Island of Lemurs: Madagascar

• Studio: IMAX
  • Release Date: Apr 4, 2014
4.8

1. May 10, 2015
    Was expecting a narrative that followed a group of animals giving us a captivating insight into their lives and story (like 'Winged Migration' or the TV series 'Meerkat Manor'). Instead we witnessed a 40 minute infomercial on the conservation efforts taking place following one scientist. Blah, blah, blah asteroid killed the dinosaurs, blah blah blah the Lemurs are the oldest adventurers,Was expecting a narrative that followed a group of animals giving us a captivating insight into their lives and story (like 'Winged Migration' or the TV series 'Meerkat Manor'). Instead we witnessed a 40 minute infomercial on the conservation efforts taking place following one scientist. Blah, blah, blah asteroid killed the dinosaurs, blah blah blah the Lemurs are the oldest adventurers, blah blah blah please don't burn down the rainforest. The end. I'm an advocate of conservation - just was expecting more from an IMAX feature. Seems more appropriate as a PBS special. Expand
  2. May 15, 2016
    This movie was cute and informative. I love getting the kids to watch these movies just so they are more aware of the creatures on this planet. I have a weakness for animal documentaries.

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Sep 1, 2014
    It may share a narrator with "March Of The Penguins" but this short documentary is happily more sturdily scientific.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick McCarthy
    Apr 5, 2014
    What results is a lopsided, put-upon narrative of survival where humans, and not the animals themselves, are the ones to be celebrated.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Apr 4, 2014
    Even without an active political component, Island of Lemurs: Madagascar, on a purely visual level, is one of the more amazing things you're likely to see in a theater this year.