New Line Cinema | Release Date: April 26, 2002
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 131 Ratings
Watch Now
ReactionsJul 31, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie IS NOT a movie to be terrified of. People who hate this movie seemed to be from a viewpoint that it was intended to be a masterpiece in the F13th Franchise. However I view it as a self aware title that is amazing. The kills are out right ridiculous and allow Jason to do things that we haven't really seen before as an audience. Of course there are stupid things like "I think he's mad give him back his machete" but to me it is the studio being aware that counselors commit stupid troupes. How many times do we see the counselors about to get frisky and *bang!* Jason is there to stop that sh*t like he was a Catholic mother. If anyone has seen Jason goes to hell they will know how stupid and ridiculous this movie series can get. How we got from a sack-head killer taking revenge on his experiences at the camp following his dead mother, to a black cannibalistic cop will forever be a mystery to me. That being said I believe they all bring entertainment value.

The overall costume design is not bad but more of a silly thing where they re-shine his mask and add a cyborg element to him for some unknown reason other to say "Hey we're in the future guys isn't that cool?"

The movie has some smart ideas in it as well not that many but some need to be recognized. One of which is a hologram of camp Crystal Lake used to try and confuse Jason, (After all the man is well over the average life expectancy and has literally been dragged to hell, drowned at the bottom of a lake, had a boat telepathically dropped on him, stabbed numerous times,and hung) so for him to be tricked shouldn't be that unbelievable. The film also uses it's environment in a way that makes sense. Air locks can be a blessing and a curse and you feel like the poster should say "In space no one can hear you scream".

So in summary its one of those movies that you can laugh and scream at (whether that was the intended reaction or not) alone or with friends. Be open minded and maybe, just maybe you will have a very pleasant movie experience. Thanks for making it to the end of this and this is Reactions signing off.
imthenoobNov 5, 2012
Incredibly underrated imo. I really don't know see why people hate it so much. The acting is weak but what makes up for it is that it's so memorable and Uber-Jason is a complete bad-ass lol.
keep_yr_biasMar 30, 2012
This movie is freakin' terrible. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. So why did I give it an 8 out of 10? Because it might be the most unintentionally funny movie I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing for the entire movie.
DaveD.Jan 6, 2006
Not the best Jason film I've seen, but definitely the most imaginative. The special effects rock, it's freakin hilarious, and some of the characters are cool too. Plus, if anyone wants to see what one of these is like with Not the best Jason film I've seen, but definitely the most imaginative. The special effects rock, it's freakin hilarious, and some of the characters are cool too. Plus, if anyone wants to see what one of these is like with character development and plot, pick up the novel of Jason X. It's surprising just how good it is. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
kyle20ellisAug 9, 2016
Alright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is aAlright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is a Friday the 13th movie! Christ almighty. What do you expect? It's isn't supposed to be anything more than mindless entertainment, and boy does it entertain. It has great killings, real humor, and it never takes itself seriously, which adds to the fun. You critics need to get a damn life already. No movie is ever good enough for you. Why don't write your own movie so everyone can rip it to shreds. See how that feels. Jason X isn't very original, but who cares. It's fun. Most action movies are the same. Most dramas are the same. Most comedies are the same. Most horror movies are the same. So what! Everything is a rip-off of everything else. Deal with it. The main thing is how this movie makes you feel, which is like you just came home from a good party. Do yourself a favor and see this movie. It's as fun as Spiderman and Star Wars II. It's just a different kind of fun. Expand
GamecubeLoverAug 20, 2016
This is a so bad its good movie. But it does have a ridiculous plot and acting. But it is very entertaining to see Jason in space! But I can see why people hate this movie.