2.7

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Adam Sandler still acts? could've fooled me after watching his latest abortion of a movie. face it sandler, you had it good with Billy Madison, Waterboy and Little Nicky, but your last few movies (especially anything with Kevin James) have been complete and utter failures.
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    Why is adam Sandler a transvestite in this movie. This movie is an abomination. They should do what they did with that terrible E.T Game and bury all copies in the new mexico dessert.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    It deserves less then a 0! It deserves to be non existent like Sandler! I'll be honest I tried to enjoy his movies in the past even Eight crazy nights, ugh! But it was impossible especially that abortion Don't mess with the Zohon. Every one of his movies he uses the same lame characters, references homosexuality in some way and used the same tired jokes over and over with his annoying voice. He's never funny in his movies. The Wedding Singer was the only movie I enjoyed because of the subtlety and the humor coming from everybody else not just him. It was hard to take him seriously in Reign over me and Don Cheadle was amazing as always. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    Remember when Adam Sandler made funny movies? Those Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, and Waterboy days. I miss them too. And you will be missing them that much more after you see Jack and Jill. Sandler use to know what his fans expected and there are still a few who will go see anything with him in it and find some type of joy, but for most of us, we have seen it all and it is only getting worse. It started for me when I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry came out and through the years with Bedtime Stories, Just Go With It, and Grown Ups, Sandler is getting stale. And now he has resulted in cross-dressing in hope of getting some huge laughs, but the theatre will be full of silence.

Sandler plays Jack and Jill, identical twins who use to be inseparable yet now Jack dreads having his sister come stay with him once a year during the holidays. Jacksâ
  5. Dec 25, 2011
    Overall Movie: 0 Acting: 0 Storyline: 0. I say this because Adam Sandler has lost his comedic and acting touches. Grown Ups, and the this. Once a comedic star, Adam Sandler has ripped his career apart.
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    This could be Sandler's worst movie. Think about that. Worse than Little Nicky. Worse than Eight Crazy Nights. Think about that.
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst kind of hacky, pandering drivel. The people giving it 10's are trolls or are simply too feeble-minded to appreciate a comedy that isn't constantly punctuated by farts and kicks to the nuts. How many times did Jack or Swardson or whoever get hit in the nuts? 3? 4? I lost count. And there's almost a twisted genius to essentially making Jill a fart machine. "The people want farts? Boy howdy, they're gonna get farts... Big chimichanga farts that will rattle the whole damn movie!" Sandler muttered pre-production.

There's something far more sinister about Jack & Jill compared to Sandler's other, slightly less terrible comedies of late. His contempt for the half-wits that lop this stuff up in his audience is laid bare for all to see. He simply doesn't care. Remember the South Park where they parodied the trailer? "Who cares? You'll pay to see it, f--- you!" They hit the nail on the head. That's this movie. It was crushingly depressing to think that the nation was going to embrace this and enable more of its ilk when the creators couldn't be bothered to even give a modicum of effort. Shame on Sandler and company for squandering their talents. Yes, I do still believe they're trapped deep down waiting for them all to grow the hell up.

And Pacino, what the hell, man? I mean seriously, OK, yes, you're getting up there in years. Maybe you wanted to part of a project where they stroke your ego, tell you how great you are and give you the only funny lines. But come ON, Sandler in drag?! And then Sandler playing his own sister in drag?? THINK, man!
  8. Dec 8, 2011
    Adam Sandler is a comedic fraud. The movie confirmed what I expected of Sandler- that he does not care about any artistic or creative quality in his movies. Total sellout. Total waste of time. Its also worth noting the amount of product placement in the movie. Don't support this abortion of a movie.
  9. Apr 1, 2012
    Alof of adam sandlers movies are stupid, but at least theres a few laughs in them. With Jack and Jill, we get a very annoying, not funny, stupid movie. The movie drags on and on, Dont bother watching this movie!
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    Awful. Not a good movie at all and it's unwatchable. Do not ever try to watch this. It's only for the people who want to die soon. Adam Sandler has become very disappointing.
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    What has happened to Sandler over the past several years? He has become "unfunny". He has Produced/starred in a handful of bombs for me lately, including the painful "Grownups", the worst Adam Sandler character ever in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry", and the nails-on-a-chalkboard "ZooKeeper". "Jack & Jill" went up the hill for this one and the audience came tumbling down. Way down. I honestly cannot find much of a shining moment in this movie. Several actors are miscast and Sandler's "Female Role" is unfunny, unattractive, and un-Sandler. Thumbs way down. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    I feel sorry for all the people who actually paid the full ticket price to see this film. It is, indeed, the worst movie of 2011, finally making Green Lantern runner-up to that dreaded title.

In all reality, there is, in no way, Adam Sandler was funny in this movie. He pretty much just went on stage and stabbed himself repetitively with this dreck of a film, and I hope that it will
    significantly
    drop as the month progresses. I do have to give Sandler credit, though, for making the awful "Grown-Ups" look like a Monty Python production compared to this (never saw "Just Go With It"), which is a hell of an accomplishment.

The punishment for this film is that everyone involved except Mr. Pacino should be beaten repetitively in the balls with a giant club and then be thrown in an iron bull. That itself will make up for the longest hour and a half in my short life.

Al Pacino (who was the only decent performance in this film) has a line at the end, saying "this should never be seen. Burn all copies." I concur.

Letter grade: F
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    I think Adam Sandler should easily be gentle and try to avoid any mistakes in a kids movie. I like him in Bedtime Stories, but Zookeeper and Jack and Jill were the biggest disappointments of his career (except Just Go With It) I think I want the old Happy Gilmore back and all of his characters in past films. For some reason, I'm feeling a little downsided for Sandler and 2011 wasn't a great year for him 3 of the 4 films from him were one of the worst Bucky Larson, Zookeeper, and Jack and Jill. He deserves a Razzie award because not only if the critics doesn't care about his movies anymore or just wasn't feeling the energy from the fans and families everywhere, maybe somewhere down the road he could be making a comeback trail. But Jack and Jill should win Worst Picture. Expand
  14. Dec 10, 2011
    devoid of any original elements of writing, story, or acting, Adam Sandler may have reached a new low in his 'acting career'. Perhaps if you enjoy simplistic fart and race joke you may find some enjoyment in this cliched trainwreck of a movie, but for those of you who enjoy movies with genuine laughs and something fresh, i would advise you to stay far away from this film.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    Oh man, Adam Sandler should really start rethinking his movie ideas. First Zohan and now this garbage? Don't get me wrong, Sandler has made some funny movies in the past, most recent being Chuck and Larry, which was an oddball sort of story. Since then, Sandler has been making more and more crazy comedies that aren't funny for one reason or another. The story feels over thought-out and stupid. Don't see it. Expand
  16. Dec 4, 2011
    This movie may be one of the worst I've ever encountered. Extremely unoriginal, very predictable and quite annoying. Adam Sandler may be a great family-friendly actor, but it would be good if another person played Jack and Jill. Speaking of which, a man playing a female is a disturbing idea and quite unsuitable for a child's viewing. This is one of a few movies that I extremely do not recommend to watch. Collapse
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    I think the movie was OK.....but the whole Identical Twin Sister part was hysterical. But as Comrade_Critic said, 'Double the Adam Sandler means Double the laughs'. Its also a great Family-Comedy movie.
  18. Nov 19, 2011
  19. Jan 7, 2012
    This is the worst Adam Sandler film I have ever seen! Fell asleep while watching it and eventually walked out of the cinema; after many other patrons had done the same. Don't watch this period!
  20. May 25, 2013
    A movie of pure stupidity on the grandest level. Jack and Jill with all its dumb characters with the worst being Al Pacino will turn your brain into mush. If you can believe it, this could be Adam Sandler's worst film.
  21. Nov 4, 2012
    Shockingly terrible. And funny. Not really a very good movie, but enjoyable for those who like dodgy comedies. How much did they pay Al Pacino to go in this?
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    Ugh, why sandler......why. Water boy, happy Gilmore and little nicks were ok movies, but he has ruined al Pacino now HOORAY No...simply no. Al Pacino must've been getting payed his pensions for this crap R.I.P ADAM SANDLERS CAREER
  23. Dec 4, 2013
    I'm not going to say that Jack and Jill is a bad movie. That wouldn't be doing it justice. Jack and Jill is hands down the worst film ever made, not only failing on a comedic and technical level, but also on the level of entertainment. Most bad movies garner a few chuckles based on pure goofiness, such as The Room. Jack and Jill couldn't even make me smile once, as I was too busy being appalled at the atrocities I was witnessing onscreen. Adam Sandler has become the representation of cheap, poorly executed Hollywood blockbusters and whatever comedic value he had in the past is gone. His career has been on the decline for years, and this abomination was the long-awaited dagger to his image. It took two Adam Sandlers, both completely unlikable and instantly annoying characters, for people to detect his formula of putting little effort into filmmaking and making large profits off of fart jokes and the occasional adult humor. Even the presence of Al Pacino can't save the movie, and makes it even more depressing when one considers that this powerhouse actor accepted a role in Sandler's cinematic prostitution.
    Jack and Jill is a marvel. I can't say I hate any other movie with such unrelenting passion, especially when I realize that ten-years olds are being showed this racist, mysoginistic, and downright unpleasant series of unfinished storyboard sketches. I sincerely hope that these younger audiences don't look to Sandler as a king of comedy, because then the next generation of filmmakers will have a corrupted vision of what true comedy really is. Jack and Jill should serve as the shining example of how to fail in making people laugh: sacrificing the likability of its characters and the intelligence of its plot for inane body humor and inexplicable attempts at social satire. It fails not just because its a broken mess of a movie, but because we all know its creator has the potential for so much better, and his creative vision has been blinded by the allure of box office success. Whether Sandler can turn his career around from this apparent black hole remains to be seen. But for now, Jack and Jill remains as a gigantic blemish not only on his career, but on the entirety of American cinema.

Follow me on twitter. @cbeers2513
  24. Dec 16, 2011
    Jack and Jill had a few laughs. But more awkward jokes that didn't exactly hit well with the audience than anything else. It was a pretty bad plot also. Sandler tried to pull an Eddie Murphy playing multiple roles at once, it didn't work out. Frankly, I thought it was Sandler's worst movie.
  25. Feb 27, 2012
    Seriously ? Is this a movie ? Come on Sandler what the hell ? How can anyone like this s**** movie ! Worst movie ever . Sucks Sucks Sucks !!! This story sucks in every level , Dennis Dugan's directing was so bad . I liked Sandler 's Just go with it , At least I can call that a movie but This one , Its worst then 1960's B-Movies . If anyone says that he liked the movie Im gonna say that that person don't know a single thing about movies . SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS !!!! Ahhhhhhh I want My Time Back !!!!! Expand
  26. Mar 23, 2012
    It is not nearly as bad as everybody makes it out to be. Admittedly it has a few problems. Adam Sandler is funny as Jill, be he is not convincing as a women. Jack on the other hand, is not so funny. He just feels more like a supporting character than an actual star. Jill does the comedy justice, being much funnier than any other character on the show. The story is tolerable and some occasionally heartwarming moments. There are tons of appearances from stars, from Kobe to Jared the Subway guy to the biggest of them all, Al Pacino. Al Pacino also helped make this watchable. Some of you guys are too hard on Sandler. Hes just trying to enjoy what he does. Hes gonna keep making movies like he has recently so if you hate him, don't see his movies. If you enjoy them somewhat, then go see them. Expand
  27. Jan 23, 2012
    Another one of Adam sandlers failed abortions which he constantly and I mean constantly likes to remake. It's like a turd being reheated time and time again by Adam Sandler which I thought was funny when i was 5. But this is just another one of his brain dead tasteless comedies that get him deeper and deeper to the end of his poor and miserable career.
  28. Mar 4, 2012
    Heaven help me! I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan, but I found most of his movies entertaining to a certain degree..but Jack and Jill sinks the actor to an all time low. In every great comedian life, there's always a point where they're just making stinkers after stinkers....Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers and finally, Mr Sandler himself. Avoid this.
  29. Dec 13, 2011
    Change the genre to drama and you got yourself a decent movie. A very unfunny movie loaded with many stars. The best part about this film is Al Pacino which made me laugh more then Adam Sandler. Although I tend not to rate comedies by how funny they are but by quality, this movie still is bad. I did find funny how the kid would tape things to himself. If your an Al Pacino fan don't let the bad reviews keep you from watching this film. We all need some time to relax from good movies. Expand
  30. Dec 21, 2011
    A truly terrible movie that is a 100% waste of time and money. It's been a long time since Adam Sandler could make anyone laugh and Adam Sandler in drag is even worse. I can only pray for the day that he stops making movies all together. Don't see this movie whatever you do, staying home and staring at a blank wall for two hours would be more stimulating (and humorous) than this movie.
  31. Dec 27, 2011
    Overall Movie: 0 Acting: 0 Storyline: 0. Adam Sandler now has more misses than hits. Great films like Happy Gilmore and Dont mess with the Zohan will be forgotten altogether if he does not pull his finger out.
  32. Mar 4, 2012
    Oh my god this has to be the worst movie i have seen Period. What surprised me is that how many well renown actors were in this movie, like for example Johnny Depp and Al Pachino. How could they work with this movie. I don't even know how people like this all the good user views and the possible pot head from Boston globe who gave this a above average rating. This was so bad that even though i got a coupon to see this for free i still wanted a refund for my life back. Expand
  33. Jan 27, 2012
    This movie is the meaning of awful. Jack and Jill is Adam Sandler who plays the both Jack and Jill, and Jill is coming over for the holidays and hilarty should insue right? No. This movie never made me laugh, there was one slight chuckle but nothing else. Al Pachino, why are you in here? Here's why Al Pachino is is this movie, Al was the devil in The Devil's Advocate and Jack and Jill is hell, the devil is in hell and now it makes sense for you and me. I would rather shoot myself, than see this movie. Adam Sandler was funny in his life, but thanks to Jack and Jill and Bucky Larson (witch he wrote), I don't think he will ever be funny, ever again. This movie is DOGS#!T! Expand
  34. Apr 13, 2012
    this is probably the worst movie i have seen in a while or ever the comedy of this movie consists of childish jokes such as farts, sweat, and arm pit hair i feel so bad for adam sandler i would have killed my self and would have to hide in shame for the rest of my life if i played in this movie
  35. Apr 30, 2012
    this movie was just terrible and was just a humongous scam considering he made it really cheap knowing he would get good amount of money and the piles of terrible product placement
  36. May 26, 2013
    Not as horrible as I expected, but still a sad pathetic film to watch. I have to beg the question as to why anyone would want to be associated with this piece of trash. Everyone in this movie deserves better opportunities than being in Jack and Jill.
  37. May 30, 2012
    This is retarded.

This is even worse than Little Nicky. If anyone considered that his films were beginning to go in the right way - i.e. Funny People - this is evidence of the contrary. What happened to you, Adam Sandler?

:'(
  38. Aug 13, 2013
    Worst movie of all time. I wish Adam Sandler would start to be funny again. I miss movies like Big Daddy, Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore. Horrific movie that no one should watch.
  39. Jan 6, 2014
    Copia vagabunda do cult de Ed Wood
  40. Dec 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Adam Sandler, I believe you owe me an apology. This film is nothing more than a way for Adam Sandler to do a role that draws more attention to himself. Jack and Jill is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Sandler is obnoxious as Jill! His voice is whiny and he's not much better as Jack, making this film excruciating to watch because he's in every scene and the supporting characters are completely irrelevant. Oscar winner and 9 time Oscar nominee, Al Pacino, has a major (shameful) cameo role; he should sue Sandler for using him in this dog sh** film. Consider yourself warned! Expand
  41. Jan 3, 2013
    Jack and Jill, went up the hill to make a **** movie. Ok, so Adam Sandler plays both Jack and Jill and the story follow a loud and abnoxious Jill staying with Jack for Thanksgiving. Now, the trailer was fine but the movie, no! It never had me laughing at all and the actors were clearly bored through the time. Al Pacino did provide a couple of funny lines in it, but that's probably the saddest part in the movie. Al Pacino is in it! I don't think he should've been in this movie. Overall, Jack and Jill is just a not-funny-at-all movie filled with bad acting, a weak script and annoying fart jokes that don't make a damn sense. Expand
  42. Mar 21, 2013
    esta pelicula trae consigo una de las peores interpretaciones de sandler y lo peor es ver como la leyenda del cine al pacino se ve destrosado por un guion flojo que solo trae 2 risas durante la pelicula
  43. Jul 14, 2013
    Jack and Jill is all-time low that makes sequels to Nutty Professor seem like cinematographic masterpieces. Adam Sandler fails terribly in both of his dual roles (one in drag) delivering 1,5 hours of embarrassingly bad jokes e.g. about bodily functions and homosexuals.
  44. Jul 14, 2013
    Adam Sandler ha hecho excelentes peliculas pero en esta no le fue muy bien siento que no valoran muy bien su humor, lamentablemente en esta decallo Happy madison productions pero sin embargo no me gusta como es calificada la carrera de Adam sandler
  45. Dec 20, 2013
    Esta pelicula no me gusto, no tuvo un buen argumento y tuvo pesimos protagonistas."Jack and Jill" es una de las peores peliculas de Adam Sandler, que tambien tuvo una pesima actuacion en la pelicula.De esta pelicula solo disfrute algunos dialogos.
  46. Jan 16, 2014
    Okay, I thought no movie would be worse than 2007's atrocity "Knock Knock"
    I was clearly wrong. No matter what Sandler does later in his career, he may never be forgiven for what is, without a doubt, the worst movie ever.
  47. Jan 21, 2014
    this film doesn't even deserve to be pissed on it is one of the worst films ever made it insulting to even categorise as a comedy a comedy is supposed to be funny this is nowhere near you will have more enjoyment from amputating your ear of its so terrible in every way a movie could possibly be bad FFFFFFUUUUUUUU CCCCKKKK THIS FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Nov 16, 2011
    I'm not sure which is more freakish: the fact that this savagely unfun and relentlessly generic Adam Sandler comedy has spawned its own (infinitely more entertaining) Internet meme or the realization that something has gone seriously awry with the decision-making process of Al Pacino's agent.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Nov 12, 2011
    What makes Jack And Jill worse than the average Sandler vehicle is Jill, who's been conceived as little more than a dude in drag, hold the jokes.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Nov 12, 2011
    Adam Sandler plays a dual role in Jack and Jill, and he's a lot better as Jill than as Jack.