8.6

1. Feb 21, 2012
    As a wide-eyed 13 yr old boy gripping the theater armrests with white knuckles, I remember this film rewiring my brain as I watched it. I walked out a changed person, never to view movies the same way again. The good ones... the truly special ones... aren't just something to watch. They transport you to another world. They take you away and cleanse you of the drudgery of reality. They nestle into your memory and never leave. Jurassic Park was the first film to affect me in this way and I'll never forget that feeling. Much obliged, Mr. Spielberg! Expand
  2. May 26, 2011
    One of the best movies ever made, and a movie that has a special place in my heart. Honestly, I believe this movie should've won best picture at the Oscars, not Schindler's List.
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    A definite thrill ride and an experience of a lifetime. This movie might not have gotten all of the praise that Jaws got but it was this movie, alongside with the original Star Wars movies, that really created a whole new world for CGI characters and helped define the skill that a movie crew can possess. My favorite movie of all time and the one movie that will never get old.
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    Everytime I hear low rumbling of thunder off in the distance....I think of a t-rex outside my house because of this movie.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    Jurassic Park holds up surprisingly well to this day. It may not be the deepest or best written movie ever made, but it's one of the most thrilling. Spielberg is a master of creating tension and incredible set-pieces. Most of the visual effects are still adequate, which is incredible for a movie made in 1993. If a visual effects film holds up like that after 20 years there's a good chance it may never be completely antiquated. The script can be somewhat clunky at times however. It's not a bad script, just somewhat lacking when compared to something like The Truman Show or Inception. It's still more than functional for a monster movie, and the main characters are thankfully likeable if somewhat needing of more complex characterization. It's not perfect, but it's an extremely memorable and sometimes exhilarating action film that has deservedly gone down as a benchmark in movie history. Expand
  6. Sep 2, 2012
    A classic in itself. No movie made of dinosaurs has been more mesmerizing and dazzling. The score is sensational. It is one of those movies that transcends not only its genre but for all movies.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    With a great cast, wonderful story, and unforgettably stunning soundtrack, "Jurassic Park" does not disappoint. Truly brilliant filmmaking here.
  8. Jun 18, 2013
    most inspirational and exciting movie in my childhood.One of the most iconic movies of all time.A flawless masterpiece of a very rare kind.The real life looking dinosaurs are the greatest triumph for Spielberg in his long impressive filming career.One of the most memorable movies of all time.
  9. Aug 17, 2013
    Jurassic Park is an epic adventure fantasy film. It has everything that the audience wants action, suspense,some humor and a little violence as there are dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are really amazing as the technology was not that developed when Jurassic Park came out. The actors are really good, especially the two kids and it has a lot of suspense. I thought it wouldn't have so much blood and violence as I thought it was a PG movie, but I don't have these kind of problems. Jurassic park is epic and haters gonna hate. I was hesitating at first because I don't like dinosaurs and stuff but Jurassic Park amazed me and it is a classic one. A must-watch. Best film with dinosaurs for sure! Collapse
  10. Aug 21, 2010
    I used to watch this at the age of 3. Since then it has been my favourite movie always keeping me entertained. One of the best movies of all time in my own opinion. Definately one of Spielberg's best.
  11. Oct 20, 2010
    Dinosaurs are the coolest prehestoric animals in the whole world. thats why Steven Spielberg decided to make a science fiction movie about Dinosaurs and it kicked a**!
  12. Nov 27, 2010
    This movie is awesome. I first saw Jurassic Park as a little kid and loved it. I've probably seen it fifty times. I just finished watching it again on television and it is just as good as I remembered. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite films
  13. Feb 20, 2011
    This is a movie that offers something new and exciting, this was one of my favorite movies growing up, and the best in the series, if your a Dinosaur fanatic like myself you'll love this movie.
  14. May 28, 2011
    This movie is one of my favorites, I've watched this movie so many times since I was five years. This movie is a classic that more acclaimed standing right next to so many other Spielberg masterpieces.
  15. Sep 10, 2012
    The games provides you with an amazing universe, if you love Jurassic Park you totally gonna enjoy the game. But certain parts like the technical problems and the fruststing quick time events may prevent you sometimes from having fun. However for that price its totally worth your effort in going out to buy this. Do it.
  16. Oct 3, 2011
    For anyone who was fascinated by dinosaurs as a kid, Jurassic Park is a godsend. It's fun, engaging and a well-told story. Spielberg does sentimental family films like no other, and Michael Crichton's ideas from the book the film is based on add a little extra intrigue to the story. Most of the cast are serviceable rather than outstanding, and the characters aren't the most interesting or original ever committed to film, though Laura Dern still impresses. The real stars of the show (as they should be) are the dinosaurs, proof that a combination of CGI and animatronics result in effects that age the least noticeably over time (the film is nearly 20 years old and the special effects are only just starting to look out of date). The set pieces are also fantastic, particularly the T-Rex reveal and the now infamous Velociraptor kitchen scene. Jurassic Park benefits in a real way from the dream-team combination of Spielberg's expert direction, Stan Winston's creature effects and John Williams' masterful score (easily among the finest he has ever composed), consequently the film is finely crafted and truly memorable. Scored purely on its value as a film, Jurassic Park probably deserves an 8, but since it's the most important film of my childhood, I'm prepared to bump it up to a 9. Expand
  17. j30
    Nov 27, 2011
    This movie inspired and awed me as a child. It's what dreams are made of. The incredible special effects and puppetry still hold up today. Great movie in my eyes.
  18. Jul 31, 2011
    this is a boss like movie cuz it diosours and panads!
  19. Sep 20, 2011
    The main problem I had with jurassic park is that it doesn't live up to the incredibly high calibre of the cast and crew. Actors like sam neill and samuel l jackson are stuck in a simplistic action film with not much going for it. Don't get me wrong, steven spielberg brings his directing flair elevating this above your average monster film but the sub par script doesn't allow for character development with wayne knights character being a laughably stupid character. For that matter its nice to see that spielberg sticks to the convention that all characters in a monster movie are remarkably dumb. Overall the movie can provide long moments of tension and some great set pieces but not much else. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2011
    A simply great movie, delivers all the thrills, laughs, and all in 2 hours. It gave CGI to the world, along with an unforgettable movie of Isle Nublar's tragedy. This is a must-have for anyone who is a fan of thrillers.
  21. Apr 11, 2013
    Utterly beautiful, awe-inspiring, flawless and ground-breaking film that will forever be one of my childhood favourite films, and it still is one of my favourite films. Amazing.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the greatest movies of all time - Spielberg is a genuis. I love everything about this movie, location, acting, characters, dinosaurs - such a stunning movie.
  23. Feb 2, 2013
    In a generation where Jurassic Park was the pinnacle of CGI, its hard not to admire this thrilling and suspenseful adventure, but there are stumbling blocks which stopped this film from reaching its full potential.
    When a wealthy visionary (Richard Attenborough) needs expert approval before he can open is state of the art biological theme park, he turns to palaeontologist Alan Grant (Sam
    Neill) and paleobotonist Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) for approval, due to the fact that there are living, breathing dinosaurs on the park, cloned from DNA of the creatures millions of years before.
    What ensues is greed, corruption, and the goal of wanting to be remembered as revolutionising how humans and dinosaurs can co-exist.
    When a power cut drops all security defences on the enclosures, its a fight for life against beautifully rendered prehistoric creatures.
    The build and tension is here, but its when the dinosaurs actually make an appearance that the movie start to become a little bland and it almost seems rushed, even though this is 120min plus film.
    Spielberg has created mastery in telling an excellent story, but the chemistry between the characters feels to forced and unnecessary, and it seemed premature to put Jeff Goldblum's eccentric character out of use so early with a bad leg.
    Saying that, the performances of Neill and Dern are strong, but the device of using shock and awe/wait for amazement does tend to overpower these performances.
    Its excellent for its generation, certainly better than the second instalment, but could have reached heights had it not been for a more concerning promotion of the technology at work here, a milestone of its own behalf, but could easily have been better.
  24. Apr 19, 2012
    Jurassic Park is surprisingly good, and I say "surprisingly," because I didn't know how much more I really wanted to watch after the first hour. Roughly the first 60 minutes is contaminated with utter boredom. In fact, most of this first hour wasn't even necessary. If I could crop out the 5-10 minutes of the first hour that were important, I imagine that the audience would still understand what was happening. Maybe it was just my inner-boy speaking, but I wanted to see some dinosaurs for cryin' out loud! But I digress. (To the film's credit, though, we do see some dinos before they begin their reign of terror, but most are in the background, one we only get a glimpse of his claw and eye. Only one dino is fully exposed, and it doesn't really do anything. And before the dinos start attacking, we see two more; a baby, as well as a sick triceratops). After you get past the first hour, the film quickly picks up. I won't say how many, but people do die (and we see two dismembered body parts before the film is over). To be honest, I've never seen a film that would truly qualify as "scary," but this certainly "freaked me out." I always thought dinos were terrifying creatures, but now that fear has been greatly multiplied. In addition to an excellent job on making the dinos appear so suddenly (you'll probably be startled by an un-expected reptile at least once), the dinos look incredibly real, despite the fact that this film is nearly 20 years old. The characters in the film weren't quite one-dimensional, but they weren't very fleshed out either. The plot was slightly outrageous, but if you can force yourself to believe it, the film is much more enjoyable. The score by legendary composer, John Williams, was something of a disappointment. This is by far the worst I've heard from him, though it's not that bad. It's serviceable, and sometimes, that's all one can ask for. Though there are times when the music is a little irritating and repetitive. The film is lots of fun, and it's truly scary. There are some comedy elements, but it's mostly for the fright and joy of seeing people chased by dinos. So, if that's what you came for, you won't be disappointed. That is, if you can get past that first hour. Expand
  25. Dec 21, 2011
    I love this movie, one the greatest movies of all time, and a great adventure. It will never gets old. Steven Spielberg gives you a realistic picture of dinosours. It has very good music too. See it.
  26. Jan 22, 2012
    I first saw this back when I was little. If I remember correctly, it was also a big thing when it came out...I am always going to love this movie...It was one of the amazing film ever made in Hollywood by the great director Steven Spielberg who is the only director who thinks in a different way..Many who dislike Jurassic Park just all have same reason finding out little faults but anyone didn't show where the fault is properly..and also love the background music..it was truly Awesome...
    Jurassic Park â
  27. Jan 7, 2012
    Brilliant action-packed film by Spielberg. CGI, dramatic scenes, and blood-thirsty animals make it thrilling, and worth watching. Unforgettable score and hair raising effects will give you a scare you'll never forget.
  28. Jan 20, 2014
    Jurassic Park is one of those films that you must have seen when first released (in theaters and home video) in order to really enjoy it. I just watched it for the first time and I just didn't care for it. It's took far to long to get the least bit interesting and even then it never really picks up.
  29. Sep 1, 2014
    Jurassic Park is Steven Spielberg's big-screen vision of Michael Crichton's famed novel about dinosaurs in the modern world. Stunning visuals and a killer plot, it's a classic and a classic of our time.
  30. Jun 11, 2013
    I wish the movie lived up to its classic score, but it doesn't. However, it is a groundbreaking picture that is filled with adventure and action. Entertaining and at times, epic.
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    It's got intensity, excitement, great visuals and humor - almost everything you expect from a Spielberg movie. The movie also has some great, effective, suspenseful scenes that you make you be on the edge-of-your-seat.
  32. Jul 13, 2012
    This is one of my favorite films of all time. It knows how to be scary, funny and fascinating, sometimes all in the same scene. The dinosaurs also look great, especially for the time period that it was made in.
  33. Aug 31, 2014
    This one is certainly a ton of fun. The special effects are killer (lul) and the excitement they help to build is truly why Jurassic Park has gone down as a classic. Now, a lot of that is also likely thanks to 90s nostalgia and kids overhyping the movies they saw when they were 10, but all the same, Jurassic Park's special effects are a sight to behold. The terror and thrills are also ever present and really add an extra level of excitement to this one as you watch these huge beasts attack these people with childlike wonder. However, once you get snapped out of that childlike wonder, there are some issues, namely the acting. Laura Dern sucks here. The kids are not stellar. Then Richard Attenborough (RIP) is nothing more than alright. Luckily, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, and Wayne Knight, are all fine, which is a plus. However, the acting of Dern is the true cause of much of my distress, as she was just straight up bad. There are also some cheesy scenes that really detract from the overall product. However, as a whole, Jurassic Park is very exciting and the special effects are just too impressive to look away even when the acting sucks. Expand
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    Classic movie. It's the undisputed all-time best Dinosaur movie to come out, and likely to be the best one to ever come out. It has an exciting plot, great performances, and action to support it. The effects were amazing; ahead of its time. The Dinosaurs looked incredibly, and terrifyingly realistic.
  35. Dec 9, 2012
    "Jurassic Park" is a wonderfully imagined film. It owes its greatness to digital wizardry, beautiful panoramas, and Michael Crichton's captivating novel.
  36. Jan 22, 2013
    For its time the effects are spectacular. Soon will draw the remastered in 3D and it will be great.
  37. Dec 27, 2012
    Props to Steven Spielberg for creating a great movie! It is not the best movie ever made, or one of them, but it is still a treat to watch! The visual effects are top-notch and I enjoyed the action. A little slow during the first 10 minutes, but it does pick up. Diagnosis: See it!
  38. Mar 20, 2014
    ( ALL ENTERTAINMENT)
    Here's the thing about the first Jurassic Park film. It's a very slow pace movie. Once the movie gets going then it's good. But for awhile it drags. The effects are extremely well done. The storyline is amazing. Everything was on key including the cinematography. I have to give it a score of 4 out of 10 though because the beginning is extremely slow. But other than
    that, it was amazing.

By: Bailey (A Film Critic/Entertainment journal writer)
  39. Jan 20, 2013
    Classic. The movie of my childhood. As then, now produces incredible impression. Now I'll know what to do, if I meet a tyrannosaur. Thanks to Dr. Grant :D
  40. Apr 21, 2013
    Very exciting and mostly advanced film. When I saw it in 3D, I thought the 3D made the movie even better. The chase scenes are really exciting, and you get a sense of thrill when you watch it. If you don't see it, you have never seen real movies.
  41. Apr 23, 2013
    You can read my review/retrospective of the recent 3D re-release of "Jurassic Park" here http://geektasticfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/jurassic-park-3d.html
  42. May 29, 2013
    Jurassic Park is groundbreaking, engrossing, imaginative, and just amazing. I would watch it over and over again if I had the chance. There are 214 reviews of this movie, and 199 of them are positive, and if you watch the film, you'll see why. If you were ever interested in dinosaurs when you were little, you'll love this film, its like a dream come true for you. But for me, I never liked dinosaurs but I loved "Jurassic Park." Its a classic! Expand
  43. Jun 30, 2013
    One of Steven Spielberg's finest. I adore this movie and I love watching it again and again. Sam Neill will always be known as Alan Grant for the rest of his life. It is extremely remarkable how CGI from 20 years ago can still hold up today and is better than most special effects used in films today. Throughout, I felt like I was on Isla Nublar, being hunted down by a group of genetically created monsters. And the soundtrack just gives me goosebumps. An all-time great and a must-watch! Expand
  44. Jul 18, 2013
    Jurassic Park packs in thrill, suspense, amazing visuals, great music and sensational acting all under the direct assurance of Steven Spielberg. This film triumphs in every major category. It is one of the greatest films of all time. A sensational classical monument of film history. Spielberg triumphs again!
  45. May 25, 2014
    Alright i'm sure almost everyone has seen this movie by now and if not GET TO IT!

I Love this movie such an awesome film, Everyone at one point loved dinosaurs in their lives and don't lie to yourself if you didn't =D. Yeah i was like 2 when this movie came out back in 1993 so when i heard about the 3D Re-Release i wasn't so mad as i have been with some of the other 3D Re-Releases that
    have come out the past couple years the film looks great in the post 3D conversion.

Richard Attenborough Plays a multi millionaire named John Hammond that is about to open a theme park with cloned dinosaurs. They basically do a test run with a small group of people to see how the park operates. Soon the fun ends as the dinosaurs break free of their caged areas and the cast is left fighting to survive. Once things start to get going in the movie turns from a peaceful joyful ride to a thrilling heart pounding ride with loads of awesome scenes with a T-Rex, Triceratops, Velociraptors, etc it was just a blast going through the film on the big screen definitely worth that money

And what can i say i just love Jeff Goldblum he is such a ladies man in this film even though he is a mathematician who specializes in chaos theory the guy even survives an attack by a T-Rex i think that qualify's him as PURE BADASS

Overall i give this movie a 8.5 Such a Classic that i can never get tired of watching
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    A true techno-thriller of dazzling special effects, vividly detailed plot elements, and a social allegory of how human greed need not be tempted by the prospects of science. 'Jurassic Park' is groundbreaking in CGI and proves Michael Crichton can turn even the most convoluted ideas into believable achievements. Though not as deep as the novel, it fairs well enough to be called faithful.
  47. Sep 16, 2013
    A great dinosaur movie to keep the kids up all night, it has a little something for the older ones; a story. Unlike some other monster movie, this one actually goes into some character development and has some great special effects for the year it came out.
  48. Mar 5, 2014
    This great, very nice and the composition is almost epic John Williams. But time was boring and there was more action adventure, a detail that does not fit in this movie. I actually like the music more than the plot. This is what I think of this work.
  49. Mar 15, 2014
    This is one of my all time favorite movies I'm putting it that way this movie is an experience I grew up watching this movie and I never really appreciated it for what it was now I watch and am astounded at how great it is I watch this on surround sound and am just amazed at how immersive it is I love this movie and if you haven't seen it you will to.
  50. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Jurassic Park was my favourite film for over 15 months, because I found it so brilliant and possibly the most ingenious Steven Spielberg film he directed.
  51. Sep 7, 2014
    Yay!!!!!!! My 100th review is here!!!!!! Today, I'm going to do a short review of Steven Spielberg's classic that is simply known as: "Jurassic Park".

Well, this classic has impressive special effects even for today's standards, a script that sometimes falls into typical clichés of modern blockbusters, a well-rounded cast and a soundtrack that won't go over my head that easily. I plan
    to see its sequels but I will give it a rest just to analyse my next movie: Daredevil. Expand
  52. Jul 19, 2014
    Um otimo filme, toda o que um bom filme tem que ter, efeitos especias lindos(para a epoca), um dos melhores filmes que ja vi na vida. Steven Spirberg sabe fazer bons filmes, a ambientac√£o e espetacular, os atores, a dublagem e tudo lindo, o enredo e incrivel, enfim esse filme e prefeito do 10
  53. Oct 4, 2014
    It's one of the best movies of the history, without this movie, we wouldn't seen movies like avatar, the avengers, this movie was the mom of all those movies.
    It's a movie that have an awesome story, special effects, never seen before to that moment, if you like dinosaur your gonna love this movie.
    With this movie, Steven Spielberg, make the dinosaurs, ruled the earth again.
  54. Oct 21, 2014
    My job drop when I first saw this movie in 1993, at the tender age of 4. In 2014, at the edge of 25 my jaw continues to drop every time I pop this masterpiece into my blu ray player. If anything, the years have helped this masterpiece remind us what a truly excellent blockbuster movie is about!
  55. Oct 12, 2014
    Jurassic Park is still one of the best disasters films ever made. The effects are so amazing it really is hard to believe this came in 1993. Oh and Jeff Goldblum is in it so it must be a good movie.
  56. Oct 16, 2014
    Jurassic Park transports you to a whole new world with groundbreaking special effects that still hold up today, i watched this movie when i was young and loved it and still love it, the characters are interesting and funny, especially Jeff Goldblum which people go too hard nowadays, the heart of the movie comes from Richard Attenborough's performance, the action is great but never goes on for too long, Jurassic Park is a great movie for all ages that stands as one of the greatest movies ever made, i'll definitively give this a 10. Expand
  57. Oct 17, 2014
    Featuring incredible special effects and action-packed drama, Jurassic Park takes you to a remote island where an amazing theme park with living dinosaurs is about to turn deadly, as five people must battle to survive among the prehistoric predators.

1. All the imagination and effort (including 18 months of pre-production) that went into making the dinosaurs state-of-the-art exciting apparently left no time to make the people similarly believable or involving. In fact, when the big guys leave the screen, you'll be tempted to leave the theater with them. [11 June 1993, Calendar, p.F-1]
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    For dinosaurs to rule the earth again, the monsters needed majesty as well as menace. And Spielberg got it all right. [14 June 1993, p.69]
  3. The results make poor old King Kong look like something from a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Such is progress. [12 July 1993, p.26]