in favor of idiocy and laughable ineptness. What was once an invincible piece of machinery becomes a joke, continuously malfunctioning, and being destroyed by anything that touches it. But that's just the parts where Stark is actually IN a suit. For most of the movie, typically for no good reason, Tony Stark is running around with a handgun. This is like watching a spiderman movie where he only shoots web in one scene. Or a Superman movie where he doesn't fly. The "amazing plot twist" was easy to see coming, and left us with a villain who is entirely bland. Pepper Potts steals the show by beinf better at using Ironman's armor than Ironman himself. The president is caged up in War Machine's armor for reasons never revealed. And Tonys decides the best way to fight a man made of magma is a fistfight. Its not until pepper gets the suit that she decides to fire a missle and easily defeat the big bad guy. Are you kidding me? Expand
  54. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. kinda a letdown horrible humor twist was good but Aldrich Killian was a crappy villain except for his unique plan RDJ is amazing but the nonstop jokes and no real drama kinda makes this not as good as the 1st but a bit better than the 2nd Expand
  55. Oct 27, 2013
    the best iron man movie and also one of the best movies of the year...... every inches of the movie is enjoyable, breathtaking and thrilling. the twists in the story are awesome. i don't know why a few people don't like the movie!!!!!!!!!
  56. Oct 19, 2013
    This is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. I mean this is just stupid. Iron Man sucks! marvel is going down the drain. Expand
  57. Oct 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never before have I felt so cheated by a movie like Iron Man 3. The film is a colossal failure in my books and could arguably be my worst superhero movie of all time; that doesn't mean to say it isn't good in some parts.

SPOILERS

The first act itself is a great piece of cinema and gave what the trailer promised; easily the best part of the movie. It showed a much more stellar and well paced point in the movie that I myself actually applauded at, especially the scene where the helicopters blow up the house; but even the first act had flaws. For example, WHY DID HE GIVE THE MANDARIN HIS HOME ADDRESS??!! or how about WHY DOESN'T HE ACTIVATE THE 40 OTHER IRON MAN SUITS THAT ARE IN HIS BASEMENT WHEN THE HOUSE IS BEING ATTACKED??!! GOD!!!! But I digress, the first act was fantastic and really stood out to me promising more as the film went on.

And then it started to deteriorate with the second act, and who do I blame for this? That god damn kid! He had no other involvement in the second act other than to anger me to my boiling point! I know that Shane Black probably wanted a more child atmosphere to it but you didn't have to make him that annoying. All he does is piss Tony off, causes him an anxiety attack and then gets captured....WHAT?! This kid was one of the major hiccups in the film.

However, the biggest hiccup was the Mandarin himself; yeah you all knew I'd mention this. The Mandarin was the biggest and best feature about the trailers that were shown, he looked menacing, he looked frightening! This to me screamed: MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Sure his alien rings were gone but he still became a threat in the story and you could sense his presence. And then you get to his mansion and you meet him and......who the f*ck is this? The Mandarin was a phony! He was an actor! BEN KINGSLEY WAS PLAYING HIMSELF IN THIS MOVIE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL, SHANE BLACK???!!! This made me infuriated that if my girlfriend wasn't with me at the time, I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE THEATER!!! What was he thinking, did he just wake up one day and say: "I don't care about The Mandarin now, let's make him into A GOD DAMN JOKE!!" For me this is what ruined the movie for me, it was just so ridiculous and so insulting to any comic book fan who had detailed knowledge of the character.

And speaking of insults, the ending is just ridiculous. To sum it up in short words: Killian is the "Mandarin", Pepper kills Killian, Tony explodes all the Iron Man suits and gets the shrapnel out of his heart claiming he is a "changed man". That is the worst ending ever....THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!

To sum it up in one word I would say "MESS", it is downright insulting to the comics, it's characters are bland at most points, it's development is pathetic and I hate it. The only good points that deserve the 2 points go to 2 separate things.
    1. The acting is spot on and Robert Downey Jr nails it as Stark much like he has done in the past films. There is not one actor who is off in this film and that is fantastic to see.
    And 2. The first act is mind blowing, it's what the trailers showed and that's what made me gravitate towards the film at first, even if it has flaws now and again. Truly great cinematography.

But is this film worth watching? I'd say yes, it's still an Iron Man movie and every movie with Iron Man in is usually a blast to sit through. It doesn't save it from my experience but maybe you'll find something better in that steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Pros:
    +Acting is great
    +Downey Jr nails it
    +First act of movie is amazing!

Cons:
    -THE MANDARIN TWIST
    -Act 2 and 3
    -Insulting and badly paced as the movie went on

VERDICT
  58. Oct 16, 2013
    it is the biggest disappointment of a movie superheroes marvel,I can even have a little fun but still they do not take the film too seriously,too bad for marvel
  59. Oct 14, 2013
    Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
  60. Oct 12, 2013
    Unfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written be to many different people with conflicting ideas, and was a product of that. I still have high hopes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like the beginning of the end for me as a fan of this series. Expand
  61. Oct 10, 2013
    A bit boring if you ask me, Iron Man 1 was amazing, Iron Man 2 was good and Iron Man 3 starts to feel like a money making racket. That being said, in isolation the film is worth a watch and is a nice superhero romp with lots of shiny special effects that manages to entertain. 7/10
  62. Oct 8, 2013
    This is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took the Extremis story arc to appeal to a mass audience. It just made more sense. The blu-ray is packed with your typical blu-ray extras so no surprise there. Bottomline: a must see and own for even mild super hero movie fans. Expand
  63. Oct 6, 2013
    I was sadly disappointed by Iron Man 3. Maybe because I was expecting too much out of it. I didn't get as much Tony sass I as hoped for. I just felt like it was missing something along the way. I did still enjoy Iron Man 3. I liked how it tied back to The Avengers. I could have been much better, but it still could have been worse.
  64. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a movie watcher, I enjoyed Iron Man 3. It is action packed, it's pretty, RDJ as Iron Man/Tony Stark is as always one of the best casting decisions for any comic book adaptation ever.

But as a fan of the comic books, I feel disgusted and betrayed. The Mandarin, and Extremis- two of the best things to ever happen in the Iron Man universe- aren't even shadows of what they were in the comics. They're completely unrelated to their comic book source material, in fact. Ugh. I held off watching the movie, avoided seeing it in theaters, because I knew the Mandarin couldn't be handled properly in our politically correct world, and I disliked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Even though the trailer seemed to imply he'd be imposing and bring to the role his usual mastery.

The trailer was an outright lie. This movie took THE Iron Man villain, and made him a fraud. It showed the ten rings, for all of a second, and they turned out to be props. So awful. So disgusted, I want not just my money back, I want my time back. The Mandarin was one of Iron Man's most formidable enemies, and this movie made him a fake, played by "a stage actor" who's got a British accent and a recreational drug problem. REALLY?!?!

And Extremis. Let's talk about Extremis, one of my all time favorite story arcs and I have literally read almost all of them. This movie was written by someone who'd heard the word and thought it was a good idea. Aside from the fact that Extremis is unstable and can aid regeneration, nothing from the original masterpiece storyline remains. So if you watched Iron Man 3 looking forward to seeing the Mandarin's ten rings and the suit of armor Tony built into himself, you're out of luck.

Despite the fact that those two things are what the words "Mandarin" and "Extremis" promise.

This is by far the worst mainstream comic book adaptation. I wanted to love it. I really did. If they had called the Mandarin literally ANYTHING else, it would not have altered the storyline one iota, and yet they had to use "Mandarin"? WHY?! Same goes for Extremis, for that matter. If the serum had been called it would not have altered the storyline one iota.

It's like Shane Black and the other mongoloids who are responsible for this storyline WANTED to piss off fans. It's like they specifically made these choices in the writing of this film to piss on the greatest Iron Man villain and one of the greatest Iron Man storylines of 50 YEARS of the character's history.

While writing this review I have gotten even more angry than I was already, and the score dropped from a 5 to a 0, because the more I think about it, the more I realize that there is no reason for this shameless butchering of canon. Pathetic attempt to sell a comic book movie by someone who has no love and no concern for the comic book. Bottom line if you're looking to enjoy an action movie with Iron man, watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 or the Avengers. Don't give Shane Black a dime of your money, and don't waste your time. I could pick apart why this movie doesn't deserve a solid rating, but the real reason boils down to the fact that the movie's creators pissed on their fans so thoroughly and shamelessly.
  65. Sep 30, 2013
    This movie was extremely mediocre. Tony seems somehow way less intelligent than what he used to be and they had to throw some annoying kid into the movie as well for no real reason. I't just left a bad taste in my mouth after watching the whole trilogy.
  66. BKM
    Sep 29, 2013
    The third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait for the next Avengers movie. Expand
  67. Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. terrible with blaring mistakes. the scene where tony meets the boy in his garage for the first time, the boy quickly realizes who tony is, showing him a newspaper saying that the world thinks he is dead. at the end of that scene the boy asks who he is. anyway the movie sucked. 1 out of 10, the 1 goes to Kingsly Expand
  68. Sep 27, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was more funny than action packed, their was hardly any scenes with iron man in them. It is a good movie but i felt that it could have been way better.
  69. Sep 26, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personality with this pointless anxiety quirck. The FX was stupid and seemed to be thrown in to patch the poorly written and conceived script. The Mandarin character could have neen developed into something great in the hands of a capable writer and director: instead it is willfully forgettable. Awful, awful awful from every perspective that made Iron Man 1 and 2 so great. I am sorry for the great talent in this film which was mismanaged. I wish I could have previewed it and not bought the blu ray, which I thankfully got at a big release discount, but I think anything over $2.99 for. The blu ray is a rip off. Expand
  70. Sep 26, 2013
    After two iterations of the series and the Avengers collective effort, most of us who have paid attention thus far more or less knew what to expect from Iron Man 3. Namely, outstanding special effects coupled with heavy doses of Robert Downey Jr's sarcastic one-liners and playful interactions with his supporting cast. Here, Iron Man 3 does not disappoint. However, after so many examples of Tony Stark and his exploits to draw from, this particular batch seems stale in comparison.

I cannot find fault in the plot, despite my lack of comic-book knowledge and the incredible amount of animosity that crowd has towards the inconsistencies and utter lack of translation taking place between particular characters and events. Things unfold at a rapid pace, and even though you have a good feeling regarding how things will all turn out favoring Stark, there are moments where the film remembers (as the original Iron Man did) to remind the audience of his humanity. The standard cast of supporting actors returns, but Ben Kingsley adds some truly unexpected...things...to the film. No spoilers here, I assure you, but his presence is appreciated by this viewer.

So, what's to blame for the disappointment? Simple comparison, of course, and its unavoidable after four films based solely (or largely) on Stark/Iron Man. It entertains, but it also leaves a sour taste in the mouth. The closing line of the credits, "Tony Stark Will Return", is about a 50/50 proposition; we all know the Avengers 2 is coming, but Iron Man 4? Something tells me this is as far as they can (or should) take the series. Something also tells me they won't stop, and continuing to cast the light on Iron Man may end up making the entire franchise (which has been mostly stellar, in my opinion) poorer for it.
  71. Sep 23, 2013
    My review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simple movies when it comes to the script, there´s no heart in the characters, the love interest is totally bland, no strong villains and I could go on. I did not mind the Mandarin surprise, that is not the reason why this movie is average. And no amount of hype, budged and big box office success can change that. So many comic book movies superior to this out there. Expand
  72. Sep 23, 2013
    The worst movie from Marvel Studios yet! What a cop out with the Mandarin. Never have I witnessed a movie in the theater where people were booing at the end instead of clapping.
  73. Sep 23, 2013
    The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.

Film contains too much action, no real emotions or anything.
  74. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3, the beginning of the Marvel Phase 2, and wow, the movie is extremely... disappointing. The story sounds great, but the problem is the development, is really terrible, all the movie has much comedy moments that are irritating (Disney? Maybe?), and yes, this problem comes from its predecesor "The Avengers", the 85% of the movie is comedy, the rest serious and pathetic moments. The cast is amazing, the problem is the poor evolution of the main characters in the 3 movies, much of the characters feel wasted, and finally the script, is really terrible, as I said previously the 85% of the movie is comedy. The only good of Iron Man 3 are the effects, are amazing, and the performance of Robert Downey Jr., the rest is terrible. Iron Man 3 is a big deception. Expand
  75. Sep 19, 2013
    I hate this movie is such a boring, overrated piece of ever made and the worst superhero film since Batman& Robin they ruined the mandarin who are suppose to be the greatest villains and the portrayed as idiots
  76. Sep 15, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is almost as good as the original, with an interesting story as well as a great script. It's a must-see summer action flick and a fun one, too.
  77. Sep 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is definately one of the strongest superhero sequels released on the Marvel universe. Not only it crosses the boundaries in general but it also remains it's freshness, which is rare for a sequel. It's so good, I don't even want to say that it's a big improvement over it's predecessor. It is indeed, but it's almost as if Iron Man 2 never existed, which is a great thing. As a huge fan of the original, I loved this one just as much as I loved the first one. The plot twist has divided some people, but overall I'm glad this movie was still praised by critics and audiences alike, which is something rare and spectacular due to the lukewarm reception of it's predecessor. It is the most serious of the franchise but also the funniest. As a personal story and as for comedic timing it strikes high on both of those aspects. Shane Black was able to step up this franchise for a more groudbreaking territory with its complex narrative and impressive action scenes that will remain in everyone's minds forever. Its cast still remains professional and seem to know their roles pretty well, even newcomers to this series Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce portray their roles with the required versitality. Expand
  78. Sep 6, 2013
    Good humor, good acting performances and the story is not the case so uninspired misfortune than most continuing. Relax and unwind spectacular actions, I have not looked up to 2 hours of film. I can only recommend.
  79. Sep 6, 2013
    I love the Iron Man film franchise, the previous films delivered childhood dreams for me and the 3rd film doesn't disappoint. There are a few things that they've done in this film that they shouldn't but it's still entertaining until the end.
    I have to say, I still prefer the assembly line suits in the previous films compared to the get in and go ones in this film but they did show the
    Extremis style suit very well.
    Hopefully in 3 days time, I'll have it on Blu-Ray.
    I highly recommend you buy the Invincible Iron man volume 1 hardcover just to see what the Extremis story arc really was about, look on Amazon.
  80. Sep 5, 2013
    Boring action, terrible screenplay. Another Disney/Marvel movie aimed at milking the audience money.
    This is not a movie by a long shot but some product made just to be watchable enough so people pay money.

Happy that I did not see that at theatres and I downloaded it by torrent. This movie absolutely did not deserve any money. I give it a 3/10 and not 1/10 because "some" Tony Starks
    lines were funny, because "Blue" of Eiffel 65 at start. Expand
  81. Sep 2, 2013
    Better than Iron man 2.Not as good as Iron Man 1.It doesnt has a lot of points that you lose your interest.I would like a more impresive Mandarine with strong magic powers like in the Comics Marvel Universe.Nice final battle throught.
  82. Sep 2, 2013
    Great acting and action scenes but wasn't as good as the trailers made it out to be. It was a over-hyped film but that doesn't mean it was a bad film.
  83. Aug 28, 2013
    Great movie. Most people are just pissed about the whole Mandarin thing, thus the low score. This is a great film and deserves higher points. Great humor and good pacing. Yes, there are some things in the plot that doesn't make sense, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. Enjoy it for what it is and don't overanalyse it.
  84. Aug 26, 2013
    I didn't like Iron Man 2, but 3 I love it.
    I hate sequels, I hate watching same characters, story. I thought it is another Iron Man same movie.
    but this movie is completely different movie what I was expecting, completely new different movie, ideas.
    That's what I love about it. Everything was great. Great villains, battle scenes.
    Robert Downey Jr. is great, just too perfect to be Iron
    Man.
    It really surprise me.
  85. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.0] In some ways it's my favorite Iron Man movie, and it's so much different from the first two. It has much more personality, but it doesn't take itself as seriously as I would have hoped.
  86. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IM3 was a jumbled mess that screwed canon like a in heat. The writers clearly had no idea what the hell they were doing, turning Iron Man's deadliest villian into a bubbling comic-relief (and turning Ben Kingsley from the best villian to the worst in one HORRID scene I might add), completely raped the Extremis plot and left it dead in a ditch, and ONCE AGAIN completely ignored War Machine for the vast majority of the film (a war crime in and of itself). This was a waste of time, money, and 2 hours of my life, and I personally want it back NOW! I don't much care how much money this film made, it was mostly seen by your general public (i.e. people who had no real idea what they were watching and more interested in a action flick than a real comic book film). A crime was committed here. Murder of a (before this abomination) great film series. R.I.P. Iron Man, you made Robert Downey Jr. a very rich man, and nothing more. I hope you are proud of yourself. just sayin.... Expand
  87. Aug 19, 2013
    I loved it! Iron Man 3 wiped the floor with the disappointment of Iron Man 2. Unlike the other films of the Marvel Universe Iron Man did take have a darker feel to the film in comparison to the others in the film series. Although I was a little let down as the trailer suggested that the film would be more about Tony Stark’s psychological state after his fall from deep space in The Avengers. So when the only real event that was carried on from Avengers (par the world knowing about aliens and the Avengers) was the idea that Tony Stark has now become an insomniac, presumably over the shock and stress of the Avengers, I felt that Marvel had let me down.

However, despite Marvel not taking the move I would of done with this film they still made a pretty epic movie. Iron Man continues to pull it’s quirky humor with yet another great performance from Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man sticks to its high explosive themes and great slapstick humor moments.

I love the Iron Man series, so when I saw just how dark it was I was very impressed the Mandarin had such great screen presence I was almost taken aback by the way that Ben Kingsley had over his scenes was mind-blowing. The use of editing in the Mandarin take over videos was mesmerizing, I loved the change to hand held cameras and the camera effects to drop the quality to make the events more realistic just encapsulated the audience. It was truly a great piece of editing.

Despite all the upsides of this film I do believe that it does get a bit tacky towards the end, I will not elaborate because of spoilers but I thought it dropped in quality from the rest of the film in the last 20 or so minutes. Despite this I promise to every fan of the Marvel Universe and even to those who aren’t all that keen but enjoy light-hearted humor which comes with an Iron Man film, or simply anyone who enjoys a Superhero movie. The film contains exciting twists, turns and impressive visuals then you will enjoy this film.

In hindsight i think this film is a very enjoyable experience which I could easily watch over and over again. I would recommend the film, and when I look back at I remember the community spirit of a cinema all laughing together at once (first time I have experienced that since The Inbetweeners Movie). The film isn’t one that will make you think and change your life but it’s one which could cheer you up with its humor and make a night twice more enjoyable. I would recommend this film to all, I hope you have fun with it.
  88. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had mixed feelings on Iron Man 3. I'll start off with the positives as I normally do with my reviews (unless there is no positives!). Firstly.....Robert Downey Jr is a number 1 badass as Iron Man!!! I like how he acts and how he is when it comes to being witty. He is almost the merc with the mouth (DEADPOOL MOVIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!). I also liked the action scenes which were packed full of explosions and smart gestures that made up a pleasant scene. However, there were a few negatives about this film that I have to mention. The second half of the film was just meh to me....I mean sure there was 'action' but it was all a bit slow moving and just made me shrug my shoulders. The ending frustrated me the most.....it to me just felt like he just gave up in the end and quit abruptly as being Iron Man. So to sum it up, Iron Man 3 is a pretty good film was some highs and lows. Expand
  89. Aug 15, 2013
    Here’s another, critic wise, underappreciated movie. I won't link a trailer because I don't condone advertising pizza with pictures of ice cream. Seriously, don't expect the movie to take after the tone of the preview stuff.

THE PLAYERS

Happy Hogan He's the Jar-Jar of the Marvel Universe, with an uncontrollable badge fetish. He also survives a 3000 degree heat blast by ducking in
    front of a desk in a mall.
    Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) is in there somewhere also, but she gets surprisingly little to do for the amount of screen time she gets. Her banter with Tony -who's again excellently played by RDJ- are good and that's kind of it. Oh, and he's basically half naked in the 2nd half of the movie.
    Iron Man's other partner and best friend, James "Rhodey" Rhodes, finally gets to show us that there's a badass under and without that grey iron suit. Don Cheadle should legally change his name to Still Not Terrence Howard ".
    Aldrich Killian. If spelling Cillian with a K doesn't give away that he's evil, the combed back hair and being played by Guy Pearce will. He's also the man behind the Extremis soldiers (super-powered men at day, ticking timebombs come night time).
    Ben Kingsley Dude can A-R-T-I-C-U-L-A-T-E and act ).
    And Robert Downey has a scene or two in here. He's snarky, talks fast and acts cool. After that he even tries to act. So he's great.

Play-by-Play

Where's Iron Man ?

No time for a house party. After Happy's long awaited coma time, Tony Stark takes matters into his own hands and informs the good people of his home address. So when enemy choppers trash his place why is did he act surprised and why wasn't he prepared with more than a prototype which can barely fly? If only he had a contingency plan Never mind, he took out a helicopter with a piano.Talk about a well orchestrated move. This is the only scene with Iron Man action in the first hour.

Side story with discount Macaulay Culkin. The child actor playing the kid is actually good and their moments together -for the most part- feel sincere ,but there’sa noticeable lack of Iron Man presence. At least we get to see Tony defeats an Extremis soldier with raw brain power (and a microwave).

PTSD BS. Tony is shown having panic attacks in the first half of the movie and freaks out when talking to children or driving. But when the time comes to blow everything up, he's cool. Because being MacGyver cures mental disorders.(The movie says so.)
    Spoiler! The "Mandarin" pulls a reverse Keyser Soze. I sincerely feel torn about this one. It's hilarious, because of the clever setup and execution, yet the decision itself to do this can be questionable. Also, every time this scene gets mentioned, a die hard comic nerd gets a stroke.Personally I learned to really like and appreciate the ingenuity as well as the delivery of it.

Fights, camera, action !

Some Hulk-proof barn doors can be found in America. Stopping indestructible propulsor-accelerated metal is what small town people are prepared for. At the same time, one of the most creative movie shootouts in recent memory is its result.
    Fool Pepper once, shame on her, fool me twice you brilliant motherf*cker. That prototype armor is good for something after all.
    The Iron Patriot. All I could hear when it was on screen was the Team America theme.But the movie also makes fun of it, so kudos to Shane Black, again. Then in the climax of the movie, a character is put into it. The suit clearly wasn't functioning at the time.After Rhodey having reclaimed it, he could fly away instantly. Also, he didn't quite bother to hurry back to help his friend fight against a compact army of Extremis soldiers.
    The end fight. Besides the dialogue being too joky for a life and death battle, this is on par with the best Marvel could offer. The lead-up wasn't perfectly logical with Tony and Rhodey sneaking into the villains hideout on foot, risking getting captured or killed, so that Shane Black gets to do 3 minutes of Lethal Weapon )

Clean slate.SPOILER for the ending It was a very grand and symbolic character moment and all, but the whole plot of the movie was an indicator for why the world needs Iron Man -and why Tony needs replacement suits-.

All in all, Shane Black ironed out most of the kinks that lead led to the fall of Iron Man 2, delivered on a very entertaining piece of cinema and made continuity fanboys throw out their Arc Reactor themed shirts. It's certainly up there with the first Iron Man while being unique compared to every other Marvel movie in terms of structure and execution. The. dialogue is witty, the action is entertaining and clever twists happen.

Note to Marvel After credits scenes are tedious at best. Not unlike this post review remark..

Just let it go.
  90. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a much, much better movie than that miserable Iron man 2. The pacing is better, the humor is more even, and there's more action and tension. Even with that much praise, Iron Man 3 is still not a great movie. Its plagued by a few underdeveloped characters, predictable plot points and some lame attempts at humor. Throughout this whole movie you just don't feel the sense of wonder that was carried in the Avengers and the original Iron man. The movie is lacking a clear threatening villain, which takes away some of the tension. Alone this movie is pretty solid, up against other films like Thor and Iron Man 2, it really stands out, but with much better movies like Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers, and the Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3 is a solid blockbuster that will make a killing in sales but will be forgotten in about a year. Expand
  91. Aug 10, 2013
    Iron Man 3 would be an OK one. The movie can expect mixed reaction. Still there are some place it could be improved. As the trailer was really good. It was not like I was expected. But enjoyable watching.
  92. Aug 3, 2013
    After The Avengers, it be comes difficult for Marvel to top such a success, fortunately Iron Man 3 delivers with a heavy blow and all the same genius that made its predecessors so great, even improving upon the last Iron Man.
  93. Jul 28, 2013
    The Irorn Man franchise is a huge franchise. You figured they'd be able to hire a good writer to give us a quality plot but sadly this is not the case. The plot is weak and rather predictable and it takes away from the film as a whole.

Absolutely hated the long run time. It really could have been a good 20-30 minutes shorter. All that unneeded filler during that time was sort of
    unneeded and it really hurt the film as a whole.

The action of the film is sort of disappointing as well. It's all flash with no real substance, Any on scene fight scenes generally range from a few seconds to a min (if that). It would have been nicer to see some more in-your-face fight scenes, Especially with Tony's (Iron Man) beef with the main villain.

The rest of the movie is pretty enjoyable. There is plenty of comedy through out, alright badly placed at times and it sort of throws off what should be key dramatic scenes. It's still enjoyable though and will get quite a few laughs from viewers. The acting is solid, no real complaints, I rather liked the additions of Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce as well.

Overall, I think the bits of comedy through out really save it but the long run time was a real killer for this movie.
  94. Jul 25, 2013
    Iron Man 3 tries very hard to break the traditional superhero film mold, but doesn't quite succeed. That isn't to mean it's not a decently enjoyable time however. The film succeeds mostly to another fantastic performance given by Robert Downey. The biggest issue Iron Man 3 has is its fluctuating tonality. The mixture between seriousness and comedy isn't well blended. In fact, the way a scene can try to inspire a sense of gravitas, and then cut quickly to a joke is quite jarring. Some things are treated more like a cheap gag rather than a serious character twist. Nevertheless, the film does have a few interesting concepts, and the actors give their all. It's overall a decently good time at the cinema, even if it's lacking compared to the first film. Expand
  95. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When this film started I was hooked! For the first half of the film I was at the edge of my seat. However then this kid showed up, he didn't ruin the film or anything but the film slightly dropped in quality but the dialogue was still great and Stark was on fire! But then Stark goes to take on 'the Mandarin'...*sigh*. When Kingsley walked out of the bathroom, my face sank. I was devastated, literally traumatized. I don't know who thought of this idea, but it is a terrible idea. Any comic book fan will be pissed watching this film. I don't even remember the rest it was so generic. Luckily I have fond memories of the fist half of the film, it really was great! But is you don't mind what happens to the Mandarin, you'll probably enjoy the film. Expand
  96. Jul 18, 2013
    To start off my review, I have to say if you haven't watched Iron Man the first of the three, watch that first. Otherwise you won't know what an Iron Man movie should look like, I would highly recommend Iron Man 1 over 3 or 2 any day. But Iron Man does have some good things... The destruction has always been a big part of Iron Man and in Iron Man 3 they still bring that back, I just felt the movie was so cheesy and there were really no characters to care about other than Tony Stark himself. Like I said before there are some good parts of the movie that I enjoyed, Tony Stark's humor is back and is still solid, the jokes were usually hit or miss but when they hit they were good. I recommend Iron Man 1 over and of the 2, as the second was mostly corny as well. I give this movie 6 only because of the humor, SFX, destruction and the opening 10-15 minutes were great. Otherwise I would stay away from this movie, and if you haven't seen the first one watch that! All the "reviewers" on this movie giving it a one have either a) based there opinion on just the one movie, not the trilogy b) based there review on how it did not follow the comic books which isn't a big deal c) have only wrote one review (spam). Otherwise I would recommend the movie to big action fans or fans of the series. Expand
  97. Jul 14, 2013
    Great movie. In my Digital Fine Arts class a discussion about why Tony Stark and Iron Man weren't separate characters. I disagreed with a Theater Major Stating that The story isn't really about Iron Man It was about Starks hobbies and job interfering with his Relationship with Pepper. Tony Stark isn't Iron man until he puts the suit on. It was embarrassing that a college theater major wouldn't understand what a mask was!
    Director did a good job contrasting each relationship. Who is Superman P
  98. Jul 13, 2013
    Decent. Was never a big Iron Man fan, but I like superhero movies. The trailer was very deceiving. Turned out to be nothing like I had expected. Had its moments though. I enjoyed it while in the theater, for the most part, but I don't ever imagine caring to see it again. I didn't particularly like the plot twist, or the main villain. To me, the twist turned the movie into a light-hearted action-comedy, and I was kind of hoping Iron Man would go out with a bang, with a darker plot (I'm assuming this was his last solo movie). But it wasn't enough to make me upset after seeing it. If I liked Iron Man more, I probably would have been really disappointed by this movie. Expand
  99. Jul 12, 2013
    The movie isn't as good as the first Iron Man but better than Iron Man 2. Iron Man 3 has less humor and less action and it didn't follow the footsteps of the comic book story line, which is kind of disappointing. But on the other hand, I was entertained enough in Iron Man 3 with the dazzling visuals and good twists.
  100. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie ...Eeesh, this movie.
    I'm just gonna say this at first.. I liked this movie.
    But the people down below giving this movie 0s and 1s are being fanboys, retards, and are completely talking out of their asses because they have NO IDEA what a REAL 0/10 movie is. Go see Titanic 2, Birdemic or the Room and come here saying this is a 0 you blind fanboys.
    As to the Mandarin twist. Who the hell cares? It's an okay twist that's bashed on and hated by blind fanboys that are WAY TOO mad that this movie isn't taken straight out of the comics without a single atom changing.
    The Mandarin twist could have been teased in better though. It felt really sudden and almost not backed up.
    If they had hinted it with some foreshadowing or maybe put in some random earlier things that wold have tied in when we found out.
    Now, one thing I DIDN'T like however, was that Pepper was the one to kill Killian/The Mandarin.
    Overall this is a great movie, go see it if you're not expecting it to be true to the comics at all.
    And don't mind the bad reviewers, most of them are just mad cause they didn't get their magician man.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.