8.6

1. Aug 11, 2011
    Quite a few scenes in this movie were edge of your seat, nail biting moments. The movie unraveled, with hills and valleys, pretty well until the end. For some reason this movie got my adrenaline going and then I fell a little flat. I had to ask myself if 5 minutes of the film was strong enough to disappoint me after watching the previous hour and a half? I think, yes.
  2. Apr 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Two brothers played by Paul Walker and Stephen Zahn prank on a truck driver with a CB radio while on a road trip to pick up a friend (Leelee Sobieski). Very soon after they regret playing the prank. The truck driver is insane and makes their lives a living hell.
    What makes Joy Ride, late Paul Walker's best film is that it's a fun thriller heightened by chilling voice work by Ted Levine (Silence of the Lambs) as the truck driver. Walker impersonating a woman named Candy Cane on the CB radio which starts everything, is pretty funny. I'm not sure how anyone would believe he was a lady.

1. Manages to be both astoundingly derivative and reasonably entertaining at the same time.
  2. The potential for action never lets up; you never know what's coming around the next corner.
    Joy Ride is also surprisingly funny, thanks mostly to Zahn.