7.0

1. Apr 28, 2013
    Interesting premise but a huge let down. There are a few moments that are kind of fun, but half the time you are like how is that happening and that and then that. Things just get stupid and pointless.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    I went into this move with high hopes. I love quirky. I like horror comedy. I like non-standard narration. I like Paul Giamatti. The problem was that this never added up to anything. It was a series of gaping plot holes strung together for no apparent reason.

It did make me chuckle occasionally, but more in the I-can't-believe-something-so-absurd-is-happening way than something actually being funny.

Again, I have not read the books. I can only assume that this series of events had some sort of internal logic in them.
  3. Mar 10, 2013
    I might be really biased, I actually read and really liked the the book, but the first half of the movie was enjoyable. On the other hand, towards the end it just took a wrong turn. Felt like they rush the end. The cheap effects at the end didn't help either.

1. Reviewed by: James White
    Mar 18, 2013
    Gonzo freakiness in such doses that cult status is practically ensured.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Mar 14, 2013
    Despite its astronomical body count, John Dies at the End never takes itself seriously, and neither should you.
  3. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Feb 26, 2013
    John Dies at the End is easily funnier than it is scary, and much like the drug at the center of the story, it offers one hell of a trip.