Jobs

5.0

1. Sep 2, 2014
    I agree with SimpleMethod. Jobs really does come off as a straight to TV movie and try as he might, Ashton Kutcher was a god awful choice to play Steve Jobs.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    Ok so Jobs wasn't the disaster I expected but it certainly wasn't good either. It really didn't teach you much about "Who is Steve Jobs?" it was almost like it was in fast forward, it just showed a few events that occurred yet somehow it was dragged to over 2 hours. Ashton Kutcher was possibly the worst possible choice to play Steve Jobs, only thing he did well was Steve's walk whichOk so Jobs wasn't the disaster I expected but it certainly wasn't good either. It really didn't teach you much about "Who is Steve Jobs?" it was almost like it was in fast forward, it just showed a few events that occurred yet somehow it was dragged to over 2 hours. Ashton Kutcher was possibly the worst possible choice to play Steve Jobs, only thing he did well was Steve's walk which really isn't a big deal at all. It's not all his fault as to why this film was bad, the other reason is Joshua Michael Stern who has next to nothing under his belt director or writer wise. This movie was written horribly and Ashton Kutcher like I said before was the worst choice. Ben Affleck would've been a great choice in my opinion but I know Ben certainly wouldn't agree to be a part of this awful script. 3/10 although 2 is probably more deserving but I'll give it a charity point. Not a complete disaster (I've seen worse) but still pretty darn bad. Don't waste your time and definitely don't waste your hard earned cash. Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2013
    Jobs is a boring movie. It feels like the low budget, made-for-tv version of The Social Network. I'm angry that I wasted money on it, and I'm upset at how bad it turned out to be considering how good the trailer looked.
  4. Oct 2, 2013
    Boring movie, complete waste of my time. I wish there was more to it not just a history lesson that pretty much anyone knows or can read up on. Save your money and go see something else.
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    All I learned from this interpretation was that Steve Jobs as absolutely brilliant but hated shoes and could really be a huge jerk If you aren't interested in computers then this movie is very dry and lacks entertainment. All I could think about while watching the movie was that I forgot my iPod at my parents house It really did nothing for me. I can see a demographic of people reallyAll I learned from this interpretation was that Steve Jobs as absolutely brilliant but hated shoes and could really be a huge jerk If you aren't interested in computers then this movie is very dry and lacks entertainment. All I could think about while watching the movie was that I forgot my iPod at my parents house It really did nothing for me. I can see a demographic of people really enjoying this movie, I certainly wasn't one of them. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2015
    Ashton Kutcher is probably the worst thing in this movie, the only good thing he has in this film is the similar look he shares with Steve Jobs..but that's it
  7. Dec 15, 2014
    When the beginning of the movie, it looks like the story line just have nice work. But go more and more, the movie just like run out of control so haphazardly.
    Let me give the parable, there are the number "1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 15, 74, 79, 99, 111, 131, 133, ...... and so on".
    Movie well-run when 1-9, when go to 15 I still can tolerate it. But when go more (when the number as far as 74 and so on), it feels like, "Oh God, help me. I wasted my time for this, Why with all this people? Why can't people just think?"
  8. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a big fan of Steve Jobs because he was and he's my idol but this movie is not a good biographic movie! That's only a large target audience movie who don't answer to the real fans wait. Expand
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    Just another piece of Apple advertising, it was so biased toward Jobs and his life that it was completely cringe worthy to say the least, it give no depth, is often too over-the-top, and at times just downright inaccurate, the movie feels like it's juggling reality and Hollywood, also, Bill Gates never existed according to the writers.
  10. Aug 19, 2013
    Watch THE PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY if you want a real, less romantic look at Mr Jobs. That movie was far superior and more interesting, this was 2 hours of fanboy glory. zzzz
  11. Sep 21, 2013
    Shallow movie. Ashton was ok, but not more. I missed aspects of his personal life, and of course about his illness and dead. The movie goes around his caracter and the imperium he create, but nothing new. All aspects well known about everybody. I was expectiting rhe wonderfoul Standford speech, but never happen.
    It could be a great movie, but it was more an acting docummentary.
  12. Nov 30, 2013
    What a mess, I did not think it was possible to create such an uninteresting story of such a dynamic individual. I bet David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin would have created a gem.

Save your money.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Aug 21, 2013
    It fails to rise above the inherent limitations of the traditional Hollywood biopic and it's about as insanely great as a Mac "low cost" LC model – which was, to be fair, pretty cool.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Aug 20, 2013
    Kutcher finds compassion without going for anything so cheap as an explanation for Jobs's bad behavior; it's a wily, understated performance.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Aug 19, 2013
    The problem is that the film gets too wrapped up in the myth to tell an effective behind-the-scenes tale.