6.4

1. Jun 26, 2015
    Not such a great movie but not a bad one. The movie is full of plot holes and just confusing moments in the script. The banter between Downey and Ty is so fresh it almost makes it worth it.
  2. Jun 26, 2015
    Co-writer/director Shane Black brings sharp snarky humor and some welcome psychological depth to the Iron Man franchise, which faded in an exhausting second installment after the exhilarating original. Downey is a brilliant actor who somehow manages to portray Tony Stark as traumatised without losing the character's laidback and comedic quality. Here, it's not the suit that makes the man;Co-writer/director Shane Black brings sharp snarky humor and some welcome psychological depth to the Iron Man franchise, which faded in an exhausting second installment after the exhilarating original. Downey is a brilliant actor who somehow manages to portray Tony Stark as traumatised without losing the character's laidback and comedic quality. Here, it's not the suit that makes the man; it's the man that makes the suit. Despite a slow start and occasionally messy plot twists it felt like listening to a noisy garage band, where no matter how sloppily they skronk through a verse, when they tighten up and hit that sing-along chorus, the lack of polish somehow makes it sound even better. Iron Man 3 follows a psychologically tormented hero who has light-hearted fun while engaging in cartoonish mayhem and uncovering corruption that reflects on contemporary politics. Like most franchise sequels it goes overboard with supporting characters, plot complications and let's-top-that action sequences. But there's never any real sense of drama. While it will annoy some diehard, devoted fans of the comics it will still proove vastly entertaining for the majority of audiences, specially those unifamiliar with popcorn superhero territory. Expand
  3. Jun 13, 2015
    this movies is awesome...... esta pelicula es todo lo que quieres ver en una peicula de accion y ciencia ficcion es visualmente espectacular y nos muestra un heroe que se las ingenia y sale adelante
  4. May 23, 2015
    The CGI on display here is top-notch and the action sequences are pretty crazy. Also, there's still that Iron Man flair to the film. Don't let the so-so reviews stop you form watching this movie but don't expect it to be as goos as the last two, because it's not. The writing just isn't as strong as it was in the previous Iron Man films but it's still good.
  5. May 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In general the film is very good, incredible special effects, this film shows that Tony Stark is not iron, but the end left much to be desired, this thing of Aldrich Killian talk that is the Mandarin was not too cool, let alone the Tony take the reactor. Expand
  6. May 13, 2015
    First off, I would like to say that I was surprised by how much Christmas kept coming up in this movie. I'm sure it made more sense and seemed more natural when it first came out, but since I was watching it in a string of Marvel movies in May, it just seemed oddly time-specific compared to most Marvel movies. The conceit of having a bunch of other people use the suits was fun, but IFirst off, I would like to say that I was surprised by how much Christmas kept coming up in this movie. I'm sure it made more sense and seemed more natural when it first came out, but since I was watching it in a string of Marvel movies in May, it just seemed oddly time-specific compared to most Marvel movies. The conceit of having a bunch of other people use the suits was fun, but I don't think it worked that well to carry the movie. I can't think of things that were specifically wrong with this movie compared to the others--it had a lot of the same elements of the other Iron Man movies, but somehow it just didn't add up in the same way. It's still good, and it has the same sassy Tony Stark (seeing him interact with a child was maybe the best part of the movie), but it just wasn't as compelling as the first two in the series. Expand
  7. May 10, 2015
    I don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holes and they actually had everything to not do that. The movie just didn't get worse because the it has top action with excellent visual effects (MarvelI don't like to spend my precious time writing reviews, but this movie sure needs one. It's a shame for a studio that was going so great make a shame like this. They screw most of Iron Man's iconic features, made a movie full of plot holes and they actually had everything to not do that. The movie just didn't get worse because the it has top action with excellent visual effects (Marvel never fails on that) and also got great actors (the villains and Downey Jr are on form). It is a deception Expand
  8. May 2, 2015
    Iron man, what have they done to you! this movie is garbage! the trailer looked so promising but the movie was such a joke! it was so boring from start to finish!
  9. May 1, 2015
    "You can take away my suits, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I am Iron Man." I love this movie, such a great experience to see its end, even that for me it doesn't fit the Avengers: Age of Ultron, I'd like it more if Stark had spent more time being the actual Iron Man, with the suits and stuff. Great movie anyway!
  10. Apr 27, 2015
    In my opinion worst one of the series by far its like they ran out of gas for this series and took a knife to a gunfight. I gave this a 6 because the acting was great the movie was visually stunning at times but the thought of suffering in agony through this movie again is too much. The hardcore marvel fans are going to chew this up and spit it out rightfully so. The only reason for a fairIn my opinion worst one of the series by far its like they ran out of gas for this series and took a knife to a gunfight. I gave this a 6 because the acting was great the movie was visually stunning at times but the thought of suffering in agony through this movie again is too much. The hardcore marvel fans are going to chew this up and spit it out rightfully so. The only reason for a fair 6 like I said I felt it had great casting and at times was awsome but thats it. Expand
  11. Apr 22, 2015
    “When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in the wake of that record-smashing hit. Joss Whedon’s crossover bonanza was designed to replenish the franchises that fed into it, goosing interest in the subsequent solo outings of its respective heroes. That’s a sound business model, but a backfiring entertainment strategy. Here, it’s hard not to wish Downey were sparring with his costumed comrades again, instead of trading barbs with the far-less-colorful cast members—old and new—of this busy, sporadically diverting sequel.

As in Jon Favreau’s dismal Iron Man 2, there’s no shortage of supporting characters hovering around the eponymous mogul-inventor. Although they share second billing, Gwyneth Paltrow (as love interest and business partner Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as the government-sponsored War Machine, re-christened “Iron Patriot” for PR reasons) drift to the margins of the narrative. More prominent are the heavies, dragged in to test the mettle (and metal) of Downey’s saintly yet sardonic billionaire. In a plot turn that recalls the fallen-hero trajectory of The Dark Knight Rises, the minions of a bearded tyrant called the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley, whose hamminess serves a covert purpose) blow Stark’s mansion to smithereens. There’s also a scorned, rat-bastard scientist (Guy Pearce at his oiliest), and a posse of molten-skinned henchmen better suited to an X-Men movie.

New to the field of comic-book spectacles, writer-director Shane Black keeps all of this chaos churning at a breakneck pace. Hints of the filmmaker’s personality poke through the Marvel house style: The bookending narration is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang redux, and only the man who penned Lethal Weapon would think to include a passage in which Cheadle and a de-armored, gun-toting Downey bicker like buddy cops. Black’s most endearing experiment, though, is divorcing Iron Man of his iron. Never is the film livelier than when its hero, stranded in the boonies without access to his toys, has to rely on quick thinking and the kindness of strangers. (Amusing as always in the role, Downey seems to relish his time out of the suit.)

Less successful is the mandatory CGI mayhem, staged more confidently than in the Favreau films, but still borderline incoherent. In two hours and change, Black mounts only one truly spectacular setpiece: the annihilation of Air Force One, and the daring midair rescue of its plummeting passengers. Playful and awe-inspiring, the sequence also doubles as a metaphor for the way Iron Man 3, in its desperate attempts to please, frantically juggles so many characters and crowd-pleasing components. Whedon, a true believer in the medium, made that balancing act look easy. Pity it’ll be another two years, and at least that many interim single-hero installments, before he gets the gang back together.

Very Disappointing
  12. Mar 20, 2015
    Everybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then came 'Iron Man 2' (2010) which was a different story, while not overly terrible...it was simply a mediocre sequel that hadEverybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then came 'Iron Man 2' (2010) which was a different story, while not overly terrible...it was simply a mediocre sequel that had a forgettable villain, and was just filler until 'The Avengers' (2012) was released.

'Iron Man 3' is a film that started off with promise...but after the first hour and maybe a few minutes, it went from a strong 9 to a 6 out of 10.

Robert Downey Jr. does not disappoint as Tony Stark aka "Iron Man", he is building more suits, but for some reason, he's lost his spark. His suits are not the kind of strong, powerful suits that he made in previous films.

Guy Pearce plays a man named Aldrich Killian, a once eager businessman who met Stark back in New Year's Eve 1999, but was turned down and now he plans revenge on him.

Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Pepper Potts, she is concerned for Stark since the events in 'The Avengers' (2012) and he is suffering from constant panic attacks and anxiety issues.

Ben Kingsley tackles the role of the Mandarin, one of Iron Man's biggest enemies, anyone who has read the comic books will know.

My issue with this movie is the villain, without spoiling too much, Ben Kingsley is criminally underused as the Mandarin. Plus, that unsuspected twist was absolutely unnecessary.

It feels like Marvel knew that everybody was going to see this movie after how big 'The Avengers' (2012) was. It seems like they only care for box-office openings, so they can do whatever they want to the story and not care because this movie will do well in the box-office.

I felt like an idiot for seeing this movie, but the only good things in it was the action, they're still as dazzling as ever and Downey Jr. never fails to please the fans.

Overall, I've seen this movie a couple of times, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's not one I'll be watching more times in the future.
  13. Mar 13, 2015
    It was a good movie with impressive special effects but lacked serious potential towards one of Iron Man's main supervillains. Hopefully, Marvel will bring the Mandarin back with his powerful rings in either the next Avenger's film or Iron Man 4.
  14. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Heavy Boots of Lead

As Tony Stark points out rather tellingly, "All nuance went out the window when the God with a hammer fell from the sky," or something to that effect. At least the writers and filmmakers knew they were going too far, pulling out all the stops, distracting us from the head- scratching plot by cramming Part Three with dizzying twists and out-of- nowhere characters and situations, all while flooding our senses with overcooked CGI and headache-inducing sound FX, and packing in so much smart-Alec dialogue that everyone started to sound like RD Jr.. Obligatory overkill.

"So you can breathe fire?" Cheadle asks the real Mandarin. Yes, but apparently only once. You get an all-you-can-stomach smorgasbord of one-of-everything. You're senses will be subdued--overwhelmed--it's impossible to be bored, you get your money's worth of manic sights and pounding sounds. So why is it ultimately so unsatisfying? Since when is way too much not enough? This is the cinematic equivalent to over- indulging in franchised junk food. CGI obesity. High carb thrills. They'll soon have to supply cinemas with vomit bags.

Still, I prefer Iron-Over-the-Top-Man better than Super-Off-the-Charts- Man. But I don't think anyone really knows how to pull off a well-rounded CGI-based movie yet. Well, there's always Avengers 2015 when Joss Whelon re-calibrates the signal-to-noise ratio, and hopefully restores some of the nuance needed to offset the onslaught of mindless action and sarcastic dialogue. Failing that, we can always hope for James Cameron's Aquaman.

"You can save only one, the President or Pepper Potts," Stark is informed. Wait! You're telling me they're not the same person? Nothing else was too ludicrous to pass up.
  15. Jan 7, 2015
    The villain of the story the Mandarin was disappointing and as far as superhero movies go this is in my top 5 biggest let downs. He was trying to fix his Iron Man suit more than he was in it. I give this a miserable 4 out of 10
  16. Dec 22, 2014
    Fun,Hilarious and delightful Iron Man 3 is still a good film despite of too many criticism.The Twist of the mandarin may pissed by comic fanboys but some may found it funny.Robert Downey Jr. Is Back Being Tony Stark/Iron Man,he still delivers what we love of the character.
  17. Dec 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I was a bit afraid when Jon Favreau stepped off the project of Iron Man 3 since his 2 films were so good. I was afraid that this movie would bomb with a director like Shane Black. But man was I wrong! The movie definitely has a different tone to it I like the darker looking visuals and the increased amounts of humor to offset the struggles of Tony Stark as he tries to fight the "Mandarin." Iron Man 3 is definitely a slight improvement over Iron Man 2. 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  18. Dec 13, 2014
    I find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential of the loveable protagonist. The first film saw progression in Tony Stark's character and the second introduced a villain of interest. The third finds itI find solace when I look back on the first Iron Man film. However the same cannot be said for Iron Man 3. It is slick and humorous as you'd expect, but the third instalment is too hung up on a serious threat and less so on the potential of the loveable protagonist. The first film saw progression in Tony Stark's character and the second introduced a villain of interest. The third finds it hard to add anything interesting to the franchise and that is the main issue. The story is far too cataclysmic for my liking and makes for a humble ending to the trilogy. Expand
  19. Dec 7, 2014
    This is an awesome movie filled with lots of action. Probably one of the best action movies I have seen. This is highly recommended if you love superhero and action movies.
  20. Dec 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 3 (2013) *SPOILERS*

"Iron Man 3" is the movie that starts out the Phase 2 of Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while there's some questionably flawed elements, this film is wittily made and nicely acted. Sure, there was some stupid things like the real Mandarin being the nerdy guy Tony met on the elevator. Sure, they could have used Ben Kingsley – a fantastic actor by the way – as the real villain, which would’ve been incredible and would’ve make the film even more epic. But surprisingly enough, “Iron Man 3” is still good in its own right. It’s not as refined as some Marvel movies are, but it’s visually impressive and its main lead still holds that charm we liked in the first two Iron Man films. Director Jon Favreau was replaced by Shane Black, but still remained as a producer and as the character Happy.

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Well, many people say that the clothes make the man, but what makes these series so rewarding is the man inside the suit: Robert Downey Jr. He is, once again, fantastic. Perhaps one of the coolest super-heroes in contemporary cinema and I would be very surprise if in the future someone will top him. As for the rest of the cast, Guy Pearce surely makes for a compelling villain. Even though I was expecting Trevor to be the real villain, Pearce’s character still makes up for that. Gwyneth Paltrow also returns as the love interest of Tony Stark and Don Cheadle appears once again as “Iron Patriot”. Really? “War Machine” sounds so much better. Apparently he changed it because War Machine was a little belligerent. Some antagonists in movies are way over-the-top, so if there’s something that this movie needs credit for, it’s the villain. Now, let’s talk about the Mandarin plot twist. The Mandarin plot twist ah… my god, is so **** stupid. When I saw the trailers for Iron Man 3 back in 2013, I was expecting something intense and dark, because THE TRAILERS LOOKED INTENSE AND DARK, but yeah… I never should trust the trailers or clips or whatever. As I was saying, I expected something out of that darkness, and it just pained me to see the real Mandarin being a nerd, and the fake one being a comedic actor. How exciting. I mean, how **** stupid is this? I’m disappointed about this and note, I rarely even read comic books.

The action scenes are utterly entertaining. Everything from the Malibu Mansion attack to the oil tanker battle is phenomenal. It is amazing. Trust me, it’s really good, and I dare to say that it’s even better than the first two Iron Man films. It’s so good. When Iron Man was rescuing those people when the plane exploded, I thought he was not going to make it, but man, he did make it. My friend complained exactly about that. He said that “Ah, Iron Man is not Superman. He can’t do that”. He’s an opinionated person, so I sometimes don’t take him seriously. What I thought it was odd in that sequence… you know, too stupid, was the fact that everyone who landed on the water knew how to swim. How convenient. The best fight in the whole movie is between Tony and Killian and this particular battle could positively explain why the fights in Marvel movies are so damn good.

Although I really left the theaters satisfied, I’m not looking forward to an Iron Man 4. We need to see new characters, new story arcs and new easter eggs. Thank God that some weeks ago, it has been announced some new movies in Marvel canon, and doesn’t include Iron Man films. I’m not saying that Iron Man is a crappy character, no, I think he’s a pretty good super-hero, but we do need some new stuff because this sh*t is getting repetitive.

Final Score to Iron Man 3: 7/10. This sequel is an improvement over its predecessor and while it’s not as refined as the very first installment, “Iron Man 3” still has style, charisma and the action sequences are purely entertaining. This was an appropriate follow-up to The Avengers, which – like I said in my review – was fantastic. If you’re an Iron Man fanatic, you will love this flick and probably a good chunk of it. And even if you’re a person who goes frequently to the movies, you won’t be left unsatisfied. Now, let’s review the disappointing one: Thor 2.
  21. Nov 13, 2014
    Better than mediocrity in film form, aka Iron Man 2, this Iron Man continues with Iron Man's developed personality and develops it further. It introduces new plot elements, and actually has the promised action. Though Robert Downey Jr. himself was disappointed with the film, it is worth seeing, even though it is filled to the brim with plot-holes.
  22. Nov 13, 2014
    "Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

"Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: As expected, Downey, Jr showed once again why he was born to play Tony Stark. Paltrow and Cheadle nailed their respective roles once more, and newcomers Kingsley and Pearce put in their usual great performances. The effects were top notch and the storyline, based on the popular "Extremis" arc in the comics, was a great idea. The final battle was extremely well done and some of the new ways that the armor(s) were used was very creative.

The Bad: However, the villains left me more than little underwhelmed, despite the great performances from the actors involved. There was also a little too much wit and humor that at times felt out of place. I also wish that Stark had utilized the armor more as the scenes with him in Iron Man mode were too few and too short. Lastly, as a comic book nerd and a huge fan of Mandarin, I was not a fan of his portrayal. I don't want to ruin it for those who have not seen it, but I really wish that he had been as advertised.
  23. Nov 8, 2014
    An entertaining addition to the Marvel canon, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted final act.
  24. Oct 23, 2014
    Iron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving himIron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving him there. Years later after the events of "The Avengers" Tony is a changed man, no longer just as the hero protecting America from terrorists but now frantically building suits trying to keep the ones he cares about safe after going through a wormhole and learning that there is a big and dangerous universe out there. Shane Black directs a good popcorn flick here taking over from Jon Favreau who directed the first two movies, and in terms of story this is much better than Iron Man 2. If you love seeing Tony Stark chew scenery for two hours you'll enjoy this. Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2014
    Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on hisIron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Expand
  26. Sep 5, 2014
    Weak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only onWeak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only on action, who dont think at all watching movie. I say again, it is not bad, just not for everyone. By the way, as I understood this movie was last of Iron Man series, at least I hope so, despite my love to Iron Man and other Marvel characters. Expand
  27. Aug 24, 2014
    Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion. You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The
    Seen this twice now.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
  28. Aug 11, 2014
    This ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creatingThis ranks up there with one of the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen. Id rather watch some of marvel's early failures like Daredevil and even the fantastic four series than this garbage. Pretty much it all hinges on wether you think it was funny that an Iron Man staple villian is used as a big punchline on punking the audience. This comes in Marvels ineptude of creating good villians, something that I feel most DC movies have a one up on them. I felt like walking out of this one as I waiting for some great scenes with a great actor playing an interesting villian, instead you are treated to is a monty python type comedy sketch that goes on way to long. The rest of the movie didnt really matter to me cause I start to not take any of it seriously. Expand
  29. Aug 9, 2014
    Not bad for an "Iron Man" film, but a bit pointless. What is the purpose of this film anyway? To simply catch the eye and make you laugh? A great disappointment should you think about "The Avengers". What "Iron Man" lacks is a message to its audience, that other films deliver, but, in any case, every film in the MCU has its own unique style, and this the "Iron Man" style. Enjoyable, butNot bad for an "Iron Man" film, but a bit pointless. What is the purpose of this film anyway? To simply catch the eye and make you laugh? A great disappointment should you think about "The Avengers". What "Iron Man" lacks is a message to its audience, that other films deliver, but, in any case, every film in the MCU has its own unique style, and this the "Iron Man" style. Enjoyable, but far from decent action flick. Expand
  30. Aug 8, 2014
    My least favourite MCU Film. As usual the best aspect of this movie is Robert Downey Jr., he does and has always done a great job as Iron Man, but the film did not feel cohesive and often felt dull for the most part. This was a lot more character driven than previous films, which is by no means a problem but with the lack of underdeveloped villains, it really does not balance it out.
  31. Jul 30, 2014
    The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
  32. Jul 8, 2014
    definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
  33. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH . . . no. No, Shane Black and Robert Downey, I didn't find this 130-minute over budget inside joke between you two hilarious. No, I did not find Downey's excessive jazz hands in order to summon his armor hilarious. Were those really necessary or some signal towards the so-called illuminati? Either way, you looked like you were speaking in sign language to your boyfriend Shane. No, I did not appreciate Downey attempting to turn this film into Iron Man: Tropic Thunder. The only good thing about this film was the "House Party" protocol. Otherwise, shane and robert went full retard on this one. Expand
  34. May 25, 2014
    Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't takeOk so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
  35. May 4, 2014
    Iron man fans should feel cheated and so should audiences. The trailer made this movie look very adult and mature only to see the film and realize its the complete opposite. Its a very boring movie that takes characters and ruins them. Sorry Tony, maybe your solo film days are done...
  36. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally, I said this movie was "awesome", completely ignoring the fact that it disappointed all the true to heart fans when it came out. Looking at it now, I can see the mediocrity in it. First off, SPOILER WARNING!
    I will be going through this film beginning to end, both from the eyes of me and a major fan boy. Iron man 2 was one of the BIGGEST disappointments from marvel I've seen yet, and I think a comic fan boy could agree. I want to go over why Iron Man 2 sucked so damn much, but this is NOT a review for that movie so lets get on with this crap. First off, the Mandarin is not really the Mandarin. Now, through my perspective, as someone who hasn't really read any of the comics, I don't care! But from a fan boy's perspective this was another total shame on marvel's part, I mean they are damned marvel after all, so why would they do this to us? The mandarin is later revealed to be some asshat with some type of flame power, who... wants revenge after Tony ditched him years ago? WHAT?!? To be honest I kinda liked tony's new powers, and while I didn't like the newcomer in the 2nd film, I felt my blood rush a little when the president was forced into the suit, to the fans, once again I can see the facepalm induced by this from the original fan boys. As for Stan Lee's cameo... :D if there's ONE thing I love about the Marvel movies its seeing a silly good ol' cameo from Stan Lee. The trailers made it look like this movie was going to be all about protecting Pepper or whatever her name is (at least from my perspective), and what did I find out about this when I actually saw it? It had nearly nothing to do about protecting her!
    Here are some serious grudges I had with this entry 1) Less of iron man, more like regular man
    2) before the suit could stay on for hours, why it can run out of batteries in this entree way before it did in its predecessors... I DON'T KNOW. 3) Tony loses his heart-thing in the end and 4) in the VERY end of the film Tony says something like "...I am iron man", even though he loses his powers, and while this is a nice ending line, it leaves little confusion to whether a 4th iron man will be made.

MY FINAL SCORE IS: 5 out of 10
    THE FANBOY'S SCORE: 3.9 out of 10

PROS
    -Nice action scenes
    -Still a little better than iron man 2

CONS
    -Stays the hell away from the comic books that formed the story of iron man
    -No real mandarin.. THIS WAS TONYS WORST ENEMY!
    -Less iron man, more regular man
    -Leaves some confusion on ending line
  37. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
  38. Apr 20, 2014
    iron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey playediron man 3 is a good movie, mainly due to great action scenes. the plot and characters are good, except for an incredible amount of disappointment towards the mandarin. there's more comedy in this one, and sometimes feels like it leans too much towards comedy. the action, especially the final fight is great. my biggest problem, besides the mandarin, is how little of a part Rhodey played in the film. Expand
  39. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 is another fantastic film from Marvel Studios, It's a good way to end the trilogy. The original Iron Man movie is great, Iron Man 2 was not that great, The Avengers was revolutionary and this is also great. Overall it had some great action and some good story elements in it. I really wish people would not be so hateful to this movie just because of how much they hated that plot twist with the Mandarin, even though I didn't care, I mean I guess it was pretty stupid but I am not going to judge the movie by that one point. That wasn't even the worst part about this movie, I say probably the worst thing in this film is the fact that this felt more like "Tony Stark: The Movie" than a new Iron Man movie, I mean why not have more Iron Man in it. However the story was still good and it even has a bit of funny and enjoyable moments. If you can survive that plot twist that insulted many Comic Book fans, I think you will enjoy this movie. Expand
  40. Feb 16, 2014
    If your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. SurprisinglyIf your a fan of the Iron Man comics, or just Marvel comics in general, don't see Iron Man 3. You'll probably rage and kill somebody (I won't explain why because of spoilers). The rest of you, you're in for a damn good film! Something that the Iron Man films do brilliantly is great acting and casting. Well I'm happy to report that this film does both with excellence and flair. Surprisingly no one actor feels better than the other, creating a strong realism, especially in dramatic scenes. Like most Marvel movies the action is amazing and varied. One scene you'll see Tony without his suit, fighting super powered beings using only his intellect, and the next you'll see a pulse pounding air born rescue. However, the biggest thing I like about the action is how much there is. There's not to little ( like in Superman Returns ) and there's not to much ( like in Revenge of the Sith ). This leaves room for a fantastic story... That is until it hits the half way mark. The film brings in a twist, that it thinks is so clever, but just end up being stupid, and a slap in the face to all comic fans! This poor choice gets rid of an awesome, dark villain, The Mandarin, and replaces him with a poorly written villain that's generic as hell! Then when the story gets back on track, it introduces an awful ending that feels so rushed. In addition to this, this film has so many mistakes it's almost laughable! And its a shame because Shane Black's directing talent really shows. The camera feels organic and never out of place. If the fanboy inside of me was reviewing this, I would give it a 0. But because it's such a good film in its own right, I can't do that. Expand
  41. Feb 3, 2014
    电影充满故事和幽默,但导演将基调弄得黑暗又和这种幽默格格不入,其它水准把握还算不错,特效不错,最后得大战控制得不够到位,反派的设定很不讨喜,令人失望。
  42. Feb 1, 2014
    La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película.
  43. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
  44. Jan 28, 2014
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
  45. Jan 12, 2014
    After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of senseAfter the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
  46. Jan 11, 2014
    I was thoroughly entertained. Enjoyed the story, but the middle of the movie was a bit slow. There is some good character development with Tony. Possibly one of the best third entries in a series of all time, if that can be said.
  47. Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never showAnyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
  48. Jan 6, 2014
    Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia
  49. Jan 3, 2014
    Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
  50. Dec 31, 2013
    Just overly not what I'm looking for out of a Marvel movie and I was really let down with the plot of this one. It felt extremely rushed and that no focus was put on this movie.
  51. Dec 29, 2013
    If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns himIf you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is the best of the franchise, due largely in part to an unforgettable twist about halfway through, and a finale that is spectacular in every sense of the word.
  53. Dec 22, 2013
    Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one,Ok, this is not so good than the first one, but neither is so bad than the second one. I think it is a good movie, with comedy and action. I really like it, of curse The Mandarin was a terrible deception, Extremis isn't the same thing like the comic, but, this is not a movie for a comic Fans, this is a movie for Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans, and I think it's better than the second one, but no like the first one. Expand
  54. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
  55. Dec 21, 2013
    Almost perfect.Although I didn't like the ending, because it looks like there won't be Iron Man 4 :(
    Otherwise it's a nice movie, with great cast and super, astonishing visual and sound effects.
  56. Dec 17, 2013
    This trilogy of Iron Man is great, the last and recent Iron Man movie was not as good as the first two, it has nice special affects (as usual) and also is well created but the whole point is that the movie did not need to be made it was just a finale of the first two, but overall it was a decent movie.
  57. Dec 15, 2013
    It's unpleasant, irritating, has ridiculous moments. I feel like I had spit in her face, I cheated with the entry. That bastard sos Disney. Bastards people!
  58. Dec 10, 2013
    Lousy movie, it will fall with such a silly little comedy and ridiculous that I was ashamed, and the decision has no forgiveness Mandarin. It is truly a waste.
  59. Dec 10, 2013
    Terriblemente mala, terriblemente ridícula, una decepción total. Lo del mandarin fue lamentable pero en lo principal del por que es mala es por un exceso de comedia impresionante.
  60. Dec 8, 2013
    Lousy god, humorously goofy child. Slowly destroying the movie goes and turns in the show Tony Stark. Well this movie is extremely bad, rubbish and certainly the worst of the 3.
  61. Nov 29, 2013
    That movie so bad, not only the choice of Mandarin, but the whole movie is a mess, is ridiculous and stupid moments with silly humor unfunny. This between 5 Worst Movies of 2013.
  62. Nov 28, 2013
    Best one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" thenBest one of the Iron Man series actually a lot better than I expected. Not at all deserving of these low scores (these folks must be looking for something else). It's a super-hero movie, okay? Lighten up, already. It's got some good catchy action stuff with bits of romance and drama in between. If you like superhero genre films, you will not be disappointed. But if you expect "more" then save your bucks and take a film appreciation class and go see some 'real' film. Expand
  63. Nov 28, 2013
    A light, kid-friendly adaptation, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted plot twist at the end.
  64. Nov 27, 2013
    This a far superior sequel to Iron Man 2. This film is reminiscent of action films from the 1980s and 90s, with its Lethal Weapon 2 like ending and originality of interpreting characters from the original comic book source.
  65. Nov 23, 2013
    Meh. This movie started good, I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't. The first hour or so was really interesting, i liked Tony Starks panic attacks. Then, the second part..... They over did the humor and ruined the movie.
  66. Nov 20, 2013
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3** * The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it
    Combination Of Dark Humor & House Party Protocol !!

**Iron Man 3**

* The movie is certainly dark in nature but it exhibits humor excitement and good entertainment this movie swims in the theme of darkness to provide excitement and adventure This film is not only based on action but also in deep emotions and flashing humor which dazzles in screen play considering its theme it feels like eating a dark chocolate with fruits on it The screen play focus in such way that the characters are not misplaced in any events .Each and every characters were essential in this movie to their correct attributes If they are not given those things confusion and mistakes takes place. The story revolves around tony stark the hero of this film .His lead is one of the factor that drive this movie entertaining .His character displays an amount of performance and charm which exceeds the performance of others characters .The entire credit goes to Robert Downey Jr he is a remarkable actor with such an excellent performance in full filling his role with out leaving any mark Not only lead character is good but also other characters such as Colonel James Rhodes, Maya Hansen & Pepper Potts they given such a delightful performance in full filling their role. Also characters regarding Aldrich Killian & The Mandarin these characters were well developed and very well performed by Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley they were remarkable in their respective roles Director and screenplay writer shane black did wonderful performance in screen play and also in character development *Action sequence and visual effects are fantastic. *Overall this film is excellent its sparkles with humor & excitement with all possible fireworks !.

Iron Man 3 :*******

(7/10) Stars
  67. Nov 19, 2013
    Mediocre at best, especially when seen as a follow-up to Avengers. Other than constantly mentioning the events in NY, this movie consistently ignores the existence of everything else in the MCU. Where is SHIELD when AIM is posing a massive terrorist threat to the world with Extremis and other programs? Why didnt Stark call SHIELD or anyone else, like Cap, for help during the movie?

And

And it drags on and on in the middle as Tony spends faaar too much time outside the suit. I didnt mind the plot twist with the villain though the ending was completely moronic. There was no reason to destroy all of his suits when he's just gonna rebuild them for Avengers 2.
  68. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doomIron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
  69. Nov 15, 2013
    so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
    and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
    and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ? and you have a
    and you have a terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
    and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
    just stop this series already.
  70. Nov 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is a excellent movie. Its darker than previous movie. Robert Downey Jr. is as charismatic as ever. Special effects are higher than previous film.
  71. Nov 10, 2013
    An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor.
  72. Nov 10, 2013
    A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible predicted scenes and terrible acting.
  73. Nov 9, 2013
    Iron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. IIron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. I have a feeling Disney is interfering too much in the production process now. I hope this does not carry over to the upcoming Star Wars movies or I will not be watching those as well.

We need character depth and devolpement. Fast paced action is for Michael Bay teeny bopper fans. Blah. Waste of money.
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    Watching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that theWatching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that the Mandarin wasn't "real but even with all of Tony's suits, I still feel as if there wasn't enough Iron Man action. The jokes and comedy were OK. For me this is a sad and frustrating over-rated film. I also thought the ending was stupid. Seriously, Pepper (looking weird in only a bra and yoga pants, and glowing red) defeats the Killian?

If you like this review, read my other work on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and videogames and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie has the whole pack: comedy, action, plot, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it spreads too thin and a lot of it is felt forced (particularly the excessive jokes).
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the many who was disappointed in the mandarin plot twist. What I am most disappointed in is the fact that they cant use him as an enemy of the avengers. He would have been a good one. But back to Iron Man. The movie's action was awesome. It's humor was done appropriately and well (like all Marvel films). All of the good guys were well developed and didn't stray too far from character. I wasn't the huge fan of the ending. Mainly the part where he threw the arc reactor, that was in his chest, in the ocean. It didn't have anything to do with the plot or Stark's self conflict and felt it was thrown in. Overall good flick. Still a fan of Iron Man and will be disappointed if Downey Jr quits Tony. Expand
  77. Nov 4, 2013
    Perhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have as much playboy antics as its predecessors.
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman 2 was an entertaining movie that failed to live up to its predecessor. Ironman 3 is a slap to the face. Most of the movie chronicles the adventures of Tony Stark, who has set aside his intellect and technological mastery in favor of idiocy and laughable ineptness. What was once an invincible piece of machinery becomes a joke, continuously malfunctioning, and being destroyed by anything that touches it. But that's just the parts where Stark is actually IN a suit. For most of the movie, typically for no good reason, Tony Stark is running around with a handgun. This is like watching a spiderman movie where he only shoots web in one scene. Or a Superman movie where he doesn't fly. The "amazing plot twist" was easy to see coming, and left us with a villain who is entirely bland. Pepper Potts steals the show by beinf better at using Ironman's armor than Ironman himself. The president is caged up in War Machine's armor for reasons never revealed. And Tonys decides the best way to fight a man made of magma is a fistfight. Its not until pepper gets the suit that she decides to fire a missle and easily defeat the big bad guy. Are you kidding me? Expand
  79. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. kinda a letdown horrible humor twist was good but Aldrich Killian was a crappy villain except for his unique plan RDJ is amazing but the nonstop jokes and no real drama kinda makes this not as good as the 1st but a bit better than the 2nd Expand
  80. Oct 27, 2013
    the best iron man movie and also one of the best movies of the year...... every inches of the movie is enjoyable, breathtaking and thrilling. the twists in the story are awesome. i don't know why a few people don't like the movie!!!!!!!!!
  81. Oct 19, 2013
    This is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. IThis is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. I mean this is just stupid. Iron Man sucks! marvel is going down the drain. Expand
  82. Oct 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never before have I felt so cheated by a movie like Iron Man 3. The film is a colossal failure in my books and could arguably be my worst superhero movie of all time; that doesn't mean to say it isn't good in some parts.

SPOILERS

The first act itself is a great piece of cinema and gave what the trailer promised; easily the best part of the movie. It showed a much more stellar and well paced point in the movie that I myself actually applauded at, especially the scene where the helicopters blow up the house; but even the first act had flaws. For example, WHY DID HE GIVE THE MANDARIN HIS HOME ADDRESS??!! or how about WHY DOESN'T HE ACTIVATE THE 40 OTHER IRON MAN SUITS THAT ARE IN HIS BASEMENT WHEN THE HOUSE IS BEING ATTACKED??!! GOD!!!! But I digress, the first act was fantastic and really stood out to me promising more as the film went on.

And then it started to deteriorate with the second act, and who do I blame for this? That god damn kid! He had no other involvement in the second act other than to anger me to my boiling point! I know that Shane Black probably wanted a more child atmosphere to it but you didn't have to make him that annoying. All he does is piss Tony off, causes him an anxiety attack and then gets captured....WHAT?! This kid was one of the major hiccups in the film.

However, the biggest hiccup was the Mandarin himself; yeah you all knew I'd mention this. The Mandarin was the biggest and best feature about the trailers that were shown, he looked menacing, he looked frightening! This to me screamed: MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Sure his alien rings were gone but he still became a threat in the story and you could sense his presence. And then you get to his mansion and you meet him and......who the f*ck is this? The Mandarin was a phony! He was an actor! BEN KINGSLEY WAS PLAYING HIMSELF IN THIS MOVIE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL, SHANE BLACK???!!! This made me infuriated that if my girlfriend wasn't with me at the time, I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE THEATER!!! What was he thinking, did he just wake up one day and say: "I don't care about The Mandarin now, let's make him into A GOD DAMN JOKE!!" For me this is what ruined the movie for me, it was just so ridiculous and so insulting to any comic book fan who had detailed knowledge of the character.

And speaking of insults, the ending is just ridiculous. To sum it up in short words: Killian is the "Mandarin", Pepper kills Killian, Tony explodes all the Iron Man suits and gets the shrapnel out of his heart claiming he is a "changed man". That is the worst ending ever....THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!

To sum it up in one word I would say "MESS", it is downright insulting to the comics, it's characters are bland at most points, it's development is pathetic and I hate it. The only good points that deserve the 2 points go to 2 separate things.
    1. The acting is spot on and Robert Downey Jr nails it as Stark much like he has done in the past films. There is not one actor who is off in this film and that is fantastic to see.
    And 2. The first act is mind blowing, it's what the trailers showed and that's what made me gravitate towards the film at first, even if it has flaws now and again. Truly great cinematography.

But is this film worth watching? I'd say yes, it's still an Iron Man movie and every movie with Iron Man in is usually a blast to sit through. It doesn't save it from my experience but maybe you'll find something better in that steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Pros:
    +Acting is great
    +Downey Jr nails it
    +First act of movie is amazing!

Cons:
    -THE MANDARIN TWIST
    -Act 2 and 3
    -Insulting and badly paced as the movie went on

VERDICT
  83. Oct 16, 2013
    it is the biggest disappointment of a movie superheroes marvel,I can even have a little fun but still they do not take the film too seriously,too bad for marvel
  84. Oct 14, 2013
    Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyableAnother excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    Unfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written beUnfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written be to many different people with conflicting ideas, and was a product of that. I still have high hopes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like the beginning of the end for me as a fan of this series. Expand
  86. Oct 10, 2013
    A bit boring if you ask me, Iron Man 1 was amazing, Iron Man 2 was good and Iron Man 3 starts to feel like a money making racket. That being said, in isolation the film is worth a watch and is a nice superhero romp with lots of shiny special effects that manages to entertain. 7/10
  87. Oct 8, 2013
    This is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took theThis is the best of the 3 Iron Man's. You really should watch the 1 and Avenger's first to full appreciate Tony Starks transformation from to panicking. Robert Downey does another great job, which is good given that he is outside the iron suit more than inside. It will be a shame when someone else wears the suit. Without spoiling, I liked the different direction Shane Black took the Extremis story arc to appeal to a mass audience. It just made more sense. The blu-ray is packed with your typical blu-ray extras so no surprise there. Bottomline: a must see and own for even mild super hero movie fans. Expand
  88. Oct 6, 2013
    I was sadly disappointed by Iron Man 3. Maybe because I was expecting too much out of it. I didn't get as much Tony sass I as hoped for. I just felt like it was missing something along the way. I did still enjoy Iron Man 3. I liked how it tied back to The Avengers. I could have been much better, but it still could have been worse.
  89. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a movie watcher, I enjoyed Iron Man 3. It is action packed, it's pretty, RDJ as Iron Man/Tony Stark is as always one of the best casting decisions for any comic book adaptation ever.

But as a fan of the comic books, I feel disgusted and betrayed. The Mandarin, and Extremis- two of the best things to ever happen in the Iron Man universe- aren't even shadows of what they were in the comics. They're completely unrelated to their comic book source material, in fact. Ugh. I held off watching the movie, avoided seeing it in theaters, because I knew the Mandarin couldn't be handled properly in our politically correct world, and I disliked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Even though the trailer seemed to imply he'd be imposing and bring to the role his usual mastery.

The trailer was an outright lie. This movie took THE Iron Man villain, and made him a fraud. It showed the ten rings, for all of a second, and they turned out to be props. So awful. So disgusted, I want not just my money back, I want my time back. The Mandarin was one of Iron Man's most formidable enemies, and this movie made him a fake, played by "a stage actor" who's got a British accent and a recreational drug problem. REALLY?!?!

And Extremis. Let's talk about Extremis, one of my all time favorite story arcs and I have literally read almost all of them. This movie was written by someone who'd heard the word and thought it was a good idea. Aside from the fact that Extremis is unstable and can aid regeneration, nothing from the original masterpiece storyline remains. So if you watched Iron Man 3 looking forward to seeing the Mandarin's ten rings and the suit of armor Tony built into himself, you're out of luck.

Despite the fact that those two things are what the words "Mandarin" and "Extremis" promise.

This is by far the worst mainstream comic book adaptation. I wanted to love it. I really did. If they had called the Mandarin literally ANYTHING else, it would not have altered the storyline one iota, and yet they had to use "Mandarin"? WHY?! Same goes for Extremis, for that matter. If the serum had been called it would not have altered the storyline one iota.

It's like Shane Black and the other mongoloids who are responsible for this storyline WANTED to piss off fans. It's like they specifically made these choices in the writing of this film to piss on the greatest Iron Man villain and one of the greatest Iron Man storylines of 50 YEARS of the character's history.

While writing this review I have gotten even more angry than I was already, and the score dropped from a 5 to a 0, because the more I think about it, the more I realize that there is no reason for this shameless butchering of canon. Pathetic attempt to sell a comic book movie by someone who has no love and no concern for the comic book. Bottom line if you're looking to enjoy an action movie with Iron man, watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 or the Avengers. Don't give Shane Black a dime of your money, and don't waste your time. I could pick apart why this movie doesn't deserve a solid rating, but the real reason boils down to the fact that the movie's creators pissed on their fans so thoroughly and shamelessly.
  90. Sep 30, 2013
    This movie was extremely mediocre. Tony seems somehow way less intelligent than what he used to be and they had to throw some annoying kid into the movie as well for no real reason. I't just left a bad taste in my mouth after watching the whole trilogy.
  91. BKM
    Sep 29, 2013
    The third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait forThe third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait for the next Avengers movie. Expand
  92. Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. terrible with blaring mistakes. the scene where tony meets the boy in his garage for the first time, the boy quickly realizes who tony is, showing him a newspaper saying that the world thinks he is dead. at the end of that scene the boy asks who he is. anyway the movie sucked. 1 out of 10, the 1 goes to Kingsly Expand
  93. Sep 27, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was more funny than action packed, their was hardly any scenes with iron man in them. It is a good movie but i felt that it could have been way better.
  94. Sep 26, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personalityIron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personality with this pointless anxiety quirck. The FX was stupid and seemed to be thrown in to patch the poorly written and conceived script. The Mandarin character could have neen developed into something great in the hands of a capable writer and director: instead it is willfully forgettable. Awful, awful awful from every perspective that made Iron Man 1 and 2 so great. I am sorry for the great talent in this film which was mismanaged. I wish I could have previewed it and not bought the blu ray, which I thankfully got at a big release discount, but I think anything over $2.99 for. The blu ray is a rip off. Expand
  95. Sep 26, 2013
    After two iterations of the series and the Avengers collective effort, most of us who have paid attention thus far more or less knew what to expect from Iron Man 3. Namely, outstanding special effects coupled with heavy doses of Robert Downey Jr's sarcastic one-liners and playful interactions with his supporting cast. Here, Iron Man 3 does not disappoint. However, after so many examples ofAfter two iterations of the series and the Avengers collective effort, most of us who have paid attention thus far more or less knew what to expect from Iron Man 3. Namely, outstanding special effects coupled with heavy doses of Robert Downey Jr's sarcastic one-liners and playful interactions with his supporting cast. Here, Iron Man 3 does not disappoint. However, after so many examples of Tony Stark and his exploits to draw from, this particular batch seems stale in comparison.

I cannot find fault in the plot, despite my lack of comic-book knowledge and the incredible amount of animosity that crowd has towards the inconsistencies and utter lack of translation taking place between particular characters and events. Things unfold at a rapid pace, and even though you have a good feeling regarding how things will all turn out favoring Stark, there are moments where the film remembers (as the original Iron Man did) to remind the audience of his humanity. The standard cast of supporting actors returns, but Ben Kingsley adds some truly unexpected...things...to the film. No spoilers here, I assure you, but his presence is appreciated by this viewer.

So, what's to blame for the disappointment? Simple comparison, of course, and its unavoidable after four films based solely (or largely) on Stark/Iron Man. It entertains, but it also leaves a sour taste in the mouth. The closing line of the credits, "Tony Stark Will Return", is about a 50/50 proposition; we all know the Avengers 2 is coming, but Iron Man 4? Something tells me this is as far as they can (or should) take the series. Something also tells me they won't stop, and continuing to cast the light on Iron Man may end up making the entire franchise (which has been mostly stellar, in my opinion) poorer for it.
  96. Sep 23, 2013
    My review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simpleMy review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simple movies when it comes to the script, there´s no heart in the characters, the love interest is totally bland, no strong villains and I could go on. I did not mind the Mandarin surprise, that is not the reason why this movie is average. And no amount of hype, budged and big box office success can change that. So many comic book movies superior to this out there. Expand
  97. Sep 23, 2013
    The worst movie from Marvel Studios yet! What a cop out with the Mandarin. Never have I witnessed a movie in the theater where people were booing at the end instead of clapping.
  98. Sep 23, 2013
    The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.

Film contains too much action, no real emotions or anything.
  99. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3, the beginning of the Marvel Phase 2, and wow, the movie is extremely... disappointing. The story sounds great, but the problem is the development, is really terrible, all the movie has much comedy moments that are irritating (Disney? Maybe?), and yes, this problem comes from its predecesor "The Avengers", the 85% of the movie is comedy, the rest serious and pathetic moments. The cast is amazing, the problem is the poor evolution of the main characters in the 3 movies, much of the characters feel wasted, and finally the script, is really terrible, as I said previously the 85% of the movie is comedy. The only good of Iron Man 3 are the effects, are amazing, and the performance of Robert Downey Jr., the rest is terrible. Iron Man 3 is a big deception. Expand
  100. Sep 19, 2013
    I hate this movie is such a boring, overrated piece of ever made and the worst superhero film since Batman& Robin they ruined the mandarin who are suppose to be the greatest villains and the portrayed as idiots

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.