Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

6.6

1. Oct 25, 2013
    The gags and the movie overall was very funny, but my only complaint is that the pace of the movie was too slow. They tried to squeeze a plot in there, but to me it just didn't really fit. They should just stick with the gags when it comes to Jackass movie.
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Probably the most outrageous comedy of the year. Watching Johnny Knoxville as Irving Zisman pranking various strangers is side-splittingly hilarious at times. A few skits fall short and I'm not entirely sure that all of the people being pranked weren't in on the joke, but for the most part it is a very hilarious movie.

Surprisingly the story in this film is actually a little touching.

Surprisingly the story in this film is actually a little touching. Jackson Nicoll is very talented and I can't wait to see more from this promising young actor. Some of the funniest scenes in the movie are when he is pranking people on his own. Johnny Knoxville nails it as Irving, adding a raunchier side to the flick and some of the more outrageous stunts.

Some of its skits do fall short, and sadly the best ones are spoiled in the trailer, but overall it is a very funny and surprisingly touching movie. So if you're looking for a good comedy to check out "Bad Grandpa" is easy to recommend. So buy a ticket, sit back, and prepare to laugh.
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    One of the funniest films I've seen for a while, definitely recommend for teenagers but adults would most likely find it stupid, the movie wasn't the same as any of the other Jackass movies, but this isn't a Jackass movie, although there weren't many dangerous pranks there were still a lot of hilarious moments from the team that is Knoxville and Nicoll.
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    A movie does not necessarily always need to contain cinematic value to be considered good, and that is what critics seemingly fail to understand every time. This one, though immature at times (for all the better), is uproariously funny. Even though Bad Grandpa is far from Oscar material, it is fun to sit through and watch for a good laugh in the hustle of everyday life.
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    Probably one of the best comedy of 2013, most of pranks in this movie are super funny and well acted! Also to my surprise Bad Grandpa has main plot, well written dialog and not one boring scene! This is a must see
  6. Oct 25, 2013
    Bad Grandpa is certainly one of the funniest and most outrageous comedies of the year. Whether it's Irv going to a strip club and almost getting punched out by a male stripper, passing his grandson off as a girl so they can crash a kiddie beauty contest, or trying to transport and dispose of his late wife's body, Bad Grandpa offers plenty of situations where the hidden cameras capture theBad Grandpa is certainly one of the funniest and most outrageous comedies of the year. Whether it's Irv going to a strip club and almost getting punched out by a male stripper, passing his grandson off as a girl so they can crash a kiddie beauty contest, or trying to transport and dispose of his late wife's body, Bad Grandpa offers plenty of situations where the hidden cameras capture the varied and hilarious responses of onlookers. There are times when it seems several of these surprised viewers must be plants, and you do find yourself questioning the legitimacy of some of these "candid" moments. Still, it's funny as hell. The range of reactions (when you're not wondering who's a plant and what bit was probably scripted) range from the amused to the utterly horrified. It's amazing how much craziness people will put up with until they've finally had enough. The movie's biggest surprise is how sweet it can be at times. You come to legitimately care about Irv and Billy and are invested in how their journey together turns out and if they can work out their relationship. There's a set-piece in a biker bar near the end that's surprisingly touching (albeit in-between set-ups and pay-offs to different gags). Knoxville and Niccol have great chemistry together; the movie simply wouldn't work if they didn't. Niccol is a real find. He seems like a real kid rather than a "movie kid." With his hangdog countenance and deadpan manner, Niccol comes across like a little Walter Matthau. The Jackass gang strike again with the giddily gonzo Bad Grandpa, featuring Johnny Knoxville's Irv Zisman at his most gloriously inappropriate. Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2013
    Absolutely Hilarious, a must watch! Typical Jackass hilarity always gets to everyone at least once, Some gags aren't as good as the others, but some of them tear your sides apart, recommended to anyone who loves crude humour
  8. Oct 27, 2013
    If you're a Jackass fan you'll have some idea what to expect. Johnny Knoxville disguises himself as 86-year-old Irving Zisman and takes a road trip with his 8-year-old grandson (Jackson Nicholl, who's already an amazingly confident and gifted comic presence). They play out the simple narrative in real places with real people getting involved and reacting to the outrageous things thatIf you're a Jackass fan you'll have some idea what to expect. Johnny Knoxville disguises himself as 86-year-old Irving Zisman and takes a road trip with his 8-year-old grandson (Jackson Nicholl, who's already an amazingly confident and gifted comic presence). They play out the simple narrative in real places with real people getting involved and reacting to the outrageous things that Zisman does. The laffs are plentiful, as long as you're amused by gross bodily functions, genital humor and irreverent situations. Despite the craziness, Knoxville's talent as an actor adds realism and emotion to this expedition in crazy excess. Think Jackass meets Candid Camera. Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    This movie was hilarious and so funny! I recommend going to see this movie. There is a catch though. Before you see the movie so you won't be lost, you should learn what jackass is and what they're about. You should also get to know who Johnny Knoxville is. By knowing what jackass is and what they are about it'll make the movie a lot more funny for you. This is the first thing jackass hasThis movie was hilarious and so funny! I recommend going to see this movie. There is a catch though. Before you see the movie so you won't be lost, you should learn what jackass is and what they're about. You should also get to know who Johnny Knoxville is. By knowing what jackass is and what they are about it'll make the movie a lot more funny for you. This is the first thing jackass has had come out for a long time. Anyway the movie was great. They did an amazing job with the costumes! Ultimately the best part about this movie is that it's not scripted and there is real reactions from people. If I were you if go see this movie. Expand
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    I really really really enjoyed watching this movie. It's nice to see Johnny Knoxville not get punched, rammed, stabbed, or seriously injured for once. The story didn't feel out of place or unnecessary, and the actors were great to watch. Billy was hilarious, Johnny Knoxville was hilarious, and the gags were hilarious. Viewing in a group setting just added to the experience. It's JackassI really really really enjoyed watching this movie. It's nice to see Johnny Knoxville not get punched, rammed, stabbed, or seriously injured for once. The story didn't feel out of place or unnecessary, and the actors were great to watch. Billy was hilarious, Johnny Knoxville was hilarious, and the gags were hilarious. Viewing in a group setting just added to the experience. It's Jackass with a Borat spin--great genuine comedy that's a must-see. Expand
  11. Oct 31, 2013
    This movie made me laugh. I'd give the movie a fair 6/10 at least, even if all the people's reactions were staged. If they were real like I'm assuming they were, then I give it an 8
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    Jackass with a storyline. 99% of this movie is pranks. The only problem with my viewing of it was that they spoiled all the best parts in the commercials- which is a horrible way to advertise a movie. Either way, it's Jackass, it's Knoxville, it's Dickhouse- it was a must see to me. As the opening credits zoomed by, the opening of the movie will leave you ready to laugh throughout. I lovedJackass with a storyline. 99% of this movie is pranks. The only problem with my viewing of it was that they spoiled all the best parts in the commercials- which is a horrible way to advertise a movie. Either way, it's Jackass, it's Knoxville, it's Dickhouse- it was a must see to me. As the opening credits zoomed by, the opening of the movie will leave you ready to laugh throughout. I loved this movie- the outrageous stuff that these guys do. I don't want to spoil anything more than the commercials already have, but if you like Jackass, go see it- you will not think of it as a waste of money. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2013
    the movie is good ill say that lol bad grandpa aims at being a grotesque blue humor style comedy and it pulls it off well; there will be tons of scenes in this movie that will have you laughing out loud! youre not forcing yourself to laugh like other comedy movies these days and youre actually laughing cause you find the movie scenes comical; bad grandpa succeeds in what it tries to do,the movie is good ill say that lol bad grandpa aims at being a grotesque blue humor style comedy and it pulls it off well; there will be tons of scenes in this movie that will have you laughing out loud! youre not forcing yourself to laugh like other comedy movies these days and youre actually laughing cause you find the movie scenes comical; bad grandpa succeeds in what it tries to do, which is to get the audience to laugh; the old man and the kid make a good duo also and their chemistry on screen makes the film all the better; both characters stand out in their own different ways, and they both pull off interesting scenes in their own ways! there is actually a little bit of a story in here too and its a nice little bonus to this movie!

overall good movie! i enjoyed it! if you take this movie for the grotesque style that it is, and appreciate this movie in all style and approach, then you got one of the top comedy movies of this year!

what is keeping me from giving this movie a 10 is just that i wasnt rolling around on the ground laughing my ass off! sure this movie made me laugh out loud, but ive laughed harder before lol
  14. Nov 28, 2013
    As far as Jacka** movies go, it's funny, satirical and outrageous! I really loved how they blended in the real-life pranks with a story. That's something new and fresh that I really got hooked into. Now the ending is not that big of a surprise, but other than that, this is one documentary style good ole jacka** movie. I give it a B+!
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    Though there really isn't anything new from Jonny Knoxville in Bad Grandpa, it has some very funny moments that don't rely on people getting hurt. Knoxville provides his style of comedy while giving us a story that wasn't there in Jackass.
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    Truly one of the most laugh out loud comedies of the year. Although it is not as smart as This Is The End humor wise, I found myself laughing through out the film. I never expected it to be smarter than This Is The End which in my opinion is one of funniest comedies this year, but I found it funnier than end of the world buddy film. I would definitely want to see this as soon as possibleTruly one of the most laugh out loud comedies of the year. Although it is not as smart as This Is The End humor wise, I found myself laughing through out the film. I never expected it to be smarter than This Is The End which in my opinion is one of funniest comedies this year, but I found it funnier than end of the world buddy film. I would definitely want to see this as soon as possible but I can understand if you would think this not a theater experience. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2013
    I've been an avid fan of Jackass since I saw CKY2K at far to young of an age. I've been hooked since, and was beyond sad after they finished the second movie. At the time, Iwas under the influence that would be the end of it. Luckily, we got Jackass 3, which was more than I could ever hope for. After three I pretty much knew it was over.

Surprisingly just a few months ago, I heard

Surprisingly just a few months ago, I heard about Bad Grandpa. The premise seemed decent, and the trailer was very funny. I have to accept that Johnny Knoxville can't pull pranks on random people anymore, as he is definitely too recognizable. In an interview on the bonus features for Jackass 3.5, he says after the first season of the show he had problems with people recognizing him without the old man makeup. So even though I would rather have a Jackass 4, this isn't it, and I can't compare it to the others. It isn't that kind of movie.

Bad Grandpa is more like Borat and Bruno than any Jackass movie. Sure, there have been some similar Jackass skits in the passed, especially the "Bad Grandpa" skit from Jackass Number Two, but this movie has a story. It's apparent the story is only there to get you from one skit to the next, but that works. Most people aren't there to watch the story, they want to see people's reactions to an old man getting his penis stuck in a vending machine. In the realm of actors wearing disguises and pranking random people, this isn't the best or the worst. It definitely isn't as funny as Borat, but I would put it around the same scale as Bruno, maybe slightly higher. It's very genuinely funny, and some of the funniest parts are actually from the staged parts of the movie. Johnny Knoxville does a great job as a creepy 86-year-old man, and Jackson Nicoll did so much better than I thought possible. Also, in comparison to all other comedies we have had this year, it's definitely on my top three. I recommend it to anyone who liked Borat or Jackass.
  18. Nov 26, 2013
    The funniest movie of 2013. Although it's not really a jackass movie, it satisfies my hunger for the series. Johnny Knoxville and the child that plays his grandson are great. Go see it!!
  19. PHJ
    Dec 16, 2013
    What to say about a Jackass production, but in Bad Grandpa what you see isn't stupidity under stupidity, the movies tryes to have a history with the grandpa and the grandson, witch is nice, but I don't know, they aren't really the best in histories, just in stupidies, but there is a history, a diferencial comparing with the oder Jackass.

In the point of comedy the movie makes it very

In the point of comedy the movie makes it very good, I really recomend, if you are in a bad day and want to laugh a lot, that's it, in the terms of comedy the movie deserves a 9.0, but mixed with a very boring history I goes with 7.0, a nice movie but nothing more than that.
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    While considerably toned down when compared to other “Jackass” properties, it doesn’t stop this film from being incredibly funny and, shockingly, tender at times, as well. Sure, much of the movie is predictable and you know where they are going most of the time with their hidden camera pranks but it’s still all in good fun and adding those pranks to an actual story made for a niceWhile considerably toned down when compared to other “Jackass” properties, it doesn’t stop this film from being incredibly funny and, shockingly, tender at times, as well. Sure, much of the movie is predictable and you know where they are going most of the time with their hidden camera pranks but it’s still all in good fun and adding those pranks to an actual story made for a nice “Borat”-style feel. Expand
  21. Feb 5, 2014
    Bad Grandpa is a very funny comedy that is basically a bunch of skits rolled into one film and most of the skits really work. There are a few that don't but overall this film had me laughing a lot. A-
  22. Feb 13, 2014
    First off, Yes it actually does have a plot but that does not take away from the funniness of it one bit. Many times through out I laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe. I'd definitely recommend it, Especially if you love the Jackass show and films.
  23. Mar 7, 2014
    to all the asswholes who said this is not related to jackass movies guess what your wrong . jhonny knoxville back again in mtv's jackass i think it is the new jackass and it is funny expect the dirty pranks . but who cares its jackass . but i did find it funny
  24. May 24, 2014
    It feels a little overlong, but the movie provides several very funny moments the keep it going. Some of it seemed fake while other parts genuinely seemed real.
  25. May 25, 2014
    Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa is not like all the other installments in the Jackass franchise this time around it actually has a story with characters and not just people doing pranks/jokes on people. That being said it still does have the felling a jackass movie same old laughs with Johnny Knoxville doing crazy stunts. It may not be the movie that all fans of Jackass wanted but i thoughtJackass Presents: Bad Grandpa is not like all the other installments in the Jackass franchise this time around it actually has a story with characters and not just people doing pranks/jokes on people. That being said it still does have the felling a jackass movie same old laughs with Johnny Knoxville doing crazy stunts. It may not be the movie that all fans of Jackass wanted but i thought it turned out better then when i first heard about it. Making a whole movie about one skit from the previous Jackass films who would have thought it would have turned out this good.

Irving Zisman (Knoxville) Wife has just died so now he wants to go out and have a good time and hit on women but while at her funeral Irving's daughter shows up and makes a scene and tells him she is going to prison and he now has to take care of his grandson. Irving not wanting to take care of the kid tries to pawn him off on his low life father Chuck(Greg Harris). Chuck says he will take the kid but Irving has to drive him down to North Carolina and now we have our movie. The plot is nothing special and thats how its supposed to be the movie takes you prank by prank showing you the reactions of the people whether you believe they don't know is up to you. For me it seemed like a couple of the skits people knew something was going on and it didn't feel real like others.

Overall I give it a 7.0 the movie had me laughing a lot and on one skit i noticed that my cheeks hurt after i was done laughing. I do have to say though I wish they didn't show the last skit in the trailer because that was a great part of the film and it wasn't as funny because i had already seen it. I even said that when i watched the trailer just like in The Worlds End they show you the fence skit in the trailer and it just wasn't as funny as it should have been.
  26. Jun 7, 2014
    Without a doubt one of the funnest movies of 2013 and reassures us that Paramount Pictures can still produces quality films. Bad Grandpa, story wise is nothing to write home about, however it will leave you in fits on laughter. They have done a really good job with getting the reactions of so called "randoms", which makes the movie all the funnier! The pranks are golden! Very recommendable.
  27. Jan 12, 2015
    this movie was just hilarious. i could not believe how well it turned out with the risky setup of a hidden camera movie with the general public of america but it works so well due to the fact that the people give great reactions that you could almost believe it was scripted and just had me in stitches. johnny knoxville and Jackson Nicoll are both excellent i haven't seen the extended cutthis movie was just hilarious. i could not believe how well it turned out with the risky setup of a hidden camera movie with the general public of america but it works so well due to the fact that the people give great reactions that you could almost believe it was scripted and just had me in stitches. johnny knoxville and Jackson Nicoll are both excellent i haven't seen the extended cut but i imagine it is great as well and i would love to see Jackass do something like this again Expand
  28. Feb 16, 2016
    Dir: Mark Pellington
    Stars: Richard Gere, Laura Linney, David Eigenberg, Bob Tracey

A reporter is drawn to a small West Virginia town to investigate a series of strange events, including psychic visions and the appearance of bizarre entities.

Click here

1. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Oct 28, 2013
    There’s a restless inventiveness to many of the gags that are matched only by the outrageousness of their surroundings.
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Oct 25, 2013
    For all the fecal matter flying around, and all the dick jokes, Bad Grandpa turns out to be an act of redemption: It’s the anti-Borat. And for all its flaws, it might just be the most heartwarming movie of the year.
  3. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Oct 25, 2013
    In the few moments where he's left to prank people on his own, Bad Grandpa doesn't treat him like the clichéd potty mouthed kid out for shock value. Instead, he uses his childlike innocence to make the adults more uncomfortable than his grandpa's raunchier shenanigans ever could.