Kangaroo Jack

4.7

1. GaladiM.
    Jul 5, 2003
    Very Bad and worse movie.
  2. Layne
    Dec 6, 2003
    This film is pure garbage. Not only is the CGI kangaroo the worst Hollywood creation of the year, but this film is right up there with it. A revolting film well deserving of the low Meta-score it recieved.
  3. JC
    Apr 9, 2003
    Is this movie for real? what utter trash from an equally trashy cast and crew.
  4. SummerOfGilbertM.
    Jul 12, 2003
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO. NO, NO, NO. N. O. NO.
  5. LaurenS
    Feb 10, 2009
    Even for a children's movie, it is an extreme flop. I was a kid when it came out, and i saw it with my parents, they were absolutely disgusted and i was too! We left the theater, and as a teen, i've had enough of the losers saying it's the greatest movie in the world. For me, everyone has an opinion, but please, seriously, don't watch it. It's such a redneck movie.
  6. EvanH
    Jun 9, 2009
    I watched this movie when I was about 8 years old and I wasn't remotely amused by this.
  7. BonehoC.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I didn't laugh once this whole movie! It's so freaking bad! I have heard the jokes before, and those who haven't won't find them funny. Some of the content should not be in a PG movie. Like Charlie, (or whatever his name was), grabbing the women's breast. Or the extreme use of achohol. I decided to watch this movie to see how bad it was. I guess it was worth it so I didn't laugh once this whole movie! It's so freaking bad! I have heard the jokes before, and those who haven't won't find them funny. Some of the content should not be in a PG movie. Like Charlie, (or whatever his name was), grabbing the women's breast. Or the extreme use of achohol. I decided to watch this movie to see how bad it was. I guess it was worth it so now I can make fun of it. That's something. I guess I'll give it a one because of that. Expand
  8. ZachL
    Apr 3, 2005
    I give this movie a one because I laughed once... at how pathetic this movie truly was. This movie isn't suited for really young kids, which is the only audience who would have found this movie funny. All of the "10" reviews were fake, right? RIGHT?!
  9. E.Rooz
    Jun 11, 2003
    So there I was in 1998 (!!) listening to a ozzy telling a story about a supposedly dead kangaroo hit by a car and a few guys putting a shirt on to make a photo.... This story must have evovled like an urban legend into a film. Can't be very original...
  10. BradD.
    Jul 14, 2003
    How can such a god-awful piece of crap come from such a renowned producer as Jerry Bruckheimer? He must be very, very ashamed of his work.
  11. Katherine
    Jul 28, 2006
    Terrible. Today all I am seeing is terrible movies. Hollywood is running out of ideas! What happend to those creative, great, original movies. It is also a bad influence on kids.
  12. briann
    Aug 14, 2007
    anthony anderson should be forever banned from movies and take jerry o'connell with him. as a punishment, no film studio should be allowed to use the song 'down under' or make a movie set in australia ever again. also, they should make a DVD sequel solely for the purposes of torturing that horrid rapping kangaroo.
    Dec 15, 2003
    What a horribly offensive movie, I'm not sure what's worse, the acting, impossile plot line, or animal cruelty, even though it was only CG. This movie should never have been made, the only thing that should have come from this is a well-done CGI kangaroo, floating around on KaZaA.
  14. matt
    Dec 17, 2007
    The kangaroo talks? Huh. I didn't catch that because I was too busy sleeping through the whole movie.
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    What Kangaroo Jack is attempting to accomplish is far beyond me. Sure, O'Connell and Anderson have compatibility... but that certainly doesn't make them funny.
  16. Oct 1, 2014
    This movie is so un-Australian that it would make Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin renounce their citizenship and move to Fiji to evade any ridicule caused by that "movie".

Quick Ozzie joke aside, that movie is unbelievably stupid, pointless, and lacking ANY kind of sense. Want proof? The titular characters barely as ANY screen time. Instead, we follow the idiotic adventures of Dumb and Dumber wannabes Chris "ugly playboy" O'Donnell and Anthony "i'm just going to be the black sidekick for the rest of my uninspiring career" Anderson who team up with Estella "bombshell that has swapped her personality and talent for a big rack" Warren to get some money from some guy... I don't know... honestly, this movie is not worth mentioning. Well, maybe aside of the fact that it shows off Australia as a land where people cannot communicate in English and are still bearing the personality traits of the couple criminals that were shipped down under.

Oh, and Michael Shannon has clearly had time to prepare for his screen chewing performance as Zod. Oh yeah, he will find the inspiration.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

Straight from the fiery, churning bowels of high-concept hell comes Kangaroo Jack, Bruckheimer's idea of kid-friendly fare, and some of the longest 90 minutes ever committed to film.
    The 'roo doesn't talk, except in a dream sequence…I'm dying here.
  3. What better to do with such a quiet, majestic landscape than to liven it up with the noise and vulgarity of lowest-common-denominator American pop culture?