8.7

1. Aug 11, 2011
    Quite a few scenes in this movie were edge of your seat, nail biting moments. The movie unraveled, with hills and valleys, pretty well until the end. For some reason this movie got my adrenaline going and then I fell a little flat. I had to ask myself if 5 minutes of the film was strong enough to disappoint me after watching the previous hour and a half? I think, yes.
  2. RobertB.
    Oct 8, 2001
    Meh...maybe I've just seen too many of these kinds of movies, but this didn't really thrill me. Not too bad, I guess, and there were one or two suspenseful moments. The ending was so thin it almost made me mad, though...
  3. AndyS.
    Oct 8, 2001
    Reasonably well made but almost tension-free, it fails to generate the trippy, pulp kicks of Dahl's much better "The Last Seduction" or his best, "Red Rock West." It's especially disappointing in the character department, where Dahl is capable of serving up a menagerie of sharply drawn eccentrics. Here he gives us a collection of near ciphers with which the hard-working cast can Reasonably well made but almost tension-free, it fails to generate the trippy, pulp kicks of Dahl's much better "The Last Seduction" or his best, "Red Rock West." It's especially disappointing in the character department, where Dahl is capable of serving up a menagerie of sharply drawn eccentrics. Here he gives us a collection of near ciphers with which the hard-working cast can do little. Expand

1. Manages to be both astoundingly derivative and reasonably entertaining at the same time.
  2. The potential for action never lets up; you never know what's coming around the next corner.
    Joy Ride is also surprisingly funny, thanks mostly to Zahn.