8.5

1. LukeK.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Rachael leigh cook rocks.
  2. KelseyX
    Apr 9, 2009
    I first saw this movie when I was 9 years old. I fell instantly in love. The soundtrack is totally catchy and the girls have great chemistry together. I feel the movie would have seen more success had it been given a PG rating, as it really did appeal to younger than 13. I still frequently watch it now, but mostly because it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. The language isn't too I first saw this movie when I was 9 years old. I fell instantly in love. The soundtrack is totally catchy and the girls have great chemistry together. I feel the movie would have seen more success had it been given a PG rating, as it really did appeal to younger than 13. I still frequently watch it now, but mostly because it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. The language isn't too bad, and don't worry, your little girls won't get the sexual references. I know I didn't (until I was older anyways). It's good fun for the pre-teen crowd, and the music is fun and clean too. Expand
  3. JimB.
    Jul 28, 2001
    One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Even the product placements are jokes. Any one who doesn't like this movie has no notion of what the modern music is like.
  4. TrinaD.
    Jul 27, 2002
    OMG!!! it was a great movie, and if u didn't like it, get a life!! the music (especially 3 small words) was soo good. I thought it was gonna be s**t but i've bought it on video and the soundtrack! it rocks, love the music, And tara reid is a legend in it and shows real talent.
  5. KimL.
    May 22, 2001
    "Josie and the Pussycats" is the best movie of the year. It has exactly what the media doesn't want exposed. Rock on!!
    Sep 30, 2001
    Rachael Leigh Cook is hot.
  7. MarkK.
    Jan 4, 2002
    I thought it was put together really well and the music in it is awesome.
    Jul 6, 2002
    IT ROCKED!
  9. JennaL.
    Apr 10, 2003
    I love this movie! And if Josie reads this I just want to say, I totally look up to you you are so cool!!I love Melody and Valery too!
  10. LindaG.
    May 13, 2003
    I love this movie I love the music in it....I just love it...=)
  11. CrystalR.
    Oct 17, 2001
    I thought it was the best movie I've seen in a long time! I've downloaded songs off the soundtrack and just listening to them makes me want to learn to play guitar. It's awesome!
  12. JasonK.
    Aug 20, 2001
    The movie was hilarious and with hot chicks like Rachael Lee Cook & Terra Reid, what more could you want. The plot and characters were hilarious. Funniest movie of the year.
  13. DanielP.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Great music and very funny. Definately my favourite movie.
  14. LaurenL.
    Jun 10, 2002
    It is ironic this movie appeals to a crowd that would never see a movie like this. To be honest if my brother did not have such a serious thing for Rachel Leigh Cook, I would have never seen, or cared to have seen this surprisingly smart movie. I have to say as far as girly fun movies go...this is one of the best, at least in recent times. Alan Cumming and Parker Posey are absolutely It is ironic this movie appeals to a crowd that would never see a movie like this. To be honest if my brother did not have such a serious thing for Rachel Leigh Cook, I would have never seen, or cared to have seen this surprisingly smart movie. I have to say as far as girly fun movies go...this is one of the best, at least in recent times. Alan Cumming and Parker Posey are absolutely hillarous. My guess is if you didn't like this movie you probably did and are just to stubborn to admit it. Expand
  15. ChristineW.
    Oct 17, 2001
    It's a great movie.
  16. *~rockstarpromQ~*
    Dec 20, 2001
    This was a really good movie. Awesome PLOT, CLOTHES, SONGS, and GIRLS.
  17. JamieL.
    Dec 20, 2001
    Cool!!!
  18. SamanthaB.
    Jun 28, 2002
    This flick was totally f'n awesome!!! it soooo inspired me to succeed a career in music! i mean come on now how could u not like this movie!! the story is great, the actors are absolutely perfect...i mean u couldnt get any better than Josie and the Pussycats!! i have the soundtrack, posters, movie, my wall is purple leapord, and i have the dvd even though i dont have a dvd player!!This flick was totally f'n awesome!!! it soooo inspired me to succeed a career in music! i mean come on now how could u not like this movie!! the story is great, the actors are absolutely perfect...i mean u couldnt get any better than Josie and the Pussycats!! i have the soundtrack, posters, movie, my wall is purple leapord, and i have the dvd even though i dont have a dvd player!! great work directors/actors! this movie ROX!!!!!!!!! Expand
  19. JordanP.
    Sep 19, 2002
    I think that this movie was great, I loved it. I think that Tara Reid was hillarious!! I liked all of the other characters to and thought they were all funny, I just liked Tara Reid's character the best. I also liked the music.
  20. PinkGal
    Sep 25, 2002
    I sooo luv dis movie. it's a real feel good movie and the music in it is so upbeat and lively. definately a film 2 watch! enjoy.
  21. EmilyN.
    Nov 21, 2001
    I Loved It!!! It wuz SO funny!! Melanie wuz hilarious i cried i wuz laughing so hard!!! JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS Rocks.
  22. ChrisM.
    Nov 24, 2002
    I love this movie! All of the actors and actresses rocked. The music rocked the plot rocked it IS my favorite movie IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET GO SEE IT!!! its an awesome movie find a video dvd, download it tape it off starz its so good!!!!!
  23. Nicole
    Aug 14, 2001
    COOL!!! This movie is fun, hilarious, stylish, cute...and unlike some other trashy teen movies this one has class and style. All teen girls will like it cuz of the great clothes and music. And I think Rachael Leigh Cook was awesome and did great.
  24. AndrewH.
    Aug 25, 2001
    I dunno those other kids, and I feel bad for lowering the average score, but this movie got a bum rap. Check it out, it's fun and funny. Some of the in-jokes are really great. It's just a silly movie, but I really had a good time watching it. (And I like a lot of arty indie stuff too. Gotta have fun sometimes.)
  25. DaniJ.
    Jun 23, 2001
    It was funny and kool, I liked it and sort of like their music!
  26. LatassiaK.
    Aug 31, 2002
    Rachel leigh cook and tara reid was both fantastic.. rachel's really talented.. tara was so funny.. this piece really rocks! i really love d soundtrack, itz kewl!
  27. YoonMinC.
    Sep 25, 2003
    Movies like this work best when lighthearted and silly and tend to bog down when something resembling a plot and rudimentary character development start taking shape. Still, the movie's episodic and spontaneously silly enough to be a decent airhead comedy.
  28. ColeL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    Quite a bad movie. This movie is like a sorority house. This movie plain sucks. It is just a bunch of hot women singing.
  29. Mr.T.
    Mar 6, 2002
    It f'n sucked it even bothered me subliminal messages in music make most people not want to buy music I'll never own the josie and the pussycats movie on dvd or any other format. As for the songs, I'll get a burned copy of the soundtrack. Stop making this crap (to directors) and Tara Reid is not braindead... do not portray her as braindead. She was great in American Pie.
  30. RobertZ.
    Nov 12, 2001
    Perhaps the worst film I've ever seen. By 10 year olds, for 10 year olds.

1. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    Fails as a movie, it works OK as a long-form video.
  2. Cumming manages to keep the film's pandering in check with every wicked raised eyebrow.
    Harmless girlie trifle. Or at least it means to be.