Warner Bros. | Release Date: November 17, 2017
Generally favorable reviews based on 1920 Ratings
1,171
Watch Now
MattyiceNov 17, 2017
Justice League has problems with its thin plot, inconsistent tone, cheesy dialogue, and mediocre CGI, but it works overall as a fun romp. It's characters, both new and old, are very likable, the humor is pretty good when present, and theJustice League has problems with its thin plot, inconsistent tone, cheesy dialogue, and mediocre CGI, but it works overall as a fun romp. It's characters, both new and old, are very likable, the humor is pretty good when present, and the action is fun. It's a perfectly serviceable movie, better than most of DC's recent efforts, but it still has a long ways to go. Expand
JitatmanNov 17, 2017
Finally.. After so many efforts.. DC was able to collect more than 3 Superheroes in a movie. But did it create the magic Marvel’s Avengers was able to.? You’ll find out very soon.. here only.. :P

So, Justice League.. Hmmm.. Why DC.? WHY.?

So, Justice League.. Hmmm.. Why DC.? WHY.? One good movie, all the critics around the world was Happy after you gave us Wonder Woman.. And next WHY Snyder.? After watching his (this) 3rd debacle, I say “HE SHOULD RETIRE FROM DIRECTION.” Disappointed Direction as usual.. :D

->>> Things I liked:-

~ 2-3 Superb sequences with Flash.. As you all know, “SUPERMAN LIVES” Yippyyy.. :3 And Yes, I mentioned Superman.. In Flash’s column.!! Watch the surprise in theater ;)

~ Villain was Powerful. I thought without Superman, others don’t stand a chance defeating him.. And what is Justice League w/o Superman.? Pfffff.. :D

~ And WONDER WOMAN :* :3

->>> Disappointed Things (there is global audience for Things I didn’t like so):-

~ Aqua-man was Okay Man.. :D He didn’t do anything with “Aqua” as his name suggests, rather than swimming in ocean for trailer purposes.. :D

~ Cyborg had some more scenes than Aquaman.. Just more scenes.. Nothing exciting there..

~ Flash has sequences BUT other than that, his comic timing was FLAT. I did’t chuckle ‘much’ at his jokes. TV’s Flash Grant Gustin is Way Much Better..

~ Batman’s butler Alfred, Superman’s Girl Miss Lane, His Mom Martha, Commissioner Gordon, Cyborg’s Dad, Amber Heard :D all of them had minor screen time..

~ I was surprised to see Batman & WW also didn’t have much exciting screen presence.. You know, when you see a Superhero, it should Feel like Superhero.. Or at least a human being with their respective flaws.. But DC has this Special Ability to Overdramatize scenes.. Well done..

Hufffff.. At last, want to say, Enjoyed fight sequences, Flash’s sequences & Wonder Woman ;) :3 :*

Rating is.. No drum rolls this time.. Better if you’re drunk..

Peace V
tropicAcesNov 17, 2017
I defended BATMAN V SUPERMAN. I’m a DC fanboy. But this film just isn’t good. Despite costing $300 million it’s hideous to look at. Despite Joss Whedon and Oscar-winner Chris Terrio behind the script the plot is practically incoherent. AndI defended BATMAN V SUPERMAN. I’m a DC fanboy. But this film just isn’t good. Despite costing $300 million it’s hideous to look at. Despite Joss Whedon and Oscar-winner Chris Terrio behind the script the plot is practically incoherent. And because WB forced a 120 minute runtime, Snyder’s ambitious hands were tied. It’s a letdown of massive proportions. Expand
EpicLadySpongeNov 17, 2017
What Justice League tries to bring to the theatrical screen failed to execute all according to plan on its own. This is another example of how DC movies nowadays attempt to struggle a lot compared to Marvel movies nowadays. I hate to say itWhat Justice League tries to bring to the theatrical screen failed to execute all according to plan on its own. This is another example of how DC movies nowadays attempt to struggle a lot compared to Marvel movies nowadays. I hate to say it but the Justice League isn't a league without justice and a film that lacks such a thing in a movie named Justice League is humiliating at its own heart. I was expecting this movie to go over the hype just as expected from the Avengers but plot holes and inconsistencies makes this Justice League take very forgettable for a moviegoer to be the most. Expand
Megajohn85Nov 17, 2017
The Justice League’s enemy wasn’t Steppenwolf but lackluster writing, haphazard directing and an incoherent narrative. Not even Wonder Woman could lasso this disaster out of harm’s way
19 of 51 users found this helpful1932
eagleeyevikingJul 5, 2018
"Justice League" is disappointingly average. While the aesthetics are sometimes admirable, and the humour works at times, the film still feels tonally jarring, inconsequential, and boring.
TimW001Nov 20, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall this movie is not good. But the individual scenes and characters work. The problem's of this film are in the direction and structure. Many scenes jump without warning, the plot ticks along with Macguffin's, and most of it feels extremely rushed. At one point the team needs to ensure that Steppenwolf does not get the third mother box, then suddenly he has it. And He doesn't even get it on screen. Good thing that happened or else the second half of the movie wouldn't have happened.
The villain was pretty plain. He had no interesting motivations and his weakness was being punched, very lucky for the Justice League because that's their greatest strength. I'm a massive DC fan, I've read all of the new 52, seen every episode of Justice League, JLU, and Batman Animated Series... And this was not a good movie. Some parts were good such as the action sequences, specifically when they were showing Steppenwolf's past (With a Green Lantern sighting), Superman being brought back to life, and the climax fight.
But overall probably don't waste your time and money.
FranzHcriticNov 19, 2017
I have to agree with the critics on this one. It's a lively film, and the Justice League actors bring some mawkish heroism and genuine comedic relief at times. But it's ultimately repetitive, and the villain was like cardboard. I don't hateI have to agree with the critics on this one. It's a lively film, and the Justice League actors bring some mawkish heroism and genuine comedic relief at times. But it's ultimately repetitive, and the villain was like cardboard. I don't hate it, but so-and-so is my final judgement on 'Justice League.' Expand
CinefabioNov 19, 2017
Justice League is enjoyable, but it could be better. In the end is a "Frankenstein Monster" who suffers of too many cuts and a schizophrenic style caused by too intensive reshoots.
dharmaDec 23, 2017
In an another world, this film would have been a solid 8 from me, and I am one of the biggest proponent of the DCEU. (I gave both Suicide Squad and BvS a solid 7). Why a '6' though? Simply because this movie is a 'Frankenstein'...if Whedon isIn an another world, this film would have been a solid 8 from me, and I am one of the biggest proponent of the DCEU. (I gave both Suicide Squad and BvS a solid 7). Why a '6' though? Simply because this movie is a 'Frankenstein'...if Whedon is simply being commanded to continue Snyder's work, then it would have been great. What they have done, from the look of it, is essentially making the film '3 times'. One: the original Snyder's cut, the second: a revised more comedic take, and finally, a rejiggered version by Whedon, dosed heavily with WB executives' interventions. It's still highly watchable, but be prepared to cringe a lot at some hokey and atrocious effects (i.e. Henry Cavill's 'disappearing' mustache), or a third act that seems to be cobbled together from a 'much better' film. It's too bad as the casts are perfect, the action sequences are stellar with high production values. If left alone, it would have been a great film. But alas, this is what we get. One of the biggest disappointment of the year. Expand
temptershellDec 4, 2017
A film full of contradictions and problematic montage. Not all characters that are harmonious and are equally charismatic. The worst production problem is the villain and the irrationality of the script.
Chaotic-EntropyDec 2, 2017
This seemed just so very bland and generic a film, with cookie cutter enemies thrown in around just more plodding franchise construction. Jump from character profile to character profile and maybe fit some actual plot and intrigue in there.This seemed just so very bland and generic a film, with cookie cutter enemies thrown in around just more plodding franchise construction. Jump from character profile to character profile and maybe fit some actual plot and intrigue in there. The antagonist and his cohorts are just throwaway fluff there to facilitate the construction of characters that can be spun in to more films later. It just screams the "we need to be where Marvel are right now but we don't have time to faff around with all the set up" that seems to define recent DC movies.

It feels like rather than having an interesting story to tell, that involves certain characters, they have characters they want to insert and just fill story in around the gaps. The script was terrible with such janky and awkward dialogue that I can only assume indicates either bad writing or a lot being left on the cutting room floor, maybe both. The CGI was off putting at best and Henry Cavill really didn't seem to want to be there.

Lastly there seems to be some vague attempt to insert bits of humour in to the film that are just really jarring. You have an irritating comic relief character that is overplayed, random cutaway segments to have jokes play out like sitting a Lasso of Truth and what I can only assume is an attempt at humour to segue away from difficult questions that don't want to spend time on "What was death like...? Itchy", thanks Henry, your Oscar is in the post.

I know there were huge difficulties in production, seemingly like all recent DC films with massive re-shoots and changes of direction, as well as tragic events or clashes for key people involved but that doesn't make it a good film or make me more disposed to like it. It's a very mediocre film from a production company and source material that has no real justification for being so.
MattBrady99Nov 30, 2017
"I tried"

"I tried"

To be fair, you did, but some things are not enough. Well here we are again folks. Just when 'Wonder Women' got things back on tracks for DC, now it takes a huge step back. With the many re shoots which somehow made the movie much worst. It's not a disaster like 'Suicide Squad', but with each failure of DC films makes 'Man of Steel' look pretty good by each flop.

Okay lets talk about the actual movie.

Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller were the two stand outs for me. All the scenes were pure gold and featured the most interesting action sequences in the film. While I didn't find any of his jokes or awkward personality that funny, I actually did like Ezra Miller as Flash. Jason Momoa as Aquaman was too awesome to handle. I'm looking forward to seeing both solo films in the late future.

Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck were pretty decent. Although, Affleck at times looked like he doesn't wants to be there. I don't know why Batman is cracking jokes all of the sudden. Almost like it's not the same character. Just leave the jokes to characters who aren't Batman to make fun of his seriousness or something. I don't know, maybe he's fed up with it all.

Oh and if the DCEU finally got something right, it's Superman. Bright colors on the suit and isn't a whiny hypocrite, like before.

Ray Fisher as Cyborg is sadly the weak link in the film. I didn't feel the character was used to his full potential. The actor or the writing isn't the blame here; editor is the blame, because I've heard he had a bigger role in the movie that got cut.

A lot of behind the scenes drama happened during the production of this movie and it shows. I'm fully aware of what happened with Zack Snyder daughter and why he had to leave the project before it was completed. And Joss Whedon stepping in to finish the final cut. I'm interested in seeing Snyder cut, to be honest. Because what we got still needs work on.

This is the least Snyder movie I've seen.

Here's the problem - This is the first time we've seen Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg on screen, which on it's own is crazy to think. I mean, this is Justice League. I repeat, JUSTICE LEAGUE. The dream team of the decade with DC mighty heroes coming together for the first time. How incredible is that? Remember how big "The Avengers" was and how it broke records. This and Star Wars should have been event movie of the year.

So what's the rush?

Even after seeing Justice League, I got nothing out of it. There was never that moment of excitement. No steaks, no emotion. Coming from a guy who isn't too familiar with comics, the film disappointed me. At least give some information or an introduction to the new members. You know, for me to care.

I'm sorry for bringing up Marvel and Avengers a lot, but it's hard not to. It's so obvious DC is trying so hard to catch up with Marvel, even the plot is similar.

Steppenwolf is a boring villain with by the books "I'm evil" motivations. What makes it worst is the terrible CGI on him and a faceless army he brings along for the heroes to fight. The visual effects itself looks awful and I still don't know who dose the effects for these movies.

The humor is so bad. Really force and trying too hard. The movie is edited to make room for audience to laugh. A shame it only slow the film down. You can tell everyone who worked on this were under pressure to make something for all audiences. The end result is a jumbled mess of a film with no real vision.

What's more sad is Danny Elfman's forgettable score. There's a scene involving Commissioner Gordon lighting up the Batman signal, and you see in his point of view of Batman himself looking down on him. At that moment you hear a familiar tune for a split second until it cuts off. At first I thought it was a re-use of Elfman's score. What I didn't know he did the freaking score.

Overall rating: Everything I said about 'MOS', I'll take back please.
TVJerryNov 21, 2017
DC Comics has tossed a bunch of superheroes on the screen to create a jumbled mess. Batman (Ben Affleck) is joined by Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Superman (Henry Cavill) and new faces like Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash to save the world (whatDC Comics has tossed a bunch of superheroes on the screen to create a jumbled mess. Batman (Ben Affleck) is joined by Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Superman (Henry Cavill) and new faces like Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash to save the world (what else?). Of course, the group has to be assembled, so that takes some time. Then, it's one long dull battle. After a while, watching the same people get slammed around becomes a bore (innocent civilians are mostly spared). Other than Ezra Miller's enjoyable take on The Flash, there's little personality or fun in this group. Even worse, the action is trite, the villain is a yawn and there aren't any innovative special effects. NOTE: As is de rigueur for this genre, stay thru the credits for (in this case) a whole nother movie. Expand
DaBossAndreiNov 19, 2017
Disappointing is a short way to describe the film. I for one was looking forward to seeing the film, even though the trailers didn't exactly HYPE me for the film. I was hyped for Batman V Superman since 2014 - constantly awaiting a trailer,Disappointing is a short way to describe the film. I for one was looking forward to seeing the film, even though the trailers didn't exactly HYPE me for the film. I was hyped for Batman V Superman since 2014 - constantly awaiting a trailer, or any sort of information. Once I saw it, I was awed - and in a good way. I loved the film. It was quality. The CGI was good for the most part, everything was downright GOOD for the most part. Batman was absolutely epic - the music was epic, the fights were epic. Everything was epic. Justice League fails to entertain on all parts. Its villain is a stiff and stupid "invader". I could end this whole review by saying that the film is very underwhelming and I wish Justice League 2 already came out. Superman is missing for more than two thirds of the film, and when he comes, it is good, but very underwhelming regardless. The music was terrible too, and I actually loved DC for the good music. Anyway long story short, very underwhelming and poorly done. Even though people hate BVS, I love it with all my heart. This film was very disappointing. 5/10 Expand
NoNameNecessaryNov 17, 2017
I would like to begin by saying the movie is flawed, a lot of DC's and Zack Snyder's tropes are present and at times it does hurt the movie. That being said it's still a enjoyably watch. There are moments in the movie that will have any DCI would like to begin by saying the movie is flawed, a lot of DC's and Zack Snyder's tropes are present and at times it does hurt the movie. That being said it's still a enjoyably watch. There are moments in the movie that will have any DC comic fans mouth watering, but unfortunately that's all the movie has to offer just moments. Expand
MunkeyNov 22, 2017
At the start, I can't understand how critics are giving this movie the same bashing that Batman V Superman got. Justice League is a far better movie than BvS.

Let's us start with the cast in short. Batman is ok. Affleck does a good job but I just can't get how he speaks. He looks the part and does the bat moves well but here is just something that doesn't fit for me. Wonder Woman is awesome! The best casting (with Flash) and especially because we got the Wonder Woman movie previously we don't need to explain the character. Looks great, fights great and there is chemistry with the team. The only gripe I can have is her accent from time to time. The Flash personally I liked him. Was the comic relief, the CGI when he moves was well made. Enjoyed the character.Aquaman was good too. Would've liked more screen time and more explanation why he doesn't stay in Atlantis and why he is so pissed not a one-liner from a character we don't know. Cyborg was a no go for me. The awful CGI and the stiff performance just put me off. I know he is integral to the story but he definitely needs more screen time and better CGI.

The story is serviceable but has its holes in many parts of the movie.It does feel like the movie was cut soo many times it doesn't know what it really want's to be at parts. The movie needed the extra 15-20 minutes more the explain some parts of the story and character exposition. Guess we have to wait for the Directors Cut.

Steppenwolf as a whole was terrible. CGI was bad, the whole fear me part was like non-interesting and I think given more time the team would have defeated him without the help of the Man of Steel. The threat level was big enough personally I thought Wonder Woman could have defeated him with the help of the team.

In general, I liked the more joke approach but still being more grim and dark. That is just how DC should stay but not overdarken it just to be different from Marvel. The more lighthearted parts of the movie are good. Especially The Flash and Alfred have their funny moments. The Aquaman jokes/funny scenes aren't that good. Overall this approach is much better then the previous full-ham dark tone approach.

The final score for me is 6 out of 10. An above average movie. It shows potential and hope for the next movies in this franchise. If the CGI was better, a little fewer plot holes and more exposure for characters and story development this would be a 7 or even 8 out of 10 movie. For comparison, BvS was a 4 out of 10 movie for me slightly below average and the Director's Cut helped and solved some things but still didn't change the movie too much and made it a 5 out of 10 an average movie.
You build some good faith DC don't lose it and finally give us a great DC movie we all deserve and want!
CilvaaNov 20, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm rating this a 6. I liked the overall story of the team, but there are some glaring issues. Steppenwolf was a poor choice of villian, IMO. He's boring and poorly developed for the big screen. And poorly acted. It always feels he is talking to himself, even when there are other characters on screen. It never feels like he is speaking to them. In addition, the animation of his face, and especially mouth/lips, is terrible and really kills any illusion of photo-realism.

On that subject, Henry Cavill's digitally-removed moustache.. oh boy, it's more than just that. It looks like they replaced the bottom half of his face, from nose-tip to chin. His lips and teeth look unusually perfect, as in computer generated perfect. Definite uncanny valley vibes there.

On the positive, love Ezra Miller as The Flash. His scenes are all great. Didn't really care of Aquaman or Cyborg, character development just wasn't there. They REALLY should have made their standalone movies first before diving in to a JL movie. But I guess DC badly want to catch up with Marvel in getting the "team" movies rolling.
ViktorKRockNov 21, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Этот фильм окончательно убил DCEU. Я долго не мог решить, что хуже - Отряд самоубийц или Лига справедливости. Конечно, Отряд самоубийц всё ещё худший, однако это не отменяет того факта, что Лига справедливости - плевок в душу фанатов. С самого начала нам дают понять, что такое впустую потраченные 300000000$ бюджета. Фильм разваливается ко второй половине. Оживление Супермена - это просто ужас. Наплевали полностью на концовку "Бэтмен против Супермена". Ещё и эта компьютерная графика, О ГОСПОДИ КАКОЙ ЖЕ УЖАС! Остальным персонажам тоже досталось. Бэтмена испортили полностью, Чудо-женщина все такая же милая и вообще она единственный нормальный персонаж фильма, Аквамен пустой, из Флэша сделали дауна, Киборг бесполезный. Степпенвульф - худший злодей DCEU. Сюжета в фильме нет. Графика УЖАСНАЯ! 2017 год, ПОЧЕМУ ТАК ВСЕ ПЛОХО? Хочу сказать, что я жалею, что Снайдер не остался и не сделал фильм нормальным, а не ужасной копией Марвел. Я разочарован. Нах*й Уидона! Нах*й WB! Вы уничтожили киновселенную, за которую я болел всем сердцем. Expand
GetDaRekM8Nov 18, 2017
Is it terrible? No
Is it Amazing? No
Is it terrible? No
Is it Amazing? No
Let's start with bad first. It has a messy plot, very (and i mean very) unbalanced and unevenly paced, some scenes are slow and some scenes are very fast. Some of the comedy felt out of place and unneeded. Steppenwolf is not the worst villain but he's far from a good one, he's your typical CGI big monster that the team fights. The ending is (Even tho it was good) was one of the most common superhero cliches. Now the good. The chemistry between the cast largely carries this movie, with each actor bringing out the best in them. The movie (to a certain degree) is fun and entertaining, the action scenes blew me away. Ezra Millers flash, Ray Fishers Cyborg and Jason Momoa's Aquaman all shined in their away.

Should you watch it? Yes definitely
PotaeSuprakitNov 19, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I grew up watching the Justice League animated series and I enjoyed every DCEU movie so far, so I was really excited to finally see these heroes together for the first time on the big screen. Unfortunately, the movie was a letdown. It's not bad by any means, but it was not as epic as it should have been. Here are my pros and cons

The action in the film is good but it often plays out like a video game. With so many blatantly obvious CGI backgrounds, the movie looked like a video game. There were numerous scenes that looked like they were lifted from Injustice and Injustice 2 that I muse d to myself that someone must have used their Power Up for the shot. Affleck and Gadot are good and work well with one another, but there are some serious casting issues with the film. The biggest for me was Ezra Miller as The Flash. I did not like his effeminate, nerdy, socially awkward, and neurotic and at times cowardly take on the character. This is not the Barry Allen I grew up reading in comics or the one that has been portrayed twice in a much better fashion on television. His comic relief status grew old fast and his character really offered little to the film.

It has been well-documented that Joss Whedon not only handled the rewrites for the film but took over directing duties to complete the film. You can see elements of his humor scattered throughout and the film does move along at a steady pace without dragging.

The biggest issue is that so many of the characters are just stiff and one-dimensional. They really are not overly interesting so it is hard to really connect with them and the tasks they are facing. Unlike Marvel who have excelled with dysfunctional groups who fight amongst themselves as well as the forces of evil, this group seems to be going through the paces rather than being fully engaged with the task at hand and each other.

In the end "Justice League" is better than I expected, and the two bonus scenes in the credits show some interesting potential down the road. As it is, it is flawed entertainment that requires audiences to overlook a lot of issues.
akenaton1984Nov 18, 2017
No sé si sea un consuelo; pero es mejor que Batman v Superman. Siento que, si bien está más cohesionada, esta película no sabía qué quería ser, no se decidía por un estilo y, por ratos, trataba de copiar al vecino. El problema sigue siendo elNo sé si sea un consuelo; pero es mejor que Batman v Superman. Siento que, si bien está más cohesionada, esta película no sabía qué quería ser, no se decidía por un estilo y, por ratos, trataba de copiar al vecino. El problema sigue siendo el guión, lo cual es una lástima; porque, por lo menos sus series siempre habían estado bien escritas. Expand
A_HumanPersonNov 19, 2017
Justice League was one of my most anticipated film of 2017 and as the trailers were released I got more and more disappointed/worried about the end product. I went into this film with high hopes and came out dissatisfied.

The villain is just

The villain is just another CGI monster without any solid backstory and because of re-shoots, Superman has a really weird upper-lip. All of the acting is pretty good and it is definitely better than BvS, but if you miss it, don't bother buying it.
vrafiqaNov 19, 2017
I liked the movie as a whole, but lots of parts just feel sort of out of place, or unneeded. Which is weird because I thought the movie felt short. Many questions are left unanswered after the viewing. They also sued way too much slow motion.I liked the movie as a whole, but lots of parts just feel sort of out of place, or unneeded. Which is weird because I thought the movie felt short. Many questions are left unanswered after the viewing. They also sued way too much slow motion. The CGI is very noticeable, which is a bad thing and can be distracting. The main villain looks like a Nord Draugr boss from Skyrim. The movie is not necessarily boring, it just feels lacking, especially the ending battle scene. The fact that they tried it make it "less dark" is so noticeable and the film has lots of unwanted forced corny jokes. I honestly think this movie was only enjoyable because of it's nostalgia of the heroes. If it wasn't for it being a Justice League movie, it would be crap. If you just wanna see the Justice League beat stuff up, and don't care for the story and such, this movie's alright. Expand
strifespectreNov 19, 2017
The film was enjoyable. It wasn't boring; not at all. The acting was amazing, the cast did great and worked really well-together, with each actor/actress reprising and representing thier character from the comics perfectly. However, the plotThe film was enjoyable. It wasn't boring; not at all. The acting was amazing, the cast did great and worked really well-together, with each actor/actress reprising and representing thier character from the comics perfectly. However, the plot was extremely inconsistent and all-over the place, (keep in mind it was filmed by two directors and was subject to many re-shoots). The pacing was awful, and it tried to fit everything into the two-hour limit they had on the film. The villian felt weak and was boring, and failed to capture my attention. It felt generic, as the plot line was all over the place, and felt too fake due to the oversaturation of CGI, which felt outdated to begin with in the first place. BUT, as I have mentioned, it was a very enjoyable movie, although kind of dissapointing. Performances are great, it's very light-hearted and doesn't take itself too seriously and music backs the film pretty nicely. It's worth a watch. Expand
Movie_girl2k17Nov 19, 2017
Sad how highly anticipated this movie was, and how it fell apart so quickly. This movie was almost a complete disaster, but thanks to the improved characters, they were able to drag this movie along until the end.
pnoyfilmtvadikNov 20, 2017
It's a fun movie to watch. It has enough special effects, heart, action, thrill and comic relief. You can leave your brains at home if you're a critical viewer. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the movie.
IttiacesNov 25, 2017
This movie was a pretty good effort overall. It's not on a par with the likes of Marvel and Wonder Woman is still the best DC movie so far in my opinion, but it has its charm. The pace is good, and the action keeps rolling so I wasn't bored.This movie was a pretty good effort overall. It's not on a par with the likes of Marvel and Wonder Woman is still the best DC movie so far in my opinion, but it has its charm. The pace is good, and the action keeps rolling so I wasn't bored. As you'd expect from a modern superhero movie, it is saturated in slightly garish, over the top CG. Unfortunately, a lot of it looks like a PlayStation game, in particular, the main villain. Having a real actor in this role would have made a significant difference. The cast does a good enough job, although I found Ben Affleck's Batman to be quite annoying. Some of the humour definitely fell flat, particularly the Flash jokes. They attempted comedy with Aquaman during a particular scene, and it was a bit cringeworthy. Other than that it makes a decent hand of the storyline. I'm sure there's another one of these in the pipe so; hopefully, with a few tweaks, they can create a stellar film next time around. This one is definitely worth a look but could be better. Expand
moviestalkerNov 22, 2017
I constantly got the impression that none of the actors actually *wanted* to be in this movie (except Ezra Miller, he really enjoyed his role to the max) and who could blame them? The story was boring and the run-of-the-mill villain didn'tI constantly got the impression that none of the actors actually *wanted* to be in this movie (except Ezra Miller, he really enjoyed his role to the max) and who could blame them? The story was boring and the run-of-the-mill villain didn't help either. Expand
Michael_Stars_5Nov 18, 2017
Spectacular effects, but inconsistent storyline, great actors, but terrible writing, fun film but mediocre anyway. Certainly better than the previous films, so at least DC is headed towards success.
Octava3Nov 18, 2017
Первую половину фильма нудятина , Флеш - скучный и трусливый персонаж , сюжет "НА УРОВНЕ".
Тут больше и нечего сказать.
DarthNihilusDec 5, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despite being a comic fan (DC & Marvel) who went into this film without any preconceived opinions, I was ultimately letdown. The comic book fan in me really wanted to root for this movie after the critical success of Wonder Woman and the disaster of Green Lantern. It seemed like DC was starting to trend in the right direction. However, that was not the case at all. The film critic in me despised the lack of character development, the terrible narrative and unrealized potential. This movie had great marketing and tremendous hype surrounding it, but the final product simply didn't deliver. Let's start with the narrative. This film had so many Macguffins (a plot device in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the protagonist pursues, often with little or no narrative explanation.) I lost count. The opening scene with Batman chasing a criminal only to be interrupted by lone Parademon and then having the criminal plainly state "must be from an alien invading army" Seriously? Aquaman being very hostile with Batman upon meeting him and then being a valued member of the team barely 20-30mins later? The Motherboxes (still don't know why they are called that) containing all this power and being on earth with no explanation. Steppenwolf (bad CGI aside) comes to collect these boxes with no explanation given other than wanting revenge for losing in his 1st attempt. There is never any mention of why he wants the boxes in the first place nor whom he works for. Next up is character development. There is no backstory for Cyborg whatsoever, he is introduced as the moody, loner who wants nothing to do with saving the world then jumps head first into the fight after meeting with Wonder Woman? Where is the character development? I distinctly remember there being flashback scenes in the trailer that were not in the movie at all. The only person on the team they actually gave us any real backstory and motivation for is the Flash. The battle scenes were perhaps the only bright spot in the film as they gave us a chance to see the team in action and built some chemistry between them. The flashback battle scene was particularly entertaining even if it was only meant to tease other popular DC characters (Green Lantern, Black Adam, etc...) Finally, the unrealized potential. This is perhaps the biggest flaw of the film and the entire DCEU. This film had the chance to jumpstart the entire DC film universe. It had a lot of things going for it: Beloved characters, Massive success of the Wonder Woman movie and ridiculous hype. Unfortunately all that meant nothing. The fact that they neglected to show, let alone mention Darkseid is appalling. That alone could have probably saved this film. Literally NO ONE is excited about Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I think many people saw this film for what it was, a poor attempt for DC to catch up to Marvel. DC should have tried to do their own thing. The way I see it, DC is suffering from an identity crisis. Their movies lack consistency in tone, narrative, direction and character development. The reason people love Marvel is because its consistent. The change in directors really hurt this movie, you could tell it was directed by two different people. There are times when it tries to be serious and the humor is so forced instead of natural. DC needs to identify itself so that it can break away from the Marvel comparisons. Expand
LatinCritic13Nov 17, 2017
UPDATE: I know I have reviewed Justice League with an adequate score of a 7 since Friday night, but after a few hours thinking about it, I finally decided that I’m going to update my rating score down to a 6 and here’s why…

For some reason,

For some reason, after seeing Justice League, I started to have a mixed combination of emotions and reactions that had me really divisive towards this film. First things first, the positives. The main positives for this movie is the heart, humor, and symbolism. These three aspects of this film did bring life to the Justice League by bringing that comical feel so it can be enjoyable to watch. When it comes to the negatives however, it’s a huge issue. The annoying CGI, forgettable narrative structure, and direction of this movie felt inconsistent. There are scenes that felt rushed and out of place that I actually struggled watching this movie during the two hours. Most scenes that I watched in this movie felt very familiar of how the Avengers was set up to be even though Joss Whedon himself directed for Zack Snyder when he’s out of the project due to personal tragedy. In addition, Danny Elfman’s score for Justice League felt very out of place when there’s tension in both action and characters coming along the way and it felt like a MCU movie, not DC. And I thought that Justice League did do justice when it comes to the reshoots when avoiding the ‘unwatchable cut’ of this movie that everyone is rambling about, but I was wrong, this movie indeed didn’t do enough for me and I preferred the ultimate edition of BvS over this film. Overall, Justice League is fun when it comes to heart, but the film lacks integrity and narrative on building up excitement that disappoints to meet expectations by going past the positive ranks that Wonder Woman is currently sitting at.
mrdr4gonNov 17, 2017
The film does not look like it cost $300 million to create, it's edited horrendously in the first half and in a way that makes it blatantly obvious that it's a 2hr movie cut out of a (probably much superior) 3hr movie that they'll probablyThe film does not look like it cost $300 million to create, it's edited horrendously in the first half and in a way that makes it blatantly obvious that it's a 2hr movie cut out of a (probably much superior) 3hr movie that they'll probably charge $20 to buy a special edition blu-ray for. Everything is rushed. Joss Whedon's involvement in the scenes he reshot is problematic because he has such a better cinematic eye than Snyder does that it's blatantly obvious which scenes he shot and it all stands out like a sore thumb. The climax is hackneyed down so it feels too short, too anticlimactic and too easy for the main characters to overcome, and the narrative threads are made to be so flimsy that following the film involves willfully overlooking contrivances and plotholes. There are positives, the characters were all great even in the small doses that we got, and all of the actors were quite likeable, the dialogue was decent for the most part and some of the set pieces were legitimately well thought out and pretty cool. Ezra Miller in particular has a bright future ahead of him, and the only one of the cast members who I'm still unsure whether they'd be able to carry a solo film is Ray Fisher as Cyborg... because honestly who the hell would be capable of carrying a CYBORG movie of all things?

Honestly some big questions remain after watching this. Why did they hire the editor of BVS, one of the worst edited films of all time, to edit this? Why did Chris Terrio get brought back to write the screenplay after the horrendous job he did on BVS? Why is so much of what we see on screen so ugly to look at? (aesthetically the film is mostly complete garbage). Honestly this is just a huge waste of potential. It wasn't really that bad or particularly offensive it was just sort of boring for the most part and the Justice League as a franchise deserves better. It gets a 4 because of the decent things it actually made time to include and I'm guessing with that extra hour that would be in the potential blu-ray directors cut that seems inevitable, that version might reach the heights of a 5, a 6 or even a 7. Oh how delightful that would be.
CineAutoctonoNov 18, 2017
"Justice League" seemed slightly good, the characters were good, and especially the villain, what does not seem good about the film, are the special effects, photography and the script with many jumps in the plot, but to the contrary I liked"Justice League" seemed slightly good, the characters were good, and especially the villain, what does not seem good about the film, are the special effects, photography and the script with many jumps in the plot, but to the contrary I liked that about this. Expand
heeroboboNov 22, 2017
I'm a little bit disappointed about this movies. I very like Batman v Superman and I had the impression to see Sucide Squad 2 instead of the sequel of BvS.
EilanzerNov 17, 2017
The movie is the definition of a "meh" movie...You know, something that isn´t bad or good, something that you could watch but will forget in an almost instant future. =/
jameshowlett89Nov 23, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Possible Spoilers!
Not even sure where to begin... WB and Joss Whedon completely butchered Zacs vision and his movie. The re-shoots done by Whedon are NUMEROUS and very easy to spot, most of the touching scenes you get from the trailers are re-shot and changed dramatically, Whedon tries to add his **** one liners and quips to every scene possible as though he's directing another avengers flick.

The re-shoots and the horrendous CGI done to supermans face are just disturbing to say the least, and I don't know if Bens face was CGI'd to make him look fatter or what but his face in the trailers look slim and proper and in the actual movie it's like he's added a good few lbs, possibly because of re-shoots or maybe bad CGI who knows. but the worst of this is for Superman, he just looks weird in every scene.

I think what hurt the movie even worst than Whedons garbage re-shoots has got to be the moron at the head of WB, the CEO who forced them to cut 50mins worth of content, just like BvsS, if you watch the full cut it makes the movie far better and just imagine 50! mins worth of content being cut...
I'm hoping theres going to be a full cut released at some point and the **** at WB honor Zac at least that much, hoping to see the full film without Whedons and WB's meddling hands.
there's actually a petition on change.org that has reached 100k as of me writing this asking the studio to release the full Zac Snyder Justice League and not whatever the F this was.
So if you're one of the many who wants Zacs version head there and sign it...maybe it'll work.
tysongunn135Nov 18, 2017
I really really really wanted it to be a phenomenal experience, but sadly it wasn't. It's not as bad as the critics say at all, but there are multiple issues with it. As a fanboy, I grew up with the Justice League, I wanted to see them beatI really really really wanted it to be a phenomenal experience, but sadly it wasn't. It's not as bad as the critics say at all, but there are multiple issues with it. As a fanboy, I grew up with the Justice League, I wanted to see them beat the Avengers, but it falls significantly short of that. It is entertaining and shows glimmers of hope for the future of the DCEU. I am more excited to see more from Aquaman, Flash, and Batman! Expand
someonegetmeoutNov 17, 2017
Watched two days ago as a preview. No story, so poor storytelling. Steppenwolf is very bad looking. Worst cinecomics of the year. Speechless. Now I have a very bad feelings for DCEU, I can't see a good future for the franchise.
julius98Nov 19, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While a definite improvement over Batman v. Superman, that doesn't say much. Ezra Miller in the role of the Flash, and all of his interactions with other characters are perfect, but much of the rest of the film and the other characters fall a bit flat. Gal Gadot in the role of Wonder Woman is still as charismatic and inspiring to watch, but this being an ensemble movie, there aren't really that many moments where she shines. Cyborg and Aquaman are fine, but both of their character arcs, forced into becoming superheroes, seem more forced by way of the script than from any real in-movie reasoning. In addition, Cyborg's CGI-body makes it really difficult to believe that he's a real person. The team interactions are for the most part dull, and don't seem to build any sort of relations between these characters, which is going to make any real intra-team drama seem forced in future instalments. The villain of this movie is dull both in motivations as well as in appearances, and seem to continue the on-going struggle of making good comic-book villains. The dialogue seems like it was written by a 10-year-old, with overly dramatic and nonsensical lines in almost every conversation. My biggest gripe though, is that Superman is still entirely uninteresting as a character. By the dialogue of the other characters he's supposed to be more than just a symbol of Americanism, but what exactly is so human about him beats me. Overall, this movie takes a couple of baby-steps in the right direction, but they really need to work much harder with every aspect of their movies if DC intends to create a compelling cinematic universe to rival that of Marvel. Overall, this Expand
chesaroNov 19, 2017
Plain bad, batman joking and... everybody joking, and well, to be honest, it feels like man of steel was episode 1, dawn of justice is episode 2, and this is episode 3 of a tv show, the script is just not enough to be a movie, i don'tPlain bad, batman joking and... everybody joking, and well, to be honest, it feels like man of steel was episode 1, dawn of justice is episode 2, and this is episode 3 of a tv show, the script is just not enough to be a movie, i don't understand how they are doing to get producers to put their money on this movies... And well, to be fair, MCU is also going this way, so i'm starting to see a pattern here with the super hero movies. Expand
manuelgcgNov 19, 2017
JL it is not a bad movie nor a good movie, it is just another movie that has nothing special when compared to other great superhero movies from Marvel.

Pros: - Entertaining action - WonderWoman fights - Flash personality Cons: - Weak

Pros:
- Entertaining action
- WonderWoman fights
- Flash personality

Cons:
- Weak villain
- Ex Machina everywhere
- Terrible CGI
- Poor performances
- Weak plot
SmirkNov 19, 2017
Whilst I'm glad to see DC trying to take a lighter and more fun-loving tone, I'm not surprised that Whedon has distanced itself from this turkey. It even lacks Snyder's normally stunning visuals to redeem it. The comedy timing is all off, theWhilst I'm glad to see DC trying to take a lighter and more fun-loving tone, I'm not surprised that Whedon has distanced itself from this turkey. It even lacks Snyder's normally stunning visuals to redeem it. The comedy timing is all off, the characters aren't relatable and the CGI is just awful. Expand
SoulshockerNov 18, 2017
Zack Snyder is obviously not the best for this franchise. Get rid of him and get Patty to direct EVERYTHING. I loved Wonder Woman and thought about watching this movie because of Gal Gadot, but decided against as I don't like the grimy, darkZack Snyder is obviously not the best for this franchise. Get rid of him and get Patty to direct EVERYTHING. I loved Wonder Woman and thought about watching this movie because of Gal Gadot, but decided against as I don't like the grimy, dark look that Snyder always brings. Expand
CalebHoNov 19, 2017
Four movies in before this one and DC still seems to stumble along, trying to play catch-up to Marvel. Now, before anyone accuses me of being a fanboy, I am not. I'm just a fan of movies - good movies, and sadly, Justice League is not one ofFour movies in before this one and DC still seems to stumble along, trying to play catch-up to Marvel. Now, before anyone accuses me of being a fanboy, I am not. I'm just a fan of movies - good movies, and sadly, Justice League is not one of them.

The story is choppy, the plot is once again murky, character development is paper thin and there is no real sense of urgency despite what is at stake. You feel almost nothing for the characters and really couldn't care less if they died.

Whatever is happening at DC, they really need to buck up or else, we will be seeing more disappointing "blockbusters" and quite frankly, a waste of talent, time and money. You have been warned.
bkristmanNov 17, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is better than Batman vs Superman at least. The scenes are filmed in enclosed areas and everything almost is shot in closeup with very fast cuts so sometimes it's hard to see what's going on especially since it is visually dark. There are hardly any extras and the film is almost entirely the characters themselves. For some reason there are a lot of shots of WW in a head and shoulders mode with a strange glow ,very airbrushed and photo-shopped looking. The plot is very simple with the villain being a clone of the dark elf from the thor 2 film . He tries to obtain 3 motherboxes which are a clone of the infinity stones pretty much from the marvel series so he can destroy the worlds or whatever and the heroes must stop him. Batman is still a jerk,ww can do no wrong and is the 'wise' one.
Flash,Aquaman,Cyborg fill out the rest of the Scooby gang .
Along the way they have to bring Supes back to life to fight the baddy.
Chemistry is ok between actors although the characters mostly are miserable throughout the film .
Lots of drama.
Overall it's worth watching but seems like it is a 'small' film compared to marvel efforts. Mostly seemed to be filmed in one place with lots of cgi.
NearfootNov 17, 2017
This is worse on all dc movies. Suicide Squad is better this movie. Dc cinematic universe going a bad. I boring this movie. Scenes bad, acting meh But story is very bad. I dont like this movie. Don't WATCH!!!!!!!!1
Humble_BragNov 20, 2017
The biggest problems: Aqua-man didn't really get to use his powers, the villain is too weak, there's lots of expositional dialogue and narration, Mercedes Benz.

The Good stuff: Some cool fighting, some jokes are funny, Gal Gadot is good as

The Good stuff:
Some cool fighting, some jokes are funny, Gal Gadot is good as Wonder Woman.
ParallaxDec 10, 2017
Why won't DC get rid of Zack Snyder? Seriously, he's never had a box office success aside from the first 300 movie. Sucker Punch, Watchmen, 300 2, Batman v Superman, Man of Steel. All failures
StevieGJDNov 25, 2017
I grew up on comic books and truly enjoy many of the film franchises. The Wonder Woman movie, earlier this summer, was terrific. I hoped that it would echo a new approach for DC superhero movies. Alas, it did not. The DC animated filmsI grew up on comic books and truly enjoy many of the film franchises. The Wonder Woman movie, earlier this summer, was terrific. I hoped that it would echo a new approach for DC superhero movies. Alas, it did not. The DC animated films are very good. Their movies, except Wonder Woman are bad. "Superman" and "Batman vs. Superman" were terrible, overwrought and too long. So is "Justice League". How could Wonder Woman be so good a few months ago? The answer is: with better writing and a better director. The best parts of "Justice League" are snippy dialog between the heroes, dialogue I suspect that was added in by Joss Whedon, who was brought on to lighten up this dreadful mess. It takes far too long to get going. The villain is a completely unmemorable force of evil. The CGI is so over the top that it just looks silly at times. The only reason it gets a 4 are the humorous elements that humanize the characters and lighten the film. Marvel does this so much better than DC. Expand
FazhaNov 25, 2017
I was trying to figure out why I was so put off by this movie. I think part of it, besides the dodgy CGI, was that the first movie, and at least part of the second, felt grounded in reality. There were real locations and real people caught upI was trying to figure out why I was so put off by this movie. I think part of it, besides the dodgy CGI, was that the first movie, and at least part of the second, felt grounded in reality. There were real locations and real people caught up in a world where superheroes were a new reality. It's like this one jumped from a documentary to a CGI fueled fantasy, and the transition is jarring and unpleasant. Expand
Loler13grDec 1, 2017
A forgettable movie with some fun moments that does a messy attempt at bringing together the biggest heroes of DC. The heroes do not get much individual time but at least the plot makes some sense. Still better than previous DC movies.
blackcowboyDec 1, 2017
Well it was not as good as Wonder Women but better then Suicide Squid, so it was as "good" as I expected. I got the ticket for free, so if you want to see the movie do it as a rental with some friends and popcorn and skip the cinema trip this time
YlikDec 10, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like comix but Justice League as an example of how not to do. Becouse original conception is destroyed Snaider.the characters are not disclosed .Static .And no villain. My mark is 4 as 10 Expand
shootinship101Nov 27, 2017
If DC wasn't part of pop culture, this would have certainly be viewed as a knock off Marvel movie. Enjoyable? Sure. Just don't expect to remember much.
yashdanDec 10, 2017
You've got nothing much to do and a few hours to waste?
Justice League might entertain you...maybe!
Wonder Woman is the only character one can appreciate...

Movie: 5
Plot: 0
Acting: 3
VolksDKDec 3, 2017
Pros: - DC's biggest characters together on the big screen. - Fantastic costume design. - Some great scenes and action shots. - Nice nods to comic fans. - Music is nice and well placed. - Humour and colour! Not dark and serious all the time,Pros: - DC's biggest characters together on the big screen. - Fantastic costume design. - Some great scenes and action shots. - Nice nods to comic fans. - Music is nice and well placed. - Humour and colour! Not dark and serious all the time, which DC films tend to have way too much of. A nice mix of both at the right times.

Cons: - CGI is weak at points - Completely forgettable villain with weak character traits (It should've been Darkseid!) - A lot of the characters are practically useless and do nothing of importance. The movie could just be Called Superman, Cyborg and friends. - Superman's whole thing is stupid. The scenes that were supposed to be effective really weren't, we already knew his actual fate. - Some very weak dialogue at times
FarhanFirozDec 1, 2017
Justice League is a another disappointment to the DCEU. The movie is a complete mess from start to finish with the editing all over the place , terrible re-shoots , complete change in tone shifts with the run time being really short for aJustice League is a another disappointment to the DCEU. The movie is a complete mess from start to finish with the editing all over the place , terrible re-shoots , complete change in tone shifts with the run time being really short for a justice league movie and a terrible villain since Thor the dark world. Despite all this the movie does bring out the best superman and flash portrayal with some great dynamic scenes of Bruce and Diana. Expand
PeterAlexanderDec 6, 2017
This film had me both optimistic going in to the cinema, and excited to leave. Justice League adds to what has been a string of mediocre films on DC's part. Shockingly cheesy dialogue and action sequences, a hilariously bad villain, and quiteThis film had me both optimistic going in to the cinema, and excited to leave. Justice League adds to what has been a string of mediocre films on DC's part. Shockingly cheesy dialogue and action sequences, a hilariously bad villain, and quite simply a story that had me falling asleep leaves this film as the worst comic book movie in years. Expand
Mick510Dec 4, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my review for Justice League. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you'll subscribe to my YouTube channel. The film is a 6.2 BTW.
Roger1718Nov 28, 2017
After the miserable experience of watching suicide squad and observing the ultimate failure of Batman v.s. Superman, I certainly had no hopes for this movie. However, it still managed to go beyond my expectations, offering a quite enterainingAfter the miserable experience of watching suicide squad and observing the ultimate failure of Batman v.s. Superman, I certainly had no hopes for this movie. However, it still managed to go beyond my expectations, offering a quite enteraining experience. It definitely had many flaws, although considering the massive re-shootings and the personal issues that Zack Snyder unfortunately confronted during the creation of this project, it gained my respect. The movie seemed consistent and it´s script and editing was not a complete piece of garbage, although it wasn´t even that good, but rather mediocre. Nonetheless, it is still an enjoyable experience. Expand
WillughNov 24, 2017
Once again, another DC movie that's very illogical. I thought Wonder Woman was the turning point for DC but I was wrong. The plot as a whole is actually an improvement from BvS. It's not that boring and kinda enjoyable to watch for a funOnce again, another DC movie that's very illogical. I thought Wonder Woman was the turning point for DC but I was wrong. The plot as a whole is actually an improvement from BvS. It's not that boring and kinda enjoyable to watch for a fun flick. The CGI is also an improvement from previous DCEU movies. But what ruins the movie for me is the climax fight scene which is very illogical like BvS. And there are some fight scenes which are very cringe and actually makes me laugh harder than the jokes they serve in the movie. It's quite disappointing but not very surprised to see this coming. I just hope they don't ruin Flashpoint like this. Expand
tuwaluaDec 4, 2017
The only positive thing about this movie is gal gadot - otherwise it was messy unlogic and pointless - its time that they remove zack snyder from the franchise!
ethanstapleyDec 15, 2017
A bit of a mess. There's some fun to be had but not all the jokes and banter completely land. The CGI is downright rotten at times, incredible considering the money that was spent. The worst villain I have ever seen in a comic book movie,A bit of a mess. There's some fun to be had but not all the jokes and banter completely land. The CGI is downright rotten at times, incredible considering the money that was spent. The worst villain I have ever seen in a comic book movie, never once feels like a threat to the League. The cast is quite charming together and Henry Cavill supplies his best work as Superman and makes me excited for a sequel to Man of Steel. Ultimately though the story is very lacking and there's no interesting action. I'm curious to have seen the product had there not been extensive reshoots but hey. At least it goes by relatively quickly at 2 hours and the two credits scenes are really enjoyable and offer a glimmer of hope for the DCEU. Expand
Tyron820Dec 1, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well this is another Zack Snyder pattern movie so we can`t expect too much,but this is a really fun movie and for the first time in a Dc comics movie there isn`t any dark stuff,but also isn`t funny it´s just a good-tempered movie.
The villans of Dc usually are incredibles, but this one is the worst villan in a super hero movie that I have ever seen. He is predictable and is not focus on the movie the way he should be.
The superheroes are ok, Aquaman almost does nothing and has the worst dialogues, another character that is not focus in the movie.Batman and Wonder Woman has the best dialogues, but batman is a little useless to in the other hand Wonder Woman is really useful and goes face to face aganist the villan. Cyborg with no doubt is the Star on this movie with a really good backline and with a great utility.The Flash is the funny, but he´s jokes are really bad but his good humor make him the psychological team support. the visual effects are good and the 3D worth it.
The movie is good but have a lot of mistakes and only Superman,Wonder Woman and Cyborg would realize it,but the movie has a good pace and you will only see the mistakes after you watch the movie
SaviorGamingDec 6, 2017
The movie looked amazing but felt rushed, the characters felt weak and like place holders at times. The movie however did succeed in one very important area. It was simply fun, and sometimes fun is enough.
metacriticismNov 25, 2017
There's a lot to like about this movie, but the many boring scenes and odd pacing bog it down to a decently enjoyable, yet overall average movie. I recommend this movie to any superfans or if it's on Netflix, but otherwise, there are betterThere's a lot to like about this movie, but the many boring scenes and odd pacing bog it down to a decently enjoyable, yet overall average movie. I recommend this movie to any superfans or if it's on Netflix, but otherwise, there are better uses of your time. Expand
Arodin77Nov 26, 2017
The 5th movie in the DCEU, 2017's Justice League, has a lot riding against it thanks to the dumpster fire that was Batman V Superman a few years earlier, and thanks to the gigantic shoes it had to fill just to be on par with The Avengers.The 5th movie in the DCEU, 2017's Justice League, has a lot riding against it thanks to the dumpster fire that was Batman V Superman a few years earlier, and thanks to the gigantic shoes it had to fill just to be on par with The Avengers. Hopes were high though, after the surprise success of Wonder Woman earlier this year. However, it's safe to say that those hopes were not fulfilled. The main plot of the movie really comes out of nowhere, with the main villain Stepphenwolf (Darkseid's Uncle, however not mentioned in this movie), attempts to join together 3 cubes of immense power in order to take over and destroy the world (Of course!), so Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg must team up to stop him. There isn't enough build to justify Stepphenwolf's appearance or motives to make it seem like that much of a massive deal. The same can be said for the superheros besides Batman, Superman, and Wonder Women; The movie expects you to already know these characters' origins and doesn't explain them enough to properly justify their existence in this universe or why they are a part of this fight (This mainly affects The Flash more than others, but it still applies). The pacing (like Batman V Superman), is also all over the place. Switching between rushed and extremely slow many times, taking the movie forever to really get going, and when it does, the movie ends. However, there were a few really cool action sequences in this movie (the museum scene with Wonder Woman, the fight scene in the sewer line, and the final fight comes to mind), but the rest are bogged down by either lame CGI or crap acting.

Oh, and in terms of the movie's visuals? Lets just say they rely very heavily on CGI. About 75% of the movie is CGI and it is painfully obvious, which really takes you away from the immersion of the movie. The only thing I can say that is really visually impressive is Cyborg's look. It's just a shame that the rest of the movie doesn't quite share that.

Speaking of the characters, I personally thought that Aquaman, Cyborg, Superman, and Wonder Woman are the stars of this movie. Despite very little background given to Aquaman and Cyborg (the price of not giving them their own solo movies before this one), I found them to be very likeable and enjoyable to watch. I also believe that Henry Cavil does the best performance of Superman than he's done in any other DCEU movie to date. And Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is just so damn great, especially after how great she was in the titular movie earlier in the year. On the other hand, I didn't really like Flash to begin with (A bit annoying and a bit of a wuss), but he got better towards the end (Still prefer Grant Gustin over this guy though). But Batman they really messed up. He's far too light-hearted and a bit of a douche at times.

All in all, whilst the movie is definitely better than Batman V Superman, it's still not that great. The problems they had during production really do stick out here. There are some really enjoyable bits about it though, but don't expect to be on the edge of your seat with this one.

- Main Plot: 6/10
- Characters: 6.5/10
- Action: 7/10
- Visuals: 5/10
- Pacing: 5/10

- Combined Score (Out of 50): 29.5/50
- Final Score (Out of 10): 6/10 (Just! Out of sheer generosity)
- Grade: C-
arielprimeNov 27, 2017
Justice League was an honest...meh. I am being honest with myself and all of y'all. I really didn't feel overwhelmed by anything in this film. The Avengers films make me feel, this was just another movie I saw this month. It's unfortunate,Justice League was an honest...meh. I am being honest with myself and all of y'all. I really didn't feel overwhelmed by anything in this film. The Avengers films make me feel, this was just another movie I saw this month. It's unfortunate, since it's the damn Justice League, like it's a childhood dream playing right before me but I felt nothing. I think it has to do with how rushed it all feels. I didn't connect with any of the characters, just felt like a rushed intro and boom we're in action. I understand that DC is trying to catch up to Marvel and their MCU but what's strained here is the familiarity and depth of the characters. Characters like Aquaman, and The Flash were the most intriguing but we pretty much just had moments with them paused until their own films are released. This was an enjoyable film, but that's unfortunately it. It hurt to type that but, I haven't lost faith in DC. 6/10 -A Expand
beautifulafroNov 29, 2017
First of all, i am not a comic book fan. I just loved superheroes movie, and i don't have any "fanboys" I loved DC (since C.Nolan Batman), and i loved Marvel's cinematic universe. But boy oh boy... Justice League disappoint me in many ways. IFirst of all, i am not a comic book fan. I just loved superheroes movie, and i don't have any "fanboys" I loved DC (since C.Nolan Batman), and i loved Marvel's cinematic universe. But boy oh boy... Justice League disappoint me in many ways. I am not that "movie perfect" guy, that need a lot of perfect story, perfect acting, etc. I loved Suicide Squad, but Justice League just pure bland horrible. 1. The story, oh my god... Please... its almost 2018 people... With your huge movie business, can you not make a generic "one dude coming to destroy earth with things". And that "things" will be a key to one of the main character. It just generic, and boring. 30 minutes in, and i knew exactly what will happened to the movie (i didn't get any spoiler at all before watching the movie)

2. The actors. Well most of them are good, Flash is funny, Cybrog is somewhat mysterious but fun, Batman.. well he is Batman, Superman is superman... but Gal Gadot... Why... Her acting just bad.

3. Visual Effect. First, superman mustache... really? Second... With this huge movie , i expect to be better. I am not a CGI Hater guy, but Justice League effect seems odd to me. The whole movie, i can feel it that they did those acting behind green screen. I don't know why, i just feel it so much. Especially at the ending, i can feel it 100% that they did those act in green screen. 4. Jokes, Fun moments, Actions. Well it got a lot of actions, for example like Aquaman jumping to bat mobile "ma man!"... It was glorious. The fighting scenes were good... But the jokes... meh.
ILoveReviewsNov 29, 2017
It was neither good nor bad. I loved watching it for it's humor, but the action became kind of too much. This, I feel, is a problem with most of Justice League movies. Still decent. (y)
eck620Dec 2, 2017
Entertaining but rushed. Rushed storytelling, rushed character development, rushed sequences, rushed rushed rushed. Not sure what happened here, it was nice they kept the run time to 2 hours but at what cost. The CGI looked terrible again,Entertaining but rushed. Rushed storytelling, rushed character development, rushed sequences, rushed rushed rushed. Not sure what happened here, it was nice they kept the run time to 2 hours but at what cost. The CGI looked terrible again, which is the hallmark of these DC movies, I'm not sure how they are missing that. The fast motion to slow motion to fast motion sequences are tired, leave them to Michael Bay, find a new schtick. Steppenwolf may be the absolute low of this movie, every aspect was terrible. The Flash was a bright spot but nearly ruined by second-rate CGI. The entire color tone and CGI effects of these movies are unappealing, someone at Warners Bros needs to step up and stop being a yes man. If you want to copy something then copy the scheme from Watchmen or Sin City, don't copy Transformers and the weak Ninja Turtles movies. All that being said, I think this crew of actors works well for these parts. Expand
OrigamiPandaJan 23, 2018
Might have been OK if they hadn't massacred it in the editing room. It's just rushed, obviously because Warner Bros. mandated that it had to be cut down by an hour. This is basically The Amazing Spider-Man 2 all over again, a mediocre filmMight have been OK if they hadn't massacred it in the editing room. It's just rushed, obviously because Warner Bros. mandated that it had to be cut down by an hour. This is basically The Amazing Spider-Man 2 all over again, a mediocre film that could have actually been good had the studio not **** it up, outside of the obvious fact that Marc Webb is a better filmmaker than Snyder. Expand
GeekGenerationNov 17, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nous avons enfin vu le très attendu (au tournant) Justice League de Zack Snyder et Joss Whedon. Quand est-il de cette équipe DC Comics ?

Tout d’abord, il faut relevé que Zack Snyder a cédé son fauteuil à Josh Whedon, ce qui se ressent dans le traitement des personnages. Les scènes reshootées par Whedon donne un petit coup de frais aux visuels « habituels » d’un Snyder toujours aussi peu inspiré. Mais passons outre l’aspect visuel et les effets spéciaux tape-à-l’oeil assez inégaux, et attardons-nous sur le plus important : les personnages.

Certains personnages sortent du lot et s’intègre avec brio à l’histoire. Batman accompagné de son légendaire thème musical est tout simplement badass à souhait et Gotham est parfaitement représentée autant dans l’ambiance que dans le graphisme à mi-chemin entre les œuvres de Franck Miller et de Neal Adams. Ben Affleck offre un Batman plus proche des comics que ne l’était Christian Bale (Bale était un excellent interprète, mais son Batman tenait plus du monde réel que celui des comic-books). Un bon point pour Alfred et ses remarques sur les exploits passés du Caped Crusader. Superman donne plus l’impression d’être l’invité de la ligue des Justiciers, mais il faut avouer que le rôle va comme un gant à Henry Cavill. Gal Gadot interprète parfaitement Wonder Woman avec des scènes d’actions bien nerveuses. Aquaman ne ressemble pas du tout à son personnage dans les comics mais son côté bad boy donne un côté piquant et plus crédible à Arthur Curry. Le personnage de Cyborg est trop mis en retrait en on aurait aimé en apprendre plus sur son background. Et pour finir… Flash. Barry Allen passe du petit écran avec un Grant Gustin au sommet pour atterrir au cinéma sous la forme d’un associable atteint d’autisme. Flash est lourd et tête-à-claque du début à la fin du film. Grand absent du film, Green Lantern aurait pu faire son entrée dans la ligue, mais nous ne nous contenterons que d’une brève apparition du corps des Green Lantern lors d’un flashback sur l’histoire de Steppenwolf.

Côté vilain, pas de Darkseid à l’horizon mais un Steppenwolf qui manque cruellement de charisme. De tous les méchants de l’univers DC, ils ont choisis un des plus plat et morne.

Justice League était attendu comme « LE » film qui changera la donne, mais s’enterre dans la surenchère numérique et le cliché des blagues lourdingues. C’est meilleur qu’un Batman V Superman ou un Suicide Squad mais ça reste hautement perfectible à tous les points.

Un bon point pour la scène post générique (la vraie, pas celle entre Superman et Flash) qui nous montre un Lex Luthor grandit recrutant Deathstroke avec une proposition d’équipe… Qui a dit Injustice League ?
KimomarudotcomNov 17, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a Zach Snyder fan; loved Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, Watchmen. I've also been reading comics for about 30 years and was eagerly anticipating this film. I think I'm going to stop watching movies in theaters after this. Steppenwolf is a decent enough villain, I didn't find Superman's return to be so contrived as some have mentioned, and I don't think Batman was as central to the movie as others have pointed out. And, to be fair, the Superman/Flash "who is faster" question was fun and done well. But the green screen effects are obvious, Aquaman really isn't that great of a character even after the hard-drinking-badass makeover, and it's hard to take the overall plot seriously when it's peppered with as much humor as it is. If you make a movie like this too serious, people complain that it's too dark. When you add humor to lighten it up, it feels like a live-action Super Friends episode. Maybe the genre is just played out at this point. The first Avengers movie showed the world how it's done, and even the subsequent Age of Ultron couldn't outdo it. I'm just kind bummed over Justice League. I think I'll start reading Dostoevsky or something. Expand
ProsmoothNov 17, 2017
It's big, dumb, loud, and awful.The critics were right again. I guess I'd better start listening to them. It's like a Snyder film trying to be funny (can really tell Joss Whedon tried to polish this t*rd with rewrites to make it a fun movieIt's big, dumb, loud, and awful.The critics were right again. I guess I'd better start listening to them. It's like a Snyder film trying to be funny (can really tell Joss Whedon tried to polish this t*rd with rewrites to make it a fun movie like the Avengers--only so much he could do). Watch it at home. Not worth going to theater to see. Expand
Jess_HillDec 16, 2017
This is a film which, like so many of its predecessors, suffers from poor execution and mediocrity. Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman carry the rest of the characters, and it feels like an opportunity lost, as the fragmented storytelling,This is a film which, like so many of its predecessors, suffers from poor execution and mediocrity. Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman carry the rest of the characters, and it feels like an opportunity lost, as the fragmented storytelling, awful CGI, and unpolished cinematography detract from the storyline. The script has some fun moments, and the performances are solid, but this feels disconnected, with no sense of investment in the outcome. Continuing the tradition of taking itself far too seriously, there is no singular aspect that utterly ruins this, and it is fairly well paced, but overall it is a predictably mediocre experience. 4.83/10 Expand
MrNikitaTVNov 25, 2017
Лига Справедливости- хороший фильм DC. Фильм средний в нем слабенький сюжет с ляпами. Видно, как создатели хотели раскрыть всех персонажей, но у них не получилось. Красивая картинка, хотя в некоторых местах был заметно хромакей. ГлавныйЛига Справедливости- хороший фильм DC. Фильм средний в нем слабенький сюжет с ляпами. Видно, как создатели хотели раскрыть всех персонажей, но у них не получилось. Красивая картинка, хотя в некоторых местах был заметно хромакей. Главный злодей получился средним, иногда был непобедимым, а иногда слабым. Юмор хороший. Лига Справедливости фильм хуже Чудо-Женщины и Бетмен против Супермена, но лучше Отряда самоубийц. Мне кажется, что Джосс Уидон испортил картину Зака Снайдера! Expand
naniinNov 18, 2017
"Лига Справедливости" - худший супергеройский фильм этого года. У фильма сливной злодей, сумбурное повествование, плохой визуал та даже плохой саундтрек.. ещё Киборг который так себе персонаж. Персонажей даже нормально не раскрыли, хотя"Лига Справедливости" - худший супергеройский фильм этого года. У фильма сливной злодей, сумбурное повествование, плохой визуал та даже плохой саундтрек.. ещё Киборг который так себе персонаж. Персонажей даже нормально не раскрыли, хотя конечно этого и не будет. У фильма хронометраж 1 час 50 минут и это ещё один минус. Из плюсов так это юморной Флэш, красивая и милая Чудо-женщина, брутальный Аквамен, реально некоторые хорошие моменты и две сцены после титров. Вышло лучше Отряда, но хуже ЧиС, БпС и ЧЖ. Expand
McLeftwichNov 22, 2017
This review may get quite a few down votes, but this is my personal opinion and I have been a big DC fan for most of my life, I am not trying to bash this movie without any explanation and believe that this score represents my views mostThis review may get quite a few down votes, but this is my personal opinion and I have been a big DC fan for most of my life, I am not trying to bash this movie without any explanation and believe that this score represents my views most accurately. Since around 2011 I have been itching to see the movie where all my favourite superheroes assemble together to fight against a powerful and seemingly impossible to defeat enemy. 2018's Justice League brings along that excitement while simultaneously dragging the heavy weight of a boring and thinly spread story while managing to make some of DC's most fascinating and complex characters into nothing more than dull and uninteresting. The movie suffers greatly from poor pacing, never giving time for the characters to breathe and properly develop and interact with one another. When taking into account all these disappointing missteps, the movie sadly falls on the side of a movie much like Suicide Squad, except with more familiar universal characters. Another problem that I continue to see in these recent DC movies is the excessive use of CGI that ultimately doesn't provide anything near satisfying visuals, making it visually a complete mess and often times hard to watch. After watching Justice League it makes me wonder why these movies are even shot as live action movies as they seem to rarely be able to be capable of one more than one scene in a row without the use of CGI. Ultimately, this movie suffers most from a forgettable and practically nonexistent plot to keep viewers engaged. At this point I don't see how this generation of DC movies can recover from the massive hits they have taken and I believe that the universe needs to be rethought out and possibly try and again without the likes of Zack Synder and Ben Affleck. In a time of overly saturated superhero movie releases, it is important for movies like this to stand out among others, and in no way did this movie succeed in doing so. Hopefully DC can start to reinvent their movies in the future and not turn to stale story telling and one dimensional characters. Expand
whoischarlotteFeb 1, 2018
Justice League has the baggage of the thin plot and inconsistent tone of recent DC movies. It's not as bad as BvS but is over shadowed by the previous release of Wonder Woman. it was pretty laughable, mainly because of the video game like CGI.
RegalReelsNov 29, 2017
Justice League was by no means great, however it was better than Batman vs. Superman. I was very displeased with the how they filmed Wonder Woman, by no means Gal Gadot's fault, but the camera often focused in more on her breast and butts,Justice League was by no means great, however it was better than Batman vs. Superman. I was very displeased with the how they filmed Wonder Woman, by no means Gal Gadot's fault, but the camera often focused in more on her breast and butts, with multiple sexual jokes. The cinematic "Male Gaze" was clear. After Wonder Woman, how the directors portrayed her was very upsetting. Ezra Miller as the Flash was wonderful, a well created character of comedy and traditional light hearted superheroes. Overall, it was a great movie for those who don't want to watch a movie that makes you think. Expand
RonQuixote_Jan 8, 2018
This movie is similar to a dilapidated house on one of those flip or flop shows. Strip the floor to install new hardwood only to find out there are cracks in the foundation. Try to add new shingles to the roof only to find out there areThis movie is similar to a dilapidated house on one of those flip or flop shows. Strip the floor to install new hardwood only to find out there are cracks in the foundation. Try to add new shingles to the roof only to find out there are leaks. It's no secret this movie was stripped to its bare bones in an attempt to be remade over the reshoots period. While this movie still has its flaws, it's still incredibly fun. It won't push the needle in the superhero movie world but movies like this are why we go to the theater in the first place: mindless entertainment. Expand
amheretojudgeJan 16, 2018
why am i paying for this..

Justice League DC is ready to lose its essence i.e. the dark genre, to please the audience but frankly the writing still isn't mature enough to breed either the sincerity or the crisp of it. neither saved by the
why am i paying for this..

Justice League

DC is ready to lose its essence i.e. the dark genre, to please the audience but frankly the writing still isn't mature enough to breed either the sincerity or the crisp of it. neither saved by the script nor by the characters.
ndyinesJan 19, 2018
Actually, if plotline, CGI, the dialogue made slowly, definitely produce great results. Fortunately, this movie has good characters and a pretty good humor, but still, this movie is boring for me.
n4nirmalJan 20, 2018
Its written very badly and lacks good character arc. Everything feels soo rushed, it feels like a mess
bw14916Jan 21, 2018
Justice League was an improvement over Batman v Superman, but the DCEU still has work to do. The Flash stole the show in Justice League, and he has me excited for a Flash standalone movie. Unfortunately Aquaman and Cyborg didn't impress me.Justice League was an improvement over Batman v Superman, but the DCEU still has work to do. The Flash stole the show in Justice League, and he has me excited for a Flash standalone movie. Unfortunately Aquaman and Cyborg didn't impress me. Wonder Woman continues to be a great character, but Batman was surprisingly disappointing. The plot isn't great, but the characters, team dynamic, and lighter tone make it still enjoyable. Expand
WorldofLuckyFeb 3, 2018
I went in expecting it to really suck, but it wasn't that bad.

Don't get me wrong, it is nothing compared to Wonder Woman, or any of the Marvel things that are happening, but I do have to say it managed to be better than Batman v Superman.
I went in expecting it to really suck, but it wasn't that bad.

Now, remember that I also kind of liked (but kind of didn't) Suicide Squad so my taste is not the normal movie critic.

I liked the new characters, Flash and Cyborg seemed interesting, and both had a good feel. I loved the new take on the Flash, and his immediately volunteering to join sort of underscored his whole character. Meanwhile Cyborg was brooding in the beginning but became fairly mellow by the end

The movie itself felt the same dark dark dark grim dark of BvS in places, then in other places it felt less serious about itself and was able to be watched easier. I think this is where you seek Zack Snyder at first, and Joss Whedon in the others.

What this movie did show me was that Zack Snyder shouldn't be directing any of these. I am definitely for a dark comic book universe, but Patty Jenkins proved DC doesn't have to be dark with Wonder Woman, and Joss lightened up Justice League enough that it shows Zack's view isn't beneficial for the universe.

Now, there are huge holes in the movie you could drive a semi-truck through, but overall it was worth it and I would see any subsequent movies as well.

The good: The chemistry with the characters is there, even Superman. The less serious tone really benefitted the movie as well.

The bad: So many plot holes, acting issues and most importantly showing that Zack Snyder should not be directing these movies.
MarvelJoeMar 11, 2018
If you like DC, stop supporting DCEU. If you say "DCEU is great on it's own and better than Marvel", then you're lying to yourself. Sure people can have a opinions like this, but it doesn't changed the fact how DCEU is crumbling down. OneIf you like DC, stop supporting DCEU. If you say "DCEU is great on it's own and better than Marvel", then you're lying to yourself. Sure people can have a opinions like this, but it doesn't changed the fact how DCEU is crumbling down. One side tried to be dark and the other tried to be funny and honestly I never find the jokes in this movie funny. Most of the time, I fake laugh and seem like I seen this type of movie before (The Avengers). I didn't like how they changed Batman in this movie and some of these characters feels like they're there cause they're your favorite superheroes but it's boring. This is one of the disappointments movies of 2017 and at this point I'm not even surprise. Expand
SoulWarfareMar 4, 2018
Justice League (2017)
59 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes
½ While this movie is a step in the right direction it still doesn't quite reach it. The story is that Batman and Wonder Woman try to recruit a team to stop an evil threat that is coming.
Justice League (2017)
59 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes
½
While this movie is a step in the right direction it still doesn't quite reach it. The story is that Batman and Wonder Woman try to recruit a team to stop an evil threat that is coming. The first major problem about this movie is the short run time of 2 hours. It is poorly paced and the transitions and cut just seem odd. It feels like there were lot of missing scenes and it is very noticeable. The threat also isn't there and never do I feel like that there is anything at stake.

If there is a good point about this movie then it is the characters themselves. Let start with Batman who is played by Ben Affleck again. He still does a good job with him and since BvS he has regained trust in the world again and is a lot nicer now. However, his change in character sometimes just doesn't feel right such as the fact that he does a lot of jokes now which doesn't work for me. Batman should not be pulling jokes like this. Also his sudden love for Superman just doesn't make sense especially since he only met him for a few minutes in BvS and it was mostly them at conflict. Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman and she also gives a great job. She is like the second leader of the team after Batman and I liked a certain part of the film where she talks about leading the team with Batman and it was a great conversation which gave her a bit more depth. Jason Momoa as Aquaman is decent but I feel like Aquaman doesn't do as much in the film as I would of liked. Heck he doesn't ever talk to fish or summon sharks at all in the whole movie which is a huge disappointment. Ray Fisher as Cyborg is pretty good but like Aquaman it doesn't feel like he is given enough things to do in the movie and most of the time it feels he is only there to move the plot. Cyborg needed more scenes and this is where it feels like he was let down. Not enough cool moments from Cyborg. Ezra Miller as Flash was great as he was charismatic and had great personality. The flash was definitely the comic relief of the movie but it felt natural and it worked. Whenever he was in the speed force it was cool and I liked that they done it differently from Quicksilver of X men. Henry Cavill returns as Superman and this is a much better Superman, a more hopeful Superman. The character interaction between the team were great such as Cyborg and Flash as the "accidents" , Batman and Wonder woman as the leaders, Batman and Aquaman with their banter and so on. There is a conflict in the group but it never really amounts to anything and it eventually just gets brush over which was hugely disappointing as they become a team almost instantly and it didn't feel natural at all. The villain Steppenwolf is absolute garbage. He is just a CGI blob with "I want to destroy the world just because!" mindset.Not much to say about him. JK Simmons is the new person to play Co missioner Gordon but there isn't much to say about him as he is barely even in the movie which is such a shame as I would've liked to seen more of him. There are also returning characters such as "MARTHA" played by Diane lane and Alfred played by Jeremy Irons and Lois Lane played by Amy Adams but there isn't much to say about them as they barely play a part in this movie.

There are a couple of action scenes and in the beginning of the movie there is a fight between Batman and a parademon but it looks awful with its awkward camera shot and transition. Additionally, the last fight in this movie is just a bloated CGI fest we seen in BvS and Suicide Squad. Though there are two action scenes in the middle with the first being the fight in Gotham Harbour which is all right to say the least. Though the second one is honestly really exciting to watch. For a movie with such a huge budget, it is honestly surprising how awful the CGI is sometimes especially with Steppenwolf who looks lame and never for a moment do I ever feel like he is there. The music score is done by Danny Elfman who done the Tim Burton Batman theme. The score does what it needs to do but never more. He also at points reuse his own Batman theme and John Williams Superman theme which is a nice touch. Still, I would have preferred Junkie XL as their theme had a lot more impact.

The movie doesn't feel consistent which is probably due to the short runtime and the issues behind the scene such as the change in director from Zack to Whedon due to Zack losing his daughter. The change in music composer and the reshoots causing Henry Cavill mouth to be CGI due to him not allowed to shave of his moustache. The movie is very generic and you're not really going to remember that much but it has its moments and you gonna have a little bit of enjoyment with this movie.
emilliodrakeApr 11, 2018
A poorly-written, horribly paced mess of a movie with an over-reliance on CGI and a terrible, forgettable villain. The plot was nonsensical and the constant shift of tone made it confusing. The only reason why I sat through the entire movieA poorly-written, horribly paced mess of a movie with an over-reliance on CGI and a terrible, forgettable villain. The plot was nonsensical and the constant shift of tone made it confusing. The only reason why I sat through the entire movie was because of the action sequences, the brilliant visuals and the acting performances, especially Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller as The Flash and Jason Momoa as Aquaman. I really hope DC get their act together in future movies if they are going to compete with the comic book movie giant, Marvel. I think DC has an interesting roster of superheroes and can be portrayed really well on the big screen if the people behind and in front of the camera were dedicated and determined to make a good movie. Expand
WonderZJul 4, 2018
it's 2018, but only yesterday i decided to watch it using boxxy software. It's pretty rare that I liked a movie from a cinematic universe with a lighter tone than the previous ones, but this movie is highly watchable even with its troubled pace.
TheQuietGamerApr 8, 2018
The long-awaited Justice League unfortunately does not save the DCEU. Instead it continues on with the flaws that plagued the previous two Snyder films and Suicide Squad while adding it's own to the mix. It's an odd amalgam of sci-fi andThe long-awaited Justice League unfortunately does not save the DCEU. Instead it continues on with the flaws that plagued the previous two Snyder films and Suicide Squad while adding it's own to the mix. It's an odd amalgam of sci-fi and fantasy that doesn't really feel like a comic book movie. The plot is weak, rushed, and jumbled. Steppenwolf is probably the dullest supervillain to hit the big-screen thus far. Even when the writing has fallen flat, Snyder films have at least always been good looking. None of that visual panache is on display here though. It's all obvious green screens and bad CGI. Something that is probably due to it being the product of two directors.

While only receiving only a screenwriting credit, Joss Whedon had his fair share of directorial duties when hired to finish up post-production following Snyder's exit as the result of a family loss. His presence can be felt throughout. He is most likely responsible for much of the humor in this film. Most of which comes from Ezra Miller. It's of the same style of the two Avengers films and plays well off of each individual character's traits and their dynamic as a team. While each individual hero is great on their own, they never really come together to form a cohesive unit. Flash, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg are the only ones who really feel like they belong in the Justice League. Batman is wildly out place and Aquaman doesn't contribute anything. Princess Diana and the heir to the Atlantean throne got nerfed to make room for Superman to save the day. Whose return by the way is incredibly anticlimactic and makes everybody else onscreen feel inconsequential. Henry Cavill's performance is pretty good though, despite feeling different from his portrayal in the previous two movies. It's truer to the comic books.

Everyone is going to have their own personal favorite member of the team after watching this. For me it's Ray Fisher. I liked his tragic tale of man who feels like he's losing himself to the machine. I'm excited for his standalone film although I hope they don't go too dark in tone. The movie provides a great jumping off point for all the newly introduced characters to have their own solo projects. While not doing much to stand out on it's own, Justice League at least opens the door for everyone to go their separate ways for a while. Which is probably the best move given that the only self-contained entry in the DCEU (Wonder Woman) is easily it's best. Warner Bros. still has a long way to go before they can make their cinematic universe truly do the comics justice, but the future does look a little brighter now that we've got this stumbling block out of the way.

5.8/10
eljaysonFeb 12, 2018
I was seriously underwhelmed by the film. As a DC fanboy this left a mark forever. Not only is this not a good movie but its an infantile and semi professional shot at best.

I could go on for hours picking it apart but there is nothing I

I could go on for hours picking it apart but there is nothing I could say that could make it shine. This is the result of not following the slow introductory treatment that Marvel got for their characters.

A special shout out to the moron that wrote the script, an awful attempt full of ridiculous one liners and terrible scenes.

Finally, to the company or people who made the CGI, I suggest you change your life goal and career. This looks like a dated fake attempt at a sequel for SKY Captain and The World of Tomorrow. Next time take your time and build the freaking sets or don't pay top dollar for this awful CGI.

The movie villain might be one of the worst SH villains ever and it just feels like a setup for another movie because nothing worth your time happens. Feels rushed, feels butchered in the editing room and don't even get me started on the first scene from the movie where the CGI Superman's fake mouth.

I want to cry and forget this ever happened, and I did not even get into the specifics of each character. Swing and a Miss...for the whole ballgame.
LuciusMcGibbonMar 27, 2018
It wasn't terrible... but for a DCEU movie, that's pretty high praise. I will say this: at least DC movies are starting to come around in tone and quality, albeit slower than they should be. Justice League did a few things right, but there'sIt wasn't terrible... but for a DCEU movie, that's pretty high praise. I will say this: at least DC movies are starting to come around in tone and quality, albeit slower than they should be. Justice League did a few things right, but there's no denying it should have done a lot more with itself to justify the hype. It's sort of like getting on a really fast rollercoaster that never goes more than fifteen feet above ground level... it takes you for a decent ride without really ever taking you to the dizzying heights that, say the Avengers movies did. To its immense credit, imho JL actually knocked the humor aspects out of the park, perhaps even better than any MCU movie not starring Batista or Jeff Goldblum.

Overall, this movie still falls well short of the sheer epicness that a story like this promises to be... and frankly, this would be a far more worse movie without Wonder Woman to breathe life into it at various points... but for once, I did *not* meet the closing credits of a DC movie with the words "what the hell," "that's it," or "come on." The DCEU set the bar so low with its other movies (WW aside) that this counts as a win. And yes, everything about Steppenwolf is unimpressive, generic and visually undercooked.
sanyrubJul 8, 2018
Definitely a downgrading from Wonder Woman the film. It is too messy. The visuals, especially when it comes to the Batman moments, are stunning. While other times not so much. The story is weak in general. But the team is a very disfunctionalDefinitely a downgrading from Wonder Woman the film. It is too messy. The visuals, especially when it comes to the Batman moments, are stunning. While other times not so much. The story is weak in general. But the team is a very disfunctional one, which I like. Wonder Woman is totally the match maker and person of peace in the group. There would be no group without her. Not Batman, not Superman. In fact, these two keep having a pretty big rivalry at times. I like the way they have gone with this Superman: some type of God that could be so destructive, not just a good "man". The Cyborg and Flash additions are good. Don´t hurry to see it but you won´t have a bad time. Expand
AndremaxJul 15, 2018
Was DC trying ripping off Marvel about movies? Sincerely, expectations was high because Wonder Woman's film, but Bruce Wayne remembers too much tony stark and the comic reliefs remember Marvel in a point that has beeing forced. DC is betterWas DC trying ripping off Marvel about movies? Sincerely, expectations was high because Wonder Woman's film, but Bruce Wayne remembers too much tony stark and the comic reliefs remember Marvel in a point that has beeing forced. DC is better in Marvel in another things (like games and comic), they don't need hitchhiking in its sucess to gain public in theaters. Expand
HaloFeverApr 6, 2018
Justice League is a low grade effort. Here you have the premiere DC Universe film that brings all of its heroes (except Green Lantern) together for the first time. I remember when Marvel did this with the Avengers. That movie was justJustice League is a low grade effort. Here you have the premiere DC Universe film that brings all of its heroes (except Green Lantern) together for the first time. I remember when Marvel did this with the Avengers. That movie was just fantastic and I enjoyed seeing its box office rise to over $1B. Somehow Warner Bros. had the instruction kit still screwed it up.

Rather than my usual long winded poorly typed and edited ratning, here is a refined list of the reasons why I think Justice League was a total failure:

The film starts with half a dozen backstories all shoehorned together because we only have origin movies for two of the characters.

Batman is puffy faced, wears a suit that he can hardly move in, and still uses guns like his parents getting killed by one was no big thing.

Obvious green screen. Obvious CGI. Every scene with Superman is dominated by his upper lip.

Half the fight scenes are in giant cylinders. If there is a theme for this movie, it is cylinders.

The Flash is not very funny in this movie. He only seems funny because the rest of the movie is so terrible. His costume is awful.

The conflict among the heroes is completely forced and artificial. Clearly they wanted the Avengers vibe of "some assembly required". Clearly they did not understand how that worked. The dialogue. An examplary line from the movie: Batman says to Superman, "I don't not like you". The movie killed interest in these characters. No one is going to see a heavy metal, hard drinking Aquaman solo movie. No one is interested in a lifeless Cyborg movie. Could anyone really withstand two hours of this Flash saying stupid crap? There is no way puffy faced murder happy Batman will ever top The Dark Knight. Even Wonder Woman and Superman, the only heroes with solo movies, are tainted by this train wreck. Any sequels for them would have to be billed as "not starring other members of the Justice League".
MiracSpectacDec 17, 2017
Justice League, in classic DC fashion, is an incredibly mediocre film. I don't think any movie I've seen within the last several years has been nearly as average in every possible way. The film consistently plays it safe and boarders onJustice League, in classic DC fashion, is an incredibly mediocre film. I don't think any movie I've seen within the last several years has been nearly as average in every possible way. The film consistently plays it safe and boarders on laughable at times. Very forgettable, but not completely undeserving of a look. Expand