6.2

1. JoyceC.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Since the adaption of the dinasour's on the Island is over, they go through something we call maturing. The dinasours have matured over time, became smarter, more intelligent and brutal than ever imagined.
  2. IzaakV
    Jan 22, 2009
    I love this movie. The mere fact that they brought it out just for more 'jurassic park action' is good enough for me.
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    A bit shorter than I would have liked but still loads of dinosaurs and loads of actions.Making the film a bit longer and including a bit more story wouldn't hurt but still a fantastic film and one of my favourites.
  4. Jun 11, 2013
    I love this movie! While not as good as the first and second movie, i still enjoy it. Also, i LOVE the Spinosaurus, but my favorite Dino is still the T-Rex.
  5. GustavoH.R.
    Jan 1, 2004
    JPIII is fun. It's not brilliant. It's not as good as the first film, but it's a thrilling adventure film. Obviously, the fourth film will be better.
  6. JenC.
    Apr 7, 2002
    Jurassic Park III Rocks! I love it! Whoever thinks thinks this movie sucks is crazy! I hope they come out with a fourth one!
  7. GretaW.
    May 1, 2003
    I thought this movie was just great i also thought the movie felt and seemed very real i would love to meet steven speirlburg it would be a dream i likes billy he was very hot but i do like the other characters are good too!! and i cant fogetDr alan grant(sam neill) very good actor!!! thumbs up
  8. raVen
    Mar 10, 2004
    (7.539) Not as dreadfully awful as the worst reviews would suggest. It is thankfully and strategically short, coming on the heels of the five-part dino opera that was Lost World. The usual nitpicking can be done--pteranodons loose at the end of the last movie are now in captivity, the old 'spare the boat but eat the crew' trick is employed once again--but if you can't (7.539) Not as dreadfully awful as the worst reviews would suggest. It is thankfully and strategically short, coming on the heels of the five-part dino opera that was Lost World. The usual nitpicking can be done--pteranodons loose at the end of the last movie are now in captivity, the old 'spare the boat but eat the crew' trick is employed once again--but if you can't suspend your disbelief for extended periods, you wouldn't get past the whole living dinosaur part anyway. (For the record, the resurrected beasts look as good as ever). I do have a problem with one particular part of the story. When Neil's character Alan Grant reflects on his feelings about his old running and screaming buddy Ian Malcom, (Jeff Goldblum) he does so with a surprising hint of disgust. Grant has apparently forgotten that they were allies in the first go-around, and the writers have apparently forgotten who got us all through the first sequel. More respect should be paid to the best human character this series has yielded. Here's a thought: since the Powers That Be seem bent on giving us JP4, why not mix it up a little. A storyline involving an ill-fated 'reality' show would be very timely. Camera crew and contestants bucking for a million bucks soon become bait as they try to outlast each other on Site A, the old Park. You could even do the Celebrity Mole bit--a twenty says Kobe will outlast Rush. Feeding reality TV to the dinos will have audiences cheering everywhere. It would read at face value as an examination of what stupid people will do for fame and fortune, and prove once and for all that the dinosaurs are the smartest things on those islands, and should be left alone. For good. Expand
  9. Spino
    Aug 9, 2004
    Compared to the first, crappy, but solid overall.
  10. PazzyM.
    May 31, 2007
    I liked this! When I first stepped into the cinema, I thought "Not another movie where they all run away from a huge T.Rex and a group of Raptors, then they all fly away on a helecopter and VIOLA! End of movie!", but no. I was soooo wrong! Spinosaurus was a very nice change, and was a lot more fun than T.Rex as it included more interesting elements. It had fire, water, earth, air and even I liked this! When I first stepped into the cinema, I thought "Not another movie where they all run away from a huge T.Rex and a group of Raptors, then they all fly away on a helecopter and VIOLA! End of movie!", but no. I was soooo wrong! Spinosaurus was a very nice change, and was a lot more fun than T.Rex as it included more interesting elements. It had fire, water, earth, air and even Dino Poop! The others were just mainly running away. I also found the new raptors very cunning, and were more than just killing machines, they actualy showed intellegence. I am looking forward to Jurassic Park 4, as I feel that the series are just getting better and better. Expand
  11. LaurieK.
    Nov 7, 2001
    Well done, with a snappy script and good performances. The problem is, the dinos aren't a novelty anymore, so the wonder they evoked in the first film is absent. Time to lay the franchise to rest.
  12. SahebD.
    Jul 19, 2001
    "I like Jusaric Prak 3. I cant spel veri wle cuz i ma in grade 1. But i wood hav givenn it a 9.5 but there is onyl a 9 and 10. Oh Well. Im a bad boy." (Ed: Classic!)
  13. KevinE.
    Jan 22, 2002
    I think this is the best film ever made and all you people who think it is crap you must be mental.
  14. StephanieB.
    Jun 24, 2002
    This movie ROCKED! Just as good, if not better than the first one! Anybody that disagrees has to get a brain check! :)
  15. DannielleB.
    Jul 29, 2002
    It's my favourite movie!! It's cool!! I especially like Billy. (Alessandro Nivola!!)
  16. SaraS.
    Jun 17, 2003
    I thought the movie was great i love all of the jurassic park movies.
  17. JamesM.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Great!
  18. TylerC.
    Apr 30, 2004
    The spino rocks this movie like no tomorrow it should be the main star.
  19. MitchellG.
    Aug 19, 2004
    The reason why i rated the movie 8 is the whole movie is too short and too quick about the t-rex and spinosaurus attack the traveling vehicle.
  20. anthonym
    Jul 6, 2005
    I like jp3 because of the raptors thats my favorite dinosaur and in a pack they could any animal just litsen to the beggining of the movie it'll tell you.
  21. PatrickD.
    Sep 13, 2005
    A decent action film. Nothing special.
  22. JaredC.
    Oct 6, 2007
    JJ1 was the beginning of dinasour excitement where a couple of opinions, one creation, and a special whoop cream can change the function of the island. Ian Malcolm is done, and we know that, it would be exhausting having him as the main role in this, he is only good in the first two and never should be chosen as a character in JJ4, unless if he gets eaton in that one. Allen Grant, well he JJ1 was the beginning of dinasour excitement where a couple of opinions, one creation, and a special whoop cream can change the function of the island. Ian Malcolm is done, and we know that, it would be exhausting having him as the main role in this, he is only good in the first two and never should be chosen as a character in JJ4, unless if he gets eaton in that one. Allen Grant, well he is the main main character, he belongs in this one, since Ian has no clue what a dinasour skeleton or raptor intelligence is, he would be picked as the last main character for this. Allen Grant is smart, witty, and serious within everything, he takes everything deeply and ambitiously, he uses the advice he gots and uses it as the main road in this hit thriller. JJ3 is not intense or terrifying, but it is adventurous, exciting, and swashbuckling. More people die, although I wish that Billy dude would have died, it would have been better. In my opinion JJ3 is here to stay because it has a sudden and stable focus and balance. It is short and sweet, a lovable film just like the first two. From my words, the best one to worst one: JJ1, JJ3, JJ2 (The Lost world). I do not like JJ2 as much because it has a heavy situation, but without any creative advice Ian has in store for safety, he never uses because al he has is chemical witt. As they say in JJ3, and I totally agree, Ian Malcolm is preachy, and talks all about chaos, and he is always high on himself. Well Allen Grant, he can handle anything. They can make seven more Jurassic Park films and have allen Grant as the main character, even since he is now 60. Great job Allen, your performance has crafted a role in such way to show a different type of situation where Raptor's are extinctively smarter than any other animal on the Planet and are capable to take over the planet if there were such species surviving on Earth. Great job: 10/10. Expand
  23. JCA.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very good. The best of all Jurassic Park's.
  24. SpencerJ.
    Feb 8, 2007
    The movie was excellent, because of the constant tension and excitment!
  25. TomM.
    Oct 15, 2008
    Surprisingly, not nearly as bad as Spielberg's second outing. The dino updates and additions and beautiful CGI make this film, but the acting isn't half bad either (if you keep your sense of humor). At least they don't end up in the mainland again.
  26. HosieW
    Apr 8, 2008
    Hey Bob Y What's wrong wit you ?Stupid or somtin?what would you do if you were stranded on that Island and it was for real? Go hide under a bush? Or try{using your 2 legs and Brain{if you have one} to get off the island before you get eaten! And I also agree with Jeremy H. IT won't be the same without SAM NEILL! But Steven will probably screw it up by not casting Sam in JP4.
  27. TrentS.
    Dec 16, 2001
    Absolutely EXCELLENT! the story line was very bad, But the special FX made up for that, I loved the film it really blew me away, And Hey all you critics out there who think the movies bad GET A LIFE you all think Harry Potter that nosy little wizard is better, but AHEM...It sucks compared to the great JURASSIC PARK 3!
  28. SilasA.
    Jul 18, 2001
    The only thing I found lacking in the movie was the plot, or the lack thereof. There were a few mistakes, like when Alan Grant made a reference to "the San Diego incident" since this was supposed to be a prequal to The Lost World. The fight between the T-Rex and the Spinosaurus was excellent, however it should have lasted a bit longer. After all, the T-Rex had been made out to be the The only thing I found lacking in the movie was the plot, or the lack thereof. There were a few mistakes, like when Alan Grant made a reference to "the San Diego incident" since this was supposed to be a prequal to The Lost World. The fight between the T-Rex and the Spinosaurus was excellent, however it should have lasted a bit longer. After all, the T-Rex had been made out to be the "King of the dinosaurs". You'd think it could put up more than a barely- 5 min. fight. I realize that they had to let the Spinosaurus win the fight due to the fact that it was the main dino in this film, but in reality the T-rex would have been the victor. The T-rex's jaws are far superior to the Spinosaurs' alligator-like mouth, and would have ripped its neck apart if it had grabbed ahold of it. Instead it didn't even draw blood. All in all the movie was very entertaining, but the lack of a decent plot hurt the rating. Expand
  29. MichaelC.
    Sep 14, 2001
    A highly plausible and moneymaking cinema event. It succeeds mostly because it doesn?t try too hard to be a sequel to Jurassic Park, it seems like a film all on its own. If I had to complain about something, the kid story is far too unbelievable to trick even the dumbest viewers and the characters sometimes do stupid things. Despite that I really enjoyed Jurassic Park 3 and it kept me A highly plausible and moneymaking cinema event. It succeeds mostly because it doesn?t try too hard to be a sequel to Jurassic Park, it seems like a film all on its own. If I had to complain about something, the kid story is far too unbelievable to trick even the dumbest viewers and the characters sometimes do stupid things. Despite that I really enjoyed Jurassic Park 3 and it kept me highly satisfied and entertained for the overly short running time. The dinosaurs look fantastic; the film is awesomely entertaining and improves on the quality of the 2nd outing. The film also improves because it is much scarier than the first two Jurassic Park films. The scenes may not have as much build-up or suspense but in the moment, right then and there, they are absolutely horrifying, more so than the first two films. The new dinosaur creation, The Spinosaurs, also helps to give the film a slice of originality and creativity. The acting isn?t great and the absence of previous director Steven Speilberg shows in dramatic scenes, but this remains a highly crowd-pleasing and enjoyable summer horror adventure flick that I?m sure you?ll enjoy if you don?t expect too much from it. So, just get the tickets, prepare to have some major-ass having fun, kick your feet up and watch some spectacular special effect dino action! Expand
  30. KarlD.
    Jan 11, 2002
    A highly entertaining movie, but the plot is too simple. There wasn't so much the WOW! factor as the film brought to us things that we have seen before in the Jurassic park movies. Would I mind seeing it another time? Not at all.
  31. Sam
    Jul 11, 2005
    Dissapointing. It's a decent film, but serioulsy, the third title of a great series usually sucks because why? New director, new view, different movie, and not always for the better. I enjoyed it, but with a 4th one coming out, it'd better not screw it up because it's the last of the series.
  32. BrunoS.
    Sep 23, 2005
    I didn´t like the film much in the cinemas, but at home I enjoyed it more. The film is good and the effects are excellent, but the end sucks. The fourth will probably be the best because it´s like the first jurassic park but with the creatures in the mainland, getting out of their zoo cages and terrifying the whole USA with militaires going after them. It is the best we could I didn´t like the film much in the cinemas, but at home I enjoyed it more. The film is good and the effects are excellent, but the end sucks. The fourth will probably be the best because it´s like the first jurassic park but with the creatures in the mainland, getting out of their zoo cages and terrifying the whole USA with militaires going after them. It is the best we could wish for. Expand
  33. DestinyW.
    Nov 27, 2007
    i am the biggest dinosaur fan in the world. the movie was great. the new dino spinisaurus was good. i would say it needed more dinosaurs more killing and the ending needs to be good and it can end in a fight. o yeah why do the people have to survive on an island full of meat eat, fast running, good swimming dinosaurs i just dont get it i would say nobody would make it for 2 min. i would i am the biggest dinosaur fan in the world. the movie was great. the new dino spinisaurus was good. i would say it needed more dinosaurs more killing and the ending needs to be good and it can end in a fight. o yeah why do the people have to survive on an island full of meat eat, fast running, good swimming dinosaurs i just dont get it i would say nobody would make it for 2 min. i would though. ok the movie was good but not as good as the first 2 just know that. whatch it and rate it. the fourth one is coming out cant want to see that and it has my favorite actor in it i think it is going tobe good. do you i do. the effects in the movie were good the dinosaurs needed to be bigger and some of the actors were very good. Expand
  34. Tatiana
    Dec 17, 2001
    I think out of all three of the movies this one was the best!!! As soon as the DVD came out I got it. Though it could have been longer.
  35. Oct 20, 2010
    it wasn't as good as the first movie, but it beats the second movie in just one shot and its an entertaining sequel in the series after the visuals were the great saving grace.

rating: 8/10
  36. Feb 20, 2011
    While it's not as good as the first movie it's still a blast to watch and brings back memories of the first one, I was really happy that they brought back Dr. Grant, if you like the first movie you may be a little disappointed with this one, but it's still an enjoyable movie.
  37. Jul 18, 2013
    It has thrills, sure, but it just does not have the same feel of fear and style as the first two films did. This film also touches on cliche stuff and a corny plot ending. I hope Jurassic Park 4 does better than this one, even though this film isn't terrible.
  38. Oct 5, 2014
    I see why many fans hate it. But I love it better then 2. Great CG I,Good (not great) characters, amazing action, cooler looking dinosaurs, and not a waist of time. Its 1 hour long. It even gave birth to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. Love that they want more of a jungle setup. Finally Flying Dino's attacking people (BEST PART IN MOVIE). Even good music. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonnaI see why many fans hate it. But I love it better then 2. Great CG I,Good (not great) characters, amazing action, cooler looking dinosaurs, and not a waist of time. Its 1 hour long. It even gave birth to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. Love that they want more of a jungle setup. Finally Flying Dino's attacking people (BEST PART IN MOVIE). Even good music. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. This is a strong movie in the great franchise Expand
  39. Mar 13, 2015
    The plot is silly in places and the premise is predictable but the movie isn't without it's thrills. It isn't at the level of the first one but it surpassed the second since it is a lot more fun and a lot less of a drag. If you can get passed the occasional silliness and accept that it isn't anything original while simultaneously enjoying the nonstop action, the movie offers a lot to enjoy.

The story's tired, as are the main characters.
  2. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    The ending is so absurd, in fact, that it feels like it was improvised by a committee of 6-year-olds. If the raptors truly were intelligent, they'd have eaten the final reel.
  3. When a cell-phone gag is the most exciting or inventive thing in a big summer dinosaur movie, you have to wonder if the species might not be ready for extinction.