6.1

1. Feb 19, 2011
    Jumper is by far one of the worst movies i've ever seen, the story is crap, and the characters are unlikable (but what did you expect when the main character is the guy who ruined Star Wars), it's ultimately a really unenjoyable movie.
  2. AdamM.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Completely awful... treats it's viewers as if they would enjoy the special effects enough to where nothing else would matter. Characters do things no person would, say things no person would say, things happen that never would, and even if they asked you to sustain disbelief, there is nothing worth watching. I went into this movie expecting something bad, as I had heard it was, and Completely awful... treats it's viewers as if they would enjoy the special effects enough to where nothing else would matter. Characters do things no person would, say things no person would say, things happen that never would, and even if they asked you to sustain disbelief, there is nothing worth watching. I went into this movie expecting something bad, as I had heard it was, and they STILL managed to disappoint. Everyone would let this movie be made should be fired, and the screenplay writer should be SHOT. No kidding, it really is that bad. Expand
  3. MitchA.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Though I must admit it is valuable as a thrill ride, Jumper doesn't even feel like a complete movie. Nothing is horribly wrong, but the combination of frustrating acting and a story that plodded along to an 'end' before any development could happen restricts this film from being worth the short time it takes to watch it.
  4. JustinS.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Anyone who rated this movie higher than a 5 is a fricken idiot. You are the kind of people who allow big budget, special effects dependent movies that have no good acting or plot continue to be made. I sincerely would like to gang beat the people who thought it deserved awards. The special effects were cool, sure, but without a back story, without any good writing, it is pure trash. It Anyone who rated this movie higher than a 5 is a fricken idiot. You are the kind of people who allow big budget, special effects dependent movies that have no good acting or plot continue to be made. I sincerely would like to gang beat the people who thought it deserved awards. The special effects were cool, sure, but without a back story, without any good writing, it is pure trash. It saddened me to read the reviews of a couple people who could actually speak intelligently, yet posted a review of a 10 for this garbage. So you mean to tell me this is as good as all the best movies out there??? Keep giving hollywood your money people, and agree with them that americans are dumb sheep and only need "shiny things" in front of our eyes to be entertained. Expand
  5. Sam
    Aug 2, 2008
    I hate the fact that a majority of my friends liked this movie. Just the worst piece of crap ever. The jumping looked neat, but that is the only passable part.
  6. IanC
    Feb 15, 2008
    Awful awful awful awful. I WAS completely awestruck by Jumper, at how on earth this kind of junk gets made any more. The special-effects-only era is over, isn't it? We're in the dawn of a new era of a return to plot, character development, story as a basic requirement, aren't we? Hayden C has got to be one of the least charismatic actors around, he doesn't even LOOK Awful awful awful awful. I WAS completely awestruck by Jumper, at how on earth this kind of junk gets made any more. The special-effects-only era is over, isn't it? We're in the dawn of a new era of a return to plot, character development, story as a basic requirement, aren't we? Hayden C has got to be one of the least charismatic actors around, he doesn't even LOOK the part. it's like he can't be bothered to even try acting half the time. This crud isn't worth the substance you excrete to coat your eyeballs so they don't dry out as you stare at this unbelievable heap of dreadfulness. As for the comments Oscars, irony surely? Hopefully? PLEASE? Expand
  7. ArthurC.
    Feb 15, 2008
    So, you got a decent, pretty solid if you will idea of a science fiction tale. What to do with it? What to do? I know. Suck all the energy and life out of it by casting bland leads, throw in some ludicrous special effects to cover up plot holes, and create the most emotionally false movie in the history of cinema. Viola, you got Jumper.
  8. TheSwami
    Feb 19, 2008
    This movie was horrible. Nothing was explained in the background to the two sides...Rachel Bilson magically just ignored the guy being gone for years and fell in love with the older version with no background in seconds...no idea why the other Jumper Griffin was so antagonistic to meeting/working with one of his kind...overall an abomination. I want my money back.
  9. DanielVladu
    Feb 23, 2008
    this movie had no plot, terrible acting, incredibly boring dialogue, and just cruddy cinematography. However, I give it a one because of Samuel L. Jackson's "This shit I don't need" look in the end.
  10. Murray
    Mar 1, 2008
    What a snoozer! Never before did I think I could fall asleep in a movie, but this one was just terrible! The effects, I must concede, were good, but it really didn't help the atrocious plot. Nothing was explained. How did he get the powers? Like, did they just appear? It made zero sense. Stay away
  11. MikeV.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Christensen is just a horrible actor, I don't know why he is still chosen to star in movies. He disapointed many with his Starwars performance. He just seems like he has no personality, lifeless, and probably limp.
  12. Skytimes
    Mar 8, 2008
    The movie seemed rushed and hayden needs to have at least a speck of emotion in his acting. the movie was lame aside from its great action scenes (the only thing that kept me from giving this a 0).
  13. BobF
    Mar 9, 2008
    Predictable movie and confirmation that Hayden Christianson cannot act. Don't waste your time. I hate to see the category of sci-fi associated with crap like this.
  14. RadzE
    May 3, 2008
    Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. The acting was crap, the main character actually showed no emotion, the fight scenes were crap, even with the good CG. I gave it a 2 cause Rachel Bilson is hot, maybe I would have stretched it to a 3 if she showed more skin. Dont watch this just make popcorn and stare at a blank tv screen, you'll be better off.
  15. TommyF.
    May 6, 2008
    Damn! Who would want to watch this movie?
  16. MarisaT
    Jun 20, 2008
    The movie was a letdown for me. The trailers made the movie look very exciting. I'm a chick, and I do like these kinds of sci-fi/action flicks...especially when there will be some eye candy (Hayden Christensen and Jamie Bell). Yes, the visuals and effects were undeniably appealing. I can't say the same thing about the plot and acting. The story keeps...sorry for the The movie was a letdown for me. The trailers made the movie look very exciting. I'm a chick, and I do like these kinds of sci-fi/action flicks...especially when there will be some eye candy (Hayden Christensen and Jamie Bell). Yes, the visuals and effects were undeniably appealing. I can't say the same thing about the plot and acting. The story keeps...sorry for the pun...jumping around and doesn't lead to anywhere. The antagonists never mentioned HOW the jumpers are harmful. They only state that it's because the jumpers will abuse their power. Finally, I would give the acting a D. Rachel Bilson, no matter how adorable she is, should probably stick to sitcoms. It was irritating to see her ask "what?!" in every scene she appeared. Hayden and Jamie did seem to enjoy their roles. Perhaps that did keep the movie somewhat alive. If you're all for action, you may enjoy this movie. Expand
  17. KevinC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Initial concept was good. At first I thought this could be a good foundation for a sequel then I finished the movie. Nothing else needed to be said. Disappointed.
  18. LevS.
    Jul 14, 2008
    I've watched it. I cannot unwatch it. What a shame. I wonder if Liman got the job by saying, "The locations are all over the world. I've filmed all over the world (Bourne Identity). Give me the gig." What a hack.
  19. PaulS.
    Jul 4, 2008
    The concept was good. Unfortunately, that's the only good thing going for it.
  20. Star80
    Feb 15, 2008
    Oscar-worthy?? er, what category,,,actor best resembling a tree? It might win a technical award for special effects, but the critics panned this movie with good reason. A promising premise is wasted with inane dialogue and an absurd, illogical plot. To the film's credit, the effects are thrilling. The cast, however, is not. Christenen, as our hero David Rice, must have dug deep into Oscar-worthy?? er, what category,,,actor best resembling a tree? It might win a technical award for special effects, but the critics panned this movie with good reason. A promising premise is wasted with inane dialogue and an absurd, illogical plot. To the film's credit, the effects are thrilling. The cast, however, is not. Christenen, as our hero David Rice, must have dug deep into the vault to muster yet another astoundingly dull, stiff performance. Bilson, who seems out of place on the big-screen, appears perpetually bewildered as Christensen's love interest. Samuel L. Jackson, in what sadly has become a familiar schtick, trades character for caricature. Jumper is not for the discerning film go-er. In fact, if you don't fit into its targeted audience demographic, you should avoid it altogether. Naturally, the guys I went with all loved it, as did the mostly male audience. Most of us women walked out believing we'd been robbed of a few brain cells. Expand
  21. HaydenC
    Feb 20, 2008
    Worst movie I've seen in years. No dialogue or set story line. Every person involved with this film seemed to just "go through the motions." Not even fun to watch.
  22. TonyR-S
    Mar 1, 2008
    A premise with lots of (wasted) potential.
  23. O.M
    Mar 2, 2008
    I went into it knowing that it wouldn't be 'just like the book', but I expected it to hold onto the same general story line for at least 2 minutes before turning into something that felt completely disconnected, and unrelated even to itself. Yes, the jump fights were kind of cool, but it didn't make up for the fact that it barely managed to grab my attention before I went into it knowing that it wouldn't be 'just like the book', but I expected it to hold onto the same general story line for at least 2 minutes before turning into something that felt completely disconnected, and unrelated even to itself. Yes, the jump fights were kind of cool, but it didn't make up for the fact that it barely managed to grab my attention before losing it in a major way. It had great potential, but didn't even make it out of the gates. Expand
  24. EnderW.
    Feb 14, 2008
    The trailers made this movie look amazing, but unfortunately the movie was anything but. At less than an hour and a half, there was very little room for plot development, story, or interesting dialogue. Rachel Bilson looked hot, and the special-effects themselves were well done, but these things alone can't make a movie. There was essentially no explanation on the mechanics
  25. HollyR.
    Feb 15, 2008
    Way lame movie. I was looking forward to this, being a sci-fi fan but this was terrible. The acting was very poor, the story very scant, they didn't really do anything cool with their special power of teleportation and the tell-tale sign: you didn't care about any of the characters, good or bad. Just a really crappy movie with good trailers to suck us sci-fi suckers in. It Way lame movie. I was looking forward to this, being a sci-fi fan but this was terrible. The acting was very poor, the story very scant, they didn't really do anything cool with their special power of teleportation and the tell-tale sign: you didn't care about any of the characters, good or bad. Just a really crappy movie with good trailers to suck us sci-fi suckers in. It watched like a bad Stargate Atlantis episode. Ho-hum. Expand
  26. JohnS.
    Feb 15, 2008
    This movie was terrible. It sucks a lot. I give it a 1. It should go have sex with itself.
  27. JonT.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Why does Christensen keep getting work? He's talentless and the vaccuum of charisma and void of talent he throws on the screen can't be off-set by slick CGI. If Lucas can't hide his inadequate acting with loud noises and big flashes, no one can. What kind of pictures he must have to keep getting roles.....
  28. Kyle
    Feb 24, 2008
    An abomination of film-making. Even if this was intended to be a trilogy, how about actually showing a film worth viewing as the opener! This was more like part 1 of a 3 part TV episode rather than an actual movie. The ending was abrupt, the beginning was never fully explained, and the middle didn't really do much of anything. The sad thing is this movie premise DID have potential to An abomination of film-making. Even if this was intended to be a trilogy, how about actually showing a film worth viewing as the opener! This was more like part 1 of a 3 part TV episode rather than an actual movie. The ending was abrupt, the beginning was never fully explained, and the middle didn't really do much of anything. The sad thing is this movie premise DID have potential to be something different than standard formulaic Hollywood fare. Not sure whether the directing or acting (or even the casting people) are to blame here, frankly I'd just spread the blame all around for creating this mess in the first place. Avoid at all costs! Might be worth a token look for Netflix, definitely not worth seeing in theatre. Expand
  29. DarinC.
    Feb 28, 2008
    Never saw it, but gave it a 0 to counter James B's 10
  30. ZekeB.
    Jun 11, 2008
    90 minutes of my life i will never get back.
  31. MauricioL.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This movie was horrible and I really hated it, it had a lot of wholes and the acting waws bad , I thought it was a waste of time and i really like si fi flicks.
  32. FilmFan
    Jun 29, 2008
    I really wanted to like this film. Unfortunately the only thing going for it are the special affects. However the film is afflicted with the following. Least then apt writing including poor pacing (which makes parts drag out and yawn inducing) and characterisations were unrealistic. The main protagonist is annoying and has no redeeming features you'd root for in a hero. While the I really wanted to like this film. Unfortunately the only thing going for it are the special affects. However the film is afflicted with the following. Least then apt writing including poor pacing (which makes parts drag out and yawn inducing) and characterisations were unrealistic. The main protagonist is annoying and has no redeeming features you'd root for in a hero. While the story has potential it falls flat with little substance. I really only recommend this if you have nothing better to do. Expand
  33. DearGod...
    Jul 11, 2008
    I really wish I could have "jumped" out of the theater. It was terrible. I could make better movies in my sleep.
  34. Apr 7, 2011
    Let me just say that I actually didn't mind Hayden Christensen in Star Wars at all. In fact, I kinda liked him in Episodes 2 and 3. Here however, he became a big annoyance. Other than him, the plot was very weak, and the ending was horrible and unsatisfying. Thumbs down.
  35. Jan 6, 2011
    i totally agree with what the critics gave it 35 is what i thought it should get '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  36. Nov 9, 2014
    The premise for this movie is decent. However it is carried out with such a void in charisma that this ends up being one of the most excruciatingly boring viewing experiences in recent history. Not even Sam L Jackson can save this film, which is really saying something. Really this film never stops feeling like a build up, even in the "climax", and at the end you can't help feeling you'veThe premise for this movie is decent. However it is carried out with such a void in charisma that this ends up being one of the most excruciatingly boring viewing experiences in recent history. Not even Sam L Jackson can save this film, which is really saying something. Really this film never stops feeling like a build up, even in the "climax", and at the end you can't help feeling you've wasted an hour and a half of your life. Expand
  37. Nov 28, 2012
    Poor acting and a lackluster story completely submerge the film's somewhat intriguing premise in a mire of forgettability .
  38. May 20, 2014
    Other than a few cool action scenes, the characters are painfully dull, the special effects are unattractive, and the entire plot is nearly muddled to the point of being nonexistent.
  39. Nov 22, 2013
    After seeing this dreadful version of the so called jumper movie I was appalled. The original book was a well written and interesting read that should never have been ruined by such a terrible rewrite. This is a prime example of movies ruining perfectly good story lines that have been laid out before them by excellent books. If only the movie producers could get their heads out of theirAfter seeing this dreadful version of the so called jumper movie I was appalled. The original book was a well written and interesting read that should never have been ruined by such a terrible rewrite. This is a prime example of movies ruining perfectly good story lines that have been laid out before them by excellent books. If only the movie producers could get their heads out of their buts and realize that people go to see movies that were originally books in hope that they are going to see the story that they know and love brought to life, not botched and ruined. No one goes to see films based on books in hopes that the movie is a far cry from the original story, nobody. Expand
  40. May 3, 2014
    After seeing "In time" I said "brilliant idea, but it could be done better," but as far as the basic idea of "In Time" had been crapped with the usual cliches film, the film is not a product poor, indeed it is worth to see it at least once in their life because as in "The truman show" the whole movie is a great metaphor for real life!
    For Jumper I thought the same thing, but with a small
    For Jumper I thought the same thing, but with a small big difference, is the whole movie to be poor! Aside from a few funny sequence say, this film is really bad! The basic idea could not have been handled worse than that!
    I did not like anything about this movie, the actors are bad (samuel jackson is not served to bring up the level), the direction is bad, the picture is horrible, and the assembly sickening! In conclusion, a film to be avoided
  41. Apr 27, 2015
    ''Jumper'' sets a very interesting premise and gives interest to public with its somewhat original story, but all this is spoiled by its extremely tiny script and cheesy acting by all of its cast (unfortunately, Samuel L. Jackson too).

It may be mindless and sexless and humorless, but Jumper jumps.
    The best stuff in Jumper comes early, while the movie is still busy explaining its scenario. It's only when all the pieces are in place and the story actually kicks in that things start to fall apart, and quickly.
    It's a feature-length teaser for a never-to-be sci-fi franchise.