K-19: The Widowmaker

7.2

1. AliA.
    Nov 1, 2002
    My father told me the story of K-19 when I was just 10. Now I can see that entire story! It was brilliant! However, like me, you should have a service in armed forces to understand that situation completely.
  2. Alex
    Oct 20, 2002
    I'm not the patriot of USSR, but i was born there. Now i live in absolutely different country, in Russia. K-19 shows firmness, heroism. It just shows our history. But only russian can feel it.
  3. J.Knouse
    Feb 9, 2003
    K 19 brillantly depicted a part of USSR history as well as what it means to be a part of an incredible team. The chilling contrast between honorable and dishonorable throughout this movie heightened the meaning of what it takes to be courageous and honorable!
  4. DaniS.
    Oct 26, 2002
    An excellent movie. At the end I just wanted to salute along with the crew. Wonderful.
  5. ComradeI.
    Jul 13, 2003
    This is a movie which depicts the heroic and courageous red navy men we should all be thankfull to these good communists they prevented world war 3.captain vostrkov will always be my hero.
  6. Vladimir
    Dec 28, 2002
    I understand that the most of American viewers did not like this movie, because popular Hollywood tricks such as mass drinking scenes and masturbating in a latrine were cut from the movie. But still there are some people, who see and appreciate great job of producers, who has shown us almost forgotten history. It was a hard film to see, at least for me, who knows what radiation is.
  7. Vladimir
    Dec 28, 2002
  8. JayandTheresaM.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Great acting, riviting story. Amazing DVD.
  9. IcemanMaverick
    May 8, 2003
    This movie depicts what all servive men and women feel in times of distress. I was glad that i cound see that the Russians of that time felt the same way.
  10. MikeL.
    Jul 31, 2002
    My wife and I stayed glued to our seats during the entire performance. We lived through this era and found the movie intensely interesting. I sometimes think that professional movie reviewers are effete snobs.
    Jun 24, 2005
    Harrison Ford playing a Russian spells miscast, but he holds hte fort well enough. The radiation effects are quite disturbing, showing how dangerous it really is. Also shows that heroes aren't always who we expect them to be, and sometimes they surface in the most unlikely places.
  12. LutherM.
    Jul 22, 2002
    I think this film is going to take some people by surprise. Unlike "U-571" and other recent submarine "action" movies, K-19 focused much more on the old Soviet political machine as it affected the workings and operation of a sub in crisis. Liam Neeson did an incredible job in his role. It's refreshing to see a movie focus entirely on the "enemy." In fact, as I was watching this film, I think this film is going to take some people by surprise. Unlike "U-571" and other recent submarine "action" movies, K-19 focused much more on the old Soviet political machine as it affected the workings and operation of a sub in crisis. Liam Neeson did an incredible job in his role. It's refreshing to see a movie focus entirely on the "enemy." In fact, as I was watching this film, I'm starting to look at the cold war as the good 'ol days, when at least you knew that your enemy "loved their children too." The emotional development of the characters was superb. Perhaps the film was a bit long and at times a bit melodramatic, but I enjoyed it and would recommend it. Expand
  13. May 6, 2016
    Powerful Film...striving for supremacy at all costs...Definitely worth watching.

Watch it online for free: http://www.watchfree.to/watch-8fa-K-19-The-Widowmaker-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. What's really needed is a story with some sizzle, but Bigelow, in K-19, can't seem to decide whether she's making a shoot-the-works underwater rouser, like ''U-571'' or ''Crimson Tide,'' or a lofty historical message movie that hits us with the breaking news that the arms race was, in every sense, a poisonous game.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Impressive and heartfelt.
    Despite its exciting moments, the film is too long.