8.4

1. Mar 21, 2014
    waited for the movie to start getting good, and it just never did!, one of the worst movies I've seen, humour wasn't funnier at all, and the songs in the film when they sing are just terrible!
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto mucho, tuvo un buen argumento y buenos personajes."Juno" es una pelicula que te puede llegar a emocionar por su increible guion y por el problema que afronta el protagonista.
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    honestly in all its simplicity i like this movie ver much Maybe a little overarated but ellen page e michael cera in particolary have done a wonderful work credit to them .
    Recommended for all
  4. Oct 18, 2013
    Very cool movie!!! Great acting and the plot is not tired. Look!!!
    the film is about a strong girl who overcomes the difficulties of life and learn new things) Film with a deep meaning which will transform your life and you'll never the same.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    Juno was a good movie. I wasn't surprised but I was a little disappointed as I expected a little more from that movie as the reviews from the critics and the users are high. It has a great cast especially Ellen's Page performance which should have been awarded with an Oscar. The plot wasn't something really amazing but the whole film was entertaining It had some funny moments and some quite a bit sad moments. It is entertaining and easily watched and if you like this kind of comedies you will like it. I liked it but I was expecting more.. Expand
  6. Jun 13, 2013
    Such an annyoying movie. That one kid who acts like an alien in every movie is horrible. Ellen Page was a total you know what. Gross. Making teen pregnancy look like something fun.
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    Juno is the ultimate teen movie, Jaspon Reitman clearly shows how much he understands teens lifestyle, thoughts, and humor. It provides fun and lovable performances and a wonderful plot that sooth the hearts of audiences everywhere.
  8. Feb 11, 2013
    Juno is a mess. You know there is a problem when every character, especially Ellen page, is either extremely annoying or irritating. Like the characters the movie is uninteresting and frankly a waste of time.
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    Jason Reitman's "Juno" is a dramedy about a teenager (Page) who faces an unplanned pregnancy and decides to put her unborn child up for adoption. Now, I've heard a lot of good buzz about "Juno" since it's 2007 release, and I've been rather excited to finally see it. First off, I can say that the film itself is pretty good. I enjoyed most of the aspects of it. The acting on all fronts is great. Ellen Page is hilarious as the titular character, and Michael Cera is equally as funny as her awkward friend. The facet of the movie that I admired the most was the film's brilliant, Academy Award-Winning script written by Diablo Cody. I found every line in this movie to be delightfully unique, and Cody's use of modern dialogue devices really helps to give this movie a certain authenticity. Although this movie is labelled a comedy, I found it to be more of a heartfelt drama love story - especially towards the end. Overall, I felt that "Juno" was a very sweet addition to the comedy genre. Expand
  10. Nov 17, 2012
    The dialogue rattles off so sharply and originally, you can't help but be entranced by Juno's wit. It also has an emotional core, and some genuine heartwarming moments. Reitman, like Alexander Payne, is a master of the human comedy.
  11. Sep 1, 2012
    So unique. Quirky, awkward, and just great. Best picture?...... no. However, it provided a tender message that had a lasting impact. You have to appreciate the weirdness of this film or you will not like it.
  12. Aug 28, 2012
    Ellen Page shines as Juno MacGuff! She delivers a bright and shiny performance. I don't know if many audience members are aware of this, but Diablo Cody, who wrote the screenplay for this film was inspired by her life when she was 16 and pregnant in which it shows exactly what can happen during pregnancy and how it can guiltily affect your boyfriend that got you pregnant from sexual intercourse. Juno MacGuff acts like she doesn't care if she's pregnant, but she was smart about it and she does act like she is facing the challenges of being pregnant and she still does care about her boyfriend, Paul Bleeker (Michael Cera). Paul Bleeker still cared about her also. He felt guilty about getting her pregnant, but they still love each other and Page and Cera play cool characters. But what's great is the coming-of-age-type of love story between the two where they have great and intelligent chemistry with each other. And where the film's soul comes from is from the strong character development between the two from start to finish and where she faces a lot of hard decisions about being pregnant around her family and friends and between giving it up for adoption or the other. And strangely enough, it was romantically funny between the two. It's directed like a sitcom, but Jason Reitman makes a wonderful image out of it; especially the hilarious and moving performances of Michael Cera and Ellen Page and the impressive dialogue. Juno MacGuff (Ellen Page) is obnoxious as hell, but Ellen Page was great at her emotions and her obnoxious, yet very smart and intelligently written script. And hey, thanks to Diablo Cody's writing that was inspired by her 16 and pregnant life, it was well done with Juno MacGuff's smartitude, because her smartitude is what made her smart about her pregnancy. Diablo Cody's writing is also what made the script intelligently clever, smart, and not funny but beyond that: Hilarious! To give the audience an experience of being pregnant during high school, it gets the job done with impressive writing from Diablo Cody that made it so smart and intelligent. The love story between Juno and Paul was well-inspired. Especially due to the fact they played great characters. If you hate this wonderful movie, I would feel bad for you because where is your soul? Let me remind you haters this is a very touching movie that gives you clues of what being 16 and pregnant is like since it shows exactly what can happen when a some is pregnant - even when she gave birth and the guilt her boyfriend faced. Besides, wasn't it emotionally intense when she gave birth? Because this film shows how pregnancy can be in every way effective. Besides, It is romantically funny between Juno and Paul, so don't underestimate their character development and chemistry either, because hating this movie would be just soulless. Besides, like I said, she is obnoxious as hell, but she is cool like that, she's bright, sweet, charmingly and cleverly funny, smart, and intelligent. You would be an idiot to underestimate Juno MacGuff's awesome personality. Also, DO NOT underestimate Diablo Cody's superb writing and/or the romantic development between Juno and Paul either! Even if you hate the film considering Juno to be annoying, you are still an idiot, because she is very cool like Ellen Page. One of the coolest things about her is hamburger phone: that was clever as hell! I honestly think Juno was flawed, but thanks to Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, writing and acting inspired from life of someone (yes, Diablo Cody) who was pregnant at age 16 gives it a coherent soul to captives your heart into a wonderfully explanatory experience of teenage pregnancy - especially since it shows how teenage pregnancy can be both personally and emotionally effective - even on your friends and family - well done by it's sweet and charming qualities - and Ellen Page, who helped made it sweet and charming due to her character and performance. Thank her and the rest of the cast also! And you know what, how can you hate this? You would be a disgrace to hate it. This movie has soul and it would be the perfect movie to watch in Health class in High School to give students clues of teenage pregnancy. Hating this movie, would be soulless. Shame on ANYONE who hates Juno! And yes, I mean you also! You haters would just make me sick! Although you haters may find Juno annoying: She is actually very sweet and clever! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HER and/or Ellen Page. Especially Diablo Cody's writing. That would just make you haters inconsiderate with no soul. And haters, have you seen the show 16 and Pregnant on MTV? If so, that TV show ACTUALLY shows what I mentioned about teen pregnancy before and depicts it between Juno & Paul. I would also like to point out again that the screenplay of this film was inspired by Diablo Cody's life as a 16 year-old pregnant girl so think twice before you hate. Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2012
    Juno is the sort of film that is hampered by aspects of its approach, yet surprisingly winning in its outcome. Ellen Page stars as the titular Juno MacGuff, who becomes pregnant after, well, having sex. She could be termed quirky and is a bit of a wiseass -- especially for someone who forgets basic biology -- but the performance makes her disarmingly likable. Juno of course decides to have the baby and to then give it up for adoption, and the film follows her through the remaining course of her pregnancy. Director Jason Reitman's previous Thank You for Smoking was justly praised, and here he has created an equally enjoyable experience. Diablo Cody's script is perhaps a little too self conscious -- would anyone ever use the phrase "honest to blog"? -- but she shows a knack for creating memorable characters with occasionally humorous dialogue. The proceedings are definitely aided by a talented cast. Michael Cera shines here with his unique meek charm as the, um, baby-daddy. J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney have excellent bit parts as Juno's father and stepmother. However the majority of the acting credit must go to both Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner as the potential adoptive parents, and who provide valid dramatic counterpoints to the otherwise sweet comedy in the foreground. Though the self-congratulatory wittiness may grate some and the twee-filled soundtrack may prove taxing to others -- plenty may fall into both categories -- Juno ends up coming together nicely on just about every level. Expand
  14. May 20, 2012
    Started well but ran out of steam about half way through. Page is excellent throughout but I expected more from the Bateman/Garmer couple and it did feel a little like an MTV show.
  15. Feb 21, 2012
    Juno is a film full of extremely unappealing people which has been tailor-made to appeal to a teenage audience, who luckily for director Reitman, don't have a fully developed crap-detector yet. Side note - Ellen Page wasn't playing Juno... she was playing Ellen Page as Juno. Previous and subsequent performances are all Ellen Page clones. The whole sarcasm-dipped banter thing isn't fresh or funny anymore, my dear. Broaden your horizons immediately, if you're even able, before the slow death of type-casting takes hold. Expand
  16. Feb 6, 2012
    Ellen Page in her best acting so far. This movie is brilliant from the first minute on. It is not so funny I expected ... it comes more like a dramedy though this is what makes this film even better! Brilliant acting and plot.
  17. Dec 13, 2011
    this movie successfully created the most unlikable main character ever. then they add hipster belle and Sebastian songs to make it seem so against the man. god it made me laugh...so bad...
  18. Nov 27, 2011
    Seriously overrated. I think overall that it was an ok film but I wasnt really into it as much as others may have been. The acting was fine and Ellen Page was a good lead but it was just so stupid to me.
  19. Oct 18, 2011
    I recently bought a triple pack containing Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Waitress. These are all 3 fine films that effortlessly portray strong female characters at multiple ages and classes while also bringing so much more to the table. Although it is not my favourite of the bunch (that would be Waitress) Juno exemplifies a film that flies high on its own adorableness but still shows that it is remarkably self aware, intelligent and funny as hell.
    Juno tells the story of (oddly enough) Juno Macguff (Ellen Page who at the age of 16 gets pregnant by her boyfriend Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera) and decides to give it up for adoption to a middle class couple (Jennifer Garner & Jason Bateman) with the help of her parents (Allison Janney & J.K Simmons).
    Page manages to thrive on the incredibly solid script bringing to life the character who is shown to be incredibly smart, independent and authentic. If anything the other cast member who does as good a job is Jennifer Garner who portrays Vanessa so brilliantly that this highly strung, obsessive and quite frankly domineering becomes funny and enchanting. Batemans Mark also brings a commanding performance as a man who just hasn't grown up, with him in some ways being more immature than Juno despite the fact he is 20 years older.
    The rest of the cast bring some great comedy to the mix with Simmons and Janney both bringing their great comic timing while also providing a foil for Juno as she struggles with her pregnancy. The scenes between Janney and Page are especially good with displays of such affection handled so delicately and subtly. The film works from a fantastic script and is all brought together by director Jason Reitman who conveys so much through what isn't shown as well as his extremely honest direction of the actors, especially towards the end. Juno does not disappoint at all, in fact its nine months I'd happily watch again and again.
  20. Sep 15, 2011
    Starring the actress we know from INCEPTION and WHIP IT and the actor we know from SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD and SUPERBAD, JUNO is a ridiculously funny comedy about an unplanned teen pregnancy. When I rented it, even though it was nominated for a few Oscars and was highly praised review-wise, I feared that it would be an "indie" twist on the usual dumb-humor farce; but it's extremely simple to say that that's not at all what this was. It was an amazing blend of controversy and laughs that, quite surprisingly, weren't from raunchiness or crudeness, but rather from the cleverness of the plot and sub-plots altogether. Expand
  21. Aug 5, 2011
    Honestly, it wasn't really funny, or really clever, or really anything. It was just a movie to watch, it didn't entice me or connect me to the characters; it was just O.K., nothing more. I can see the effort and the great acting, but the story just was not interesting to me.
  22. Apr 4, 2011
    The movie was almost solid. It could've been better if the didn't **** up the dialogue by putting some of the worst things that I've ever heard in it. And Ellen Page was only good. Goddamn academy. And why is it that she only gets to be clever? **** you academy. This should've never been awarded best original screenplay.
  23. Jan 31, 2011
    Very funny PG-13 movie and Ellen Page plays the greatest role on the movie. Also, the soundtrack is amazing and all of the jokes on the movie are hilarious.
  24. Jan 26, 2011
    For what it is...it passes. Not sure I agree with the subject matter or how it was handled by the characters , but Ellen Page came of as charming despite her offbeat personality and Michael Cera continues to slowly grow on me. It may not be a straight up comedy as some suggest but it does have its moments of laugh out loud dialogue and situations. Juno seems more fit for a selective audience but as an indie film I have to say that I rather enjoyed it. Expand
  25. Jan 10, 2011
    Coming-of-age story told with remarkable witt, adroitness, authenticity, and essence. The dialogue is thorough and adept without losing its younger viewers. "Juno" is a smart comedy/drama that, at times, comes across a bit brusque, but wins your heart through the 9 month journey of a teen-made-mom facing the astringent sociological and physiological effects of a "fly-by-night" decision. However, instances of quixotic support from parents and quirky relationships make "Juno" less believable, and more Hollywood than you would like to see, but manages to keep your attention long enough through Page's brilliant performance. Expand
  26. Jan 7, 2011
    Reminds us that there are alternatives to abortion. Also helps during one's search for identity by encouraging to just be oneself. Suggests not to chase a fancy lover, but be with the one who cares - the best friend. Fast paced, very likable, and sometimes beautiful.
  27. Nov 19, 2010
    Juno is outstandingly scripted, wonderfully acted, and despite narrating a rather slow-paced story, it touches on appropriately compelling notes with the right yet subtle amount of poignance, passion and power.
  28. Oct 30, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hmm this movie is probably only interesting to young-older teens. not funny at all! I could see that they tried to be funny but it was more of like a goofy/silly type thing that immature ppl would find funny. the only part i found interesting was the drama between the adopting couple. other than that... eh. I HATE the sarcasm in the movie. I was like HELLO theres a 16 year old girl thats pregnant! does anybody care? its like they make it seem "OK"! the parents didnt seem to be too worried or shocked and the girl seemed like she could care less. If i was her parent i'd be PISSED at the fact that my daughter was having sex at that age knowing the consequences. these parents seem just as irresponsible as their kid. This is NOT the message that we should be sending to teens. and i actually believe the only smart thing this girl did was give the baby up for adoption. that comment the doc said when she was giving the ulrasound saying the teen mother shouldnt raise her baby cause she'd be in a poisonous environment was actually something i'd agree with. plus teens dont know how great it is to have their freedom until they r responsible for the life of a child. Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2010
    My favorite movie! Ellen Page is the only person who could have done this part. The movie shows how fun life can be, while blending that with the up and down rollercoaster of teenage life. I cried when she had the baby because I knewthat even though the baby was not going to be brought up by Juno, that she was still eternally, and forever the baby's mother
  30. Sep 1, 2010
    Teenager gets accidentally pregnant, decides to give the baby to a middle class couple when it's born.
    Great film that's full of charm & very sweet.
    Ellen Page is fantastic as the quirky yet very dry Juno. Good supporting cast & a great soundtrack to go with it.
  31. Aug 22, 2010
    I like this film and think ellen page gives a fantastic performance. The main problem however is apparent in the opening credits, the indie feel overwhelms you after a while and never really stops. Nevertheless i'd still recommend a viewing even if just to see Ellen Pages fantastic performance and the very creative way the film goes about it's plot. It's not a bad film by any means, it's a really good one covered in the stench of hipster Expand

1. A blithe charmer balanced somewhere between a life-should-be-so-neat fairy tale and a life's-a-real-bitch tragicomedy, leaves political debate at the ticket counter and focuses solely on what it's like for Juno MacGuff to be Juno MacGuff.
  2. It’s the writer, Diablo Cody, and the director, Jason Reitman, who have screws loose. Or maybe they’re just desperate to make their film a chick "Rushmore" or "Garden State."
    There's a special kick that comes in finding a new star. So step up, Ellen Page, and take your bows.