6.8

1. May 25, 2011
    I was expecting one of those movies where nothing happens, yet everything happens but in this case nothing does happen. Even Hoffman could not save this movie. Its like Punch Drunk love without the good parts. The only good thing is the Goldfrapp and Fleet foxes songs.
  2. Sep 24, 2010
    I'm such a huge fan of Hoffman that I went wanting (and expecting) to like this film but alas, I couldn't. I found it incoherent. Yes, the acting is wonderful but when all is said and done, so what? Great acting alone cannot make a great film. There needs to be more...and there isn't. Too bad.

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Oct 31, 2011
    Philip Seymour Hoffman puts his oar in with a tender, thoughtful adaption of Robert Glaudini's stage play. A little too measured to deliver an emotional punch, it's nevertheless beautifully acted and at times rather lovely.
  2. A specialty house crowd pleaser on par with their previous arthouse hit "The Visitor," and Hoffman should be prepared for another round of acclaim; except this time, admirers will be discussing his directing work.
    A low energy romance, a movie that rewards a filmgoer with the patience to let this affair play itself out. Sink or swim, Connie and Jack will come out of this changed. And so will we.