6.2

1. Mar 1, 2013
    Just came from seeing this with my kids. Was not too violent. Kids had a total blast and so did I. Total fun! An Oscar winner for best picture? Never, but who cares! This was totally enjoyable.
  2. Mar 2, 2013
    I don't understand Critics. They say they like the movie, go fun, very enjoyable, then they give it a 50 or a 60. This is a very fun movie. Hardly a slow point, easy to watch. The special effects were excellent. The ending was excellent. Want to have fun? Go see this movie.
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    A very fun movie that is a grand fairytale adventure, as it was meant to be. Good humor, small amount of fart or booger humor, and the typical happy ending you find in a fairy tale. A lot of critics are grouching about "originality" and such. It's a FAIRY TALE! It's a very old story, and one that people know. If they changed it all, people would be disappointed. The special effects were great, and all visuals were stimulating and drew you in. If you're looking for a fun adventure story, go see this movie. You will not be disappointed! It's also very refreshing to see a movie not filled with vulgar language! Suitable for everyone in your family! Expand
  4. dpc
    Mar 4, 2013
    Lots of fun. I brought my 6 year old and we both loved it. It's not groundbreaking, "game changing" or revolutionary, but it is a really good time at the movies. Well made, good characters, interesting situations and cool action. Critics need to pull the pole out of their butts and lighten up. All they had to do was say if you're a couple grown guys, you may want to check something else out. But if you are (or have the sense of fun of a) 5 to 13 year old, you'll love it. This was also one of the few movies I've seen recently where I didn't mind the obnoxious prices of the movie theater because I actually had fun experience. Expand
  5. Dec 14, 2013
    This was a great movie! I heard some bad things about it, but knew it had a good shot at delivering and it did.If you`re looking for an adventure look no further than Jack the Giants Slayer.
  6. Dec 7, 2013
    A great legendary adventure movie, no creepy violent scenes or bad words, my son enjoyed each scene of it suitable to all ages and very enjoying highly recommended for a family night gathering!

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Mar 18, 2013
    Singer honors a child's desire not only for adventure but for noble deeds, for loyalty and friendship. [18 March 2013, p.87]
  2. Reviewed by: David Hughes
    Mar 18, 2013
    Far from the giant mess you’d expect from the delayed release, late title change and a production history as muddled as the source material, Singer’s tall tale is snatched from disaster by an all-hell-breaks-loose third act.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Mar 11, 2013
    Not one for cynics or bedwetters, if you’re after a ripping, roaring, thigh-slapping giant of a fairytale, Bryan Singer’s blockbuster panto will be right up your beanstalk.