Jobs

5.1

1. Dec 21, 2013
    Not knowing anything about its subject I approached Jobs with minimal interest and found it to be a surprisingly compelling, if rather conventionally told, biopic about the recently deceased techno wiz. Based on its own merits Ashton Kutcher's performance is probably the best of an otherwise undistinguished career. However, at times and partly due to the screenplay, he is over emphatic inNot knowing anything about its subject I approached Jobs with minimal interest and found it to be a surprisingly compelling, if rather conventionally told, biopic about the recently deceased techno wiz. Based on its own merits Ashton Kutcher's performance is probably the best of an otherwise undistinguished career. However, at times and partly due to the screenplay, he is over emphatic in portraying Jobs as both unscrupulous and unlikeable, which he very possibly was. Under rated by the critics and despite a shaky start, the film does settle down to become very entertaining. Expand
  2. Jan 3, 2014
    This movie is nothing like The Social Network. I'm not saying that as a bad point or as a good point. I'm just starting my review with a common mistake. The Social Network was about two friends and how a big corporation ruined their friendship. Jobs is about the big corporation, not the people involved with it. Ashton Kutcher was a decent actor in this movie. When it was announced that heThis movie is nothing like The Social Network. I'm not saying that as a bad point or as a good point. I'm just starting my review with a common mistake. The Social Network was about two friends and how a big corporation ruined their friendship. Jobs is about the big corporation, not the people involved with it. Ashton Kutcher was a decent actor in this movie. When it was announced that he was going to be play Steve Jobs, everybody lost their But he's actually alright, nothing special, but not a bad performance. Pretty much everyone is nothing special. Ashton Kutcher is the only actor who I can name off the top of my head, who was in Jobs. Besides JK Simmons who has such a memorable face that I will always recognise him. You may think that the story of the movie was already prepared, but the writers had to pick some events in Steve Job's life which were interesting. They did not do it too well. I would have preferred to have seen more about the later life of Steve Jobs, than him sitting in an office shouting at people. The writers obviously noticed how good Ashton Kutcher looked as old Steve Jobs and decided to give him as little screen time as possible. Also it was not made clear what year's things were taking place in. I'm not an expert on Steve Jobs so I have no idea what year he was born in (probably in the 50's), after watching the movie about his company. I still don't know. One of the things I did like was the soundtrack. There was some of The Beatles some of The Rolling Stones (I think) and it really gave the movie a vintage feel. I'm guessing that's when a lot of it took place because I had no idea what year it was most of the time. To be honest Jobs did not teach me much about Steve Jobs at all. I can't remember what college he went to (even though it's in the second scene). I can't remember the name of his wife. Or whether she was even his wife?

As an autobiographical movie Jobs is not good and focuses more on which people he shouted at than what products he made. But watching people getting shouted at is funny. As a movie overall Jobs is good and for the most part enjoyable.
  3. Jul 3, 2015
    The turtleneck definitely steals the show. Its accuracy is impecable, from its length to its color. This turtleneck is spot on. My only complain is that there are scenes with no turtleneck, like when Steve wakes up in the morning. Seems like a missed opportunity.
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    Great movie but once again another rushed ending. Kutcher did a very great job and this movie makes me sort of want to buy a mac or and iphone(NOT) but in all great movie you wont be disappointed.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Pure entertainment. Critics have ruined it for me. The ending was good, although it could be much better if it was with Jobs as an old man. I saw some directing mistakes, but Ashton Kutcher did an AMAZING performance!!!!! Excellent to him. A huge well done to the movie. Do not listen to the critics, and watch it!
  6. Feb 6, 2014
    Jobs is a stunning movie that really presents the characters excellent, and it got a hell of a story! The first thing I got impressed in this movie is Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad and Giles Matthey´s performance, they're playing their roles so good, not just by their appearance, but also the way they talks & how they express themselves, especially Ashton Kutcher, because he was born to playJobs is a stunning movie that really presents the characters excellent, and it got a hell of a story! The first thing I got impressed in this movie is Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad and Giles Matthey´s performance, they're playing their roles so good, not just by their appearance, but also the way they talks & how they express themselves, especially Ashton Kutcher, because he was born to play Steve Jobs!

The movie has a wonderful beginning and just felt beautiful at some places, kind of dramatic actually, and it was really inspiring! From my point of view is Jobs a very well made biography film that really shows us how well and sad our lives can be, in this case, Steve Jobs´s life. I would give this film a nine of a ten if it could have a more creative ending, because the feeling the movie gave thought the film just disappeared in the end, so they could have done that better, and maybe to show us a little more what happened later in the 2000s inside Apple. The film itself is spectacular, but there is some scenes that that could have been better, because it was a little lengthy & boring at some places, but overall this movie did a hell of a job at everything and I really recommend this movie for everyone, especially technology & Apple-fans!
    Jobs gets a 8/10
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    JOBS really surprised me with how accurate it is. Scenes unfolded just like I imagined them after I read some books about Steve Jobs' life.

Pros: -Very detailed and accurate. -Entertaining ride. -Ashton really surprised me. I was never a fan of him, but he did a superb job. -Supporting actors were tremendous. -Very educational for the whole family to see. Cons: -I wish the

Pros:
    -Very detailed and accurate.
    -Entertaining ride.
    -Ashton really surprised me. I was never a fan of him, but he did a superb job.
    -Supporting actors were tremendous.
    -Very educational for the whole family to see.

Cons:
    -I wish the movie had continued into the 2000s.
    -I wanted to see more of Jobs' home life away from Apple.
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    Ashton kutcher did an amazing performance. The movie itself could be better directed. Yet it is still inspiring and amazing. Kutcher by far did the best performance of his career and showed that he has a great potential.
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    I really don't see what the negative criticism surrounding this movie is all about; it was pretty good. Whether or not the movie is accurate in portraying Steve Jobs, I don't know. Did it gloss over some important things in Steve's life? Maybe. But I do know is that this is a compelling drama film and Ashton Kutcher's performance was good. Liked seeing Steve Job's humble beginnings. II really don't see what the negative criticism surrounding this movie is all about; it was pretty good. Whether or not the movie is accurate in portraying Steve Jobs, I don't know. Did it gloss over some important things in Steve's life? Maybe. But I do know is that this is a compelling drama film and Ashton Kutcher's performance was good. Liked seeing Steve Job's humble beginnings. I don't think the film is biased or "just another piece of Apple advertising"; on the contrary, it shows the positive and negative aspects of Steve's personality and life. I wish the film had covered more of his life, particularly leading up to his death.

Too bad Steve sometimes seems kinda like a douchebag and an insane perfectionist. (He even refuses to support for or provide for his own daughter!)

If you liked this review, read my other ones on a wide variety of movies and TV shows and mark this review as helpful.
  10. Feb 13, 2014

11. Nov 2, 2014
    It kind of drifts through the usual biopic doldrums and skims through elements of Steve Jobs's life that would have made for a more fully-rounded story, but for the most part, I found "Jobs" to be engaging, interesting and was pleasantly surprised by a great performance by Ashton Kutcher. It's a refreshing change from his usual roles and he does incredibly well in the role. It could haveIt kind of drifts through the usual biopic doldrums and skims through elements of Steve Jobs's life that would have made for a more fully-rounded story, but for the most part, I found "Jobs" to be engaging, interesting and was pleasantly surprised by a great performance by Ashton Kutcher. It's a refreshing change from his usual roles and he does incredibly well in the role. It could have done with a bit less gloss and bit more substance - that's where it misses the mark most and that's not Ashton Kutcher's fault (I'm disappointed by how unfairly trashed he's been for this movie) - but it piqued my interest in its subject matter: a computer tycoon. And I hate computers. Expand
  12. Jan 28, 2014
    Excellent movie! With Ashton Kutcher at his best, was so convincible as Steve Jobs that made me believe they revived the executive and put him on the screen.
  13. Dec 21, 2014
    A great movie about the life of Steve Jobs. Where its problems like pacing and an uneven narrative problems are seen, the solid acting and nostalgia make up for it. 8/10 (Great)
  14. Sep 15, 2015
    The movie was great and Ashton Kutcher playing the main character call all the attention. He was really into it. The direction was also good, maybe a little slow but anything you can't enjoy.
  15. Dec 28, 2015
    Kutcher bears a striking resemblance to Jobs and manages to embody him in full. It is an often emotional performance that could have very easily been turned into a characterization.

Watch this movie online http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29d45f-jOBS-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Aug 21, 2013
    It fails to rise above the inherent limitations of the traditional Hollywood biopic and it's about as insanely great as a Mac "low cost" LC model – which was, to be fair, pretty cool.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Aug 20, 2013
    Kutcher finds compassion without going for anything so cheap as an explanation for Jobs's bad behavior; it's a wily, understated performance.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Aug 19, 2013
    The problem is that the film gets too wrapped up in the myth to tell an effective behind-the-scenes tale.