Miramax Films | Release Date: March 26, 2004
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 67 Ratings
WATCH NOW
KevinSep 19, 2008
While "Jersey Girl" certainly doesn't break any new ground, it is heartfelt and overwhelmingly cute. In the lighter, humorous moments, the film succeeds wonderfully, but everything falls apart in the sappy scenes.
FattyB.Sep 12, 2004
I'm a Kevin Smith fan and I think Affleck is a mediocre actor, at best, and I wasn't to keen on the whole idea to begin with. So with that said... I enjoyed the movie and I applaud Mr. Smith for trying something different. The I'm a Kevin Smith fan and I think Affleck is a mediocre actor, at best, and I wasn't to keen on the whole idea to begin with. So with that said... I enjoyed the movie and I applaud Mr. Smith for trying something different. The acting was about what I'd expect. Liv being the best of the bunch, given the right role she's very good. Listen, the guy doesn't have to "do cool" his whole life. I mean who wants him to make Clerks like movies until he keels over. I don't, no more than I'd want Tarrantino to make Reservoir Dogs again and again or Scorcese to make Mean Streets ad infinium. It's a tear jerker and I liked it. It wasn't great, but so what. It's a solid, fun movie that I'd reccomend. I say well done Kevin. Expand
PetroMDec 25, 2005
I really dont understand why critics where so harsh about this movie. It s a sweet, relaxing and family type of a movie, that never even pretended to be a runner for an Oscar. Fairly enjoyed it. cheers.