Magnet Releasing | Release Date: January 25, 2013
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 57 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BrianMcCriticApr 28, 2013
Interesting premise but a huge let down. There are a few moments that are kind of fun, but half the time you are like how is that happening and that and then that. Things just get stupid and pointless.
KissellianApr 12, 2013
I went into this move with high hopes. I love quirky. I like horror comedy. I like non-standard narration. I like Paul Giamatti. The problem was that this never added up to anything. It was a series of gaping plot holes strung together for noI went into this move with high hopes. I love quirky. I like horror comedy. I like non-standard narration. I like Paul Giamatti. The problem was that this never added up to anything. It was a series of gaping plot holes strung together for no apparent reason.

It did make me chuckle occasionally, but more in the I-can't-believe-something-so-absurd-is-happening way than something actually being funny.

Again, I have not read the books. I can only assume that this series of events had some sort of internal logic in them.
loki-sfMar 10, 2013
I might be really biased, I actually read and really liked the the book, but the first half of the movie was enjoyable. On the other hand, towards the end it just took a wrong turn. Felt like they rush the end. The cheap effects at the endI might be really biased, I actually read and really liked the the book, but the first half of the movie was enjoyable. On the other hand, towards the end it just took a wrong turn. Felt like they rush the end. The cheap effects at the end didn't help either. Expand