Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

1. FrankB.
    Mar 3, 2002
    This was one of the WORST movies I have seen. I rented the DVD and turned it off half way through. I am a big fan of stupid humor movies, but this one sucked. Dumb and Dumber, American Pie, Something About Mary are all 10's in my mind, but using the F-word every 3 seconds isn't enough to put Jay and Bob in the same league.
  2. BobI.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Okay well this movie was crap...accept for the part with ben affleck and matt damon about good will hunting 2 because that was hilarious...and the word cock wasnt said once in that time frame. other than that it was crap because i mean who cock must have been said 50 times! so...it gets a 3 only because matt damon and ben affleck were reallllly funny.
  3. Miko
    Mar 30, 2006
    Kevin Smith's first bad film. Shoddily pasted together from a confusing selection of aimless, dull, and only vaguely related scenes, this pointless mess is irritatingly smirky and self-deprecating. Just not worth it for the two to three faintly amusing moments.
  4. GabeT.
    Mar 9, 2002
    Remember "Clerks"? Remember the foul-mouthed, pot smoking, irritating Jay, who hung out at the convenient store and bothered everyone? Well, imagine 90 minutes spent with him, and you have "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."
  5. Kampo
    Aug 5, 2002
    This was one of the crappiest movies ever. I wish two dumbass stoner dudes intercepted its making and prevented this hour and a half of garbage from ever hitting my eyes. If Jay and Silent Butt were real, I'd definately kick both their asses!
  6. JonathonW.
    Dec 7, 2003
    Absolutely terrible. Smith's insulting of the great film Magnolia for "using studio money to deal with personal issues", followed by his making of this film shows him for what he is: a complete hypocrite.
  7. RyanM.
    Aug 26, 2001
    An absolute waste of time for anyone who had anything to do with the making of it, for anyone who went to see it, and for anyone who has a brain in their head. I was actually anticipating this film (because Jay and Bob are so hilarious in Smith's other films), but now I know never to listen to a trailer.
  8. Beercan
    Jan 12, 2005
    Finally breaks the reliable chain of every odd-numbered Kevin Smith film not being one of the worst films of the year.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    It's gratifying to see a comedy can have no redeeming social value yet be full of hearty laughs.
    The movie is sloppy and scattershot, and proud of it. It wears its slipshod, anything-for-a-laugh structure like a badge of honor: Smith is nothing if not self-deprecating.
    Whether you will like Jay and Silent Bob depends on who you are. Most movies are made for everybody. Kevin Smith's movies are either made specifically for you, or specifically not made for you.