Iron Man 3

6.5

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1968 Ratings

1. Jul 17, 2016
    This is the 7th movie into the MCU and still the writing is bad, the comedy is cheap and the villains are forgettable. Still these "critics" don't outright pan this piece of **** movies Kevin Feige vomits out?! What have we become as a specie of supposedly intelligence when this piece of **** grosses a billion dollars worldwide, I guess one line comedy, a charismatic actor and appeal toThis is the 7th movie into the MCU and still the writing is bad, the comedy is cheap and the villains are forgettable. Still these "critics" don't outright pan this piece of **** movies Kevin Feige vomits out?! What have we become as a specie of supposedly intelligence when this piece of **** grosses a billion dollars worldwide, I guess one line comedy, a charismatic actor and appeal to the lowest common denominator equals box office gold. Done with the MCU until Black Panther in 2018. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2016
    I love this movie! I have seen all of the Iron man movies and this one has got to be my favorite out of all of the Iron Man movies! It is funny, fun, mature, action and sort heavy, it is a bloody good time!
  3. Jun 1, 2016
    Un exciting, dull, boring and a lackluster sequel. Total disappointment, mainly caused by the trailers which made this movie seem epic in scale when really it was the smallest of the 3.
  4. May 30, 2016
    With character development and bringing issues of "The Avengers," Iron Man 3 is better than its predecessor, but is lost to waste your drama to create a bad twist on behalf of excessive comic relief.
  5. May 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man is the grand return of Tony Stark in the suit with a story that tests his limits. It has its moments but it also has some major problems that hold it back. The film has Stark suffer some panic attacks after his near death experience in the events of The Avengers. The panic attacks had some potential to give him more depth considering the fact that he was surrounded by superhuman and even gods but it is really not that fleshed out enough. There is also a controversial conspiracy involving former U.S war veterans who regain their limbs based on an experiment that went wrong. This presents an interesting dilemma for Stark to come fully face to face with the horrors of his previous arms race campaign. How the war veterans were portrayed though are pretty questionable to say the least. Ben Kinsley is one of the best highlights of the film both for his propaganda videos as the ultimate reveal of him being a mere puppet for the real villain. It is understandable why fans will be very dissapointed but the Mandarin would not have flown well in today's PC culture since the Mandarin from the original comic is really nothing more than a racial stereotype of the Chinese. Although the plot twist was hilarious the true villain was a bland antagonist to Stark. Speaking of which, Robert Downey Jr is once again the best thing about this film especially with the interaction between him and the child actor. The child actor did an outstanding job developing a relationship with Stark. This is also a film where Stark has to rely on his wits for the majority of the film outside of the one time he gave his address to the Mandarin (the single most stupid thing any Superhero has ever done). The action is also pretty strong with impressive set pieces which actually kept me at the edge of my seat. The climax is outstanding with all of the multiple suits and Stark changing in between the suits in mid flight which displays some impressive visuals. His relationship with Pepper has developed alot more as well and I found myself genially concerned about their relationship status. If you are wiling to accept some of the flaws or the controversial plot twist than this film will definitely keep you entertained for a long time. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2016
    Its a good film, Robert Downey still nails it as Iron Man, the story is interesting and sometimes thrilling, the effects and action scenes are great and there is some good jokes. I also enjoyed that Don Cheadle's war machine was there a lot in the film, he is a great addition to the MCU. I will say that the main villain of this movie is the weakest part about it, he is not bad, but a bitIts a good film, Robert Downey still nails it as Iron Man, the story is interesting and sometimes thrilling, the effects and action scenes are great and there is some good jokes. I also enjoyed that Don Cheadle's war machine was there a lot in the film, he is a great addition to the MCU. I will say that the main villain of this movie is the weakest part about it, he is not bad, but a bit cliché and poorly written, there is not much to him. If the Mandarin had been the main villain, acted like in the comics and had been well developed instead of being a lazy old fart who we discover he is a fake, it would have been way better. But still, its tons of fun and very enjoyable. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2016
    I have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James Bond than Ironman. The emotions and stress that Stark is dealing with is interesting, and the subtle references to The Avengers is good, but other thanI have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James Bond than Ironman. The emotions and stress that Stark is dealing with is interesting, and the subtle references to The Avengers is good, but other than that, this movie had no real depth at all. The motives for the bad guys is not really evident, nor is the explanation of the extremis virus. One minute you have a glowing man turning into a bomb and the next you have 10 glowing guys who breathe fire and regenerate except when killed?!?!?!?! All the Ironman suits were cool but how they get to that point is pretty pointless. It was an ok movie, and probably better than the second one, but was more of a money grab than a great film. Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2016
    Disappointing. After being very much excited for the film, it was a let-down.
    As a whole, the film wasn't generally bad, not even close to being the worst. (Probably the worst Marvel Cinematic film though)
    Disappointing. After being very much excited for the film, it was a let-down.

The first half was interesting enough to keep me reeled in, however the opening sequence already had me worried about what was going to happen. And I wasn't completely wrong either, it did pretty much ruin the entire character of the Mandarin as we ever knew him.

All that aside, it was great to see Tony suffering the events of The Avengers throughout the film, however it was all executed poorly. The humour felt very much out of place and majority of it just didn't belong in the film. When you are trying to show a character having PTSD, humour is probably not the best way to go about showing it.

Even though the Mandarin twist didn't surprise me all that much (more disappointing than surprising), it turned the character of Aldrich Killian to an average-type villain that just had no other motivation except that Tony ditched a meeting one night.

The fight sequences were enjoyable for the most-part. This film isn't bad, it's just average. Disappointing considering the talent involved.
  9. Apr 5, 2016
    Fell short on alot of things, Mandarin problem aside this just wasn't that much of an Iron Man movie. You see more of Tony out of the suit than in the suit, which some could consider a bad thing. On a positive note, the film is more character based and really brings to focus on Tony's struggles post-Avengers. Overall, solid movie.
  10. Mar 28, 2016
    The worst entry in the Marvel universe. Marvel knew they were going to make a mountain of cash regardless of whatever was the end product, and Iron Man 3 is the result. After watching the trailer and hoping for an introduction to the Mandarin, audiences got the trolling of a lifetime. Joke's on us.
  11. Mar 28, 2016
    It's definitely better than Iron Man 2. Though not nearly as good as the first one. Fortunately it feels like a sequel that is good to have, and this time the villain is an interesting character, finally! And of course, Robert Downey Jr provides a phenomenal performance as Tony Stark! Not a surprise though lol.
  12. Mar 26, 2016
  13. Mar 20, 2016
    Mi admiración por Marvel empezó con Los Vengadores y más que nunca iba a seguir con ello, esta película comienza la Fase 2 de la franquicia, me pareció mejor que las antecesoras del Vengador blindado, aunque distinta, debido al director que es el mismo de Lethal Weapon (debo ver esa), pues hizo un buen trabajo, diferente a lo que hizo Jon Favreau, sobre la música esta bien sobre todo laMi admiración por Marvel empezó con Los Vengadores y más que nunca iba a seguir con ello, esta película comienza la Fase 2 de la franquicia, me pareció mejor que las antecesoras del Vengador blindado, aunque distinta, debido al director que es el mismo de Lethal Weapon (debo ver esa), pues hizo un buen trabajo, diferente a lo que hizo Jon Favreau, sobre la música esta bien sobre todo la del inicio, me trajo recuerdos, la trama sigue lo que dejó el incidente de Nueva York, con el protagonista sufriendo de estrés post-traumático al estar al borde de la muerte, aunque tiene que enfrentar a un terrorista que causa el caos, protegiendo a los suyos al igual que enfrentar a fantasmas de su pasado, lo he disfrutado bien, tiene un tono un poquito oscuro pero no le quita la gracia que nos tiene acostumbrado, me encanta que sea un thriller técnologico, Robert Downey Jr. una vez más demuestra ser un gran actor y muestra la evolución del personaje y como éste tiene que usar su ingenio aparte de su armadura, Gwyneth Paltrow aquí muestra un poco más de presencia y además rompe el molde de la damisela en apuros, en cierta parte de la película, Don Cheadle una vez más hace gran dúo con Downey, aparte también muestra grandes proezas, Ben Kingsley su personaje es único y genial no voy a decir más para los que aún no ven el filme, Guy Pearce vendría a ser un villano más, no destaca como otros, pero llena cierta parte, aunque muchos lo comparan con cierto villano animado que empieza con S, el personaje de Pearce en los comics tiene poca presencia, aquí le dan más importancia, aunque la película se base en el arco argumental Extremis, hay elementos rescatables, pero algo que les ha molestado a muchos es un giro inesperado en la trama, en mi caso, la primera vez que lo vi sólo me sorprendí de que no fuera lo que se había anunciado, el giro me parecio magistral, aparte aunque el Mandarín en los comics es un ser poderoso, no creo que vendría bien luego de haber presenciado algo extraterrestre antes, no habia que repetir ello, a pesar de que digan que es una mala pelicula por ese giro argumental y en el arco en que se basan, a mi me parece una excelente película, tampoco mejor que Los Vengadores, pero es una película disfrutable y única épica conclusión de las aventuras en solitario de Tony Stark, las parte que más me ha gustado es la parte del rescate aéreo, al igual como una épica batalla definitiva, el final, me dijeron que no me iba a gustar, pero al contrario fue uno buenísimo, para terminar la escena post-créditos no tiene relevancia alguna, pero es divertida aparte da sentido a la narrativa de Tony que le cuenta todo a cierto compañero científico. Expand
  14. Mar 20, 2016
    The third time is neither a particular charm nor the kiss of death for Marvel Studios’ robust “Iron Man” series, which has changed studios (from Paramount to Disney) and directors (Shane Black subbing for Jon Favreau) but otherwise toyed little with the formula that has so far generated more than $1.2 billion in global ticket sales. The inevitable franchise fatigue ― plus a markedlyThe third time is neither a particular charm nor the kiss of death for Marvel Studios’ robust “Iron Man” series, which has changed studios (from Paramount to Disney) and directors (Shane Black subbing for Jon Favreau) but otherwise toyed little with the formula that has so far generated more than $1.2 billion in global ticket sales. The inevitable franchise fatigue ― plus a markedly unmemorable villain ― may account for the feeling that “Iron Man 3” is more perfunctory and workmanlike than its two predecessors, but this solid production still delivers more than enough of what fans expect to earn its weight in box office metal.

Part of the rich appeal of the first “Iron Man” (2008) came from the inspired casting of Robert Downey Jr., who brought loads of impish charisma and insouciance to the part of defense contractor turned iron-plated superhero Tony Stark. It was particularly fun to watch Downey becoming Iron Man, bobbing and weaving about in his space-age rocket suit like a novice surfer trying to stand up on a wave. You can only do an origin story once, alas, and some of the magic was already gone from 2010’s “Iron Man 2,” which pitted our hero against a stock Russian heavy (Mickey Rourke) in a standard-issue revenge narrative, but still found ample time for Stark and romantic foil Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) to do their very passable Tracy-Hepburn routine. There was also a sly running commentary on the celebrification of American culture ― and, in Stark’s effort to rid himself of the shrapnel slowly poisoning his body, a deft analog for Downey’s own widely publicized battle with various forms of addiction.

Most of that is absent at the start of “Iron Man 3,” which finds Stark in fine physical shape ― if a bit mentally unhinged from the events of “The Avengers” ― and living in relative domestic bliss with the comely Ms. Potts. All of which leaves little for Black (and co-screenwriter Drew Pearce) to do other than summon up the latest villain from the Marvel dugout: A bearded, bin Laden-esque baddie who calls himself the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and who claims credit for a series of terror bombings, one of which, a frightening attack in front of Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, has landed Stark security honcho Happy (Favreau) in a coma. (Although clearly unintentional, the movie’s recurring images of severed limbs and burning bodies can’t help but strike a queasy note in light of the recent events in Boston.) Spewing his boilerplate anti-American rhetoric in a series of crudely made videos that mysteriously jam the television airwaves, the Mandarin promises that “the big one is coming,” just in time for Christmas no less.
  15. Mar 13, 2016
    WHAT I LIKED: This is an odd mix of the amazing and the awkward, Iron Man 3 is full of the character stuff that makes Marvel films so great. Forget the rubbish of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is developed really well and we really feel like we know him here. This is largely thanks to Robert Downey Jr being stripped back to basics and he really showcases his acting abilities here. Not only thatWHAT I LIKED: This is an odd mix of the amazing and the awkward, Iron Man 3 is full of the character stuff that makes Marvel films so great. Forget the rubbish of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is developed really well and we really feel like we know him here. This is largely thanks to Robert Downey Jr being stripped back to basics and he really showcases his acting abilities here. Not only that but there's some really excellent opportunities for great action scenes (as the mark 47 is properly cool!)
    WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: There are a few odd niggles that you really can't ignore. For example, the confusing plot, and the baffling villain situation (which is even confusing after multiple viewings,) and the fact the movie doesn't really seem to fit in the whole Cinematic Universe.
    VERDICT: Iron Man 3 is arguably the best film in the Iron Man franchise, it's darker than the first but still a lot of fun. Robert Downey Jr is just great in this role.
  16. Mar 9, 2016
    A ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms. While the mandarin was cool the plot twist was so poorly exacted. I know marvel is way better than this. As usual the guy who played the actual villainA ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms. While the mandarin was cool the plot twist was so poorly exacted. I know marvel is way better than this. As usual the guy who played the actual villain put on an incredibly uninspired performance. However iron man as i have mention before succeeds on the action front tony stark is great as iron man as always and gewneth paltrow is good as pepper potts. At the end of the day though Iron man 3 unfortunately falls short of marvels greatest films Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2016
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie to the fullest!!! This movie was a blast, it was emotional, and it was quite funny! Although people were pissed off about the Mandarin scene, but I honestly thought it was funny!! This movie also does a fantastic job at digging deeper into the character of Tony Stark! I think this may be the best movie in the Iron Man trilogy!
  18. Feb 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron man 3 was the movie that completed the trilogy of the Mcu fan faviroute, Iron man. Firstly, Iron man 3 was a lot more enjoyable than Iron man 2, with more cool action, fights and CGI. As well as the great supporting cast and Robert Downey jrs performance was a lot better than Iron man 2. However there were moments in this film that weren't great. Firstly, while I didn't like this mandarin twist, it wasn't the worst thing about this movie. The villain continues the marvel traditions of mostly having un- developed/cliché villains, in this film, Aldrich Killian, who has the most used backstory of every villain. I felt that there were some stupid moments in this film too and Tony Stark is completely out of character. Altogether while some don't like this film, it is quite enjoyable but I cant help but notice many of the problems. Expand
  19. Jan 26, 2016
    An improvement of the last Iron Man installment in the franchise before this movie. A bit better than Iron Man 2 and lives up its name to the original Iron Man, but not good to that Iron Man.
  20. Dec 30, 2015
    A movie with a different twist at the end, which I did not really expected. A great film which Iron Man fanatics will surely enjoy.

Watch this here fro free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1f8b55-Iron-Man-3-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  21. Nov 2, 2015
    Iron Man 3 is definitely better than Iron Man 2, and more thrilling then the second one. The plot to this movie wasn't very convincing, but that doesn't Robert Downey Jr and the rest of the supporting cast to make Iron Man 3 fun to watch.
  22. Oct 10, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A bit confusing but an interesting movie overall. I hadn't seen the other MCU movies at the time I saw this so I didn't understand all the references but I still liked it. Trust me, ieven if you don't like superhero movies, it's all worth it for the scene where The Mandrin- a terrorist who seems to be the movie's terrifying main villain- is revealed to be a drunken British actor who's a pawn in the real villain's scheme. I laughed my butt off at that scene. And even beside that, it's enjoyable for superhero fans. I liked it. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2015
    Awful. Tedious. Believe it or not, boring. So glad I didn't pay for this garbage. Watched it free on a flight and couldn't even finish it. My peanuts were more interesting. Boooooo.
  24. Aug 14, 2015
    "Iron Man 3" does leave a lot of obvious plot holes and poses many unanswered questions to its somewhat anticlimactic ending, but the movie still is a great action-packed superhero blockbuster thanks to the ever-perfect performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/ Ironman.
  25. Aug 6, 2015
    Iron Man 3 se siente diferente, siento un aire mas ligero (¿Tal vez porque ahora Disney las produce?) también el estilo cambia totalmente, me atrevo a decir que pensé que estaba viendo una diferente versión de "El caballero de la noche" pero sin Batman ni el Joker. El elenco es excelente, pero el Guion es lo mas bajo del Film, en esta ocasión, veremos mas a Tony Stark que al mismo IronIron Man 3 se siente diferente, siento un aire mas ligero (¿Tal vez porque ahora Disney las produce?) también el estilo cambia totalmente, me atrevo a decir que pensé que estaba viendo una diferente versión de "El caballero de la noche" pero sin Batman ni el Joker. El elenco es excelente, pero el Guion es lo mas bajo del Film, en esta ocasión, veremos mas a Tony Stark que al mismo Iron Man. No decepciona, es divertida y en ocasiones emocionante, pero no supera a sus antecesoras. La primera parte sigue siendo la mejor. Expand
  26. Aug 4, 2015
    Espantosidad de pelicula de mierda....
    .....................................................................................
  27. Jun 26, 2015
    Not such a great movie but not a bad one. The movie is full of plot holes and just confusing moments in the script. The banter between Downey and Ty is so fresh it almost makes it worth it.
  28. Jun 13, 2015
    this movies is awesome...... esta pelicula es todo lo que quieres ver en una peicula de accion y ciencia ficcion es visualmente espectacular y nos muestra un heroe que se las ingenia y sale adelante
  29. May 23, 2015
    The CGI on display here is top-notch and the action sequences are pretty crazy. Also, there's still that Iron Man flair to the film. Don't let the so-so reviews stop you form watching this movie but don't expect it to be as goos as the last two, because it's not. The writing just isn't as strong as it was in the previous Iron Man films but it's still good.
  30. May 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In general the film is very good, incredible special effects, this film shows that Tony Stark is not iron, but the end left much to be desired, this thing of Aldrich Killian talk that is the Mandarin was not too cool, let alone the Tony take the reactor. Expand
  31. May 13, 2015
    First off, I would like to say that I was surprised by how much Christmas kept coming up in this movie. I'm sure it made more sense and seemed more natural when it first came out, but since I was watching it in a string of Marvel movies in May, it just seemed oddly time-specific compared to most Marvel movies. The conceit of having a bunch of other people use the suits was fun, but IFirst off, I would like to say that I was surprised by how much Christmas kept coming up in this movie. I'm sure it made more sense and seemed more natural when it first came out, but since I was watching it in a string of Marvel movies in May, it just seemed oddly time-specific compared to most Marvel movies. The conceit of having a bunch of other people use the suits was fun, but I don't think it worked that well to carry the movie. I can't think of things that were specifically wrong with this movie compared to the others--it had a lot of the same elements of the other Iron Man movies, but somehow it just didn't add up in the same way. It's still good, and it has the same sassy Tony Stark (seeing him interact with a child was maybe the best part of the movie), but it just wasn't as compelling as the first two in the series. Expand
  32. May 10, 2015
    I don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holes and they actually had everything to not do that. The movie just didn't get worse because the it has top action with excellent visual effects (MarvelI don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holes and they actually had everything to not do that. The movie just didn't get worse because the it has top action with excellent visual effects (Marvel never fails on that) and also got great actors (the villains and Downey Jr are on form). It is a deception Expand
  33. May 2, 2015
    Iron man, what have they done to you! this movie is garbage! the trailer looked so promising but the movie was such a joke! it was so boring from start to finish!
  34. May 1, 2015
    "You can take away my suits, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I am Iron Man." I love this movie, such a great experience to see its end, even that for me it doesn't fit the Avengers: Age of Ultron, I'd like it more if Stark had spent more time being the actual Iron Man, with the suits and stuff. Great movie anyway!
  35. Apr 27, 2015
    In my opinion worst one of the series by far its like they ran out of gas for this series and took a knife to a gunfight. I gave this a 6 because the acting was great the movie was visually stunning at times but the thought of suffering in agony through this movie again is too much. The hardcore marvel fans are going to chew this up and spit it out rightfully so. The only reason for a fairIn my opinion worst one of the series by far its like they ran out of gas for this series and took a knife to a gunfight. I gave this a 6 because the acting was great the movie was visually stunning at times but the thought of suffering in agony through this movie again is too much. The hardcore marvel fans are going to chew this up and spit it out rightfully so. The only reason for a fair 6 like I said I felt it had great casting and at times was awsome but thats it. Expand
  36. Apr 22, 2015
    “When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in the wake of that record-smashing hit. Joss Whedon’s crossover bonanza was designed to replenish the franchises that fed into it, goosing interest in the subsequent solo outings of its respective heroes. That’s a sound business model, but a backfiring entertainment strategy. Here, it’s hard not to wish Downey were sparring with his costumed comrades again, instead of trading barbs with the far-less-colorful cast members—old and new—of this busy, sporadically diverting sequel.

As in Jon Favreau’s dismal Iron Man 2, there’s no shortage of supporting characters hovering around the eponymous mogul-inventor. Although they share second billing, Gwyneth Paltrow (as love interest and business partner Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as the government-sponsored War Machine, re-christened “Iron Patriot” for PR reasons) drift to the margins of the narrative. More prominent are the heavies, dragged in to test the mettle (and metal) of Downey’s saintly yet sardonic billionaire. In a plot turn that recalls the fallen-hero trajectory of The Dark Knight Rises, the minions of a bearded tyrant called the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley, whose hamminess serves a covert purpose) blow Stark’s mansion to smithereens. There’s also a scorned, rat-bastard scientist (Guy Pearce at his oiliest), and a posse of molten-skinned henchmen better suited to an X-Men movie.

New to the field of comic-book spectacles, writer-director Shane Black keeps all of this chaos churning at a breakneck pace. Hints of the filmmaker’s personality poke through the Marvel house style: The bookending narration is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang redux, and only the man who penned Lethal Weapon would think to include a passage in which Cheadle and a de-armored, gun-toting Downey bicker like buddy cops. Black’s most endearing experiment, though, is divorcing Iron Man of his iron. Never is the film livelier than when its hero, stranded in the boonies without access to his toys, has to rely on quick thinking and the kindness of strangers. (Amusing as always in the role, Downey seems to relish his time out of the suit.)

Less successful is the mandatory CGI mayhem, staged more confidently than in the Favreau films, but still borderline incoherent. In two hours and change, Black mounts only one truly spectacular setpiece: the annihilation of Air Force One, and the daring midair rescue of its plummeting passengers. Playful and awe-inspiring, the sequence also doubles as a metaphor for the way Iron Man 3, in its desperate attempts to please, frantically juggles so many characters and crowd-pleasing components. Whedon, a true believer in the medium, made that balancing act look easy. Pity it’ll be another two years, and at least that many interim single-hero installments, before he gets the gang back together.

Very Disappointing
  37. Mar 20, 2015
    Everybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then came 'Iron Man 2' (2010) which was a different story, while not overly terrible...it was simply a mediocre sequel that hadEverybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then came 'Iron Man 2' (2010) which was a different story, while not overly terrible...it was simply a mediocre sequel that had a forgettable villain, and was just filler until 'The Avengers' (2012) was released.

'Iron Man 3' is a film that started off with promise...but after the first hour and maybe a few minutes, it went from a strong 9 to a 6 out of 10.

Robert Downey Jr. does not disappoint as Tony Stark aka "Iron Man", he is building more suits, but for some reason, he's lost his spark. His suits are not the kind of strong, powerful suits that he made in previous films.

Guy Pearce plays a man named Aldrich Killian, a once eager businessman who met Stark back in New Year's Eve 1999, but was turned down and now he plans revenge on him.

Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Pepper Potts, she is concerned for Stark since the events in 'The Avengers' (2012) and he is suffering from constant panic attacks and anxiety issues.

Ben Kingsley tackles the role of the Mandarin, one of Iron Man's biggest enemies, anyone who has read the comic books will know.

My issue with this movie is the villain, without spoiling too much, Ben Kingsley is criminally underused as the Mandarin. Plus, that unsuspected twist was absolutely unnecessary.

It feels like Marvel knew that everybody was going to see this movie after how big 'The Avengers' (2012) was. It seems like they only care for box-office openings, so they can do whatever they want to the story and not care because this movie will do well in the box-office.

I felt like an idiot for seeing this movie, but the only good things in it was the action, they're still as dazzling as ever and Downey Jr. never fails to please the fans.

Overall, I've seen this movie a couple of times, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's not one I'll be watching more times in the future.
  38. Mar 13, 2015
    It was a good movie with impressive special effects but lacked serious potential towards one of Iron Man's main supervillains. Hopefully, Marvel will bring the Mandarin back with his powerful rings in either the next Avenger's film or Iron Man 4.
  39. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Heavy Boots of Lead

As Tony Stark points out rather tellingly, "All nuance went out the window when the God with a hammer fell from the sky," or something to that effect. At least the writers and filmmakers knew they were going too far, pulling out all the stops, distracting us from the head- scratching plot by cramming Part Three with dizzying twists and out-of- nowhere characters and situations, all while flooding our senses with overcooked CGI and headache-inducing sound FX, and packing in so much smart-Alec dialogue that everyone started to sound like RD Jr.. Obligatory overkill.

"So you can breathe fire?" Cheadle asks the real Mandarin. Yes, but apparently only once. You get an all-you-can-stomach smorgasbord of one-of-everything. You're senses will be subdued--overwhelmed--it's impossible to be bored, you get your money's worth of manic sights and pounding sounds. So why is it ultimately so unsatisfying? Since when is way too much not enough? This is the cinematic equivalent to over- indulging in franchised junk food. CGI obesity. High carb thrills. They'll soon have to supply cinemas with vomit bags.

Still, I prefer Iron-Over-the-Top-Man better than Super-Off-the-Charts- Man. But I don't think anyone really knows how to pull off a well-rounded CGI-based movie yet. Well, there's always Avengers 2015 when Joss Whelon re-calibrates the signal-to-noise ratio, and hopefully restores some of the nuance needed to offset the onslaught of mindless action and sarcastic dialogue. Failing that, we can always hope for James Cameron's Aquaman.

"You can save only one, the President or Pepper Potts," Stark is informed. Wait! You're telling me they're not the same person? Nothing else was too ludicrous to pass up.
  40. Jan 7, 2015
    The villain of the story the Mandarin was disappointing and as far as superhero movies go this is in my top 5 biggest let downs. He was trying to fix his Iron Man suit more than he was in it. I give this a miserable 4 out of 10
  41. Dec 22, 2014
    Fun,Hilarious and delightful Iron Man 3 is still a good film despite of too many criticism.The Twist of the mandarin may pissed by comic fanboys but some may found it funny.Robert Downey Jr. Is Back Being Tony Stark/Iron Man,he still delivers what we love of the character.
  42. Dec 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I was a bit afraid when Jon Favreau stepped off the project of Iron Man 3 since his 2 films were so good. I was afraid that this movie would bomb with a director like Shane Black. But man was I wrong! The movie definitely has a different tone to it I like the darker looking visuals and the increased amounts of humor to offset the struggles of Tony Stark as he tries to fight the "Mandarin." Iron Man 3 is definitely a slight improvement over Iron Man 2. 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  43. Dec 13, 2014
    I find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential of the loveable protagonist. The first film saw progression in Tony Stark's character and the second introduced a villain of interest. The third finds itI find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential of the loveable protagonist. The first film saw progression in Tony Stark's character and the second introduced a villain of interest. The third finds it hard to add anything interesting to the franchise and that is the main issue. The story is far too cataclysmic for my liking and makes for a humble ending to the trilogy. Expand
  44. Dec 7, 2014
    This is an awesome movie filled with lots of action. Probably one of the best action movies I have seen. This is highly recommended if you love superhero and action movies.
  45. Dec 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 3 (2013) *SPOILERS*

"Iron Man 3" is the movie that starts out the Phase 2 of Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while there's some questionably flawed elements, this film is wittily made and nicely acted. Sure, there was some stupid things like the real Mandarin being the nerdy guy Tony met on the elevator. Sure, they could have used Ben Kingsley – a fantastic actor by the way – as the real villain, which would’ve been incredible and would’ve make the film even more epic. But surprisingly enough, “Iron Man 3” is still good in its own right. It’s not as refined as some Marvel movies are, but it’s visually impressive and its main lead still holds that charm we liked in the first two Iron Man films. Director Jon Favreau was replaced by Shane Black, but still remained as a producer and as the character Happy.

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Well, many people say that the clothes make the man, but what makes these series so rewarding is the man inside the suit: Robert Downey Jr. He is, once again, fantastic. Perhaps one of the coolest super-heroes in contemporary cinema and I would be very surprise if in the future someone will top him. As for the rest of the cast, Guy Pearce surely makes for a compelling villain. Even though I was expecting Trevor to be the real villain, Pearce’s character still makes up for that. Gwyneth Paltrow also returns as the love interest of Tony Stark and Don Cheadle appears once again as “Iron Patriot”. Really? “War Machine” sounds so much better. Apparently he changed it because War Machine was a little belligerent. Some antagonists in movies are way over-the-top, so if there’s something that this movie needs credit for, it’s the villain. Now, let’s talk about the Mandarin plot twist. The Mandarin plot twist ah… my god, is so **** stupid. When I saw the trailers for Iron Man 3 back in 2013, I was expecting something intense and dark, because THE TRAILERS LOOKED INTENSE AND DARK, but yeah… I never should trust the trailers or clips or whatever. As I was saying, I expected something out of that darkness, and it just pained me to see the real Mandarin being a nerd, and the fake one being a comedic actor. How exciting. I mean, how **** stupid is this? I’m disappointed about this and note, I rarely even read comic books.

The action scenes are utterly entertaining. Everything from the Malibu Mansion attack to the oil tanker battle is phenomenal. It is amazing. Trust me, it’s really good, and I dare to say that it’s even better than the first two Iron Man films. It’s so good. When Iron Man was rescuing those people when the plane exploded, I thought he was not going to make it, but man, he did make it. My friend complained exactly about that. He said that “Ah, Iron Man is not Superman. He can’t do that”. He’s an opinionated person, so I sometimes don’t take him seriously. What I thought it was odd in that sequence… you know, too stupid, was the fact that everyone who landed on the water knew how to swim. How convenient. The best fight in the whole movie is between Tony and Killian and this particular battle could positively explain why the fights in Marvel movies are so damn good.

Although I really left the theaters satisfied, I’m not looking forward to an Iron Man 4. We need to see new characters, new story arcs and new easter eggs. Thank God that some weeks ago, it has been announced some new movies in Marvel canon, and doesn’t include Iron Man films. I’m not saying that Iron Man is a crappy character, no, I think he’s a pretty good super-hero, but we do need some new stuff because this sh*t is getting repetitive.

Final Score to Iron Man 3: 7/10. This sequel is an improvement over its predecessor and while it’s not as refined as the very first installment, “Iron Man 3” still has style, charisma and the action sequences are purely entertaining. This was an appropriate follow-up to The Avengers, which – like I said in my review – was fantastic. If you’re an Iron Man fanatic, you will love this flick and probably a good chunk of it. And even if you’re a person who goes frequently to the movies, you won’t be left unsatisfied. Now, let’s review the disappointing one: Thor 2.
  46. Nov 13, 2014
    Better than mediocrity in film form, aka Iron Man 2, this Iron Man continues with Iron Man's developed personality and develops it further. It introduces new plot elements, and actually has the promised action. Though Robert Downey Jr. himself was disappointed with the film, it is worth seeing, even though it is filled to the brim with plot-holes.
  47. Nov 13, 2014
    "Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

"Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: As expected, Downey, Jr showed once again why he was born to play Tony Stark. Paltrow and Cheadle nailed their respective roles once more, and newcomers Kingsley and Pearce put in their usual great performances. The effects were top notch and the storyline, based on the popular "Extremis" arc in the comics, was a great idea. The final battle was extremely well done and some of the new ways that the armor(s) were used was very creative.

The Bad: However, the villains left me more than little underwhelmed, despite the great performances from the actors involved. There was also a little too much wit and humor that at times felt out of place. I also wish that Stark had utilized the armor more as the scenes with him in Iron Man mode were too few and too short. Lastly, as a comic book nerd and a huge fan of Mandarin, I was not a fan of his portrayal. I don't want to ruin it for those who have not seen it, but I really wish that he had been as advertised.
  48. Nov 8, 2014
    An entertaining addition to the Marvel canon, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted final act.
  49. Oct 23, 2014
    Iron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving himIron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving him there. Years later after the events of "The Avengers" Tony is a changed man, no longer just as the hero protecting America from terrorists but now frantically building suits trying to keep the ones he cares about safe after going through a wormhole and learning that there is a big and dangerous universe out there. Shane Black directs a good popcorn flick here taking over from Jon Favreau who directed the first two movies, and in terms of story this is much better than Iron Man 2. If you love seeing Tony Stark chew scenery for two hours you'll enjoy this. Expand
  50. Oct 18, 2014
    Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on hisIron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Expand
  51. Sep 5, 2014
    Weak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only onWeak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only on action, who dont think at all watching movie. I say again, it is not bad, just not for everyone. By the way, as I understood this movie was last of Iron Man series, at least I hope so, despite my love to Iron Man and other Marvel characters. Expand
  52. Aug 24, 2014
    Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion. You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The
    Seen this twice now.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
  53. Aug 11, 2014
    This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creatingThis ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
  54. Aug 8, 2014
    My least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot more character driven than previous films, which is by no means a problem but with the lack of underdeveloped villains, it really does not balance it out.
  55. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  56. Jul 8, 2014
    definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
  57. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH . . . no. No, Shane Black and Robert Downey, I didn't find this 130-minute over budget inside joke between you two hilarious. No, I did not find Downey's excessive jazz hands in order to summon his armor hilarious. Were those really necessary or some signal towards the so-called illuminati? Either way, you looked like you were speaking in sign language to your boyfriend Shane. No, I did not appreciate Downey attempting to turn this film into Iron Man: Tropic Thunder. The only good thing about this film was the "House Party" protocol. Otherwise, shane and robert went full retard on this one. Expand
  58. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't takeOk so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  59. May 4, 2014
    Iron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. Sorry Tony, maybe your solo film days are done...
  60. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally, I said this movie was "awesome", completely ignoring the fact that it disappointed all the true to heart fans when it came out. Looking at it now, I can see the mediocrity in it. First off, SPOILER WARNING!
    I will be going through this film beginning to end, both from the eyes of me and a major fan boy. Iron man 2 was one of the BIGGEST disappointments from marvel I've seen yet, and I think a comic fan boy could agree. I want to go over why Iron Man 2 sucked so damn much, but this is NOT a review for that movie so lets get on with this crap. First off, the Mandarin is not really the Mandarin. Now, through my perspective, as someone who hasn't really read any of the comics, I don't care! But from a fan boy's perspective this was another total shame on marvel's part, I mean they are damned marvel after all, so why would they do this to us? The mandarin is later revealed to be some asshat with some type of flame power, who... wants revenge after Tony ditched him years ago? WHAT?!? To be honest I kinda liked tony's new powers, and while I didn't like the newcomer in the 2nd film, I felt my blood rush a little when the president was forced into the suit, to the fans, once again I can see the facepalm induced by this from the original fan boys. As for Stan Lee's cameo... :D if there's ONE thing I love about the Marvel movies its seeing a silly good ol' cameo from Stan Lee. The trailers made it look like this movie was going to be all about protecting Pepper or whatever her name is (at least from my perspective), and what did I find out about this when I actually saw it? It had nearly nothing to do about protecting her!
    Here are some serious grudges I had with this entry 1) Less of iron man, more like regular man
    2) before the suit could stay on for hours, why it can run out of batteries in this entree way before it did in its predecessors... I DON'T KNOW. 3) Tony loses his heart-thing in the end and 4) in the VERY end of the film Tony says something like "...I am iron man", even though he loses his powers, and while this is a nice ending line, it leaves little confusion to whether a 4th iron man will be made.

MY FINAL SCORE IS: 5 out of 10
    THE FANBOY'S SCORE: 3.9 out of 10

PROS
    -Nice action scenes
    -Still a little better than iron man 2

CONS
    -Stays the hell away from the comic books that formed the story of iron man
    -No real mandarin.. THIS WAS TONYS WORST ENEMY!
    -Less iron man, more regular man
    -Leaves some confusion on ending line
  61. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  62. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey playediron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand
  63. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is another fantastic film from Marvel Studios, It's a good way to end the trilogy. The original Iron Man movie is great, Iron Man 2 was not that great, The Avengers was revolutionary and this is also great. Overall it had some great action and some good story elements in it. I really wish people would not be so hateful to this movie just because of how much they hated that plot twist with the Mandarin, even though I didn't care, I mean I guess it was pretty stupid but I am not going to judge the movie by that one point. That wasn't even the worst part about this movie, I say probably the worst thing in this film is the fact that this felt more like "Tony Stark: The Movie" than a new Iron Man movie, I mean why not have more Iron Man in it. However the story was still good and it even has a bit of funny and enjoyable moments. If you can survive that plot twist that insulted many Comic Book fans, I think you will enjoy this movie. Expand
  64. Feb 16, 2014
    If your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. SurprisinglyIf your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. Surprisingly no one actor feels better than the other, creating a strong realism, especially in dramatic scenes. Like most Marvel movies the action is amazing and varied. One scene you'll see Tony without his suit, fighting super powered beings using only his intellect, and the next you'll see a pulse pounding air born rescue. However, the biggest thing I like about the action is how much there is. There's not to little ( like in Superman Returns ) and there's not to much ( like in Revenge of the Sith ). This leaves room for a fantastic story... That is until it hits the half way mark. The film brings in a twist, that it thinks is so clever, but just end up being stupid, and a slap in the face to all comic fans! This poor choice gets rid of an awesome, dark villain, The Mandarin, and replaces him with a poorly written villain that's generic as hell! Then when the story gets back on track, it introduces an awful ending that feels so rushed. In addition to this, this film has so many mistakes it's almost laughable! And its a shame because Shane Black's directing talent really shows. The camera feels organic and never out of place. If the fanboy inside of me was reviewing this, I would give it a 0. But because it's such a good film in its own right, I can't do that. Expand
  65. Feb 3, 2014
    电影充满故事和幽默,但导演将基调弄得黑暗又和这种幽默格格不入,其它水准把握还算不错,特效不错,最后得大战控制得不够到位,反派的设定很不讨喜,令人失望。
  66. Feb 1, 2014
    La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película.
  67. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
  68. Jan 28, 2014
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
  69. Jan 12, 2014
    After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of senseAfter the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
  70. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  71. Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never showAnyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
  72. Jan 6, 2014
    Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia
  73. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  74. Dec 31, 2013
    Just overly not what I'm looking for out of a Marvel movie and I was really let down with the plot of this one. It felt extremely rushed and that no focus was put on this movie.
  75. Dec 29, 2013
    If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns himIf you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
  76. Dec 28, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the best of the franchise, due largely in part to an unforgettable twist about halfway through, and a finale that is spectacular in every sense of the word.
  77. Dec 22, 2013
    Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one,Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one, but no like the first one. Expand
  78. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
  79. Dec 21, 2013
    Almost perfect.Although I didn't like the ending, because it looks like there won't be Iron Man 4 :(
    Otherwise it's a nice movie, with great cast and super, astonishing visual and sound effects.
  80. Dec 17, 2013
    This trilogy of Iron Man is great, the last and recent Iron Man movie was not as good as the first two, it has nice special affects (as usual) and also is well created but the whole point is that the movie did not need to be made it was just a finale of the first two, but overall it was a decent movie.
  81. Dec 15, 2013
    It's unpleasant, irritating, has ridiculous moments. I feel like I had spit in her face, I cheated with the entry. That bastard sos Disney. Bastards people!
  82. Dec 10, 2013
    Lousy movie, it will fall with such a silly little comedy and ridiculous that I was ashamed, and the decision has no forgiveness Mandarin. It is truly a waste.
  83. Dec 10, 2013
    Terriblemente mala, terriblemente ridícula, una decepción total. Lo del mandarin fue lamentable pero en lo principal del por que es mala es por un exceso de comedia impresionante.
  84. Dec 8, 2013
    Lousy god, humorously goofy child. Slowly destroying the movie goes and turns in the show Tony Stark. Well this movie is extremely bad, rubbish and certainly the worst of the 3.
  85. Nov 29, 2013
    That movie so bad, not only the choice of Mandarin, but the whole movie is a mess, is ridiculous and stupid moments with silly humor unfunny. This between 5 Worst Movies of 2013.
  86. Nov 28, 2013
    Best one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" thenBest one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" then save your bucks and take a film appreciation class and go see some 'real' film. Expand
  87. Nov 28, 2013
    A light, kid-friendly adaptation, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted plot twist at the end.
  88. Nov 27, 2013
    This a far superior sequel to Iron Man 2. This film is reminiscent of action films from the 1980s and 90s, with its Lethal Weapon 2 like ending and originality of interpreting characters from the original comic book source.
  89. Nov 23, 2013
    Meh. This movie started good, I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't. The first hour or so was really interesting, i liked Tony Starks panic attacks. Then, the second part..... They over did the humor and ruined the movie.
  90. Nov 20, 2013
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3** * The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3**

* The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it feels like eating a dark chocolate with fruits on it The screen play focus in such way that the characters are not misplaced in any events .Each and every characters were essential in this movie to their correct attributes If they are not given those things confusion and mistakes takes place. The story revolves around tony stark the hero of this film .His lead is one of the factor that drive this movie entertaining .His character displays an amount of performance and charm which exceeds the performance of others characters .The entire credit goes to Robert Downey Jr he is a remarkable actor with such an excellent performance in full filling his role with out leaving any mark Not only lead character is good but also other characters such as Colonel James Rhodes, Maya Hansen & Pepper Potts they given such a delightful performance in full filling their role. Also characters regarding Aldrich Killian & The Mandarin these characters were well developed and very well performed by Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley they were remarkable in their respective roles Director and screenplay writer shane black did wonderful performance in screen play and also in character development *Action sequence and visual effects are fantastic. *Overall this film is excellent its sparkles with humor & excitement with all possible fireworks !.

Iron Man 3 :*******

(7/10) Stars
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    Mediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massive terrorist threat to the world with Extremis and other programs? Why didnt Stark call SHIELD or anyone else, like Cap, for help during the movie?

And

And it drags on and on in the middle as Tony spends faaar too much time outside the suit. I didnt mind the plot twist with the villain though the ending was completely moronic. There was no reason to destroy all of his suits when he's just gonna rebuild them for Avengers 2.
  92. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doomIron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
  93. Nov 15, 2013
    so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
    and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
    and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ? and you have a
    and you have a terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
    and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
    just stop this series already.
  94. Nov 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a excellent movie. Its darker than previous movie. Robert Downey Jr. is as charismatic as ever. Special effects are higher than previous film.
  95. Nov 10, 2013
    An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor.
  96. Nov 10, 2013
    A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible predicted scenes and terrible acting.
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    Iron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. IIron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. I have a feeling Disney is interfering too much in the production process now. I hope this does not carry over to the upcoming Star Wars movies or I will not be watching those as well.

We need character depth and devolpement. Fast paced action is for Michael Bay teeny bopper fans. Blah. Waste of money.
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    Watching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that theWatching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that the Mandarin wasn't "real but even with all of Tony's suits, I still feel as if there wasn't enough Iron Man action. The jokes and comedy were OK. For me this is a sad and frustrating over-rated film. I also thought the ending was stupid. Seriously, Pepper (looking weird in only a bra and yoga pants, and glowing red) defeats the Killian?

If you like this review, read my other work on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and videogames and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie has the whole pack: comedy, action, plot, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it spreads too thin and a lot of it is felt forced (particularly the excessive jokes).
  100. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the many who was disappointed in the mandarin plot twist. What I am most disappointed in is the fact that they cant use him as an enemy of the avengers. He would have been a good one. But back to Iron Man. The movie's action was awesome. It's humor was done appropriately and well (like all Marvel films). All of the good guys were well developed and didn't stray too far from character. I wasn't the huge fan of the ending. Mainly the part where he threw the arc reactor, that was in his chest, in the ocean. It didn't have anything to do with the plot or Stark's self conflict and felt it was thrown in. Overall good flick. Still a fan of Iron Man and will be disappointed if Downey Jr quits Tony. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.