Joyful Noise

6.5

1. Jan 18, 2012
    I like this movie, my 12-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter. Gospel and contemporary popular music, it appeals to all ages. The film is interesting, not too heavy, but delivered a healthy good news. Dolly has been a long time, I like, I almost forgot how much fun she can. Hope for the whole family can take away the noise from the joy of the message. Who knows the Queen Latifia can singI like this movie, my 12-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter. Gospel and contemporary popular music, it appeals to all ages. The film is interesting, not too heavy, but delivered a healthy good news. Dolly has been a long time, I like, I almost forgot how much fun she can. Hope for the whole family can take away the noise from the joy of the message. Who knows the Queen Latifia can sing so wonderful? This is an all-star cast of talented young people, a witty twist, a great, from start to finish optimism.
    You can watch her momomesh.com

I want to see the movie people can use a good laugh for the suggestions!
  2. Apr 14, 2012
    Loved it for the music, especially Keke Palmer's fabulous Man in the Mirror. Story's fairly corny but has some sweet moments, so no wonder it got brutalized by critics. You got to love gospel and feeling uplifted. Good for Queen Latifah championing this project. And interesting how it spotlight our troubled economic times.
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    I thought the movie was quite entertaining, and elevated by fine performances from Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton, and Jeremy Jordan. Can't remember the last time I walked out of the movie theater grinnig from ear to ear. http://luhathoughts.blogspot.com/2012/01/joyful-joyful-i-adore-thee.html
  4. Jan 20, 2012
    The singing in this film is what makes it good. The story is fun but some points could use some work. Loved the interaction between Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton, especially during the fight scene in the restaurant.
  5. Jan 15, 2012
    I really enjoyed this movie....I love music and will definetly be getting the soundtrack! I was loving the song at the end with all the remixes :) its was a good kind of corny and so much fun to watch
  6. Jan 28, 2012
    Angels:
    Angels:
    This movie is entertaining. If I was going to pigeon-hole this show, I would call it a musical/musical comedy. Perhaps the most important ingredient then, is the music. And the music was very enjoyable-uplifting, vibrant, pulsating, tuneful gospel music. The movie is worth the price of admission just for the music! The plot was a standard one about group competitions-it could have been basketball teams, cheerleading teams or in this case church choirs, but the resolution of the competition was perfect. I cannot say more or I will spoil it for you. The Queen, and Dolly did just fine. The script did not ask them to stretch their acting talents, and they both carry a tune nicely. I would say that the situations were not drawn as clearly or as plausibly as they might have been. One example: why was there so much animosity between the Queen and Dolly? I still don't really get it. But, this movie was a vehicle for the music, and once you understand that, you will enjoy the movie because you enjoy the music.
    Glow Brightly tonight Angels.
  7. Mar 2, 2012
    A really incredible film, this new work of Todd Graff (BandSlam) is great, I love Joyful Noise, with a really normal trama, you can pass a really good time.
  8. Jan 9, 2013
    Pure joy. How many movies can move us spiritually anymore -- and really make our hearts be lifted? The story was relevant (especially for my 14 year old son, who questions God, as the young man did in the film). I had heard that this got mixed to negative reviews in Hollywood....It's hard to believe, given the beauty and talent here. This is one that Mom's should take the time to sharePure joy. How many movies can move us spiritually anymore -- and really make our hearts be lifted? The story was relevant (especially for my 14 year old son, who questions God, as the young man did in the film). I had heard that this got mixed to negative reviews in Hollywood....It's hard to believe, given the beauty and talent here. This is one that Mom's should take the time to share with their kids. We have put four children through faith based parochial education, and yet in just over an hour, they got a stronger message from Queen Latifa, Dolly and an AMAZING group of performers. Amen to that! Expand
  9. Apr 3, 2014
    " this is the reason why musical movies are sepical . the fact that i watch this Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton are two reason why i came to see this film . Grade A+

A Joyful Noise overcomes. The big numbers are a gospel-pop-funk fusion that made me think, Hmmm, this seems very processed - before I noticed my feet were tapping of their own accord. How can you resist that wah-wah funk guitar?
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Jan 16, 2012
    The critic in me can authoritatively declare that the film is crap. The fan in me sent his shirt to the dry cleaners for tear removal.
  3. Reviewed by: Kevin C. Johnson
    Jan 14, 2012
    Nothing more than uninspired mushiness.