Open Road Films | Release Date: December 25, 2013
1.6
Overwhelming dislike based on 325 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ThegodfathersonDec 25, 2013
Ultimately, it’s hard to look at the film from any sort of non-fan perspective and not see it as less than hagiography a tribute to Bieber’s success, and a complimentary portrait of how well he’s supposedly dealt with it. But even if theUltimately, it’s hard to look at the film from any sort of non-fan perspective and not see it as less than hagiography a tribute to Bieber’s success, and a complimentary portrait of how well he’s supposedly dealt with it. But even if the sort of documentary to allow its subject to describe without irony the intimate moments that he has “when I’m on that crane,” “Believe” is probably as personal as Justin Bieber circa 2013 is going to get not because, given the ubiquitousness of the media coverage of his rise to stardom, he won’t open up, but rather that he probably can’t. Expand
KadeemluvmusicDec 29, 2013
I knew this was coming and I know it's been a sad and rough 2013 for young Justin Bieber. He was booed in London, he's starting to throw a burst out of the paparazzi, he lost his pet monkey in Germany, he and his girlfriend Selena Gomez wentI knew this was coming and I know it's been a sad and rough 2013 for young Justin Bieber. He was booed in London, he's starting to throw a burst out of the paparazzi, he lost his pet monkey in Germany, he and his girlfriend Selena Gomez went kaput, I mean I felt sorry for Bieber. I'm a big fan of his work and one of the greatest talented artists since he has millions of followers on Twitter. But there's no need for another concert movie in 3-D. The new "Believe" music documentary feels a bit short and can't outmatch his success in 2011's "Never Say Never" (which is also the name of the title track featuring his best friend Jaden Smith from "The Karate Kid"). I thought the film has a lot of great music but the behind-the-scenes features and revealing secrets of his troubled life just couldn't even make the Beliebers even more special and I think the film just wasted too much publicity when it comes to stars who are turning into a darker path of destruction. But I hope 2014 could fix all the problems Justin needs, maybe counseling might do the trick (just don't give plenty of advices from Will Smith). Not a good documentary to wipe a tear to end the year, but trust me Justin can still deliver the fans what they want. So I prefer a rental for "Believe.". Expand
JubilarianApr 12, 2014
While I'm not "Belieber" and actually dislike him, my little 7 year old sister wanted me to watch this with her because she rented this movie on Blu-Ray.

First off, this movie is entertaining in SOME parts. Most of it is just some random ass moments and one scene includes Justin talking about his mustache..for no reason...

I disliked how they left out Justin's mistakes (smoking weed, speeding, vandalizing) and made him look like a humble and nice person.

He is NOT like that.

The only mistake that he made that they touched on was him yelling at the paparazzi, and even that didn't last for at least 4 minutes.

If you're a Belieber, which I do not know why you are, then this movie is great for you.

If you're not like me, then avoid this movie and watch something else instead. Even if your young ones want to see this movie.