8.4

1. Oct 3, 2013
    The SanFrancisco critic review is right on the money. This film is an abject failure and colossal waste of time. As nothing happens when the disparate group of guitarists meet, the film is then turned into a by the numbers brief doco on why each member got into music. The result is really dull because there is no unifying theme to the disparate acts. It fails as a love ode to the guitarThe SanFrancisco critic review is right on the money. This film is an abject failure and colossal waste of time. As nothing happens when the disparate group of guitarists meet, the film is then turned into a by the numbers brief doco on why each member got into music. The result is really dull because there is no unifying theme to the disparate acts. It fails as a love ode to the guitar also and is really an example of a very weak vague idea executed poorly.
    Ultimately, a super boring turgid experience.
  2. Sep 19, 2010
    This doc shows clearly what electric guitar is about with 3 of the best guitarists ever, telling about their stories too. You have The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White in a exceptional doc, what else do you need?
  3. EricA
    Nov 19, 2009
    If your a Zeppelin fan you know Pagerarely opens up like that!
  4. MatttheCat
    Oct 7, 2009
    I really enjoyed this movie, even if it has a few flaws (it never really got loud; what's with ending on them playing the over-played "The Weight"?). Great to see Jimmy Page looking so good and at peace- he has never seemed that together since Zeppelin ended. I'd love to see him in a working band again. This is a must-see for hard core rock fans; for others, rent it.
  5. JimP.
    Oct 6, 2009
    Page and The Edge...awesome!!!! Who is that third dude???? In 20 years maybe boy becomes man?
  6. KeithJ
    Sep 4, 2009
    If you are interested in rock and blues music, you will find something to enjoy in this movie. That said ... I found the jumps between the three musicians a bit distracting. Just when I was getting into one story, we left it behind and went to something else. Like many viewers, I had a lower opinion of one of the guitarists before the movie (in my case, The Edge), but came out of the If you are interested in rock and blues music, you will find something to enjoy in this movie. That said ... I found the jumps between the three musicians a bit distracting. Just when I was getting into one story, we left it behind and went to something else. Like many viewers, I had a lower opinion of one of the guitarists before the movie (in my case, The Edge), but came out of the movie with greater respect for his art. Expand
  7. MegL
    Aug 30, 2009
    This doc is really about love of the electric guitar. The old footage of each band is fantastic. Interesting that they included less biological history of Page, The Edge, and White and more of a focus on their influences and essentially how they became so enraptured in the instrument.
  8. kyalb
    Aug 14, 2009
    Greatly documented and very well done overall. Great film.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Lowe
    It Might Get Loud offers a thrilling personal tour of three exceptional electric guitarists' careers that's equally appealing to musicians and rock enthusiasts alike.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Musically and visually sumptuous.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    It's Page, a joyful instructor and natural storyteller, who steals the spotlight (Robert who? More, please.) Only real complaint: The movie's not loud enough. They should have turned that f***er up to 11.