Universal Pictures | Release Date: October 21, 2011
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 133 Ratings
WATCH NOW
nutterjrJun 24, 2012
Recommended to watch together with children under the age of 10 years old. The jokes will be very much up their street and their heartfelt laughters will invariably make a difference to your outlook on this film. If you have no children orRecommended to watch together with children under the age of 10 years old. The jokes will be very much up their street and their heartfelt laughters will invariably make a difference to your outlook on this film. If you have no children or cannot borrow some for an hour and a half, don't bother. Expand
MWD2490Oct 24, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought it was fairly funny in some bits. A lot of the funny bits however had already been shown in the trailers. Otherwise it was fairly funny but not funny enough that I would watch it that many more times. It really depends what your type of movie is. If you really liked the first Johnny English you might like this but it not better than the first one. If you did not like the first one you will probably not like the second one either. I liked the first one but this one was just ok, so liking the first one does not guarantee that you will like this one. It still was entertaining but nothing close to a master comedy or master film. Expand
TheQuietGamerDec 18, 2013
I found this to be a very disappointing sequel. It still manages to provide some laugh out loud hilarious moments. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny as it's predecessor. Much of the humor ends up falling very short of the mark. TheI found this to be a very disappointing sequel. It still manages to provide some laugh out loud hilarious moments. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny as it's predecessor. Much of the humor ends up falling very short of the mark. The plot just ends up being filled with familiar twists that we've seen time and time again in the serious spy movies. All in all I don't recommend this for a watch, even if you were a fan of the original. I found myself saying "wow that was stupid" way more than I was saying "wow that was funny". To me that's the sign of a lackluster comedy. Expand
asthobaskoroNov 7, 2011
There's laugh out loud moment and also the corny ones. Funny, how this movie works. The movie itself undeniably awful. Not Rowan Atkinson fan? You should forget it.
AkkharJan 12, 2012
Johnny English Reborn is all about the amazing Rowan Atkinson . He was as amazing he always is and super funny . Without him This film would get 0 . Except Rowan Atkinson most of the things in this film sucks . The Story was so bad . ExceptJohnny English Reborn is all about the amazing Rowan Atkinson . He was as amazing he always is and super funny . Without him This film would get 0 . Except Rowan Atkinson most of the things in this film sucks . The Story was so bad . Except for Rowan most of the Actors wasn't good at all . Oliver Parker should stay with St. Trinian's . Soundtracks was 50-50 . So Overall Johnny English Reborn is Rowan Atkinson Rowan Atkinson Rowan Atkinson . Expand
moviekretikNov 4, 2011
Entertainment wise it is good, nonetheless the story is repetitive like the first film; good thing is I intended to have a very low expectation about this film, so I'm impress and entertain. You''ll laugh at almost part but the story is notEntertainment wise it is good, nonetheless the story is repetitive like the first film; good thing is I intended to have a very low expectation about this film, so I'm impress and entertain. You''ll laugh at almost part but the story is not as good (structure) as the first one. I am not saying it is bad, what I am saying is that is doesn't compare to the first movie. There is no sequence between the movies, but there are no time line errors, which is very good. Overall, this film is very flat and dull. Granted the humor is good at points, and some of the special effects are fun, but more often than not you're given boring dialogue, ridiculous story with many plot holes and flat acting that is uninspired and just not humorous; but I'll still entertain and happy what I've spent in theater. Expand
BrandonBonaseraNov 1, 2011
JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN is wildly entertaining and a hilarious yet stupid sequel that is funnier than the original. This film is good old stupid fun and is fun for the whole family.
swcoruscantNov 5, 2011
I am a massive fan of the first film but disliked this one. It is more in the vein of Daniel Craig's Bonds rather than the old Bonds, (which is what the first film was based on, since it came out in 2003). As such it has to include a lot moreI am a massive fan of the first film but disliked this one. It is more in the vein of Daniel Craig's Bonds rather than the old Bonds, (which is what the first film was based on, since it came out in 2003). As such it has to include a lot more complicated elements, which means there is more time devoted to plot twists and ergo serious moments, rather than a simple story which leaves a lot of room for comedy (as the first one did). In addition, the comedy seems quite lazy and I did not find it very funny. The is mostly due to the fact that in this film Johnny English is actually good at combat, so it means there's not much room for the type of physical comedy Atkinson is great at. Expand
ZilcellApr 9, 2012
The story is somewhat unorganized, but it makes up for it with great humor. The acting is mostly convincing. It could have been better storywise, but its a fun little treat.
iGamerNov 9, 2011
Before I started to watch the movie I knew it was not going to be as good as Johnny English 1. I wasn't surprised. Some laughs, but nothing hilarious. Not disappointing as I wasn't expecting much.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
Johnny English, the best of MI7 (how he accomplished that, I will never know) is returning to line of duty after trying to find his inner warrior, and gain some peace after a disastrous mission in Africa that put both him and his agency inJohnny English, the best of MI7 (how he accomplished that, I will never know) is returning to line of duty after trying to find his inner warrior, and gain some peace after a disastrous mission in Africa that put both him and his agency in shame.

When he returns, Pegasus (Gillian Anderson) takes him at once under harsh scrutiny - yet not harsh enough, it would seem. Much as I liked to see Agent Scully (X-Files reference) in another movie role, her part did not feel as complete as I would have hoped.

All in all, I find "Johnny English Reborn" failed in much the same way as the original movie; there was comedy, but mostly it was for the sake of the comedy itself. It wasn't really funny, although it made me laugh; it was not clever, or new, or even refreshing.

The plot was a bit shaky, but the attention keeps being pulled away from that by the chaos that goes on. A good movie, if you're a fan of Rowan Atkins, but otherwise they are cheap laughs.
L1LN1PP3RMar 1, 2012
Jhonny english reborn is a good film but not that good it was a huge dissapoint compared to the first one which was full of comedy. This one however was not I found it had good moments and bad moments and every now and then it had boringJhonny english reborn is a good film but not that good it was a huge dissapoint compared to the first one which was full of comedy. This one however was not I found it had good moments and bad moments and every now and then it had boring moments. If you expect this to be as good as the first one or better ,which I did, then u r most likely to be dissapointed. Expand
BBonasera15Apr 28, 2012
Johnny English Reborn is a silly yet fun spy comedy that will appeal to fans of James Bond, Mr. Bean and the first Johnny English film. The film will make a great time if you are watching it with friends or family.
OfficialMar 8, 2014
Perhaps slightly better than its predecessor, this sequel still remains mostly dull. It tries to be an intense spy movie, but all we're getting is a silly, tired spy comedy.
Jack97Oct 18, 2014
Johnny English Reborn is funny and inventive with another hilarious performance from Rowan Atkinson. Not as funny and memorable as it's predecessor but still a riveting time.
diogomendesJul 23, 2014
While I think this is a slight improvement over its predecessor and ,sometimes, it provides a few laughs, Johnny English Reborn nonetheless isn't quite refined as the other comedy movies.