6.4

1. Aug 11, 2014
    This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
  2. Aug 9, 2014
    Not bad for an "Iron Man" film, but a bit pointless. What is the purpose of this film anyway? To simply catch the eye and make you laugh? A great disappointment should you think about "The Avengers". What "Iron Man" lacks is a message to its audience, that other films deliver, but, in any case, every film in the MCU has its own unique style, and this the "Iron Man" style. Enjoyable, but far from decent action flick. Expand
  3. Aug 8, 2014
    My least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot more character driven than previous films, which is by no means a problem but with the lack of underdeveloped villains, it really does not balance it out.
  4. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined
    with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  5. Jul 8, 2014
    definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
  6. Jun 11, 2014
    Well, "Iron Man 3" isn't fresh as the first movie, but still the film delivers exciting story, cinematic action sequences and awesome performances due to it's outstanding cast.
  7. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH . . . no. No, Shane Black and Robert Downey, I didn't find this 130-minute over budget inside joke between you two hilarious. No, I did not find Downey's excessive jazz hands in order to summon his armor hilarious. Were those really necessary or some signal towards the so-called illuminati? Either way, you looked like you were speaking in sign language to your boyfriend Shane. No, I did not appreciate Downey attempting to turn this film into Iron Man: Tropic Thunder. The only good thing about this film was the "House Party" protocol. Otherwise, shane and robert went full retard on this one. Expand
  8. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  9. May 4, 2014
    Iron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. Sorry Tony, maybe your solo film days are done...
  10. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally, I said this movie was "awesome", completely ignoring the fact that it disappointed all the true to heart fans when it came out. Looking at it now, I can see the mediocrity in it. First off, SPOILER WARNING!
    I will be going through this film beginning to end, both from the eyes of me and a major fan boy. Iron man 2 was one of the BIGGEST disappointments from marvel I've seen yet, and I think a comic fan boy could agree. I want to go over why Iron Man 2 sucked so damn much, but this is NOT a review for that movie so lets get on with this crap. First off, the Mandarin is not really the Mandarin. Now, through my perspective, as someone who hasn't really read any of the comics, I don't care! But from a fan boy's perspective this was another total shame on marvel's part, I mean they are damned marvel after all, so why would they do this to us? The mandarin is later revealed to be some asshat with some type of flame power, who... wants revenge after Tony ditched him years ago? WHAT?!? To be honest I kinda liked tony's new powers, and while I didn't like the newcomer in the 2nd film, I felt my blood rush a little when the president was forced into the suit, to the fans, once again I can see the facepalm induced by this from the original fan boys. As for Stan Lee's cameo... :D if there's ONE thing I love about the Marvel movies its seeing a silly good ol' cameo from Stan Lee. The trailers made it look like this movie was going to be all about protecting Pepper or whatever her name is (at least from my perspective), and what did I find out about this when I actually saw it? It had nearly nothing to do about protecting her!
    Here are some serious grudges I had with this entry 1) Less of iron man, more like regular man
    2) before the suit could stay on for hours, why it can run out of batteries in this entree way before it did in its predecessors... I DON'T KNOW. 3) Tony loses his heart-thing in the end and 4) in the VERY end of the film Tony says something like "...I am iron man", even though he loses his powers, and while this is a nice ending line, it leaves little confusion to whether a 4th iron man will be made.

MY FINAL SCORE IS: 5 out of 10
    THE FANBOY'S SCORE: 3.9 out of 10

PROS
    -Nice action scenes
    -Still a little better than iron man 2

CONS
    -Stays the hell away from the comic books that formed the story of iron man
    -No real mandarin.. THIS WAS TONYS WORST ENEMY!
    -Less iron man, more regular man
    -Leaves some confusion on ending line
  11. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  12. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is another fantastic film from Marvel Studios, It's a good way to end the trilogy. The original Iron Man movie is great, Iron Man 2 was not that great, The Avengers was revolutionary and this is also great. Overall it had some great action and some good story elements in it. I really wish people would not be so hateful to this movie just because of how much they hated that plot twist with the Mandarin, even though I didn't care, I mean I guess it was pretty stupid but I am not going to judge the movie by that one point. That wasn't even the worst part about this movie, I say probably the worst thing in this film is the fact that this felt more like "Tony Stark: The Movie" than a new Iron Man movie, I mean why not have more Iron Man in it. However the story was still good and it even has a bit of funny and enjoyable moments. If you can survive that plot twist that insulted many Comic Book fans, I think you will enjoy this movie. Expand
  14. Feb 16, 2014
    If your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. Surprisingly no one actor feels better than the other, creating a strong realism, especially in dramatic scenes. Like most Marvel movies the action is amazing and varied. One scene you'll see Tony without his suit, fighting super powered beings using only his intellect, and the next you'll see a pulse pounding air born rescue. However, the biggest thing I like about the action is how much there is. There's not to little ( like in Superman Returns ) and there's not to much ( like in Revenge of the Sith ). This leaves room for a fantastic story... That is until it hits the half way mark. The film brings in a twist, that it thinks is so clever, but just end up being stupid, and a slap in the face to all comic fans! This poor choice gets rid of an awesome, dark villain, The Mandarin, and replaces him with a poorly written villain that's generic as hell! Then when the story gets back on track, it introduces an awful ending that feels so rushed. In addition to this, this film has so many mistakes it's almost laughable! And its a shame because Shane Black's directing talent really shows. The camera feels organic and never out of place. If the fanboy inside of me was reviewing this, I would give it a 0. But because it's such a good film in its own right, I can't do that. Expand
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    电影充满故事和幽默,但导演将基调弄得黑暗又和这种幽默格格不入,其它水准把握还算不错,特效不错,最后得大战控制得不够到位,反派的设定很不讨喜,令人失望。
  16. Feb 1, 2014
    La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película.
  17. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2014
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the
    moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
  19. Jan 12, 2014
    After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
  20. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  21. Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
  22. Jan 6, 2014
    Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia
  23. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  24. Dec 31, 2013
    Just overly not what I'm looking for out of a Marvel movie and I was really let down with the plot of this one. It felt extremely rushed and that no focus was put on this movie.
  25. Dec 29, 2013
    If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
  26. Dec 28, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the best of the franchise, due largely in part to an unforgettable twist about halfway through, and a finale that is spectacular in every sense of the word.
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one, but no like the first one. Expand
  28. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2013
    Almost perfect.Although I didn't like the ending, because it looks like there won't be Iron Man 4 :(
    Otherwise it's a nice movie, with great cast and super, astonishing visual and sound effects.
  30. Dec 17, 2013
    This trilogy of Iron Man is great, the last and recent Iron Man movie was not as good as the first two, it has nice special affects (as usual) and also is well created but the whole point is that the movie did not need to be made it was just a finale of the first two, but overall it was a decent movie.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.