6.2

1. NickG
    Jun 8, 2009
    I give it a zero and that would be a compliment judging the fact I cannot give it a lower rating.This is by far the worst movie I've ever seen and I absolutely dreaded every second of it.What a sad excuse for a horror movie.I have seen by far better movies that get lower scores.It never seemed to work on any scene as it escaped from being a horror to a sci fi in space.
  2. GaborA.
    Jun 26, 2004
    Easily fits into the genre of so bad that its funny. However, cheesy graphics and repetetiveness prevent the movie from falling into so bad that its entertaining catagorey.
  3. LewisC.
    Aug 6, 2004
    Who the f.. are these people rating this film a 10, you are seriously screwed up, there was nothing either funny nor scary about this trash. I was unlucky enough to rent beings I was quite intrigued by the whole vorhees thing years ago but man does this film suck, and as for the special effects - how much of a budget did they have to spend on this shite, not amused.
  4. Jackie
    May 6, 2006
    this movie was the stupidest movie i ever saw! all of Jason's movie are great but this one was a disappointing one!!! the plot was stupid and the at the end when he becomes updated was stupid!!! I don't recommend this movie!!
  5. JamesP.
    Oct 29, 2002
    Ok jason is so popular we have decieded to take the p***.
  6. MattM.
    Apr 29, 2002
    "Jason X" is a complete waste of time. The film revels in its badness. It would be quite surprising if the filmmakers weren't drunk the whole process of constructing this picture. Of course, it doesn't help that all of the characters are perfect morons, though it is refreshing to know that people in 2455 are just as stupid as they were in the 1980s. Like in all typical slasher "Jason X" is a complete waste of time. The film revels in its badness. It would be quite surprising if the filmmakers weren't drunk the whole process of constructing this picture. Of course, it doesn't help that all of the characters are perfect morons, though it is refreshing to know that people in 2455 are just as stupid as they were in the 1980s. Like in all typical slasher flicks, the characters' idea to stop the killer is to split up and wander through the darkest corridors they can find. It's honestly infuriating. The only thing that saves "Jason X" even remotely is its self-mockery of an ending. The theater literally erupted in laughter. Further proof that the horror genre needs to be killed and buried permanently, "Jason X" is an utter catastrophe. Expand
  7. KatayoonH.
    Apr 30, 2002
    Aweful and ridiculous! They should know that the era of these movies has come to an end!
  8. KyleD.
    May 7, 2002
    I thought this movie was a joke that someone had spliced into the previews at the movie theather. Until it actually came out I had laughed at the thought of another jason and this time he gets a mutation...how original (as sarcastic as possible).
  9. MaxG.
    Jul 3, 2003
    O.K. I love friday the 13th movies but this one sucked and I hated the whole idea of it being set in the future if they make another one I hope its not like this one!!.
  10. Jonathan
    Aug 17, 2003
    It has horrible action i've seen cartoons scarier than jason x the next movie should have more blood,voilence and monsters the next movie should have freddy,jason ,michaelmyers all fighting each other and should have every monster fight and also it should be at least last 2 in a half hours with lots of horror then the movie shall scare the pants the pants of people ibet the'yllIt has horrible action i've seen cartoons scarier than jason x the next movie should have more blood,voilence and monsters the next movie should have freddy,jason ,michaelmyers all fighting each other and should have every monster fight and also it should be at least last 2 in a half hours with lots of horror then the movie shall scare the pants the pants of people ibet the'yll love it ill rate it 3456789 so please make a movie like that sign jonathan umana Expand
  11. GabrielX.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Really, what a bad movie.
  12. PaulD.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Becomes pointless when Jason can't be killed. Only saving grace is that it has some black humor. Time to retire the Friday the 13th series. Surely, 10 movies are more than enough.
  13. MichaelR.
    Oct 18, 2002
    Memo to New Line from critics: We promise to give the second and third installments of Lord of the Rings great reviews if you promise never to preview poorly made, witless crap like this to us ever again.
  14. Nov 4, 2010
    Jason has an upgrade suit? please. horror killers don't have some crap like that
  15. Nov 27, 2011
    I think it was an original addition to the franchise and it was better then most of the other films in the franchise as well. However it is rather stupid and the acting is pretty terrible.
  16. Jun 13, 2011
    HORRIBLE!!! I can not stand this movie. Now don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of the Friday The 13th Franchise but this movie should've been burned when it was put on the shelf.
  17. Jan 13, 2013
    Its more of a comedy than a horror. It just ruined the entire Jason series. The first 3 are excellent but this one just had no scare. And a range of terrible deaths made a loss of action.
  18. Jul 16, 2013
    The Friday the 13th series stared getting ridiculous after Friday the 13th part 6,so I don't count this as a Friday the 13th movie.It's stupid,the characters are bad and is an insult to the Friday the 13th series.
  19. Oct 19, 2013
    Another Jason movie and this time in space. The movie is boring, annoying and I wish I didn't waste my time watching it. They put zero effort in it Gave it one point for Lexa Doig.
  20. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sooo dissapointing movie . absolutely worst action and worst direction .. also the lead roles are worst too .. so much waste to watch movie also that space thing is doomed Expand

1. Jason X conjures up more giggles than scares, assuming you make it through the first 15 minutes.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    A moviegoer's only defense against Jason is to avoid theaters showing this gruesome and derivative movie.
  3. A happily self-aware body-count flick that's as brutally funny as it is plain-old brutal. A broad slash of scary, sci-fi fun, the project leapfrogs all the Scream and Last Summer junk to carve itself a new, high-tech niche.