6.3

1. NickG
    Jun 8, 2009
    I give it a zero and that would be a compliment judging the fact I cannot give it a lower rating.This is by far the worst movie I've ever seen and I absolutely dreaded every second of it.What a sad excuse for a horror movie.I have seen by far better movies that get lower scores.It never seemed to work on any scene as it escaped from being a horror to a sci fi in space.
  2. DaveD.
    Jan 6, 2006
    Not the best Jason film I've seen, but definitely the most imaginative. The special effects rock, it's freakin hilarious, and some of the characters are cool too. Plus, if anyone wants to see what one of these is like with character development and plot, pick up the novel of Jason X. It's surprising just how good it is.
  3. Mar 30, 2012
    This movie is freakin' terrible. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. So why did I give it an 8 out of 10? Because it might be the most unintentionally funny movie I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing for the entire movie.
  4. JasonVoorhees
    Jan 8, 2004
    How can anyone not like this movie? The triumphant return of Jason, a bevy of hot chicks, nice body count. If you didn't like this movie, you have no taste.
  5. RobC.
    Jun 4, 2002
    This movie was allright it was not as good as friday the 13th part 8 jason takes the big apple.
  6. AndreaP.
    Feb 9, 2004
    This is the best movie i have ever seen.
  7. GaborA.
    Jun 26, 2004
    Easily fits into the genre of so bad that its funny. However, cheesy graphics and repetetiveness prevent the movie from falling into so bad that its entertaining catagorey.
  8. LewisC.
    Aug 6, 2004
    Who the f.. are these people rating this film a 10, you are seriously screwed up, there was nothing either funny nor scary about this trash. I was unlucky enough to rent beings I was quite intrigued by the whole vorhees thing years ago but man does this film suck, and as for the special effects - how much of a budget did they have to spend on this shite, not amused.
  9. Jackie
    May 6, 2006
    this movie was the stupidest movie i ever saw! all of Jason's movie are great but this one was a disappointing one!!! the plot was stupid and the at the end when he becomes updated was stupid!!! I don't recommend this movie!!
  10. JamesP.
    Oct 29, 2002
    Ok jason is so popular we have decieded to take the p***.
  11. DanC.
    Apr 28, 2002
    Quite possibly the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life!!! INGENIOUS!!!
  12. MattM.
    Apr 29, 2002
    "Jason X" is a complete waste of time. The film revels in its badness. It would be quite surprising if the filmmakers weren't drunk the whole process of constructing this picture. Of course, it doesn't help that all of the characters are perfect morons, though it is refreshing to know that people in 2455 are just as stupid as they were in the 1980s. Like in all typical slasher "Jason X" is a complete waste of time. The film revels in its badness. It would be quite surprising if the filmmakers weren't drunk the whole process of constructing this picture. Of course, it doesn't help that all of the characters are perfect morons, though it is refreshing to know that people in 2455 are just as stupid as they were in the 1980s. Like in all typical slasher flicks, the characters' idea to stop the killer is to split up and wander through the darkest corridors they can find. It's honestly infuriating. The only thing that saves "Jason X" even remotely is its self-mockery of an ending. The theater literally erupted in laughter. Further proof that the horror genre needs to be killed and buried permanently, "Jason X" is an utter catastrophe. Expand
  13. KatayoonH.
    Apr 30, 2002
    Aweful and ridiculous! They should know that the era of these movies has come to an end!
  14. KyleD.
    May 7, 2002
    I thought this movie was a joke that someone had spliced into the previews at the movie theather. Until it actually came out I had laughed at the thought of another jason and this time he gets a mutation...how original (as sarcastic as possible).
  15. AllanT.
    Jan 11, 2003
    Mmmmmmm.....blood!!!
  16. KevinS.
    Nov 1, 2003
    I love the movie so much i wanted to see it again.The movie is amazing and alittle scary.
  17. IanM.
    Jan 17, 2003
    It's a great movie, not as much blod as i thought but great.
  18. JenseC.
    Mar 13, 2003
    The film was just fine for people who love the slasher-kind-of-movies, although there are not alot of things possible in our reality,the movie want to proof otherwise (the year is 2455,so...) good to watch before going to bed, but certainly not one to buy!
  19. TheElusivePossom
    May 27, 2003
    Well, with a premise involving a psycho-hockey-mask-wearing serial killer aboard a futuristic space ship that can regenerate himself, you just know that this is going to be a pile of inundulating cack. But that's not why I'd watch it. Surprisingly, the redeeming features in this film lie in it's imagination and humour. The death scenes in this movie are numerous and Well, with a premise involving a psycho-hockey-mask-wearing serial killer aboard a futuristic space ship that can regenerate himself, you just know that this is going to be a pile of inundulating cack. But that's not why I'd watch it. Surprisingly, the redeeming features in this film lie in it's imagination and humour. The death scenes in this movie are numerous and generally intuitive (liquid nitrogen on face ;)) and there are one or two rare moments that will LITERALLY have you laughing your head off (a scene in a virtual woodland with 2 girls springs to mind). Also, the DVD houses a pleasingly appropriate interface to browse. Why not hire it for a laugh? Expand
  20. MaxG.
    Jul 3, 2003
    O.K. I love friday the 13th movies but this one sucked and I hated the whole idea of it being set in the future if they make another one I hope its not like this one!!.
  21. Jonathan
    Aug 17, 2003
    It has horrible action i've seen cartoons scarier than jason x the next movie should have more blood,voilence and monsters the next movie should have freddy,jason ,michaelmyers all fighting each other and should have every monster fight and also it should be at least last 2 in a half hours with lots of horror then the movie shall scare the pants the pants of people ibet the'yllIt has horrible action i've seen cartoons scarier than jason x the next movie should have more blood,voilence and monsters the next movie should have freddy,jason ,michaelmyers all fighting each other and should have every monster fight and also it should be at least last 2 in a half hours with lots of horror then the movie shall scare the pants the pants of people ibet the'yll love it ill rate it 3456789 so please make a movie like that sign jonathan umana Expand
  22. GabrielX.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Really, what a bad movie.
  23. PaulD.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Becomes pointless when Jason can't be killed. Only saving grace is that it has some black humor. Time to retire the Friday the 13th series. Surely, 10 movies are more than enough.
  24. GilbertMulroneycakesLiveAtTheHollywoodBowl
    Nov 27, 2002
    Titter. This film WAS A joke. That's the point. Look, everyone, it says, I'm an imbecile! Really not worth spending cinema-ticket-and-popcorn money on, but rent it if you're after a nice, brainless waste of time. It's rubbish; but it knows it's rubbish. Which doesn't make it less rubbish, but it does make it more entertaining.
  25. MichaelR.
    Oct 18, 2002
    Memo to New Line from critics: We promise to give the second and third installments of Lord of the Rings great reviews if you promise never to preview poorly made, witless crap like this to us ever again.
  26. ChristianD.
    Apr 26, 2002
    This is what good movies are all about: headless torsos, screaming cuties covered with their just-been slashed boyfriends blood and plain black humor! Jason delivers the goods as usual. Go see this movie, you will have the time of your life!
  27. JoeR.
    May 17, 2002
    Alright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is a Friday the 13th movie! Christ almighty. What do you expect? It's isn't supposed to be anything more than mindless entertainment, and Alright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is a Friday the 13th movie! Christ almighty. What do you expect? It's isn't supposed to be anything more than mindless entertainment, and boy does it entertain. It has great killings, real humor, and it never takes itself seriously, which adds to the fun. You critics need to get a damn life already. No movie is ever good enough for you. Why don't write your own movie so everyone can rip it to shreds. See how that feels. Jason X isn't very original, but who cares. It's fun. Most action movies are the same. Most dramas are the same. Most comedies are the same. Most horror movies are the same. So what! Everything is a rip-off of everything else. Deal with it. The main thing is how this movie makes you feel, which is like you just came home from a good party. Do yourself a favor and see this movie. It's as fun as Spiderman and Star Wars II. It's just a different kind of fun. Expand
  28. Vormulac
    Jul 14, 2002
    Doesn't take itself even remotely seriously thank God. Entertaining in the desired predictable, high body-count sort of way you would expect of a Friday 13th sequel. Mercifully infinitely superior to H20.
  29. AnthonyF
    Jul 15, 2009
    The filmmakers have fun with the absurdity of the series in this one. Jason X is better than a lot of the original sequels partially because everyone involved in it knows it's stupid. The plot is stupid, the characters are stupid, the dialog is stupid, and we, the audience, for buying into it, are stupid too. For that, everyone is happy. Sort of.
  30. RenéH.
    Dec 26, 2002
    For a part 10! Movie it was OK! Can´t wait for Jason vs Freddy!
  31. Aug 23, 2010
    by no means look at that score of 5 and think im doing that because its was a ok movie. no it gets a 6 for how awsomely bad its is . what do i mean by "awsomely bad" ? i mean a film thats acted so bad , a story so stupidly rediculas its comical . not many films meet this standerd most films are just horrable , bad , wachable , ok , good , great , or awsome . very few meet my awsomely badby no means look at that score of 5 and think im doing that because its was a ok movie. no it gets a 6 for how awsomely bad its is . what do i mean by "awsomely bad" ? i mean a film thats acted so bad , a story so stupidly rediculas its comical . not many films meet this standerd most films are just horrable , bad , wachable , ok , good , great , or awsome . very few meet my awsomely bad standerd . this film should be viewed by no one . unless you get the laugh of how exceptionaly comicaly bad theese kinda films are . Expand
  32. Nov 4, 2010
    Jason has an upgrade suit? please. horror killers don't have some crap like that
  33. Nov 27, 2011
    I think it was an original addition to the franchise and it was better then most of the other films in the franchise as well. However it is rather stupid and the acting is pretty terrible.
  34. Apr 23, 2013
    Is it stupid? Yes! Is it entertaining? Well, I would say so. The plot is incredibly silly, Jason Voorhees in space. That alone makes you know that this isn't gonna be taken seriously. But out of all the Jason movies, I think this one has the most body count. Speaking of that, the gore was pretty good and I come back mostly to watch that. Overall, it is a stupid movie, but its also fun andIs it stupid? Yes! Is it entertaining? Well, I would say so. The plot is incredibly silly, Jason Voorhees in space. That alone makes you know that this isn't gonna be taken seriously. But out of all the Jason movies, I think this one has the most body count. Speaking of that, the gore was pretty good and I come back mostly to watch that. Overall, it is a stupid movie, but its also fun and imaginative. I kinda like this better than "Jason Goes to Hell". Expand
  35. Apr 25, 2015
    Once you get over the absurdity of the premise you can see the potential for a good film here. A slasher film set in space sounds awesome. While we technically already got that with 1979's "Alien" this movie had the advantage of having a legendary horror villain to use that could have set it to greatness. However the results aren't as satisfying.

In it's best moments it can seem like a

In it's best moments it can seem like a low-budget version of Alien. In it's worst the intentionally self-aware sense of humor cranks up the absurdity dial and pulls you out of the experience. Not that it was that great of a movie anyway. As always with this series the scares are non-existent and the appeal is just on watching characters get killed in brutally amusing ways while maybe getting to see some boobs in the process. It's mindless, but entertaining.

You think that the jokes would actually end up adding some value to the experience, but they actually just end up bringing it down. Self-aware doesn't always equal funny. Sometimes the jokes can just be cringe worthy. However the only times things get bad is during an intentionally goofy showdown between Jason and a one-liner spouting android. That whole scene is just awful.

I think the film would actually have benefited if it had taken the serious tone of the earlier Friday the 13th films. The idea would still be out there, but at least we would have avoided the bad jokes. As it stand though there is some entertainment to be had here. It can be quite fun and it's pretty cool to see Jason cutting down space marines. Your enjoyment depends on whether or not you can get behind the premise, as well as how big a fan you are of this series. As far as I'm concerned it's far from Jason's worst killing spree.

I give "Jason X" a 6.5/10.
  36. Jun 13, 2011
    HORRIBLE!!! I can not stand this movie. Now don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of the Friday The 13th Franchise but this movie should've been burned when it was put on the shelf.
  37. Nov 5, 2012
    Incredibly underrated imo. I really don't know see why people hate it so much. The acting is weak but what makes up for it is that it's so memorable and Uber-Jason is a complete bad-ass lol.
  38. Sep 9, 2012
    Almost like Jason becomes The Terminator. Has some good moments, but the plot is inane and there's too much comedy here for my taste. Hodder, again, is great in the role of Jason. Some slick kills, but the characters are un-likeable and somewhat idiotic.
  39. Jan 13, 2013
    Its more of a comedy than a horror. It just ruined the entire Jason series. The first 3 are excellent but this one just had no scare. And a range of terrible deaths made a loss of action.
  40. Jul 16, 2013
    The Friday the 13th series stared getting ridiculous after Friday the 13th part 6,so I don't count this as a Friday the 13th movie.It's stupid,the characters are bad and is an insult to the Friday the 13th series.
  41. Oct 19, 2013
    Another Jason movie and this time in space. The movie is boring, annoying and I wish I didn't waste my time watching it. They put zero effort in it Gave it one point for Lexa Doig.
  42. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sooo dissapointing movie . absolutely worst action and worst direction .. also the lead roles are worst too .. so much waste to watch movie also that space thing is doomed Expand

1. Jason X conjures up more giggles than scares, assuming you make it through the first 15 minutes.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    A moviegoer's only defense against Jason is to avoid theaters showing this gruesome and derivative movie.
  3. A happily self-aware body-count flick that's as brutally funny as it is plain-old brutal. A broad slash of scary, sci-fi fun, the project leapfrogs all the Scream and Last Summer junk to carve itself a new, high-tech niche.