8.6

1. Feb 21, 2012
    As a wide-eyed 13 yr old boy gripping the theater armrests with white knuckles, I remember this film rewiring my brain as I watched it. I walked out a changed person, never to view movies the same way again. The good ones... the truly special ones... aren't just something to watch. They transport you to another world. They take you away and cleanse you of the drudgery of reality. They nestle into your memory and never leave. Jurassic Park was the first film to affect me in this way and I'll never forget that feeling. Much obliged, Mr. Spielberg! Expand
  2. May 26, 2011
    One of the best movies ever made, and a movie that has a special place in my heart. Honestly, I believe this movie should've won best picture at the Oscars, not Schindler's List.
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    A definite thrill ride and an experience of a lifetime. This movie might not have gotten all of the praise that Jaws got but it was this movie, alongside with the original Star Wars movies, that really created a whole new world for CGI characters and helped define the skill that a movie crew can possess. My favorite movie of all time and the one movie that will never get old.
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    Everytime I hear low rumbling of thunder off in the distance....I think of a t-rex outside my house because of this movie.
  5. Sep 2, 2012
    A classic in itself. No movie made of dinosaurs has been more mesmerizing and dazzling. The score is sensational. It is one of those movies that transcends not only its genre but for all movies.
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    With a great cast, wonderful story, and unforgettably stunning soundtrack, "Jurassic Park" does not disappoint. Truly brilliant filmmaking here.
  7. Jun 18, 2013
    most inspirational and exciting movie in my childhood.One of the most iconic movies of all time.A flawless masterpiece of a very rare kind.The real life looking dinosaurs are the greatest triumph for Spielberg in his long impressive filming career.One of the most memorable movies of all time.
  8. Aug 17, 2013
    Jurassic Park is an epic adventure fantasy film. It has everything that the audience wants action, suspense,some humor and a little violence as there are dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are really amazing as the technology was not that developed when Jurassic Park came out. The actors are really good, especially the two kids and it has a lot of suspense. I thought it wouldn't have so much blood and violence as I thought it was a PG movie, but I don't have these kind of problems. Jurassic park is epic and haters gonna hate. I was hesitating at first because I don't like dinosaurs and stuff but Jurassic Park amazed me and it is a classic one. A must-watch. Best film with dinosaurs for sure! Expand
  9. Aug 21, 2010
    I used to watch this at the age of 3. Since then it has been my favourite movie always keeping me entertained. One of the best movies of all time in my own opinion. Definately one of Spielberg's best.
  10. Oct 20, 2010
    Dinosaurs are the coolest prehestoric animals in the whole world. thats why Steven Spielberg decided to make a science fiction movie about Dinosaurs and it kicked a**!
  11. Nov 27, 2010
    This movie is awesome. I first saw Jurassic Park as a little kid and loved it. I've probably seen it fifty times. I just finished watching it again on television and it is just as good as I remembered. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite films
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    This is a movie that offers something new and exciting, this was one of my favorite movies growing up, and the best in the series, if your a Dinosaur fanatic like myself you'll love this movie.
  13. Sep 10, 2012
    The games provides you with an amazing universe, if you love Jurassic Park you totally gonna enjoy the game. But certain parts like the technical problems and the fruststing quick time events may prevent you sometimes from having fun. However for that price its totally worth your effort in going out to buy this. Do it.
  14. Oct 3, 2011
    For anyone who was fascinated by dinosaurs as a kid, Jurassic Park is a godsend. It's fun, engaging and a well-told story. Spielberg does sentimental family films like no other, and Michael Crichton's ideas from the book the film is based on add a little extra intrigue to the story. Most of the cast are serviceable rather than outstanding, and the characters aren't the most interesting or original ever committed to film, though Laura Dern still impresses. The real stars of the show (as they should be) are the dinosaurs, proof that a combination of CGI and animatronics result in effects that age the least noticeably over time (the film is nearly 20 years old and the special effects are only just starting to look out of date). The set pieces are also fantastic, particularly the T-Rex reveal and the now infamous Velociraptor kitchen scene. Jurassic Park benefits in a real way from the dream-team combination of Spielberg's expert direction, Stan Winston's creature effects and John Williams' masterful score (easily among the finest he has ever composed), consequently the film is finely crafted and truly memorable. Scored purely on its value as a film, Jurassic Park probably deserves an 8, but since it's the most important film of my childhood, I'm prepared to bump it up to a 9. Expand
  15. j30
    Nov 27, 2011
    This movie inspired and awed me as a child. It's what dreams are made of. The incredible special effects and puppetry still hold up today. Great movie in my eyes.
  16. Jul 31, 2011
    this is a boss like movie cuz it diosours and panads!
  17. Nov 5, 2011
    A simply great movie, delivers all the thrills, laughs, and all in 2 hours. It gave CGI to the world, along with an unforgettable movie of Isle Nublar's tragedy. This is a must-have for anyone who is a fan of thrillers.
  18. Apr 11, 2013
    Utterly beautiful, awe-inspiring, flawless and ground-breaking film that will forever be one of my childhood favourite films, and it still is one of my favourite films. Amazing.
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the greatest movies of all time - Spielberg is a genuis. I love everything about this movie, location, acting, characters, dinosaurs - such a stunning movie.
  20. Dec 21, 2011
    I love this movie, one the greatest movies of all time, and a great adventure. It will never gets old. Steven Spielberg gives you a realistic picture of dinosours. It has very good music too. See it.
  21. Jan 22, 2012
    I first saw this back when I was little. If I remember correctly, it was also a big thing when it came out...I am always going to love this movie...It was one of the amazing film ever made in Hollywood by the great director Steven Spielberg who is the only director who thinks in a different way..Many who dislike Jurassic Park just all have same reason finding out little faults but anyone didn't show where the fault is properly..and also love the background music..it was truly Awesome...
    Jurassic Park â
  22. Jan 7, 2012
    Brilliant action-packed film by Spielberg. CGI, dramatic scenes, and blood-thirsty animals make it thrilling, and worth watching. Unforgettable score and hair raising effects will give you a scare you'll never forget.
  23. Jul 13, 2012
    This is one of my favorite films of all time. It knows how to be scary, funny and fascinating, sometimes all in the same scene. The dinosaurs also look great, especially for the time period that it was made in.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Classic movie. It's the undisputed all-time best Dinosaur movie to come out, and likely to be the best one to ever come out. It has an exciting plot, great performances, and action to support it. The effects were amazing; ahead of its time. The Dinosaurs looked incredibly, and terrifyingly realistic.
  25. Jan 20, 2013
    Classic. The movie of my childhood. As then, now produces incredible impression. Now I'll know what to do, if I meet a tyrannosaur. Thanks to Dr. Grant :D
  26. Apr 21, 2013
    Very exciting and mostly advanced film. When I saw it in 3D, I thought the 3D made the movie even better. The chase scenes are really exciting, and you get a sense of thrill when you watch it. If you don't see it, you have never seen real movies.
  27. May 29, 2013
    Jurassic Park is groundbreaking, engrossing, imaginative, and just amazing. I would watch it over and over again if I had the chance. There are 214 reviews of this movie, and 199 of them are positive, and if you watch the film, you'll see why. If you were ever interested in dinosaurs when you were little, you'll love this film, its like a dream come true for you. But for me, I never liked dinosaurs but I loved "Jurassic Park." Its a classic! Expand
  28. Jun 30, 2013
    One of Steven Spielberg's finest. I adore this movie and I love watching it again and again. Sam Neill will always be known as Alan Grant for the rest of his life. It is extremely remarkable how CGI from 20 years ago can still hold up today and is better than most special effects used in films today. Throughout, I felt like I was on Isla Nublar, being hunted down by a group of genetically created monsters. And the soundtrack just gives me goosebumps. An all-time great and a must-watch! Expand
  29. Jul 18, 2013
    Jurassic Park packs in thrill, suspense, amazing visuals, great music and sensational acting all under the direct assurance of Steven Spielberg. This film triumphs in every major category. It is one of the greatest films of all time. A sensational classical monument of film history. Spielberg triumphs again!
  30. May 25, 2014
    Alright i'm sure almost everyone has seen this movie by now and if not GET TO IT!

I Love this movie such an awesome film, Everyone at one point loved dinosaurs in their lives and don't lie to yourself if you didn't =D. Yeah i was like 2 when this movie came out back in 1993 so when i heard about the 3D Re-Release i wasn't so mad as i have been with some of the other 3D Re-Releases that
    have come out the past couple years the film looks great in the post 3D conversion.

Richard Attenborough Plays a multi millionaire named John Hammond that is about to open a theme park with cloned dinosaurs. They basically do a test run with a small group of people to see how the park operates. Soon the fun ends as the dinosaurs break free of their caged areas and the cast is left fighting to survive. Once things start to get going in the movie turns from a peaceful joyful ride to a thrilling heart pounding ride with loads of awesome scenes with a T-Rex, Triceratops, Velociraptors, etc it was just a blast going through the film on the big screen definitely worth that money

And what can i say i just love Jeff Goldblum he is such a ladies man in this film even though he is a mathematician who specializes in chaos theory the guy even survives an attack by a T-Rex i think that qualify's him as PURE BADASS

Overall i give this movie a 8.5 Such a Classic that i can never get tired of watching
  31. Mar 15, 2014
    This is one of my all time favorite movies I'm putting it that way this movie is an experience I grew up watching this movie and I never really appreciated it for what it was now I watch and am astounded at how great it is I watch this on surround sound and am just amazed at how immersive it is I love this movie and if you haven't seen it you will to.
  32. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Jurassic Park was my favourite film for over 15 months, because I found it so brilliant and possibly the most ingenious Steven Spielberg film he directed.
  33. Jul 19, 2014
    Um otimo filme, toda o que um bom filme tem que ter, efeitos especias lindos(para a epoca), um dos melhores filmes que ja vi na vida. Steven Spirberg sabe fazer bons filmes, a ambientac√£o e espetacular, os atores, a dublagem e tudo lindo, o enredo e incrivel, enfim esse filme e prefeito do 10

1. All the imagination and effort (including 18 months of pre-production) that went into making the dinosaurs state-of-the-art exciting apparently left no time to make the people similarly believable or involving. In fact, when the big guys leave the screen, you'll be tempted to leave the theater with them. [11 June 1993, Calendar, p.F-1]
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    For dinosaurs to rule the earth again, the monsters needed majesty as well as menace. And Spielberg got it all right. [14 June 1993, p.69]
  3. The results make poor old King Kong look like something from a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Such is progress. [12 July 1993, p.26]