6.7

1. Oct 27, 2013
    A forced narrative does not do this movie any favors. As a narrative film, it is incredibly weak. As a series of sketches and stunts, it's even weaker. It's a series of setups and no punchlines. Every scene is cut short with no real endings or continuity. If you saw the trailer, you've seen everything remotely funny in this movie, and you can enjoy those stunts and sketches without havingA forced narrative does not do this movie any favors. As a narrative film, it is incredibly weak. As a series of sketches and stunts, it's even weaker. It's a series of setups and no punchlines. Every scene is cut short with no real endings or continuity. If you saw the trailer, you've seen everything remotely funny in this movie, and you can enjoy those stunts and sketches without having them ruined by a terrible film. Expand
  2. Jan 2, 2014
    though the premise seemed interesting, and the trailer is hilarious, I have to say bad grandpa is one of the worst films I've watched in my whole life. As a Jackass film, it's less funny than it's predecesors and the "story" is completely pointless; as a regular comedy, it's to vulgar and crude. This means bad grandpa stands awkwardly in the middle, with the kind of gags that will make youthough the premise seemed interesting, and the trailer is hilarious, I have to say bad grandpa is one of the worst films I've watched in my whole life. As a Jackass film, it's less funny than it's predecesors and the "story" is completely pointless; as a regular comedy, it's to vulgar and crude. This means bad grandpa stands awkwardly in the middle, with the kind of gags that will make you roll your eyes in shame, and none of the daredevil carisma that the jackass cast usually have. Giving it a 2 since the premise is interesting, and some of the sketches are pretty funny. Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    A horrible attempt at a candid comedy. Its slapstick humor and taboo behavior was the cause of, every movie-goer's worst nightmare, forced chuckles. It is so awful, you cannot look away. Unfortunately, one of the only movies I could not sit through.
  4. Jan 4, 2014
    I really wanted to like this, but the trailer gives away the entire film. Literally. All the gags with none of the artificial storyline taking his grandson to North Carolina to his deadbeat dad. The scenes are cut short and unlike Jackass, you don't really get that many reaction shots from unsuspecting accomplices. There are some, but not enough. It all leaves you with unfulfilled as theI really wanted to like this, but the trailer gives away the entire film. Literally. All the gags with none of the artificial storyline taking his grandson to North Carolina to his deadbeat dad. The scenes are cut short and unlike Jackass, you don't really get that many reaction shots from unsuspecting accomplices. There are some, but not enough. It all leaves you with unfulfilled as the there are few new unseen surprises (Irving in the male strip club was pretty good, although repulsive). Expand
  5. Jan 11, 2014
    Funny but i don't know why they needed to add a story. I feel like it was a waste and kind of ruined the funniness of the skits. I spent most of the movie cringing not from how funny or uncomfortably funny it was but because the story was so terrible.
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    Bad Grand Pa one of the most disgusting movie I seen as well as disturbing, It feels like a very long youtube prank video just made into a movie mixed with Hidden cameras. If you like seeing an old man act disgusting like suck a fake fish with a **** actuated to it then by all means this is the movie for you even though it is Johnny Knoxville dress old the pranks they do are so upsettingBad Grand Pa one of the most disgusting movie I seen as well as disturbing, It feels like a very long youtube prank video just made into a movie mixed with Hidden cameras. If you like seeing an old man act disgusting like suck a fake fish with a **** actuated to it then by all means this is the movie for you even though it is Johnny Knoxville dress old the pranks they do are so upsetting it was just stuff we did not need to see. Even though they say it is hidden cameras on the prank scenes some parts still look scripted. Overall you'll see balls dicks poop and more in this Disgusting film most critics called a good but if you know what Comedy truly means then you will understand this review truly a 0 out of 10 Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2013
    Jackass Presents this movie but it's not Jackass. I think they tried to sell the "Grandpa is gonna take care of you" angle way too hard. We all know that's not his real Grandpa so don't keep on trying to pretend it is. There's a couple laughs and a couple crude scenes that made me crack smile but overall this movie is a waste of time.
  8. Jan 18, 2014
    Another proof that most of critic writers are whores.Who ever like this movie should get medical help.Movie is good for mentally disabled people and utter garbage.
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    Watching the movie, all of the gags seemed forced and not real. The ideas was great.. but badly executed.
    I had a few laughs, but overall the movie was a failure
  10. Oct 6, 2014
    Bad Grandpa features an unusually thin and weak narrative of an already-seen-before story. There are funny moments but most revolving around raunchy themes.

1. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Oct 28, 2013
    There’s a restless inventiveness to many of the gags that are matched only by the outrageousness of their surroundings.
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Oct 25, 2013
    For all the fecal matter flying around, and all the dick jokes, Bad Grandpa turns out to be an act of redemption: It’s the anti-Borat. And for all its flaws, it might just be the most heartwarming movie of the year.
  3. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Oct 25, 2013
    In the few moments where he's left to prank people on his own, Bad Grandpa doesn't treat him like the clichéd potty mouthed kid out for shock value. Instead, he uses his childlike innocence to make the adults more uncomfortable than his grandpa's raunchier shenanigans ever could.