4.7

1. Aug 24, 2014
    What Kangaroo Jack is attempting to accomplish is far beyond me. Sure, O'Connell and Anderson have compatibility... but that certainly doesn't make them funny.
  2. Oct 26, 2013
    My memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I give it a four because I got a few laughs, a few. Otherwise, this would be a one from me. Expand
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    This movie is so un-Australian that it would make Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin renounce their citizenship and move to Fiji to evade any ridicule caused by that "movie".

Quick Ozzie joke aside, that movie is unbelievably stupid, pointless, and lacking ANY kind of sense. Want proof? The titular characters barely as ANY screen time. Instead, we follow the idiotic adventures of Dumb and
    Dumber wannabes Chris "ugly playboy" O'Donnell and Anthony "i'm just going to be the black sidekick for the rest of my uninspiring career" Anderson who team up with Estella "bombshell that has swapped her personality and talent for a big rack" Warren to get some money from some guy... I don't know... honestly, this movie is not worth mentioning. Well, maybe aside of the fact that it shows off Australia as a land where people cannot communicate in English and are still bearing the personality traits of the couple criminals that were shipped down under.

Oh, and Michael Shannon has clearly had time to prepare for his screen chewing performance as Zod. Oh yeah, he will find the inspiration.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

Straight from the fiery, churning bowels of high-concept hell comes Kangaroo Jack, Bruckheimer's idea of kid-friendly fare, and some of the longest 90 minutes ever committed to film.
    The 'roo doesn't talk, except in a dream sequence…I'm dying here.
  3. What better to do with such a quiet, majestic landscape than to liven it up with the noise and vulgarity of lowest-common-denominator American pop culture?