Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 28, 2006
5.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 72 Ratings
WATCH NOW
busbfranOct 17, 2015
An enjoyable high school flick with plenty of laughs, John Tucker Must Die belongs on the shelf next to "Mean Girls" and "Bring It On". Be set for your typical High school Drama, with big budget A-lists.
SophiaK.Aug 1, 2006
The trailer blows a lot of big jokes, but there are a lot more. Also, you think you know the ending from the trailer and during the movie, but it goes in a totally different direction. Well done!
MichelleC.Aug 6, 2006
If you don't like this movie I would seriously question why you went in the first place. This is very true to the trailers. It is campy, fun and hilarious. Sophia Bush as the "Vegan Chick" rocks!
JasonW.Jul 29, 2006
Look, you know what to expect going in. It's a totally fun comedy (with a really hot cast) and a good time.
JonR.Aug 1, 2006
Frickin' Hilarious. Sophia Bush is superhot...and funny too! Who knew that the former Mrs. Chad Michael Murray was actually talented? I know I didn't until this movie! If you love 80s teen comedies...than JTMD is the movie for you. Frickin' Hilarious. Sophia Bush is superhot...and funny too! Who knew that the former Mrs. Chad Michael Murray was actually talented? I know I didn't until this movie! If you love 80s teen comedies...than JTMD is the movie for you. If you hate them, then go see something else. Expand
MimiT.Sep 7, 2006
BRILLIANT!!!!!
Ek-oD.Nov 22, 2006
Predictable.
KadyB.Jul 28, 2006
Saw it at a midnight show - theater was sold out and everyone had a blast! Jesse is super adorable, the story was funny & cute!
CallanAug 1, 2007
I give this movie a 10because tis movie has a grea story line!!! guys don't need to think that they can use girls like that, and take advantage of them!! i have a guy at my school that we are about to do this to, and i will be playing I give this movie a 10because tis movie has a grea story line!!! guys don't need to think that they can use girls like that, and take advantage of them!! i have a guy at my school that we are about to do this to, and i will be playing the role of, Kate!! bottom line..this movie is amazing!! Expand
JohnB.Jul 29, 2006
The big time critics seem to think that "Die" in the title of a teen flick promises a Heathers-type black comedy. Not delivering on that promise confuses them, so they lash out with negativity. JTMD is not a cynical Heathers clone for the The big time critics seem to think that "Die" in the title of a teen flick promises a Heathers-type black comedy. Not delivering on that promise confuses them, so they lash out with negativity. JTMD is not a cynical Heathers clone for the ultra hip, but it is also not a Disneyfied dose of corn syrup. Yes, the actors are all very attractive, but they are supposed to represent the top of the High School food chain. Cheerleaders and basketball stars should be pretty. JTMD is a guaranteed good time at the movies, and you will come out smiling. There's nothing wrong with that. If you want to be smacked up side the head by the world's problems go see "An Inconvenient Truth". Collapse
PaulK.Jul 31, 2006
There are definitely some laughs to be found here. Nothing about this stands out, but if you're a sucker for movies like Mean Girls, Clueless, or teen comedies in general this should be worth your while in the theater or on video.
JaclynW.Aug 11, 2006
This movie is a perfect 10! I had a smile upon my face throughout the entire movie. It is closely related to the hilarious Mean Girls. I must say though, being a younger person, that I would recommend this movie to people 12-18.
Myles#13Aug 24, 2006
Really good movie with a lot of comedy but that wasn't the only good part of the movie. I also really liked the ending, definitely not what you'd expect.
MafTanSep 15, 2007
Pretty good and funny.
BrianB.Jul 26, 2006
Not gonna win an Oscar, but I laughed more than I laughed at any movie this summer. And that's what you expect going in. Plus, the cast is super hot.
AbesA.Sep 29, 2006
I love Sophia Bush! She
JamesNWAMar 8, 2011
In truth, not a bad movie. However, I agree with people who have said it is trying to be too much like Mean Girls. The plot was somewhat predictable in the fact that you knew what was going to happen with Kate and Tucker. Despite theIn truth, not a bad movie. However, I agree with people who have said it is trying to be too much like Mean Girls. The plot was somewhat predictable in the fact that you knew what was going to happen with Kate and Tucker. Despite the predictable elements, the script is well written and the film on the whole isn't TOO bad. Expand