New Line Cinema | Release Date: April 26, 2002
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 130 Ratings
Watch Now
robertoiglesiasOct 4, 2017
Wow. Jason in space what a STUPID idea! This is my 2nd LEAST favorite in the series after Jason Goes to Hell. It ruins the series and it wrecked Jason and the timeline.
MrTacoBobJul 14, 2017
I know Jason X was trying to break the 4th wall but I did not want it THIS way. In space? REALLY? I try to like Jason X but I just can't. Its a horrible movie which had no point of being made.
GamecubeLoverAug 20, 2016
This is a so bad its good movie. But it does have a ridiculous plot and acting. But it is very entertaining to see Jason in space! But I can see why people hate this movie.
kyle20ellisAug 9, 2016
Alright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is aAlright, this movie was great. This was honestly some of the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time, and I go fairly often. All you losers that think this movie sucks because it has no character development or great plot...this is a Friday the 13th movie! Christ almighty. What do you expect? It's isn't supposed to be anything more than mindless entertainment, and boy does it entertain. It has great killings, real humor, and it never takes itself seriously, which adds to the fun. You critics need to get a damn life already. No movie is ever good enough for you. Why don't write your own movie so everyone can rip it to shreds. See how that feels. Jason X isn't very original, but who cares. It's fun. Most action movies are the same. Most dramas are the same. Most comedies are the same. Most horror movies are the same. So what! Everything is a rip-off of everything else. Deal with it. The main thing is how this movie makes you feel, which is like you just came home from a good party. Do yourself a favor and see this movie. It's as fun as Spiderman and Star Wars II. It's just a different kind of fun. Expand
ReactionsJul 31, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie IS NOT a movie to be terrified of. People who hate this movie seemed to be from a viewpoint that it was intended to be a masterpiece in the F13th Franchise. However I view it as a self aware title that is amazing. The kills are out right ridiculous and allow Jason to do things that we haven't really seen before as an audience. Of course there are stupid things like "I think he's mad give him back his machete" but to me it is the studio being aware that counselors commit stupid troupes. How many times do we see the counselors about to get frisky and *bang!* Jason is there to stop that sh*t like he was a Catholic mother. If anyone has seen Jason goes to hell they will know how stupid and ridiculous this movie series can get. How we got from a sack-head killer taking revenge on his experiences at the camp following his dead mother, to a black cannibalistic cop will forever be a mystery to me. That being said I believe they all bring entertainment value.

The overall costume design is not bad but more of a silly thing where they re-shine his mask and add a cyborg element to him for some unknown reason other to say "Hey we're in the future guys isn't that cool?"

The movie has some smart ideas in it as well not that many but some need to be recognized. One of which is a hologram of camp Crystal Lake used to try and confuse Jason, (After all the man is well over the average life expectancy and has literally been dragged to hell, drowned at the bottom of a lake, had a boat telepathically dropped on him, stabbed numerous times,and hung) so for him to be tricked shouldn't be that unbelievable. The film also uses it's environment in a way that makes sense. Air locks can be a blessing and a curse and you feel like the poster should say "In space no one can hear you scream".

So in summary its one of those movies that you can laugh and scream at (whether that was the intended reaction or not) alone or with friends. Be open minded and maybe, just maybe you will have a very pleasant movie experience. Thanks for making it to the end of this and this is Reactions signing off.
TheQuietGamerApr 25, 2015
Once you get over the absurdity of the premise you can see the potential for a good film here. A slasher film set in space sounds awesome. While we technically already got that with 1979's "Alien" this movie had the advantage of having aOnce you get over the absurdity of the premise you can see the potential for a good film here. A slasher film set in space sounds awesome. While we technically already got that with 1979's "Alien" this movie had the advantage of having a legendary horror villain to use that could have set it to greatness. However the results aren't as satisfying.

In it's best moments it can seem like a low-budget version of Alien. In it's worst the intentionally self-aware sense of humor cranks up the absurdity dial and pulls you out of the experience. Not that it was that great of a movie anyway. As always with this series the scares are non-existent and the appeal is just on watching characters get killed in brutally amusing ways while maybe getting to see some boobs in the process. It's mindless, but entertaining.

You think that the jokes would actually end up adding some value to the experience, but they actually just end up bringing it down. Self-aware doesn't always equal funny. Sometimes the jokes can just be cringe worthy. However the only times things get bad is during an intentionally goofy showdown between Jason and a one-liner spouting android. That whole scene is just awful.

I think the film would actually have benefited if it had taken the serious tone of the earlier Friday the 13th films. The idea would still be out there, but at least we would have avoided the bad jokes. As it stand though there is some entertainment to be had here. It can be quite fun and it's pretty cool to see Jason cutting down space marines. Your enjoyment depends on whether or not you can get behind the premise, as well as how big a fan you are of this series. As far as I'm concerned it's far from Jason's worst killing spree.

I give "Jason X" a 6.5/10.
sivaruthvikMar 7, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sooo dissapointing movie . absolutely worst action and worst direction .. also the lead roles are worst too .. so much waste to watch movie also that space thing is doomed Expand
Tessara_VejganOct 19, 2013
Another Jason movie and this time in space. The movie is boring, annoying and I wish I didn't waste my time watching it. They put zero effort in it Gave it one point for Lexa Doig.
ICEExMagicJul 16, 2013
The Friday the 13th series stared getting ridiculous after Friday the 13th part 6,so I don't count this as a Friday the 13th movie.It's stupid,the characters are bad and is an insult to the Friday the 13th series.
billrullerApr 23, 2013
Is it stupid? Yes! Is it entertaining? Well, I would say so. The plot is incredibly silly, Jason Voorhees in space. That alone makes you know that this isn't gonna be taken seriously. But out of all the Jason movies, I think this one has theIs it stupid? Yes! Is it entertaining? Well, I would say so. The plot is incredibly silly, Jason Voorhees in space. That alone makes you know that this isn't gonna be taken seriously. But out of all the Jason movies, I think this one has the most body count. Speaking of that, the gore was pretty good and I come back mostly to watch that. Overall, it is a stupid movie, but its also fun and imaginative. I kinda like this better than "Jason Goes to Hell". Expand
Annoymous1Jan 13, 2013
Its more of a comedy than a horror. It just ruined the entire Jason series. The first 3 are excellent but this one just had no scare. And a range of terrible deaths made a loss of action.
imthenoobNov 5, 2012
Incredibly underrated imo. I really don't know see why people hate it so much. The acting is weak but what makes up for it is that it's so memorable and Uber-Jason is a complete bad-ass lol.
Kyle39Sep 9, 2012
Almost like Jason becomes The Terminator. Has some good moments, but the plot is inane and there's too much comedy here for my taste. Hodder, again, is great in the role of Jason. Some slick kills, but the characters are un-likeable andAlmost like Jason becomes The Terminator. Has some good moments, but the plot is inane and there's too much comedy here for my taste. Hodder, again, is great in the role of Jason. Some slick kills, but the characters are un-likeable and somewhat idiotic. Expand
keep_yr_biasMar 30, 2012
This movie is freakin' terrible. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. So why did I give it an 8 out of 10? Because it might be the most unintentionally funny movie I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing for the entire movie.
asylumspadezNov 27, 2011
I think it was an original addition to the franchise and it was better then most of the other films in the franchise as well. However it is rather stupid and the acting is pretty terrible.
StruckworldJun 13, 2011
HORRIBLE!!! I can not stand this movie. Now don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of the Friday The 13th Franchise but this movie should've been burned when it was put on the shelf.
MovieLonely94Nov 4, 2010
Jason has an upgrade suit? please. horror killers don't have some crap like that
ArkonBladeAug 23, 2010
by no means look at that score of 5 and think im doing that because its was a ok movie. no it gets a 6 for how awsomely bad its is . what do i mean by "awsomely bad" ? i mean a film thats acted so bad , a story so stupidly rediculas itsby no means look at that score of 5 and think im doing that because its was a ok movie. no it gets a 6 for how awsomely bad its is . what do i mean by "awsomely bad" ? i mean a film thats acted so bad , a story so stupidly rediculas its comical . not many films meet this standerd most films are just horrable , bad , wachable , ok , good , great , or awsome . very few meet my awsomely bad standerd . this film should be viewed by no one . unless you get the laugh of how exceptionaly comicaly bad theese kinda films are . Expand
AnthonyFJul 15, 2009
The filmmakers have fun with the absurdity of the series in this one. Jason X is better than a lot of the original sequels partially because everyone involved in it knows it's stupid. The plot is stupid, the characters are stupid, the The filmmakers have fun with the absurdity of the series in this one. Jason X is better than a lot of the original sequels partially because everyone involved in it knows it's stupid. The plot is stupid, the characters are stupid, the dialog is stupid, and we, the audience, for buying into it, are stupid too. For that, everyone is happy. Sort of. Expand
NickGJun 8, 2009
I give it a zero and that would be a compliment judging the fact I cannot give it a lower rating.This is by far the worst movie I've ever seen and I absolutely dreaded every second of it.What a sad excuse for a horror movie.I have seen I give it a zero and that would be a compliment judging the fact I cannot give it a lower rating.This is by far the worst movie I've ever seen and I absolutely dreaded every second of it.What a sad excuse for a horror movie.I have seen by far better movies that get lower scores.It never seemed to work on any scene as it escaped from being a horror to a sci fi in space. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
PaulD.Sep 19, 2007
Becomes pointless when Jason can't be killed. Only saving grace is that it has some black humor. Time to retire the Friday the 13th series. Surely, 10 movies are more than enough.
JackieMay 6, 2006
this movie was the stupidest movie i ever saw! all of Jason's movie are great but this one was a disappointing one!!! the plot was stupid and the at the end when he becomes updated was stupid!!! I don't recommend this movie!!
DaveD.Jan 6, 2006
Not the best Jason film I've seen, but definitely the most imaginative. The special effects rock, it's freakin hilarious, and some of the characters are cool too. Plus, if anyone wants to see what one of these is like with Not the best Jason film I've seen, but definitely the most imaginative. The special effects rock, it's freakin hilarious, and some of the characters are cool too. Plus, if anyone wants to see what one of these is like with character development and plot, pick up the novel of Jason X. It's surprising just how good it is. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful