8.2

1. Sep 15, 2011
    The action and humor is amazingly strong and unnecessary to prove the movie that its worth more than the others; in the end, "Iron Man" is just a decent summer blockbuster.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    the plot of the whole movie could fit in 30 minutes, followed by some real action for the next hour or so. unfortunately, instead the 30 minutes plot fills 2 hours and makes for a very boring movie. good for kids below the age of 16 i would say.
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    This is Robert Downey JR's film. He is Iron Man and he is the thing that propels the film ok comic book film, to great comic book movie. Definitely watch this movie, especially if you want to get the most out of watching the avengers.
  4. Aug 19, 2012
    It's an origin story minus the boredom. There's a whole lot of action, drama and humor that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Intensely exciting, you can't keep your eyes off the screen because any moment, something intriguing may unfold. Great script, great director, great actors, what more can you ask for?
  5. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau made some great effort in making this superhero epic hit with some talentive acting from Robert Downey Jr.
  6. Dec 23, 2012
    I don't see what's so great about this film. Little to no action, very cheesey and predictable, almost no plot at all and very eventless. Some OK parts but on the whole, a waste of time.
  7. Jan 17, 2013
    One of the best superhero movies i've ever seen, but not the best. I like Downey and the character of him. I love this movie.
  8. Aug 11, 2010
    Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" was a film no one I knew believed in mainly due to the star of the film Robert Downey, Jr. playing the lead as the eccentric and ever so quirky hero Tony Stark. But after hearing much hype and seeing the praise it received from critics and audiences my dad and I went to the theaters to the see the much hyped " Iron Man", I walked in slightly skeptical of the film not knowing of the talent of Robert Downey Jr. or Jon Favreau. I remember sitting there as the lights dimmed wondering if this film is going to live up to the hype it has established or even be worth the sixteen bucks. As the film rolled on, I sat there in awe of this magnificent and glorious science fiction/superhero thriller. "Iron Man" is a fast paced, outrageously funny, dark, complex and witty thrill ride that not only single hand revive the career of Robert Downey, Jr. but shot him straight up into the stratosphere of fame It's the kind of film that the minute it's over you want to see it again. Then when it ends a second time, you want to see it a third time and then a fourth. Hell you will want to see it as many times as you can it is just too good to ignore or hate. "Iron Man" takes off at a thousand miles per hour and pulls the audiences in on the ride of a lifetime with breathtaking special effects, mind-blowing action, outrageous plot twist and RDJ. leading it all the way to the number 2 spot amongst comic book adaptations solidifying it as one of the best and showing the world Robert Downey Jr.'s talent. I loved the wit and charm of this movie, I loved the grittiness and dark complexity of the characters it seems everyone of them has there own problems in one way or another they all are dealing with emotional problems which makes them a real class act of complicated characters. The film draws it strength from its characters it feeds off there power , there emotions it uses them not only as actors but as the main power source for the films ferocity and drive there crucial to it and the with the wrong actors this film would have fallen apart faster than those boy bands from the 90's. Thanks to brilliant casting and phenomenal direction from Jon Favreau â Expand
  9. Nov 6, 2010
    Smarter than your average superhero movie, Iron Man is very entertaining, largely in part because of its strong leads, clever dialogue and realistic characters. It's really too bad the sequel was so disappointing.
  10. Aug 21, 2010
    i knew nothing about iron man till i seen this film . as comic books to movies go this is one of the better ones . really i was very sketch on this espicialy with robert downy jr. i wasnt sure if he could pull it off but he did . he came across very well as tony stark as this lovable self absorbed jerk. who was actually pretty funny and entertaining to see . there was some good actiion a pretty decent plot . my gripes are though there just wasnt enough action . the final battle seemed way to short . still though it was a fun film and downy kept it entertaining enough through the actionless parts. Expand
  11. Aug 17, 2010
    Iron Man stands in my mind as the greatest super hero film released thus far. With a phenomenal mix of great acting, near-perfect special effects, humor, and story, this film simultaneously gave me hope that future Marvel movies might actually be good, and brought the wonderful Robert Downey, Jr. back into the limelight. As a character, the protagonist, Tony Stark, is in every way the perfect vehicle for Downey, Jr. as he assuredly inhabits the role and plays it out to its limit. Pushing the boundaries at every turn, Stark is a chauvinistic, rich, pompous ass of a man. However, unlike his would-be DC counterpart in The Dark Knight, he is actually more entertaining to watch in many respects than his superhero alter ego. Stark manages to be both funny and endearing throughout the film- a brilliantly written script from Fergus, Ostby, Marcum, and Holloway makes every scene both witty and often-times hilarious, without being campy. I found myself eagerly awaiting Downey, Jr.'s next impeccably delivered line as much as I looked forward to seeing the suit. An all-star cast is used to the fullest, with solid performances from both Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard, and Gwyneth Paltrow, even if they were a bit under-utilized. I enjoyed the fact that this movie also adhered pretty closely, if not entirely, to the comic storyline. At the very least, they captured the essence of a lesser-known superhero and made him appeal to the general public. In a nice little tribute to avid readers, Iron Monger is portrayed in this film as the main antagonist. Unfortunately, I would say where Iron Man trips up the most is in the story. The climax of the film, though mostly satisfying, leaves something to be desired. This is because prior to this action sequence, there are brilliant set pieces that are used in other battles, and the final fight doesn't match up. However, the final scene wraps up the movie beautifully and leaves us wanting more- unlike a movie starring a certain Caped Crusaderâ Expand
  12. Sep 1, 2010
    Playboy, weapons owner, inventor bloke lives it large until he gets caught by enemy soldiers in the Middle-East. Escapes A-Team style, finds out his company are doing dodgy arms deals, becomes a super hero.
    Really enjoyable Marvel romp, good script, great effects & a decent story despite being predictable. Downey Jnr is perfect as the lead & is supported well by Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence
    Howard & the fantastic Jeff Bridges.
    Nicely set up for a sequel.
  13. Dec 5, 2010
    Amazing movie. Iron Man is a great superhero and character. Each character is developed nicely, each action scene is nicely done, each actor did great in their roles, and it has a great optimistic tone to it which helps the entertainment factor, which is high.
  14. Oct 6, 2010
    I liked the movie, but felt it was a bit overrated. I didn't see what was so special about Robert Downey Jr. And for the record, the Dark Knight is a much better movie.
  15. Oct 18, 2010
    Such a welcome and unexpected surprise as Iron Man defies expectation and turns out to be something quite special. Exceptionally cast; Robert Downey Jr. steals the show and blows away all the other competition. It's very funny, action packed and although it may lack a overall plot, Iron Man turns out to be a fun filled ride that you half wish would never end.
  16. Mar 9, 2011
    Iron Man is brought to life because of Robert Downey Jr. he was the perfect person for the part, he pulled it off so well, and while it might not be the most kid friendly super hero movie it's still an amazing one.
  17. Jun 30, 2014
    Iron Man is awesome! From the performance of Robert Downy Jr to the inclusion of Jeff Bridges to the snappy writing to the sharp directing. It all comes up aces. Great stuff.
  18. May 8, 2011
    (WARNING: SOME SPOILERS) The problem with Iron Man is that in the first part it completely focuses on Afghanistan which is going through some problems at the moment. And it was boring at some parts. But then again the movie could be worse so I'm going to give it a 6
  19. Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks to its excellent cast, especially Robert Downey Jr., the awesome humor, impressive action, and great script, Iron Man is one of the best comic book movies of all time!
  20. Mar 19, 2011
    Iron Man was a huge surprise. And a very pleasant one at that. Going into the summer of 2008, my attention was completely preoccupied with The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Kung Fu Panda, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones 4, Wanted, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and The Mummy 3. All of which were very hyped up titles that had people lining up for them. But, among them was one of the best comic book movies ever made. As much as I love The Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder (they're in my top three favorite all-time movies), I think that Iron Man is superior to both of them in many ways. It is highly entertaining, throughout. It doesn't matter if you like Superheroes, or not. There is something in this film for just about everyone. The few action scenes are top notch. My personal favorite is the scene when Iron Man returns to the Middle East to destroy all of his weapons. The acting is phenomenal. Robert Downey Jr. was beyond perfect as Tony Stark. I am always glad to see A-listers give their all in these types of films because it proves that they are not just for children and geeks (honestly, we all still have a little of both in us). The rest of the amazing cast consists of Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard and even Samuel L. Jackson in a surprise post-credits cameo. I also have to mention the director, Jon Favreau. I only knew him from comedies and tv, but he did a great job with this big blockbuster. Despite the great action, direction , and superb casting, the real key to this movie's excellence is the script. The writing is not quite as deep and dark as The Dark Knight, but for a supposedly "summer popcorn action flick", it is right on par. It never hurts to get a team of actual comic book writers along with the creator himself, Stan The Man, to guide you and tell you what fits, and what doesn't. That is the only way to make a comic book character come to life, just as he is on the pages. And in the end it will always pay off with the most important group in the audience, the fans. I cannot say that without admitting something though. I was never an avid reader of the Iron Man comics, although he does make an appearance in alot of my books. But I am very familiar with the character, not only from my comics that he is in, but also the cartoon from the 90's. I still try to catch episodes of the cartoon to this day. The reason I never got into his comic arc is because, I honestly had no interest in the villains he fought, except for the Hulk. Most of his villains were just big robots and monsters (Godzilla was actually one of them). With that said, I was still happy to see that they chose a very conventional first villain, Iron Monger. As long as they never make a movie with M.O.D.O.K., I will be happy. My only complaint about this movie is how scarce the action is. There are only really three scenes of action in total. I know it may seem a little hypocritical for me to complain about the action in Iron Man and give it a 90%, when I gave The Dark Knight 100%, and it had even less action than Iron Man. But the difference between the two is that Iron Man is an action movie, but in my opinion, The Dark Knight is a drama. Alot of people would probably disagree with that statement, but after watching both films many many times, that's the feeling I get about them. The action scenes that it does have are beautiful though. I just think Jon Favreau is not an action director, so he played it safe. In the end, that may have been why Iron Man was so great. I was really surprised that Iron Man became one of my favorite movies. It reminds me of how i felt about Star Trek. I had my doubts, but those doubts were completely shattered after seeing it. I cannot wait for Iron Man 2. I'm hoping that it repeats the cycle of great comic book movie sequels. Following in the footsteps of X2, Spider-man 2, The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk (if you consider that a sequel), and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (just kidding). Expand
  21. May 6, 2013
    Great film with an amazingly well-translated origin story. The first half of this film is fantastic, for both casual movie-goers and hardcore comic book fans alike. However, unfortunately, the film starts to lose a bit of direction in the second half it never gets bad...it just starts to fall a little bit flat. I don't feel like Iron Monger was strong enough of a villain to carry the ending. Great movie overall though, one of Marvel's best. Expand
  22. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the first movies made by Marvel Studio's the original Iron Man remains, with the possible exception of Josh Whedon's 'The Avengers', my favourite superhero movie. With a great mix of humour (Robert Downey Jr was born to play Tony Stark), a number of great action scenes and an excellent soundtrack this is the perfect reminder of just how good a summer blockbuster can be.
  23. Jun 15, 2011
    Well done super-hero movie! Robert Downey Jr. plays Tony Stark amazingly well and the movie tells the beginnings of our beloved super-hero Iron Man in a very modern and great manner. Must see for every comic book fan!
  24. Jun 18, 2011
    Great movie. This is one of the best superhero movies that I have seen in a very long time. This movie outdid my entire expectations. This movie was great in theaters and is still great on Blu-ray.
  25. Feb 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A mediocre interpretation of yet another comic book. Despite the half-decent acting the mediocre action scenes, story and corny dialogue means the movie will be just that: mediocre. In Iron Man we follow the actions of a rich, technophiliac industrialist that suffers from a mild case of misogyny and after a brief encounter with "terrorists" decides to turn his live around and fight the "corruption" that's present in his company. Hillarity ensues as Iron Man does everything the audience hopes they could one day do and it all ends with one big fight versus true evil. Namely his ex-weapon manufacturing partner. The movie lasts about 30 to 45 minutes too long and the musical score is nothing short of annoying, playing at every opportune moment to really communicate to the viewer just how serious the scene is that they are looking at and that they should really be feeling some kind of emotion.There's a female lead in this movie but she's nothing short of a submissive and sexy secretary that is purely there to Well.. What is she there for, any way? They could have just introduced another Deus Ex machinafor everthing she's asked to do, it wouldn't have mattered. They stopped trying to go for plausible scenarios after the first 10 minutes or so. I think Hollywood directors make these movies according to a template, they all sort of start and end the same way. You could easily replace Iron Man with Spider Man or Batman and half the audience wouldn't even really notice. Expand
  26. Jul 5, 2011
    This movie is amazing because of Jon Favreau's directing and Robert Downey Jr's acting. The only thing this movie lacks is action scenes, because there isnt that many of them.
  27. Aug 1, 2011
    The first movie from Marvel Studios began with a huge bang thanks to its competent director and charismatic star. Robert Downey Jr. brought so much energy to this role it seems he was born to play it. **** and confident and struggling to make right what he believes he helped make wrong. I never read any of these comics, because Iâ
  28. Aug 5, 2011
    Too Good a movie. Good direction by Jon Favreau and great acting by Robert Downey Jr. The Special Effects were very good in this film. Can't wait for the sequel.
  29. Aug 28, 2011
    Iron Man is not a great superhero movie due to its action scenes or even its humor, but rather a central performance that truly does transform an illustrated creation of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee into a real person, and, get this, he's kind of a jerk.
  30. Aug 22, 2011
    A great rendition of the Iron Man comic and the acting was great if not spot on. The humor and action are in great balance and can't wait for further movies of the series. Also try not to let the product placement erk you as it's in practically everything now.
  31. Jul 17, 2012
    Still one of Marvel's best movies, Iron Man is faithful to the comics yet original at the same time and Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark. The movie has lots of fun moments for one so grounded in reality, and it gets the mix of action, comedy and drama perfect. This movie was the best way to get the MCU going.
  32. Oct 4, 2011
    To start it off, I need to say that I have never read the Iron Man comics. I have only heard about it. But when I heard there was a movie about it, starring Robert Downey Jr, I got interested. I love Mr. Downey as an actor. He is funny, but plays a good serious role too. He is an all around good actor. So it's no wonder I wanted to see the movie. It took me a while to see it though. I saw it 3 years after it came out, and boy it was good. Robert Downey Jr. shows his talent again as a narcissistic weapons developer, called Tony Stark. He gets kidnapped and forced to make a weapon, but he manages to escape. But after he had gotten grenade shrapnel in his heart, he have to use a machine to be kept alive. He uses different materials to make a new battery. The means of escape is performed by making a suit of metal and thus being able to (somehow) deflect bullets and fly with a jet pack the size of a calf or something (against the laws of physics at least). When he gets back he decides to close the weapons factory and starts developing a suit with the metal suit as a base idea.That is the Iron man suit. He starts to clear out areas of terrorists in the middle east and starts to stop wars and **** This causes people to want the suit, including the main villain. It's a wonderful twist that keeps me entertained instead of annoyed. I love superhero movies that tells a story different from the comics. This one is noticeable different from what a comic would do. It's filmic, not comiccy. I love the choice of Robert Downy Jr. as Tony Stark, he just performs it perfectly. Everything is so good, the action, the humour, the acting, the effects, everything. I recommend it to everyone, Superhero fan or not. Expand
  33. Feb 7, 2012
    I've wanted to see this film, specifically because Robert Downey Jr was in it, but to also more or less explore the renowned Marvel universe. This isn't necessarily for just the experienced fans of the comics, but even for new fans like me, it certainly learns how to grow on you. If I see a good film, 9 times out of 10, it gets me hooked. This was better than good, and so I felt like a fish being lured towards bait on a hook. Not many action-films can pull of that kind of humour without being childish or crude. So far that I've seen any other superhero, like Batman, or Superman, or Spiderman, Iron Man provides an equal balance of human qualities and superhuman strengths. It would be difficult to find any other man apart from Robert to portray the **** almost conceited playboy multi-talented millionaire, to which there would be an impossible answer to find. Still, I've only scratched the surface of this universe, which, to my extent, is an excellent universe to explore. I'm not even hesitating when it comes to the sequels. Expand
  34. May 11, 2012
    This is one of the first superhero movies to take a hero this isn't mainstream and have a successful story. There is plenty of action and Robert Downey Jr. is perfect as Iron Man.
  35. Apr 29, 2013
    The first of the Marvel Universe is one of its best. Before this flick, Downey Jr was a 'has been actor' and Iron Man is considered as a B-List Marvel Super Hero. That practically changed overnight, with Iron Man. Exciting, humorous and 'organic', Iron Man carries with it a peculiar Indie sensibility in its dialogue. Great and career defining performance by Downey Jr, catapulting him into an A-Lister. He is Tony Stark, pure and simple; a performance on par with Chris Reeve iconic performance as Superman. Rewatch it again to prepare yourself for Iron Man 3, folks! Expand
  36. Feb 14, 2013
    Not only was this one of the best films of 2008, but it was probably the best Marvel 'Phase One' entry, besides 'The Avengers'. Robert Downey Jr is the star in the big suit, and nobody better could have played the genius, womanising, care-free Tony Stark.
    We start off with the wonderful sound of AC/DCs 'Highway to Hell' pocking from a military Humvee, perhaps this was karma, as we then
    have a little chit-chat involving Stark and soldiers, until an explosion halts their Humvee.
    Rewind a few days before and we get a glimpse of the lifestyle that Stark leads, being a weapons manufacturer clearly has its perks.
    We see the introduction here of many characters involved in Tony's life, his secretary/personal assistant, Pepper Potts (Gwyenth Paltrow) and his mentor and friend Obidihah Stain (a bald Jeff Bridges).
    The film does not attempt to replicate or tred on any other superhero film, doing its own thing has worked wonders for everyone involved. A complete difference of approach has succeeded in Iron Man, not so much a dark tone, but something to set the bar and try its upmost to continue to do so.
    After being captured, Tony decides to build an 'Iron suit' to escape the cave he is being held in, he realises that the terrorists who captured him are using his weapons and must act quickly.
    The debut of the Mark suits are quite excellent, unforgettable set pieces properly balance this movie while Stark is in the suit.Downey Jr's performance is simply unforgettable, his quick-paced dialogue, confidence and charm are enough to convince anyone, his humour is quite simply brilliant.
    The effects, again, are brilliant, the way the suit is put one is absolutely breathtaking, a true leap and a technological achievement. A very witty and exhilarating origin story that never slows down or plays its safe, its a popcorn movie that is so much more, all the heroic elements, but twice the wit and brain.
    A welcome debut for this suited hero, its full of wit and humour from director Jon Favreau (who also cameos as Happy Hogan).
  37. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down one of the best superhero movies ever made. Robert Downey Jr. is fantastic as Tony Stark/Iron Man and the rest of the cast is great as well. They give life to the characters and are all amazing actors. The action sequences were done really well also. This movie has humor, drama, action, romance, intensity, and is told well. The only real issue with the plot itself is that there are a few major plot holes towards the end. For example, how is Obadiah able to see what Pepper downloaded from the computer, check on the progress of his own suit, and then get to Tony's house before Pepper even has a chance to call Tony? Another thing, how does Obadiah get into Tony's house so easily in the first place? Wouldn't you think a genius billionaire like Tony Stark has a halfway decent security system or that Jarvis would've notified Tony? Lastly, how is Obadiah able to master the nuances of his suit immediately without having any trial phase? It took Tony quit a while to master his suit's various functions and yet Obadiah was able to do this right away. These things take away from the movie and prevent it from being a perfect 10/10 but the film was still great. If you're willing to overlook a few flaws then you'll enjoy this a lot. Expand
  38. Aug 25, 2014
    In the mind-blowing years since Marvel Cinematic Universe was started by this movie, I have discovered new-found love and respect for this movie each time I watch it. Without a doubt this stands at the very top of my favorite movies, and it is not without its merits.

First of all: Robert Downey Jr.'s made for this part. He IS Tony Stark. His portrayal is nigh iconic, bringing life to a
    character that has now become known all over the world.

This movie looks good, sounds good, is funny in all the right places, moves at the right pace and is, all in all, a perfect movie.

The tragedy of what Tony's character goes through, and the kind of pain he has to overcome in order to find himself and his true purpose - and the heavy weight of what comes after - put layers and layers of emotion and darkness into what would otherwise be a traditional superhero origin story.

So much more needs to be said, but instead of that, just go watch 'Iron Man'!
  39. Jun 8, 2013
    I agree with santosx. The plot was very weak and could easily be explained in under 30 mins, The action scenes were ok and certainly eye appealing for young kids but I didn't care for them. Downey Jr is what carries Iron Man through out, He is rather entertaining.
  40. Feb 6, 2012
    One of the best Marvel movies ever! Iron Man comes with a brilliant acting Robert Downey Jr and a portion of humor and action which fits perfect together.
  41. Sep 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man doesn't live up to it's amzing critical claim, but it's still a great film. It contains a lot of silly action which has within it cheesy lines, like: 'My turn.' this was said when Tony was about to burn a batallion of eney soldiers, this scene took place right after the death of Tony's friend/companion, and strangely enough, Tony didn't seem at all sad or effected by the sudden death of his counterpart. The story develops well and the characters gradually reveal their feelings and get you to know them (this is characterization). The finale of the film was exciting and gripping, but it ended suddenly with a nice cliff-hanger(y) line (this almost made up for it).

Iron Man is a flawed, yet enjoyable and gripping with it's exciting action sequences and story developement. So I give this film a... 78/100!
  42. Mar 7, 2012
    Uff, uff, I can't believe this, wow, this film is AWESOME, and the better is the performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, the film is the best film of Marvel Studios. I love Iron Man is a classic.
  43. Mar 30, 2012
    Iron Man is iron trash. Where is the action but besides that the movie comes across as just stupid. Robert Downey Jr. talks way too much in this film which makes him very annoying. Just another stupid action movie but with more stupid in it.
  44. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.25 out of 10. Acting is good. Everyone does a good job. Score is good. Has a really good story. Action sequences are great. Looks so cool. Overall, this is a great film. Great superhero film. Highly recommended.
  45. Mar 31, 2012
    I utterly despise this movie. Horribly bad and stupid. Nothing about it was enjoyable and I felt like the story was going no where. Everybody who says this is good has no taste.
  46. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man" is an excellent Marvel movie. Everything in it is great: the cast, the story, the effects, the villain. This is the type of superhero movie that I enjoy watching, and I can watch this many more times without getting bored.
  47. May 18, 2012
    Iron Man is fun from the start to finish with a mixture of action and comedy. It was really the movie to see in the summer of 2008. Robert Downey, Jr. was great in his role as Tony Stark / Iron Man. I'd give Iron Man an 8 out of 10.
  48. May 25, 2012
    Very good introduction to a superhero, have done a good job.
    Humor, effects, action and music are excellent.
    I wish I had been the same its sequel, leave much to be desired, I hope that this third installment to live up to this movie.
    Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges are best.
  49. Jul 3, 2012
    At first i didn't have high expectations for this movie, bu it surpassed my expectations in a massive way. First of all, the acting is great and the characters are all relevant. Gwyneth Paltrow does a good job at playing a shy but sexy assistant and Robert Downey Jr. wins the best performance of his career. Funny fact, is that he's even more Tony Stark in The Avengers. Jeff Bridges doesn't have much screen time, but in the end you'll find out why. Great character development, action scenes and a script that provides the occasional humurous moments of a superhero movie. Expand
  50. Apr 21, 2014
    Every time i sit down and watch Iron Man i just cant help but think that its kinda average at best, will above average. Maybe its just the fact that i personally cant really relate or like Tony Stark because hes got 2 much of an ego and just feels like a blunt Batman ripoff without the emotional complexity, also the film just kinda drops in quality after the second half with a very disappointing third act that i felt was rather rushed and didn't really quite hit all the right notes. All In all its an enjoyable film with an amazing performance by Robert Downy Jr just is not the greatest marvel film of all time and really managed to lose my interest.

51. Mar 15, 2013
    Iron Man is awesome! Robert Downey Jr. is great while the supporting actors are not inferior to him. The screenplay is very good, the few actual action scenes are well made and the characters are relatable and not just after a certain pattern. It's sad that Marvel hasn't made another movie like this because it's outstanding for a sci-fi-action movie. There are a couple of flaws with it (mainly in the end battle between Downey Jr. and Bridges) that hamper Iron Man from
    being a totally awesome movie, but it sure as hell is one of the best superhero-movies I've seen in my life.
  52. Aug 8, 2012
    The action mixed with the humor made Iron Man a great movie, Marvel has done it again, Robert Downey Jr played the character very well, and it left me anxiously waiting for Iron Man 2. However, some parts of the movie were quite predictable.
  53. Apr 28, 2013
    It is just too immature for my taste. I hope I do not offend anyone with this, but I felt this movie's plot, characters, the science presented was not for mature audiences. It was a typical superhero stuff I never liked.
  54. Sep 4, 2012
    "Iron Man" is fantastic. I admired the animations, the story and the voice acting, because all of them are fantastic. And, sure, the comedy scenes were funny, but, the fact is that Iron Man, It's not a masterpiece. Still, worth it!
  55. Nov 15, 2012
    Downey is pitch-perfect as Stark. Rather than creating a strong-man type character, like many superhero movies do, our hero has depth, and that, not the action, is what gives Iron Man its kick.
  56. Jan 6, 2014
    O melhor dos 3 sem dúvidas
  57. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man is a great movie which is one of the tie in movies towards The Avengers in Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Plot: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries, a company which produces weapons. After a standard weapons demonstration, Stark's convoy is ambushed by terrorists and he loses consciousness. When he re awakens as a prisoner, there is a battery attached to his chest keeping him alive. The terrorists want him to create weapons for them. He pretends as if he is building them when he is actually building a compact metal heart to replace the heavy battery, and a metal suit outfitted with weapons which he then uses to escape. During his imprisonment, he realizes that Stark weaponry is also being used by the terrorists. When he arrives back to his home he perfects his suit and becomes Iron Man. He also lashes out at his own company but is judged by the media which almost makes him lose his rights to it. In the meanwhile he vows to keep corrupted parts of the world free from terrorism. Opinion: Iron Man is well done, and makes the audience question the arms race to a larger extent. I recommend this movie to those who own their own large buisness, are very wealthy, and those who are interested in machinery. I also reccomend this movie to those who are interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Expand
  58. Nov 28, 2012
    Bolstered by an utterly iconic lead performance, Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" is a breathtaking, intellectual, gleaming, and an overall ideal addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  59. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.4] With no doubt, a perfectly cast movie, with a great script and plenty of entertaining action. It doesn't quite reach the depth and complexity of Christopher Nolan's Batman series, but it marks the beginning of good comic book movies.
  60. May 2, 2013
    It's definitely better than average. What's good about it is that it gives the audience exactly what it promised. Non-stop edge of your seat entertainment plus great performances and a fantastically well played performance from Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.
  61. May 1, 2013
    Since Iron Man 3 comes out this weekend, I thought I'd review the Iron Man movies and just give you my opinion. This one is easily an intense action-packed Marvel hit. I really loved this movie. It's not only a great superhero movie, but it's how every first of a potentially successful trilogy should be. Fresh, fun and exciting. As far as the storyline goes, the dark beginning is what sells for the rest of the movie. Once it gets out that dark mood of the story, (Tony making suits for the "terrorists"), the story tends to loose its feel. Yet, once Tony has made the "main" suit and starts flying around and testing it, that's where the fun part of the story kicks in which surprisingly worked pretty well. By the end when the plot starts to thicken, that's where it not only goes back to being dark, but also has the fun and excitement along with it. The characters, except for Tony, are about average and don't really bring much to the story. But with Tony's wittiness, it tends to help save the movie and go back to the fun and excitement. Overall, it's a fresh start to this potential trilogy. Expand
  62. May 16, 2013
    I'm just going to go out and say it, Iron Man is a masterpiece. This movie as well as The Dark Knight have pushed new boundaries in the average comic book movie and influenced many more comic book movies to come. It had the perfect combination of comedic relief and serious subject matter that you never doubted its superiority. Now, let's get into the love session.
    Iron Man has a quality
    that not a lot of comic book movies have, it has the quality of separating it's genres. This meaning that it's comedic and dramatic timing was very good. It was funny when it needed to be and it was serious when it needed to be, nothing overlapped. Unlike in a lot of other Superhero movies where the comedic relief was right in the middle of an action sequence and you just roll your eyes (this will actually come into play in the next two installments). This movie had none of that and it's mostly thanks to the great script.
    This movie really did path the way for many comic book films top come and it did a good amount of this with it's action sequences. They were great! They way they looked, the way they were shot, the look of everything was so cool. Jon Favreau does a fantastic job with this movie. The scene when Iron Man goes and kills the terrorists by using this lock on device and swiftly kills the terrorists without harming a single civilian which they are holding hostage. Then when you think it's done, it's not because the terrorists use a tank to shoot at him and he easily dodges their first attempt and then blows it up and walks away slowly as it is destroyed. Mesmerizing is all I can say.
    This movie had a ton of tension too. It was riveting and it really made you feel for the characters and relate to them thanks to the dramatic depth that it preserved. Like The Dark Knight, this wasn't all about the hero battling off bad guys. It's about the character within the suit, Tony Stark. Tony Stark is an interesting character and Robert Downey Jr. does a phenomenal job as him (the role he was born to play). Tony Stark is an extremely wealthy arms dealer who is completely reliant on war to keep his wealth and stay on top. He is extremely self centered and inconsiderate until he is captured by a group of terrorists and that's when he goes through his change. He then quits arms dealing and uses Stark industries for a better cause. This is when he becomes Iron Man. Although this man is as wealthy as one can get and he is a Superhero, he is strangely relatable. The script does such a good job of utilizing his human side that you can relate to a character that you will probably never be. This is also thanks to the dramatic depth in the story and the hidden meaning behind the suit.
    Iron Man is a movie that just won't quit. This is a classic that will surely be remembered for years to come. It has influenced many other films and has spawned two sequels since its release in 2008 that sadly didn't even come close to this movie. In my mind I feel that this is a masterpiece that deserves everything that it has become. Unique and undeniably awesome, Iron Man is the gold standard for comic book, and action movies all together.
  63. May 24, 2013
    I think that this was a very good movie. A lot of action and well sequenced and over all good plot with funny bits in it like when Stark gets blown up by his own bomb.
  64. May 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robert Downey Jr. was awesome as Iron Man. This is a very good origin story and there is a lot of action in this movie. The only problem was that Iron Monger was only seen for a small amount of time. There were some weird parts in the film such as the part with the pole dancing flight attendants. It was a very good movie. Expand
  65. Jun 18, 2013
    One of those rare gems that is great all the way through. A great origin story, with everything you could want. The action is fun, the characters are complex and intriguing, and you get tons of great moments throughout the film. Absolutely recommended to everyone.
  66. Jul 3, 2013
    All in all it does feel like just another action movie, which it is to some extent, but it doesn't bore you out like many other action movies do. The movie contains a refreshing mix of seriousness and comedy as well as some gorgeous visuals to blend it all up into one of the more enjoyable superhero-movies to date. All in all, i'd definitely recommend it to anyone out for an explosive and entertaining cinematic experience! Expand
  67. Jul 13, 2013
    Robert Downey Jr.'s performance is hilarious and suave in this origin story of "Iron Man", which in most cases are why this film works well. Though its first thirty minutes are just so-so, the movie picks up from there and really gets its groove and I started to enjoy it alot. The action, wit, spunk, and originality (despite it being based off the comics), is able to entertain audiences and can be called a blockbuster! Expand
  68. Jul 29, 2014
    Iron Man is an enormous good movie, that truly is packed with exciting and entertaining scenes that are fantastic to watch.

Iron Man is one of these movies that got everything from great action in a high tempo, a wonderful story, a great opening scene to fantastic special effects. It also got many unique things that truly are rare to see in movies nowadays, and combined with the great
    music and the exiting adventure of Tony Stark, the movie couldn't be more awesome as it is. There are almost none negative things about this movie at all, but one is that there are some objects in the film that don't look real, but overall is Iron Man a hell of a film!

Iron Man is one flawless movie that truly is cool and groovy to watch.

Iron Man gets a 9/10
  69. Aug 3, 2013
    The movie was a wonderful surprise and an adrenaline powered ride with Robert Downey Jr. at the helm as Tony Stark, this film is one rare comic book movie that delivers quality as well as quantity.
  70. Nov 9, 2013
    'Iron Man' is a charismatic, thorough, and witty ploy of the classic Marvels character. Robert Downey Jr. has the charm and humorous spirit that drives the film. He's a respectable actor, who doesn't get enough credit. The whole movie is clear and leaves you with an entertained feeling rather than a confused or disappointed one. Everyone else is "good" enough in terms of how actors normally are in a comic adaptation (Downey was born for this role). It has everything a good superhero film should have. Expand
  71. Sep 20, 2013
    Iron Man is a great superhero movie, as well as a good comedy, as well as a good drama! Downey Jr.'s sense of humor and sheer is what makes his character so round and a pleasure to watch.
  72. Oct 16, 2013
    a good movie that Marvel took advantage of a character who is not very dear public, is the second best movie marvel, they put the right person for the role of iron man (robert downey jr.).
  73. Apr 9, 2014
    This movie was action-packed, humorous, had a great plot, had great special effects, and ws hands down the best Marvel movie ever! Robert Downey Junior is great as Tony Stark with his reckless, arrogant attitude! Superhero fan or not, this film is a must-see!
  74. Feb 27, 2014
    RDJ a Charismatic Super Hero !!! ** Iron Man ** * The hero of this movie tony stark a genius inventor and weapon designer who owns stark industries ! with all wealth and fame he is been pushed in certain tragedies that eventually transforms him into a super hero .This movie has made a super hero who is more charismatic, charming and iconic !!. * This movie which is inspired by iron man comics itself ! still they made an excellent performance in making this movie to a whole new level not only as comic book movie but movie with sci fi and action genres . This movie delivers you the humor & excitement with interesting screen play and with great acting performance .

* The Story is also mainly inspired by comics as i mentioned but there have been slight modification in which it will be surprising even though its from comics but yet they differ if you would compare this movie to comics.This movie is about tony stark and his adventures of becoming a super hero known as Iron Man as you dwell more into it you would find it very interesting its as simple as that !!

* Robert Downey Jr who plays as Tony Stark has done a fantastic performance in which you would be dazzled because he act in the way that he is a living tony stark .The performance in which he delivers the humor & charisma with such elegance and charm which not easy achieve !! with this fantastic performance he shows that he is a great actor !!! .But there are other actors who did their very best and gave wonderful performance people such as Terrence Howard as Rhodey, Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts with such wonderful cast that gives a wonderful results !! .

* The Director of this movie Jon Favreau has done a great performance !!.The Characters in this movie were very well developed each and every one got their purpose in this movie these things are executed perfectly without any mismatch .The screen play of this movie was absolutely perfect it displays with such good adventure and excitement which you would have never expected !! lets not forget visual effects department for their wonderful performance on bringing iron man in big screen they also made perfect action sequence with all fireworks that gave all the clarity to this movie !! .

* The Music Department did a good and decent job in Back Ground Composing for this movie !! .

* Over All the movie is very fantastic and awesome !! this movie that gives you such humor and charisma you will be watching this movie twice its worth watching this movie twice and that's guaranteed !!!.

Iron Man :**********

(10/10) Stars
  75. Nov 27, 2013
    Probably the best superhero film made thus far. The casting, the story, the depth of the characters; everything is perfect in what is the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  76. Nov 13, 2013
    Iron Man is the real deal.
    With great action sequences, Iron Man is not only entertaining, but also intriguing. A deep look into an unpopular hero with wonderful character development and a decent plot.
  77. Feb 23, 2014
    Looking back at this almost six years after, this is still the greatest pre-Avengers MCU movie, why?
    Because it is clever, fun, funny, has a great lead actor, modernizes, and gives justice to Iron-Man, and has no big flaw like the other pre-Avengers MCU movies had, and even as a standalone movie it is still a great movie.
  78. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best start to a franchise.Robert jr. is overwhelming .the entire cast is excellent . jon favreau made a best combo also at last to make blast.may they continue this. Terrence might have have done well. Expand
  79. Apr 1, 2014
    The first entry in Marvel's Cinematic Universe is Iron Man; a solid and exciting action-packed superhero that shouldn't be taken too seriously. What can I say, it's witty, it's action packed and has a very good story line that is entertaining and never boring! Robert Downy Jr. does a fantastic performance when it comes to playing Tony Stark, he may be self-centered but he has some witty lines and is in some good action scenes. Overall this is a good telling of the Iron Man origin story. I think that you should see it when you get the chance. Expand
  80. Oct 3, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man (2008)

Marvel Cinematic Universe is probably one of the most ambitious film franchises put together by a studio, and most likely, the best. Kevin Feige was the first person to come up with this idea. An idea of creating a shared media universe, grouping famous super-heroes into the big screen. I personally love this idea. Imagining Iron
    Man teaming up with notable Marvel characters such as: Hulk, Captain America and Thor as well other characters like Black Window and Hawkeye is just extraordinary. Of course I want Spider-Man and Wolverine to join The Avengers, but the movie rights of these characters belong to Sony and Fox, respectively. To do that, those studios need to sell their rights to Marvel but since that’s not gonna happen, they will stick with their own universe. Unfortunately. However, that doesn’t stop Marvel Studios from offering gritty, smarts movies to cinema and also developing stories that lead to bigger and better things. And that’s where “Iron Man” comes in. This movie starts the Phase 1 of this large universe and it’s not only gripping and entertaining, but it’s also amusing and clever, and seems to comprehend the essence of super-heroes. It’s a rousing ride from the beginning to the end, a heartwarming summer blockbuster that takes its incredibleness to higher levels.

Robert Downey Jr. brings a sunny personality into his character, providing fresh and energetic dialogue while also improvising his own lines. He’s the perfect choice for Iron Man. Thank you Marvel Studios for hiring such incredibly talented actor to portray this marvelous character. Thank you. Downey’s character is funny, clever, quick and most important, strong. I swear to God if I could choose anyone to be my partner or best friend, I would choose Robert. About Gwyneth Paltrow, I don’t know why she’s so bashed by everyone. She did very well in this film, to be honest. Maybe I should watch more of her movies (Oh well). Another actor I would like to point out is ah… Jeff Bridges. Jeff’s thick voice makes the villain sound menacing and dangerous, and his performance in this blockbuster is outstanding. I’m not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off when his character started yelling at the poor doctor: “TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILT THIS IN A CAVE!!!! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!” XD. One minor flaw I would like to point out is that when Obadiah fights with Tony at the nearly end, he knows perfectly how to use the suit. How? He didn’t test it before, like Stark did. Maybe I’m nitpicking a little bit, but when you have these flaws in the narrative, it prevents you from giving a better score to these movies (*cough* The Dark Knight Rises *cough*). However, the actor fits the role of Iron Monger, a flying robotic weapon that fires air-to-surface missiles. He’s really good in combat, which takes us to the next point.

The fight sequences. The fight scenes, although few, are very well done. No shaky cams, no quick zooms or even disturbing amount of explosions (eww Transformers). I’m not gonna say it’s better than those action sequences in “Captain America: The Winter of Soldier”, but it’s definitely pure exciting and visually stunning. Iron Man flying around is fun to watch and the last fight sequence remains spectacular and believable. If there’s something that it’s difficult to capture in super-heroes movies is belief. Movies that successfully did that are Nolan’s Batman trilogy and the first Amazing Spider-Man, and even those have their “suspension of disbelief” moments.

But the highlight of the film is gotta be the storytelling. The way that the film’s narrative flows throughout the movie is fantastic. The story kept my attention, and that’s very hard to do when you’re writing a script and developing characters. It doesn’t throw every information into one film. You know… like “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” did. It doesn’t spend its time trying to set-up future Marvel movies and TV series. The story focus ONLY on the main character and his motivations, personality and past, while occasionally introducing characters that are going to play a major role in the Marvel franchise. That’s how you set-up sequels and crossovers! Even when the movie is not focusing on Tony Stark, the story also manages to entertain the filmgoers with spectacle thrills and proper character development, even if sometimes falls into typical clichés of modern blockbusters. But just few of them. It’s also fun to see the pacing of this flick, which I think it’s beautiful. Another great thing I would like to point out is the directing. Joss Whedon is the director of this movie, and also the character known as Happy Hogan who does a tremendous job in this super-hero movie. He didn’t do a very good job with “Cowboys and Aliens” but with this film, he outstands himself.

Final Score to Iron Man: 9/10. At the end of the day, “Iron Man” is gritty, entertaining and funny (occasionally, thanks to Robert’s charm) .
  81. May 4, 2014
    A freaking awesome, cool, slick, and captivating comic book film. Robert Downy Jr. owns it as Tony Stark. The tech is awesome, the music is awesome, the action is great, the story is memorable. Iron Man is a solid superhero flick
  82. Aug 3, 2014
    A great film has a great soundtrack, good special effects, has some funny scenes, Robert Downey Jr. played very well the role of Tony Stark, the story was very well done, and the armor of Iron Man was also great, I recommend for those who have not watched, you watch, worth it.
  83. Aug 29, 2014
    Iron Man is witty, entertaining and very amusing. Tony Stark is an iconic superhero character. Overall, Iron Man directed by Jon Favreau delivers, but it has few slow parts.
  84. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט שפותח את המארוול יוניברס בצורה מרשימה, עם הסרט הכי טוב שעד הנוקמים אף סרט לא השתווה אליו, רוברט דאוני ג'וניור מושלם לתפקיד של איירון מן וטוני סטארק. הסרט הכי טוב של איירון מן עד עכשיו, הוא יותר טוב מאיירון מן 2 ומהדבר הזה שלא ראוי להיקרא סרט אבל משום מה אנשים נוהגים לקרוא לו "איירון מן 3"
  85. Jul 26, 2014
    Robert D Jnr is one of my favorite actors and he plays Tony Stark perfectly the action and special effects is top notch the story is great this is a ridiculously fun superhero movie.

my ratting 8/10 8/10 for action/special effects 8.5/10 acting 8/10 for story 8/10 for style 8/10 for characters/ character development.
  86. Aug 9, 2014
    What impresses me in "Iron Man" is that it builds a whole story on an insane anti-hero. Downey's performance is commendable, it makes up even for the film's greatest weaknesses. A classic for its genre, I believe. It does not have much to say about anything else its billionaire protagonist's problems, but is pretty fresh, for sure.
  87. Aug 9, 2014
    this is one of the best Avengers set-up movies, the casting is perfect, the action is perfect, but the plot is just a tad boring making for some parts where you kind of fast forward though.
    RDJ is awesome and he is the perfect choice to be Tony Stark.
  88. Oct 18, 2014
    Tony Stark is a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.
  89. Nov 13, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe's best movie (unless you prefer Guardians of the Galaxy), Iron Man delivers a fresh take on the superhero movie franchise. What was novel was its focus on fun, yet its concept of implying a greater universe of interacting superheroes, which was magical before the Cinematic Universe's excessive use of the concept, thus bringing plot-holes.

1. Downey plays off his own bad-boy image wonderfully. The writers give him great lines to work with and ditto that for his Girl Friday, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts, whose own svelte lines cannot be improved on.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ever-eclectic director Jon Favreau, who briefly pops up onscreen as a Stark minion, maintains a brisk but not frantic pace, and, in concert with lenser Matthew Libatique, production designer J. Michael Riva and the first-rate visual effects team, has made an unusually elegant looking film for the genre.
  3. Loyal assistant, Pepper Potts, isn't much of a part, but Gwyneth Paltrow is a presence. She stands around looking amused and flabbergastingly pretty, slinging wisecracks with serene aplomb.